Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Cohen. Lenny Cohen.

Drogo

Ezra, Richard and Jules visit Maddie's parents. Meanwhile, Sally makes a discovery with dangerous consequences, and Maddie inches closer to Patrick as Lenny Cohen (Uma Thurman) arrives to set things straight.

(edited)
58 minutes ago, Michichick said:

I thought the show took a really interesting twist tonight since the mark knew about the doctor, and now appears to be dead. I'm genuinely interested to see what Maddie does next.

I think we are going to get plenty of twists according to this article and I look forward to it!

I wonder how they will get the cell phone back to Maddie's dad.

From the previews it looks like Lenny Cohen gets the job done. 

The Doctor reminds me of Charlie from Charlie's Angels.

I agree with the posters who think Patrick isn't who he seems to be.

I'm surprised this forum isn't getting much activity. 

Edited by druzy
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, druzy said:

I think we are going to get plenty of twists according to this article and I look forward to it!

From the previews it looks like Lenny Cohen gets the job done. 

The Doctor reminds me of Charlie from Charlie's Angels.

Agree!!

I agree with the posters who think Patrick isn't who he seems to be.

I thought that but then when Mark knew who the Doctor was, it now seems that he's shady (and dead) so I hope Patrick will be normal. 

I'm surprised this forum isn't getting much activity.

I KNOW!!!  

• Love 3

I almost didn't watch because I didn't want anything to happen to Patrick! Felt bad for Sally.

I also don't know why I was so surprised that they barely bleeped "fuck" in the show, considering the crap that regularly comes out of the Housewives' mouths, but I was shocked for a moment there that I was pretty much hearing the word over and over again.

i really don't want the three spouses to find Maddie, I like the separate storylines.

Still hooked on the show!

• Love 9

Man, they sure packed the twists in during this episode and I loved it.

What happens now that the Mark is dead? And does the Doctor have a relationship with all of the previous Marks somehow too?

I gotta admit. I was scared as Hell for Sally and was glad that she was not the one dead. 

I'm enjoying the side storyline with the spouses too but it almost feels like another show. I shudder to think what happens when they run across Lenny.

And Maddie better stop playing with fire. 

• Love 9

Loved it!  Great episode and I'm glad they've upped the ante re. the Doctor and his nefarious network.  I haven't ever been a fan of Uma Thurman, but she's killing it here.  It was good to see Mel Harris too and it made me miss "Thirty Something" all over again.  I may need to track that show down on Hulu or Netflix.

The numbers the older con/ fake IT guy stole from the bank & the courier last week were incriminating evidence that Heller is skimming from the Doctor.  So I'm getting some answers to my questions from last week.  But now I have a couple more! 

If Heller knows about the Doctor, why wouldn't he have been more suspicious of "Saffron" from the get go? He's a frumpy older guy, and some slinky younger babe sidles up to him for a job? And why did Sally keep taking the hidden floor money out every time she was at Heller's house?  She looked like she had counted it all and made notes in previous episodes.  But then every time she worked at Heller's house, she takes it out all over again?  And she didn't close the blinds/block the window while she did it?  Not very stealth-y behavior for an experienced con!

• Love 10

@BusyOctober I agree that it was weird Sally kept taking out the money. I feel like she was thinking about stealing it and running. At one point the older guy con asked her something about whether she'd seen anything at the mark's house and she said no. So I was guessing she hadn't reported the floorboard money to her bosses.

i also completely agree that if Heller worked for the doctor, there's no way he wouldn't have been suspicious of Maddie from the very beginning. Doesn't make sense that he'd fall for her con.

• Love 12

Is the premise of the entire series like "The Fugitive", with the trio always being ever so close but never catching Maddie?  I hope so.

I felt sorry for Heller at first until he confronted Saffron and Patrick on the sidewalk.  He should have just driven by and realized he had no chance with her anyway.  Once he went psycho on them, I was glad she hadn't hooked up with him.

I really like the dynamics of the trio searching for Maddie.  The chemistry among these three is really good.  Can't remember their TV names, but I thought the cute guy showed real compassion when he said they had to take the phone back because the people weren't rich.

I figured if there was going to be a fight to death between Heller and the cleaning lady, Heller would be the one to not survive.

I really like this show.  It has serious moments and laugh out loud moments as well.

• Love 18
49 minutes ago, Michichick said:

@BusyOctober I agree that it was weird Sally kept taking out the money. I feel like she was thinking about stealing it and running. At one point the older guy con asked her something about whether she'd seen anything at the mark's house and she said no. So I was guessing she hadn't reported the floorboard money to her bosses.

i also completely agree that if Heller worked for the doctor, there's no way he wouldn't have been suspicious of Maddie from the very beginning. Doesn't make sense that he'd fall for her con.

I was thinking the same thing about Sally regarding the money.

• Love 2

I think there was more to the story with the mark. Sally made a comment a few episodes ago that this job felt "off" or something. The IT guy (what's his name? For some reason, I can't remember) didn't say anything but he knew that Heller was stealing from the Doctor (as we found out later). So, Sally was also kept in the dark. Wonder why.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

And why did Sally keep taking the hidden floor money out every time she was at Heller's house? 

I thought she had found a second stash of money!  I thought the first one was in a closet and it looked like the one from this episode was in the middle of the room.  Maybe someone can let me know if I'm wrong.

Edited by DoubleUTeeEff
clearer
3 minutes ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

I thought she had found a second stash of money!  I thought the first one was in a closet and it looked like the one from this episode was in the middle of the room.  Maybe someone can let me know if I'm wrong.

I'm sure it was the same location because it was under the same window - at least that's what it looked like to me.

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought in last week's episode when they first introduced the Doctor he made some comment or question about the mark possibly being a patient or sick. Maybe that's how he knows the Doctor. But I agree it's weird that he immediately went to Sally as the mole and not Saffron/Maddie. 

Also, it's felt a bit like Ezra and the wife have some chemistry/might end up getting together. I don't know if they said whether the wife was lesbian or bi, though.

Edited by taragel
  • Love 4

Heller didn't want to believe that it was Saffron, IMO.

I love the three exes, but I am disappointed that they took to conning people to get money.  It's sort of a 'becoming that which you hate' scenario.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Evagirl said:

I'm sure it was the same location because it was under the same window - at least that's what it looked like to me.

I think there was more, maybe?

I am really enjoying this show, bad wigs and all!

Edited by OoogleEyes
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

If Heller knows about the Doctor, why wouldn't he have been more suspicious of "Saffron" from the get go?

From the previous episode I understood that he was laundering money for the Doctor (thru the bank?) and stealing a significant amount of it. This only required him to know the doctor was getting the money illegally, not the type of operation he is running. There was no reason for him to know it was a con operation or what kind of con (in this case a honey trap). In fact the doctor may be running many more types of criminal operations.

• Love 8

I don't know why, when the Doctor found out Heller was skimming, he'd send (one of?) his con teams to infiltrate. Instead of, you know, just offing Heller. I guess it's possible the Doctor wanted proof beforehand, but Max was able to get that without all the Maddie and Sally shenanigans. And if the con team didn't even know why they were infiltrating, it makes even less sense.

Why wasn't Sally able to leave the house after her fight with Heller? She may have been injured but ran out well enough when Maddie arrived and told her to.

I'm another one who's suspicious of Patrick. Attractive, youngish, wealthy, charming single man just hanging around in a coffee shop with no one to love.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Lord Donia said:

I don't know why, when the Doctor found out Heller was skimming, he'd send (one of?) his con teams to infiltrate. Instead of, you know, just offing Heller. I guess it's possible the Doctor wanted proof beforehand, but Max was able to get that without all the Maddie and Sally shenanigans. And if the con team didn't even know why they were infiltrating, it makes even less sense.

Why wasn't Sally able to leave the house after her fight with Heller? She may have been injured but ran out well enough when Maddie arrived and told her to.

I'm another one who's suspicious of Patrick. Attractive, youngish, wealthy, charming single man just hanging around in a coffee shop with no one to love.

I wondered about that too, but figured that he'd rather torture him with another major heartbreak? The Doctor seems like he'd enjoy torturing his victims and watching these twisted games go down.

i assumed Sally was traumatized and paralyzed by fear and what she went through.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Loved it!  Great episode and I'm glad they've upped the ante re. the Doctor and his nefarious network.  I haven't ever been a fan of Uma Thurman, but she's killing it here.  It was good to see Mel Harris too and it made me miss "Thirty Something" all over again.  I may need to track that show down on Hulu or Netflix.

So funny that Mel Harris is also in the other new con artist show, Shut Eye!  Catch it on Hulu.  Uma is Kill Billing it.

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 2

I'm thoroughly enjoying this show.  I had never previously heard of Inbar Lavi, but she is killing it. I find her believable in all of the personas she inhabits on this show, and she can switch gears very smoothly. 

I'm rooting most for Ezra. I just find him very likable, whereas the other two are more like caricatures. They're a fun team, though.

I agree with those who hoped that Sal would emerge the winner in this Death Battle of the Cons.  I am very curious as to why Maddie just urged Sal to leave the scene, and didn't at least try to split the cash with her. She's in trouble now, no matter what, so I thought she'd be better off taking some of the money and disappearing (although the Doctor and Lenny Cohen would be able to track her down, I'm sure).

I can't seem to find any websites that are reviewing this show past the pilot episode.

• Love 6

I agree with those who hoped that Sal would emerge the winner in this Death Battle of the Cons.  I am very curious as to why Maddie just urged Sal to leave the scene, and didn't at least try to split the cash with her. She's in trouble now, no matter what, so I thought she'd be better off taking some of the money and disappearing (although the Doctor and Lenny Cohen would be able to track her down, I'm sure).

I do not read the situation as Sally taking off with the money. No way! This is the doctor's money. I see it as Maddy letting Sally go take care of herself and deal with the money and the doctor while she deals with the crime site.

I don't see Sally crossing the doctor anytime soon.  Didn't we see flashbacks of Sally being involved with someone who ends up beaten up, tied to a chair?

• Love 2

I absolutely think Sally was planning on taking the money and running.  Unless she has some separate plan/con going on with The Doctor.  Max (?) asked her if she found anything in Heller's house and she said no.  This was clearly after she had found the money.

Having her repeatedly opening up the floorboards and look at the money was clearly for plotline purposes so Heller could catch her.  The tension in that room, oh boy. 

I do think it's interesting that Heller may have not realized that Saffron was part of The Doctor's scheme from the start.  She was too available, too flirty.  Of course he may have put two and two together once he caught Sally.  Guess we'll never know. 

As to why The Doctor would send the cons in rather than having Lenny take Heller out, it's possible that The Doctor wanted to crush Heller without outright killing him.  Having his heart broken, having his money and position stripped from him. 

I'm surprised that the Trio found Maddie's real identity so quickly.  They are hilarious to watch.  Their chemistry together is great. 

I wouldn't want to piss Uma off.  No way, no how.

Really look forward to next week. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I absolutely think Sally was planning on taking the money and running.  Unless she has some separate plan/con going on with The Doctor.  Max (?) asked her if she found anything in Heller's house and she said no.  This was clearly after she had found the money.

Having her repeatedly opening up the floorboards and look at the money was clearly for plotline purposes so Heller could catch her.  The tension in that room, oh boy. 

I do think it's interesting that Heller may have not realized that Saffron was part of The Doctor's scheme from the start.  She was too available, too flirty.  Of course he may have put two and two together once he caught Sally.  Guess we'll never know. 

As to why The Doctor would send the cons in rather than having Lenny take Heller out, it's possible that The Doctor wanted to crush Heller without outright killing him.  Having his heart broken, having his money and position stripped from him. 

I'm surprised that the Trio found Maddie's real identity so quickly.  They are hilarious to watch.  Their chemistry together is great. 

I wouldn't want to piss Uma off.  No way, no how.

Really look forward to next week. 

I'm seeing your points.  There was a scene in which I thought Sally may have been skimming money from the packs.  I can see where the doctor needed to find where the money was stashed- he couldn't just off him.  

I should really go back and watch all the episodes again paying more attention.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Lord Donia said:

Because the Doctor guy wanted to destroy Heller, not just take back his money.

This entire show is weird though because the ex spouses are so different and the car dealer guy doesn't even seem that wealthy. 

I also don't find it reasonable that none of the exes could get jobs, get money whatever.

i think there may be more to Heller. It's also weird that they could just get two or three jobs so close to him.

im a little desperate for a new show, but I also don't like being dragged from cliff hanger to cliff hanger..,

• Love 2

Was Richard a used car dealer? Because the man is driving an early 2000s Rav freaking 4. Now featuring duct-taped window.

2 hours ago, Bluedog100 said:

Marry me, Ezra.

It's funny to me that Richard is supposed to be the handsome one. Nuh uh.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Lord Donia said:

Was Richard a used car dealer? Because the man is driving an early 2000s Rav freaking 4. Now featuring duct-taped window.

It's funny to me that Richard is supposed to be the handsome one. Nuh uh.

Richard cannot be that wealthy due to what you pointed out.  I think the wife had family money as her parents paid for her apartment and she said that she had to go to therapy or they would cut her off or something like that.  Ezra/family clearly has money.  

It would be interesting to see more of Max, Sally and Maddie doing the planning or getting info from the Doctor a la Charlie's Angels.   

• Love 2

It will be interesting to see if the three burned spouses do a road trip or fly to Seattle.  It would seem by the time they get to Seattle the Doctor will have pulled his three operatives and have them as far away from Seattle as possible. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Nicereddress said:

I am still confused as to how Richard found Ezra? 

When they met up Richard was holding Ezra and whatever-her-name-was' wedding announcement with photo.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, dleighg said:

When they met up Richard was holding Ezra and whatever-her-name-was' wedding announcement with photo.

11 hours ago, dleighg said:

Ahhhhh ha! Thank you! 

I hope Sally isn't gone for good. I always liked the actress who plays her- since seeing her on the show Deception.

• Love 1
On 2017-03-01 at 7:22 PM, mochamajesty said:

I thought banks had strict dress codes.  That black top that Saffron wore to work was all kinds of wrong.

I don't find Heller that ugly.  I mean, he's no Patrick, but he's no Steve Buscemi either.

Aaron Douglas is quite attractive when he's not dressed in a suit and tie.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0234928/?ref_=tt_cl_t9

Galen-Tyrol-Battlestar-Galactica-Aaron-Douglas.jpg

Edited by Phei
add
  • Love 3
On 2/28/2017 at 9:29 PM, druzy said:

Spoiler

Looks like we'll never know.  They left Pottsville without another scene.

On 3/1/2017 at 5:39 AM, BusyOctober said:

I haven't ever been a fan of Uma Thurman, but she's killing it here.

Literally!

On 3/1/2017 at 6:40 AM, Evagirl said:

I felt sorry for Heller at first until he confronted Saffron and Patrick on the sidewalk.  He should have just driven by and realized he had no chance with her anyway.  Once he went psycho on them, I was glad she hadn't hooked up with him.

Not given his history.  His fiancee ran off with the pool boy and now his girlfriend (and, yes, Saffron let him think she was his girlfriend) making goo-goo eyes ant another man.  I thought he was pretty tame, considering.

On 3/1/2017 at 8:55 AM, mochamajesty said:

I love the three exes, but I am disappointed that they took to conning people to get money.  It's sort of a 'becoming that which you hate' scenario.

Unlike the Doctor (or Max, Sally or Maddie), they have a code -- only steal from people who deserve it.

On 3/1/2017 at 3:58 PM, GussieK said:

Uma is Kill Billing it.

I like her a lot more as Lenny than I did as The Bride.

I wonder which of "Lenny's" songs was the inspiration for using his name?

• Love 1

It was good to see Mel Harris too and it made me miss "Thirty Something" all over again

Oh man, so that's who she was!  I thought the actress looked familiar but couldn't place her.
I knew it would be Heller who'd wind up dead and not Sally.  But no way did I think he was in on anything.

I started watching this series the other day on Netflix after reading someone's strong pitch on Facebook to check it out . I didn't think I would check it out so quickly though because I have SO MANY other things I want to watch first,but I was curious. Now I zipped through  four eps and can't wait to see how this season ends up. I'm really liking it and just kept clicking "next episode" So I should be ready for the start of the second season next month. I know it being on Netflix helped me like it because binging can be a good thing!  

• Love 1