Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: The Wedding Night

• Start Topic

So, Cody & Danielle and Nate & Sheila managed to hold off - I missed what Ashley & Anthony did - or didn't - do - 

Anthony is not growing on me. At all. That "beard" is awful and he is so  dead pale I don't think he's ever seen the sun. And the grease in the hair. No. Just no. It all makes him look unhealthy, whether he actually is or not.

• Love 2

First reception drama, now brunch drama with Nate's family - Mom, you are way too late to be worrying about Nate. I have a feeling this is not the worst think he's ever done, or will do

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, roseslg said:

@okerry

none of them did it.    

Good - if they're actually going to stay together, I think they'll be glad they waited at least for a little while.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, okerry said:

So, Cody & Danielle and Nate & Sheila managed to hold off - I missed what Ashley & Anthony did - or didn't - do - 

Anthony is not growing on me. At all. That "beard" is awful and he is so  dead pale I don't think he's ever seen the sun. And the grease in the hair. No. Just no. It all makes him look unhealthy, whether he actually is or not.

I don't think he has any eye lashes.  He kind of looks like a corpse. 

• Love 1
Just now, wings707 said:

I don't think he has any eye lashes.  He kind of looks like a corpse. 

Yes! And Ashley is such a pretty girl that it almost makes him look worse by comparison!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, roseslg said:

I don't understand the need for people to use the bathroom at the same time.  Who needs to brush their teeth together? 

Well it happens from time to time here that we are. Its not planned that way but if we are trying to get out the door in the morning at a certain time it does happen. I don't think its a big deal with that. Now using the bathroom for other business is a different story. LOL

57 minutes ago, okerry said:

Ok sorry but I am not a sun person and most the time look pale. Which I rather look pale then look fried or orange...which I think she actually has that orangish fake tan coloring to her. Which with that doesn't help with his skin tone. Yet I don't think looking pale makes one look unhealthy. I got a lot of crap in my teens because I didn't want be one of those girls that fried their skin in the sun all the time. I'm glad I wasn't. Most those girls looked pretty old now compared to me because of it. Now the hair stuff, I will never get guys (or girls) that have to use a ton of product in the hair. The beard could be the way it is because he is growing one in. I guess for me that isn't a big deal though because my husband has always had facial hair. The one time he shaved it all off I told him never again. He has a long beard growing now. 

• Love 4

Goodness, that was so much more relaxing to watch than last season's clucked-up honeymoons. It was nice to see all the couples get along, even though the previews indicate it doesn't last. Tears already!

Oooh, Nathan's mom isn't his damned queen any more. Suck it up, lady.

Ashley, go in the water already. Also maybe you don't need to be in contact with your sister multiple times a day, especially during the first few weeks of your new marriage.

Edited by Lord Donia
  • Love 14

Well, that was smoother than some seasons so far, but it's still early yet.  At least they all seemed OK with letting things develop a little before jumping into sex.

My impression of Cody is that he's too immature for marriage.  I think he's in over his head and will soon realize it.  That may end up the main reason this relationship may not work out.

Actually I didn't find Anthony's appearance in this episode as off-putting as last week.  There were some scenes where his hair was dry and he looked a little better.  He seems like a nice enough guy but I'm not sure he has much depth.  Then again, neither does Ashley so they may actually be well matched.  Ashley and her sister seem to have an almost obsessive attachment.  And her sister was almost as embarrassing as Nate's father was last week when she was going on about who was going to hang with her.  Geez, your sister just got married, you can't be a third wheel, give them some time to get to know each other!  I almost thought she was drunk.

Nate seems to be already putting on the subtle pressure about wanting to have sex.  He's starting small but I expect it will build to the point that it puts Sheila off.  I wonder if that's why she storms out in the previews.  She says it's been "some time" since she's had sex.  I wonder if she's not still a virgin or not a virgin but still very inexperienced and that's one big reason she wants to take her time.  I don't blame her - I hope she levels with him about it.

Edited by Snarklepuss
Name correction.
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, okerry said:

Yes! And Ashley is such a pretty girl that it almost makes him look worse by comparison!

I would never ever go on this show. I would be petrified that my looks wouldn't hold up to some great standard by the potential wife but also every part of me would be picked apart by viewers of the show. I feel like guys always get it the most. It's the least shocking thing ever to me that the women in these marriages mainly have the issues with looks out the gate. I think men get dragged a lot for being shallow but I see the reverse even more in real life. I'm glad Ashley still seems genuinely into the guy. 

It's everyones prerogative to date whatever and whomever they want but I would hope people on this show would be much more open in terms of attraction.

I could not care less how any of these people look personally. Last thing on my mind. My fear based on this episode is how much outside forces and actual intellectual attraction may get in the way. The physical seems to be there. But, relatives drama and different lifestyles may be the real kicker here.

• Love 14

Bringing up the beard thing, each guy has it going on with the stubble look or whatever you call it. My husband said its the thing for some because they are just lazy. LOL And the pale thing, I almost wonder if at times its lighting on them making them look more so then usual because some shots they all look it compared to others I noticed. So we have had complaints in the past about the editing (which I saw some sloppy stuff in this already) but now we have horrible lighting as well to throw in the mix. 

Watching Anthony and Ashley when they walked down the hall together, they looked like they were a good fit. Even my husband (who I have watching this season with me a little) says they look like a good match and will make it. Agree with the others that say her sister needs to back off and get a clue. She should understand and realize she can't be with her 24/7 like she wants. He didn't say he was sweeping her away and moving to another state or country. They are just going on a honeymoon and coming back home after it. Oh and the necklace he gave her was really sweet. 

The whole trying to fix up Cody's brother and Danielle's friend is stupid. As was said in the other thread by someone (sorry can't remember who) what if it doesn't work out for them with the marriage and then they have the brother and friend dating? Talk about awkward. LOL Danielle's makeup on the honeymoon during part of it was just to much. Almost as bad as Rachel's last week at times. Tone it done and she looks so much better in those scenes. Still giving off some funky vibes...even husband mentioned it at one point before he left the room. LOL Um the preview did her bikini bottom slip in the front a little much and she have a tat that flashed us or was that a patch of pubic hair? 

Sorry but that jumpsuit that Sheila had on and then the damn ripped up jeans look......was ugly. OMG how many damn times does he have to say "my queen" and his family needs to get over it. His mom needs to just get over herself. When Nate said that she was his "new queen" did you guys see his mom's eyes? OMG she could have killed someone with that look in that moment. Was he calling his mom "his queen" before this? If so um.........I don't even know what to say on that...... I agree with Snarklepuss, he is going to put the pressure on more and more when it comes to sex. The second she says she hasn't orgasm *rollseyes* he is going to really put the pressure on and talk up his game to her. And his dad just happens to miss his flight the day before and run into them at the airport. Not buying it. LMAO I swear when Nate said he was in the position to grow with somebody it sounded more like grope not grow. 

While it was nice to not have the drama tonight it looks like it will start up next week....already

• Love 9

Yes, the carpet matches the drapes...if you know what I mean....

Lauren, Ashley's sister is used to being Ashley's everything and is coming off as possessive and defensive about someone else taking her spot as Ashley's emotional support.

Ashley's dad recognized how crazy Lauren was sounding when she jokingly(?) suggested the newlyweds move in to her house, telling her to back off at brunch.

Looking for Lauren to be the saboteur between Ashley and Anthony. 

At least Anthony recognizes that Ashley is weak and is heavily influenced by her sister.

• Love 6

Nate's little brother is not Nate's mother's other kid?

Is he the other son of Nate's Dad?

When Nate's mother ask if she was still Nate's queen...you knew she wasn't going to like the answer...she was going to hate any woman that dethroned her.

As least she doesn't live in Chicago to glare at Sheila at church, at family gatherings.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Lauren, Ashley's sister is used to being Ashley's everything and is coming off as possessive and defensive about someone else taking her spot as Ashley's emotional support.

Ashley's dad recognized how crazy Lauren was sounding when she jokingly(?) suggested the newlyweds move in to her house, telling her to back off at brunch.

At least Anthony recognizes that Ashley is weak and is heavily influenced by her sister.

LMAO Yes at least he does see that. She sees it too it looks like to a point but maybe doesn't know how to pull away like she should. She said her sister is why she has fears and stuff she has so maybe having Anthony will help her being strong to live her own life from her sister. I hope it won't be something that gets in between them because they so far seem to be the best match in a long time for this show. 

18 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Nate's little brother is not Nate's mother's other kid?

Is he the other son of Nate's Dad?

When Nate's mother ask if she was still Nate's queen...you knew she wasn't going to like the answer...she was going to hate any woman that dethroned her.

As least she doesn't live in Chicago to glare at Sheila at church, at family gatherings.

I was wondering this as well about his brother. If its her son why isn't she raising him? If its not her's then where is his mom and why isn't her or the stupid dad doing their jobs? As well as he should have told Sheila the situation from the get go. Having this as one of those stupid things that lingers is dumb for this show. I don't get it would piss her off to make drama that it might with some but just ask questions about how it came about and listen. At least that is how I think she would be. 

• Love 1

Hope the reason for Sheila's ugly crying is over the withholding the news of the living arrangements with the little brother and not her continued lack of orgasms.

But such forceful boohooing can only be the frustration over the orgasm that eludes her......

Thinking when Rachel visits Sheila and Nate at home she needs to shake Sheila's hands with two hands and palm her a pocket rocket...

Edited by humbleopinion
more nonsense
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

I was wondering this as well about his brother. If its her son why isn't she raising him? If its not her's then where is his mom and why isn't her or the stupid dad doing their jobs? As well as he should have told Sheila the situation from the get go. Having this as one of those stupid things that lingers is dumb for this show. I don't get it would piss her off to make drama that it might with some but just ask questions about how it came about and listen. At least that is how I think she would be. 

On Facebook, Nathan said that he and his brother have the same dad, but different moms. Don't know where the mother is...

Viewers pick apart. That's why we're called "viewers" and aren't just "listeners."

I'm getting the vibe that Anthony has a very high opinion of himself, one that his looks can't cash. And Ashley needs to fear sharks less and her lamprey sister more.

Sheila's going from being "committed" to "I can't do this anymore with you"? Is it Nate's suavity? His deposed  Queen mother or Court Jester father? Or could it be......the live-in brother?? Show us the money, Lifetime!

Cody is not a good match for Danielle. She's just not into him.

The honeymoon sites were all spectacular! 

• Love 14

Matt's mother is taking this marriage way too seriously.   It is a TV show and they can divorce, for crying out loud.  She Is very religious and sees this from another angle.  And Matt, you should have told her she is still the queen and always will be!   What the hell?!   This marriage may not work because of this. 

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Sheila's going from being "committed" to "I can't do this anymore with you"? Is it Nate's suavity? His deposed  Queen mother or Court Jester father? Or could it be......the live-in brother?? Show us the money, Lifetime!

Ha! Yeah, Nate is just... I think he's probably a good guy but he's young and trying WAY TOO HARD. In the moments when he wasn't trying, he and Sheila seem to really connect. But he's more prince than king and I think it's going to be a problem. 

• Love 3

Nate seems to be always on her, too. Just get off for two minutes! I know they're married (how could I not with the experts chirping, "it's a real marriage!" throughout the episode?), but they're still strangers. Just...give her some space and don't cling so much. The more he pushes being physical, the more she should be taking a big fat step away from him. 

• Love 9
On 4/28/2017 at 0:36 AM, humbleopinion said:

Edited by Trisha neel
  • Love 1

Matt's mother is taking this marriage way too seriously.   It is a TV show and they can divorce, for crying out loud.  

Sometimes, this show is very hard for me.  They say a gazillion times that the marriages are real, and I think marriage should be taken seriously.  On the other hand, you are right.   This is a tv show and these people are all complete strangers who happen to be married.  The stakes aren't real, and I have no doubt that these people can walk away and divorce the moment things get too hard.   

Anthony, getting out of the car at the honeymoon hotel, commented that he hoped the sister didn't "chirp in (Ashley's) ear" because he didn't want "outside influences...having a negative effect on our relationship..(or)..run into issues before it gets going." In the car previously, Ashley said her sister wanted them to move next door. She was laughing, but......

• Love 2

I'm sure that Ashley's sister is going to be the problem since she seems to be overly attached to her. And as she said she tells her everything - it's going to be a disaster. She will tell her about all the downs in the relationship, which usually ends badly.

• Love 2

Is Ashley's sister married?  I mean, why would you want to spend so much time with your sister especially when she's newly married?  The fact that she's afraid of things due to her sister does not bode well.  I can see her wanting to hangout all the time and just be present when they are trying to get to know each other.   No es bueno.  

Ashley, you in danger girl.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, wings707 said:

Matt's mother is taking this marriage way too seriously.   It is a TV show and they can divorce, for crying out loud.  She Is very religious and sees this from another angle.  And Matt, you should have told her she is still the queen and always will be!   What the hell?!   This marriage may not work because of this. 

Who's Matt?

• Love 3

Doesn't bossyboots Lauren also have two kids? I thought I remembered Ashley using that as another bullet point in her "woe is unmarried me" complaint list, in that that she was sure she would have been a mother multiple times by this point in her life.

3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Sheila's going from being "committed" to "I can't do this anymore with you"?

Damn this show! Not that I wouldn't have been watching anyway, but I'm extremely nosy about what sent the seemingly stable and mature Sheila right over the tear-streaked cliff, especially after such a positive start.

• Love 2

I haven't watched "Second Chances" yet, but not sure why they picked Grey's match to be on.  I think she was the problem, and just kept looking for problems.

Trey is my favorite husband sofar....he wasn't perfect by far, but seemed like a stand up guy..and imho  the best looking of a bunch for sure? swoooon?

Is Ashley's sister married?  I mean, why would you want to spend so much time with your sister especially when she's newly married?  The fact that she's afraid of things due to her sister does not bode well.  I can see her wanting to hangout all the time and just be present when they are trying to get to know each other.   No es bueno.

I think in a real marriage Ashley's sister spending a lot of time with her would be a problem, but it's hard to view it the same way when Ashley is married to a stranger.  If one of my siblings did that, I would make sure to be in regular touch, and to let my sibling know that I am happy to discuss any concern they might have and they can always come to me if things seem like they are blowing up.   

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

Nate seems to be already putting on the subtle pressure about wanting to have sex.  He's starting small but I expect it will build to the point that it puts Sheila off.  I wonder if that's why she storms out in the previews.  She says it's been "some time" since she's had sex.  I wonder if she's not still a virgin or not a virgin but still very inexperienced and that's one big reason she wants to take her time.  I don't blame her - I hope she levels with him about it.

She says it's been a while so I assume she's had sex, but if she's never had an orgasm I also assume she's never masturbated. If that's true, that's SO sad. It's very, very common for women not to climax from penetrative sex, but if she's not familiar with how to please herself, she can't really give that instruction to her partner. 

3 hours ago, Suck It Trebek said:

Nate seems to be always on her, too. Just get off for two minutes! I know they're married (how could I not with the experts chirping, "it's a real marriage!" throughout the episode?), but they're still strangers. Just...give her some space and don't cling so much. The more he pushes being physical, the more she should be taking a big fat step away from him. 

All that "my queen" stuff is so off-putting to me. And you're right, Nate is very physically clingy. He and I would be a terrible match because I can't stand having someone up under me all the time. It's great that he thinks Sheila is so beautiful, but I'm watching them like "Can you just back up off her for a sec?!"

• Love 10

LOVED the way both Nate and Sheila put Nate's mom in her place!  Of course, if the previews lead us to where they WANT us to believe, Nate will owe his mama/queen a great big mea culpa.  I was waiting for Nate to spill the beans on his brother.  Sheila seems so sweet she might not have a problem with it.

And oh my, Ashley needs to have a similar convo with her sister, except I think she likes having her sister call the shots.  Problems ahead. 

Cody's wife (can't remember name) seems like she's over it already. 

• Love 2

Reiterating my dislike for the podcast model. I much prefer reading a recap. Not sure if there is a place on the site to register my vote against the podcasting of their reactions to this show, so I'll do it here.

• Love 14

Not to be ungrateful to the podcasters but also prefer to read text than to listen, I can multitask better while reading their commentary.

Back to business...

Danielle, Cody's wife is realizing and recognizing how young Cody acts but it's a free vacation so may as well enjoy the beach.

M@FS has stepped it up for honeymoon accommodations.

Remember Sonia and Nick's ironing board breakfast table last season?

Good work M@FS producers in securing better honeymoon suites and locations.

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Reiterating my dislike for the podcast model. I much prefer reading a recap. Not sure if there is a place on the site to register my vote against the podcasting of their reactions to this show, so I'll do it here.

Tara and company, thank you for the podcast. It's a great listen and it's a welcome addition to my podcast rotation. I just can't wait for Hollywood game night to get back.

I can't believe all of the boohooing by Shelia is already here. Damn. I don't even recall much of them in the previews past next week's clips so this is going to be crazy. Actually I think I do remember Shelia dad getting involved again in something.

Like I said, personally I don't care about the looks of these people but nate's dad? He has like a reverse george Jefferson going on. Now I see why he had a hat on. Shave it off man.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 3

I applaud Nick for the way he handled his possessive, self-absorbed mother.   I know it is hard to let go of your kids, and I do think Moms often have a harder time letting go of their boys than their girls.   But "stranger" or not, he IS married--his choice--and she is his wife.  

Even if it doesn't work out I think the message has to be made loud and clear to her at some point:  My wife will be the  #1 partner in my life--  I  always honor and love you with the love special for a Mother, but don't resent that I'm starting my own life and (possibly) family.   He told her she was being selfish and I agree AND making the entire thing about her.  She and his father are both attention sponges.

I don't see anything wrong with either Cody or Danielle at this point but I see that initial skepticism between them and they don't seem to 'click".  

Yeah, Nate is a bit too handsy although my opinion of him began to change for the positive a little bit .  But let's get past the "queen" talk and the"you're so pretty" stuff.  Got anything else??    

I don't know what puts Sheila in tears,  but wondering if he's so focused on getting her in the sack that he's not listening, not having any real conversations--just his 'come-on'  and talking "at her".    It's as if you don't exist.  Sheila says something to that effect. 

Ashley's sister,  a potential problem but I see this  in close families maybe more in close Italian families where they do tend to hang with their family and often not make many friends outside that.  Esp if you have a sister close in age.  It's hard to lose your 'hang-out' buddy.  Hoping she's not intent on breaking them apart and that Anthony--coming from an Italian family himself-- sort of 'gets it'.  But he seems savvy to the possible sabotage. 

• Love 1

Ha! Yes, Jellybeans, I saw the hole too; wondered whether it was a stain or a hole at first. I was going to feel weird posting that I noticed THERE but hell his legs were spread so far apart, well, it just stood out to me LOL.

I liked the way Nate handled his mom's meltdown, which (if not contrived), was ridiculous. He's living on his own, young but still a grown man with his 17yo brother living with him, so she should be used to letting go by now.  I understand her issues with this stranger marriage, however, she never married his dad. Now maybe that was for good reason (from what I've seen of his behavior), but she should stop coming off as so holier than thou traditional here. At least the son actually got married; he's trying to build a family situation (hopefully).

Nate fluctuates for me as sounding/acting together & mature (how he handled his mom), to being silly & self important (king/queen stuff), to being just immature (pawing his new stranger-wife). It's probably his age to some degree; he's still a man in his 20s. I LOVED the way he told his mom that his wife is the most important woman in his life now, but still loved & cared for her - he has to have those priorities straight & a lot of guys don't. Proof is in the pudding though.

Danielle & Cody are awkward together & I don't feel she's that into him as of now, although I think she's at least trying & giving him a chance. Danielle's friend & Cody's brother - seriously??  Just no, don't, already. His brother is younger than him right? Why so damn desperate already?

Ashley's sister & her over attachment to her sister are both just annoying. Maybe again it's contrived drama, but families can be a blessing or a curse (or both). The marriage has to come first & if I were Anthony at this point I'd feel like someone else was already in the mix. Ashley's sister doesn't seem married either, making her possibly overly needy (or jealous). I sense sisterly competition between them. Something Ashley said about her sister already having kids; it was like she just wanted them because her sister had them - her sister could be the same way regarding their marriage (if not married). It's an unhealthy dynamic.

I too, want to know what the hell causes Sheila's incredible meltdown next week. I really hope it's not the brother living with them, as that would be a bit over the top. She was really upset, so unless he's like a polygamist & she's the starter wife, I can't imagine what the problem is so early on the game.

All the men were after the sex right away, as is typical. I see them now realizing the women are taking this more seriously than jumping into that, so they are saying all the right things about going slow, blah blah - it wasn't their idea LOL. Honestly, I waver as to whether they should just get it over with or not, because usually that's when a real relationship will start or end, at least for the men. Some lose interest at that point while others are even more committed. Yeah, the women can do that too, but I see it more in men honestly.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4

Also grateful to the podcasters, but unable to listen to a soundfile :(
Ashley's sister made me scared of HER! And I'm hoping it was just alcohol talking, not dysfunction. I hope the honeymooners only get their cellphones for like an hour a day or so, let them get to know each other -- but let them reassure folks back home that they haven't been cut up into little pieces and fed to those scary sharks! I'm rooting for all of the couples so far. I like everyone except Nate, who would be far too clingy for me to deal with. He clearly is using his player moves on a wife. That usually doesn't end well.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Hope the reason for Sheila's ugly crying is over the withholding the news of the living arrangements with the little brother and not her continued lack of orgasms.

But such forceful boohooing can only be the frustration over the orgasm that eludes her......

Thinking when Rachel visits Sheila and Nate at home she needs to shake Sheila's hands with two hands and palm her a pocket rocket...

If she is crying and freaking out over the news of his brother living with him then how pathetic will she be? Its got to be something else and hopefully not the damn orgasms either. LMAO about the pocket rocket. 

9 hours ago, Gobears said:

On Facebook, Nathan said that he and his brother have the same dad, but different moms. Don't know where the mother is...

Which in turn then brings up questions of why is either parent not being responsible for their own kid? SMH

6 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Viewers pick apart. That's why we're called "viewers" and aren't just "listeners."

I'm getting the vibe that Anthony has a very high opinion of himself, one that his looks can't cash. And Ashley needs to fear sharks less and her lamprey sister more.

Cody is not a good match for Danielle. She's just not into him.

The honeymoon sites were all spectacular! 

I am not getting that from Anthony but totally getting that from Nate. Agree that Cody and Danielle don't seem a good match. There was a few shots of them on the bed kissing that looked like she was sort of pushing him to back off a bit but I thought it also could have just been where her arm placement was too in some shots. I just think there is awkwardness between those too. She is also the one that told the "experts" (that never listen) she was ok with a year or 2 difference younger and she ended up with more then that. So I can imagine she has some doubts on it there but then she also is giving off some funky vibes of her own. 

4 hours ago, Trisha neel said:

I didn't get that vibe from Anthony. He comes from a very strong Italian family with 2 sisters, So he is probably ok with dealing with strong females. Also I think in one of the interviews, I heard Lauren say  she wanted them close so she could invite them over for dinner or such.

I think he didn't really think she was weak or anything but obviously after the limo talk it probably put up the red flag on the sister in law. Which it should IMO. I hope that she doesn't get in their way. 

2 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I think in a real marriage Ashley's sister spending a lot of time with her would be a problem, but it's hard to view it the same way when Ashley is married to a stranger.  If one of my siblings did that, I would make sure to be in regular touch, and to let my sibling know that I am happy to discuss any concern they might have and they can always come to me if things seem like they are blowing up.   

While that might be ok for some, I can't see it with this. Not when Ashley is saying her sister is the cause of many of her fears, if not all. I think her sister is a risk of getting in their business to much and overstepping her bounds. She is that kind of person that can hurt the relationship rather than help. 

• Love 3