Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/1/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday: Conservative commentator Ann Coulter; "View Your Deal" features hot items at affordable prices.

Tuesday:  Country music star and "Remnants" singer LeAnn Rimes performs.

Wednesday: Board certified internist Dr. Drew Pinsky.

Thursday:  Day of Hot Topics

Friday:  Former NFL star Deion Sanders guest co-hosts "Guy Day Friday"; actress Wanda Sykes from "Snatched."

• Love 1

Wow.....really scraping the bottom of the barrel this week  - Coulter, Rimes and creepy Dr Drew.  Good grief.  Guess I can miss all of the week except for catching Wanda on Friday.

• Love 6

Only DVRing Monday and Friday.  I hate Anne Coulter with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns, but I do enjoy Whoopi engaging with her, struggling with words, reason and righteous indignation, culminating in a word salad that would make Bitsy proud!

• Love 7

OMG!!! Seriously...who the hell books the "talent" for this show? 

Anne Coulter....Anne fucking Coulter. Dr. Drew....yawn. He's as bad as Dr. Phil. And Wanda Sykes...AGAIN?!!! Why not Amy or Goldie if it's strictly to flog their movie? Wanda's on all the time....or does it just feel like it? I'd like to see some variety for a change. 

A stellar line up for sure!! I will watch Daughter of Darkness, a.k.a. Coulter to see Whoopi spit and sputter and make smoke come out of her ears. Now hopefully she will be able to engage with Coulter articulately and intelligently. So many times, when there's someone like Kelly Ann or Coulter on, the Whoopster just hits and ground running with anger and outrage and ends up waving her arms all over the place, and making no sense.

Take a breath, Whoopi. CHOOSE your words!

• Love 7

"Trump is the Emperor God"......WTF?!!! only to be followed by "He doesn't lie."

The audience was laughing at practically every stupid, bullshit thing that came out of her mouth. For someone who was a lawyer and calls herself an educated woman, she is so fucking blind when it comes to Dump. She needs to marry Jeffrey Lord. They'd make a perfect couple.

• Love 18

I refuse to watch Anne (I'm so sexy - look at my short skirt & watch me flip my hair) Coulter.  I hope somebody calls her on her bullsh*t.

I find this year's panel (even Jed)

Those segments are probably the only thing keeping this shitshow on the air!

quite entertaining.  So happy Barbara, Candace, etc. are gone.

• Love 4

The View didn't win a daytime emmy. They were in the entertainment talk show category, not informative talk show category which I think is a hoot. A show in the news division, supposedly, is entertainment, ha. Any way, did they even mention tha awards show?

• Love 3

Wow, Whoopi apologised for interrupting! Its about time. Coulter was even treated differently. No Emmy for the View, funny that! 

2 hours ago, useryikes said:

I refuse to watch Anne (I'm so sexy - look at my short skirt & watch me flip my hair) Coulter.  I hope somebody calls her on her bullsh*t.

I find this year's panel (even Jed)

quite entertaining.  So happy Barbara, Candace, etc. are gone.

Walters is still hovering behind the scenes. I liked Paula, its a shame she left.

• Love 1
(edited)

Awww Whoopi got mad and tore up her blue cards!!!!  So dramatic!!!

She didn't do a good job of explaining the context of what went on, but in a nutshell Rick Santorum didn't like the CNN guy saying mean things about Trump and the crap he said in his speech Saturday ... so as a way to shut CNN guy down, Santorum brings up things Obama said that he thinks were mean and divisive in order to show Trump isn't that much worse than Obama.  Basically invoking the same tired worn out idea that my guy's crap is okay because your own guy is guilty of crap.  

So Whoopi hops on her high horse and responds to it all by suggesting that anything said about Trump is justified because people said all this mean stuff about Obama FIRST so tough toenails, you are getting it back now.  

Isn't that just the same shitty reasoning Santorum used?  You guys pulled some shady shit so that means our shady shit is okay ...  Well, sorry but I am just sick of this whole thing about using what someone you don't like did to excuse the behavior of someone you do like.  That doesn't work for five-year-olds and it doesn't work any better for talk show hosts or idiot Senators (or whatever the hell job Santorum has now).  Anyway.

Joy is a dumb ass for her "don't say mental m*****" but calling someone a "mental little person" is okay.  Yeah, I know it was another one of her stupid attempts to "be funny" but all she did was replace one slur (m*****) by taking a socially acceptable phrase (little person) and using that as a slur.  She was trying to be cute but only ended up being as offensive as the person she was mocking. 

I am watching off my DVR and I have not even got to the Coulter interview yet.  I am thinking it may actually be possible that she will piss me off less than Joy and Whoopi today!  

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 6

I haven't watched for a while, happened to be near a tv today.  Not much has changed.  I see Whoops still can't afford a new scarf.  And the SAME twitter/facebook accounts are being put on the bottom of the screen with pro-trump comments the minute the hot topic segment starts. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Paula was on last Friday. 

I thought she was on every Friday,I have to use my PVR then, and often forget. Thanks for the reminder.I liked her on all the time, because I can't take too much of Whoopi or Joy.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, tvaddict44 said:

Are we sure that Barbara is still behind the scenes? I haven't heard anyone mention her in forever - thought she may be sick or infirm?  Not wishing that - just wondering...

Since we haven't seen Barbara in the media, my guess is that she has aged out of any official jobs or positions on TV.  She has always been hopelessly square and master of the obvious.  Put some age on that one and it is not a pretty picture.  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, tvaddict44 said:

Are we sure that Barbara is still behind the scenes? I haven't heard anyone mention her in forever - thought she may be sick or infirm?  Not wishing that - just wondering...

I read about 7 months ago, she was still behind the scenes, to what extent I don't know. I'd say very little, she still considers this her baby..

• Love 1
9 hours ago, cinsays said:

Wow.....really scraping the bottom of the barrel this week  - Coulter, Rimes and creepy Dr Drew.  Good grief.  Guess I can miss all of the week except for catching Wanda on Friday.

So I wasn't reading as closely as I should have and all I saw was Rimes, and all I could think was, "Why would Shonda Rimes be on this show!" LOL! I see now it's LeAnn Rimes, which considering the state of her career and this show makes more sense. LOL! 

I might have to check out Wanda Friday. 

• Love 1

I think Wanda is really funny & I'm hoping she's coming on the show to plug the return of that comedy show she was part of for new people in the business.  They had a few hilarious guys/gals on last year & I watched every show.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

They mentioned and congratulated a few of the talk show winners, including GMA. I was surprised that they didn't mention that General Hospital won for best daytime drama.

I only watched the Coulter segment. Did they congratulate The Talk?

• Love 2
(edited)

They mentioned and congratulated a few of the talk show winners, including GMA. I was surprised that they didn't mention that General Hospital won for best daytime drama.

They also congratulated The Talk for winning for best hosts and Ellen for best show.   

I thought she was on every Friday.  I have to use my PVR then, and often forget. Thanks for the reminder.  I liked her on all the time. 

Not every Friday, but most of them.  She sometimes pops up during the week when someone is off/away.  

Edited by A.J.
misspelled a word
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, A.J. said:

The also congratulated The Talk for winning for best hosts and Ellen for best show.   

Not every Friday, but most of them.  She sometimes pops up during the week when someone is off/away.  

Thankyou for the info,

• Love 1
(edited)

Wow, I'm surprised so many dislike Wanda Sykes. I've always loved her, personally, and think she's hilarious. I think she could make a good moderator if they were looking for someone new to replace Whoopi.

Not that I think Coulter is any less harmful, but I can't see her as anything more than a shill. She was practically laughing while she delivered her talking points today. This is all just $$$ for her and she's shooting out as many absurdities as possible to appeal to the Trump base.

During Topics, I couldn't help laughing at Jedi's faux concerned face while Whoopi was talking. Of course she would go berserk when Sunny brought up the skinheads at Trump's rally.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Not that I think Coulter is any less harmful, but I can't see her as anything more than a shill. She was practically laughing while she delivered her talking points today. This is all just $$$ for her and she's shooting out as many absurdities as possible to appeal to the Trump base.

Yeah, that interview didn't go at all the way I expected.  Coulter was almost laughing at herself as she was spewing her rubbish talking ... like even she doesn't take the stuff she says seriously any more.  She pretty much just churns out a thin book or two a year and makes the rounds promoting it in order to line her pockets.  Her act has become quite boring and predictable. 

This thing with Berkeley canceling her was the best thing that's happened to her in a while.  I've no doubt she was *thrilled* when they finally pulled the plug so she could go around whining about it. Although I do suspect she would have preferred to be the subject of a Milo Yiannopoulos style mini riot.  Too bad, Ann, you're not that important. 

• Love 13
17 hours ago, backformore said:

I haven't watched for a while, happened to be near a tv today.  Not much has changed.  I see Whoops still can't afford a new scarf.  And the SAME twitter/facebook accounts are being put on the bottom of the screen with pro-trump comments the minute the hot topic segment starts. 

Especially tweets by some jerk named Pee Wee..nice handle, pal! They always, always post his/her stupid pro-Trump nonsense. C'mon guys!! Mix it up a bit! Maybe sticking to the same tired old formulas, is why you didn't get the Emmy!

• Love 1

I find Wanda Sykes funny.  I loathe Dr. Drew, so won't tune in for that one.  How did they handle Coulter?  I didn't have the stomach for her.  I suppose she cried about free speech.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, useryikes said:

I find Wanda Sykes funny.  I loathe Dr. Drew, so won't tune in for that one.  How did they handle Coulter?  I didn't have the stomach for her.  I suppose she cried about free speech.  

Actually it was okay. Whoopi was polite( Emmy' next year maybe)  Joy didnt roll her eyes too much, and Anne wasn't out there. 

• Love 1

I wasn't watching today--just hearing background noise while they were discussing Trump and "diplomacy."  I wasn't hearing the words, but BOY, Jedidiah's rat-a-tat-tat jumble is ANNOYING!  She stops each person's conversation with her lightning-round attack-speech.   I guess she's gonna outlast me.

• Love 4

Ann Coulter and the Jedi are way too much blather on the same panel.

I thank the heavens for Joy every day now b/c I truly understand and share her dismay regarding "the new one".  It helps my sanity to know that she speaks out exactly what I'm thinking and feeling.  She even earns a standing ovation from me from time to time.  Bless you, Joy...

• Love 8

Hey, does anybody else find themselves saying "shut the F*** up Bitch to the television whenever Jedi is yapping. God, I tell you I am just about through with this show because of her. She looks like evil monster and she is an idiot.  Okay, I feel better now folks. Thanks! 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Hey, does anybody else find themselves saying "shut the F*** up Bitch to the television whenever Jedi is yapping. God, I tell you I am just about through with this show because of her. She looks like evil monster and she is an idiot.  Okay, I feel better now folks. Thanks! 

No, that's me and whoopi! I cannot stand that woman or the way she dresses like she isnt on TV.. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

I concur....she doesn't realize she is obese either and her shoes are ugly....Girl, I am on a roll today being bitchy. Snort.

I concur....she doesn't realize she is obese either and her shoes are ugly....Girl, I am on a roll today being bitchy. Snort.

LOL, me too!!

• Love 1

Hey, does anybody else find themselves saying "shut the F*** up Bitch to the television whenever Jedi is yapping. 

Yes, regularly.  It's to the point now that I don't even care what Jed says (it's not like she really believes anything she says anyway) because the way she says it is so damn annoying.  It's like being hit with verbal machine gun fire, just bambambambambambambambamabam!!!! 

Has anyone ever heard Jed speaking on Fox? Did she always talk like this or is it something she has decided to do on this show because she wants to have her say without being cut off? Because if that's her strategy it's backfiring.  I simply stop listening to her when she goes into warp drive and whatever it is that she thinks is soooo important to say goes completely unheard.

• Love 10

I agree Celia....and get very irritated when she repeats and says I agree BUT and continues on over and over and throws in I'm a moderate conservative or libertarian or whatever suits her at that moment. What crap and a real waste of time.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Fanny Mare said:

Now its constant bashing of Trump, day after day after day.

With Whoopi's confounding inarticulation, Jediblahblah's ridiculousness, Sarah's goofiness, the constant shilling of worthless products, the Z-list guests and awful production values, the constant Trump-bashing is the only reason to watch nowadays.

• Love 13

I might add Joy and the constant Trump bashing is the only reason to watch nowadays. I tuned in yesterday specifically to watch Joy and Coulter get into it. 

Friday is Joy moderator day and no matter how boring the guest I will watch just because she is in charge and the feeling is probably mutual with the rest of the panel too but heaven forbid anyone admit to it.

• Love 20
18 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

With Whoopi's confounding inarticulation, Jediblahblah's ridiculousness, Sarah's goofiness, the constant shilling of worthless products, the Z-list guests and awful production values, the constant Trump-bashing is the only reason to watch nowadays.

Who is the lawyer, Sunny? What a pita she is, I'm not fond of lawyers on talk shows anyway. But I can't watch her either. This show has been off my DVR before the election, mostly because of who won, and it showed what lousy, petty losers they are on The View. Nasty doesn't brighten my day, but, each to their own though..

Who is the lawyer, Sunny? What a pita she is, I'm not fond of lawyers on talk shows anyway.

I really disagree. The viewing audience needs to hear from people who know what they're talking about. On legal issues a lawyer's voice is important. Whoopi and Jedi's rants, not so much. 

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

I really disagree. The viewing audience needs to hear from people who know what they're talking about. On legal issues a lawyer's voice is important. Whoopi and Jedi's rants, not so much. 

I mute her usually. I caught part of what she said today, and all I could think was rubbish. I don't think viewers need a lawyer on a talk snow, CNN overflows with them. Anyway, its jmho.No biggie.

18 minutes ago, Fanny Mare said:

I mute her usually. I caught part of what she said today, and all I could think was rubbish. I don't think viewers need a lawyer on a talk snow,

I agree with @merriebreeze on this. Especially since when they're talking about issues or topics that have to with legalities and the law, this show definitely needs to hear from someone who is well versed in the law instead of letting the gasbags blather on about what they think they know about the law.

• Love 11