Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation Without Spoilers

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Starchild said:

Show's not over yet, and there might be some other felony still to be committed in relation to Howard's death.

We know she didn’t kill him, full stop.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

We know she didn’t kill him, full stop.

She's still an accessory-after-the fact in the murder of Fred From Travel Wire, as well as a co-conspirator in Lalo's escape from custody.  Let's not forget that she visited Lalo while he was in lockup to get information from him about how to assist Saul in the delivery of the bail money.  

• Love 1
On 6/24/2022 at 10:23 PM, scenario said:

She gave her business card to the hooker that Jimmy threw out of Howard's car. I wonder if that will come back to bite her. 

do think this will be involved with any legal undoing of Kim.

So many ways this can play out. 

I really hope we have not predicted what will happen.

I'm sure my guesses will be wrong, but there are some really smart people on this forum who may well have made accurate predictions.

• Love 1
(edited)

Can’t find it. Has Saul saying something about ‘that’s all you get don’t come back for more.’ Not exact quote. Still shot of his ear mounted cell phone thingy.

just dawned on me that he uses the thing like Ken Wins. 

Edited by Lalo Lives
Spelling

"I am not your friend. And if you get greedy and decide to come back for more....Don't."

SAUL'S voice with still image of his Bluetooth in foreground.

Tried to share vid but I'm archaic.

Vid is IN COLOR

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Lalo Lives said:

Saul should definitely know not to pay anybody off for their silence. 

Except that's exactly what it sounds like he's doing with "don't come back for more."

Any idea what the July 9 at 210 am thing is?

times are in Eastern Time
Date
Channel
Episode
Sat, 7/9
2:10 AM
AMC

New
Mon, 7/11
9 PM
AMC
S06E08
New
Mon, 7/18
9 PM
AMC
S06E09
New
Sun, 7/10
9:45 AM
IFC
S06E01
Sun, 7/10
11 AM
IFC
S06E02

(edited)
3 hours ago, Lalo Lives said:

Any idea what the July 9 at 210 am thing is?

AMC has been running these little "Tales from the Set" interviews with some of the cast that air late at night.  They're super short and usually about a specific scene.   My DVR picked up one with Patrick Fabian and Bob talking about what it was like to film their boxing match. It was a 10 minute recording, of which about 7 minutes were commercials and 3 minutes was the interview.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

AMC has been running these little "Tales from the Set" interviews with some of the cast that air late at night.  They're super short and usually about a specific scene.   My DVR picked up one with Patrick Fabian and Bob talking about what it was like to film their boxing match. It was a 10 minute recording, of which about 7 minutes were commercials and 3 minutes was the interview.

Thank you.

Gotta love that 7:3 ratio.

If I were king all advertising execs would go to Belize.

• Applause 1

I don't know if this counts as speculation, but I had a dream last night that Kim and Jimmy were running another scam, something having to do with "losing" a man's ring in the desert and evading the cops at the last second. Later, Jimmy does...something (minor compared to what they've done in the past) at work that gets Kim's hackles up. She reports him to the dean at the college where Jimmy teaches (???) accusing him of professional misconduct. The dean shrugs it off, saying his role at the school is minor and everyone likes him because he's so funny. Dream monagatuna was thinking "THAT'S IT? THAT'S what gets Kim and Jimmy to end things? That's so anticlimactic?"

Dreams are weird.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

You heard it here first:

scene 1-Jesse is defended by Kim because he fired up a fattie, in the hospital, for his Aunt Ginny while she was recovering from chemo.

scene 2-Walt is defended by Saul for public masturbation, in a Starbucks, while looking at a photo of (principal) Carmen in the high school yearbook.

I can’t tell you about scene 3 because I signed an NDA.

But it involves a tarantula, a box of Raisin Bran Crunch, a bottle of club soda, and a Queen Elizabeth  collar usually found on dogs after abdominal surgery. Oh, and a plunger.

—————————-

Speaking of club soda, I can just see Abuelita sprinting into Jimmy and Kim’s apartment saying “club soda! club soda!” for the Howard ‘salsa’ stain.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Lalo Lives said:

You heard it here first:

scene 1-Jesse is defended by Kim because he fired up a fattie, in the hospital, for his Aunt Ginny while she was recovering from chemo.

scene 2-Walt is defended by Saul for public masturbation, in a Starbucks, while looking at a photo of (principal) Carmen in the high school yearbook.

I can’t tell you about scene 3 because I signed an NDA.

But it involves a tarantula, a box of Raisin Bran Crunch, a bottle of club soda, and a Queen Elizabeth  collar usually found on dogs after abdominal surgery. Oh, and a plunger.

—————————-

Speaking of club soda, I can just see Abuelita sprinting into Jimmy and Kim’s apartment saying “club soda! club soda!” for the Howard ‘salsa’ stain.

I'd rather see Jesse in the Gene years. I don't mind a guy in his seventies playing a guy in his 50's but a 42 year old guy playing a 16 year old high school student feels wrong. If Jesse is in a classroom scene will all the other students be 40 as well to balance things off? As MST3k once said, "Another 45 year old freshman." 

You can't have Walt in the Gene years for obvious reasons unless its a flashback. I wonder if they have to have Walter and Jess in the same episode. 

• Love 3

This speculation video 10 theories.  The one starting at the 3-minute mark--Kim is Saul's silent partner--makes sense to me.  Based on what we know from the leaked info about the next episode, I think it's a lock Kim will meet Gus the following episode.  Maybe episodes 10 and 11 will show Kim running Ice Station Zebra Associates into the BB timeline, but also working with Gus without Saul's knowledge.  

• Love 1
(edited)

The only thing that gives me pause about the Kim-behind-the-scenes theory is that it seems unlikely that they would not have been disappeared as a couple. They're married and I would expect them to insist to the vacuum guy that they disappear together.

Then again, unlikely does not mean impossible, so these clever writers could certainly come up with a plausible reason for them to disappear separately, possibly hoping to reunite later.

Edited by Starchild
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Starchild said:

The only thing that gives me pause about the Kim-behind-the-scenes theory is that it seems unlikely that they would not have been disappeared as a couple. They're married and I would expect them to insist to the vacuum guy that they disappear together.

Then again, unlikely does not mean impossible, so these clever writers could certainly come up with a plausible reason for them to disappear separately, possibly hoping to reunite later.

Yeah.  There is also the phone call Francesca is supposed to answer on Jimmy's birthday.  That indicates Kim was already out of his life when he went to the Disappearer. 

Still, one way or another they are going to have to explain where Ice Station Zebra Associates came from.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Wasn't that originally Jimmy's fake organization? He could have just formalized it for money-laundering purposes, no need for Kim to be involved. Though I would find it hard to believe, after seeing the stack in Skyler's storage unit, that one person (Saul) could manage the money-laundering activities as well as the lawyering. 

If Kim gets disbarred because of her involvement in what happened to Howard, I guess I could see her taking on that aspect of Saul's finances and keeping a low profile during BB.

Edited by Starchild
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/10/2022 at 4:08 PM, PeterPirate said:

Maybe episodes 10 and 11 will show Kim running Ice Station Zebra Associates into the BB timeline, but also working with Gus without Saul's knowledge.  

I forgot about the casting of Carol Burnett, who I think will play Howard's mother and will lead the charge to investigate Howard's disappearance.  Plus the focus on the blood on the candle.  That's going to slow things down considerably.  

(I put this post here because I'm not sure it would have been kosher to discuss Burnett in the thread for episode 8.)

Edited by PeterPirate
  • Useful 1

So happy to see it confirmed 

4 hours ago, PeterPirate said:

I forgot about the casting of Carol Burnett, who I think will play Howard's mother and will lead the charge to investigate Howard's disappearance.  Plus the focus on the blood on the candle.  That's going to slow things down considerably.  

(I put this post here because I'm not sure it would have been kosher to discuss Burnett in the thread for episode 8.)

So happy to see it confirmed that Howard's staged suicide isn't going to be handwaved away. I did'n't think.these writers were going to be that lazy.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bannon said:

So happy to see it confirmed 

So happy to see it confirmed that Howard's staged suicide isn't going to be handwaved away. I did'n't think.these writers were going to be that lazy.

Apologies if I missed something but has it been confirmed that she is playing Howard’s mother or is this speculation?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Ellaria Sand said:

Apologies if I missed something but has it been confirmed that she is playing Howard’s mother or is this speculation?

I just assumed confirmed, but maybe that's speculation, too. It would be a logical role for Carol Burnett, at this point in the story, of course.

35 minutes ago, Ellaria Sand said:

Technically, that is just speculation on my part.  

But as we all know, the great Peter Pirate is never wrong. 😝

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Should we be worried about Lyle?

We don't see him in Breaking Bad and so far that's not a good sign. Nor, unless something went horribly amiss, would Gus likely dismiss Lyle given Gus's exacting standards.

Or will Lyle be the Huel of Better Call Saul and we never learn his fate? Perhaps last night's episode is the last we ever see of him.

• Love 1

Lyle is prominent in the episode where cartel members go to Los Pollos and cause trouble and ultimately set it on fire. I'm really bad with episode names, but I was impressed with Lyle then and was tickled to see him again.

• Love 1

So in 5 eps we’ve got to have Jesse, Walt, Jesse AND Walt, Marion, Gene, Jimmy, Kim, Howard’s wife…who am I missing? All with fairly significant screen time. Obviously, geez, Saul too. And maybe more Gus and Mike. Maybe Tuco, Dr. Caldera, Cliff, Wendy has to factor in. Hector, the twins?

(please no more Kaylee and the DIL of Mike—for me the 2 weakest characters/sections of the BB/BCS universe. Fran pouring a cup of coffee has more meaning, nuance, and depth of feeling than anything in that KAY-DIL cringe fest.)

Jimmy, Kim, Gene, and Saul, all should get the majority of the attention.

Gonna be a snugly packed quintet.

wow that sounds perverted

• Love 3