Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: James K's Story

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

James K. used pidgin English when describing Chinese food.  Such mocking behavior of a presumed accent is racist.  Please do not perpetuate his use of that language. 

• Start Topic

Add me to the list of folks who created an account to post about James. As such, please add a pair of drawers to the Olympic sized pool full of gasoline. For the party bus trip to Hell, I'll bring dozens of UNwrapped 1 pound cheeseburgers. 

Speaking of cheeseburgers, that part was not included in the Supersized edition. I can't, for the life of me, see what new footage was shown in place of that scene. Even after watching it two times. Does anyone know? See, I really do need those drawers. Because rewatching just to laugh at the absurdity that is Jame-Isa is not very nice of me. 

I completely agree with earlier posters who say that Lisa may be purposely overfeeding James in an effort to speed up his demise. I also completely agree that she will love the change of roles from 'Dutiful Slave of James' to 'Heartbroken Widow.' Too f'ing bad she doesn't want to fill the role of 'Protective Mother' to Bayley. That young woman has most definitely been used and abused by her Mom and Dad. 

I was also surprised that we didn't see any flies buzzing around James back in KY. The mere thought of the stench is enough to make me gag! 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I once worked with someone who was trying to lose weight but she kept gaining and gaining. Turned out she thought that liquids had no calories and she was living on beer and milkshakes. This was the daughter of a local bank president who had made it through high school, somehow. 

It's curious that none of the people on MSPL have had a drink/drug problem, at least, not that we've seen. 

1 hour ago, operalover said:

4. Why do these people say HISSELF instead of HIMSELF? Jeez

Another thing that works my last nerve is when people say, "I seen...." Gah! 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, aliya said:

Tell me about it. I just had cataract surgery. I thought that was for the elderly. 63's not elderly, is it?  : )

I hope not ,  I am 60. I had ny cataract  surgery about 4 years  ago. I was so glad to be able to SEE again.

• Love 3

4. Why do these people say HISSELF instead of HIMSELF? Jeez

5. They roll him over, he takes a massive dump,

4. "They" say "hisself" because that's what they learned from their elders.  I was born and raised in Appalachia too, and I spoke that way until I started high school and learned the correct way of speaking.

5.  The way I saw it, James took that massive dump, then told Lisa what he had done, and told her he needed to be cleaned. When they rolled him over, the pad was already saturated.

Edited by Miss Ruth
  • Love 3

James K somewhat reminds me of the character Dale the Whale from the tv show Monk first introduced in Mr. Monk Meets Dale the Whale. Dale is super mean-spirited and abusive to almost everyone he meets. Both are 800 plus pound bed-ridden men. One notable exception is that Dale "The Whale" Biederbeck was a wealthy financier and James K is dirt poor. Biederbeck later is convicted and sent to prison. If James commits a crime, I wonder how a prison would hold James K in his current condition.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, operalover said:

I'm telling you late middle age is not all it's cracked up to be.

Later on, you may find out that Bette Davis' statement on old age is true.  She said, "Old age ain't for sissies."

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Miss Ruth said:

Later on, you may find out that Bette Davis' statement on old age is true.  She said, "Old age ain't for sissies."

The Great BD.  That tiny, cancer ridden woman kept fighting until the bitter end.  "The Letter" was on TCM this afternoon.  What an actress and what an old school woman.  BD was so right about old age.  

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, Miss Ruth said:

4. "They" say "hisself" because that's what they learned from their elders.  I was born and raised in Appalachia too, and I spoke that way until I started high school and learned the correct way of speaking.

5.  The way I saw it, James took that massive dump, then told Lisa what he had done, and told her he needed to be cleaned. When they rolled him over, the pad was already saturated.

I certainly do not wish to debate this topic......lol..but.....he says Lisa I need to go the bathroom..she says Okay let me get bayley to help then she comes in with 2 clean chucks (hospital pads) and they both roll him over and shove the one clean pad under his right arse cheek then go around the other side and hoist him up and shove the other chucks under the left arse cheek..... These people must go thru so many chucks. I wonder if they pay for them or if Medicaid provides them.

• Love 2

I thought he said, "I think I went to the bathroom."  If he'd been having diarrhea (as the pop-up suggested), he may not have known for sure.  But I'm not willing to watch that episode again just to get a definitive answer to THAT question.  LOL.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I thought he said, "I think I went to the bathroom."  If he'd been having diarrhea (as the pop-up suggested), he may not have known for sure.  But I'm not willing to watch that episode again just to get a definitive answer to THAT question.  LOL.

Good call!!!! 

AZChristian said,  "But I'm not willing to watch that episode again just to get a definitive answer to THAT question.  LOL."

I was, and I did.  Here goes!

James:  "Lisa!"

Lisa:  "Hmmmm?  Did you call me?"

James:  "Yeah, uh.  I need to...  I went to the bathroom.  I need to be cleaned up."

Lisa:  "Okay.  Alright, gimme a minute.  I'm gonna get Bayley to help me.  Okay?"

Edited by Miss Ruth
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, operalover said:

He saw his mother a total of 3 times while growing up and every time she was drunk. He spoke to her for a few months before she died. Her death DEVASTATED him. I am sure we all know people who lost Loving mothers, mothers who were in their lives every day and they die- those people are devastated when that happens and they don't wind up like this.

A Mother/Son relationship is a very complicated thing.  My husband's parents separated when he was 7.  He was handed over, with his 5 year old brother, to the father to raise (with help from the paternal grandparents).  He saw his Mother physically twice in the next 10 years.  He thought they were just separated (he was raised Catholic).  His dad remarried 21 years later, at which point he figured they had just gotten divorced.  It was only 33 years after they separated that he discovered that his parents had actually divorced 6 months before she moved out.  He still thinks she is a saint!  He spent the years after his parents broke up thinking it was all his & his brother's fault that she left them.  It has only been in the past 10 - 15 years that he has come to the realization that BOTH of his parents were selfish (the lack of any discussion with the 2 kids about the family situation -i.e. divorce - is a very telling sign) and should never have had kids.  To this day, whenever he speaks to them they NEVER ask how he is doing, only talk about themselves.

In the case of James, there is every possibility that in his limited and childlike mind, he is the reason she drank.  He could very well view her as a saint as well.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, legalwriter said:

James K somewhat reminds me of the character Dale the Whale from the tv show Monk first introduced in Mr. Monk Meets Dale the Whale. Dale is super mean-spirited and abusive to almost everyone he meets. Both are 800 plus pound bed-ridden men. One notable exception is that Dale "The Whale" Biederbeck was a wealthy financier and James K is dirt poor. Biederbeck later is convicted and sent to prison. If James commits a crime, I wonder how a prison would hold James K in his current condition.

As long as the prison served unhealthy food (including Chinese food) and lots of it followed by pie/cheese cake, I dont think James would care too much. 

One of the parts of this episode that made me seethe was when Lisa comes in to see him right before bed and he begins whining about her sleeping in another room instead of sleeping there on the floor to be at his beck and call 24 hrs. It is so manipulative of him, and it shows that he has no appreciation of all the ass wiping and pustule cleaning she does for him during the day.

The manipulation is off the charts, expert level.

i know I can control my bowels and manage to make it through the night without shitting the bed. Is he that far gone that he has also lost control of all his bodily functions? He can't make it through the night without having a personal ass wiper on call? This guy.

Edited by gardendiva
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, Trees said:

You need a lawyer to have him declared incompetent.  Sounds harsh, but it's an act of kindness to protect him from his damaged mind, and keep him safe. 

They had to do that to my older sister who was in hospital and over 700 pounds. She was actually gaining weight in the hospital because her enabler boyfriend was sneaking food in there to her when everyone else wasn't looking. He also had her convinced that the staff in there was out to get her. 

• Love 5

It's 2 a.m so I'm not going to wake my mom up and ask, because I'll end up with something smacking me on the back of the head when I least expect it if I do, but I remember her watching one of these shows, Fat Doctor or Brookhaven or something else where the overweight person called the cops on her children for not getting her the food she wanted and the police told the daughter that since she had been taking care of her, she became her de facto legal caregiver and she couldn't leave her there without supervision or it was neglect.

During that episode, we were discussing how that woman from one of the islands (Dominque?) had also called the cops on her daughter crying that she hadn't been fed, so it wasn't her, it was another person. During that episode, they explained that it was a he said/she said until an investigation was completed, and even if they called APS, it didn't mean there would be a timely investigation since they were seriously underfunded and if there were no obvious signs of abuse and neglect, it could take several weeks for the investigation to be completed, during which the involuntary "caretaker" would be subjected to abuse by the patient, so it was suggested that it be started without the knowledge of the patient.

I don't know how long it is before you become legally responsible for an adult you are not married to but it probably follows the residency statutes. These victims/hostages are in between a rock and a hard place. I don't have nearly as much sympathy for the spouses who almost always begin relationships with their spouse when they are already overweight, but the kids being forced into servitude is angering. Whether they are living with a drug, alcohol, or food addict, they shouldn't have to clean up after their parents. 

• Love 10

How y'all doing?

Just another viewer here that had to make an account to discuss this. Omg, I just can't stop thinking about James, the girlfriend and the poor daughter. TLC is replaying this episode on Wednesday at 6pm EST. I've got to get my husband to watch it with me, I need someone IRL to talk to about it.

• Love 9

Okay this guy was worse than Penny. His poor father took out a loan so he could basically gain weight. He has no remorse for taking $ from his poor father. I still don't get Lisa...stop feeding him! He won't die and he can't get up! Put on a pair of noise-cancelling headphones and dump a plate of fish and steamed vegetables on his stomach tray 3 times a day. Who cares if he yells? My husband tells me - when he feels he is gaining weight and asks me to pick up pizza or something "good" - I am supposed to say "NO FAT FU$@ NO!". Tell him to stop yelling or he can lay in his own waste. These people are beyond dysfunctional!! 

Edited by TVWatcher12
Added
  • Love 14

Did anyone else notice that the last visit with Dr. No, when Lisa said she would stop bringing him food, the laser evil eye James gave her? Also, the almost smirk James had when Dr. No said he was going to stop treatment? 

Sorry if I missed it in the comments. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, operalover said:

I certainly do not wish to debate this topic......lol..but.....he says Lisa I need to go the bathroom..she says Okay let me get bayley to help then she comes in with 2 clean chucks (hospital pads) and they both roll him over and shove the one clean pad under his right arse cheek then go around the other side and hoist him up and shove the other chucks under the left arse cheek..... These people must go thru so many chucks. I wonder if they pay for them or if Medicaid provides them.

I'm certain they don't pay for them. Once you get into the system, you're usually well stocked with supplies, too-well stocked in most cases. My sister has a child with severe CP who has been on a feeding tube since birth and is in a wheelchair. They are in California, which is a generous states when it comes to social services. Because of all his problems, my nephew is on the state child's health insurance, which sends monthly deliveries of his medical supplies. Speaking specifically of chucks pads, my sister's got closets, drawers, and cupboards FULL of them because they send more than she needs and she can't get them to stop. She's been donating any sealed packs to hospitals and rest homes, but most of the chucks are delivered not sealed, so they can't take them. It's a huge waste of taxpayer money and she knows it and feels bad, but the system is so rigid and complicated, she can't do anything about it.

Maybe I should tell her to find out if there are any 600 lb bed-bound people in her area, but I'll bet they're just as supplied with chucks as she is.

• Love 4

I know my friend's elderly dad was a WWII vet and they sent him cases of chucks as well. He needed them but they sent way too many. My friend gave them to me for use in my home where I do some dog sitting and had an elderly dog who peed the floor. I used them as doggie pee pads.Those free government chucks really came in handy for me.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, operalover said:

I know my friend's elderly dad was a WWII vet and they sent him cases of chucks as well. He needed them but they sent way too many. My friend gave them to me for use in my home where I do some dog sitting and had an elderly dog who peed the floor. I used them as doggie pee pads.Those free government chucks really came in handy for me.

Whoever makes them must be in really good with the government higher-ups. Multi-million dollar contract to supply more pee pads than we need!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Dru Blood said:

A Mother/Son relationship is a very complicated thing.  My husband's parents separated when he was 7.  He was handed over, with his 5 year old brother, to the father to raise (with help from the paternal grandparents).  He saw his Mother physically twice in the next 10 years.  He thought they were just separated (he was raised Catholic).  His dad remarried 21 years later, at which point he figured they had just gotten divorced.  It was only 33 years after they separated that he discovered that his parents had actually divorced 6 months before she moved out.  He still thinks she is a saint!  He spent the years after his parents broke up thinking it was all his & his brother's fault that she left them.  It has only been in the past 10 - 15 years that he has come to the realization that BOTH of his parents were selfish (the lack of any discussion with the 2 kids about the family situation -i.e. divorce - is a very telling sign) and should never have had kids.  To this day, whenever he speaks to them they NEVER ask how he is doing, only talk about themselves.

In the case of James, there is every possibility that in his limited and childlike mind, he is the reason she drank.  He could very well view her as a saint as well.

You know, I have been thinking about this. James is extremely lucky that his dad stepped up and raised those kids! Many spouses of female alcoholics just walk away and let the kids be raised by the alcoholic parent. The only thing the kids see of the dad is there back as they're walking away.

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Hard upbringing?  My dad had one.  Born in 1925.  He never spoke much of it but from what we know, his mom was about 17, a waitress in the family seaside hotel and his father was a rich guy in his 40's who fell in love with her and parents forced them to marry.  They had 3 boys, my father the youngest.  What he told us was that his mom died when he was about 6 and his dad died shortly afterwards of a broken heart.  Nobody, back in that depression era could afford to take in 3 young boys. The brothers got split up.  My dad was shuffled between grandparents and an aunt.

What we found out from Ancestry.com is that the dad was a raging drunk and left the family.  The 1930 census shows the dad living across the country and the mom, my dad and his 2 brothers living with the mom's boyfriend, which must have been a nightmare of scandal.  Also shows Dad living part-time with an uncle whom Dad said had an "anything goes" household as a teenager.

Dad could have gone on with excuses.  But he quit high school during WW2, joined the Navy, fought the war, came home and married a local gal, had 3 kids, read like crazy to educate himself and raised us to have all of the things he never saw or had as a child with a chaotic life.  No excuses. Just work hard, save money, life responsibly, and treat others as you wish to be treated.  He had a great career, money in the back, and 3 kids who went on to be educated and successful.

People don't have to stay trapped in their horrible start in life.  My dad's struggle shows me that you can get out.  Several things he hinted at over the years lead us to think he may have been sexually molested along the way.  He never complained or made excuses. He worked his way through and succeeded.  No money?  Get out there and find work.  He was terrified of heights, but my mom said at one point, with no jobs out there, he took one as a roofer. 

Sure, many situations are worse than others.  I'm not making sweeping generalizations about everyone.  But, James and his "oh poor me I am such a victim" just made me sick.  We have no evidence that he ever tried to do a thing towards educating himself, learning job skills or improving his lot in life.  That's why I am so unsympathetic to him.

It's the difference between people who consider themselves survivors and who consider themselves victims. Your dad is a survivor, James is a perpetual victim.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Kid said:

You know, I have been thinking about this. James is extremely lucky that his dad stepped up and raised those kids! Many spouses of female alcoholics just walk away and let the kids be raised by the alcoholic parent. The only thing the kids see of the dad is there back as they're walking away.

It's the difference between people who consider themselves survivors and who consider themselves victims. Your dad is a survivor, James is a perpetual victim.

And they allow themselves to remain victims because they want their food.

Which leads me to another observation--those who have dealt with abuse and retreat into eating piles of food as if the food (and their large size) will protect them........it's doing the opposite. Their abusers continue to hold control over them, and an especially cruel abuser would see this as such. 

• Love 3

I hadn't paid much attention the first time I watched it, but on the third watch I really noticed all the Ow My Leg. Also the scene where she is going to sleep in A BED. He says If I have to go to the bathroom, you won't hear me. She says "I'll hear you". Then he says "but you know I've been having trouble with my breathing" as if he is going to drop dead. Talk about laying on the guilt. So she has to sleep on the floor! It's unreal after changing his diapers and wiping his crusty sores all day she can't sleep in her bed? It pissed me off more than anything else.

The first time when he gained 158 pounds, she says to Dr. Now- I SWEAR I won't bring him any more food. Then after 2 more months he gains another 3 pounds and she said "I SWEAR to you doctor, I won't bring him another thing". She already swore that the time before. Then she says "I swear he is really trying now". Probably only gained 3 pounds because he "tried" the week before the appointment.

I also loved how TWICE dear old Dr. Now used "mind boggling"!! ha ha ha THIS IS MIND BOGGLING!! 

• Love 6

I keep rewatching it too.  It just sucks you in.  I can't get over the fact that they contemplated moving him in a UHaul type vehicle.  Chest pain, your father having a stroke, remortgaging his house, your daughter dropping out of school to wipe your ass, heart failure, and now this- needing a moving truck to be moved.  Have we ever seen so many bottoms in one show?  And yet, at the end, he's actually worse off...

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Elizabeth9 said:

I keep rewatching it too.  It just sucks you in.  I can't get over the fact that they contemplated moving him in a UHaul type vehicle.  Chest pain, your father having a stroke, remortgaging his house, your daughter dropping out of school to wipe your ass, heart failure, and now this- needing a moving truck to be moved.  Have we ever seen so many bottoms in one show?  And yet, at the end, he's actually worse off...

AND while all that is going on he says "there is no point in me dieting now. There is no sense in following the diet. The best thing to do is for me to keep eating  whatever I want whenever I want to"

If he had followed the diet he may well have fit in the van! 

• Love 4
On 3/20/2017 at 11:17 AM, kgg said:

I don't think Lisa is sitting down with her every day at the kitchen table and teaching her algebra.

For one thing, none of these people seem to own a kitchen or dining room table.  It drives me nuts they eat off their laps or a coffee table. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

For one thing, none of these people seem to own a kitchen or dining room table.  It drives me nuts they eat off their laps or a coffee table. 

I know! It looked like they had clothes piled up in the kitchen too. Lisa was eating her fast food from the couch.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I hope not ,  I am 60. I had ny cataract  surgery about 4 years  ago. I was so glad to be able to SEE again.

Well Im 49 and had my eye done a few weeks ago.....only one had a cataract oddly enough, the other is perfect. 

So no...its not an elderly thing.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SouthernCross said:

Well Im 49 and had my eye done a few weeks ago.....only one had a cataract oddly enough, the other is perfect. 

So no...its not an elderly thing.  

I guess it's because if you live long enough it eventually happens to almost everyone. My dad had it done around 78 years old and he had perfect vision his whole life. I am sure I'll need to get it too some day. I don't wear glasses or anything now. 

Yeah this show really sucks you in because in almost all the shows, almost all of them mess up the first time, after the initial visit. Dr. Now yells at them and then they get their shit together. Dr. Now yelled at them when they arrived in Houston because for the 4 months he was counseling him long distance he lost nothing. Then he spends 10,000 dollars of his father's money to go there and GAINS 158 pounds. He gets reamed out AGAIN and 2 months later comes back having GAINED again 3 pounds.  Here is an immobile guy who continues to stuff  his face. His enabler should have had the understanding of the gravity of the situation and not brought him the food- it's not so hard to believe that he would have trouble sticking to the diet and it would be very difficult for him. But the fact that she kept on bringing him shit food is indeed mind-boggling. Any functioning adult would say to him: James, we spent $10,000 that was a gift from your father to get you here, you just went into heart failure, I have to keep cleaning up your shit and piss, NO I am not bringing you Chinese food, have a plate of fish. 

Any RATIONAL human being gets it. Why why why could she not say no to him and put her foot down? There were SOOOOO many reasons! Yes, he is an addict, but she is bringing the addict his booze and then complaining that she has to deal with the consequences of it. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, chickenella said:

How y'all doing?

Just another viewer here that had to make an account to discuss this. Omg, I just can't stop thinking about James, the girlfriend and the poor daughter. TLC is replaying this episode on Wednesday at 6pm EST. I've got to get my husband to watch it with me, I need someone IRL to talk to about it.

My husband refuses to watch, and no one else I know admits to watching it, so I'm happy to have found this board.  I hope you have better luck convincing your husband to watch :)

• Love 4

What James (and the the other failures that the show has profiled) just don't get is that the surgery is a tool. It's to give them a slight advantage in losing weight if they stick to the prescribed eating plan long term. But it's very possible (and surprisingly easy) to out-eat the surgery. Which is why there is such a high failure rate in patients who are in the super-morbidly obese category. The last study I checked showed that after 10 years, 2/3s of all patients who have bariatric surgery regain any weight that they lost following surgery. Not to mention the health issues that can result, like osteoporosis because they aren't able to absorb nutrition in what they eat completely. It's not an instant fix. 

If Dr. Now gets a patient that cannot restrain their impulses to overeat for a few months prior to surgery, then there is no way that they're going to do it afterwards. How many patients have we seen where after the surgery they either don't lose weight or end up gaining weight because they figured out a way to eat around the surgery? No matter what, it's going to boil down to the same equation that everyone who's trying to lose weight has to live by. Eat less and exercise more. If they want to lose weight and keep it off, the days of eating whatever they want/whenever they want are over!

This was something that James and his enablers were never able to wrap their heads around. Whatever ability he had to following the plan was short-lived and dissolved at the first sign of any setback. "Oh well... no one donated to GoFundMe so I might as well eat and enjoy myself." "It's just one meal and I'll double-up on exercise." "I ate fish yesterday, so I can have Chinese today." James used every excuse he could find to justify eating what he knew that he shouldn't and there was nothing that anyone could tell him that would get him to change his ways. If being told that he had congestive heart failure wasn't enough to shake the cobwebs out of his overstuffed head, then nothing was going to. The only answer would have been to lock him up in a medical facility where he would only be given the prescribed foods and nothing else, but that would only have been a short-term answer. Because we saw that it took almost no time at all for him to return to his old eating habits.

I'm curious to see if the show will do a follow-up on him and see how things turn out. At the very least, my hope is that Lisa and Bailey get away from him and that his father keeps his house. James is going to die in his bed and there nothing that anyone can do to prevent that because he won't do what he need to.

• Love 14

Very well said, Hana Chan! But the way these people carry on, they think getting the surgery is going to magically erase 400 pounds. Every single one of them says "I don't know what I'll do if Dr. Now says no to me- I will have no options then except to die".  "This surgery is my only hope to save my life". It's not true. You can save your own life! They really don't understand that the surgery is only going to help a little bit with allowing them to eat less each time they eat and  make them feel full. This will help over the long run so you won't have a strong hunger feeling trying to limit calories. But you still have to diet- it just makes dieting a bit easier. But the super obese don't eat because they are hungry anyway! I love when they say "when I wake up I'm starving". 

• Love 5
On 3/16/2017 at 7:40 PM, ClareWalks said:

Oh my god. He can't even be touched. Being brought into the Houston house he expected that his legs wouldn't even touch the sides of the doorframe? And he whines like a child constantly? I get it, your legs hurt, but how the FUCK does that even happen to your legs? You have to just sit there and do nothing about this for years! It's like hearing about that woman whose skin grew around her toilet seat and she got stuck to it, I was like "how the HELL long was this LOON sitting on that toilet?!" I can't even feel sorry for someone in that situation. It'd be like being hit by a car that is moving toward you in plain sight at 0.02 mph.

Don't touch the sides! It was like the worse game of Operation ever! However, instead of having the patient's nose buzz and turn red when you accidentally touch the sides, he shouts out "Ow, my legs!"

Against my better judgment I did watch this episode again, although not the supersize version. Good gracious! It is just as bad as the first time. One small thing I noticed was the utter cheesiness of the news story that was done to drum up cash for their gofundme. It would make Kent Brockman (The Simpsons) proud. The last shot is presumably of James looking wistfully and longingly at the door with the voice over saying all he wants is to get out of bed and go outside and live life. It is ridiculous because truly the only time I remember see him looking anxiously at the door was when he was waiting for Lisa to come back with the Chinese Food and exclaimed "FOOD!" when she walked in. 

I love the movie Sling Blade. Throughout the show, Lisa kept reminding me of someone. Then I finally figured it out. She looks and talks like the woman they set Carl (Billy Bob) up with. 

https://youtu.be/ehLxet40d4k

I still can't get over him gaining over 150 lbs in 2-4 months. It is one thing not to lose at all or even to gain 10-20 but to gain a whole person and still try to utter that he was following plan with a few cheat days. The cognitive dissonance is astounding. 

I shudder to think what James's rock bottom even is if it isn't being in constant pain, giving his g/f hernias, stealing his daughter's youth and education, heart failure, wallowing in his own pee and feces, the state of his legs, wasting his ailing father's money and just being an overall 800 anchor around the neck of his family. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

my hope is that Lisa and Bailey get away from him and that his father keeps his house.

How about a Go Fund Me page for the dad? No one wants to hand over their hard earned cash to bankroll James' bull. But the dad is a different story. I bet he'd raise that $10K in no time! Heck, even a Free Bailey page would be great. She could get money to go home, enroll in school, and leave old poopy pants stinking in his bed!

• Love 3

Except that they'd both (father and daughter) turn around and spend that money on James.  James is the black hole of their universes.  He'll keep suck up time, food, money... ALL the resources until he dies.

• Love 20
18 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

How about a Go Fund Me page for the dad? No one wants to hand over their hard earned cash to bankroll James' bull. But the dad is a different story. I bet he'd raise that $10K in no time! Heck, even a Free Bailey page would be great. She could get money to go home, enroll in school, and leave old poopy pants stinking in his bed!

Sounds really nice, but I can see them giving James some of the cash. It's a catch 22! Nonetheless a great gesture!?

Edited by Yolo
  • Love 4

It has been almost week, a new episode is about to air and my ass still can't stop posting. I meant to say in my earlier post that yes indeed his legs look noticeably worse towards the end of the episode. The growth/boils whatever you call them have completely taken over and are all very round and look puss filled - it is almost like his leg skin is at a rolling boil. Shudders. Plus, the color of them is quite alarming. They look an angry red, bordering on dark red in some spots. It looks like thousands of angry mini volcanoes ready to explode. I actually had to turn away because it was making my stomach roll and my skin itchy. It is just too much for human eyes and I wished someone would've covered them with the sheet. I am really curious as to whether they were being medically treated at all. 

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

I love the movie Sling Blade. Throughout the show, Lisa kept reminding me of someone. Then I finally figured it out. She looks and talks like the woman they set Carl (Billy Bob) up with. 

LOL.  LOL for days!  You're right!

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

Sounds like a great idea, but I'll bet Bailey wouldn't see a dime and the dad would probably give the money to James for food. He was willing to mortgage his house even though James had done nothing to help himself for years. It probably wouldn't be too hard to guilt him out of any GFM money.

• Love 5

Ok, then how about a stipulation that the funds go directly to the second mortgage lender for the dad. The funds could go directly to the university for Bailey. Any money left over goes directly to the landlord for her very own apartment. Of course, it would have to be on the second floor so pops can't weasel his way in.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

Ok, then how about a stipulation that the funds go directly to the second mortgage lender for the dad. The funds could go directly to the university for Bailey. Any money left over goes directly to the landlord for her very own apartment. Of course, it would have to be on the second floor so pops can't weasel his way in.

Haha! Perfect!

From the article:

... he could not even move at all.

Overall, Pijnnaken believes that the disaster that unfolded during the TLC show’s latest episode was a result of James and Lisa ultimately not having ample guidance in following Dr. Now’s diet plan.

----

Whoever gave this interview lied or the writer changed the facts.  I saw James move.  He really went to town with that fork when he had a mountain of food under his chins.

Blaming Dr. Now and his team is a cop-out, plain and simple.  James knows he blew it.  Maybe he's trying for another bite at the apple.

• Love 19