Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation Without Spoilers

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Ailianna said:

Lyle is prominent in the episode where cartel members go to Los Pollos and cause trouble and ultimately set it on fire. I'm really bad with episode names, but I was impressed with Lyle then and was tickled to see him again.

Were there TWO fires at LPH? 
I thought just the one by Nacho and Gus.

6 hours ago, Lalo Lives said:

Were there TWO fires at LPH? 
I thought just the one by Nacho and Gus.

In Breaking Bad. The question asked about why we know Lyle. We know him from the future.

8 hours ago, Lalo Lives said:

(please no more Kaylee and the DIL of Mike—for me the 2 weakest characters/sections of the BB/BCS universe. Fran pouring a cup of coffee has more meaning, nuance, and depth of feeling than anything in that KAY-DIL cringe fest.)

You are SO spot on. I'd rather see Creepy Todd resurface than Kaylee and Anxious Lip-Chewing Mom again. At least he can act.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, monagatuna said:

You are SO spot on. I'd rather see Creepy Todd resurface than Kaylee and Anxious Lip-Chewing Mom again. At least he can act.

Carol Burnett as Kaylee

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I think if Kim does end up dying it will be from some unintended consequences of something long forgotten….say The Kettlemans.     Wouldn’t that be ironic?   It’s not the Cartel that kills her or jail that brings her down but the threat she made during “Carrot And Stick” 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I think if Kim does end up dying it will be from some unintended consequences of something long forgotten….say The Kettlemans.     Wouldn’t that be ironic?   It’s not the Cartel that kills her or jail that brings her down but the threat she made during “Carrot And Stick” 

It wouldn't shock me if something strange happens like one of the Kettleman's gets killed and the other one blames Kim and kills her for revenge. 

• Useful 1

A while back it was noted, again, by an "authority," that Mike would have to go somewhere "dark."

I don't think dealing with Howard's body is that darkness.

I fear it will entail Mike being ordered to be certain of Kim's silence.

• Useful 2
2 minutes ago, Lalo Lives said:

A while back it was noted, again, by an "authority," that Mike would have to go somewhere "dark."

I fear it will entail Mike being ordered to be certain of Kim's silence.

Im ok with that!

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, SimplexFish said:

Im ok with that!

How did you feel when Jesse shot Gale point blank in the face? When he got Jane back into drugs, leading ultimately to her death ? Going to NA meetings to try and sell meth. Getting Andrea killed? Or when Mike was shot and killed? They were responsible for ruining thousands and thousands of lives, just by choosing to be involved in the meth business. Ditto for Nacho. He showed some redeeming qualities at the end, but ultimately he chose to sell meth and ruin lives.  I hate to use the M word, but I see a lot of heavy judgment for Kim, and haven’t seen much for those who are millions of times worse.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 1
On 7/12/2022 at 11:43 PM, Starchild said:

I thought we did see Lyle in BB.

On 7/12/2022 at 11:53 PM, Cinnabon said:

Yes, we did.

Lyle never appeared in Breaking Bad. https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Lyle

On 7/13/2022 at 7:01 PM, Ailianna said:

Lyle is prominent in the episode where cartel members go to Los Pollos and cause trouble and ultimately set it on fire. I'm really bad with episode names, but I was impressed with Lyle then and was tickled to see him again.

That was a Season 3 Better Call Saul episode when Hector, Nacho and Arturo visit, but there was no fire.

The fire was in Season 5 when Gus helps Naco burn down a Los Pollos to preserve Nacho as a mole within the Salamanca organization

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

How did you feel when Jesse shot Gale point blank in the face? When he got Jane back into drugs, leading ultimately to her death ? Going to NA meetings to try and sell meth. Getting Andrea killed? Or when Mike was shot and killed? They were responsible for ruining thousands and thousands of lives, just by choosing to be involved in the meth business. Ditto for Nacho. He showed some redeeming qualities at the end, but ultimately he chose to sell meth and ruin lives.  I hate to use the M word, but I see a lot of heavy judgment for Kim, and haven’t seen much for those who are millions of times worse.

Well since its JUST A TV SHOW and the characters are NOT REAL PEOPLE, I felt exhilarated, happy, sad, shocked, confused, bewildered, anxious, excited and absolutely satisfied watching great fictional writing and directing, and I'm on the edge of my seat to see what happens to all these TV actors in the last 5 episodes from the imaginations of G&G!

• Love 2
(edited)

We see both Kettlemans in the fake American Greed video.  

And now that I think about it, they are a pretty good model of how I see J&K working out.  She's the wolf, he's the sheep.  

Edited by PeterPirate
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

If Kim had said YO! and BITCH! from time to time like Jesse, maybe she'd have been more likable.  Maybe.  A sense of humor helps, and she has none.

Well, she definitely doesn’t have a juvenile sense of humor like Jesse. It’s ok, I know not everyone gets dark, dry humor. 🤣. I thought she was pretty funny when she did her imitations of Kevin.i don’t think Jimmy would be with someone completely humorless.

You know who really has no sense of humor? Mike. Nacho was pretty damn humorless as well.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

You know who really has no sense of humor? Mike. Nacho was pretty damn humorless as well.

I think Mike has an awesome sarcastic since of humor, some of it non verbal, take the Pimento Cheese sandwich (its the caviar of the south) episode from season 1 and many more. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SimplexFish said:

I think Mike has an awesome sarcastic since of humor, some of it non verbal, take the Pimento Cheese sandwich (its the caviar of the south) episode from season 1 and many more. 

You’re right, I had forgotten about that. I’m a fan of sarcastic, dry humor. 🙂 A lot of people don’t get it (or me, lol).

• Love 3
(edited)

Far from the biggest question I have regarding the show's future, of course, but I'm curious to see what happens with the title cards starting from episode 11. BCS only has 10 title cards (1 for each episode in the previous 10-episode seasons), so will there be new ones, or will the show ditch them entirely? 

Edited by EdwinSorrow
(edited)
21 hours ago, EdwinSorrow said:

Far from the biggest question I have regarding the show's future, of course, but I'm curious to see what happens with the title cards starting from episode 11. BCS only has 10 title cards for each episode, so will there be new ones, or will the show ditch them entirely? 

I've been wondering this too.  My hunch is that either it just goes to snow (since from S1 to S6, the tapes have been deteriorating) or it's possible as a time-saver, they just do a 5-second abridged title card like I think they did on BB a few times (although the BCS titles are so short and AMC has been generous with allowing them extra time when needed so I doubt this will happen).

Edited by gallimaufry

At the risk of confirming my mush-headedness, what are these TITLE CARDS that are being alluded to?

Are these the things like the phone ‘booth,’ the beach scene, the caddy, etc., that accompany the opening credits?

If so, I never noticed that there was only one per episode.

Furthering the confusion, based on my perhaps faulty assumption, are you all theorizing that due to 3 additional episodes, the show makers will need to create 3 new title cards to keep up the symmetry?

• Applause 1
(edited)
On 7/19/2022 at 5:57 AM, Lalo Lives said:

At the risk of confirming my mush-headedness, what are these TITLE CARDS that are being alluded to?

Are these the things like the phone ‘booth,’ the beach scene, the caddy, etc., that accompany the opening credits?

Yes, the stuff after the cold open near the start of each episode that shows the "Better Call Saul" logo and displays the "Created by Vince Gilligan & Peter Gould" credit. 

On 7/19/2022 at 5:57 AM, Lalo Lives said:

If so, I never noticed that there was only one per episode.

Furthering the confusion, based on my perhaps faulty assumption, are you all theorizing that due to 3 additional episodes, the show makers will need to create 3 new title cards to keep up the symmetry?

I'm not theorizing anything in particular, just expressing curiosity. I think gallimaufry's theory that it simply goes to white after episode 10 is interesting.

Edited by EdwinSorrow
  • Love 1

Everyone wants to know what happens to Gene, will Kim reappear, is there anything left to say about Gus or Mike, but what about the important questions

1. What happens to Lyle? Is he lured away by a competing fast food franchise?

2. Who now owns the trademark to Hamlindigo Blue? The new firm formed out of the ashes of HHM?

In the remaining 4 episodes, Cheryl Hamlin, Howard's widow, and Rebecca Bois, Chuck's ex-wife, team up to get justice for Howard and Chuck (or revenge as Manuel Varga might say).

Jimmy/Saul/Gene and Kim won't know what hit them.

• Love 1
(edited)

I want to see Kim and Jimmy re-unite, and then voluntarily go back to New Mexico and turn themselves in to the authorities.  

I'm calling this the "Casablanca Ending".

Edited by PeterPirate
  • Love 2

My ideas for Carol Burnet:

1. She replaces Robert Forster as the vacuum repair contact. She was his partner & was working with him all along.

2. She’s related to Kim in some way. Is Kim’s mother still alive?  I don’t remember.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Newcomer here and not sure where this type of question would fit.

How much time has passed between Saul going off grid at the vacuum store in BB through last night's episode?  6 months?  A year?  If 6 months, then it's probably around the same time Walt would be busting out of New Hampsire and making his trek back to NM. 

Looking at a map of the US, wouldn't it be a hoot if Walt had wound up passing through NE en route to NM and reconnected with Saul (in the beginning of Granite State on BB Saul joked to Walt that he'd wind up managing a Cinnabon on Omaha so it wouldn't take Walt long to narrow down his search to try to find Saul)?

And then, later, Saul finding out on the news what had eventually happened to Walt

So now the question becomes how does the show cycle back to the Saul years when it appears to have completely bypassed them?  Here's a theory...

At the end of episode 11, we meet Kim again and find out that she's been tracking Jimmy for a long time.  And then in episode 12, we flash back into the entirety of BB from HER pov. Admittedly, cool as this would be, I've no idea why she would be following Jimmy, especially in his most vile phase.

6 hours ago, ctlady said:

Newcomer here and not sure where this type of question would fit.

How much time has passed between Saul going off grid at the vacuum store in BB through last night's episode?  6 months?  A year?  If 6 months, then it's probably around the same time Walt would be busting out of New Hampsire and making his trek back to NM. 

Looking at a map of the US, wouldn't it be a hoot if Walt had wound up passing through NE en route to NM and reconnected with Saul (in the beginning of Granite State on BB Saul joked to Walt that he'd wind up managing a Cinnabon on Omaha so it wouldn't take Walt long to narrow down his search to try to find Saul)?

And then, later, Saul finding out on the news what had eventually happened to Walt

People with sharper eyes than me seem to have placed the date in 2010, a few weeks after the Walt showdown.  Although they're cagey about showing dates or the passage of time, the writers have referred to having a detailed timeline so they obviously do think about this stuff.

I can't see why Walt would care about finding Saul but Gene would surely be playing close attention to the news as the investigation into Walt unspools.  This would surely be peak danger time for him.

• Like 1
(edited)

To’hajiilee (episode before last 3) had Jesse try to smoke out Walt, exposing him to the authorities.

Could the mall heist be the thing that exposes SGJ to the authorities?

Or be the thing that has SGJ worried about having missed something and maybe panicking? Panicking enough to head south and a little west?

Would the G&G boys be that formula bound?

Edited by Lalo Lives
Clarification
On 7/26/2022 at 3:27 PM, gallimaufry said:

I can't see why Walt would care about finding Saul but Gene would surely be playing close attention to the news as the investigation into Walt unspools.

My only thought would be to get some legal advice about getting the money to his children via Gretchen & Elliot. I don't know if Saul had/has any trust fund experience, but it may make for an interesting scene between the two of them.  I can't recall 'Gene' getting ABQ news the way Walt did.  All Gene seems to have is the police radio (still catching up on past ones so these issues may have been addressed)

And as for this being too dangerous for Walt to seek out Saul - well, he's already exposed himself at the gas station, the diner, at the store to buy the contraption for the trunk gun, etc. so I don't see stopping off in NE en route to NM concerning to him.

One other thing I wondered... there are four discrete eras in BCS and each has a radically different look:

Before BCS: Muted/blueish colours, slightly hazy lighting (might just have imagined this part).

BCS before BB: Normal.

BCS in the BB era: We've only seen it in "Quite a Ride" and of course BB itself but this is shot on film.

BCS post-BB: Black and white.

Given how committed they've been to a consistent look, if they do flash back (forward?) into the BB era, I wonder if they will stick with shooting in film?

1 hour ago, ctlady said:

My only thought would be to get some legal advice about getting the money to his children via Gretchen & Elliot. I don't know if Saul had/has any trust fund experience, but it may make for an interesting scene between the two of them.  I can't recall 'Gene' getting ABQ news the way Walt did.  All Gene seems to have is the police radio (still catching up on past ones so these issues may have been addressed)

And as for this being too dangerous for Walt to seek out Saul - well, he's already exposed himself at the gas station, the diner, at the store to buy the contraption for the trunk gun, etc. so I don't see stopping off in NE en route to NM concerning to him.

Interesting.  I think we're past the point this might have happened and I'm not sure Walt's plot needed Saul's input (or that he should even be able to find Saul, especially after the "we're done" scene in 515) but I like the idea of them having an unrecorded meeting.

I don't know if I'm misremembering it, but I could swear there was a shot of 'Gene' in the last episode going up the escalator, and there was a sign by the Cinnabon advertising a "Twist". If so, then I'm expecting something big in the next few episodes.

Personally, I would like to see more of Gus' background. Breaking Bad never fully expanded on who he really was. Eladio said he knew who Gus "really is" and Hector called him "Generalissimo".  Hank struck a chord with Gus questioning his background. There were a number of US, British, and West German companies that made a lot of money off of the Pinochet regime. Did Gus connect with Schuller and Madrigal through this?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, NDW5332 said:

I don't know if I'm misremembering it, but I could swear there was a shot of 'Gene' in the last episode going up the escalator, and there was a sign by the Cinnabon advertising a "Twist". If so, then I'm expecting something big in the next few episodes.

Personally, I would like to see more of Gus' background. Breaking Bad never fully expanded on who he really was. Eladio said he knew who Gus "really is" and Hector called him "Generalissimo".  Hank struck a chord with Gus questioning his background. There were a number of US, British, and West German companies that made a lot of money off of the Pinochet regime. Did Gus connect with Schuller and Madrigal through this?

I completely agree.  The frustration is that they did bring both Schuler and Lydia back and yet have done nothing with them.  I really hope there's still room but time feels mighty tight now.

I was trying to think when the opportunity was to really explore Gus and I think there was a chance in Season 5 when Mike was given the opportunity to help take the war to Lalo.  I think he could have demanded complete honesty and transparency about Gus and Gus could have said, "go and seek your answers."  Which would have been smart both as a sign to Mike about his openness and as a way to identify what is out there about him.  We know that Mike did this because in "Breaking Bad", after Hank probes Gus' backstory, Mike says something to the effect that if I can't find anything about you then there's no way the DEA will.  But it would have been an opportunity for Mike to posit his own speculation and Gus to fill in just enough gaps that we feel there's a satisfactory resolution. 

• Like 1

After having one-on-one meetings with the Nebraska Cinnabon store managers, the new regional manager recognizes Gene Takovic and reports him to the authorities. Reading about Walter White and Saul Goodman became a passion of his after he learned they were responsible for the death of his first mentor in the fast food business.

And that's how Lyle, Cinnabon's new regional manager, brought Saul to justice.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5

Here's what we know

• Howard and Lalo are buried together in the Superlab
  • Tonight's episode is titled Breaking Bad
  • Tonight's episode could take place in the S3/S4 timeline of Breaking Bad the show
  • Jesse watches a wide variety of cable tv programming: Ice Road Truckers, programs about Ebola, et.
  • There have bee a number of paranormal "reality" shows on cable tv

I'm not saying Jesse will start to believe the lab is haunted, but...

Edited by Constantinople
  • LOL 1

My prediction for the next episode is that Jimmy/Gene/Saul is arrested, via either his own sloppiness with this break-in, via Carol Burnett's suspicions, or both.  Then the finale is Jimmy on trial, where he naturally acts as his own attorney but is found guilty....finally, in a situation he can't talk his way out of.

Jimmy then suffers a fate unique to the BCS/BB universe by being the only (?) major criminal character to end up in jail.  Everyone else was either killed or got away like Jesse, but Jimmy's final fate is prison.  After taking advantage of the legal system for so many years, the legal system finally takes Jimmy down.

• Love 3
On 7/23/2022 at 12:28 PM, PeterPirate said:

I want to see Kim and Jimmy re-unite, and then voluntarily go back to New Mexico and turn themselves in to the authorities.  

I'm calling this the "Casablanca Ending".

I'm still sticking with this as the scenario I want to see.  

Kim cannot just run to Florida as if she did nothing wrong in New Mexico.  Eventually the law has to want to speak with her about what she knows about her ex.  And her conscience has to weigh heavily on her, or else she would not have left in the first place. 

Gene becomes aware Marion is becoming suspicious and decides Old Yeller needs to be put down, shortly thereafter she has an unexpected heart attack/stroke.  Jeff suspicious of the death makes a plea deal with the police-gets a get out of jail free card and turns Gene in.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
4 hours ago, PeterPirate said:

I'm still sticking with this as the scenario I want to see.  

Kim cannot just run to Florida as if she did nothing wrong in New Mexico.  Eventually the law has to want to speak with her about what she knows about her ex.  And her conscience has to weigh heavily on her, or else she would not have left in the first place. 

Jesse ran to Alaska and got away with it. Now, I’m with you in wondering whether or not she/they could just go on with life indefinitely with so much on their consciences. I certainly couldn’t live like that as I’d be overwhelmed with what I’d done. But some of these characters are a different breed.

• Love 1

Not speculation, but I hope we learn a little bit more about Kim or what happened during the phone call in Breaking Bad (the episode) when Saul tried to call Kim and may or may not have spoken to her.

I know she's not the lead character, Saul is, but she pretty close to the co-lead, just as Jesse was in Breaking Bad (the show). And they made a whole movie about what happened to Jesse after he and Walt separated for the last time.

I'm not asking for a movie, but something in the upcoming episodes.

25 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

Not speculation, but I hope we learn a little bit more about Kim or what happened during the phone call in Breaking Bad (the episode) when Saul tried to call Kim and may or may not have spoken to her.

I know she's not the lead character, Saul is, but she pretty close to the co-lead, just as Jesse was in Breaking Bad (the show). And they made a whole movie about what happened to Jesse after he and Walt separated for the last time.

I think we’ll  learn more about the phone call. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

In the second episode this season, we had a one-sided telephone conversation with Mike and Nacho.  In the third, we had almost an entire episode devoted to Nacho all to build to that conversation and what it represented.  Now in the third from last episode, we have a one-sided telephone conversation with Jimmy and Kim.  I wouldn't be surprised, and on balance expect, that the next episode will take a similar path and we'll see everything from Kim's perspective ending with her coming back.

I agree that Marion's life could well be the stakes for the finale.  Kim, desperate to let go her guilt and passionate about defending the elderly, against Jimmy, who will kill to get what he wants.  They presaged this in 309 - "If all that's standing between me and a million bucks is some old lady's tears, I suggest investing in Kleenex!"  The mask has become the man - or has it?