Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation Without Spoilers

• Start Topic

(edited)
25 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Maybe she wasn’t mentioned simply because they hadn’t even yet conceived of her character all those years ago. For me, it doesn’t need to be any more complicated than that.

True. Saul's private life was never examined in BB, giving the writers a lot of freedom for BCS.

Edited by Gobi
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Maybe she wasn’t mentioned simply because they hadn’t even yet conceived of her character all those years ago. For me, it doesn’t need to be any more complicated than that.

Unless there's a scene breaking the 4th wall where Saul says that, it does need to be more complicated than that. Kim is one of the lead characters in Breaking Bad universe. It's not as if she and Jimmy lost touch after she stopped working for HHM. If we compare Kim and Jimmy to Walt and Jesse, the only question is which one of them is is Walt and which one is Jesse.

We now know why Howard didn't appear in Breaking Bad and why he wasn't even mentioned.

We have a good idea of why Saul was terrified of Lalo in Breaking Bad. I expect we'll find out Lalo's fate in the next 6 episodes and what Saul knows about it.

Kim just can't disappear from the Breaking Bad universe without an explanation to viewers. That would violate the dramatic principle of Chekhov's Wexler.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

But she's not disappearing from the BB universe if she's not mentioned. She's simply not mentioned, because BB doesn't revolve around Saul. We don't expect to learn a lot about a show's minor characters (as Saul was), only what's relevant to the current story and characters.

Wherever Kim is during the events of BB, whether that's dead, in prison, in a mental institution, in Mexico, in Germany, in a vacuum-inspired alternate life, Jimmy's wife behind the scenes, or a divorced alcoholic, Albuquerque pro bono lawyer, I'm confident we'll be satisfied with the explanation we get in BCS.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

When did Gilligan put BCS into action?  

I believe they started thinking about it with a season or 2 to go but didn't started developing it until after Breaking Bad was over.  And what it ended up being was a lot different than what they originally envisioned.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I believe they started thinking about it with a season or 2 to go but didn't started developing it until after Breaking Bad was over.  And what it ended up being was a lot different than what they originally envisioned.

Their original idea was going to be a half-hour comedy, actually, before they decided it was more interesting to stay in the dramatic genre (with some comic overtones) and tie it more directly to Breaking Bad with the cartel element.  It was supposed to be more of a Saul prequel, but ended up being a Breaking Bad prequel, for the most part.

• Love 1

Thinking about random characters, it occurs to me that we'll probably need some kind of finality with the film students.  They've been around since almost the very beginning of the series, and I doubt their involvement in the Howard scam will be their very last appearance.

After Howard's death, I'm now worried for the fate of just about any tertiary character.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, OutOfTheQuestion said:

Their original idea was going to be a half-hour comedy, actually, before they decided it was more interesting to stay in the dramatic genre (with some comic overtones) and tie it more directly to Breaking Bad with the cartel element.  It was supposed to be more of a Saul prequel, but ended up being a Breaking Bad prequel, for the most part.

I also remember reading somewhere that the original plan after they got to this version of the show was Jimmy breaking bad much much earlier, like maybe after the Chuck "chimp with a machine gun" reveal and Jimmy blowing off the David & Main offer in the season one ender. But then in looking at it they realized how much further down they still really wanted to go and of course AMC was amenable to the show becoming Breaking Bad lite and began the buildup to bringing back Gus and the cartel.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, OutOfTheQuestion said:

Thinking about random characters, it occurs to me that we'll probably need some kind of finality with the film students.  They've been around since almost the very beginning of the series, and I doubt their involvement in the Howard scam will be their very last appearance.

After Howard's death, I'm now worried for the fate of just about any tertiary character.

I had the same thought but they may stick around as they do fulfil a function: Saul was doing his crazy videos at least as late as S3 of "Breaking Bad" (profiting off the air disaster).  

Theoretically, what have they done that's illegal?  They trespassed on school property to get the flag shot and they answered calls from Ericsson and lied although they weren't under oath.  Even when they're manufacturing evidence, they don't know it's evidence and even if they did, surely it's only evidence at the point it gets used and I'm not sure any of their videos have seen a court-room -- they're designed to influence people like Howard and Kevin before court.  Unless they get in the way of the cartel, and I see no reason why they would, I think they're as likely to survive as anyone.

That said, I do think at some point there will likely be what I can only describe as a "death montage" to wrap up a number of characters.

Gus, Mike, Hector, Victor, Tyrus, Bolsa, Krazy-8, Leonel & Marco, Lydia, Tuco, Gale, Gomez plus Walt if he appears all have been introduced into the BCS storyline and will end up dead.  I always thought we'd get a Howard montage with him trying to assemble the case against Saul and seeing all these deaths piling up.

I do think there will be the death of a character or characters who are, to Jimmy, inconsequential but which happen directly as a result of his say-so.  Not only does that set up death as a go-to solution for his character in BB but it also bookends the way he rescued the twins in 102.  My guess is that this will be a character or characters we've already met but who don't mean an awful lot to Saul or Kim.  

My guess would be either the skater twins from 102 or the "nitwits" as Vince Gilligan called them from 502.  They wanted to fold the skaters back into the Howard plot but it didn't go in that direction and the nitwits are probably still serving time.

Outside chance of course he goes after people in the legal community, especially if they're close to connecting him to Lalo.  But Jimmy's default is to scam his way out rather than kill.  I guess if Cliff Main had a large amount of evidence at his offices, I could see them burning it to the ground and that could lead to the death of characters like Cliff, Erin and perhaps even Omar, which would be a bigger blow to Jimmy.

There are also Pryce and Mrs Nygen but I tend to think they'll be involved in Saul's world during the BB as the laser tag and nail salon business owners Saul wants Walt and Jesse to invest in.

Just as long as Ernesto survives...

6 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

I also remember reading somewhere that the original plan after they got to this version of the show was Jimmy breaking bad much much earlier, like maybe after the Chuck "chimp with a machine gun" reveal and Jimmy blowing off the David & Main offer in the season one ender. But then in looking at it they realized how much further down they still really wanted to go and of course AMC was amenable to the show becoming Breaking Bad lite and began the buildup to bringing back Gus and the cartel.

I think they talked about how Saul might well have his office by the end of S1 and it was during the breaking of S1 that they realised it wouldn't be that fast.  If you look at how Jimmy is drawn into the cartel world in S5, you can see how this could have really followed at any time after 103.

Also, one of their original concepts for Chuck was as a Mycroft Holmes to Jimmy's Sherlock Holmes -- the even smarter brother who was cut from the same cloth.  Although they kept Chuck's intelligence, it seems Kim has essentially grown into the Mycroft role.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 5/30/2022 at 8:35 PM, PeterPirate said:

In this video Courtney asks an attorney about the possibility that Saul will receive the $7 million he posted for Lalo.  

I saw that, but I'm dubious for two reasons.

In 2007 or 2008, the New Mexico Supreme Court ruled that New Mexico's law code only permitted bail to be revoked if the defendant failed to appear. That's great for Jimmy, but it's not 2007/8 yet. And the court ruling suggests that courts revoked bail for other reasons. Given that, I doubt the DA would just rollover. At the very least they'd keep it tied up in court.

The other issue being civil asset forfeiture laws. Next Mexico didn't abolish that until 2015ish, and I don't think the feds ever have. They'd just seize the money on the grounds it was drug proceeds and Jimmy would have to prove otherwise in court. Good luck with that.

• Love 1

Here's another pretty good review video.    

He discusses the reason for the tension between Mike and Tyrus and also the possibility that Kim and Mike will be working together into the BB timeline. 

• Useful 1

Since we are speculating…

In “Magic Man,” we see that Gene has a small box containing diamonds. Where did these diamonds come from? And what will Gene use them for?

• Love 1
On 6/5/2022 at 12:47 PM, PeterPirate said:

Here's another pretty good review video.    

He discusses the reason for the tension between Mike and Tyrus and also the possibility that Kim and Mike will be working together into the BB timeline. 

He also talks about Kim and Gus working together, but doesn't explain why Kim didn't pop her head up in Season 5 of Breaking Bad after Gus was killed, in contrast to other people in Gus's network who first appeared after his death such as Lydia Quayle or Schuler.

I know Kim wasn't envisioned by the writers when Breaking Bad was written, but they will need to explain in Better Call Saul why she didn't appear in BB, and it should be plausible. Chuck, Howard, Lalo and Nacho only appear in BCS; we've found out what happened to 3 of them and have a good idea of Lalo's ultimate fate. It would be odd if we don't find out about Kim.

If it turns out Kim was working with Mike or Gus or both during BB, it will require a really, really, really good explanation why she never appeared or was even mentioned.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Constantinople said:

He also talks about Kim and Gus working together, but doesn't explain why Kim didn't pop her head up in Season 5 of Breaking Bad after Gus was killed, in contrast to other people in Gus's network who first appeared after his death such as Lydia Quayle or Schuler.

I know Kim wasn't envisioned by the writers when Breaking Bad was written, but they will need to explain in Better Call Saul why she didn't appear in BB, and it should be plausible. Chuck, Howard, Lalo and Nacho only appear in BCS; we've found out what happened to 3 of them and have a good idea of Lalo's ultimate fate. It would be odd if we don't find out about Kim.

If it turns out Kim was working with Mike or Gus or both during BB, it will require a really, really, really good explanation why she never appeared or was even mentioned.

Yeah.  I can see how Jimmy never learns about Mike and Kim knowing each other.  But inserting Kim into the BB timeline will create a Gordian Knot of tangled story elements.  The biggest problem is what Kim will do when Saul has to disappear.  And before that, when Mike dies.   Will they have Kim meet Gus?  Or Walt?

Still, from the released trailer we know the condo is kept intact until the end and there is a "happy ending".  So who knows.  There are only 6 episodes left.  Maybe they will create an encore season focusing on what Kim does.  They should call it Mission Kimpossible.  

Only five more weeks of this stuff to go, folks.  

• Wink 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

A couple things:

Have we seen Taco Cabeza on-screen?

Mentioned in both shows, near Saul's office, Jesse says nobody gets shot there.

What are the chances somebody important meets his or her end there?

Also, the whole Gus hiding the revolver in the excavator thing just seems off.

If we have seen anything in either show, schemes, plans, and shenanigans never go as intended.

It would be too neat, too convenient, and just not up to the G&G standards if Lalo bursts through the 40 tons of dirt (plus the concrete pad) to do AFV on Gus, only to have Gus douse the lights and take the perfect number of steps and then blast Lalo.

If Lalo meets his end there, it needs to be a way that we cannot predict, and certainly not in a fashion that has been telegraphed to us.

And why would Gus do that in the first place? It is his property. He can walk around under there with all kinds of weaponry draped over him should Lalo take a visit.

Does he anticipate Lalo doing a TSA pat down on him in Gus' own secret evil lair?

Edited by Lalo Lives
Grammar
3 hours ago, Lalo Lives said:

A couple things:

Have we seen Taco Cabeza on-screen?

Mentioned in both shows, near Saul's office, Jesse says nobody gets shot there.

What are the chances somebody important meets his or her end there?

Also, the whole Gus hiding the revolver in the excavator thing just seems off.

If we have seen anything in either show, schemes, plans, and shenanigans never go as intended.

It would be too neat, too convenient, and just not up to the G&G standards if Lalo bursts through the 40 tons of dirt (plus the concrete pad) to do AFV on Gus, only to have Gus douse the lights and take the perfect number of steps and then blast Lalo.

If Lalo meets his end there, it needs to be a way that we cannot predict, and certainly not in a fashion that has been telegraphed to us.

And why would Gus do that in the first place? It is his property. He can walk around under there with all kinds of weaponry draped over him should Lalo take a visit.

Does he anticipate Lalo doing a TSA pat down on him in Gus' own secret evil lair?

My guess is that he took multiple precautions and this was the only one they showed. The last ditch option if everything else goes totally wrong. 

4 hours ago, scenario said:

My guess is that he took multiple precautions and this was the only one they showed. The last ditch option if everything else goes totally wrong. 

That seems totally logical which is why I didn't think of it.

-----

I could see Gus actually inviting Lalo to look at the unfinished hole in the ground to allay Lalo's suspicions....only to then ventilate him.

Lalo would have to be an idiot to accept....but this would fall into Gus' modus operandi like he did in showing Lalo the chiller.

I can see Gus talking about how building the freezers underground will save 3.7% in utility costs and during the power outage of 5 years ago the food would have remained cold for 12% longer which would have resulted in a savings of... as he slowly maneuvered Lalo into position.

Okay a poll

Who kills Lalo?

1) Mike

2) Gus

3) Kim

4) Someone else

5) Lalo doesn't die. 

Who kills Lalo? By scenario. (Sorry, my copy and paste feature just took a vacation.)

I would add: HOW does Lalo die; if he does?

Because we are beholden to the idea that Saul does not know of Lalo’s demise should it have occurred by the time W&J take him out in he desert in BB.

If Lalo gets smoked, it will be in some spectacular, creepy, or disgusting way. He can’t have a 1981 Dodge Aries smash his head as he crawls out of a man-hole.

I keep thinking Lalo will live (duh) as Lalo will be keeping Jimmy and/or Kim in line with the threat of violence against the other.

OR, maybe Peter Pirate is correct and Kim goes full Lady Macbeth and joins the cartel for the rush it would give her.

Consider me clueless.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Lalo Lives said:

Who kills Lalo? By scenario. (Sorry, my copy and paste feature just took a vacation.)

I would add: HOW does Lalo die; if he does?

Because we are beholden to the idea that Saul does not know of Lalo’s demise should it have occurred by the time W&J take him out in he desert in BB.

If Lalo gets smoked, it will be in some spectacular, creepy, or disgusting way. He can’t have a 1981 Dodge Aries smash his head as he crawls out of a man-hole.

I keep thinking Lalo will live (duh) as Lalo will be keeping Jimmy and/or Kim in line with the threat of violence against the other.

OR, maybe Peter Pirate is correct and Kim goes full Lady Macbeth and joins the cartel for the rush it would give her.

Consider me clueless.

It could be something out of the blue. Like Lalo is gloating over his victory and get's hit by a car.

I have to think that they spent too much time setting up Gus's precautions for something like that to happen. I could see something like Gus tries to kill Lalo and misses because Lalo is super Lalo. But then Kim, who is there for who know what reason finds the gun and kills Lalo from behind. 

Gus then rewards Kim by either giving her a job with him in crime or he kills her. 

I still have Gus killing Lalo in the superlab.  Yes, that's what they've telegraphed and maybe that was misdirection, but I think it will be part of Gus' character arc if he both outthinks and outguns Lalo.  

Not sure what happens to Kim.  A true "Lady Macbeth" outcome for her would be to go crazy and end up at a Sandpiper residence for the mentally disturbed.  

Although I agree Gus's plan is to kill Lalo in the superlab, I don't necessarily see that going how he expects.  In theory it should be Mike in terms of cementing the Gus/Mike bond but the show usually zigs where you expect it to zag.  I quite like the idea of it being Jimmy himself.  He's talked about being glad the guy's dead, he's horrified and traumatised that he's alive and he's watched Howard being killed in cold blood.  Although he doesn't trust Saul, Lalo would genuinely never expect it from him and so I could see him being caught offguard (shades almost of the "YOU kill me?!" finale to 'Angel').  If they end up in the superlab and the gun gets dropped, I can imagine Jimmy retrieving it quietly and shooting - perhaps with Mike's nod.  Having killed someone, even someone as awful and deserving as Lalo, it would be a significant mile marker towards his death-happy outlook in BB.

• Love 1

Better Call Saul’ season 6 will “change the way we see ‘Breaking Bad’ forever”, says creator.

Any thoughts on what may happen to do this?

Maybe we see Mike knitting or Gus dating a nun!?

what could be so monumental that we rethink 5 seasons of another show?

and should it?

BB was great. But to use another Star Wars analogy, finding out Darth Vader was a whining little sissy really ruined the image we had of that figure.

And speaking of another subject, didn't Gus at one point (while either Jesse or Walt was at his house), mention his [own?] children?

odd.

• Love 2

Lalo's death, cont'd:

The answer to this may be obvious to the rest of you.

Were there not instances where Gus was in a position to Belize somebody but he didn't do it (or didn't allow others to do it) because Eladio or Bolsa or the Cartel would be unhappy?

I know he was torqued at Nacho because he wanted to do Hector himself (or just torment him)...but if Hector had died the Cartel would have known it was him due to their history. Also it would have been bad for business overall.

So wouldn't the killing of Lalo cause the same anger from the parties mentioned? Isn't that why Gus, through Mike, made certain the bail money got through?

---------

If Gus does it, he has to be in an unimpeachable position alibi-wise.

Even if Lalo just vanished in a puff of Portland Cement, as some have intimated.

This is difficult as Gus' men could be seen to do it under Gus' orders.

What am I missing?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lalo Lives said:

Lalo's death, cont'd:

The answer to this may be obvious to the rest of you.

Were there not instances where Gus was in a position to Belize somebody but he didn't do it (or didn't allow others to do it) because Eladio or Bolsa or the Cartel would be unhappy?

I know he was torqued at Nacho because he wanted to do Hector himself (or just torment him)...but if Hector had died the Cartel would have known it was him due to their history. Also it would have been bad for business overall.

So wouldn't the killing of Lalo cause the same anger from the parties mentioned? Isn't that why Gus, through Mike, made certain the bail money got through?

My reading, although I'd have to rewatch S5, was that Mike proposed putting Lalo behind bars and they hoped this would be sufficient.  Lalo, being Lalo, just used this as downtime for more scheming and had Nacho burn down a Pollos.  Clearly just imprisoning Lalo was not going to do the trick so Gus helped free him so he would have to flee across the border to where his mercenaries would be operating.  If the mercenaries were successful, the plan would have worked pretty much as we saw: evidence would connect back to a foreign crew, Hector would have had suspicions but no proof and Gus would have been okay for now.

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/better-call-saul-rhea-seehorns-7-word-tease-fuels-more-kim-concerns/

Any thoughts?

US Prison?

Kidnapped? (Salamanca prison)

Witness Protection?

Purchase of a new dust filter for a Hoover MaxExtract PressurePro model 60?

Life changing injury?

Lesser things like disbarment?

Seemed like an ominous statement.

Can't just be guilt over Howard.

Gotta be REAL significant.

Or she's yankin our jingle bells.

3 hours ago, Lalo Lives said:

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/better-call-saul-rhea-seehorns-7-word-tease-fuels-more-kim-concerns/

Any thoughts?

US Prison?

Kidnapped? (Salamanca prison)

Witness Protection?

Purchase of a new dust filter for a Hoover MaxExtract PressurePro model 60?

Life changing injury?

Lesser things like disbarment?

Seemed like an ominous statement.

Can't just be guilt over Howard.

Gotta be REAL significant.

Or she's yankin our jingle bells.

There's a lot of things that could happen to Kim.

She could die.

She could end up like Hector but worse.

She could end up in witness protection but I'm not sure who she could rat on which wouldn't come back on any of the characters who make it to BB.

She could end up working for the drug dealers doing both good and bad.

She could still be with Saul. Unlikely and no sign of it.

She could be on the run.

She could be have a new life.

Or she could just walk away from Saul and everything else and start new some place.

Maybe Kim screw's Saul's step dad and he dumps her which turns him into Saul the whole way. Maybe Saul considers Howard to be a kind of Step Dad and Kim screwed him not by sex but by getting him killed. (Horrible theory but this is just guesswork anyway.)

9 minutes ago, scenario said:

If your looking for a nice upstanding moral people don't watch BCS or BB. There's a handful of them but not that many. 

I’m not looking for them. But there’s a massive difference between those who choose a murderous life of making and selling toxic substances and most other offenses imo.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scenario said:

If your looking for a nice upstanding moral people don't watch BCS or BB. There's a handful of them but not that many. 

True, but it does seem odd to wish death for one character but not for others who are far more culpable.  

Mileage varies, of course.  As much as I liked Howard, his death did not affect me as much as Nacho's did.  I spent about 15 minutes walking around my house after Nacho killed himself.  I suppose it's because Nacho sacrificed himself for his father, as well as the bond he had with Mike.  

I can't say that I want any of the characters to die.  I think Lalo has to die to fit this show into BB.  But it's not something I'm rooting for.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, PeterPirate said:

True, but it does seem odd to wish death for one character but not for others who are far more culpable.  

Mileage varies, of course.  As much as I liked Howard, his death did not affect me as much as Nacho's did.  I spent about 15 minutes walking around my house after Nacho killed himself.  I suppose it's because Nacho sacrificed himself for his father, as well as the bond he had with Mike.  

I can't say that I want any of the characters to die.  I think Lalo has to die to fit this show into BB.  But it's not something I'm rooting for.  

IMO, when a character choses a life of crime, they are taking the risk. If someone climbs Mount Everest dies, I am sad but not surprised. I was very sad when Nacho died and it hurt because I cared about him as a person. But he was in the game and anyone in the game can die at any time. It's the downside of all the money.

Nacho was the classic tragedy. He was a good person who made a series of bad decision and ended up paying for them even though everyone was rooting for him. The tension built and built. I was saying no, no, no, no all episode and it just kept building to the end.

Howard was totally out of the blue. The tension was short, quick and brutal. It was tragic but it didn't have the build up.  

Lalo isn't a tragedy. Lalo is a character that everyone knew would die the minute he was introduced. 

8 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I’m not looking for them. But there’s a massive difference between those who choose a murderous life of making and selling toxic substances and most other offenses imo.

Most of the gang people's death and destruction is off screen. Kim's downfall was step by step. To many people, if they don't see it, it doesn't count. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 6/15/2022 at 6:53 PM, scenario said:

There's a lot of things that could happen to Kim.

She could die.

She could end up like Hector but worse.

She could end up in witness protection but I'm not sure who she could rat on which wouldn't come back on any of the characters who make it to BB.

She could end up working for the drug dealers doing both good and bad.

She could still be with Saul. Unlikely and no sign of it.

She could be on the run.

She could be have a new life.

Or she could just walk away from Saul and everything else and start new some place.

Maybe Kim screw's Saul's step dad and he dumps her which turns him into Saul the whole way. Maybe Saul considers Howard to be a kind of Step Dad and Kim screwed him not by sex but by getting him killed. (Horrible theory but this is just guesswork anyway.)

Kim could also go crazy.  Imo it would be a nifty twist if Kim notices some of Howard's blood on her hand, and is never able to wash it off--in her own mind, that is.    

Edited by PeterPirate

A youtuber, who will remain anonymous because he's irritating, posted a super quick "new trailer" showing the unfinished lab with the voiceover saying something like "Now, what are we gonna do with you?"

At first I thought the voice was Lalo but oddly it also kinda sounded like Mike.

I cannot find an official source for this very brief bit of tease.

Has anybody got a better handle on this than I do?

Either way, if legit, I think it spells (sooner rather than later) doom for Lalo.

Perhaps this ties in with the analysis vid that Giant Misfit posted. Could be Mike talking to Kim.

Assuming Lalo let Kim walk out (post Howard death) into the welcoming arms of Mike/Gus at the Superlab.

12 hours ago, Lalo Lives said:

A youtuber, who will remain anonymous because he's irritating, posted a super quick "new trailer" showing the unfinished lab with the voiceover saying something like "Now, what are we gonna do with you?"

At first I thought the voice was Lalo but oddly it also kinda sounded like Mike.

I haven't seen this...but that doesn't sound like a line that Mike Ehrmantraut would say.

(edited)

Irrespective of any spoiler info from the Tribeca fiasco, what would be your preferred culmination?

Or perhaps more succinctly, the fates of the major players remaining?

I know more what I don't want to see than do. I don't want Gene turning into Liam Neeson and hunting down somebody.

I think Kim or Jimmy (or both) need to have been SERIOUSLY hurt physically, emotionally, or situationally.

I want to know about Francesca's call on Saul's birthday. I want to know the lawyer Francesca contacts.

I really don't want Lalo in that South wall because so many have predicted it. I don't want Gus to shoot him with that staged gun.

Kim disbarred? Kind of lame. In prison for illegal lawyering? similar-ish. In prison for murder? more intriguing.

Jimmy couldn't lawyer her out. He's PNG in legal circles.

Will Kim tell Jimmy she knew about Lalo's improved health?

Will Lalo ever figure out Bolsa tried to steal his bail money? If so, what will he do?

What will he do if he finds out Gus helped get his money TO him?

I really want to see Kim under the thumb of the cartel/Lalo IN MEXICO.

--I don't want her life to be saving teenagers from 1 ounce pot busts and then driving home in her Camry, feeling good about herself--

(I wouldn't mind seeing Kim happily working WITH the cartel. She gets off on scams and maybe the business is a grand scale scam which she can use to fund her pro bono stuff. Like Gus with his little school/orphanage/fountain for Max thing. Offsets the bad, as it were.)

For me that's the only way to rectify Saul's terror of him unless Lalo gets a cement sauna in secret.

Gus did NOT mention Lalo (in the list of no longer breathing Salamancas) to Hector. Why? I think that needs to be addressed.

[Maybe Gus and Lalo become best buds and they stage Lalo's death? Gus Koolaids Eladio (in BB) and they then have one boss north and one south of the border working together with Kim as Tom Hagen for both.]

Mike goes "dark." Will he have to smoke Kim (per Gus' orders) if she lays eyes on the lab?

xxx is the upcoming mystery xxxxxxx?

Had to edit myself due to the WITHOUT SPOILERS proviso.

I just don't think, overall, that the 'last man standing', aka Saul, is the way to go.

Although they said no more BB/BCS universe stuff is in the works, a great way to leave things fluid would be to have a presumed-dead Lalo, aided by Kim, behind the curtain making the marionettes dance.

And finally (in this omelette of garbled speculation), what BIG THING turns Jimmy into the misogynistic, immoral, corrupt, slime ball that he is in BB?

Oh yeah, WILL KIM'S BUSINESS card get her busted?

The one she gave to Wendy.

Edited by Lalo Lives
Spacing and CRS and general dimness of brain
20 hours ago, Lalo Lives said:

And finally (in this omelette of garbled speculation), what BIG THING turns Jimmy into the misogynistic, immoral, corrupt, slime ball that he is in BB?

For me, THIS is the question. What pushes him to become that person? We are still about 3-4 years away from his first appearance in BB. It is likely that Howard’s murder is the first step down the path to full-on Saul. However, there will be the “last straw” and I don’t know what that is.

Kim’s betrayal is my best guess but I don’t know what that looks like. I don’t want her to be a cartel lawyer.

We have seen Saul’s home and we know that there was something of Jimmy left: the stopper from the tequila bottle. A reminder of happier days or a warning of when things began to go wrong?

All of this feeds into the question of what Gene does next. Silencing the cab driver? That seems too easy. Gene has something bigger in mind. 

6 hours ago, Ellaria Sand said:

For me, THIS is the question. What pushes him to become that person? We are still about 3-4 years away from his first appearance in BB. It is likely that Howard’s murder is the first step down the path to full-on Saul. However, there will be the “last straw” and I don’t know what that is.

Kim’s betrayal is my best guess but I don’t know what that looks like. I don’t want her to be a cartel lawyer.

We have seen Saul’s home and we know that there was something of Jimmy left: the stopper from the tequila bottle. A reminder of happier days or a warning of when things began to go wrong?

All of this feeds into the question of what Gene does next. Silencing the cab driver? That seems too easy. Gene has something bigger in mind. 

I'm going to re-state my theory using different vernacular.  Saul Goodman is going to be a sheep in wolf's clothing.  Regardless of how he feels inside, he will be compelled to maintain the professional demeanor as The Criminal Lawyer, ie the wolf.  Over the next four years each new case will add another layer of wolfclothes over the Jimmy body.  And that clothing will come with ever sharper fangs and claws, until it becomes second-nature for Saul to recommend sending someone to Belize.  

• Love 2

"Kim’s betrayal is my best guess but I don’t know what that looks like."

Good point. Is it related to marriage, the sudden proposal, is she doing a mega-scam on Jimmy, is her no-middle-name status just a red herring?

Will she...?....yeah, I don't know.

How brutal does a prospective betrayal have to be to turn Jimmy into Saul?

Peter pirate may be right too. Could be a frog in the pot thing. Gradually turning up the heat. 

But sometimes it is ONE thing that makes one say

"Eff this!

I'm gonna screw the world!"

For me is was reviewing instant replays. "Upon further review..."

But for Jimmy it may be something less serious.

But just look at any dude, or woman, who has been wronged by their s.o.

They can tend to have little regard for many things, at least for a while.

Kind of like the steelworker who gets fired and then goes home to slap his wife and kick his dog.

Maybe Jimmy is taking it out on the legal system. It screwed HIM, so he'll screw IT!

Jimmy has been screwed so many times...maybe a betrayal by Kim is the 'last straw'.

I don't know but it is fun to speculate.

Somebody on this forum will be right, or closer to right than the rest of us, and they will deserve an un-poisoned bottle of Zafiro Anejo.

I'm not a fan of the Kim Betrays Jimmy theory.  Francesca is supposed to answer a call for Saul on his birthday, and I have no doubt the caller is Kim.  But who knows.  I don't have a theory to proffer that makes any more sense.  I like my Kim Goes Crazy theory but only from a karmic perspective.  

• Love 1

If it's Kim calling Saul on his birthday, then it's clear they're separated, or they would have planned to spend it together.

So with that theory, she's not dead.

But why are they separated? Is she in prison, witness protection, vacuumed, on the run, or something else? 

With a new name and life, she would have had to agree not to contact people from her old life. While she could ignore that rule, it just might indicate she's not in that scenario. Instead she's free to make calls, just not visits.

If she's still alive in the BB timeline, then the teaser of Kim reciting her oath of office over a shot of her living room candle spattered with Howard's blood, and Rhea's statement that there are fates worse than death, leads me to think that Kim was disbarred and imprisoned as a result of what happened to Howard. 

And I'd be OK with that.

2 hours ago, Starchild said:

If it's Kim calling Saul on his birthday, then it's clear they're separated, or they would have planned to spend it together.

So with that theory, she's not dead.

But why are they separated? Is she in prison, witness protection, vacuumed, on the run, or something else? 

With a new name and life, she would have had to agree not to contact people from her old life. While she could ignore that rule, it just might indicate she's not in that scenario. Instead she's free to make calls, just not visits.

If she's still alive in the BB timeline, then the teaser of Kim reciting her oath of office over a shot of her living room candle spattered with Howard's blood, and Rhea's statement that there are fates worse than death, leads me to think that Kim was disbarred and imprisoned as a result of what happened to Howard. 

And I'd be OK with that.

Disbarred? Maybe. But she didn’t kill Howard,