Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

Whitney is a pile o' poop...She has no respect for Buddy & his relationship with his girlfriend as seen in the twerking video. I hope that Tal & Todd find wonderful partners and ditch this needy unhygienic twat. I have a feeling once this show gets cancelled, we will see Whitney surrounded by her cats eating ice cream by the shovelful

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Whitney is a pile o' poop...She has no respect for Buddy & his relationship with his girlfriend as seen in the twerking video. I hope that Tal & Todd find wonderful partners and ditch this needy unhygienic twat. I have a feeling once this show gets cancelled, we will see Whitney surrounded by her cats eating ice cream by the shovelful

I think she will probably move back in with her parents (unless they pay her bills)...I just can’t see her sustaining a real job.  and eventually her 15 mins is up. Even if she did the routine dlist celebrity rounds like a Celebrity Big Brother.  You should be either popular, a villain (who actually knows he’s a villain and runs with it), or a work horse who will take any check, but actually move plot points along.  You know you’re not the star but will play supporting parts because you just care about the money.  To me, Whitney is not really popular, wouldn’t accept or acknowledge a villain role, too lazy to support the popular people on shows.  Granted, I don’t know a lot about her past but has she ever held a real job besides this show (if you want to deem it a real job).  I know they said she was a producer but for how long and weight wise/health wise was she a lot better?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Granted, I don’t know a lot about her past but has she ever held a real job besides this show (if you want to deem it a real job).  I know they said she was a producer but for how long and weight wise/health wise was she a lot better?

Twit acknowledges having had 2 jobs after college. She taught English for almost 4 years in So.Korea. She returned home to Greensboro, moved in with the parents & at some point thereafter took a job as "Producer Whitney" at a local radio show hosted by Heather's then-husband. As a lark the radio show sponsored Twit's "fat girl dancing" YouTube video, it went viral & TLC came a'callin'.

In a recent IG Q&A, Twit described the radio job as minimum wage & hated by her. So she doesn't have much of a job history to fall back on when MBFFL ends. She has said, variously, she would like to teach (and claims to have been trained in the Montessori Method), to live in the Smokey Mtns, to continue to write (now calling her "memoir" her "first book.") She was asked in an MBFFL FB Q&A where she sees herself in 5 years & she had no real answer to that. I can believe that she may think Babs & Glenn will be leaving her & Hunter a nice piece of change when they go. But, then, I am a very crass person.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Twit acknowledges having had 2 jobs after college. She taught English for almost 4 years in So.Korea. She returned home to Greensboro, moved in with the parents & at some point thereafter took a job as "Producer Whitney" at a local radio show hosted by Heather's then-husband. As a lark the radio show sponsored Twit's "fat girl dancing" YouTube video, it went viral & TLC came a'callin'.

In a recent IG Q&A, Twit described the radio job as minimum wage & hated by her. So she doesn't have much of a job history to fall back on when MBFFL ends. She has said, variously, she would like to teach (and claims to have been trained in the Montessori Method), to live in the Smokey Mtns, to continue to write (now calling her "memoir" her "first book.") She was asked in an MBFFL FB Q&A where she sees herself in 5 years & she had no real answer to that. I can believe that she may think Babs & Glenn will be leaving her & Hunter a nice piece of change when they go. But, then, I am a very crass person.

Well you’re better than I am.  I had her assuming they’d support her after the show ended.  

I’m really curious as to how Whitney was perceived in Korea, not just her looks, but her over all deameanor.  I could maybe seem her doing some FaceTime English tutoring after the show ends but I really can’t think of many things she could do job wise at this weight.  I don’t know how much she weighs and I’m admittedly bad at guessing people’s weight but she looks 500lbs to me.  I just have a hard time seeing how she physically how she can get around enough to do work.  If if she worked at a desk job, I cant see her even keeping clothes on long enough not to be called into HR.  As far as teaching, does she mean children or adults? Has she muscled her way into a producer credit on MBFFL?  I’d like to think 5 years on a show maybe she could learn some behind the scenes stuff to do.  I’m sure there’s morbidly obese people working, but even on her social media posts she seems to be lying down or moving for a few seconds or at a sped up rate, so she just so confusing to me.  I’m not familiar with these other fat acceptance people she promotes on her cruise, I mean can you make an actual living being a fat body promoter without a tv show? That’s a serious question.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Cats.....lots and lots of cats.

• Love 3
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:12 PM, Brooks said:

What happened to drawing mustaches and beards on faces?  Whoever did this is an incompetent graffiti person and deserves to be reported!

I know, right? Not even devil horns!

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I think she will probably move back in with her parents (unless they pay her bills)...I just can’t see her sustaining a real job.  and eventually her 15 mins is up. Even if she did the routine dlist celebrity rounds like a Celebrity Big Brother. 

They do physical and endurance competitions on Big Brother. She would be the first one evicted! Plus, imagine her trying to climb that narrow spiral staircase to the second floor.

11 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Has she muscled her way into a producer credit on MBFFL? 

That is the only time I have seen "muscle" and "she (Whit)" in the same sentence.

• Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

lI think she will probably move back in with her parents (unless they pay her bills)...I just can’t see her sustaining a real job.  and eventually her 15 mins is up. Even if she did the routine dlist celebrity rounds like a Celebrity Big Brother.  You should be either popular, a villain (who actually knows he’s a villain and runs with it), or a work horse who will take any check, but actually move plot points along.  You know you’re not the star but will play supporting parts because you just care about the money.  To me, Whitney is not really popular, wouldn’t accept or acknowledge a villain role, too lazy to support the popular people on shows.  Granted, I don’t know a lot about her past but has she ever held a real job besides this show (if you want to deem it a real job).  I know they said she was a producer but for how long and weight wise/health wise was she a lot better?

They probably would not be able to have the spiral stairs to the HOH room as she would get wedged in there like a trivial pursuit widget. Certainly she would not fair well in any endurance or challenge competition, unless it was stuffing her face. I think all she would do all day is lounge around in her tank tops and biker shorts stinking and greasy as the BB showers stalls are too small for her girth. But I would so vote for her a million times  to be on slop if she even made it past the first eviction.

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Emma C said:

They do physical and endurance competitions on Big Brother. She would be the first one evicted! Plus, imagine her trying to climb that narrow spiral staircase to the second floor.

That is the only time I have seen "muscle" and "she (Whit)" in the same sentence.

You got me! I actually erased that word a couple of times because I thought, it just doesn’t sound right

• Love 4

I vaguely remember from previous early-ish episodes that Twit had a job at some point with the Greensboro grasshoppers team?? Not sure what she done there exactly though? Maybe I’m mistaken though. I think Whitney will be lucky if she gets another couple of seasons of MBFFL from TLC, then it will be back to actual reality for her.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Laural said:

I vaguely remember from previous early-ish episodes that Twit had a job at some point with the Greensboro grasshoppers team?? Not sure what she done there exactly though? Maybe I’m mistaken though. I think Whitney will be lucky if she gets another couple of seasons of MBFFL from TLC, then it will be back to actual reality for her.

Wasn't a real job. It was one of those TLC set ups. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, The Tex Kitten said:

And she sucked at it. Couldn't move fast enough or stay on her feet long enough to get the job done

• Love 8
5 hours ago, The Tex Kitten said:

Like her being a 30+ yr old intern at a Charlotte radio station when she had held a identical real radio station job a few yrs earlier.

Or, for that matter, that she is an owner of a dance class business.

Aside from "starring" on a reality show on a two-bit TV channel & being a "celebrity" fat lady, her job history the past 5 years is pretty sketchy. She doesn't seem to be getting speaking gigs any more, so emoyment as a fat activist hasn't really worked out. Her clothing & tchotchkes business has apparently gone out of biz. And her ownership of an exercise enterprise isn't even real. So, if she can't parlay her MBFFL visability into something profitable, how is she going to do it without MBFFL? Lord knows, with her personality, she'll never be able to work for someone else.Yet she shows no signs of being able to be successful as her own boss.

And, yes, @Irate Panda, Twit is now listed as a producer of MBBFL. I only noticed it in S-5, but don't actually know if it started earlier.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, The Tex Kitten said:

1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

And she sucked at it. Couldn't move fast enough or stay on her feet long enough to get the job done

Oh my!  Do you guys remember the Orwellian nightmare that was those flesh-colored spandexish pants she had to wear when "working" for the Greensboro Grasshoppers?!  It was such an awkward situation overall.  

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, Haleybug said:

Oh my!  Do you guys remember the Orwellian nightmare that was those flesh-colored spandexish pants she had to wear when "working" for the Greensboro Grasshoppers?!  It was such an awkward situation overall.  

I forgot --- or maybe mentally suppressed --- those pants. What I remembered most was her being caught sitting down when she was supposed to be getting some merchandise, or putting things away, etc. 

• Love 8

I think the Greensboro grasshoppers story arc must be season 2. I’m in the UK and can only stream certain seasons online, but unable to view the majority of season 2 episodes. Very glad of this now going by the above comments re nightmare inducing pants lol.

It greatly annoys me how none of her diehard fans call out Whit for these fake scenarios. Are they really that gullible?

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Laural said:

It greatly annoys me how none of her diehard fans call out Whit for these fake scenarios. Are they really that gullible?

We here in the States never cease to be amazed that lots of "reality" stars have gullible diehard fans.  Have you ever watched an episode of Alaskan Bush People?  They DO NOT live in the bush . . . they don't even live in Alaska any more . . . and have faked everything.  And yet, the show's FB page is full of women who would marry any of the single sons.

Whitney serves as a mascot for those who are overweight and can't / won't do anything to improve their health if it means denying themselves second (or third or fourth) servings.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

We here in the States never cease to be amazed that lots of "reality" stars have gullible diehard fans.  Have you ever watched an episode of Alaskan Bush People?  They DO NOT live in the bush . . . they don't even live in Alaska any more . . . and have faked everything.  And yet, the show's FB page is full of women who would marry any of the single sons.

Whitney serves as a mascot for those who are overweight and can't / won't do anything to improve their health if it means denying themselves second (or third or fourth) servings.

True. Remember all the brouhaha several years ago when "Breaking Amish" was exposed as fake? 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

True. Remember all the brouhaha several years ago when "Breaking Amish" was exposed as fake? 

I've noticed none of her barnacles have been posting on the MBFFL page or her page (on FB) lately.  Wazzup with that? 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, The Tex Kitten said:

What is she going to do the year after the show ends???

Sign up with Dr Now for bariatic surgery, a ratings bonanaza for TLC. (It's probably in her contract.)

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Dot said:

Sign up with Dr Now for bariatic surgery, a ratings bonanaza for TLC. (It's probably in her contract.)

14 minutes ago, Dot said:

OH MY GOD I WOULD LOVE THAT.

• Love 3

Shitney's posts on Instagram lately are "throwback" to her last cruise and trying to make herself seen by talking about Shark Week:

Has filming for the next season wrapped? I don't see anymore workout posts with her "trainer" whose lifting form scares the absolute shit out of me. It has now been over 2 months since the last time she posted a pic from the gym, and we all know Shitney does nothing without attention...

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Emma C said:

Does TLC own Discovery (or vice versa)? Why would they send her a box of Shark Week stuff? Including a grill!! I guess she has a new way to make smores now.

According to Wikipedia, Discovery runs a lot of stuff:  "The company primarily operates factual television networks, such as its namesake Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, Science, TLC, and other spin-off brands. In March 2018, the company completed its acquisition of Scripps Networks Interactive, which added networks such as Food Network, HGTV, and Travel Channel to its portfolio. The combined company operates five of the ten most-watched U.S. cable channels among women."

They've been plastering FB with Shark Week links by many of their reality "stars."  

• Love 2

I'm surprised by the shark photo.  I thought she had a lot of hair implants.  This looks natural and healthy, fuller than I expected.  Any chance she's doing better?  Or maybe her PCOS is getting treated?

• Love 2

Saw you guys discussing the "RV vandalization". I thought abt that myself. I think it seems suspicious. I wanna break it down in two categories here: 

Hateful attack

- one could find out what colors in spray cans to use while walking by

- some ppl are just hateful

Desperate PR stunt

- writing doesnt cross into faces

- pink paint seems unusual

- paint only on the picture

- several strokes for every letter

- underlining words and adding punctuation - no subtlety, time consuming

- Whitneys popularity is sinking

- Whitney likes to play the victim

- many things in the show are scripted for drama

- overall graffitti seems quite artsy - it looks like some time went into it

So imo it was not some random person walking around feeling hateful. Imo it was done to get attention. 

• Love 13

I'm surprised by the shark photo.  I thought she had a lot of hair implants.  This looks natural and healthy, fuller than I expected.  Any chance she's doing better?  Or maybe her PCOS is getting treated?

Her hair looks lovely in this photo but much longer than I remember it being. Then again, I think she usually wears it up so I can't really tell.

She has extensions - or at least, she has in the past. I have them too. I love them. If they are inserted and maintained appropriately they are not visible in loose hair. People are usually surprised when I tell them I have them but I'm meticulous about maintenance. When your hair is up, it's much harder to hide them (my stylist can do it but I can only manage a low ponytail or bun without them showing). I have a lot of them too - it's easier to hide them when you have fewer.

All of which is to say that she could easily have extensions in this photo and have them not show. I think her natural hair is shorter and thinner without them but who knows - maybe it is longer and healthier now?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, cherenkov said:

I don't see anymore workout posts with her "trainer" whose lifting form scares the absolute shit out of me. 

I thought I was the only one! Whitney is carrying around a lot of weight. Her hips and especially her knees have to carry a lot. Now shes lifting weights like that and putting even more pressure on her knees while standing up and even bending them. I was just absolutely baffled any trainer would advise that. 

• Love 6

I think it is a wig. Look at the styled yet unnaturally thick part. From the looks of the rest of her there weren't any of the glam squad around.

I do happen to notice hairpieces. Dan Abrams once sported an especially bad plastic one that reflected studio lights in a weird way. He may have implants now but if you look at his father's head you will see that they both have the same issue. Patricia Altshul was wearing her wig a little too much toward the back of her head during a recent episode.  I would bet real money that three of the male leads on Big Bang Theory have toupees. Roger Stone...balding in his 20s and now a very thick rug.

Back to Twit. I very much doubt that she could go from sparse to luxurious with her nutritionally deficient diet.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, princelina said:

Ok the hair looks good in the picture, but that shoulder?  No way would I post a picture like that.

I was honestly trying to figure out where her shoulder stopped and her arm started.  Still wondering......

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Someone posted this on the MBFFL FB page:

"Did the cops catch the people who spray painted your RV or did they figure out it was you and the production crew?"

Well, I hadn't *planned* on giving my tablet a coffee bath this morning, but there it is....... :-D

Oh my garsh, that’s amaaaaazing. And it’s on the show’s page so she can’t delete it. Heading over now to check it out. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Brooks said:

Could be an old photo from her weave days

• Love 2
On 7/26/2018 at 10:13 PM, The Tex Kitten said:

Could be an old photo from her weave days

No, this is new. Someone in Discovery's PR Dept sends her Shark Week promotional crap every year.

On another subject, guessing from the multiplicity of photos on IG today, I think the S-6 vacay is in the Blue Ridge Mtns.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Dot said:

No, this is new. Someone in Discovery's PR Dept sends her Shark Week promotional crap every year.

On another subject, guessing from the multiplicity of photos on IG today, I think the S-6 vacay is in the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Yeah you're right Dot. I never check her SM accounts, this weave is new. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, The Tex Kitten said:

Yeah you're right Dot. I never check her SM accounts, this weave is new. 

The only one I ever check is FB. On a related note.... Someone (whom I suspect might be one of our snarkmates) asked if she had any tips "for thinning hair." LOL.

• Love 4

Her collection of Blue Ridge photos saddens me because they look so boring. Like she spends most of her time enjoying the hospitality amenities and takes a couple pics out the window, instead of partaking in outdoor activity. It's gorgeous up there, especially during the summer, and staying inside is so depressing.

I'm not saying this is factual, obviously, but her IG photos tell me her idea of a fabulous mountain trip involves mostly staying indoors and relishing in creature comforts. I really hope she chose to be active within the beautiful scenery, and that her social media postings are just filler to get people hanging on for the new season of MBFFL.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SenshusWoman said:

I really hope she chose to be active within the beautiful scenery. . .

I'm sure she will -- when the PMG camera is rolling. I am convinced she has been told to keep her mouth shut on SM about what's being included in S-6 of MBFFL since she gave away almost all of the story arcs in S-5 on SM a year before they were shown on TLC.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, SenshusWoman said:

Her collection of Blue Ridge photos saddens me because they look so boring. Like she spends most of her time enjoying the hospitality amenities and takes a couple pics out the window, instead of partaking in outdoor activity. It's gorgeous up there, especially during the summer, and staying inside is so depressing.

I'm not saying this is factual, obviously, but her IG photos tell me her idea of a fabulous mountain trip involves mostly staying indoors and relishing in creature comforts. I really hope she chose to be active within the beautiful scenery, and that her social media postings are just filler to get people hanging on for the new season of MBFFL.

How the heck could she be active? She can barely walk. I guess she could zip around on her mobility scooter.

• Love 9
(edited)

Well, we can already tell from her social media that the storylines include (a) Tal moves in with Whitney and they play hubby and wifey, including discussing sharing a baby, (b) Todd, Buddy and Whitney go "on the road" for a "world tour" of Big Girl Dance Class, (c) evil fat-hating people "vandalize" Whitney's van, but Whitney triumphs, in some fashion, (d) Whitney becomes a "fathlete" and works out with Jessica, doing some cross-fit stuff and strutting around when she out-does her seventy-plus year old father, (e) Whitney has some kind of thing with one of the women from the "dumped by Avi" club she started, (f) Whitney gets way into nature, first by "hiking" with "hubby" Tal, and now by lolling around in the mountains with her parents.  There were also a few early hints of a storyline where Whitney tackled her eating issues and  would be seen learning to cook for real and transitioning over to a healthy diet eaten at appropriate, regular times of day. My guess is she either failed spectacularly, or (more likely) stomped on the very idea early enough to eliminate it.  Did I miss any?

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Well, we can already tell from her social media that the storylines include (a) Tal moves in with Whitney and they play hubby and wifey, including discussing sharing a baby, (b) Todd, Buddy and Whitney go "on the road" for a "world tour" of Big Girl Dance Class, (c) evil fat-hating people "vandalize" Whitney's van, but Whitney triumphs, in some fashion, (d) Whitney becomes a "fathlete" and works out with Jessica, doing some cross-fit stuff and strutting around when she out-does her seventy-plus year old father, (e) Whitney has some kind of thing with one of the women from the "dumped by Avi" club she started, (f) Whitney gets way into nature, first by "hiking" with "hubby" Tal, and now by lolling around in the mountains with her parents.  There were also a few early hints of a storyline where Whitney tackled her eating issues and  would be seen learning to cook for real and transitioning over to a healthy diet eaten at appropriate, regular times of day. My guess is she either failed spectacularly, or (more likely) stomped on the very idea early enough to eliminate it.  Did I miss any?

What about her endless promotion for her cruise?  Think that will feature on the show? 

• Love 1

@Ketzel, II think there will also be a Buddy-centered story arc in S-6. He sure is around a lot for someone who lives in either Charleston or Baltimore.

1 minute ago, SevenCostanza said:

What about her endless promotion for her cruise?  Think that will feature on the show? 

No, bc it would be too hard to get releases signed by a boatload of people & it takes place well after filming for MBFFL ends. Every year fans ask her if the cruise will be filmed; Twit always replies, "No."

• Love 5
7 hours ago, SenshusWoman said:

I really hope she chose to be active within the beautiful scenery

She's not physically capable of it. You can see it in the IG videos of her taking a walk with Tal. She *can't* be active within the beautiful scenery, so you're just going to get pictures of her sitting or standing at whatever the accommodations are.

2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

There were also a few early hints of a storyline where Whitney tackled her eating issues and  would be seen learning to cook for real and transitioning over to a healthy diet eaten at appropriate, regular times of day.

Like her participation in the YouTube videos about the "eating protocols" and her having a "culinary coach"?

• Love 4