Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, auntjess said:

Post the link if you think it looks good, and I'll use one of my monthly free shares.

See my post above, it was in the LA Times, not the NY Times and I posted a link to it and a way to see it with the paywall removed.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, auntjess said:

She could buy a depilatory.
Also, what became of Tal?  I liked him.

She'd have to apply the depilatory, but I'm sure Dadwee would pay for her to be waxed.

Tal's still around, kissing her butt as usual!

• Like 4
11 hours ago, auntjess said:

She could buy a depilatory.
Also, what became of Tal?  I liked him.

I believe the issue is she can't reach the back of her legs.  And Tal is still there - hidden behind a big old unkempt beard! 😄

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, princelina said:

I believe the issue is she can't reach the back of her legs.  And Tal is still there - hidden behind a big old unkempt beard! 😄

Not to be gross, but I always wondered how she reached her rear end on the toilet. Although there is less of it now with the weight loss.

• LOL 2
27 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Not to be gross, but I always wondered how she reached her rear end on the toilet. Although there is less of it now with the weight loss.

Check out the Jeanine episode of My 600 Pound Life. She explains it with a smile - it involves kitchen tongs. Ew.

• LOL 4
25 minutes ago, LeesburgLee said:

Check out the Jeanine episode of My 600 Pound Life. She explains it with a smile - it involves kitchen tongs. Ew.

Oh yeah I remember that, unfortunately, LOL. I guess I had successfully blocked it for a while until now, LOL. 🤮

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Oh yeah I remember that, unfortunately, LOL. I guess I had successfully blocked it for a while until now, LOL. 🤮

Sorry for messing up your block!

• LOL 2
On 8/9/2024 at 11:30 AM, Yeah No said:

People of all sizes sometimes need help in that area, for various reasons. There are long-handled, body-contoured assistive devices made just for this purpose. Bidets work really well, too. If a bidet isn't practical, there are portable bidet bottles, i.e., contoured squirt bottles.  

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Dibs said:

I never understood how a bidet would be a solution.  Don't you still have to wipe?

Nope. The water spray does the removal. Then you towel dry like after a shower.

Sorry about the digression. Kitchen tongs were mentioned. People needed accurate information.

• Like 1
On 8/9/2024 at 11:30 AM, Yeah No said:

I've watched way too many little people shows (LPBW, 7 Little Johnsons, The Little Couple) and I think it was mentioned on at least one of those shows that they have these wiping devices for people with short arms. Go to Amazon and type in "wiping aids".

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

Sorry about the digression. Kitchen tongs were mentioned. People needed accurate information.

Okay; to "towel-dry" involves wiping.  Can obese people "towel-dry" themselves?  I suppose if the towel is big enough.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

I still wonder if the water spray of a bidet is enough to clean the area adequately. I would think some soap or sanitizing agent would be needed in addition to that. 

I think bidets have a reputation for making you cleaner but while they may clean better than traditional paper wiping I find it hard to believe they fully clean either. I know there are medical websites that say they power-wash all matter off but would you trust your surgeon to "power wash" his or her hands with only water before performing surgery on you without also sanitizing them with soap or some other cleaner? I know I wouldn't!

I stopped using toilet paper when flushable wipes came out. People shy away from them because they worry that they will clog toilets and septic systems, but several years into this and a few septic tank cleanings have taught me that there's nothing to worry about with them.

I wonder if Whitney has a bidet. With her issue maybe she does. I'm also wondering if her 50 lb. weight loss has made it possible for her not to need those additional aids.

• Like 2

As you said, the medical websites (and others) say bidets do an excellent job of cleaning. Unless someone is a very free spirit, the only thing a bideted naked butt is going to touch is a towel and the first layer of clothing.  

On 8/17/2024 at 5:31 PM, Dibs said:

Okay; to "towel-dry" involves wiping.  Can obese people "towel-dry" themselves?  I suppose if the towel is big enough.

I only occasionally watch My 600 Pound Life, but I'm sure I've seen people bigger than Whitney washing and drying themselves without help. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

I only occasionally watch My 600 Pound Life, but I'm sure I've seen people bigger than Whitney washing and drying themselves without help. 

She is short and carries a lot of her weight below the waist and is kind of tiny by comparison above it, with smaller shoulders and arms (a pear shape) which probably is the reason why she has had difficulty with certain things. 

I am a similar height and also a pear shape, and my highest weight was only 228 and I was getting to the point where some things were more of a struggle than I ever thought they would be at that weight. And I never had a caboose that big proportionately speaking either. Thankfully I did not stay that weight for long.

• Like 2