Athena
  • Start Topic

Mo 3/6: John Stamos, Andy Grammer
Tu 3/7: Ariel Winter, Sherri Shepherd
We 3/8: Eric Stonestreet, Audra McDonald
Th 3/9: Mandy Moore, James Cameron
Fr 3/10: Tom Bergeron, Train, Masaharu Morimoto, Art Smith

(edited)

Well, I did NOT like today's show and if today is any indication what the rest of the week will be like, I just may pass.

I am not a big Disney person, nor am I into theme parks and at the risk of sounding like a miserable, curmudgeon, I thought the show was silly. The trivia game and then the find Whoopi bit? Andy Grammer - uh...who's he? Apparently some pop singer. Yeah, I am hopelessly out of the loop. He's having a kid? Couldn't care less. 

No wonder I started cleaning my stove while it was on.

I don't know exactly what age group today's show was aimed at but it sure as hell wasn't mine!!

Edited by dinkysquid
  • Love 7

have not watched today show yet.  thought hot topics would at least be interesting after what happened this weekend.

I adore Andy Grammer.  A co-worker and I went to his concert this past summer.

• Love 1

I like Andy Grammer too.  He seems like a really sweet guy.

The Disney location seems kind of strange since the View gets so political and suggestively sexual.  Not G rated. So who is in the audience?  Parents who dumped their kids for an hour?  Yeah, this week sounds like a 5 hour commercial for Disney/ABC.

• Love 4

Like dinkysquid I'm not a big Disney person. ( or theme/ride parks). I've stopped saying that since  people look at you like you're unAmerican. 

However I liked Whoopi's story of surprising her mom. I took my 4 and 2 year old grandkids and their parents for their first trip for my 70 th birthday.  My grandson managed to sleep soon after the time we got on the road in San Jose until we pulled into the Disneyland Hotel. To tell him we are there was the BEST

I wound up leaving the room then deleating  because lack of motivation to clean oven  

• Love 3

I'm another of the old geezers who has little love for Disney & similar, & really hate the obligatory View trips thereto.  Another thing I hate is the recent rehabbing of GW (Shrub) Bush, although I do appreciate that he & his family did not support Drumpf.

I still cannot forget that Shrub came into office via his family's influence, FL hanging chads, & a far from impartial Supreme Ct., nor that he led us via LIES into endless, $trillion war, falsely claimed (after his stunt jet landing on aircraft carrier in 2003) that the Mid. E. was was over (such a farce - I met him in Houston in 1969, when he was a card-playing drunk, about to go AWOL - he didn't have so much fondness then for REAL battle flying, apparently!)  I'd heard before that Sara had ties to the Bush Bunch & now see she's a cozy pal of Jenna-got-my-tv-job-'cause-I'm-a-Bush, so it's very clear why Sara is so frequently such an infuriating fence sitter.

On the plus side, it was interesting to hear Sunny talk authoritatively today re federal wire tap policy - too bad Dummy-in-Chief is so egotistical that he doesn't understand his own level of ignorance (nor ahborrence.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I like Andy Grammer too.  He seems like a really sweet guy.

The Disney location seems kind of strange since the View gets so political and suggestively sexual.  Not G rated. So who is in the audience?  Parents who dumped their kids for an hour?  Yeah, this week sounds like a 5 hour commercial for Disney/ABC.

I LOVE Disney world.  (Hence, my avatar).  It's so much more than rides and parades.  If I had the money, I could spend a month there and be happy.  Especially EPCOT.     But I agree that it's a strange location for political discussion.  

Last time I was at Disney, October 2016,  The Chew was taping there.   Though I like that show, I had no interest in sitting through a TV taping when there was so much more to do at EPCOT.  then, the taping schedule was all messed up anyway (as was my vacation)  because of the hurricane.

Yeah, it's a Disney commercial.  But a lot of ABC shows do a week at WDW.  sitcoms, game shows, talk shows - they all do it.  It's cool if you want to see what's new at Disney, but it works a lot better when it's a sitcom, and they can have a storyline about a family going to WDW.  Roseanne, BLack-ish, Modern Family - they all had good episodes at WDW.  the View?  not so much.

• Love 6
(edited)

I have my gripes about the show but it is a part of my daily routine. I missed seeing today's show live due to breaking local news and I was kind of pissed. Now, after seeing it online, I was pissed for nothing. 

Edited by May Jacks
  • Love 6
(edited)

Count me as another person underwhelmed with Disney World.  When I was in my mid-forties, I met my niece (three years younger than me) at her Mom's (my sister) place in Fort Myers.  As a "surprise", my sister had purchased tickets for DW & Epcot with an over-night stay at the Disney Hotel.  My niece was a happy little camper & I was mentally singing "Is That all There Is?".  Gawd, I was bored to tears, as I was with the two World's Fairs I attended.  OTOH, take me anyplace where there's critters & I'm totally enthralled!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
when am I going to learn underwhelmed is one word!!
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, backformore said:

I also loved Whoopi as the Haunted Mansion host, and I share Whoopi's love of the Dole Whip floats at the Magic kingdom. 

oh, yeah - and I knew all the trivia questions.  Cause I'm a Disney nerd, ok?

I was just in Orlando over the weekend looking for a place to live. If I can get a part time job as a Cast Member, a Haunted Mansion host would be my dream job.

I also liked Whoopi's Small World doll. Who wouldn't want one of those?

• Love 3

I'd heard before that Sara had ties to the Bush Bunch & now see she's a cozy pal of Jenna-got-my-tv-job-'cause-I'm-a-Bush, so it's very clear why Sara is so frequently such an infuriating fence sitter.

Oh, airhead Sara is such a flake.

She continues to act like a cutesy 22 year old. This is a good week to tune out.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think they might as well rehire Sherri and get it over with.

Ben Carson seems to be a medical savant or something.  He's brilliant when it comes to medical stuff but so out of touch with everything else.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 11
(edited)

I'm enjoying the Disney shows. I'd go every year if possible and I often tease the hubby that we should sell the house and move to Orlando when he retires from the military.

After the last month or two of practically 24/7 Trump, I think the show needed this "break". I'm honestly surprised they don't go more often since ABC sends The Chew down there every year for the Food and Wine Festival. I'm enjoying Whoopi and Joy being more lighthearted. Joy was fun with the kids at the Star Wars ride, and I'm starting to think that Whoopi stays on The View just for the free trips to Disney. 

Edited by Stacey1014
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Ben Carson seems to be a medical savant or something.  He's brilliant when it comes to medical stuff but so out of touch with everything else.

Right you are! On one hand, I think, well...the guy got through medical school and he was a neurosurgeon. Then...I he opens his mouth and it just doesn't make sense.

So is this Disney commercial going to last all week?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I think they might as well rehire Sherri and get it over with.

Exactly. It's possible to have super intelligence in a very specific area.  He is severely lacking in the ability to communicate complex ideas. Whether or not he understands the ideas, we don't know. 

He certainly is in the wrong job.

• Love 8

Not digging the Disney shows -- it's just so poorly produced. I realize it's an ad for the corporate ownership, but it's pretty much a bust for me as a viewer. Wrong clips shown, corporate shill guests, and ALL! THIS! SCREAMING!

I've got nothing against Disney, but it's not a good studio for a talk show.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Not digging the Disney shows -- it's just so poorly produced. I realize it's an ad for the corporate ownership, but it's pretty much a bust for me as a viewer. Wrong clips shown, corporate shill guests, and ALL! THIS! SCREAMING!

YES!!!!! And I couldn't imagine being in their audience, sitting out in the hot sun like that.

Hope they loaded up on their SPF!!

And about those silly games.......I look forward to next week - back in the studio. I really hate all this corporate bullshit. Like, a lot.

• Love 9

Whoopi is such a pill. When it came to the discussion about guys being sexy, I knew she wouldn't participate. After all the talk she does about what a freak she has been in the bedroom and all the men who have made their way to her bed, you'd think she would have something to say about what gets her motor running -- and I'm sure she does have those things, like every other sexual person on the planet. But instead, she looked down her nose at the other women for saying what turned them on about their mates and openly mocked them ("What year is this? Wow, you've made such huge strides!")

In WhoopiLand, emotions and being vulnerable are for losers, apparently. (I am a lifelong feminist, and there's nothing wrong with being turned on by a guy who fixes a drain or makes you dinner. Nothing wrong with a guy being turned on by a significant other who does the same for him. Geez, Whoopi, you are a bitter old thing!)

• Love 21
16 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Whoopi is such a pill. When it came to the discussion about guys being sexy, I knew she wouldn't participate. After all the talk she does about what a freak she has been in the bedroom and all the men who have made their way to her bed, you'd think she would have something to say about what gets her motor running -- and I'm sure she does have those things, like every other sexual person on the planet. But instead, she looked down her nose at the other women for saying what turned them on about their mates and openly mocked them ("What year is this? Wow, you've made such huge strides!")

In WhoopiLand, emotions and being vulnerable are for losers, apparently. (I am a lifelong feminist, and there's nothing wrong with being turned on by a guy who fixes a drain or makes you dinner. Nothing wrong with a guy being turned on by a significant other who does the same for him. Geez, Whoopi, you are a bitter old thing!)

^^^ EXACTLY!!  Well said! ^^^

• Love 9
Just now, Former Nun said:

Sunny + Ben Carson:      "I know him very well," and explained his mentorship of her surgeon husband.   "I don't know him well."   This was in the same conversation.

Yes, I wondered about that too.  Very strange.

Totally off topic, but ever since Captain Chaos used the words "so-called", I'm seeing it everywhere.  WTF???  (Like, I need to reminded of that orange blob all.the.time!!!)  Just sayin'.

• Love 4

the thing I don't understand is why all those people are sitting in the View audience.  Yeah, you might get a freebie, but chances are you will not.   You paid a bunch of money to get into the park, you're probably staying at an expenisive hotel, paying for expensive meals and such.  And you're in DISNEY WORLD!   Get on a ride, stroll the countries in Epcot, see the animals in Animal Kingdom, walk around taking in the landscaping and music.  Sitting in the hot sun watching these women TALK?  WHY? 

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, backformore said:

the thing I don't understand is why all those people are sitting in the View audience.  Yeah, you might get a freebie, but chances are you will not.   You paid a bunch of money to get into the park, you're probably staying at an expenisive hotel, paying for expensive meals and such.  And you're in DISNEY WORLD!   Get on a ride, stroll the countries in Epcot, see the animals in Animal Kingdom, walk around taking in the landscaping and music.  Sitting in the hot sun watching these women TALK?  WHY? 

But, maybe ABC is handing out snacks during the show. Or promising free gifts. Ya never know what goes on behind the scenes. Me, I would go just to see Joy.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, backformore said:

Sitting in the hot sun watching these women TALK?  WHY? 

First of all, I say too often that something's wrong with me.  I have met celebrities and top politicians and there was nothing thrilling.  Even as a teenager when my best friend SCREAMED when Elvis came on the screen (his first picture...dramatic...black and white), I was humiliated.  That said, there are people who are THRILLED to be within viewing distance of any celebrity, no matter how minor or notorious.  Most understand it, I do not.

P.S.  We went to that movie (Love Me Tender, 1956) in the afternoon right after school (our school was downtown).  There were very few people in the theater, so when she SCREAMED...she was the only one.  The few people turned around to see what happened.  I have reminded her about that 2many times for the past 60 years.  It's STILL embarrassing to attend concerts with her.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Yeah, Whoopi really misinterpreted what they were saying.  She was thinking that the others were saying a man is sexy when he uses tools to fix stuff, in a manly way.  What they were saying was if a guy helps you with something, solves a problem for you, cooks a meal, it makes you feel cared for, and that is sexy.  

Whoopi is very invested in her "I don't need anybody" stance.  I wonder why. It's like someone hurt her or let her down at some point. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, backformore said:

Whoopi is very invested in her "I don't need anybody" stance.  I wonder why. It's like someone hurt her or let her down at some point. 

Loathe I am to think I am in any way similar to Whoopi I will admit to being very independent and a great deal of it has to do with needing someone and them failing me  Several times.  It hardens you to the point when someone offers genuine help you are suspicious and reject the overture.  Yes I am in therapy.  LOL

• Love 8

I get it susieq147.  I find it hard to trust anyone because of people who did't come through with whatever they said they would.  

I've have asked someone to do a specific task, like empty the dishwasher and then put the dirty dishes into it, and then I walk away.  I have asked same person to wipe down counters in the kitchen afterward as part and parcel of the first task, but unless I am specific, it will not get done.  

It's a pain to have to spell out everything, but it's better than me doing it all.

Whoopi?  I doubt she lifts a finger at home, cuz she's got all those relatives that she's supporting to pay their way somehow.

• Love 1

I would have liked to hear her say what she finds sexy in a partner. But instead, she kept quiet and mocked everyone else. I just find her insufferable when she's like that. I've seen her be vulnerable -- rarely -- and it's a good look for her. I'll never forget when she teared up in the middle of some story right after her mother passed away because she thought of her, and said, "Sometimes it just comes out of nowhere, you know?" THAT version of Whoopi, I like a lot. But the one who asks the panel questions and then mocks them for answering... not so much.

• Love 7

What did Joy say that they bleeped out?  After being on a bus with teenagers she smelled like Clearasil and __________ ???

I just have to say ... I am absolutely hating these Disney shows.  Today was the first day I have made it past the first commercial break all week (and that is only because I am a little ill and I had to dash off for a bathroom break and didn't have time to change the channel before I left the room). I come back and find some damn singing contest going on ... and on and on and on. AND ON.  Omg someone needs to be fired for this mess, seriously.  It is UNWATCHABLE!

And maybe it's petty in light of all the other failings of this week's shows, but all of them sitting there in sunglasses really bothers me.  They can't make it through one hour without them?  I don't want to watch a talk show where I can't see anyone's eyes. Especially not a boring crummy one with a bunch of lame ass guests and painfully stupid games. 

If this week of shows doesn't have the lowest rating for the entire year, I'll eat my remote control.  UNWATCHABLE! 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

What was Jedidiah's accent today?   Ghetto?  Southern?  Nuu Yoak?

Your guess is as good as mine!!!  I noticed that she kept switching too.

I'm asking the same question Celia ... I only saw that part of the show & was curious as to what came after Clearasil too!!

• Love 5

Jed's accent was full throttle today wasn't it?   She's just so damn cool.  She thinks.   What was with her waving her hands in the air like she was some superstar trying to rev up the crowd at a concert?  It was even worse than usual today.  

You're on the damn View, sister, not performing a halftime show at the Superbowl.  And you share the stage with four other people.  Dial it down a notch, Madonna.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What did Joy say that they bleeped out?  After being on a bus with teenagers she smelled like Clearasil and __________ ???

Whatever it was, it wasn't very Disney.

1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

And maybe it's petty in light of all the other failings of this week's shows, but all of them sitting there in sunglasses really bothers me.  They can't make it through one hour without them?  I don't want to watch a talk show where I can't see anyone's eyes. Especially not a boring crummy one with a bunch of lame ass guests and painfully stupid games. 

Since they are also complaining about the heat whoever planned the week has a big fail. The cast should be in a shaded area so they don't wilt and don't need sunglasses. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Jed's accent was full throttle today wasn't it?   She's just so damn cool.  She thinks.   What was with her waving her hands in the air like she was some superstar trying to rev up the crowd at a concert?  It was even worse than usual today.  

You're on the damn View, sister, not performing a halftime show at the Superbowl.  And you share the stage with four other people.  Dial it down a notch, Madonna.

This is what bugs me the most about her. She's the one on the panel with the least amount of seniority and she's acting like she's  the HBIC. She has no humility. 

I liked the James Cameron/Avitar segment. I'm thinking this week was more a giant commercial for the new Avatar area of Animal Kingdom than anything else. It looks like a nice gentle ride, but I've never seen the movie and have no interest. Outside of the roller coaster, I'm not a big fan of Animal Kingdom.  

• Love 4

I agree, the show's a bit boring, but I don't mind them having weeks like this once in a while. I think there's something a little quaint about them sitting outside in sunglasses. I laughed the other day when a bug landed on the table and again today when Joy's hat blew off while Sara was pushing her again. When they're not talking about serious subjects though, it just makes Jedi stick out like a sore thumb; there is no camaraderie between her and the others. Paula would've made more sense for a fluff week, because she can halfway get along with the others.

• Love 6