Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Taylor lost me on the rewatch too. I thought she was cute and kind of awkwardly charming the first go around. Now I’m like dear God she’s obnoxious and full of herself. 

Cassie and ally are so polarizing I think it’s easy to miss that Taylor was a PITA. A pretty pain, but a pain. And a hot mess in need of constant attention as she got older. 

That's why I like to re-watch previous seasons.  You really catch stuff you missed, or girls you missed.  For example, I didn't realize that Ryan was cut in season 1 - she just showed up in season 2, made the squad and that was that.  Didn't realize that the brunette Tobie who was deemed not field ready by her fellow team mates was the same blonde who made show group and could really dance.

I didn't realize Katy was the one who was too tan in Season 6, or that Emma was unsure of herself.  I was mad that Sunni was cut in Season 3, but when you watch Season 4 and then go back to 3, you see that she was so tired and overwhelmed.  The comments that Charlotte makes about Ann Lux - I re-watched Season 5 to see what she was talking about, and it must be something that happens after the season begins.

I forgot that Mia was not really a stand out, or that Nicole had some issues, or Jackie and Meagan were called in for not being strong.  And look what happened!!

There are a lot of examples, but it will be interesting to see, if this show goes on for a few years, what we will think of this year's TCC's as 3, 4, or 5 year vets.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

I think telling someone ‘well I would have said yes ma’am’ is just an indirect way of saying you need to say yes ma’am. I think both Cassie and Aly were completely within their right to call her out-

On rewatch, yep, I'm now thinking they were.

• Love 2

Didn't Judy say in season 3 (when Cassie made the squad) she used to put Cassie in the squad picture when she was a baby? Maybe she wants to keep the tradition going with Cassie's daughter.

Edited by MrsEVH
3 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Jesus Christ I would have never posted the damn picture if I had known y’all would go at eat other. Kumba-freaking-ya. Sorry mods. 

Yea, but it makes for some interesting reading between trick or treaters! ????

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Didn't Judy say in season 3 (when Cassie made the squad) she used to put Cassie in the squad picture when she was a baby? Maybe she wants to keep the tradition going with Cassie's daughter.

Yes. Cassie has a few of such pics up on her IG.  In fact, in one she is running away from the cheerleaders.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

That's why I like to re-watch previous seasons.  You really catch stuff you missed, or girls you missed.  For example, I didn't realize that Ryan was cut in season 1 - she just showed up in season 2, made the squad and that was that.  Didn't realize that the brunette Tobie who was deemed not field ready by her fellow team mates was the same blonde who made show group and could really dance.

I didn't realize Katy was the one who was too tan in Season 6, or that Emma was unsure of herself.  I was mad that Sunni was cut in Season 3, but when you watch Season 4 and then go back to 3, you see that she was so tired and overwhelmed.  The comments that Charlotte makes about Ann Lux - I re-watched Season 5 to see what she was talking about, and it must be something that happens after the season begins.

I forgot that Mia was not really a stand out, or that Nicole had some issues, or Jackie and Meagan were called in for not being strong.  And look what happened!!

There are a lot of examples, but it will be interesting to see, if this show goes on for a few years, what we will think of this year's TCC's as 3, 4, or 5 year vets.

Kelsey Bond is an example of this.  She was very demure, quiet & her hair was a mousy color when she first tried out & didn't make training camp.  I think she did make the team ( maybe the following year) & every year she improved on her looks & skill.  

Based on what Cassie has posted in other media her daughter is not going to do anything she doesn't want to do.  She seems very independent. It would be fun in 15 years to watch her trying to make the team.  I think the photo of her screaming & running away is hilarious & thought this is what every TCC should really do when told that this isn't their year! 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Kelsey Bond is an example of this.  She was very demure, quiet & her hair was a mousy color when she first tried out & didn't make training camp.  I think she did make the team ( maybe the following year) & every year she improved on her looks & skill.  

This reminds me..........Candace Carr!! 

Now when Christina came back this year with the shorter hairdo, that made her stand out, but she will need to improve the kicks and showmanship for next year. 

This also reminds me, I missed the podcast:(  Oh well, something to watch after NCIS.

7 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Maybe, but the topic being discussed was the photo shoot and whether or not she should have been there.

I guess I don't have my "Cassie radar" tuned in because I don't even really remember seeing her this season. I guess I just don't care enough about her one way or the other to make a lasting impression.

Has Cassie been on this show this season? I don’t recall either. This pic was on her personal page. I’m so over the Cassie hate. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Has Cassie been on this show this season? I don’t recall either. This pic was on her personal page. I’m so over the Cassie hate. 

She was a part of the alumni mentor episode. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Wow. A lot of venom for a little girl who has no say in where she is/what is happening to her. She looks to be at the age where it's very common to be shy/scared of strangers. Don't blame the kid for mom/grandma's actions

I think this is more of a Judy/loving grandma thing:

Screenshot_2017-10-31-11-04-44.png

Screenshot_2017-10-31-11-05-23.png

This.   Cassie isn’t getting in the picture...Judy’s granddaughter is. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

Does anyone know what season Angela injured herself practicing the jump kick at the stadium? Paige was next to her and I know she only did two years or so I just can’t place which ones they were 

was Angela's last year as a DCC in 2016. Paige was a 3 yr vet who retired early.

Edited by viccib
6 minutes ago, viccib said:

was Angela's last year as a DCC in 2016. Paige was a 3 yr vet who retired early.

Thanks! I checked and there’s a retiring DCC picture that has both Angela and Paige reitiring at the same time in 2016. Now I just have to figure out which year she injured herself! 

Just now, Katherine1904 said:

Thanks! I checked and there’s a retiring DCC picture that has both Angela and Paige reitiring at the same time in 2016. Now I just have to figure out which year she injured herself! 

was that same year in 2016 :-) no problem :-)

42 minutes ago, Calicocats said:

Questions:  Does anyone know what happened to Erica?

Who are group leaders and seconds? 

Thanks!

Read up, but in short she got caught breaking rules.

Jenna, Lacey, Jinelle, KaShara are first leaders. 

Bess, Amy, Robin and Heather O are second leaders. 

(Don’t know who is paired with who) 

While I was kind of shocked at the venom for Cassie & Lennon that came out here over Lennon getting her picture taken with the squad, I saw this on Cassie's insta while looking for Lennon's age and was flabbergasted. It's one thing to go on a board & blast her for things you don't like, but to actually go on her facebook FOUR years after she was on the squad and rant at her? Just why?Screenshot_2017-11-01-07-32-34.thumb.png.fdcb49f7baf008dab5cb7c3fd1771cf0.png

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Katherine1904 said:

Jenna + Amy, Jinelle + Bess, Lacey + Robin, KaShara + Heather O

On 10/26/2017 at 10:12 PM, sleepyjean said:

From what I recall, Jacie didn't show up with natural hair until after she retired. I don't know what the deal is with Sasha, but if that's her natural hair, good for her. We've yet to see a girl with naturally kinky hair on this team. Not since the 70s anyway.

Sasha's hair is natural.  She is half Filipino and half African American.  She stopped processing it when her daughter was born due to time constraints.  

Thanks.

Weird that they went into so much detail with J/H and just skipped over Erica.  

Not that it matters but does anyone know if Tasha’s husband is her daughters father? Or was Ivy conceived from a previous relationship? 

He isn't her biological father, but she has taken his last name so he may have adopted her.

Edited by sleepyjean

I know lots of people think that several of the rookies could get cut at finals this year, but I wonder if K&J will be more cautious about cutting vets. While I’m not sure they would admit it, they probably regret cutting Raylee and Heather at least (Allie’s weight issues were more obvious). I don’t think taking a bunch of borderline girls worked out for the team at all, as this is the weakest team in a while IMO.

Of the best dancers on this year’s team, Jenna is the only one who I think is certain to retire IMO, but I also agree with a poster a few pages back that Lacey coming back could be dependent on Kashara. I don’t really see both returning next year. I’m interested to see what Robin and Cersten do.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Of the best dancers on this year’s team, Jenna is the only one who I think is certain to retire IMO, but I also agree with a poster a few pages back that Lacey coming back could be dependent on Kashara. I don’t really see both returning next year. I’m interested to see what Robin and Cersten do.

I can see KaShara coming back. That is of course unless she gets pro bowl this year, which is possible but I’m thinking Lacey may get it or Jinelle. 

I think Jinelle will retire also. If KaShara comes back she’ll be point again, she’s doing nothing to lose it 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

While I was kind of shocked at the venom for Cassie & Lennon that came out here over Lennon getting her picture taken with the squad, I saw this on Cassie's insta while looking for Lennon's age and was flabbergasted. It's one thing to go on a board & blast her for things you don't like, but to actually go on her facebook FOUR years after she was on the squad and rant at her? Just why?Screenshot_2017-11-01-07-32-34.thumb.png.fdcb49f7baf008dab5cb7c3fd1771cf0.png

Hope you don't mind, I am going to take my response on this over to former DCCs. Any idea if the mods are going to shut down this thread now the season is over?

18 minutes ago, Glamourdoll said:

Hope you don't mind, I am going to take my response on this over to former DCCs. Any idea if the mods are going to shut down this thread now the season is over?

Don't mind at all. Didn't think it really belonged on this thread (almost put it in small talk), but just wondered about continuity since I connected it to previous posts on this thread. You put it in a much better place. ? 

4 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I was under the impression people did not personally invest in Cassie.

I am very aware that she could not care less what I think, but I still have a right to express my opinion of her.

Also, she may have retired a few years ago but she is still shown on the show acting like a bitch.  She brings the hate on herself.  I don't think she has any real friends, only hanger-ons because of her DCC status and her mother being their choreographer and having a lot to say in who makes the team.

Anyway, I have said what I have to say about Cassie.  I am tired of talking about her, and I am sure people are tired of me talking about her as well LOL!

Edited by missmansfield
Added more
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

Hold on a minute, are Chantel and Kyndall actually sisters?! Just seen her Instagram post. I always thought they just were friends who played on their similar looks but the hashtags eg. Twins, I’m 30 seconds older?? 

LOL no they aren't

7 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

Whoever wrote that rant has some serious issues. I'm glad Cassie laughed it off, but anyone who thinks that's ok needs to get their head examined.

Truth!  What was funny is the girl that wrote it continued to comment on the post.  Clearly the girl has no life... I mean love or hate Cassie, there’s no need to seek her out to call her names ??? 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

You mean what I just wrote?

No, I think she is referring to the one that was posted on Cassie's facebook & she copied to her insta.

You want to rant/vent on a forum/board -- more power to you (if Cassie comes on here and reads it, she's choosing to come here & read negative things about herself), but to post a rant like the above on her facebook 4 years later is a little much IMO.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

You want to rant/vent on a forum/board -- more power to you (if Cassie comes on here and reads it, she's choosing to come here & read negative things about herself), but to post a rant like the above on her facebook 4 years later is a little much IMO.

Everyone draws that line in a different place. I've seen similarly venomous comments posted here. I've seen cheerleaders referred to here as "disgusting," "a piece of trash," "garbage," and "looks like a whore". It's fine for anyone to write whatever they want about the people on the show, but it's really made me rethink the critical comments I've posted here, because to me, it's not a good look for me, whether it's posted here or on someone's personal social media. I just don't want to put that kind of energy out in the universe.

Plus, they're just cheerleaders. I like the show but I don't care enough to work up really strong emotions about any of it.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 18
33 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Tasha’s first husband is her daughter’s bio father. 

She married her current husband in 2015. She was 25 when she made DCC her first year, which means she must have been married and divorced by 23 at the latest. Tough deal

For those interested in numbers and statistics like I am, went through all the twitters to see who’s most followed. Rookie twitters will have been up a week tomorrow, so I find it interesting to see who’s grabbed attention or at least has a good support system. Long post ahead, sorrynotsorry. Rounded to the nearest hundredth. 

Ironicaly enough, GL are in order as their group number. 

Jenna 25.8

Jinelle 17.7

Lacey 11.9

Kashara 9.8

Amy and Chantal 8.5

Stephanie 8.0

Bess (Elizabeth) 7.6

Simone 7.4

Kelsey 6.9

Maddie 6.7

Robin 6.4

Maggie 6.3 

Tasha and Heather 5.4

Kelli 5.1

Tess 4.9

Milan 4.8

Yuko and Selina 4.4

Jessika 4.2

Cersten 4.0

Khalyn 3.8

ROOKIES

Kalyssa 1.3

Lexie 1.2

Lauren 1.2

Christina 1.1

Alexis 1.1

Savannah and Tara 1.0

Molly 892

Gina 820

Keyra 812

Rachel 651

Miranda 625

• Love 3

I’ve never liked Cassie because she oozes bitchiness, evidenced by her remark about “laying down the law.” I’m sure it’s easy to do that when mama is one of the bosses, and you get special perks and passes for stuff that older girls would not. With that said, I respect the fact that Cassie seems tough. She has probably taken double the amount of hate as any other DCC and some of it is flat out irrational. When I see people complain about their favorites getting hate, I want to be like “Cassie says hi” lol. Yet, Cassie keeps on rolling. I respect that. 

I have always wondered why she didn’t try to cheer in college. My understanding from posts here is that she was quite a good cheerleader in all stars. I guess it was just the DCC dream. 

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

For those interested in numbers and statistics like I am, went through all the twitters to see who’s most followed. Rookie twitters will have been up a week tomorrow, so I find it interesting to see who’s grabbed attention or at least has a good support system. Long post ahead, sorrynotsorry. Rounded to the nearest hundredth. 

Ironicaly enough, GL are in order as their group number. 

Jenna 25.8

Jinelle 17.7

Lacey 11.9

Kashara 9.8

Amy and Chantal 8.5

Stephanie 8.0

Bess (Elizabeth) 7.6

Simone 7.4

Kelsey 6.9

Maddie 6.7

Robin 6.4

Maggie 6.3 

Tasha and Heather 5.4

Kelli 5.1

Tess 4.9

Milan 4.8

Yuko and Selina 4.4

Jessika 4.2

Cersten 4.0

Khalyn 3.8

ROOKIES

Kalyssa 1.3

Lexie 1.2

Lauren 1.2

Christina 1.1

Alexis 1.1

Savannah and Tara 1.0

Molly 892

Gina 820

Keyra 812

Rachel 651

Miranda 625

I'm surprised Bess and Chantal have so many followers. They seem to fly under the radar. Doesn't surprise me that the GLs are the top four. They've been there the longest and are the most visible.

11 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I have always wondered why she didn’t try to cheer in college. My understanding from posts here is that she was quite a good cheerleader in all stars. I guess it was just the DCC dream. 

I think her all star career and beginning of DCC coincided when she was in college, so probably physically impossible. She left college didn’t she? 

5 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I think her all star career and beginning of DCC coincided when she was in college, so probably physically impossible. She left college didn’t she? 

Oh did she? I thought she tried out right out of high school. I haven’t watched season 3 in ages though, so I could be way off of the mark.

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Tasha’s first husband is her daughter’s bio father. 

45 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

She married her current husband in 2015. She was 25 when she made DCC her first year, which means she must have been married and divorced by 23 at the latest. Tough deal

This is Tasha's first husband. She wasn't married when she had her daughter. There was some big to-do about it because she got pregnant when she was Miss Teen Utah or something like that and had to give up her crown. I think it was talked about in the season 11 threads somewhere.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Everyone draws that line in a different place. I've seen similarly venomous comments posted here. I've seen cheerleaders referred to here as "disgusting," "a piece of trash," "garbage," and "looks like a whore". It's fine for anyone to write whatever they want about the people on the show, but it's really made me rethink the critical comments I've posted here, because to me, it's not a good look for me, whether it's posted here or on someone's personal social media. I just don't want to put that kind of energy out in the universe.

Plus, they're just cheerleaders. I like the show but I don't care enough to work up really strong emotions about any of it.

Yea, I don't agree with all the venom we see either (not just here, the internet makes it so easy to be nasty), but if you feel like you (the general you, not anyone in particular) must do it, do it somewhere they don't have to see it, not on their social media pages.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Oh did she? I thought she tried out right out of high school. I haven’t watched season 3 in ages though, so I could be way off of the mark.

Yeah, she was with Cheer Athletics before DCC which takes up a lot of time. Most girls choose DCC over college dance teams or audition after graduating. Doing both at the same time would be almost impossible concidering each teams practice schedules. 

• Love 1