Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/24/17

ginger90
  • Start Topic

TUE APR 25 John Kasich; Kelly OsbourneNEW(Season 20, Episode 153)ABC "The Political View" with Gov. John Kasich (R-Ohio). Also: Kelly Osbourne.

WED APR 26 Caitlyn JennerNEW(Season 20, Episode 154)ABC

THU APR 27  Dr. Phil; Sheryl Sandberg and Adam GrantNEW(Season 20, Episode 155)ABC

FRI APR 28  Salma Hayek and Eugenio Derbez; Ian SmithNEW(Season 20, Episode 156)ABC

• Love 1
1 minute ago, sugarbaker design said:

The only person I remotely want to hear from is Sheryl Sandberg, but I'm going to pass, I already saw Norah O'Donnell's interview with SS on CBS Sunday Morning.

I'm SO with you on that!!  I didn't know her husband died suddenly & that interview with Norah was a tear-jerker.  I think her new book could be useful to a lot of people, more so than "Lean Forward" or whatever that book was called.

• Love 2

Jed, today, started talking about how "people she knows"  support trump, and all the reasons why these "people" like  trump.  

Shut up, JED!  Own your opinions, stop pretending that you're speaking for anyone but yourself.

• Love 16

Hey, Jedidiah, Trump doesn't give a shit about women being sexually assaulted as they come across the border (and I'd like to see some statistics on that), so don't you dare try to use that as a reason why he's in favor of building this Wall.

Kasich has a town hall tonight.  I hope there are some interesting videos of the event to air tomorrow.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, backformore said:

Jed, today, started talking about how "people she knows"  support trump, and all the reasons why these "people" like  trump.  

A recent ABC News poll cited that 96% of Trump voters would again cast their vote for him, for all the half-dozen faux reasons that Jed recited.  And Sunny pretty much confirmed that X10000, though the panel seemed darn eager to gloss over the great info that Sunny got for her Nightline story.  I've mostly been on a news sabbatical since November, but even I have seen reports on all stations that the Trumpers think he is doing a near outstanding job.

45 months to go.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 5

I would rather have had John Kasich be given two segments this morning than leaving one for the obnoxious Kelly Osbourne. Why is she on again to discuss her damn stupid life! 

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, rcc said:

I would rather have had John Kasich be given two segments this morning than leaving one for the obnoxious Kelly Osbourne. Why is she on again to discuss her damn stupid life! 

Because Whoopi loves her, apparently.

• Love 2

Why this show SUCKS. Gov. Kasich was ON FIRE. Joy loves him - they make a cute couple.

SORRY GOV. OUT OF TIME - BRING IN FUCKING KELLY HAS-BEEN

"Oh, did I say, "Fuck??" Tee Hee

CLICK

• Love 12

The View continues to prove they do not know their audience.   They spend a lot of time talking about politics and when they have a guest on who is actually a politician and is engaging and does more than spew talking points (Kelly Ann Conaway) they pull him for a fucking reality show has been.

• Love 14
56 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

They spend a lot of time talking about politics and when they have a guest on who is actually a politician and is engaging and does more than spew talking points (Kelly Ann Conaway) they pull him for a fucking reality show has been.

Or they could've cut a segment of Hot Topics, sometimes HT goes on for 35 minutes!  Does anybody need to hear that much Jediblahblah?

• Love 7

Yawn. Kelly Osbourne?!!! Seriously?!! Who's on next week? A Kardashian? One of those stupid "Real Housewife" idiots? I can't stand that whole family; Ozzie is a doddering, incoherent sad, pathetic druggie, Sharon...she just has to open her mouth, that strident voice! Kelly is a repulsive freak. Between all the tats and that ridiculous hair! It's a good thing you can coast on Daddy's coin because I'd love to know who the hell would hire you, looking like that? And tell me - why exactly is she a guest on The View? Are they that desperate?

At least she has a paper clip on her....if she needs one.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dinkysquid said:

Yawn. Kelly Osbourne?!!! Seriously?!! Who's on next week? A Kardashian?

Right, Dinkysquid. I've always wanted to learn life lessons from a weird, spoiled, outlandish person who somehow believes she is some kind of wonderful (if flawed). She creeps me out and I've always wondered how she merits such attention. Why was Whoopi fawning all over her in the introduction?  

• Love 9

Kelly Osbourne will do anything for attention ... even write a book saying she got Lyme Disease (in 2004) & received stem cells treatment to cure it.  I can't believe it with this "girl"!  Why can't she just get a job & sit down & shut up.  Just sayin'.

• Love 9

Maybe this was why Whoopi was so gushy about Kelly Osbourne. She might have been trying to make her feel better about this remark she made on The View in 2015. (Oh, poor, misunderstood Kelly.)

Osbourne, 30, who was a guest co-host on the show, was trying to make a point about presidential hopeful Donald Trump when she asked, “If you kick every Latino out of this country, then who is going to be cleaning your toilet, Donald Trump?”

I remember the well deserved huge backlash Kelly received for that. What a stupid thing to say.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 10

I'm sorry, but I can't get excited over Kasich being on the show. Considering the oversimplification between Conservatives and Liberals he gave on The Daily Show last night, so full of assumptions. Plus, this is the guy that defunded Planned Parenthood in his State, and now he's all 'Oooh, activism is good!' Whatever. He may sound sane, but there are so many things that he's for that are anti-civil/equal/women's rights that make it difficult for me to not ?or ?when he speaks.

• Love 24
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm sorry, but I can't get excited over Kasich being on the show. Considering the oversimplification between Conservatives and Liberals he gave on The Daily Show last night, so full of assumptions. Plus, this is the guy that defunded Planned Parenthood in his State, and now he's all 'Oooh, activism is good!' Whatever. He may sound sane, but there are so many things that he's for that are anti-civil/equal/women's rights that make it difficult for me to not ?or ?when he speaks.

Sorry guys, I forgot about that!!  My bad.

• Love 2

Seriously, the guest situation on this show is sooo bad this week especially (Kasich somewhat tolerable ho-hum). I wonder if Barbara Walters's dissing of the evolved show has influenced the quality of the guests they can get? The Osbournes are about as fresh as yesterday's garbage. And I'm bracing for the fact that today we have poop redux on Caitlyn Jenner, who just wallowed with Diane Sawyer on her special. What gifts will Whoopi give the audience to celebrate Caitlyn's visit? (Please, no feminine sanitary products.)

As for the cast: now Wardrobe is occasionally putting pants on Jedediah (so that the world is no longer her gynecologist) but can the show do anything about her braying/cackling laugh? And they should tie Sara's hands down to the table. She puts on such serious airs, but then sounds and appears like a frantic toddler who hasn't learned enough words to communicate with grown-ups.

I suppose the orgasms (faked) discussion was a scrap thrown to all the Trump apologists who whine that the show hosts, especially Whoopi and Joy, are too political. Naturally Jedediah had to give us TMI about her faux pleasures (braying along with the embarrassed audience), and Sara her sidekick was quick to confess deceptions too. Prompting Gov Kasich into revealing a peek into his sex life was a new low, and then they nearly forgot to tout his book.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
sp
  • Love 8

Caitlyn? Shut your hypocritical, privileged ass up.

Jed? Speaking to Caitlyn- "I wanna vote for you, you ever think of running?" 

Double shut the fuck fuckity up!! Could not turn the channel fast enough. I was hoping at least Joy would call Caitlyn out a little on her bullshit, but. I'm just seeing them all kiss her ass. Can't sit through another segment of that. 

• Love 14

I'm with you, HoboClayton! I am so sick of seeing Jenner everywhere, now flogging a book....gee..what took you so long to come out with that?! I always have to stop myself from criticizing Jenner in any way, shape or form because I don't want to risk being called insensitive, bigoted, homophobic, etc.

Thank God for the Fast Forward button.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, dinkysquid said:

I'm with you, HoboClayton! I am so sick of seeing Jenner everywhere, now flogging a book....gee..what took you so long to come out with that?! I always have to stop myself from criticizing Jenner in any way, shape or form because I don't want to risk being called insensitive, bigoted, homophobic, etc.

Thinking Caitlyn Jenner is an arrogant privileged smug hypocrite doesn't make you make you an insensitive homophobic bigot Dinkysquid.  It simply makes you observant.

• Love 24

Privileged and smug is right.  Very few (if any) transgender people have the wealth and connections Caitlyn has.  Stylists, cosmetic surgeons, supportive family, adoring FANS!!, publishers, and television suck-ups.  I don't see how anyone can identify with her.  Sorry.

• Love 21

I concur....horrible guests this week, I can't stand Jenner either because, I swear that lisp or whatever is going on with her speech just drives me nuts. South Park does a terrific "take" on her need for speech therapy...okay, sorry. Later gang. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

I concur....horrible guests this week, I can't stand Jenner either because, I swear that lisp or whatever is going on with her speech just drives me nuts. South Park does a terrific "take" on her need for speech therapy...okay, sorry. Later gang. 

"Buckle up, buckaroos!"

• Love 4

Yeah...this certainly is NOT a stellar week for guests. Who books the "talent" on this show anyway? Is this the best they could come up with?

Can't stand Dr. Phil. When he was a once-a-week regular on Oprah, he was worth watching. Then he got his own show and initially, that too was worth watching. But now? It has disintegrated to a Jerry Springer level with stupid white trash who come on and air their dirty laundry on national television. These guests have no class, no dignity and absolutely no concept of how contraception works. And his ever-present wife Robin, now uses his show as an advertising platform for her skin care line.

He's also become way too arrogant, constantly bragging about "how long he's been doing this", his medical credentials, which have been called into question and of course, mention his book/s at least a couple of times per show. So needless to say, I will watch Thurs. show until he comes on. 

Salma must be plugging a new movie. <Yawn>

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, dinkysquid said:

Yeah...this certainly is NOT a stellar week for guests. Who books the "talent" on this show anyway? Is this the best they could come up with?

Can't stand Dr. Phil. When he was a once-a-week regular on Oprah, he was worth watching. Then he got his own show and initially, that too was worth watching. But now? It has disintegrated to a Jerry Springer level with stupid white trash who come on and air their dirty laundry on national television. These guests have no class, no dignity and absolutely no concept of how contraception works. And his ever-present wife Robin, now uses his show as an advertising platform for her skin care line.

He's also become way too arrogant, constantly bragging about "how long he's been doing this", his medical credentials, which have been called into question and of course, mention his book/s at least a couple of times per show. So needless to say, I will watch Thurs. show until he comes on. 

Don't forget his hypocritical weight loss books. He obviously doesn't follow the "advice" he gives in them or he does and he's proof of what a failure his "advice" is in that area too. 

• Love 11

Salma Hayak is a hilarious interview!!  Don't believe me?  Check her out on today's Ellen Show.  She can tell a story better than almost anyone ... today was about her two big dogs taking off from her hotel cottage & finding a wedding cake.  LOL!!!

• Love 3

I didn't see the entire episode, but I thought it was very odd how Jediblahblah was simply gushing over CJ and laughing extra loud at everything.  WTF?

When CJ said he and Joy need to talk, is that something more recent, or is it from back before the election when CJ was supporting Cruz, and Joy said, Transgenders being for Cruz is like Jews being for Hitler?

It really should be six degrees of Whoopi, and not Kevin Bacon.  Seriously, Caitlyn and Whoopi did a thing on dyslexia.  Who knew?

Edited by SilverStormm
Fixed quoting issue error.
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, HoboClayton said:

Dr. Phil has weight loss books? What's next? "Marijuana! The Gateway Drug to the Highway to Hell?" By Whoopi Goldberg?

Probably got tips from his wife, who looks sickly in my opinion. Recently saw her walk off with him after his show and she looks incredibly skinny. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, bannana said:

When CJ said he and Joy need to talk,

The one thing CJ doesn't need to do is talk, she needs to listen.  She always took the time to throw Hillary under the bus on "I Am Cait", and then supported Cruz, and ultimately voted for Trump.  Then CJ is shocked when protections for trans kids are rolled back by her choice for president.  Way to go, asshole!

• Love 13