Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Feeding A Need

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I was going to say something about meds and sobriety as well. The only class of mental health meds that I would think directly interfere with ones sobriety are benzos, which are HIGHLY addictive. They also potentially trigger the reward system in the addicted brain. That instant gratification "check out" that they crave. I'm glad that AA isn't the only horse in the race anymore, and that those with mental health issues can get the medication and care that they need and not be chastised by their support group.

That said, I fully and completely wonder if Kim hasn't just traded one drug for another, because she comes off like she's either damn drugged or damn dumb in interviews.

I think there are several factors at play with Kim. 1, she does have psych issues that require medication to stabilize her behavior/moods and they have some pretty nasty side effects such. 2, I would bet my last dollar that she also has some long term/permanent brain damage from her long term alcohol/drug abuse. 3, She quit/dropped out of HS. So, when you combine all of these factors, she appears drunk/high even when she is sober/clean, which of course clouds the issues surrounding/involving her even more.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I was going to say something about meds and sobriety as well. The only class of mental health meds that I would think directly interfere with ones sobriety are benzos, which are HIGHLY addictive. They also potentially trigger the reward system in the addicted brain. That instant gratification "check out" that they crave. I'm glad that AA isn't the only horse in the race anymore, and that those with mental health issues can get the medication and care that they need and not be chastised by their support group.

That said, I fully and completely wonder if Kim hasn't just traded one drug for another, because she comes off like she's either damn drugged or damn dumb in interviews.

Amphetamines, like Adderall taken by those with ADHD/ADD can be abused and so can Anti-Convulsants (used far more for nerve pain though) Lyrica and Neurontin.

For those in recovery Benzos are the next go to.  I think it's because so many take them for anxiety and sleep issues so they are very accessible.  Interestingly, to prevent an alcoholic from going into Delirium Tremens, they are given the Benzos Librium, Ativan or Valium. 

I am an RN on a Medical-Surgical unit where we use the CIWA Tool (Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment for Alcohol) every 4 hours to keep patients who are alcoholics out of DT.  If they reach a certain score then we give Ativan to prevent it.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Cassye1021 said:

They do. 

I have never seen it happen here. I've even seen pinned notes from the mods on the Dance Moms forum saying that nobody is allowed to talk about the dance teachers weight.  If anybody ever says even the slightest thing about an obese person they get reamed by the other posters.  I see skinny shaming here constantly. 

Its a terrible double standard. 

• Love 8

If Max had not agreed to be on TV (Vanderpump Rules), they would have gotten him the condo anyway.  They were waiting until he was established with a job and ready to stay put.  I am sure the timing of the condo was Bravo's choice; they wanted it to be when they were filming to include it.   And good for them.  Anything to take the focus off Kim's sobriety!  

I don't think it is suspicious, I see it as planned, not the condo, the timing.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

If Max had not agreed to be on TV (Vanderpump Rules), they would have gotten him the condo anyway.  They were waiting until he was established with a job and ready to stay put.  I am sure the timing of the condo was Bravo's choice; they wanted it to be when they were filming to include it.   And good for them.  Anything to take the focus off Kim's sobriety!  

I don't think it is suspicious, I see it as planned, not the condo, the timing.  

I seem to recall Lisa's saying in past seasons they were dismayed at Max's aimlessness and not applying himself.  He's no longer sitting around the house all day strumming his guitar and bemoaning the fact that he's not a rock star (I'm old; my memory may be faulty) but instead is working at SUR and in essence "earning his keep."  

Heck if I were rich and my son was working and keeping his job, I'd probably buy him a house or condo or whatever.  Unfortunately for "spoiled" only child, Mom is NOT rich so start saving for that first and last and deposit, kiddo.  (Oh, and NO I will not cosign the lease - I watch too much Judge Judy to get sucked in on that).  

• Love 12

CB = crazy bitch?

I actually like watching Erika's scenes with Tom. She is self-possessed and doesn't seem jealous of anyone in the cast. That's why I don't like Dorit -- she is obviously jealous of Erika's Barbie-ness and feels insecure when she is around Dorit and PK. Wasn't there a clip in the previews of PK telling Erika she was "cold"? He wants these women acting chummy with him and when they don't he resorts to insults. I'd act distant too. He's a BH Simon. 

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Also, I wonder if Erika's "You don't know what I go through every night" has something to do with her son being LAPD?

I think you may be right!  She worries about him.  The conversation must have been about a police officer being killed or something related to the dangers of the job.   Good theory! 

• Love 2

Housing prices where I live have gotten so high, none of the kids, or my own kids, who grew up here can afford to live here.   Even rental prices are out of their reach.  So, sadly they have all moved away.  If you were lucky enough to have the money LVP has, it would be great to "help" your kids out.  Just think she got a real bargain at 600K for a small dump.  

I'm sure Erica's tears are over her son.   My son, a paramedic, was called to a location last week (I was watching on live TV) where there was a man randomly shooting a rifle.  I always worry.  It's not unusual for him to be met with hostile people when on a call.   So, if she's worried about her son, good for her.  It's what a mom does, no matter what the kids age.

Rinna and "her truth" - I find it a very convenient way to get out of facing facts.   She seems to have a whole host of those handy phrases to back pedal out of situations.   But watch, they usually come after some sort of strange head shake, or a sympathetic head tilt to the side.  

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

By george, I think we've got it! I just read an article about her feeling relieved when she sees him walking in the house in the mornings so that's what made me go hmmmmm......So he lives with them but maybe he works nights? I'd be worried SICK if someone I loved was a cop anywhere, much less in LA.

Yes!  You nailed it.  Bravo!  Her tears might have been triggered by Kyle saying she was worried when her daughter is out driving or one of the mother's worry about her child.    

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

I cannot watch this show anymore. Hope one of you will notify the rest of us after Bravo cancels it.

Kim Richards looks great but I really don't want to hear anymore about her sobriety or even see her on my screen. This season would be cut in half if the Hos were not talking about Kim and Lisar. This storyline makes me long for the return of Lyme disease and Yolanda's bare feet.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is what Kim and Kyle want to talk about: 

Brooke the mother of Kim's grandson.

I just thought I would throw these photos up for people to see how these two have aged.  Kim looks so very happy and wholesome.  Kyle's bathing suit-post Farrah.  I remember the bathing suit style. 

See talking about Kim becoming a grandma is just not all that interesting.

Kyle doesn't look good in that bathing suit - REALLY BIG thighs and ass.

9 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Different strokes, I guess...I see them as being very comfortable with each other, and both seem to enjoy each other's company.

She ENJOYS the $$$$.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, chewycandy said:

CB = crazy bitch?

I actually like watching Erika's scenes with Tom. She is self-possessed and doesn't seem jealous of anyone in the cast. That's why I don't like Dorit -- she is obviously jealous of Erika's Barbie-ness and feels insecure when she is around Dorit and PK. Wasn't there a clip in the previews of PK telling Erika she was "cold"? He wants these women acting chummy with him and when they don't he resorts to insults. I'd act distant too. He's a BH Simon. 

I doubt if Dorit is jealous of ErICKa. NOTHING to be jealous of.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

OMG I cannot even imagine that about your son!!! I'd barf from sheer worry. I wouldn't fault her for a second for bursting into tears over her son's work. I didn't marry a public servant for a reason. I couldn't take the stress.

I have told my son that if he ever considered becoming a cop, I would shoot him in the foot.  And I hate guns! ;-)    He's gotten stuck with needles, assaulted by crazy people, and all sorts of other nightmares.  BUT, I did get a call from his supervisor about one particular call.  It was an older woman, not going to make it.   On the ride to the ER, she looked at my son and thought he was her husband who died in the Vietnam war.  She was crying telling him she loved him, and missed him.  My son went along with it, and told her he couldn't wait to be with her, and that he never stopped loving her.   She died on the way.  (OMG I'm crying just typing this).    He was made to do what he does, no matter how crazy it makes his mother.  That being said, I'd rather trust him in an emergency than let him try to empty the dishwasher.  To use one of Yolanda's famouns # ProudMom

• Love 18
20 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Enabling can sometimes be about giving money, but an easier way to think about it is the same way to think about any problem behaviors: is this action negatively impacting my life. If Kyle had to lie to cover for Kim or had to ignore her own needs or the needs of her family to attend to Kim, then that's enabling. If helping Kim has caused Kyle and Mauricio to argue more, that's enabling. If assisting Kim hasn't resulted in Kim exploring healthier behaviors, then it's probably enabling. Enabling is about actions that allow the addict to continue their behavior with fewer negative repercussions. For example, allowing Chad to live with the Umansky's could be enabling if Kim tends to try harder to keep sober when her kids are around. These aren't easy or simple distinctions and can sometimes be a little blurry.

I'm pissed that Rinna reignited this discussion instead of just concluding that Kim is just an asshole, who happens to be an addict.

I agree with everything you said except for the bolded part.  It is no one's responsibility to do anything for the addict to keep them sober. Certainly not insisting that one live with them and be on tenterhooks every day just because it might make the addict try harder to stay sober.  Chad has every right to decide where he lives, and should not be blamed if that makes his addict mother "feel bad" and drink because of it, or "try less" because he's not there for her to be "responsible for" when she has already abdicated that right.  If he has somewhere else to go he is lucky; no everyone in his situation has that.

12 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

LVP on how she forewarned Kyle, Eden wanted to taqlk to her again and promised Kyle she would repeat the conversation, which LVP correctly assumed would be about Kim and Kyle:  http://toofab.com/2017/02/21/rhobh-lisa-rinna-vs-eden-sassoon-lisa-vanderpump-reveals-what-you-didnt-see-on-tv-exclusive/

Eden not over being hurt by Rinna:  http://toofab.com/2017/02/21/eden-sassoon-hurt-by-lisa-rinna-over-rhobh-feud-far-from-trusting-her-again-exclusive/

A lot of blah, blah, blah how she is helping 20 people a day with her story.  More interesting, to me, is Rinna tells very serious Eden, "it is just a show."

Just like Rinna saying during last week's ep, something like "A lot happens tonight.  It's a really great season."  It's like she thinks she's acting a role rather than reality TV.  Maybe she really thinks that?  As for Eden, I see her as very very very self-centered, and much more about how she's so helpful than about people she might have actually helped.  As I tell my (self-centered but well intended) mother - if you're not doing what someone wants or needs, you're not really helping them!

12 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Aha - I knew it!  Self-centered wacko!

11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I have my issues with just about everybody on this show, save the guys and pets, but, I just get a weird vibe from Eden.  I'm not saying that I don't like her....yet.  I will keep an open mind, but, something just seems off.   I know she's suffered a lot and she has her own addiction issues, so, maybe that explains it.  The way things are going though.....I'm not sure she'll be invited back.  

Wacko :)

2 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Or "My truth". I get that that turn of phrase simply means "The way I see it" but she says it like she's on commission.

That's all it means!  but unlike "enabler", the word "truth" has a real meaning.  Elementary school students are taught the difference between fact and opinion.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, princelina said:

I agree with everything you said except for the bolded part.  It is no one's responsibility to do anything for the addict to keep them sober. Certainly not insisting that one live with them and be on tenterhooks every day just because it might make the addict try harder to stay sober.  Chad has every right to decide where he lives, and should not be blamed if that makes his addict mother "feel bad" and drink because of it, or "try less" because he's not there for her to be "responsible for" when she has already abdicated that right.  If he has somewhere else to go he is lucky; no everyone in his situation has that.

Just like Rinna saying during last week's ep, something like "A lot happens tonight.  It's a really great season."  It's like she thinks she's acting a role rather than reality TV.  Maybe she really thinks that?  As for Eden, I see her as very very very self-centered, and much more about how she's so helpful than about people she might have actually helped.  As I tell my (self-centered but well intended) mother - if you're not doing what someone wants or needs, you're not really helping them!

Aha - I knew it!  Self-centered wacko!

Wacko :)

That's all it means!  but unlike "enabler", the word "truth" has a real meaning.  Elementary school students are taught the difference between fact and opinion.

I agree with you. Chad did live with Kim when she was using/drinking, all of her kids did at some point and that still never stopped her. Which is why most of her kids elected to live with other family members when she was abusing when they got old enough to have a say. Whitney went to live with her father, we saw that happen on the show, Kimberly went to live with her dad, Chad had a mental health crisis/breakdown and ended up in a facility for a while. He has lived on his own or with Kyle since then and he was open about Kim not being sober/clean on the Dr. Phil special (as were Brooke and Kimberly). The only one of Kim's kids that I never heard of living away from her was Brooke (the eldest) but that may be because she was old enough to be on her own when the show started but it may have happened years ago. I don't think them living with or apart from Kim made any real difference in Kim's sobriety.

I think it possible that Rinna is hoping that lightning strikes twice when it comes to using Kim/sobriety as part of her storyline. Rinna calling out Kim in her first season garnered her lots of positive feedback/fans and after losing fans last season, when she/Eileen decided to go after Lisa, she needs to win them back. So maybe, in her mind, she is hoping that going after Kim yet again will have the same effect as it did 2 years ago. That and to pay back Kyle for siding with Lisa and not her/Eileen last season. 

Eden reminds me of Yolanda in that only her opinion/view is credible to her and she also loves to spout new age ideas/dribble as if she thought them up herself! LOL

• Love 7
13 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

I'm a 58 year old woman and,minus the keg, it sounds great to me!

We basically have almost all of it in our "men's den" (aka - upstairs loft TV room) - also minus the kegerator, but plus a pub-height game table and a small bar.  My sons are still trying to convince me to put in a beverage fridge and possibly a microwave oven, but I haven't completely given in on those items....yet!  ;-)

• Love 2
10 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Oof, me too! That high-cut leg, man--when I see photos now, I find it so unappealing!

But, it did make everyone look like they had model's legs (long and lean), for the most part.

I also think that bathing suit style is what began the other dreaded summer thing~~ bikini waxing!  YIKES!!!!!  ;-(

• Love 2

Well, does Kim have mental health issues?  Does Eden?  Or...is it an excuse for getting 'replacement' meds?  That's the big question because many 'meds' are prescribed quite freely.  Sleeping pills, anti depressants...  Yeah, getting valium, xanax and other drugs that fall into that category are not quite as easy to get as they used to be but many 'meds' are easily gotten.  Crap.  I can't believe the number of young people that my children know who are on antidepressants.   Are they all mentally ill?  Or do they want an easy 'fix'?Yeah, another debate. 

IMO, they are people who genuinely need help with meds because of brain chemistry or a life crisis but at the same time there are many people who are on meds because it's an easy way out of facing the reality of dealing with 'life'.  Just like drugs and alcohol.  Just because you have a 'prescription' doesn't mean you truly have a 'medical' need. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I seem to recall Lisa's saying in past seasons they were dismayed at Max's aimlessness and not applying himself.  He's no longer sitting around the house all day strumming his guitar and bemoaning the fact that he's not a rock star (I'm old; my memory may be faulty) but instead is working at SUR and in essence "earning his keep."  

Heck if I were rich and my son was working and keeping his job, I'd probably buy him a house or condo or whatever.  Unfortunately for "spoiled" only child, Mom is NOT rich so start saving for that first and last and deposit, kiddo.  (Oh, and NO I will not cosign the lease - I watch too much Judge Judy to get sucked in on that).  

Did I read somewhere that with Pandora's house, Lisa and Ken didn't really "buy" it for Pandora and her husband - they made the downpayment, furnished it, and Pandora has to make the monthly payments?  If that is the case, then that is not exactly buying a house - sort of like Vicki "buying" Briana the Mercedes, but then, expecting nursing school student Briana to make the lease payments.  At least, Pandy and her husband are working.  And, if this is the case, I think it's a great way to help out your kids, while still giving them a sense of responsibility.

So, maybe, Lisa and Ken did the same for Max - put down a good downpayment, will do all the renovations and furnishing, but expect Max to make the remaining monthly payments - either to them or to the bank.

Wish I could do the same for my kids!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

Housing prices where I live have gotten so high, none of the kids, or my own kids, who grew up here can afford to live here.   Even rental prices are out of their reach.  So, sadly they have all moved away.  If you were lucky enough to have the money LVP has, it would be great to "help" your kids out.  Just think she got a real bargain at 600K for a small dump.  

I'm sure Erica's tears are over her son.   My son, a paramedic, was called to a location last week (I was watching on live TV) where there was a man randomly shooting a rifle.  I always worry.  It's not unusual for him to be met with hostile people when on a call.   So, if she's worried about her son, good for her.  It's what a mom does, no matter what the kids age.

Rinna and "her truth" - I find it a very convenient way to get out of facing facts.   She seems to have a whole host of those handy phrases to back pedal out of situations.   But watch, they usually come after some sort of strange head shake, or a sympathetic head tilt to the side.  

I have a son who is an EMT and ambulance driver in a not-so-great area, and they answer 911 calls all the time.  I feel the same way you do, and worry all the time.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I think it possible that Rinna is hoping that lightning strikes twice when it comes to using Kim/sobriety as part of her storyline. Rinna calling out Kim in her first season garnered her lots of positive feedback/fans and after losing fans last season, when she/Eileen decided to go after Lisa, she needs to win them back. So maybe, in her mind, she is hoping that going after Kim yet again will have the same effect as it did 2 years ago. That and to pay back Kyle for siding with Lisa and not her/Eileen last season. 

Eden reminds me of Yolanda in that only her opinion/view is credible to her and she also loves to spout new age ideas/dribble as if she thought them up herself! LOL

You could be right - too bad for her Kim is not a cast member this season, and is not "acting out" like she was when she WAS a cast member.  Time to find a new storyline Rinna!

13 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Well, does Kim have mental health issues?  Does Eden?  Or...is it an excuse for getting 'replacement' meds?  That's the big question because many 'meds' are prescribed quite freely.  Sleeping pills, anti depressants...  Yeah, getting valium, xanax and other drugs that fall into that category are not quite as easy to get as they used to be but many 'meds' are easily gotten.  Crap.  I can't believe the number of young people that my children know who are on antidepressants.   Are they all mentally ill?  Or do they want an easy 'fix'?Yeah, another debate. 

IMO, they are people who genuinely need help with meds because of brain chemistry or a life crisis but at the same time there are many people who are on meds because it's an easy way out of facing the reality of dealing with 'life'.  Just like drugs and alcohol.  Just because you have a 'prescription' doesn't mean you truly have a 'medical' need. 

IMO it is because we live in an "over diagnosed" society - no one is allowed to be sad or weird or different anymore; they all have to "have" something - Aspergers, depression, ADHD, etc.  I'm not saying that these things don't exist, just that everyone doesn't have one of them.  Some people are just sad, weird, or different.  

Also IMO I think Eden is sad, weird and different - and dying to be diagnosed with something :) 

Edited by princelina
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Kyle has said that both she and Kim suffer from anxiety problems and Dr. Phil came straight out and said that Kim needed more than drug/alcohol rehab, that she had MH issues. So, I think it safe to say that Kim does suffer from some mental health issues that haven't been, nor will be/should be, addressed on the show. Also, add in brain/emotional damage that long term alcohol/drug abuse/addition causes and, again, I think it safe to say she has "issues" outside of addiction.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Just because some clinicians inappropriately or overprescribe, doesn't mean that these medications aren't appropriate for many people including those with a history of addiction. 1 in 5 adults in the US will experience a mental illness in a given year. 1 in 25 adults will have a diagnosable serious mental illness in a year. The US has maybe 45% of the psychiatrists it actually needs.

For the most part (this isn't necessarily true in every state), any clinician with the ability to prescribe has the ability to prescribe any medication. Most of the psychoactive meds in this country are prescribed by family physicians. It would be most appropriate if psychiatrists were doing the prescribing for these meds, but they aren't because we don't have the psychiatrists that we need. 

It's possible Kim and Eden don't need their meds, but it's also possible that they do. They both went through rehab programs. Those programs are much more likely to refer clients to a psychiatrist for mental health treatment.

However, the person or persons who are ultimately responsible for giving meds to people who don't need them or would misuse them is the clinician who prescribed the meds in the first place. For example, a significant proportion of the opiate prescribing is due to dentists who give 30 day prescriptions when a 10 or 14 day prescription would suffice.

• Love 3

PK, Simon (Barney AND McCord), Peter, Apollo and Terry are all far bitchier queens than their female counterparts could ever be.

Simon McCord was at least somewhat entertaining, on a certain level.

She ENJOYS the $$$$.

I'm guessing all the HWs on this show do. And almost all of them are also married to a wealthier man, too...

Just like Rinna saying during last week's ep, something like "A lot happens tonight.  It's a really great season."  It's like she thinks she's acting a role rather than reality TV.  Maybe she really thinks that?

I wouldn't be surprised if she did think that.

• Love 1
On 2/22/2017 at 5:14 PM, wings707 said:

Rant alert.

AA gave birth to the term enable/enabler in regard to those in an alcoholics life.  AA is an organization based on shame and blame.  So let's nail the drunk AND those who love them!  The word and the organization (AA) are ineffectual.  The word dysfunctional is also and AA term used to describe what happens when an alcoholic in the family stops drinking and everyone in said family no longer functions well do to their changed roles.  It is NOT meant to describe just any family with problems.  The constant misuse drives me up a wall.  

It is up to the alcoholic to stop drinking regardless of how those in their life behave. 

Off soap box, carry on with this nonsense if you insist (directed at Rinna and Eden). 

I love you for saying this. So many people think that AA is the only way one can get sober and its just not true. I've been sober since December 29th 1995 and I've been told many, many times that I'm not "truly" sober because I didn't quit through AA.  I quit on my own and never looked back. 

I went to one AA meeting and left halfway through.  Plus I'm an atheist and didn't like that every meeting is opened with a prayer.  

• Love 21
7 hours ago, princelina said:

You could be right - too bad for her Kim is not a cast member this season, and is not "acting out" like she was when she WAS a cast member.  Time to find a new storyline Rinna!

IMO it is because we live in an "over diagnosed" society - no one is allowed to be sad or weird or different anymore; they all have to "have" something - Aspergers, depression, ADHD, etc.  I'm not saying that these things don't exist, just that everyone doesn't have one of them.  Some people are just sad, weird, or different.  

Also IMO I think Eden is sad, weird and different - and dying to be diagnosed with something :) 

My thoughts on Kim and her dual diagnosis, if these women have such differing opinions about terms sober and enabling, I can only imagine what would happen if she disclosed her mental health diagnosis and medications.  Last season we were pretty much beaten down with Yolanda and her search for the cure-there are at least 50 pages on her thread devoted to her diagnosis, claims and cures.  I think Kim has always been quirky.  Being an actress she has shown, a time or two, the artsy side of Kim.  I have always wondered if Rinna thinks it a good look to bully the mentally ill?  I use the term bully in the traditional sense, as in send threatening texts, and taunting Kim on Twitter.  I mean Rinna is kind of two for two in the picking on people with mental illness/brain damage department. 

I felt early on Eden, the functional alcoholic, probably decided to go to AA because there was a captive audience and she could always find someone to drone on and on about her journey.  Not passing judgment just an observation, anyone who rants on the way she does about others in interviews and Twitter probably should not be assessing another's sobriety or consider herself sober, in the context in which she uses the term.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, njbchlover said:

But, it did make everyone look like they had model's legs (long and lean), for the most part.

Oh my goodness, I feel so opposite about this; I was not in the "for the most part" category--and I actually do already have oddly long legs (yet I am a short person; ugh, it's so stupid), which were far scrawnier in the thigh region way back when this cut was a thing. I also had zero butt at that time. And still when I see pictures of myself then, I think that the bathing suit's cut made me look disproportionately big in those spots! Eh, maybe the style isn't for all the bodies, or is just better on Kyle's body type because she looks fine to me in the photo (despite the bathing suit). Maybe it canceled out my default "long, lean legs" (which, unfortunately, I did not appreciate back then and referred to as "chicken sticks"!). 

ETA: This is probably also why anything high-waisted makes me look like my head is growing out of my waist.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4
On 2/22/2017 at 6:45 PM, chick binewski said:

If there is a HW tic that enrages me like no other it is the Looks Askance, Tilts Head and says "What?" and all its variations. Whatever Kyle's situation is with Kim the bottom line is Kim is her sister and I get that Kyle's narrative might not always be consistent b/c she might be trying to protect Kim. That being said, Kyle was a child actor, she has some living under her own belt, her mother was a lot to deal with, and she's close to her niece Paris and her good friend Faye Resnick. So whenever alcohol, drugs, or any kind of irreverent behavior comes up and Kyle gets all wide-eyed I lose all patience.   

Exactly!! It's always been this whimpering withering flower act that Kyle throws out there that's always bugged the shit out of me. You don't need to feign fragility or innocence or wonderment or behave like a clueless 7 year old when addressing these things. I do like how she's handled herself this season so far. I haven't been the biggest Kyle fan since the Limo outing but I'm really appreciating the take charge approach this season. To the point, cut and dry, keep it moving. See this is the Kyle that makes more sense to me (especially with what you've outlined above).  I would have had no problems with her acting out regarding her sisters addiction in past seasons if she hadn't continued to then follow up the harsh realities surrounding Kim AND Kyle's own behavior with all the "who, what, where, wide eye, oh my, shrinking in fear, delicate doll act.  She was so extra with it that it made my slap hand itch.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

Oh my goodness, I feel so opposite about this; I was not in the "for the most part" category--and I actually do already have oddly long legs (yet I am a short person; ugh, it's so stupid), which were far scrawnier in the thigh region way back when this cut was a thing. I also had zero butt at that time. And still when I see pictures of myself then, I think that the bathing suit's cut made me look disproportionately big in those spots! Eh, maybe the style isn't for all the bodies, or is just better on Kyle's body type because she looks fine to me in the photo (despite the bathing suit). Maybe it canceled out my default "long, lean legs" (which, unfortunately, I did not appreciate back then and referred to as "chicken sticks"!). 

Count me in on the short person, long legs category, too....my sisters and I are all the approximately the same height (1/2" difference between us), and I always look taller than them because my legs are longer.  Long legs, short body = difficulty finding jeans and pants that fit well!   ;-)

• Love 2

YUP! I am 5'4" and my sister is 5'9" yet our inseams are about the same. I remember back when Old Navy was new (or at least new to my mall) and I could never have any jeans! The small sizes seemed to assume that the wearer would also have short legs! Thank goodness the big cuff became a thing. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Boy Eden is an interview a day type of RH:  http://toofab.com/2017/02/22/eden-sassoon-blasts-kyle-richards-over-obsession-remarks-on-rhobh-exclusive/

Kyle may have a point over you obsessing over she and Kim, if you give an interview about it and then claim, Kyle wants to be obsessed over and she would never obsess over Kyle or Kim because her father was so famous. 

So would it be inaccurate to say, given Eden's description of sober women come from a loving, kind place that perhaps Eden is not sober by her own definition?  What is the difference with Kim wanting to address the admitted mean and intentional comments Rinna made about her and what Eden is doing?

What a special snowflake. 

• Love 5

What Eden fails to realize is that Kim may be sober, but she's also a raging bitch.   Her personality is not loving, kind, forgiving, etc.  She is a mean, ugly, egotistic, nasty woman - drunk or sober.   She feels entitled, lives in the long distant past, believes that all her sisters have (money, homes, etc.) belong to her, and they should support her.   She has squandered everything, but still feels they OWE her.  

Eden is searching for a life, a purpose, and some sort of magic - all the while judging everyone else.   Really, looking at both Kim & Eden, I'd say Eden is more likely to go off the rails than Kim.   She doesn't have a strong support system - she's too exhausting.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, lololol said:

Kyle doesn't look good in that bathing suit - REALLY BIG thighs and ass.

She ENJOYS the $$$$.

I think kyle looks good! Kim too for that matter.  Opinions of that ilk, mine included, should matter as much as a dust mote. We have opinions and that is natural but we should be accepting of the differences and when having to be rudely confronted with criticism of them they deserve a resounding "Fuck you, this is me!"

Not everybody likes flat as a pancake ass stuck atop toothpick thighs. Some don't like bubble butts and thunder thighs (thank God my boyfriend does).  Some will find fault with any type even something considered perfect. God help us if we ever get into discussing tits. 

We all have perceived challenges with our body but differences in body types are what make the world interesting and one should be proud of what their ancestors or circumstances gave them. Which is why I never understood elective plastic surgery.

You are above ground able to participate in life, enjoy it because it is a finite period of time, and be proud your body is still working. It might not be perfect looking or running smoothly but it beats being six feet under with a worm crawling out if your nose. When that happens you are only beautiful to an anthropologist.

Edited by Giselle
You are not your
  • Love 20
On 2/23/2017 at 9:51 AM, Normades said:

I have some experience with AA/NA and while I’ve seen some groups who use a lot of shame, I’ve seen many miracles, too.  I don’t define dysfunctional solely according to your definition, but as it has been said before enabling/dysfunction/addiction are very blurry and gray areas.  I’ve seen a lot of love and support and lives saved by these organizations, so my opinion of them is anything but ineffectual. 

You are right that it is up to the alcoholic to stop drinking, regardless of those around them, but there are things that the family can learn to help support the person in recovery and eliminate behaviors that might be triggering or detrimental.  Everyone has their own path and what works for one may not work for another.  There are those who have benefited greatly from AA/NA and I would hate for someone suffering to be discouraged from checking them out.

Sorry for the rant.  Back to the trivial crazy ladies and their diamonds!!

To the bolded.. I think this is a key part of recovery. I don't understand this viewpoint that ONLY the alcoholic is responsible for this that and the other. I mean if I could do ANYTHING for my father, mother, brother, sister, child to help them on that road to recovery you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be all over it! And yes, I would feel OBLIGATED to. Why? Because that's what family does. Even if I do have to put strains on my own life to do it. It's only a matter of what I can take on, handle and return. Even if I'm only able to contribute small pieces to the puzzle I'd want to offer as much as I can. So what if I have to put work in too? So what that it's a dilemma that my loved one started and now I have been lassoed into a grueling process? Look I get that for some it's an unacceptable burden that the addict has place on them and they need to find solace in like minded individuals who choose the tough love path and I ain't mad'atcha however I hate how adamantly discouraging that side of the argument is towards those of us who decide to be continuously supportive .  It feels like diminishing the unconditional support path is mainly to alleviate guilt from the side that decides to cut strings and I honestly don't appreciate that sentiment.

Villainizing those who decide to stick by their addict only creates a stigma and shreds away possible support for those who really need their family by their side on their journey's.  To me there's an underlying self serving message in that. It's like if there is proof out there that a family can really pull together and all contribute pieces to an addicts recovery then what does that make the rest of those who opted out of any sort of responsibility in the case of their own loved one's? I mean cutting off an addict in the family is pretty much a universally understandable practice so there's no need to completely discredit the idea of family trying their best to support their loved one by getting informed and educated and participating in as many enlightening and informative resources as they can in order to defend your own choice in handling a similar situation.  I see nothing wrong with family that tries to take on an active and positive role in assisting their addict to recovery and it saddens me just how much this approach gets shut down as either inappropriate, delusional or unhealthy. You can find healthy ways to help your addict. It's just all about being committed to doing it properly. As grueling as it may be I'm not all that surprised that people would be willing to put in the effort for family.

People don't run marathons for others but you do see crowds on the side lines cheering them on and handing out water while they push for the finish line.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

And who's to determine that?

That's where it all gets slippery and tricky and there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

This is the reason why I think there are just somethings left alone and considering the Kim Richards sober not sober debate never truly comes to a head for any of these women to bring it up for conversation is really, really ridiculous at this point.

• Love 3

I feel like it would be hard to ever know for certain if Kim is sober or not. Even if she's not currently indulging in anything at all, maybe she's screwed herself up so much in the past that she'll always appear to be a bit loopy and out of it regardless. I know a few people like that.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I love you for saying this. So many people think that AA is the only way one can get sober and its just not true. I've been sober since December 29th 1995 and I've been told many, many times that I'm not "truly" sober because I didn't quit through AA.  I quit on my own and never looked back. 

I went to one AA meeting and left halfway through.  Plus I'm an atheist and didn't like that every meeting is opened with a prayer.  

I'm glad you're in a good place and were able to follow a path that worked for you.  It's sad you had a bad experience, but things are different, now.  I'm not sure what was around in 1995, but just as there are groups that pray, there are also buddhist, wiccan, pagan, and athiest groups out there.  I can relate to your feelings on the prayer issue.  I wouldn't want this to be a deal breaker for someone who might need help.  I can also relate to walking out halfway through. Sometimes people try many groups to get where they need to be (whether a group or on their own).

Personally, I would encourage someone who needs help to seek it out and keep trying until they get the support they need.  An addict has to work as hard chasing recovery as they did chasing their high.  I also believe it is a rare person who can quit on their own and I commend you for it.  

55 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Villainizing those who decide to stick by their addict only creates a stigma and shreds away possible support for those who really need their family by their side on their journey's.  To me there's an underlying self serving message in that. It's like if there is proof out there that a family can really pull together and all contribute pieces to an addicts recovery then what does that make the rest of those who opted out of any sort of responsibility in the case of their own loved one's? I mean cutting off an addict in the family is pretty much a universally understandable practice so there's completely discredit the idea of family trying their best to support their loved one by getting informed and educated and participating in as many enlightening and informative resources as they can.  I see nothing wrong with family that tries to take on an active and positive role in assisting their addict to recovery and it saddens me just how much this approach gets shut down as either inappropriate, delusional or unhealthy. You can find healthy ways to help your addict. It's just all about being committed to doing it properly. As grueling as it may be I'm not all that surprised that people would be willing to put in the effort for family.

People don't run marathons for others but you do see crowds on the side lines cheering them on and handing out water while they push for the finish line.

EXACTLY!!  I completely agree.  If you are helping the addict work toward recovery and stay clean that is not enabling in my book.  Many times addictions stem from poor family dynamics and working on these issues helps not only the addict, but the whole family.  I can't understand not helping someone you love who needs help.  I have no idea what happened with Eden and her sister, but if Catya was calling to talk to someone and get support, it's sad that Eden hung up on her.  Personally I wouldn't want to live with something like that. 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Normades said:

I'm glad you're in a good place and were able to follow a path that worked for you.  It's sad you had a bad experience, but things are different, now.  I'm not sure what was around in 1995, but just as there are groups that pray, there are also buddhist, wiccan, pagan, and athiest groups out there.  I can relate to your feelings on the prayer issue.  I wouldn't want this to be a deal breaker for someone who might need help.  I can also relate to walking out halfway through. Sometimes people try many groups to get where they need to be (whether a group or on their own).

Personally, I would encourage someone who needs help to seek it out and keep trying until they get the support they need.  An addict has to work as hard chasing recovery as they did chasing their high.  I also believe it is a rare person who can quit on their own and I commend you for it.  

EXACTLY!!  I completely agree.  If you are helping the addict work toward recovery and stay clean that is not enabling in my book.  Many times addictions stem from poor family dynamics and working on these issues helps not only the addict, but the whole family.  I can't understand not helping someone you love who needs help.  I have no idea what happened with Eden and her sister, but if Catya was calling to talk to someone and get support, it's sad that Eden hung up on her.  Personally I wouldn't want to live with something like that. 

I also think it's very dangerous to push for such an approach. I mean I see it vehemently encouraged and sometimes it really just feels like a desperate attempt at legitimizing such drastic measures when it's not always necessary. Again, it's not my place to begrudge a personal decision to disentangle oneself from a very toxic and damaging situation involving an addict but at the same time I don't think it should be a go to defense to any and all persons who have decided the "not my problem" approach is the only acceptable option.  It sometimes seems to me that it's used to justify the inabilities and limitations of some to navigate through a loved one's addiction. It's a clean and neat explanation for why they walked away. There is absolutely plenty of legitimate reasons why a person won't tolerate addict behavior but it rubs me the wrong way when I see how quickly and strongly people are to tear down the possible benefits and real healing of the opposite approach. 

And YES, sometimes addictions stems from some trauma or dysfunction in a relationship or a family dynamic and if the root of a problem isn't addressed then the addict will always want to run from the problem through other means. Sometimes closure is necessary for the addict in order to start on the recovery journey.  Some people need to visit these things and need their family in order to get there so there is something to be said for combined efforts.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

I think kyle looks good! Kim too for that matter.  Opinions of that ilk, mine included, should matter as much as a dust mote. We have opinions and that is natural but we should be accepting of the differences and when having to be rudely confronted with criticism of them they deserve a resounding "Fuck you, this is me!"

Not everybody likes flat as a pancake ass stuck atop toothpick thighs. Some don't like bubble butts and thunder thighs (thank God my boyfriend does).  Some will find fault with any type even something considered perfect. God help us if we ever get into discussing tits. 

We all have perceived challenges with our body but differences in body types are what make the world interesting and one should be proud of what their ancestors or circumstances gave them. Which is why I never understood elective plastic surgery.

You are above ground able to participate in life, enjoy it because it is a finite period of time, and be proud your body is still working. It might not be perfect looking or running smoothly but it beats being six feet under with a worm crawling out if your nose. When that happens you are only beautiful to an anthropologist.

Everybody on this show is very attractive.  I think that I find people more attractive when I like them and vice versa too.  What interests me is how picky all of us are about female looks and much more tolerant of male physical flaws. I'm expanding my thoughts beyond this show when I say this.

i personally don't care if Lisa Rinna is physically perfect without a single flaw, I don't like her behavior. I don't think it's necessary for me to bolster my dislike by disparaging her looks.  This is a trap I fall into sometimes, mostly with women rather than men, and I have to snap myself out of it. 

Even though I dislike Eileen and LisaR on this show, i do. have to think they have good qualities too.  Both have long lasting marriages, and that must be in part to them and says something about them as people. It's true for Kyle and LVP as well. So kudos to them all.  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I also think it's very dangerous to push for such an approach. I mean I see it vehemently encouraged and sometimes it really just feels like a desperate attempt at legitimizing such drastic measures when it's not always necessary. Again, it's not my place to begrudge a personal decision to disentangle oneself from a very toxic and damaging situation involving an addict but at the same time I don't think it should be a go to defense to any and all persons who have decided the "not my problem" approach is the only acceptable option.  It sometimes seems to me that it's used to justify the inabilities and limitations of some to navigate through a loved one's addiction. It's a clean and neat explanation for why they walked away. There is absolutely plenty of legitimate reasons why a person won't tolerate addict behavior but it rubs me the wrong way when I see how quickly and strongly people are to tear down the possible benefits and real healing of the opposite approach. 

This sort of cutting off all contact I don't think is recommended by most treatment professionals unless there is personal danger involved.  I do think that if young children are in the home, they have to be removed from the situation.  I have real sympathy for everyone who has to deal with an addict.  They need a lot of support and professional help too.  The chaos an active addict can create is enormous. 

Its easy to pass judgment from afar, but this is one of those "'walk a mile in my shoes" areas.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Boy oh boy do you have my support!!

Fellow atheist/drunk checking in. aa is BASED on religion. The word 'God' occurs 298 times in the big book. It's a god-based curriculum and a god-based life plan no matter what the meeting says it is. That was my biggest problem with it too. There are several other systems out there (Life Ring, SOS, etc) that take a non-god based approach to abstaining. Or different therapies. Or medications. Or just abstaining in your own way. Or whatever works for YOU. And the word "sobriety" itself is a little insulting. I prefer abstinence. It means I have CHOSEN to abstain. I haven't "sobered up" like some dumb drunk who needs to be led around by the nose.

I have no idea who you are but GOOD for you for using critical thinking and choosing your own path. It's so hard to do!!

Which is why it annoys me to no end, the tendency to critique Kim's situation using only the AA steps as a guideline and checklist. The analyzing based on whether or not she's keeping up with those very specific requirements and whether she's completed or fulfilled certain criteria outlined in AA's curriculum. Geez, it's sounds like she's trying to attain a degree in sobriety... LOL.. Such an elementary take on it. SMH.

I do have to say I have nothing against AA if that's what works for some and I don't think it should be discredited. However, I don't agree with the idea that the only legitimate way to claim recovery is if are actively participating in that particular program and adhering to the steps.  Some people seem to think that's the only way someone can actually make the claim.

14 minutes ago, Stinamaia said:

This sort of cutting off all contact I don't think is recommended by most treatment professionals unless there is personal danger involved.  I do think that if young children are in the home, they have to be removed from the situation.  I have real sympathy for everyone who has to deal with an addict.  They need a lot of support and professional help too.  The chaos an active addict can create is enormous. 

Its easy to pass judgment from afar, but this is one of those "'walk a mile in my shoes" areas.

As well as "one size does NOT fit all"

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Utterly and completely. Addicts create addicts. The whole Al-Anon mantra "I didn't cause it, I can't cure it" thing doesn't apply to parents who are drunks/drugging with kids. Yes, you DID cause it. They create that "Drunk culture" at an early age. FUN! PARTY! I'm a little grown up! I was taken to bars late at night, allowed to drink with the grown ups, taken to adult parties, concerts and functions that no child should be at. I remember a female bouncer ripping my mother a new one for trying to bring me in to a shitty dive bar at 11:00 on a Saturday night and denying her entry.

I totally admire Kyle for spinning shit into gold but Kim was saddled with caring for Mommy and supporting the family before Kyle could speak. I may not love Kim, but I GET her. I get it.  That's why I look at Kim/Kyle/Little Kathy/Big Kathy and see the classic addict/enabler/good child family model. And THAT, for those who have asked, is why I see some of  Kyle's behaviors as enabling. She doesn't even know she's DOING it. It's part of the dynamic of their relationship, since the beginning. It's the agreement they had, whether they wanted to or not. Hard as hell to change that dynamic.

Sorry for the war-and-peace length post but since we're apparently all getting real about ourselves on here, I thought I'd share LOL!!!

OMG a degree in sobriety!! I freaking LOVE that! I have got to borrow that if you don't mind :-)

Yes to all too! Well said!

Uh-oh! Get ready to be challenged with the whole Kim didn't support the family spiel!! Even though you've made some great points it will all fall to the way side in favor of debating that. (Although I do agree that Kim pulling a lucrative paycheck at such a young age for her family contributed some of the dysfunction for Kim)

I GET Kim too. ;-)

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Congratulations on your sobriety!  I believe that there are many ways to get sober and that is very sad that people think AA is the only way.  There are now secular programs SMART Recovery and LifeRing that work too. 

I am an Evangelical Christian and get very, very nervous when the courts order someone to AA only as it's the government forcing someone into a spiritual situation which doesn't jibe with freedom of religion at all.  I'm ok with a list of all kinds of programs being offered from the courts and letting the person choose.  

• Love 4

Standing ovation and thundering applause for all who have spoken out on the horror that is AA for so many!  I would like to quote you all but it would take pages.  LOL!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6