Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation Without Spoilers

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Jesse ran to Alaska and got away with it. Now, I’m with you in wondering whether or not she/they could just go on with life indefinitely with so much on their consciences. I certainly couldn’t live like that as I’d be overwhelmed with what I’d done. But some of these characters are a different breed.

Well, Kim is a couple orders of magnitude above Jesse on the human potential scale.  She was well-educated and hard-working.  Most importantly, she aspired to be Atticus Finch.  She had the potential to contribute to society as much as Chuck.  

• Like 2
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, PeterPirate said:

Well, Kim is a couple orders of magnitude above Jesse on the human potential scale.  She was well-educated and hard-working.  Most importantly, she aspired to be Atticus Finch.  She had the potential to contribute to society as much as Chuck.  

Absolutely true. And she would have a good chance at a relatively short sentence, given the difficulty of proving most potential charges against her beyond a reasonable doubt. Jesse, on the other hand, would likely be looking at life in prison or the death penalty.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Constantinople said:

Not speculation, but I hope we learn a little bit more about Kim or what happened during the phone call in Breaking Bad (the episode) when Saul tried to call Kim and may or may not have spoken to her.

I know she's not the lead character, Saul is, but she pretty close to the co-lead, just as Jesse was in Breaking Bad (the show). And they made a whole movie about what happened to Jesse after he and Walt separated for the last time.

I'm not asking for a movie, but something in the upcoming episodes.

Everybody said that Kim was never in Breaking Bad. But if that was Kim on the other end of the phone she was in BB. 

• LOL 1

Many interviews hinted at a tragic fate for Kim... Is Titusville more tragic than Omaha?

Options:

• Rhea Seehorn was doing her Andrew Garfield impression
  • A Salamanca sicario found her by wiretapping Francesca
41 minutes ago, paigow said:

Many interviews hinted at a tragic fate for Kim... Is Titusville more tragic than Omaha?

Options:

Yes, it’s Florida. Definitely more tragic!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
10 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Jesse ran to Alaska and got away with it. Now, I’m with you in wondering whether or not she/they could just go on with life indefinitely with so much on their consciences. I certainly couldn’t live like that as I’d be overwhelmed with what I’d done. But some of these characters are a different breed.

I wouldn't say Jesse got away with it. He spent 6 months in a hole in the ground, imprisoned by Uncle Jack and the Nazis, forced to cook meth for them, never knowing when Todd stopped by if it was his last moment on Earth. After his failed escape attempt, Jesse was forced to watch Todd kill Andrea in cold blood and was told Brock would be next if he tried to escape again.

I don't know how you translate that into a prison sentence. 1 year? 5 years? More? But so far, Jesse has suffered exponentially more than Jimmy or Kim. Not that Kim deserves to go through what Jesse did, but Jimmy does.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

I wouldn't say Jesse got away with it. He spent 6 months in a hole in the ground, imprisoned by Uncle Jack and the Nazis, forced to cook meth for them, never knowing when Todd stopped by if it was his last moment on Earth. After his failed escape attempt, Jesse was forced to watch Todd kill Andrea in cold blood and was told Brock would be next if he tried to escape again.

I don't know how you translate that into a prison sentence. 1 year? 5 years? More? But so far, Jesse has suffered exponentially more than Jimmy or Kim. Not that Kim deserves to go through what Jesse did, but Jimmy does.

It’s not about suffering or punishment. It’s simply about owning up and facing the consequences of your actions. The judge may consider what Jesse went through as a mitigating factor during sentencing. He would probably not be considered for the death penalty, but you never know. He was at least partially responsible for many deaths and lots of suffering. Jimmy should certainly be sentenced to a few years, depending on what the protection could prove. He never killed anyone though.

• Love 2
On 8/2/2022 at 4:48 PM, paigow said:

Options:

I don't entirely follow. Are you suggesting Seehorn was lying about Kim's fate, the way Garfield lied about not being in No Way Home?

Fans of the Monopoly board game have noted that Water Works is just 2 squares away from the 'Go To Jail' square.

I can't claim credit for this. I'm just passing it along.

The BCS episode title is Waterworks without the space between Water and Works as in Monopoly.

I'm not sure how Marvin Gardens, the square in between, fits into this.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Constantinople said:

Fans of the Monopoly board game have noted that Water Works is just 2 squares away from the 'Go To Jail' square.

I can't claim credit for this. I'm just passing it along.

The BCS episode title is Waterworks without the space between Water and Works as in Monopoly.

I'm not sure how Marvin Gardens, the square in between, fits into this.

Kim and Jimmy will both go to jail, where they will fashion loaded dice and get out early, free to re-embark on a whole new set of adventures.  

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
18 hours ago, Soobs said:

After watching the Breaking Bad episode, I'm not entirely sure Saul/ Jimmy will live through the series.

I’m almost done with my rewatch of BB….probably the 4th time, but the first rewatch in a long while.  I’m seeing things a lot differently lately.  Hmmmm….now with all the dosing done by Gene I’m recalling other stuff, like how Gus poisoned the Salimanicas at the pool party.  Of course, Walt poisoned Brock and Jimmy dosed Howard.  And, Nacho did a reverse dose on Victor by messing with his meds.  So……I’m wondering if some kind of special stew or cocktail made by Burnett will take him down.  It’s not that dramatic though.  Walt went out with a bang and a super good song.  Will Jimmy get the same?  

Walt had the chance to move on and not confront, but he chose otherwise.  Gene had the chance to move on too, but last minute told the vacuum cleaner guy that he would take care of it.  Probably, both fatal decisions.  

I found this song that would be a nice ending song, whether he dies or not.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

Walt confessed to Jesse that Walt did nothing while he watched Jane die. Walt was being spiteful. Walt wasn't doing this to unburden himself but to hurt Jesse.

That made me wonder if Jimmy will do something similar to Kim if/when Jimmy is at his greatest moment of despair. For example if he's been caught by the authorities. Then he ratfinks on Kim out of spite for her leaving him (because reporting Kim would have a minimal effect on any sentence reduction).

I doubt it, but I wonder.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

Walt confessed to Jesse that Walt did nothing while he watched Jane die. Walt was being spiteful. Walt wasn't doing this to unburden himself but to hurt Jesse.

That made me wonder if Jimmy will do something similar to Kim if/when Jimmy is at his greatest moment of despair. For example if he's been caught by the authorities. Then he ratfinks on Kim out of spite for her leaving him (because reporting Kim would have a minimal effect on any sentence reduction).

I doubt it, but I wonder.

The way that Gene's been acting, it wouldn't surprise me. 

He found out she'd doing fine and is remarried so he tells the authority everything he could about her to ruin her happiness. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, scenario said:

I wonder if Miracle Whip paid them any product placement money. They got a hell of an ad there. 

Vince Gilligan joked last nite on Talking Saul that they were stupid and did not get any money for product placement for Cinnabon or any of the mayo-y things. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Atlanta said:

She didn't seem to be remarried. Anyway, she deserve more than Mr Miracle Whip. LOL

I’d rather be alone for the rest of my life than date that fool. She must be really committed to punishing herself.

3 hours ago, scenario said:

I wonder if Miracle Whip paid them any product placement money. They got a hell of an ad there. 

I’m not sure that ad showed it in a positive light. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I’d rather be alone for the rest of my life than date that fool. She must be really committed to punishing herself.

I’m not sure that ad showed it in a positive light. 

My guess is that he was the first person who asked her out and didn't ask any questions. He was comfortable. He didn't stress her or demand too much from her. 

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, scenario said:

My guess is that he was the first person who asked her out and didn't ask any questions. He was comfortable. He didn't stress her or demand too much from her. 

And I still think she’s punishing herself by dating him. Better to be alone, imo. I mean, that guy would never understand BSC, and if he liked BB it was only because lots of things blew up, lol. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Cinnabon said:

And I still think she’s punishing herself by dating him. Better to be alone, imo.

She wants to fit in and lose herself in the crowd. In that circle she needs a boyfriend. He's a local who demands very little from her. She doesn't feel like she deserves much better. She also doesn't want to be bothered looking for anyone else. He's there. He's reliable. And he's comfortable. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, scenario said:

She wants to fit in and lose herself in the crowd. In that circle she needs a boyfriend. He's a local who demands very little from her. She doesn't feel like she deserves much better. She also doesn't want to be bothered looking for anyone else. He's there. He's reliable. And he's comfortable. 

I imagine she cringes every time he touches her, lol.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, scenario said:

Titusville is not going to have a deep dating pool. Using the low bar scoring method, dude gets points for not being physically or verbally abusive. A keeper!

• Like 2

Kim at best grew up in a working class environment, went to a 2nd/3rd tier state university and then to a 2nd/3rd tier law school.  Did Jimmy even graduate from high school or attend college?  I have serious doubt either one is capable of carrying on a serious conversation on anything but the law and mundane every day life events. So I really doubt Kim misses discussing Kant or Bach with Jimmy/Saul.  Much of their resentment towards Howard was class resentment, Howard and his friends were out of their league and they knew it and they knew they  would never be fully accepted. Jimmy knew he would never fit in at high class  Davis+Main.  Howard may have felt the same towards Kim/Jimmy as Kim feels towards her current co-workers/boyfriend.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I joked about the yep yep dude, but I think Kim is lucky she met a nice, average guy who's not a criminal.  Plus, she's not exactly a stunner herself, especially with that awful hair.

It's crazy because when you see Rhea as herself on the red carpet, interviews, etc, she's absolutely stunning

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

It's crazy because when you see Rhea as herself on the red carpet, interviews, etc, she's absolutely stunning

I don't think she's that attractive, and especially that barking voice of hers.  

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, paigow said:

Titusville is not going to have a deep dating pool. Using the low bar scoring method, dude gets points for not being physically or verbally abusive. A keeper!

gross vomit GIF

2 hours ago, jww said:

is capable of carrying on a serious conversation on anything but the law and mundane every day life events.

Only those born with a silver spoon in their mouths can discuss more than the mundane? I think many here would beg to differ. 

2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I joked about the yep yep dude, but I think Kim is lucky she met a nice, average guy who's not a criminal.  Plus, she's not exactly a stunner herself, especially with that awful hair.

Ugh. So many low standards here. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Well, considering all the shit she's done, I think Kim, herself, is a low standard.  Yep Yep can do better if he wants to.

Season 1 Lol GIF by NBC

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Well, considering all the shit she's done, I think Kim, herself, is a low standard.  Yep Yep can do better if he wants to.

Sure, a halfwit who confuses Sweden with Switzerland, wears mandals, watches reality tv, and is a selfish, creepy lover is a real prize! 

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Sure, a halfwit who confuses Sweden with Switzerland, wears mandals, watches reality tv, and is a selfish, creepy lover is a real prize! 

Might be above the median for Titusville...

Low Bar Pros:

Unlikely to murder her

Unlikely to be a cartel / organized crime member, client or target 

Likely earns above minimum wage - Outback not that cheap

Likely drama free personality

Edited by paigow
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, paigow said:

Might be above the median for Titusville...

Low Bar Pros:

Unlikely to murder her

Unlikely to be a cartel / organized crime member, client or target 

Likely earns above minimum wage - Outback not that cheap

Likely drama free personality

No drama and low maintenance. She knows what to expect from him. He cares about her. He's not a huge catch but he's far from the worst. She wants stability and no surprises. She'll get that from him.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

"Halfwit"  then  there are a lot of halfwits in the US.  70%  of Americans cannot locate France/UK on a map.  I doubt 10% could locate Sweden/Switzerland. 45 confused the Baltic and Balkins.  The Amazing Race was actually superior to 75% of OTA  programing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Ed- said:

Last scene prediction: Jimmy in Belize

I’m now just thinking about ending songs,  BB hit theirs out of the park.  I hope BCS does the same.  I’m going out in a limb and guessing that this song would be a nice tribute……whether Kim goes to prison or dies.

1 hour ago, jww said:

"Halfwit"  then  there are a lot of halfwits in the US.  70%  of Americans cannot locate France/UK on a map.  I doubt 10% could locate Sweden/Switzerland. 

Also, when this episode took place Sweden was a neutral country.  It just didn't have the reputation for hiding Nazi loot like Switzerland.  

Sweden finally joined NATO this year.  Welcome back to the fight.  This time I know our side will win.    

Edited by PeterPirate
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, jww said:

"Halfwit"  then  there are a lot of halfwits in the US.  70%  of Americans cannot locate France/UK on a map.  I doubt 10% could locate Sweden/Switzerland. 45 confused the Baltic and Balkins.  The Amazing Race was actually superior to 75% of OTA  programing.

Sadly, yes. 🤣

1 hour ago, PeterPirate said:

Also, when this episode took place Sweden was a neutral country.  It just didn't have the reputation for hiding Nazi loot like Switzerland.  

Sweden finally joined NATO this year.  Welcome back to the fight.  This time I know our side will win.    

Yet there are men like all of you, who have great taste in sophisticated TV and are knowledgeable about the rest of the world. I’ll pass on the dumbasses wearing mandals. 

• Love 1
On 8/5/2022 at 10:47 PM, Lalo Lives said:

Next episode is WATERWORKS.

Could be a Kim reference. Might be something else.

Insert Mr, T voice: “My prediction? TEARS.”

Somebody goin to die!

As usual, dead wrong on this one. Unless Kim's life could be considered dying.

At first I thought she was taking part in a DIY witness protection thing.

That Yup Yup Yup boyfriend scene was brutal.

How many women have to deal with that kind of crap regularly?

***Watched Courtney's breakdown of Waterworks.

I really felt bad for her. She was truly bummed that things are coming to a close. No show will have the same impact for her I am sure. She really puts on her thinking cap when she watches.

Maybe she can catch the same fire with the new sci/fi show Vince will be doing.

• Love 1