Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E08: Week 8: Trio Night

• Start Topic

(edited)

I didn't think an instrumental version of Gangster's Paradise could be so movie trailer epic.

Len is (rightly?) not feeling Bonner. What was up with that jazz? Was it 50 Shades inspired? It was awful.

I'm tired of Normani being hailed as the second coming of Bindi. #anyonebutNormani

I was bored by tonight. Guess I'll be back for the "epic" one hour finale on whatever Tuesday ... but only because I like the party feel and seeing the eliminated couples.

I mostly don't care at all who wins. Rashad, I guess, if I had to pick.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 9

"Do you know Fleetwood Mac?" "Yeah. I love him. Wait, do you mean the guy? The rapper or is that the title of the song?" God, I love dumbass Witney. I just want to sit down with her and feed her different band names and see who she thinks they are. But the female vocalist completely fucked up that song. Worst. Rendition. Ever. Can we get #firetheDWTSband trending on Twitter?

Captain (no) Charisma, the Cardboard Cowboy, actually showed an emotion tonight, guys! There was legit real emotion from him! Of course, it was a serial killer-esque anger towards Sharna during practice. He reminded me of the killers in Criminal Minds episodes where they want you to think it might be Rando Guy #1, and then Rando Guy #2, but it's really that dude who was briefly seen in the background in the first act. Bonner is the guy from the first act. He's the killer, y'all. I'm kinda disappointed that he didn't snap after Len's comments. Would've really spiced up the show.

I thought it was hilarious during Simone's trio dance when she hit the cartwheel or flip or whatever it was and instantly plastered that gymnastics smile on her face and then wiped it right off because it was srs bsns time. Wasn't any more authentic but I thought it was kind of cute. 

Now that Team Bonner for the Lulz is broken up, I guess I'm Team Dad Dancing. I've never cared so little about who's left for the finals. Meh.

I could watch Tom dance on top of the judging table all night.

• Love 9
(edited)

Simone looked like she was biting her tongue during that entire trio round judging and I can't say I blame her. She's not Laurie, she's not bubbly like Laurie. And that is okay! She has literally been trained her entire life to show little emotion when she performs.

Loved her little shrug to Tom and her "smiling doesn't win you gold medals."

Between that and what I took as Bonner's final parting shot, when he was eliminated and said "...and I learned how much I could take.", I loved the dancetestants fighting back tonight.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 19

Don't mess about on the judges table..thank you Len! Keep ya damn shirt on for once Val

Boring night, I could have written this week, three weeks ago..

They judge them all like they are Normani or Simone..ya cant do that judges ( sigh) . 

Normani and Val in the semi finals..shocker ( yawn)

Simone..another shocker...(yawn)

David and Lindsay semi finals
Rashad in semi finals

Go upset the judges Rashad...win it all. Tired of the tongue baths for pro dancers..

2 minutes ago, spanana said:

Is there a reason the show is trying to break Simone?  I get she's not the greatest dancer ever and I get what the judges are trying to say, but you're not going to break her of what has been ingrained in her over the course of her whole life in 8 weeks.  Especially when they are up Normani's ass even when she's not perfect (her jive) and were up Laurie's ass all last season.

Well up Normani's, damn could they be more obvious! 

• Love 5

It's about time!  No Mirror Ball for you Sharna!   The producers really need to stop trying to make her happen.  Poor Bonner's trio was a sleaze fest because of her.

Rashad was fantastic tonight.  I am glad to see both him and David advance to the semi-finals.  Simone is okay, but Normani could disappear and I would not miss her.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, smiley13 said:

It's about time!  No Mirror Ball for you Sharna!   The producers really need to stop trying to make her happen.  Poor Bonner's trio was a sleaze fest because of her.

Rashad was fantastic tonight.  I am glad to see both him and David advance to the semi-finals.  Simone is okay, but Normani could disappear and I would not miss her.

For a family show, its getting raunchier..jmho

• Love 2
(edited)

Week 8!  This season has become tedious.  Not much of an opener. I guess Mandy was busy with other stuff this week.  Did Bonner just give the finger in the introductions? Maybe I'm seeing things.

Rashad:  Arggh! I hate that raised stage. Got a good view of Emma but Rashad was obscured by audience heads.  He was doing good up till then. I think he messed up his feet a bit and lost sync with Emma but he got back on track.  Score was ok, I think they want to leave room for Simone and Normani (yes, I think I've become cynical)  but they could have given one 10.

Normani:  Last week a bad back, this week a contemporary? Ok.  A lot of thrashing about but not much in the way of dancing.  Julianne thinks she's creating history? That's a bit much.  Bruno-Pulitzer Prize? Uh, no.  CAI-surprised she's not gushing tears - a profound moment?  No.  All 10s? No, I think about 4 points overscored.  The agenda is clear.

Bonner:  He needs every moment of rehearsal time he can get.  Hate all the flashing lights. He may have felt that was dramatic but he really didn't move much.  I had to double-check that it was supposed to be an Argentine Tango. Disagree with CAI, I don't think we've all become "believers".  Last time I recall Len saying he's overstayed his welcome (or gone a bridge too far) was with Master P.  Scores were ok, maybe a point too high.

Simone:   Ohhh giggles, giggles, she doesn't know she's beautiful.  (eye roll)  She was trying more to look at Sasha, whether that was choreographed or not, I don't know.  I think she's on auto-pilot when she puts on a smile but her eyes don't change.  When she genuinely laughs or smiles, her eyes crinkle.  I don't know.  Scores were fair though.

David:  Very pretty Father/Daughter dance! I think he might have missed an under arm pass and a couple balance problems but he kept going.  Agree with the scores, his highest so far.

Trios:

Rashad:  2 female pros, 1 male star, usually they treat him as a pole and dance around him (remembering Lindsay, Witney + Calvin) but here Emma actually gave him a lot of content.  Yes, his feet aren't so great but the rest of him did really well. (That blue lipstick looks awful on Witney, and if it's awful on her, I don't know anyone who can pull it off.)  Agree with the scores.

Normani:  Her idea of the perfect Southern gentleman is Bonner? Uhh. Ok.  Thought it funny that Alan started with a closed shirt, then ripped it open, then Val had to tear off his then Alan had to tear off his. What's this, the male stripper jive?  This seemed more like a Jive/country hoedown.  At least Len mentioned the time-wasting on the judges desk, even if he was smiling as he spoke.  10s for partially doing the assigned dance?  (Let's pause for a little promo by Val for Alan? Enough!)

Bonner:  He wants to smack both in the butt? Liked Sharna's response (there's a lawsuit in that).  This was a Jazz?  Loved Alfonso's wife's reaction at the end of the dance!   Why did she choreograph all 3 dancing in sync so much when he can't dance in sync?  Just.. a mess! All 7s were generous.  I think he's resigned to going home tonight, but I'm not so sure he is.

Simone:  Unfortunate that Brittany was put into their trio (I suspect for height reasons, the guys would be all too tall), as my eye was drawn to Sasha and then to Brittany.  She doesn't have the performance ability to stand out.  I had to keep reminding myself to watch her.  It didn't even register that this was a paso doble.  She looked pissed during judging. "Smiling doesn't win gold medals"?  Agree with the scores.

David:  Well he sure acted the role but I don't think there was much content.  Boy, could Len be a little rougher? Or was he kidding?  Agree with the scores, or maybe one more 8.

Ahh finally! Bye Bonner.

ETA:  Notable to point out that they typically give the "win" to the highest cumulative score (at least in the few seasons that I've tracked cumulative scores), with the exception of Paige whose total score was 1 point higher than Nyle.  They've given (through massive overscoring IMO) Normani what I would think is an almost insurmountable lead at 358 points, then Simone at 347. Rashad at 346 and David at 305.   

Edited by Uke
  • Love 3

Tom  had more hip action than any of the celebs they had....and I may be one of the few and proud but I am never bored when Dave dances..I loved BOTH dances...yeah, they were messy in spots but the guy is way out of his comfort zone..older than the others and just in it for joy.....Rashad was fantastic..and the Normani worship is too much for me....

..and I am sorry but Simone comes off as whiny with whole "gold medals thing"....It's like the whole DWTS show should just be lucky to have her....Go home Simone to your medals..the mirrorball is beneath you...

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, gohawks said:

Makes me miss Karina. 

Val sounded like he was saying goodbye tonight. If we could be that lucky, and could get him to take bro and sis with him, maybe we could get Karina back next season?

• Love 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Val sounded like he was saying goodbye tonight. If we could be that lucky, and could get him to take bro and sis with him, maybe we could get Karina back next season?

I'm okay with that if they take JA too and keep her rodent-faced brother off my screen. 

I love Val but it would be nice to have him out of the way for a season so Emma, Alan and Artem have centerstage.

Edited by gohawks
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

That was a very Maks-esque speech he gave. Of course if he actually follows Maks lead we are in for at least 5 or 6 more of those speeches followed by a triumphant return. 

I rooting for a Rashad/David/Normani finale. I really wanted to like Simone but I just don't. Well, I like her just not as a contestant on this show. Other than the Charleston I don't remember any of her dances. 

David is obviously not as skilled at dancing as she is but I find him and his partnership with Lindsay way more compelling to watch. 

• Love 5

Normani is so clearly ahead of everyone else with her dances. I mean the girl is probably the best technical dancer left but she's such an great performer? Everyone got on her case about "not knowing her story" and she opens up about a tough time and the people say how it's fixed and of course she gets Contemporary? What about when Rashad used Contemporary to talk about something emotional? Was it fixed then?

I wouldn't have been mad at either David or Bonner leaving. Part of me wanted David cause I think she's a Bill Engvall type of robber who could easily kick out someone good next week and make the final, especially have him dance last tonight.

There was something odd about Simone's critiques tonight; all season they've been kind to her, granted underscoring her mostly but tonight it was like "hammer dropped". Neither dance tonight was perfect but it was a weird time to drop the hammer. Either they are setting up a comeback week for her next week or she's not doing as well as the beginning in votes and are prepping for a 3rd or 4th place finish to make sense to the viewers.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

That was a very Maks-esque speech he gave. Of course if he actually follows Maks lead we are in for at least 5 or 6 more of those speeches followed by a triumphant return. 

Not to mention you would think from watching his brother he'd know that the grass isn't always greener........nor are there that many opportunities for an arrogant reality show dancer with a huge chip on his shoulder who thinks the world owes him something.

Edited by Toonces464
  • Love 16
12 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Not to mention you would think from watching his brother he'd know that the grass isn't always greener........nor are there that many opportunities for an arrogant reality show dancer with a huge chip on his shoulder who thinks the world owes him something.

Why do they need to give any speeches, who are they , that they feel they are special. Maks left, the show didnt fall apart. Just less back chat to the judges that dare critique them, as they do everyone..meh

• Love 7
(edited)
18 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

Normani is so clearly ahead of everyone else with her dances. I mean the girl is probably the best technical dancer left but she's such an great performer? Everyone got on her case about "not knowing her story" and she opens up about a tough time and the people say how it's fixed and of course she gets Contemporary? What about when Rashad used Contemporary to talk about something emotional? Was it fixed then?

I don't think its unfair that Normani got a contemporary.  They have all had them, or at least Rashad and Simone.  I don't remember if David did.  I will say timing matters however.  Getting a contemporary down the homestretch of the season to boost you into the finale is more advantageous timing than having it super early on, but it's not unfair.  

For examples of advantageous timing, see Rumer.  Now Normani isn't a Rumer, but if I remember correctly Rumer was great at standard ballroom and kind of mediocre at most latin.  So what did TPTB do?  Give her all variations of standard dances they knew she was good at down the last 2-3 weeks of the season so they could confidently give her perfect scores and boost her towards a win.

I didn't need Normani to get scored down or critiqued for her contemp.  Contemp is often a free pass on this show and it's sort of an excuse for a perfect score.

I would however like Normani to get critiqued on her actual ballroom dances that have room for critique.  Short of Len calling out some time wasting, she got no critique that I can remember and mostly 10s for her jive and there was definitely room for critique there.

I'd also be shocked if Val left.  He might give numerous speeches but I feel fairly confident he will back come the fall.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, spanana said:

I don't think its unfair that Normani got a contemporary.  They have all had them, or at least Rashad and Simone.  I don't remember if David did.  I will say timing matters however.  Getting a contemporary down the homestretch of the season to boost you into the finale is more advantageous timing than having it super early on, but it's not unfair.  

For examples of advantageous timing, see Rumer.  Now Normani isn't a Rumer, but if I remember correctly Rumer was great at standard ballroom and kind of mediocre at most latin.  So what did TPTB do?  Give her all variations of standard dances she knew they were good at down the last 2-3 weeks of the season so they could confidently give her perfect scores and boost her towards a win.

I didn't need Normani to get scored down or critiqued for her contemp.  Contemp is often a free pass on this show and it's sort of an excuse for a perfect score.

I would however like Normani to get critiqued on her actual ballroom dances that have room for critique.  Short of Len calling out some time wasting, she got no critique that I can remember and mostly 10s for her jive and there was definitely room for critique there.

I'd also be shocked if Val left.  He might give numerous speeches but I feel fairly confident he will back come the fall.

I think most fans were griping about her not opening up and I think this dance was a perfect time for that to open up about something tough for her. I remember this from following 5H's career and it was nasty.

Contemp is a free pass, but emotion is so integral to it and she really exceeded there. I don't ever think she's been overscored the whole season or given unjust 10's. Kym and Sharna have said she's one of the best female celebs ever and I'd agree. She's a great technical dancer, but also a great actress and performer. I never worry about her messing up or not performing and seeing a female celeb with that technique and performance combo is fascinating to see seeing as most female celebs are one or the other.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, spanana said:

For examples of advantageous timing, see Rumer.  Now Normani isn't a Rumer, but if I remember correctly Rumer was great at standard ballroom and kind of mediocre at most latin.  So what did TPTB do?  Give her all variations of standard dances they knew she was good at down the last 2-3 weeks of the season so they could confidently give her perfect scores and boost her towards a win.

I read somewhere that the pro choose the dance style and song 

8 minutes ago, spanana said:

Unfortunately I agree, and I think Maks will be too despite his babbling at the MS Gala this weekend about maybe doing other things. But saying they might not come back gets them attention, and then gets them more when they inevitably do come back.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Sstt said:

I read somewhere that the pro choose the dance style and song 

Yes & no.  I think it depends.  Also TPTB always have final say and can veto anything.  There are any number of ways the show can play with things to get the desired situation they want.  I know this isn't American Idol, but it's a similar idea.  Where TPTB couldn't get songs to clear for certain contestants but then could magically get them to clear for chosen contestants.  I know there isn't quite the same song clearance issues here, or at least the same way, but it's all manipulated to a degree.

Contemp is a free pass, but emotion is so integral to it and she really exceeded there. I don't ever think she's been overscored the whole season or given unjust 10's. Kym and Sharna have said she's one of the best female celebs ever and I'd agree.

I tend to disagree.  I'm not arguing her contemp scores in the least and I'm not remotely doubting her emotion or what she has been through.  Give her a perfect score there.  However I have seen several places where I felt she should have been critiqued in actual ballroom dances where she wasn't.  I don't know where Normani stacks up on the best of all time list, but just because Sharna & Kym have said she's one of the best I don't necessarily have to agree.  Yes, they are the experts but at the same time the pros all have super selective memories after 20 plus seasons.  Plus Sharna is always going to support whoever is a fam celeb, so it would be more of a shock if she wasn't all over whoever was paired with Val.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Unfortunately I agree, and I think Maks will be too despite his babbling at the MS Gala this weekend about maybe doing other things. But saying they might not come back gets them attention, and then gets them more when they inevitably do come back.

Gets them back, with the promise of a ringer!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, sara416 said:

You know, David Ross is not the best dancer. But he is a good human being and that is what keeps him on this show.He's just an incredibly likable guy with a good heart and a genuine love for whatever he is doing. My favorite thing is that he smiles and/or laughs at the end of pretty much every dance he does and the fact that he is having such a great time while he is on this show is a huge draw. People vote for who they like best, not who necessarily is the best. Never underestimate the power of Cubs fans in large numbers!

THIS.  Plus, I really enjoy watching him dance....it's that simple.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, sara416 said:

You know, David Ross is not the best dancer. But he is a good human being and that is what keeps him on this show.He's just an incredibly likable guy with a good heart and a genuine love for whatever he is doing. My favorite thing is that he smiles and/or laughs at the end of pretty much every dance he does and the fact that he is having such a great time while he is on this show is a huge draw. People vote for who they like best, not who necessarily is the best. Never underestimate the power of Cubs fans in large numbers!

I liked him from week one, and I'm no cubs fan..:) 

• Love 12

Tonight was a Normani standout for me. She's been good all along but I didn't love her dances as much as I did this week. The concept & choreography for the contemporary really worked for me - it tackled an emotional moment for her but felt triumphant and not maudlin, which was really nice. And the trio was a cheesefest, but it was danced with such fun that it was infectious, and it worked. (Was that the set that Peta used for her sexy gas station dance with James Maslow?) If I were to rank the dances, based on the very unscientific and biased standard of what I enjoyed watching, I'd put them: 

1. Normani's Contemporary
  2. Normani's Trio
  3. David's Waltz
  4. Rashad's Jive
  5. Simone's Trio
  6. Rashad's Trio
  7. Simone's Foxtrot
  8. David's Trio
  9. Bonner's Dances. Tied, I guess (Don't really care)

David's waltz was adorable, especially that move where Lindsey stepped on his feet. His trio was sort of a disaster - terribly stiffly danced and completely overwhelmed by the costumes and the theme. Yeesh, one hit, one miss. 

I'm still wanting a Normani/Rashad/Simone final three though. I wouldn't hate it if David got in, this is the right final four for me, but Normani/Rashad/Simone are just so cute together, I can't help but root for them. 

• Love 2

Re: Val's comment about Alan being "the future of the show," why are he and Maks trying to make Alan happen? (Maks said similar things).  I would think it pisses off the producers when they declare Alan a pro next season.  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Re: Val's comment about Alan being "the future of the show," why are he and Maks trying to make Alan happen? (Maks said similar things).  I would think it pisses off the producers when they declare Alan a pro next season.  

Because last time they tried this, with Henry, it failed miserably? LOL I think it's because Alan is the latest member of the troupe to cling to the fam. Alan's been hanging around with Val on the last two tours and I saw him in Val's Instagram story this weekend  at the house with the guys watching boxing.

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Because last time they tried this, with Henry, it failed miserably? LOL I think it's because Alan is the latest member of the troupe to cling to the fam. Alan's been hanging around with Val on the last two tours and I saw him in Val's Instagram story this weekend  at the house with the guys watching boxing.

Henry failed when rat-face put an end to that because his partner actually had chemistry with Henry.

Edited by gohawks
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, stonehaven said:

....Go home Simone to your medals..the mirrorball is beneath you...

I would think she does feel the MBT is beneath her.  But she's an athlete.  Athletes love to compete and win.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Because its Maks show! Didnt he say those very words?( Ego head.)

Normani:  Her idea of the perfect Southern gentleman is Bonner? Uhh. Ok.  Thought it funny that Alan started with a closed shirt, then ripped it open, then Val had to tear off his then Alan had to tear off his. What's this, the male stripper jive?  This seemed more like a Jive/country hoedown.  At least Len mentioned the time-wasting on the judges desk, even if he was smiling as he spoke.  10s for partially doing the assigned dance?  (Let's pause for a little promo by Val for Alan? Enough!)

This! So much this!

I find having both Carrie Ann and Julianne at the judging table to be redundant as the same things appeal to them as judges. I noticed that both of them almost always and sometimes exclusively comment on the pre-taped package as opposed to the dance. They both also get caught up in the showman of the season or the tearjerker moments. I'm not saying anything is wrong with this but I don't feel like this quality is needed in two judges.

Furthermore, I did not like Julianne's comments about Simone. There was a harshness that wasn't necessary. 

• Love 7

Wow, they are really giving Simone a hard time. It's one thing to do it for one week so she can come back and wow them the next week with her "growth", but they are just harsh all the time. I really don't get it. Everyone left has strengths and faults but they just keep harping on Simone. 

I remembered what bothered me most during tonight's show! Normani's belt buckle was flapping during her dance (not her fault, obvs), but no one ever fixed it; even in the elimination at the end, it was still undone! Come on wardrobe, get it together! I don't understand why it couldn't have been fixed during the last two dances!!

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, gohawks said:

Henry failed because rat-face put an end to that because actually had chemistry with Henry.

I have no idea who rat-face is but Henry is right up there as one of my least favorite people to ever dance on this show. So glad he was kicked to the curb.

Don't look now but Erin is gushing on Twitter about Val pushing for Alan to be a pro. Girlfriend loves her some Chmerkovskiys and male troupe dancers.

On the subject of Erin, there are only five contestants left and only half of them got interviews with her tonight? I don't ever remember a season where anyone except the last couple of the night didn't go up to the sky box or back to the red room to talk to her unless the show was pressed for time when they still had a lot of people. It makes me wonder if this may be her last season and they're phasing her out. I think she's the best co-host they've had, but she's been really awful this whole season --- lame jokes that aren't funny, stumbling over her words, inappropriate comments (MILF?) and just generally awkward and uncomfortable around everyone except Maks and Val. I don't know if she's distracted by her wedding to the drug dealer or if she's just trying way too hard but she's really been painful to watch this season. And she needs to find a new style squad --- her outfit, hair and makeup choices have been really suspect this season.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Uke said:

(Let's pause for a little promo by Val for Alan? Enough!)

I have had more than enough of Val and Maks.  Just go away !! This show is not yours, really , it's not. I do not care that you think Alan is the future of the show, I don't care what you think about anything.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, tessaforever said:

Wow, they are really giving Simone a hard time. It's one thing to do it for one week so she can come back and wow them the next week with her "growth", but they are just harsh all the time. I really don't get it. Everyone left has strengths and faults but they just keep harping on Simone. 

Maybe she's getting the votes, and Normani isn't. I don't know. If this show has turned into how many twitter followers respond, its time for me to move on...

Rashad for the win! 

3 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I have had more than enough of Val and Maks.  Just go away !! This show is not yours, really , it's not. I do not care that you think Alan is the future of the show, I don't care what you think about anything.

Bingo! 

• Love 3

I'm sorry, but I'm REALLY not liking Simone right now. I feel bad for Sasha--her attitude tonight is horrible, and added to the things she has said/the way she's treated him in the past, I'm ready for her to go.

• Love 6

For those like myself in camp "cast  great dancers so we get great routines", nights like tonight makes me want to dig in  my position even more. Two hours is too long for this fake it till you make it approach..

Rashad:  could his package have been more campaign like? All that was missing was him kissing some babies...

Simone: TPTB have spoken you're not getting the mirror ball

Bonner/ David: As little Red said in the critically acclaimed musical "Into the Woods" ..."Nice is different than good" 

Normani: She's basically taking a victory lap around an empty rink...

• Love 1
1 minute ago, marykat71702 said:

I'm sorry, but I'm REALLY not liking Simone right now. I feel bad for Sasha--her attitude tonight is horrible, and added to the things she has said/the way she's treated him in the past, I'm ready for her to go.

I see nothing wrong with Simone's attitude. Sasha picked a song called "you don't know you're beautiful" implying that Simone doesn't know that she's beautiful. It's clear that Sasha adores Simone, he is always trying to build her up. She probably felt defensive about it - she is young.

However, I completely agree with how she reacted to Julianne who absolutely cutting her down. Simone simply responded.

• Love 8

First, shout out to Len for bringing the sass and finally laying the truth on the table for Bonner. We've all been thinking it, finally Len said it. All I could hear was my elementary Super Nintendo saying finish him while playing Mortal Kombat. Between Bonner's Hannibal outburst in the first rehearsal footage to his creep master creep towards the trio situation in the second footage, I won't miss him. He's always given me an ew gross vibe. 

Second, shout out to Tom for getting on the judges table and dancing before the commercial break. I will be saving that gif to use during any occasion I can possibly find. 

Now for the contestants:

Normani - I loved her first dance, and the message it sent for the young girls out there watching her. I know cyber bullying is a big problem in the teen crowd these days, so I thought it was a great and positive message to put out there. I still think she'll win the whole thing. 

Rashad - the guy can move, and deserves to be in the finals. I think he's losing a bit of his zest that caught my attention early on in the season, but I still wouldn't mind it if he won the whole thing. 

Simone - I honestly wouldn't be upset if she goes next week. I find myself completely tuning out when she's on screen. Gymnast overload. 

David - I don't even care that he's not the greatest dancer of all time, I just love him. He seems like the most genuinely adorable man, and he's someone I find myself rooting for. I give so many props to Lindsey for always bringing out the best in her partners. She deserves a ringer. Also, did anyone else notice that as soon as Bonner and Sharna walked down to the stage to do their farewell, David immediately went and congratulated all of the other contestants and shook their hands. What a doll. 

Here's to possibly a very dull finale, cheers y'all.  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, marykat71702 said:

And she is always cutting him down.

You're right. I stand correct. 20 year old (but eternally teenagery) Simone is cutting down 33 year old Sasha- a man who is more than a decade older than her. I see it now. Thank you for your insight.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I could watch Tom dance on top of the judging table all night.

Very fun to watch !

2 hours ago, F. M. said:

Go upset the judges Rashad...win it all

YES!!!!

2 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Since the day Maks started on this show he has been a fame whore , plain and simple. Everything he does is to get publicity and call attention to himself.

1 hour ago, Toonces464 said:

Unfortunately I agree, and I think Maks will be too despite his babbling at the MS Gala this weekend about maybe doing other things. But saying they might not come back gets them attention, and then gets them more when they inevitably do come back

Yup.....babbling is a very good way to describe it.

37 minutes ago, F. M. said:

Because its Maks show! Didnt he say those very words?( Ego head.)

He most certainly said those very words. Pissed off some of the other dancers too.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, marykat71702 said:

And she is always cutting him down.

I think she's just shy and uncomfortable around guys, so she resorts to  jabs or digs instead of behaving like an adult.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LotusFlower said:

Alan is Russian heritage.  Maks/Val are Ukraine.  So their families are from the same area.  Alan even has an older brother who is a ballroom dancer.  He tried out for sytycd as well.  So Alan's brother probably knows Val/Maks better than he does.  Besides, the ballroom community is so intertwined.  So I'm not surprised that Maks/Val are pushing Alan.

• Love 3