Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: The Politics of Friendship

• Start Topic

50 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Do you think Ramona will ever become more self-aware? She's so arrogant and smug and condescending.

Or do you think, deep down, she realizes that she's overcompensating for enormous insecurities and low self esteem?

I think the easy answer is "no". She doesn't have the ability to self reflect or accurately understand anything about the way other people view her and why they view her the way they do. 

There is an interesting article over on Bravo, where she talks about seeing Alex again. There was one thing she said that perfectly summarized Ramona and her inability to be self-aware. This...

"However, she noted, "I don't think she's really changed that much. I know I've changed a lot. I change every year, and I think change is good. I think life is like a shark -- you got to keep moving and keep it going otherwise you die."

Since leaving RHONY, Alex and her family settled into life in Australia. And now Alex is pursuing a career in psychology. Ramona added, "The new Ramona will say I find her going into psychology quite interesting."

Has Ramona changed? I know some people think she is more of an asshole, but I think she is pretty much the same. Has her life changed? Well, yea, because Mario cheated on her. Otherwise, she is the same. Alex seems to have completely changed her life. Moving to another country, which while I have never done it, I will assume changes so much about your life and your perspective. Just having the interest or courage to take such a leap says a lot. And she is studying to become a Psychologist, which is a far cry from what her professional goals use to be. And Simon is going to Law School. How can Ramona not think Alex has changed, while Ramona has? And she uses it as kind of a dig against Alex, which is the way Ramona was 9 years ago, and the way she is today. 

• Love 17
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:31 PM, Trooper York said:

Hey I hear Carole is going door to door in Paris. 

She's loves her a candidate who married a woman who is thirty years older.

She thinks that's way cool.

That's only cool if it's a candidate who married a woman who is thirty years younger. {pls note sarcasm}

• Love 1
6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

For a more authentic feel, can you and ryebread re-name the car Baby?

Snapchat videos would be appreciated

A ve-e-ddy interesting idea, Bunz. With a mild alteration to film noire's current moniker, they could start an online series called:

On the Road with Bread, Black and Baby

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

That's only cool if it's a candidate who married a woman who is thirty years younger. {pls note sarcasm}

Well you know that if we didn't have a double standard we would not have any standards at all.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

A ve-e-ddy interesting idea, Bunz. With a mild alteration to film noire's current moniker, they could start an online series called:

I think with film noir pushing all the bu"ons, it might be too distracting for ryebread especially if the wind shield wipers suddenly start or the radio and dvd player go on at full blast. They'll be driving really slow so I'm gonna ask Adam to follow behind on his bike

oZAX9CDApsg9X4BFYlbMJ6-MczM6L2XJoKat-csy

• Love 5
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:06 AM, lunastartron said:

Here ya go.

There are actually others in which Carole indicts Melania's "pussy shots"; wonders why anyone would be interested in what "this woman has to say" because of whom she's married to (yet at the same time argues that Bill Clinton is totally separate from his wife because spouses shouldn't be judged by each other). This doesn't even touch upon the contradictory commentary about sexual assault as related to the election that she put forth. 

Feminism for the win! 

image.png

Compassion. 

image.png

Not to totally beat a dead horse,  it if we look at the beginning of this tweetstorm, it starts with a comment (by her great friend) about the hypocrisy of Melania saying she's concerned about cyber-bullying, when I think (?) most would agree she is married to one of the biggest twitter cyber-bullies out there.  It was a one deaf comment (IMO one of many by folks supporting trump), and it screamed out for a response.  Then add the incredibly racist things said about the First Lady, add in Trump's claims that his wife would be a "classy" First Lady (implicitly or explicitly versus the then current First Lady) and we get to questions about having the first First Lady to have nudie shots in the public domain. 

Could Carole have commented on the racism without reference to Melanie?  Sure, but it was not totally out of the blue for the series of tweets.  

And thanks to the posters linking to 2 of the worst dancers in housewives history!  The lack of recognition by both Ramona and Alex is awesome.

[Apologies everyone, I have no idea why I wrote fascism instead of racism in the second to last paragraph, it was not intentional.  Corrected now.]

Edited by Mrs peel
used the wrong word
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think with film noir pushing all the bu"ons, it might be too distracting for ryebread especially if the wind shield wipers suddenly start or the radio and dvd player go on at full blast. They'll be driving really slow so I'm gonna ask Adam to follow behind on his bike

Will Adam be wearing Carole's xs turtleneck? 

• Love 5
On 5/5/2017 at 5:23 PM, motorcitymom65 said:

But don't you think she has done much more than that? Do your eyes look like that as you age? She has denied anything invasive to her face, which I just do not believe, and I don't think anyone else does either. She did admit to the boobs, but only after denying it for a year. 

Exactly. She shows the little stuff - Botox, fillers, lazers, etc. But I think she's had actual SURGERY. I'm no expert, but she just looks more and more plastic every year. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, film noire said:

I dig your posts, MCM 65 (imagine me in a beatnik beret -- and those damn pigtails -- throwing jazz hands as I say that)  but THOSE ARE FIGHTING WORDS.

CLEARLY,  SONJA'S EXPERTISE IS ALL THINGS BIDET. 

IN FACT, SHE'S WORKING ON A COMBO BIDET /TOASTER OVEN EVEN AS WE POST. IT CAN WASH YOUR PANTIES AND REHEAT LOBSTER THERMIDOR AT THE SAME TIME.

Sonja is also a Sharpie expert. Let's not forget. 

And what was it she was working on with the Nigerian football team?

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Sonja is also a Sharpie expert. Let's not forget. 

Not real sure here .... but.....team positions?

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, steelcitysister said:

I'm in!  (And  @ryebread? You're doing all the "ass by God"  shots.)

43 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

It all started with this:

"Dear Ms Morgan: please permit me to make your acquaintance. I am a Nigerian prince who owns many castles, football teams and gold mines. I heard you were a close friend of JFK Jr and this request may seem strange and unsolicited but I crave your indulgence, for I need a trustworthy  -- and  breathtakingly beautiful -- foreign partner to help me move diplomatic funds across borders. If you are willing to assist me, please contact me  with all your personal information to discuss the modalities and what will be your share (percentage) for assisting us. Thank you and God Bless. Best  Regards, Prince Abadon."

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10
On 5/6/2017 at 11:53 PM, film noire said:

Her last job as a journalist was on the front lines in Afghanistan, embedded with the 101st airborne -- not twenty years ago, but in 2004 -- she won a Peabody and three Emmys (one Emmy was for a story about a real fluff topic: land mines in Cambodia).  She may be lying but at least publicly, she cites both the right leaning Wall Street Journal and the left leaning The Atlantic as reading material. She is friends and a former colleague of the people who report the news (and hear the news that can't be reported at all). I can't stand the woman but she absolutely has bragging rights when it comes to claiming she has legit credentials in this arena. 

She has credentials, but it doesn't make her more knowledgeable than others....and honestly you just don't say shit like that.   Carole could have one 20 Peabodys, but she's now on a reality show.   I like Carole, but her arrogance turned me off here.

• Love 3
On 5/7/2017 at 10:09 AM, Martinigirl said:

Here's hoping he met someone else at Ramona's B-Day party. I'm certain were plenty of single women in the group. It was a surprising turnout. I really would have thought Carole would have the bigger turnout at her election party. Looked to be about ten people....and three were Bethenny's friends. I felt for the poor restaurant owner.  

Every year Ramona throws a party and all her girlfriends are in attendance. There was one year Bethenny went - didn't she compare it to walking into the Star Wars Cantina?

UguEoE3.gif

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

She has credentials, but it doesn't make her more knowledgeable than others....and honestly you just don't say shit like that.   Carole could have one 20 Peabodys, but she's now on a reality show.   I like Carole, but her arrogance turned me off here.

...but doesn't it though?  I've never reported from a war zone.  I've never been embedded in US troops in Afghanistan.  I've never interviewed politicians.  I've never worked in news and I don't have contacts in any major news organizations.  Yes, Carole is on a reality show, but that doesn't mean her experience is erased. It still exists.  

I am a political junkie.  I watch the news, pretty much all day, everyday.  I consume political news in all forms on a daily basis, I know who the players are (even the pretty obscure ones) and I can usually speak fairly intelligently about what is currently happening in our political system at any given time.  I believe I am more informed than the "average" voter.  I think the "average" voter just doesn't care the way that I care, they aren't interested in it the way I am and they are bored by the whole thing.  Even for my politically minded friends, I am usually way more into politics than they are....it is arrogant to say that?  I don't think so.  I'm a political wonk.  That's just how it is....perhaps Carole is, too.  

I feel like because it's politics (and maybe Carole's politics in particular that others don't share) that it's "arrogant" to say that you know more than average, but if it were say, Heather or Bethenny, and the conversation was about branding or marketing, would it be arrogant for them to state that maybe they know a little more about that issue than others?

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 13

but if it were say, Heather or Bethenny, and the conversation was about branding or marketing, would it be arrogant for them to state that maybe they know a little more about that issue than others?

It would be if you're condescending to them and come at them from the angle of being the know-it-all, rather than the person who can tactfully offer a suggestion.

Yes, Carole is on a reality show, but that doesn't mean her experience is erased. It still exists.  

It does, but for all of the pontificating she did, a fat load of good all of her knowledge and sources were.  None of them figured out that the climate of the country turned against their candidate (or she couldn't admit it), nor did they figure out that Hillary ignored key states that went from blue to red.  She might want to investigate what happened there rather than keep blaming conspiracy theories.  The emails were just a small part of Hillary's problem.  As I've said several times, many of us have had a front row seat to the Clinton's behavior all of our adult life, and that factored in to how we voted.  It was a pattern of behavior, not necessarily one issue, per se.  I don't think Carole understands this.  It's easier to blame us "uneducated voters" and conspiracy theories, rather than face the truth.  Most people I know didn't want another Bush or Clinton in the White House.   Carole might want to consider this angle too. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/6/2017 at 10:09 AM, Martinigirl said:

Dancing lessons from Ramona lol

I wonder if she got her file on Sonja from her other friend Hillary?

Dear Lord, this is the BEST. COMMENT. EVER!!! I sure needed this laugh after the day I've had but my phone didn't like the Diet Dr. Pepper BATH it just got LOL 

Edited by HahYallDoin
Typo

This episode was a little strange. I get that Carole is upset about the election, but it doesn't make for the best story line. And then she cut out Ramona because she likes Trump, or at least doesn't trust Hillary. Whatever-- what a jerk only being friends with people on your side of the political spectrum. Besides, Bethanny doesn't care either and is always making fun of Carole for her politics, but it only bothers Carole if Ramona does it? Again, whatever.

I liked the "Irish exit" that Luanne talked about. That's my favorite exit. I didn't know it had a name. Yay!

Ramona is endearing to me. Though she says that she feels 45, she acts like a little old lady. A little crazy, clueless, and just delightfully unaware. Asking Bethanny if her daughter has been approached about her nude flick was laughable. IMO, she looks about, uh, 60!

• Love 1
On 5/8/2017 at 7:36 PM, ChitChat said:

It would be if you're condescending to them and come at them from the angle of being the know-it-all, rather than the person who can tactfully offer a suggestion.

It does, but for all of the pontificating she did, a fat load of good all of her knowledge and sources were.  None of them figured out that the climate of the country turned against their candidate (or she couldn't admit it), nor did they figure out that Hillary ignored key states that went from blue to red.  She might want to investigate what happened there rather than keep blaming conspiracy theories.  The emails were just a small part of Hillary's problem.  As I've said several times, many of us have had a front row seat to the Clinton's behavior all of our adult life, and that factored in to how we voted.  It was a pattern of behavior, not necessarily one issue, per se.  I don't think Carole understands this.  It's easier to blame us "uneducated voters" and conspiracy theories, rather than face the truth.  Most people I know didn't want another Bush or Clinton in the White House.   Carole might want to consider this angle too. 

I don't believe she has ever said she doesn't understand why folks might have been turned off by HRC. At least I've not heard her say it. I also don't think she doesn't understand why some folks were desperate by their own circumstances to believe in something they saw in DT. I think she gets the dynamics of it all, but she just didn't believe in her heart that he could win. She thought they were being lied to. She didn't think that in the end folks would believe what he was saying. There were a lot of comments about what Carole wore to do her canvassing. Talk that she would turn off Trump or conservative voters by appearing wealthy and Elitist, and this was apparently evidence that she just doesn't get it (although I think the point was to get the Dems out to the polls). Really? That is the thing and it is a such a good commentary on how many people on both sides don't always get it right. Why would they be turned off by Carole's expensive or fancy clothes? Especially if they were willing to look the other way for a dude in a $2000 suit with his name on it, manufactured in another country, all the while telling these same people that it is such a shame that we have no manufacturing left in this country. When as a billionaire (supposedly), he could make a few less pennies on his clothes if he were actually concerned about jobs in this country. Carole, like me and millions of others, simply didn't think at the end of the day that folks would be able to shut their eyes to such compelling evidence. She didn't think that so many would fall for the "do as I say not as I do" jargon. It doesn't make her less informed. It made her more hopeful because she just didn't think this was possible. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Every year Ramona throws a party and all her girlfriends are in attendance. There was one year Bethenny went - didn't she compare it to walking into the Star Wars Cantina?

UguEoE3.gif

LOL!!!  Bethenny has the best one liners! 

4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Sonja said she had spunk.

I'll say!

Oh, my.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

It does, but for all of the pontificating she did, a fat load of good all of her knowledge and sources were.  None of them figured out that the climate of the country turned against their candidate (or she couldn't admit it), nor did they figure out that Hillary ignored key states that went from blue to red.  She might want to investigate what happened there rather than keep blaming conspiracy theories.  

I don't believe that being more informed than the "average voter" equates to knowing exactly how tens of millions of people are going to vote.  I don't really think that Carole can be blamed for not accurately gauging the "climate of the country" when the election was decided by an anomaly in the Electoral College (I'm gonna call it a glitch) resulting in a candidate being elected with 3 million fewer votes than his opponent.  

IMO, Carole being more informed than average or having more experiences or credentials from which to draw is not negated by the fact that her chosen candidate didn't win enough electoral votes to be inaugurated. 

• Love 12
(edited)

She thought they were being lied to. She didn't think that in the end folks would believe what he was saying. There were a lot of comments about what Carole wore to do her canvassing. Talk that she would turn off Trump or conservative voters by appearing wealthy and Elitist, and this was apparently evidence that she just doesn't get it (although I think the point was to get the Dems out to the polls)

Well, people believed that they could keep their health insurance if they liked it, but that turned out to be a big fat lie.  Politicians lie.  She needed to look at her own candidate before throwing stones at anybody eIse.  I seriously doubt that conservative voters would've been turned off by how she dressed.  If she was condescending, then yes, they'd shut her down quickly.   The biggest turn off is whenever Hillary would campaign in the South and then proceed to use the worst southern accent known to man!  It's really insulting and funny at the same time. 

I don't believe that being more informed than the "average voter" equates to knowing exactly how tens of millions of people are going to vote.  I don't really think that Carole can be blamed for not accurately gauging the "climate of the country"

Carole said that because of her number of sources, she could "read between the lines."   I guess she didn't believe those that were sounding the alarm bells because she already knew best.  She didn't gauge it because she was in her own bubble.  The anti-establishment mood was out there the entire year before the election.  How could she ignore that?  I don't know how many times I heard the words "anti-establishment," but it was enough that Carole should've heard it too.  Wasn't it a clue to her when Jeb Bush went down in flames?  People were tired of the same old dynasties in D.C. 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Carole said that because of her number of sources, she could "read between the lines."   I guess she didn't believe those that were sounding the alarm bells because she already knew best.  She didn't gauge it because she was in her own bubble.  The anti-establishment mood was out there the entire year before the election.  How could she ignore that?  I don't know how many times I heard the words "anti-establishment," but it was enough that Carole should've heard it too.  Wasn't it a clue to her when Jeb Bush went down in flames?  People were tired of the same old dynasties in D.C. 

I don't believe that Carole ignored or did not know that there was an "anti-establishment" mood that was happening in parts of the country outside her "bubble".  One candidate getting 3 million more votes but not getting elected is kind of an out of the ordinary situation.  That Carole didn't forecast the outcome of a lose the popular vote, win the electoral college election doesn't mean she isn't/wasn't more informed than average, IMO.  There is being informed about issues and there is being clairvoyant.  They aren't one in the same. 

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Well, people believed that they could keep their health insurance if they liked it, but that turned out to be a big fat lie.  

Who the heck likes their health insurance company?

• Love 2

There is being informed about issues and there is being clairvoyant

True, and I don't expect her to be clairvoyant, but there were a lot of people for whom the outcome was not a total shock.  It was a plausible outcome for some, although not guaranteed.   As "in-the-know" as she claimed to be, it seems to me that she and those surrounding her missed the warning signs.  DT campaigned in my state twice, and I spoke to people who were at one of the rallies.  They said the enthusiasm and number of people there was Yuge! 

Honestly, I'm not trying to argue with anybody on here, I'm merely stating that Carole appeared to be more out-of-touch with the reality of the situation than what she realized.  All of her credible sources, and none of them knew how much DT's rallies were firing up his supporters?  I find that hard to believe.  I could see how Bernie's crowds reacted to him, and that was just through short news stories.  I knew that he and his followers had something going on in that campaign!   Carole claims that "most voters are uninformed."  I think she was uninformed as to the reality of how people were fired up for DT's message.  I get it that Carole feels like she knows a different side to him living in NYC, but she has to throw that way of thinking out the window.  People overlooked many of his faults - just like they do with every candidate - and went the anti-establishment route.   Just like with Hillary, people my age have watched both of them our entire adult lives and judged them based on many years of observation.  It wasn't a singular issue for many folks. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Anyone else find it odd that Carole's Mom has never met Adam? 

• Love 5

I thought that was odd too.  How can she not have time to introduce them?  Or did she say it just never crosses her mind?  I can't remember. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

I wouldn't have thought anything of it when they first started dating.

How long has it been now 2 or 3 years?

Now, it's a bit odd - if Carole is as close to her mom as she claims, I don't think this was her moms first time asking to meet Adam.

• Love 4
Just now, ChitChat said:

I thought that was odd too.  How can she not have time to introduce them?  Or did she say it just never crosses her mind?  I can't remember. 

It was weird. Telling Mom they're shacking up. It's nice. He's good with animals  WTF?  

• Love 1
Just now, KungFuBunny said:

Now, it's a bit odd - if Carole is as close to her mom as she claims, I don't think this was her moms first time asking to meet Adam.

Carole's Mom didn't even seem to give a flying #$%@ 

• Love 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

True, and I don't expect her to be clairvoyant, but there were a lot of people for whom the outcome was not a total shock.  It was a plausible outcome for some, although not guaranteed.   As "in-the-know" as she claimed to be, it seems to me that she and those surrounding her missed the warning signs.  DT campaigned in my state twice, and I spoke to people who were at one of the rallies.  They said the enthusiasm and number of people there was Yuge! 

Honestly, I'm not trying to argue with anybody on here, I'm merely stating that Carole appeared to be more out-of-touch with the reality of the situation than what she realized.  All of her credible sources, and none of them knew how much DT's rallies were firing up his supporters?  I find that hard to believe.  I could see how Bernie's crowds reacted to him, and that was just through short news stories.  I knew that he and his followers had something going on in that campaign!   Carole claims that "most voters are uninformed."  I think she was uninformed as to the reality of how people were fired up for DT's message.  I get it that Carole feels like she knows a different side to him living in NYC, but she has to throw that way of thinking out the window.  People overlooked many of his faults - just like they do with every candidate - and went the anti-establishment route.   Just like with Hillary, people my age have watched both of them our entire adult lives and judged them based on many years of observation.  It wasn't a singular issue for many folks. 

I think perhaps we are talking about different things.  Understanding issues and understanding voters.  I think Carole is probably more informed on issues than the "average" voter, as she claimed.

Did she misjudge the electorate?  Perhaps.....but only to an extent, given that the electorate went one way and the electoral college went another.  

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Do you think maybe Mom has met the same guy (Adam) quite a few times over the years. She didn't even ask Carole one question about the guy. 

• Love 2
(edited)
22 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I think Carole is probably more informed on issues than the "average" voter, as she claimed.

Did she misjudge the electorate?  Perhaps.....but only to an extent, given that the electorate went one way and the electoral college went another.  

I think she's as informed as being in her bubble will allow.

She says she was living and breathing the election. But WHAT was she living and breathing? Because she sure wasn't paying attention to what the opposition was looking at. And that's precisely why I don't think she's as well rounded as she thinks she is. She thought it was going to be a Hillary landslide. That her party was going to be a "victory celebration". How did she miss the cues that Trump was going to flip so many states if she was paying attention? I'm convinced she wasn't.

So again, imo, she was thoroughly informed -  but primarily to what was going on in her bubble.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

There were a lot of comments about what Carole wore to do her canvassing. Talk that she would turn off Trump or conservative voters by appearing wealthy and Elitist, and this was apparently evidence that she just doesn't get it (although I think the point was to get the Dems out to the polls).

How funny.  I didn't read those comments as Carole turning off Trump or conservative voters! I thought y'all were talking about her turning off the Dems. LOL. I'll have to go back and read.

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I think she's as informed as being in her bubble will allow.

She says she was living and breathing the election. But WHAT was she living and breathing? Because she sure wasn't paying attention to what the opposition was looking at. And that's precisely why I don't think she's as well rounded as she thinks she is. She thought it was going to be a Hillary landslide. That her party was going to be a "victory celebration". How did she miss the cues that Trump was going to flip so many states if she was paying attention? I'm convinced she wasn't.

So again, imo, she was thoroughly informed -  but primarily to what was going on in her bubble.

Of course, there is no denying that Carole made the landslide comment, but it seemed that in the week(s) leading up to the election, she wasn't so confident. I believe at her party she was down right petrified, so the idea that she wasn't paying attention doesn't ring true to me.  The vibe that I picked up was one of disbelief, not of ignorance.  

We saw Carole get outside her "bubble" and put her feet on the ground in a swing state.  That is pretty admirable IMO and shows me that she really did care about the election.  I certainly did not do that!  The vast majority of people on both sides of the aisle stay in their "bubble" (whether they be more liberal urban "bubbles" or more rural conservative "bubbles")...Carole at least got out of hers and put some action behind her beliefs.  Kudos, Carole!

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, shoegal said:

The vast majority of people on both sides of the aisle stay in their "bubble"...Carole at least got out of hers and put some action behind her beliefs.  Kudos, Carole!

Pity about the vast majority in their bubbles. If they are still in, I hope they come out. Whatever side of the aisle they're on. Our group of friends went to rallies for Hillary, Bernie and Donald. I've got to believe if the ten of us stepped out of our bubbles, there were many more who did too. I have no idea if Carole went to a Bernie or Trump rally or not, but if she had, I don't think she would have been so confident about a landslide. I sat in a packed amphitheater for Trump in Detroit. At one point I turned around and saw a sea...a SEA...of United Auto Workers with union signs supporting him. That's when I knew Hillary was in trouble. Members of the UAW rarely/never vote Republican.

I honestly can't see Carole attending a rally for a candidate she didn't support. She seems really closed minded when it comes to politics.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ryebread said:

I honestly can't see Carole attending a rally for a candidate she didn't support. She seems really closed minded when it comes to politics.

Come to think of it, did Carole even attend a rally for Hillary? As rabid a supporter as she is, you"d think there would be pictures all over her Instagram if she did.

Many pictures of her ass, yes. And salads. No rally pictures that I can remember.

(edited)
39 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Pity about the vast majority in their bubbles. If they are still in, I hope they come out. Whatever side of the aisle they're on. Our group of friends went to rallies for Hillary, Bernie and Donald. I've got to believe if the ten of us stepped out of our bubbles, there were many more who did too. I have no idea if Carole went to a Bernie or Trump rally or not, but if she had, I don't think she would have been so confident about a landslide. I sat in a packed amphitheater for Trump in Detroit. At one point I turned around and saw a sea...a SEA...of United Auto Workers with union signs supporting him. That's when I knew Hillary was in trouble. Members of the UAW rarely/never vote Republican.

Is this out of the ordinary?  I will admit that I've only been to one campaign rally in my life, it was in the 2004 election, and it was not exactly a life changing experience!  LOL...but I generally assume that the majority of people who are attending a rally are supporters of that candidate.  I honestly can't see myself attending a rally for a candidate I don't support.  I'd have to be talked into attending a rally for a candidate that I do support!  I am happy to watch your rally from the comfort of my own home, whether I agree or not, and I watched many.  I am guessing Carole watched some Trump rallies, it was hard to miss them!  I certainly don't fault her for not flying across the country to attend one in person.  

At the end of the day, Carole supported a candidate that was supported by a majority of voters, but was not elected.  This was an out of the ordinary election result with a popular vote/electoral college discrepancy.  Carole obviously cared about the election, paid attention, got active and put her hopes into her candidate of choice.  I don't see that as closed minded.  YMMV. 

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

Not to totally beat a dead horse,  it if we look at the beginning of this tweetstorm, it starts with a comment (by her great friend) about the hypocrisy of Melania saying she's concerned about cyber-bullying, when I think (?) most would agree she is married to one of the biggest twitter cyber-bullies out there.  It was a one deaf comment (IMO one of many by folks supporting trump), and it screamed out for a response.  Then add the incredibly racist things said about the First Lady, add in Trump's claims that his wife would be a "classy" First Lady (implicitly or explicitly versus the then current First Lady) and we get to questions about having the first First Lady to have nudie shots in the public domain. 

Could Carole have commented on the fascism without reference to Melanie?  Sure, but it was not totally out of the blue for the series of tweets.  

And thanks to the posters linking to 2 of the worst dancers in housewives history!  The lack of recognition by both Ramona and Alex is awesome.

Amen! I don't believe for one moment that they don't both know they suck at dancing. This comes from the woman who has never figured out how to do more than 'shuffle' when slow dancing. Despite my efforts. You can't not know that you are flailing around and should take a damn seat. It isn't possible to be deluded that much when you have two clunky left feet. 

My son's Senior Prom was a month ago. There is a first dance for moms/dads after callouts. On the damn dance floor with the roaming spotlights and upper levels of the arena filled with 'spectators(1,000+). Anyway, my mom(who I credit with my inability to dance and my lack of rhythm) and I headed down to the floor while my husband and daughter watched from their seats and filmed it. Let me say that my son won't be tearing up a dance floor voluntarily but thanks to Cottilion and Ballroom in 6th and 7th grade, he is 500 times better than we are. I participated back in my day too but again, it just didn't click. 

The first song, which was also the theme of Prom, was 'Sitting on the Dock of the Bay,' which we expected and had all 3 'run through' a couple of times in the days beforehand. Well, wouldn't you know, the damn band played it on effing steroids! Like an effing dance club remix! Oh and the second song was 'Beautiful' by 1Direction so yet another fast paced tune. We all three exchanged dubious looks, laughed and proceeded to lean against the stage while everyone else twirled their way gracefully and effortlessly across the dance floor. My son is pretty popular and not the shy type(neither are my mom and I) so we must've had, no joke, 30 people call out 'E, stop standing there and dance with your grandmother' or 'E, dip your mom,' etc. 

We drew a lot of unwanted attention by not dancing and just hanging there talking and watching everyone else but rest assured, if we had attempted dancing, we would have made complete asses of ourselves. So, it was better to stand still and be thought inept than to fling ourselves into it and remove all doubt LOL 

All of that to say that there is no way on God's green Earth that Ramona and Alex can even consider that they may not be all that bad. I wouldn't dance at a damn high school prom and these two show what they can't do in spectacular fashion for millions of us to watch, dissect and snark about for years. Insane! But who am I to judge since misery loves company ;)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, shoegal said:

Of course, there is no denying that Carole made the landslide comment, but it seemed that in the week(s) leading up to the election, she wasn't so confident. I believe at her party she was down right petrified, so the idea that she wasn't paying attention doesn't ring true to me.  The vibe that I picked up was one of disbelief, not 

We saw Carole get outside her "bubble" and put her feet on the ground in a swing state.  That is pretty admirable IMO and shows me that she really did care about the election.  I certainly did not do that!  The vast majority of people on both sides of the aisle stay in their "bubble" (whether they be more liberal urban "bubbles" or more rural conservative "bubbles")...Carole at least got out of hers and put some action behind her beliefs.  Kudos, Carole!

I was out of my bubble right before the election and met people from the Midwest who didn't personally know anyone who was voting for Clinton. That was a new one for me.  Talk about airtight bubbles!  

56 minutes ago, ryebread said:

i wouldn't expect Carole to get any new info from a rally. And at her age, she knows her beliefs, she knew enough about Hilary,and Trump, they've  both have been around for ages. A rally wouldn't change that. plus we all saw those rallies on tv and I wouldn't feel comfortable at one of those, I doubt someone like Carole would either. 

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Is this out of the ordinary?  

I can't imagine NOT going to a rally during a presidential election  They only happen every four years and are fun.  Going to opposing candidates' might be less ordinary, but we didn't like any of them at first and live in the Motor City where they were all stumping hard - although we travelled 2 hours for Bernie. My 18 year old saw Bernie and Trump, twice. Hillary once. It was his first year to vote. I'm glad he thinks attending opposing candidates rallies is the norm.  He's no boy in a bubble. I'd say that's a good thing.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Lemons said:

wouldn't expect Carole to get any new info from a rally. And at her age, she knows her beliefs, she knew enough about Hilary,and Trump, they've  both have been around for ages. A rally wouldn't change that. plus we all saw those rallies on tv and I wouldn't feel comfortable at one of those, I doubt someone like Carole would either. 

But attending rallies is also about supporting your candidate, especially if Carole knew from the git who she was voting for. She shouldve gone. Hillary could have used the bodies. Trust. If rallies aren't Carole's thing, that's fine. She knocked on 40 doors.  But I think she missed some opportunity. Especially as a journalist/writer. She was on the front lines in Afghanistan or somesuch for heaven's sake. Ya think she'd be comfortable anywhere. I was more afraid on my kid's college campus after the election than I was at any of the rallies. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ryebread said:

But attending rallies is also about supporting your candidate, especially if Carole knew from the git who she was voting for. She shouldve gone. Hillary could have used the bodies. Trust. If rallies aren't Carole's thing, that's fine. She knocked on 40 doors.  But I think she missed some opportunity. Especially as a journalist/writer. She was on the front lines in Afghanistan or somesuch for heaven's sake. Ya think she'd be comfortable anywhere. I was more afraid on my kid's college campus after the election than I was at any of the rallies. 

Again, everyone living in NYC knew everything they needed to know about Trump. No need for one of his rallies. There was nothing to learn there. She might have gone to a Hilary rally, I have no idea. bernie, who knows?

• Love 11
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I don't believe she has ever said she doesn't understand why folks might have been turned off by HRC. At least I've not heard her say it. I also don't think she doesn't understand why some folks were desperate by their own circumstances to believe in something they saw in DT. I think she gets the dynamics of it all, but she just didn't believe in her heart that he could win. She thought they were being lied to. She didn't think that in the end folks would believe what he was saying. There were a lot of comments about what Carole wore to do her canvassing. Talk that she would turn off Trump or conservative voters by appearing wealthy and Elitist, and this was apparently evidence that she just doesn't get it (although I think the point was to get the Dems out to the polls). Really? That is the thing and it is a such a good commentary on how many people on both sides don't always get it right. Why would they be turned off by Carole's expensive or fancy clothes? Especially if they were willing to look the other way for a dude in a $2000 suit with his name on it, manufactured in another country, all the while telling these same people that it is such a shame that we have no manufacturing left in this country. When as a billionaire (supposedly), he could make a few less pennies on his clothes if he were actually concerned about jobs in this country. Carole, like me and millions of others, simply didn't think at the end of the day that folks would be able to shut their eyes to such compelling evidence. She didn't think that so many would fall for the "do as I say not as I do" jargon. It doesn't make her less informed. It made her more hopeful because she just didn't think this was possible. 

Carole pretty reflexively derides most of those who interact with her on SM as "dumbass"es who need to be put on "#mute" and only glean their information from "Breitbart" if they put forth a counterpoint to her posts or offer commentary that's not positive about HRC. Which is odd, since it's plenty possible to offer a perspective on a particular issue not favorable to Hillary without totally opposing her and/or supporting Trump.

In her Twitter rants, as well, Carole makes repeated posts about how absurd it would be for Hillary to "make tea" for her husband's "mistresses" vis a vis the many women who have accused Bill of sexual assault over the years.

Which is either deliberate obtusesness/misconstruction on Carole's part or an appalling degree of ignorance.

So, yes, per her own words she seems to either be intentionally eliding over or totally clueless about issues that influence negative opinion of Clinton.

• Love 5