Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Well her ugly mug woke me up. Shudders. Why do those close up selfies?

No $hit! I thought the "before" pic looked like she got smacked in the face with a bag of nickels.

• LOL 7
(edited)
44 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Its hard to tell with him so wrapped up but I lean towards not lp. Shall we bet? :)

His little head is unwrapped in the “reel” video. LP or not, I think he looks like Zach. 

Edited by readheaded
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Its hard to tell with him so wrapped up but I lean towards not lp. Shall we bet? :)

Were Jackson and Lilah of normal height and weight at birth?  I forgot....

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

Were Jackson and Lilah of normal height and weight at birth?  I forgot....

Lilah Ray Roloff was born at 6:52 p.m., weighing 8 lbs., 9 oz., and measuring 18½ inches long.

Jackson Kyle Roloff born May 12th at 8am, weighing 9 lbs, 1 Oz, and 20 1/2 inches long.

Their third was 2 weeks early.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Lilah Ray Roloff was born at 6:52 p.m., weighing 8 lbs., 9 oz., and measuring 18½ inches long.

Jackson Kyle Roloff born May 12th at 8am, weighing 9 lbs, 1 Oz, and 20 1/2 inches long.

Their third was 2 weeks early.

Interesting!!  So the primary indicator of an LP baby is the head size??

• Useful 1

Limb length as well- thats why its hard to tell with the baby wrapped up.  Short arms and legs are the big sign, and the big head too. 

Looking at this picture, I think he's average height but I'm not a doctor.

image.png.028957a28587df434b692a6ca458e71b.png

• Love 1
(edited)

Hard to tell from one or two pictures but I did get the impression that the head is slightly bigger than average? When you look at proportions I mean? He also seems to have a higher forehead like LP often have. And yes he looks like Zach!

Edited by LilyD
Added
  • Love 3

I'm wavering on whether the baby is lp or not. I saw some pictures on Instagram where his hands had a similar look to Jackson's but then I see this picture and that looks like a long legged proportional kid.

I feel my bets are unstable!

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Jackson is certainly taking to the new baby a lot better than he did when Lilah was born.  Nice to see him so helpful and caring.  

That won't last long,he's a lazy sob,besides being stupid.

• LOL 1
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The first picture is a screenshot from a video.

BB8E3170-12CF-41B9-BC0E-F4FF237CE881.jpeg

C28AF156-B288-4637-9980-75BED3261069.jpeg

The top picture makes me think that baby Josiah is a lp.  

Anyways wishing them all the best.

• Love 4

Genetics are interesting.  Matt and Amy both LPs, had 4 kids (1 being a LP and 3 non LP).

Zach and Tori (1 LP and 1 non LP) have had 3 kids so far and if baby Josiah is a LP, makes it 3 out of 3. 

• Useful 2
On 2/25/2022 at 1:38 PM, ginger90 said:

🤦‍♀️

0A825E52-D2E3-44A6-8C06-CCE047D1FFDE.jpeg

Wasn't she a teacher? What kind of college did she go to because her spelling is atrocious for a college educated person. And why is anyone reading her daily drivel about her kids anyway??? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I've changed my mind. The only people who should care if Josiah is lp or normal should be zach and Tori. It's none of our business. 

So I wish them well and they're awesome people. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, chenoa333 said:

I've changed my mind. The only people who should care if Josiah is lp or normal should be zach and Tori. It's none of our business. 

we'll find out soon enough, Amy has a habit of announcing LP status before Zach and Tori get a chance to... she announced Lilah being LP before Z&T...

big mouth Amy on the job 🙄

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Wasn't she a teacher? What kind of college did she go to because her spelling is atrocious for a college educated person. And why is anyone reading her daily drivel about her kids anyway??? 

I have been to grad school and it doesn't change the fact that I'm dyslexic and I can't always see the errors in my words.  

• Love 3

Folks,

A few notes:

• It is okay to discuss whether Josiah may be a little person or not.   The conversation has for the most part been very respectful.  In doing so, please do not make comments that cross the line to discussing features related to dwarfism in a negative or insulting manner.
  • Please do not criticize other posters.  You can disagree civilly. 
  • If another poster's remarks often bother you, please use the ignore feature.  You can hover over their username and select ignore on the popup box.  After refreshing, you will no longer see their posts in your feed unless they are quoted by someone else.

Questions?  PM @PrincessPurrsALot directly.  We do not discuss moderator actions in the forums. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

Genetics are interesting.  Matt and Amy both LPs, had 4 kids (1 being a LP and 3 non LP).

Zach and Tori (1 LP and 1 non LP) have had 3 kids so far and if baby Josiah is a LP, makes it 3 out of 3. 

I have a friend who has 2 kids with a genetic disease so I’ve got the basics on how genetics works: 
Matt has a very rare type of dwarfism that is called diastrophic dysplasia. This sometimes develops naturally due to a spontaneous gene mutation which could happen to any of us. You can only pass it on if your partner has the same gene (25% to have a child with this, 25% perfectly fine, 50% carrier) His condition was not passed on to his kids or grand kids, though some could be a carrier.

Amy has achondroplasia. Any person with this has a 50% chance of passing this on. It’s literally a matter of ‘luck’ so to speak. Amy had three average sized kids and 1 LP. Zach has achondroplasia and 2 LP, but I now guess 3, as I have the idea that baby Josiah’s limbs are slightly shorter compared to the rest of his body. But that may be me. So, Zach could have all LP kids but technically, he could have had only average kids too. Genetics works in a funny way…

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

No need to change your mind, everyone in this thread is speculating about the baby’s lp status

is there a problem with that? 

every time they’ve had a baby we’ve speculated if it’s an LP baby or not, no different this time. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, bybrandy said:

I have been to grad school and it doesn't change the fact that I'm dyslexic and I can't always see the errors in my words.  

I don’t think Tori is dyslexic…if she was she would have posted it on IG by now.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, stoppro said:
9 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Jackson is certainly taking to the new baby a lot better than he did when Lilah was born.  Nice to see him so helpful and caring.  

That won't last long,he's a lazy sob,besides being stupid.

I think Jackson is too young to be labeled lazy or stupid~

• Love 13

How can Zack offer to buy the farm from his father again, when he doesn't even have a job, and never really has? He surely doesn't make that much from the show? If he wants a farm so badly, I wonder why he doesn't just buy a small one somewhere else, and start his own traditions? He seldom agrees with anything his father has done on the farm anyway and it might be better to start from scratch.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, winsomeone said:

How can Zack offer to buy the farm from his father again, when he doesn't even have a job, and never really has? He surely doesn't make that much from the show?

The show is a job. It pays pretty well, because Zach was home buying at 22, and the home he bought with Tory was worth a half million when he bought it.

3 hours ago, winsomeone said:

If he wants a farm so badly, I wonder why he doesn't just buy a small one somewhere else, and start his own traditions?

He clearly did - its been discussed openly in this thread including links to his new 1 million dollar piece of property - two acres -there's even photos of him piddling about on small smal equipment on his place.

Zach is obviously being paid pretty well to do the show. 

Matt bought Amy's half of the big house property for what? 967K? If Matt was willing to sell Amy's half at all (I doubt he's willing to sell) then we know, because Zach DID buy a 1 million dollar piece of property, that even if Matt was pricing a little high - say 1.1 million for the half to make a profit - it shouldn't have been a problem. 

Now I am sure we'll never hear the numbers, but if the sale price to Zach was significantly higher than what Zach knows Matt bought it from Amy for, I can understand some of Zach's anger. Some - I am not against Matt selling for a profit, but if Matt's pricing it significantly higher, I can get why that feels like a slap in the face especially when Matt goes on and on how he's tired and his tired bones long for sun and why won't one of his sons step up etc etc etc. That would galling to listen to when Zach knows Matt publicly prided himself on offering Amy "a fair price" for her share of the farm, but a year later was demanding a significantly higher price for the same property from Zach. 

• Love 3
(edited)
50 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

The show is a job. It pays pretty well, because Zach was home buying at 22, and the home he bought with Tory was worth a half million when he bought it.

He clearly did - its been discussed openly in this thread including links to his new 1 million dollar piece of property - two acres -there's even photos of him piddling about on small smal equipment on his place.

Zach is obviously being paid pretty well to do the show. 

Matt bought Amy's half of the big house property for what? 967K? If Matt was willing to sell Amy's half at all (I doubt he's willing to sell) then we know, because Zach DID buy a 1 million dollar piece of property, that even if Matt was pricing a little high - say 1.1 million for the half to make a profit - it shouldn't have been a problem. 

Now I am sure we'll never hear the numbers, but if the sale price to Zach was significantly higher than what Zach knows Matt bought it from Amy for, I can understand some of Zach's anger. Some - I am not against Matt selling for a profit, but if Matt's pricing it significantly higher, I can get why that feels like a slap in the face especially when Matt goes on and on how he's tired and his tired bones long for sun and why won't one of his sons step up etc etc etc. That would galling to listen to when Zach knows Matt publicly prided himself on offering Amy "a fair price" for her share of the farm, but a year later was demanding a significantly higher price for the same property from Zach. 

A few thoughts.  

I know it is not a popular opinion on these boards in general, but appearing on reality tv is a job.  While reality television casts work fewer hours than the rest of us they have to give up privacy and in some cases dignity.  All of your marital problems, fertility problems and financial problems are out there for the world to see and comment on (thank you attention seekers).  People think they know you and judge you harshly because of your job.  That is worth a premium of more money/reduced hours.

In terms of the 'fall out' on not getting a deal on the farm land.  That is a different thing for me.  Real estate prices are growing at an incredible pace here in the metro Portland area.  Over the last 18-24 months prices are up up 32%.  So Matt may have felt like offering the farm at fair market value from $987K to $1.3 M is acceptable (numbers are illustrative not actuals).  

And another thought is that Matt may want fair value for the property because his estate (minus AZ house which may end up with Caryn) will be shared by the other kids.  As a parent you do have to think about how 'cutting a deal' for one kid affects the others.  So if Matt underprices the farm for Zach, that means the other three lose out on inheritance.  

Just a thought.

I tell my mother to spend out her estate for two reasons:  1) No need for her children to argue over it or resent how mom may have split it up after her death  2) It kills her attempts to control me with a promise of money after she passes.  

So if Zach and Tori fall out with Matt or Amy over money, I don't care.  ZiT aren't entitled to a deal on the farm.  Matt doesn't have to sell at a below market price.  Matt should be considering his three other kids.

And I'm not saying Matt is doing any of that.  He may be a greedy bugger hoping for above market because of the sentimental value of the property fir Zach.  I just don't care and I hope it isn't a central storyline this season.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

n terms of the 'fall out' on not getting a deal on the farm land.  That is a different thing for me.  Real estate prices are growing at an incredible pace here in the metro Portland area.  Over the last 18-24 months prices are up up 32%.  So Matt may have felt like offering the farm at fair market value from $987K to $1.3 M is acceptable (numbers are illustrative not actuals).  

Oh agreed. I personally don't expect Matt to NOT make a profit on the sale of the land to any of the kids. But I can understand some anger over "I was fair and generous in buying from your mom for 987k and now you will be fair and generous in buying the same piece of property one year later for 1.3 M" - thats a significant hike. Particularly when Matt has publically thrown down the guilt card of "why won't my children step up and take on the family business" on numerous occasions. 

My own thought is that the number was likely higher than 1.3 - It is noticeable that Zach and Tory comfortably bought a 1 million dollar property. I don't feel like they were out to cheat Matt out of fair value. 

18 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

So if Zach and Tori fall out with Matt or Amy over money, I don't care.  ZiT aren't entitled to a deal on the farm.  Matt doesn't have to sell at a below market price.  Matt should be considering his three other kids.

But it does go both ways. Matt has been dangling the farm over the kids heads for years, complete with public whining how no one will step up. In a family, it isn't "DAD IS GOD AND EVERYONE DOES AS DAD WANTS WE EXIST ONLY FOR THE FATHER HIS WANTS AND NEEDS ARE EVERYTHING AND OURS ARE NOTHING" - if he genuinely wants one of the kids to take over the farm, its on him to bend a little as well, instead of playing public blame games over how awful it is that his kids won't do as he wants. 

Personally I don't thin Roloff Farms is an easy sell to a non family member. My vibe on Matt is that he will over price without understanding that the pumpkin season business isn't worth much to a non Roloff who won't attract crowds because of a tv show. I also think ZiT are better off not getting the farm because the farm is Matt's endless drama. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ms.Lulu said:

And another thought is that Matt may want fair value for the property because his estate (minus AZ house which may end up with Caryn) will be shared by the other kids.  As a parent you do have to think about how 'cutting a deal' for one kid affects the others.  So if Matt underprices the farm for Zach, that means the other three lose out on inheritance.  

This! Selling to Zach for a decent (lower) price would mean that Matt favored Zach over the other three. You could make future provisions for the other three in your will but what if property prices keep rising like they do? It would inevitably mean that Molly, Jake and Jer would still draw the short end of the stick. Those things are so tricky!

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 1

LilyD thats also true but its been my experience that someone always draws the short stick in these things. The only fair way to do it is to sell the property to strangers, and or set the expectation that no one is inheriting anything.

• Love 3