Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation Without Spoilers

• Start Topic

Howard can't be with Kim if she's working at HHM. Either she'd be his subordinate there, in which case it's too dangerously close to harassment, or he'd promote her to partner and then everyone would think she had gotten the promotion on her back. I think it would probably be too sordid and scandalous for them to get together even without her working at HHM, given her history there. Howard seems to have a strong sense of propriety and I think that that puts Kim off limits. Not to mention his wife! I don't see Howard as the type to have affairs in general, frankly.

And all that's not even taking into account that I can't imagine Kim being interested.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Howard can't be with Kim if she's working at HHM. Either she'd be his subordinate there, in which case it's too dangerously close to harassment, or he'd promote her to partner and then everyone would think she had gotten the promotion on her back.

No, I think it's one or the other for the reasons you have said. She can go back to work for HHM with no romantic entanglement, or she remains on her own but gets involved with Howard, which is also unlikely, I agree.

I think it would probably be too sordid and scandalous for them to get together even without her working at HHM, given her history there. Howard seems to have a strong sense of propriety and I think that that puts Kim off limits. Not to mention his wife! I don't see Howard as the type to have affairs in general, frankly.

Yes, the problem is that even if Howard got divorced and subsequently got involved with Kim, there would be rumours about whether he'd been involved with her the whole time, including the time she had worked at HHM. Neither Howard nor Kim seem like the types to invite that sort of scandal.

Another darker possibility for Kim that's been floated after the season finale, given the "Always go for the good stuff" remark re: pain relief, is that Kim spirals into opioid addiction. The time frame of the show is situated at a time when Oxy was being handed out like Tic Tacs.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Another darker possibility for Kim that's been floated after the season finale, given the "Always go for the good stuff" remark re: pain relief, is that Kim spirals into opioid addiction. The time frame of the show is situated at a time when Oxy was being handed out like Tic Tacs.

Very good theory, I didn't think of that.  Could easily happen. 

• Love 3

Honestly, I think that it's possible that Kim and Jimmy never have a falling out, and he actually becomes Saul Goodman in order to keep up with (what he believes are) her expectations of him. I mean, expectations in terms of money and ambition. I can see him putting pressure on himself to keep making more money, taking on more clients, etc, and "improving" himself in general, in order to keep her from outgrowing him.

Also, it's probably not how she would want him to do it, but Jimmy seems to really *like* being Saul -- and to at least a certain extent, I think that as long as Jimmy's happy with his life, then Kim's happy with his life. I don't think that the loud suits and scuzzy clientele would bother her on a personal level. She's seen how Jimmy will put on costumes and take on roles before. Also, in a very basic way, Jimmy's professional life isn't Kim's business. Like, it's LITERALLY not her business.

Although -- SOMEBODY is getting paid through Ice Station Zebra Associates, and I wonder if Kim is a silent partner or something!

• Love 3
On 6/19/2017 at 8:21 PM, TVFan17 said:

It seems that the Ignacios of BB and BCS are likely the same.  Michael Mando just kind of hinted at that in his live Facebook chat today, but he had to stop himself because he was getting close to revealing too much about whether or not the writers would make sure we finally learn what Saul was talking about in the desert with Jesse and Walt.  He also reminded us that Lalo has been referenced in BCS and we have to find out more about Lalo at some point.  So maybe whatever it is that Nacho does (that Saul references in BB) is tied in to Lalo?

Who or what is Lalo?

12 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Someone on the /Bettercallsaul subreddit said that Vince Gilligan hinted on one of the BCS podcasts that there's romantic tension between Howard and Kim, so who knows?

That'd be awesome addition to the story.

15 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Someone on the /Bettercallsaul subreddit said that Vince Gilligan hinted on one of the BCS podcasts that there's romantic tension between Howard and Kim, so who knows?

I think I've listened to all the podcasts I don't remember this.  But then again, I have a bad memory. At the same time, something about this sounds familiar so maybe I read it somewhere before.

I know I remember considering the possibility that Kim ends up with Howard and Jimmy taking that as the final insult.  That was way back in Season 1 when Howard represented "that guy" to Jimmy.  Then Jimmy seemed to soften a bit once he learned that it was Chuck preventing his partnership.  But now I think he doesn't have much use for Howard again considering what went down with Kim. But there are obstacles to that route including Howard's marriage and the fact that there's very little interaction between them right now.

I am curious as to how Howard fits in next season.  I would have thought the end of Chuck would have been the end of Howard since Kim doesn't work there any longer.  I was half expecting the show to reveal a connection to Los Pollos Hermanos or Lydia.  And when he mentioned loans, I did think of a connection to the underworld--not that he would know.  But there is the potential that Jimmy will take out Chuck's death on Howard should he find out that Howard was about to kick Chuck out.  Or, as part of his estate, Jimmy somehow buys into the firm (although I think Howard would try to boot him like Chuck) or buys Kim in as a partner.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I am curious as to how Howard fits in next season.  I would have thought the end of Chuck would have been the end of Howard since Kim doesn't work there any longer.  I was half expecting the show to reveal a connection to Los Pollos Hermanos or Lydia.  And when he mentioned loans, I did think of a connection to the underworld--not that he would know.  But there is the potential that Jimmy will take out Chuck's death on Howard should he find out that Howard was about to kick Chuck out.  Or, as part of his estate, Jimmy somehow buys into the firm (although I think Howard would try to boot him like Chuck) or buys Kim in as a partner.

On Talking Saul, Patrick Fabian said a time or two that he is looking forward to seeing how Howard recovers from Chuck's demise, etc.   I couldn't tell if he was hinting to Gould that he HOPES the character returns or if he already KNOWS the character returns and he really is curious.  I, for one, am all about Howard and HHM and hope both stay in the story longer.  

• Love 2

I think the easiest way for Howard to stay in the show is to have Jimmy suspect Chuck's suicide and blame it on Howard and fight him tooth and nail any which way -- for an immediate payout of the remaining partnership share, whatever.  I would hate to see Kim work there, or any romantic tension.  That would be too soap-y.  I wouldn't mind seeing Kim get back on her feet and going up against HHM on a big case. 

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I think I've listened to all the podcasts I don't remember this.  But then again, I have a bad memory. At the same time, something about this sounds familiar so maybe I read it somewhere before.

The Reddit poster didn't indicate which podcast it was from, and I'm not about to listen to nine hours' worth of podcast to try to figure out when it was said if it was said at all. The poster could have misconstrued what was actually said for all we know.

I'm very curious to see what happens with Chuck's will.

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)
On 6/21/2017 at 10:43 AM, Eyes High said:

The Reddit poster didn't indicate which podcast it was from, and I'm not about to listen to nine hours' worth of podcast to try to figure out when it was said if it was said at all. The poster could have misconstrued what was actually said for all we know.

I am pretty certain it hasn't been said this season so it'd be 30-40 hours of podcasts.  Who has the time?  And yet someone might do it.

On 6/21/2017 at 6:24 AM, ShadowFacts said:

I would hate to see Kim work there, or any romantic tension.  That would be too soap-y.  

I am not sure what would be soapy about Kim working there.  I do think something will have to pull her from Jimmy in addition to his shenanigans.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 1

For whatever it is worth, somewhere, way too long ago for me to try and find it now, it was confirmed by Gould that the Ignacio mentioned by Saul in BB is the same Nacho in BCS. It's not that the show wouldn't kill off a fan favorite, but it would probably happen in a manner that is satisfying for viewers; a way that we would recognize it was the right thing for the show. Unlike, in my opinion, Chuck dying in a house fire. Many people have suggested that Chuck go die in a fire, but I don't find it satisfying. Electrocuting himself would have had me applauding.

I've never noticed any sexual tension between Howard and Kim and really hope the show doesn't go that route. The trope of there having to be sexual tension between co-workers needs to go die in a fire. Kim referred the Gatewood case to Schweigert(?), possibly with a referral fee coming her way, and I can see her going to work with that firm if she chooses to go back into the corporate world. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I am not sure what would be soapy about Kim working there.  I do think something will have to pull her from Jimmy in addition to his shenanigans.

Soapy as to the romantic tension part.  I just wouldn't swallow that.  Working there again, not soapy but kind of retread.   I don't know what will split them, because I would have thought a person like her would have already been making for the door, but they are closer than ever.  Maybe it's just the trauma of the car accident that's going to keep her in his orbit for now.

• Love 2

I really never thought there was sexual tension between them, mutual respect, yes. I could see a world where she finds Howard's success and dedication to the firm attractive. I like the addiction angle better. I just really hope we're done with Chuck. I was done with him at the end of last season.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Soobs said:

I really never thought there was sexual tension between them, mutual respect, yes. I could see a world where she finds Howard's success and dedication to the firm attractive. I like the addiction angle better.

I really hope that there's no addiction.  That was my least favorite part of Breaking Bad.  But mainly I just root for Ki and don't want more bad things to happen to her.

• Love 3
On 6/20/2017 at 11:17 AM, Eyes High said:

No, I think it's one or the other for the reasons you have said. She can go back to work for HHM with no romantic entanglement, or she remains on her own but gets involved with Howard, which is also unlikely, I agree.

Yes, the problem is that even if Howard got divorced and subsequently got involved with Kim, there would be rumours about whether he'd been involved with her the whole time, including the time she had worked at HHM. Neither Howard nor Kim seem like the types to invite that sort of scandal.

6 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I really hope that there's no addiction.  That was my least favorite part of Breaking Bad.  But mainly I just root for Ki and don't want more bad things to happen to her.

Howard is married.  And if he is the ethically straight arrow his blue suits and behavior imply, an affair would be out of character.  I like the idea though.  When Gene opens his shoe box in Omaha, there is no visible memorabilia of Kim whatsoever.  And the video he watches in mourning is one of his Better Call Saul tv ads.  Not a drop of Kim anywhere in that Omaha scene. Makes me wonder if she does something that is so upsetting that they cut ties at somepoint.

An affair with Howard might do the trick.   Not so sure about drugs, though.   If Kim dies or remains an addict, it seems Gene would have something in that box that reminds him of Kim.  Plus it would seem odd for Saul to work for drug dealers if the supposed love of his life becomes an addict.

Having said all that, the painkiller addiction storyline would make a great deal of sense.  They certainly set things up for that possibility.

On 6/20/2017 at 9:38 AM, teddysmom said:

Patrick Fabian mentioned that Howard tries to do the right thing. When he went over to talk to Kim & the bank people, he thought he was complimenting her on coming up from doc review to having her own practice,  he doesn't realize how condescending he sounded, he made it sound like she wasn't this big league player, even tho he knows she has a great legal mind and is disciplined and principled. 

That's so interesting to me...not to mention surprising, I thought Howard was well aware of how condescending he sounds.  This makes me wonder what Patrick Fabian meant.  Did he mean he personally played it as though Howard didn't realize how bad he sounded, or that that's how Howard is written?

• Love 1
On 6/20/2017 at 11:37 PM, Jextella said:

Who or what is Lalo?

There was a scene in Breaking Bad

Spoiler

where a masked Walt & Jesse threatened Saul at gunpoint in the desert.  Not knowing who they were, Saul thought someone named "Lalo" sent them, which prompted Saul to say "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio!"

I don't, however, recall Lalo being mentioned on BCS.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

There was a scene in Breaking Bad

Reveal hidden contents

where a masked Walt & Jesse threatened Saul at gunpoint in the desert.  Not knowing who they were, Saul thought someone named "Lalo" sent them, which prompted Saul to say "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio!"

I don't, however, recall Lalo being mentioned on BCS.

In my post -- to which Jextella was responding -- I had been typing, deleting, and retyping portions of sentences and moving words and paragraphs around before I clicked Submit Reply (that's usually what I do before I type more than a couple of sentences -- I edit as I go along, often backspacing and deleting a word here or there, rephrasing, etc.).  So I think I had typed something initially and revised the sentence, accidentally leaving the words "in BCS" in a sentence when I did not intend to -- which is a frequent occurrence in my typing!  lol --  making it seem as though Lalo had been specifically referenced in BCS (although, to be honest, I could not remember if Lalo had ever been mentioned in BCS or not).

Michael Mando simply said in his live Facebook chat that Lalo had been referenced, and the way he brought it up was to kind of subtly hint that we might be learning who Lalo is, and what the Ignacio reference on BB was about.  When he first said it I was not sure if he meant that the 2 things were related -- Lalo and the Ignacio reference on BB -- or that we would learn that they were 2 separate situations on BCS.  I suppose they are related.

So, to answer Jextella's original question -- that's what I suppose we will find out at some point (maybe in Season 4 of BCS??) ... who or what is Lalo?  lol

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

That's so interesting to me...not to mention surprising, I thought Howard was well aware of how condescending he sounds.  This makes me wonder what Patrick Fabian meant.  Did he mean he personally played it as though Howard didn't realize how bad he sounded, or that that's how Howard is written?

From what Patrick said, it sounded like he thought Howard felt saying 'hello' to Kim was the right thing to do since ignoring her when they clearly saw one another would have been gauche.  IMO, I don't think Howard meant to sound condescending.  I just think it bubbled to the otherwise polished surface.

• Love 4
(edited)
17 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

From what Patrick said, it sounded like he thought Howard felt saying 'hello' to Kim was the right thing to do since ignoring her when they clearly saw one another would have been gauche.  IMO, I don't think Howard meant to sound condescending.  I just think it bubbled to the otherwise polished surface.

IMO, Howard comes off as condescending because he is so polished.  Plus there is something in how he speaks that adds to it.  He almost has a lisp but not quite and he speaks at a somewhat rapid pace.   I don't think that's anything he can control....it's how Fabian's mouth is formed.  

I also think there is something very deliberate about Howard.    He seems to know what he wants out of life AND how he wants to navigate the planet as a human being.   He's made conscious choices to be who he is and he lives by those choices.   Few people are so directed in life.   While the rest of us are trying to figure things out, Howard is off to the next round of golf.  He's not very complicated (yet!).  Not dumb or anything....it's just that he's pretty clear about things.  I think this comes off as arrogance but I don't think it's the same.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Jextella said:

IMO, Howard comes off as condescending only because he is so polished.  Plus there is something in how he speaks that adds to it.  He almost has a lisp but not quite.  I don't think that's anything he can control.  It's just how his mouth is formed the controls his speech.  

That uber-polish is one of the reasons his character is fun for me to watch.  It's such a tightly structured performance and writing that it's amusing how little revelations here and there can sort of change how he is perceived even if he doesn't change all that much.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

That uber-polish is one of the reasons his character is fun for me to watch.  It's such a tightly structured performance and writing that it's amusing how little revelations here and there can sort of change how he is perceived even if he doesn't change all that much.

Howard is one of my favorites!  Glad I'm not alone.

• Love 5

That's so interesting to me...not to mention surprising, I thought Howard was well aware of how condescending he sounds.  This makes me wonder what Patrick Fabian meant.  Did he mean he personally played it as though Howard didn't realize how bad he sounded, or that that's how Howard is written?

I got from the podcast, which Vince & Peter were both part of, that the audience was meant to think Howard was an asshole from the get go. Fabian even said, "when the main character calls you Lord Vader in the first episode, you're not going to be a fan favorite." But then we find out Howard was the one that wanted to hire Jimmy, and that maybe he was punishing Kim because Chuck told him to. 

Howard is egotistical, and comes off rather arrogant, but he's probably starting to realize he was loyal to Chuck out of respect, ignoring that Chuck was a real asshole. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Hopefully it won't be Christmas 2018. :)  Spring would be great, but I am expecting fall.  

Oh, I hope that's not true!  My hopes were already dashed that season 4 would be longer than ten episodes, so I'm going to continue holding out hope for season 4 in the spring, like seasons 1-3.  On the soul of dearly departed Chuck, please let this be so.

• Love 1
On 6/27/2017 at 0:59 AM, Irlandesa said:

Howard rings very true to life. Often, TV lawyers don't seem very lawyerly. Howard, on the other hand, is the perfect portrait of a certain kind of senior lawyer: supremely groomed, supremely polished, and supremely controlled. Patrick Fabian has done a great job with the part.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 6/26/2017 at 11:59 PM, Irlandesa said:

2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Howard rings very true to life. Often, TV lawyers don't seem very lawyerly. Howard, on the other hand, is the perfect portrait of a certain kind of senior lawyer: supremely groomed, supremely polished, and supremely controlled. Patrick Fabian has done a great job with the part.

You both captured why I like Howard so much.   Howard is the greatest mystery of all.   Could be we get exactly what we see - HHM blue to the core - OR......it could be something far different and buried so deep under a "tightly structured" facade of HHM blue that we haven't seen it yet.  The character could go either way, but I would sure love it if it goes in the latter direction.  To not take advantage of this "tightly structured performance and writing" - and Patrick Fabian in it - to provide the audience with something deep and and perhaps deeply devious would be a significant and unfortunate lost opportunity. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Jextella said:

You both captured why I like Howard so much.   Howard is the greatest mystery of all.   Could be we get exactly what we see - HHM blue to the core - OR......it could be something far different and buried so deep under a "tightly structured" facade of HHM blue that we haven't seen it yet.  The character could go either way, but I would sure love it if it goes in the latter direction.  To not take advantage of this "tightly structured performance and writing" - and Patrick Fabian in it - to provide the audience with something deep and and perhaps deeply devious would be a significant and unfortunate lost opportunity. 

I believe you mean Hamlindigo Blue (tm). :)  I agree, it would be great to see some secret side of Howard.  It wouldn't necessarily have to be a dark side (though that would be fun).  He could have some secret fetish, work for Fring or Salamanca, or maybe he volunteers at the animal shelter, the children's hospital or the senior citizen center.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Personally, I like Howard the way he is.  Most TV characters need to be shown to have some sort of personality quirk in order to be interesting.  Howard is the exception that proves the rule.  He's not a robo-lawyer.  He has normal human reactions, such as when he opened the letter from Chuck about his impending lawsuit against HHM, or when he told Kim that it was Chuck who froze out Jimmy in the Sandpiper case.  What makes Howard interesting to me is that he found himself in the middle of a battle between two toxic, malevolent people, and he found a way to defeat one of them (Chuck) without stooping to his level. If he can manage to defeat the other one (Jimmy, just to be clear) in a similar fashion, I will be quite pleased.  

Edited by PeterPirate
  • Love 3
(edited)

AMC started Sunday marathons of BB this past weekend, and aired the first 12-13 episodes, all of S1 and about half of S2.   Since it was a while since I saw them, I DVRed them and have finished S1.   I didn't remember much about Crazy 8 except for

Spoiler

his very distinctive death

in S1E2, so I was very surprised to see that he was a DEA snitch.  In fact, Hank mentions that the way he moved up the drug hierarchy was to snitch on his compatriots.  So of course I am now speculating on what that might mean for Nacho in BCS.

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 5
On 7/18/2017 at 10:06 PM, Quilt Fairy said:

AMC started Sunday marathons of BB this past weekend, and aired the first 12-13 episodes, all of S1 and about half of S2.   Since it was a while since I saw them, I DVRed them and have finished S1.   I didn't remember much about Crazy 8 except for

Reveal hidden contents

in S1E2, so I was very surprised to see that he was a DEA snitch.  In fact, Hank mentions that the way he moved up the drug hierarchy was to snitch on his compatriots.  So of course I am now speculating on what that might mean for Nacho in BCS.

Wow, that totally makes sense!  If that happens I bet a lot of BB watchers will look at Crazy 8 at lot differently. 

On 7/19/2017 at 1:06 AM, Quilt Fairy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hank said that Crazy-8 would turn in low level drug dealers to Hank and then snake their customers.  I don't think Nacho would fit that description as he is his superior in the Salamanca organization.  That said, maybe Nacho who he first snitched on when Hank turned him into a snitch.

8 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Hank said that Crazy-8 would turn in low level drug dealers to Hank and then snake their customers.  I don't think Nacho would fit that description as he is his superior in the Salamanca organization.  That said, maybe Nacho who he first snitched on when Hank turned him into a snitch.

The Crazy 8 we see in BB is definitely not the (apparently) meek guy we have seen so far in BCS.  And it would appear that he does move up in the hierarchy from one show to the next.  I just found it an interesting bit of backstory that Gilligan and Gould could easily work into the current series.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

The Crazy 8 we see in BB is definitely not the (apparently) meek guy we have seen so far in BCS.  And it would appear that he does move up in the hierarchy from one show to the next.  I just found it an interesting bit of backstory that Gilligan and Gould could easily work into the current series.

The double life Krazy-8 lives as a tough guy drug dealer and snitch for Hank  would seem like an interesting story line.  I'd love to see Hank on BCS, but I'm not sure Dean Norris would be available while doing "Claws".  Mabye Gomie can work Krazy-8 as his snitch on BCS.  

7 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

The double life Krazy-8 lives as a tough guy drug dealer and snitch for Hank  would seem like an interesting story line.  I'd love to see Hank on BCS, but I'm not sure Dean Norris would be available while doing "Claws".  Mabye Gomie can work Krazy-8 as his snitch on BCS.  

Hasn't Norris said he didn't want to do a cameo? Maybe it was due to his schedule? Maybe the actor who plays Gomie is available. 

PS: Saw the new Spiderman and in one of the credits scene is Nacho (Mando)!

• Love 1
(edited)

Dean Norris has a different response in various interviews.  In some he says BB was its own experience and he's not a fan of changing that with a cameo.  In others, he says his Under the Dome higher-ups wouldn't let him.  I sense he'd prefer not doing it but isn't fully opposed to it.   Maybe they bring Gomie back as the primary DEA person - which I'd love (I always liked Gomie and his death was as troubling for me as Hank's). 

Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston have both acknowledged what BB has done for their careers and they are both in - if for no other reason than as a way of saying thank you. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:54 AM, Jextella said:

Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston have both acknowledged what BB has done for their careers and they are both in - if for no other reason than as a way of saying thank you. 

Except we know that neither Walt nor Jesse met Saul before BB, so there's no rational explanation for a cameo.  On the other hand, Hank or Gomie dealing with Crazy 8 would make sense.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Except we know that neither Walt nor Jesse met Saul before BB, so there's no rational explanation for a cameo.  On the other hand, Hank or Gomie dealing with Crazy 8 would make sense.

Good point about the timing.  Could be Walt and/or Jesse make appearances - just not with Saul in them???  

• Love 2
On 7/26/2017 at 1:14 AM, Quilt Fairy said:

Walt or Jesse would not necessarily have to interact with Saul, especially if were just a cameo.  Jesse knew Krazy-8 before BB, so he could interact with him or other cartel members.  Walt would probably be harder to work into an actual plot.  But, just about any character could run into him a the car wash.   Characters could meet in passing, without remembering each other years later.  

I'd love to see Jimmy/Saul represent Marie on shoplifting charge.  Another cameo I would like to see would be Jesse playing the drums for Twaughthammer in some bar that Jimmy and others go to. 

And I still want to see Mrs Ortega (Combo's Mom) take the Bounder to Walt's mechanic and ask to have the annoying buzzer, that goes off whenever she puts the keys in the ignition, disconnected. :)

7 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Characters could meet in passing, without remembering each other years later.

Yeah, they all live in Albuquerque, so they could theoretically pass each other in the street, at the mall, etc.  But I personally don't need a cameo that would be basically just for the fans and that wouldn't integrate with the plot.  I'm willing to let BCS be itself  rather than BB's little brother.  This is just a pet peeve of mine that some authors or showrunners let the fans start to guide where the story arc goes whether or not it was part of the author's original vision or whether it feels organic.  

As a BB aside, I'm pretty sure Marie never went as far as a court appearance for her shoplifting.  If what we saw on BB held true, Hank probably asked the local PD to release her to his custody.  Even her seeing a therapist about it could have been Hank trying to deal with it rather than something appointed by a judge.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Yeah, they all live in Albuquerque, so they could theoretically pass each other in the street, at the mall, etc.  But I personally don't need a cameo that would be basically just for the fans and that wouldn't integrate with the plot.  I'm willing to let BCS be itself  rather than BB's little brother.  This is just a pet peeve of mine that some authors or showrunners let the fans start to guide where the story arc goes whether or not it was part of the author's original vision or whether it feels organic.  

As a BB aside, I'm pretty sure Marie never went as far as a court appearance for her shoplifting.  If what we saw on BB held true, Hank probably asked the local PD to release her to his custody.  Even her seeing a therapist about it could have been Hank trying to deal with it rather than something appointed by a judge.

Agreed about cameos as a sentimental gesture for the fans.  Vince G always talks about being true to the story even though the writers often wish it could go elsewhere.   I think they'd be amenable to cameos but only if they made sense.  I think the actors feel the same.   From what I've read, it seems mo one wants to mess with the integrity of either show. 

I recently read that if Vince had a wish for yet another spin-off, he'd love it to be about Kim Wexler.  He said Rhea Seehorn has tremendous range as an actress.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I don't have a problem with cameos, just for fun.  They could have used anyone on BCS for the roles played by Ken Wins and Huell, but they used BB characters, mainly for fun.  

As for Marie, her therapist was court appointed, so clearly she went to court at some point.  I'm not sure if it was mentioned in the show (though I think Hank might have made some reference to it), but in the minisode, "Marie's Confession", she say that Dave was court appointed.  Even if she had never been in court, I could see Saul talking to the DA to get the charges dropped, perhaps creating some wild "Squat Cobbler" like explanation. :)

I was doing a search on BCS to see if a Season 4 premier date had been announced (it hasn't ) and I found an interesting article in, I think, Variety.  It said that Vince and Peter have always know that BCS can't go on forever because it has a hard end point, i.e., the start of BB.  But it mentioned that they've also become more interested in the potential of a series covering Saul post-BB, as shown in the black & white intros that feature Cinnabon Gene.

I don't know if this has come up anywhere else, but it's the first time I've seen it.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I was doing a search on BCS to see if a Season 4 premier date had been announced (it hasn't ) and I found an interesting article in, I think, Variety.  It said that Vince and Peter have always know that BCS can't go on forever because it has a hard end point, i.e., the start of BB.  But it mentioned that they've also become more interested in the potential of a series covering Saul post-BB, as shown in the black & white intros that feature Cinnabon Gene.

I don't know if this has come up anywhere else, but it's the first time I've seen it.

Thanks for sharing Quilt Fairy.  The only things I've heard is that BCS will be back in the fall rather than the spring - which stinks.  At least it's coming back, though.

For spin-offs, I've read that the writers like a Cinnabon Gene concept but I've also read that they think Kim could be the focus of something. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Jextella said:

For spin-offs, I've read that the writers like a Cinnabon Gene concept but I've also read that they think Kim could be the focus of something. 

I hope they don't go the Cinnabon Gene route, IMO that will be Jimmy/Saul/Gene overload.  

Better Call Saul is coming back in the summer, according to what I heard today, during the commercial breaks in the Breaking Bad marathon! 

Now, of course, "summer" could mean a few things (late June?  July?  August?), but I'm sure the next BCS season will have premiered and probably ended by the time The Walking Dead begins its next season in October.

There has been at least one time when AMC began a Fear the Walking Dead season in August, so I am thinking that we will see BCS in either June or August.  That's my guess.

• Love 5

So I watched the last two episodes from season 3, and I have a very strong inkling as to what is the catylyst for the permanent death of Jimmy  and the rebirth as Saul.

Jimmy will be grief stricken and guilt ridden about Chuck's awful suicide, which was Chuck's intent, of course, as he remains a hideously angry control freak from the grave, or the ashes urn. That won't be the final impetus, however, and I've long suspected that a dissolution of his relationship with  Kim would be it.

I still think this, but now I think I know how it will happen. Who knows how Howard/HHM is required to settle up with Chuck's estate, and what life insurance was in place; maybe the policy voided as soon as Howard started the buyout process, if Chuck deposited the check after his final appearance at HHM offices. In any case, HHM/Howard could easily be in a liquidity crisis, and need revenues fast.

Kim could easily be in a labor crisis, and need help with her Mesa Verde client fast, especially in her physical condition. Howard and the HHM partners become aware of this, and offer to make her a full partner at HHM, with nice provisions for bonuses for bringing in new clients, which she has a demonstrated skill for. Kim sees it as an offer she can't refuse, and she takes it. Jimmy, already filled with grief, guilt, and anger,  sees this as the final betrayal, completely dies, and Saul is fully born. If they really want to send Jimmy to hell, they could have Kim start an intimate relationship with Howard, although I don't know how writers even as skilled as BCS's could credibly portray that.

Anyways, that's my guess..

• Love 4

Great to see the Howard love.  In a recent interview, Howard joked about being the moral centre of the show but as it stands he's not too far off.  I love seeing him under pressure though.  At some point, I can't wait to see him take on Saul in court (I know he was cross-examined as a witness in "Chicanery" but that's not nearly the same).

I love this.  I'm not optimistic that it's going to happen and in some respects I hope her BCS arc is definitive enough not to warrant one but it's an awesome idea.  Kim is an amazing character and it would be possible to skip to the present day (which, by the time they finish BCS and get a new show off the ground, would be nearly 20 years on from the BCS timeline) and have incredible scope to tell a story with her.  I've always loved the idea of a series called "ABQ" about the characters in this little pocket world they've created in BCS and BB.  The only thing is, these shows are about change so she'd need an arc.   I'd love to see a proper redemption arc in one of these shows.  I don't know where Kim's going in BCS but my fear is that it's nowhere good so there has to be a good chance that she'll need to dig herself out of whatever hole she's in after getting sucked into the nexus of Saul.  Perhaps a spin-off could find her out of prison and, since she can't practice law, working as a PI or something.  In this post-BB world, it's possible we could see Skyler and Marie as well as BCS characters like Howard and Nacho.  And, of course, Huell.

• Love 2