Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I think they had a lot to get through with star info and extra tidbits. Semis could be shortened but I think they'll stretch it out more. We've got 5 extra episodes this year, so really they're only using one extra than previous seasons on auditions. 

Yeah that's true, I just hoped that they would keep the beginning format the same and extend the end of the season. Id rather see more of training camp and football season than more of day 1's auditons. 

• Love 2

Hi guys! New poster, long time lurker. Hubs got rid of cable so I'm living through this board. (We're not divorced because of it. Yet...)There is sadness in my soul that I'm missing the first episode! Where can I freaking buy it?! Aggghhh....

• Love 4

Only 14 TCCs left: 

Now this is just me speculating based on the back of their head haha! 

Left to right:

Kalyssa or Alexandria (based on hair)

Miranda (reacting to herself on the screen)

Christina - front

Lexi - Behind Christina

Molly or Rachel

Gina

Alexis

Molly or Rachel

Lauren

Keyra

Tara and Savannah are in front of them

Looks like Kalyssa (or Alexandria) and Taryn in front of them

Which would mean we have a Brennan cut

Edited by dccfan37

I did not know the show started today.  I have to watch the second showing tonight.  I'm excited!  On the rumor, I hope both girls are still on the team.  I like watching them both dance.  Jenna is my favorite or one of my top favorite dancers on the team.  I don't really follow the girls after the show ends, so I am going off the cheerleaders that left an impressive lasting impression on me after the show.  I am fascinated about some of the juicy off the field stories and unfavorable opinions that I don't know much about expressed on this or other threads.  

Edited by DaisyFields500
1 hour ago, cvogue said:

Season 12 still not available on Amazon...I did message them and got a form letter response from some person in India (assumed from the name).

I would think tomorrow it would be there. It better be anyway. There's always Itunes but my computer doesn't play media well on that.   I know the Amazon episodes weren't available until the day after the airing, maybe CMT still has to take all the good music out and replace with all the crappy stuff. I dunno. IIRC last year the episodes weren't available until the next day, but I thought I was at least able to order the season pass before hand. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

Dislike the nepotism the show is showing with dayton 

They are whoring her out. Makes me dislike her when I'm sure she is a sweet girl. 

But if that was true, she would have made it to training camp.  They have to work with Shelly every day so it would have been so much easier to have just put her on the team but they didn't.

7 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

I was wondering that too! One girl said she spent $1000.00 on hers.  She really got taken for a ride.

They are expensive but the bigger cost are the bling which have to be ordered separately and put on by the customer

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Jessinvirginia said:

Hi guys! New poster, long time lurker. Hubs got rid of cable so I'm living through this board. (We're not divorced because of it. Yet...)There is sadness in my soul that I'm missing the first episode! Where can I freaking buy it?! Aggghhh....

Hubs is rude ?

• Love 1

below is the conversation I had with Amazon just now regarding season 12

Vish: Season 12 will premiere on August 3, 2017. ‎11‎:‎52‎:‎32‎ ‎PM

Vish: It will be available on Amazon in 24 to 48 hours after the TV premiere. ‎11‎:‎52‎:‎32‎ ‎PM

Me: Are you sure? ‎11‎:‎53‎:‎01‎ ‎PM

Vish: Well, That's the Policy we have at Amazon. ‎11‎:‎54‎:‎15‎ ‎PM

Vish: Any Series which Amazon provides will be available online 24 to 48 hours after the airdate.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

below is the conversation I had with Amazon just now regarding season 12

Vish: Season 12 will premiere on August 3, 2017. ‎11‎:‎52‎:‎32‎ ‎PM

Vish: It will be available on Amazon in 24 to 48 hours after the TV premiere. ‎11‎:‎52‎:‎32‎ ‎PM

Me: Are you sure? ‎11‎:‎53‎:‎01‎ ‎PM

Vish: Well, That's the Policy we have at Amazon. ‎11‎:‎54‎:‎15‎ ‎PM

Vish: Any Series which Amazon provides will be available online 24 to 48 hours after the airdate.

YAYYYYY I've been checking Amazon and iTunes off and on all day ??

I'll stop now. 

Living here in Central Ohio, I wish I had gone up to Canton to meet the girls plus K and J ?

If the rumor about Holly is true and she's been cut or quit, I'm kinda disappointed in her. She's been one of my faves! I wondered why they didn't make her a 2nd Group Leader this year, now it seems that her lack of maturity is likely the reason. 

This all might affect her future dance career, especially if she stays in Texas. Her reputation will precede her...

• Love 4

Hi, I have been a lurker for a while now, but this is my first post!

I do not have CMT as Comcast sucks! So I was unable to watch the Season 12 premiere tonight.  I hope to catch it tomorrow on my FireTV.

I thought I would share the post Jenna tweeted this evening regarding the HOF game...

It seems to me that she could just be on probation.

IMG_1680.PNG

• Love 3
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I'll post it again here because it bears repeating and repeating. 

Dayton is just so stinking pretty I cannot even. Also @ShellyB, you don't look a day over 29, seriously. 

Thank you very much...good genetics and an esthetician! 

• Love 5

I wonder what happens if Jenna does "whatever" she did (tho I know the rumors everyone been saying of what happened to her and Holly, but until it is confirmed I will use the words "whatever Jenna and Holly did" loosely because we don't know exactly what happened and until its confirmed it is all rumours of what happened and caused why Holly and Jenna not to be there) again. Does that mean, the whole of group one would have a group leader and 2nd leader shuffled?

Whether what Jenna and Holly did, I am surprised that it took this incident to cause them to be on probation/quit DCC. I thought K + J was "stricter" than this (from watching previous seasons) I thought they (K + J) cut people for far less than what happened. (Naming no names, Sydney, Paige, Kaitlin LeGrand)

6 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Yeah, but they're usually available to purchase earlier.  I buy Better Call Saul and The Walking Dead season passes, so while it's true that they're not available to watch until the next day, I'm able to purchase them in advance.  As someone else here said, maybe they need time to switch out the music, or maybe there are some different rules with CMT.

• Love 2

confused.jpg.f73de45ac39d648169904fd053de48c8.jpg

Someone catch me up. What happened to Holly P and Jenna ? Jenna was in her 5th year, and did everything, so retirement isn't a total surprise. Holly just finished her 2nd year, and was very strong

7 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

But if that was true, she would have made it to training camp.  They have to work with Shelly every day so it would have been so much easier to have just put her on the team but they didn't.

They spent an ungodly amount of time on her. It was annoying. People want press so it is partly nepotism that they spent that much time on her 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

They spent an ungodly amount of time on her. It was annoying. People want press so it is partly nepotism that they spent that much time on her 

I think they did the same thing when Judy's daughter tried out.  It gave us a little peak into the life of someone we almost sort of "know" from this board.  

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, sATL said:

confused.jpg.f73de45ac39d648169904fd053de48c8.jpg

Someone catch me up. What happened to Holly P and Jenna ? Jenna was in her 5th year, and did everything, so retirement isn't a total surprise. Holly just finished her 2nd year, and was very strong

You can scroll up and read all the posts. When you reach the top, hit the previous  button. 

Edited by RhiRhi
12 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

You can scroll up and read all the posts. When you reach the top, hit the previous  button. 

I did. I'm looking for a short answer without going through 10+ pages.. not to mention maybe there is a newer development

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

There's no new development. Holly and Jenna did not go to Canton for the HOF ceremonies with the rest of the veterans. Holly has been super quiet on social media. Jenna sent a nice message to the girls and did some DCC related stuff back in Frisco.

Rumors are running rampant. Nothing is confirmed. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

I wonder what happens if Jenna does "whatever" she did (tho I know the rumors everyone been saying of what happened to her and Holly, but until it is confirmed I will use the words "whatever Jenna and Holly did" loosely because we don't know exactly what happened and until its confirmed it is all rumours of what happened and caused why Holly and Jenna not to be there) again. Does that mean, the whole of group one would have a group leader and 2nd leader shuffled?

Whether what Jenna and Holly did, I am surprised that it took this incident to cause them to be on probation/quit DCC. I thought K + J was "stricter" than this (from watching previous seasons) I thought they (K + J) cut people for far less than what happened. (Naming no names, Sydney, Paige, Kaitlin LeGrand)

What did Sydney do?

i don't think an ungodly amount of time was spent on Dayton. They always give legacies a spotlight, but hey featured a few girls.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, kalibean said:

There's no new development. Holly and Jenna did not go to Canton for the HOF ceremonies with the rest of the veterans. Holly has been super quiet on social media. Jenna sent a nice message to the girls and did some DCC related stuff back in Frisco.

Rumors are running rampant. Nothing is confirmed. 

Thanks for the update. I am looking forward to a killer solo and/or show group audition from Holly. Her routines from 2? years ago were awesome.

49 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

What did Sydney do?

There was a lot of talk that her retirement was sudden and that she must have done something to piss K&J off.  Speculation was that it had something to do with some movie she was in or did choreography for.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, missmansfield said:

Anthony Ramos is a tool.  

He looks like an oily used car salesman. (Not a jab at non oily used car salesmen) he looks like he'd sell you a car with sugar in the gas tank for quadruple the price. He gives me the heebie jeebies.

• Love 2

Finally saw the episode. 

I liked Brennan's top.  

I didn't mind the focus on Dayton.  I don't follow girls on social media so the fact that we have such a connection th her on here makes it better for me so I'm alright.

I like that they split up the prelims and semis.  We have extra eps and it is Making the Team so I like getting to know some of the girls this early on and then focus on others on the next episode.  Plus, I've always wanted semis to be longer so a full episode is great to me.  Maybe we'll see more dancing, more learning choreography by both wannabees and returnIng vets.  More dancing.  More deliberation. Isn't this what we asked for?  Well I'll keep hope alive.  ?  I'm excited for next week.

Yeah, Whitney had better knock it out the park if she wants this.  

The mother/daughter team didn't bother me.  Liked the DJ playing "we Are Family" on last looks.  Hell, if I were the Mom I'd go for it.  Why the hell not.  Just the experience of being in all that young energy is fun.  Sure beats your everyday life.  What else would you be doing?  Another regular day at work?  Grocery shopping, laundry?  Or driving to Dallas with your daughter to try out for DCC?  Being in a room full of young, nervous energy and having a story to tell when you get home and  memories of a lifetime with your daughter?  No contest.

Shake your boobs, trashy in a good way girl is cute and has nice presence, just needs to tone it down.  You better bring that same energy tomorrow.  But I like her.  I gave her a yes.

Didn't like them asking about the costs of their costumes.  At all.  But I did laugh when What's His Name said "what is going on here?"

Two more girls I really like but can't remember names right now.   Anyway, yeah our show is back!  Let the snark begin.

Edited by VintageJ
More thoughts and auto-correct
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I think they did the same thing when Judy's daughter tried out.  It gave us a little peak into the life of someone we almost sort of "know" from this board.  

But remember they took Cassie on the first tryout.  That did not happen to Dayton and from what Shelly said, Dayton decided several months before auditions to try out and that they knew it might not lead to being on the team.  I think they gave Dayton a fair chance.

• Love 1

Kellil seems to flat out dislike Whitney. It was almost like she seemed annoyed that she dared to try out again. That was just weird. 

I have no issue with Christina but I didn't notice a huge difference in her performance. I think her haircut is cute however. 

Kalyssa definitely has sex appeal but at a few points, it was a bit much lol.

I like both Briana's. I'm friends with a few people who weee friendly with Titans-Briana in college, so I'm partial to rooting for her. 

I am surprised that they didn't even take the ballroom dancer to semis, honestly. She had a harsh look, but it would have been interesting to see her to do DCC choreography. 

I like Dayton. 

• Love 6

Whitney's behavior at being cut last year was WEIRD.  I get Kelli's dislike.

I'm sorry, but Christina is PATHETIC.  The number of times she's tried out plus the fact that she was FIRST in line for preliminaries, just makes her look desperate.  And her dancing is meh (at best).  If she makes the team, it'll be out of pity.

• Love 3

Probably going to need to move this to unpopular opinions... but I don't think they would've given Dayton a second of TV time if she wasn't a legacy.... fell out of her turn, quite a bit "softer" than the rest of the girls (DONT turn this into something it's not, she's small, but definitely not to DCC standards.) 

Do I think she would have made it to semis? Maybe. But probably not past that point IMO.  And something about how they talked to her after she was cut at Finals rubbed me the wrong way. Do they talk to everyone after they get cut and tell them specifically what they need to improve on? Idk..... I'm just not buying the "she has it harder than everyone else" story. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Cheerio34 said:

. Do they talk to everyone after they get cut and tell them specifically what they need to improve on?

No personal feedback is given and applications are not retained for next season per DCC website http://www.dallascowboys.com/content/auditions-faq

"If I am not selected as a training camp candidate may I call the DCC office to receive my judges comments?

No. The judges sheets are not kept on file and comments about your audition are not available."

• Love 1

Other notes from the show:

- the mom daughter duo was precious I thought.

- I liked the nurse with the big curly hair! Very well spoken and had great technique.

- Briana was striking. Amazing technique.  Kelli seemed to LOVE her.

- the girl with the hearing problem CAN TURN!!! Hope she returns next year and doesn't let the comments get to her. I died laughing when she said "I threw up this morning." It was so real and funny. 

- Ballroom dancer chick annoyed me. 

- wish we saw more of the Mavs girls that are currently TCC. 

- and last but not least.... $1000 on a top?!?! 

1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

No personal feedback is given and applications are not retained for next season per DCC website http://www.dallascowboys.com/content/auditions-faq

"If I am not selected as a training camp candidate may I call the DCC office to receive my judges comments?

No. The judges sheets are not kept on file and comments about your audition are not available."

Exactly my point. 

9 minutes ago, Cheerio34 said:

(DONT turn this into something it's not, she's small, but definitely not to DCC standards.) 

If she wants to come back next year and it's not a spur of the moment decision like it sounded this year, I think she'll go further in auditions/tc.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

I'm sorry, but Christina is PATHETIC.  The number of times she's tried out plus the fact that she was FIRST in line for preliminaries, just makes her look desperate.  And her dancing is meh (at best).  If she makes the team, it'll be out of pity.

She really does look desperate. Maybe she has nothing else better to do. Sounds harsh, but she seems really..pressed.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Cheerio34 said:

Probably going to need to move this to unpopular opinions... but I don't think they would've given Dayton a second of TV time if she wasn't a legacy.... fell out of her turn, quite a bit "softer" than the rest of the girls (DONT turn this into something it's not, she's small, but definitely not to DCC standards.) 

Do I think she would have made it to semis? Maybe. But probably not past that point IMO.  And something about how they talked to her after she was cut at Finals rubbed me the wrong way. Do they talk to everyone after they get cut and tell them specifically what they need to improve on? Idk..... I'm just not buying the "she has it harder than everyone else" story. 

I was coming here to say this. By their own standards, Dayton is "soft". I certainly don't think she is soft, either for a "regular" young woman or a pro cheerleader. But by the standards DCC sets, she is.  If she wasn't a legacy, so would not have gotten to finals -- 12 seasons of this show show us that.

That being said, I get the appeal of "known" TCCs -- whether it is a Cassie who maybe didn't have her best day at semis, or a Morgan who had memory issues but Kitty knew, or a Dayton that might be soft but they know her work ethic.  Known quantities are a safer risk than Susie Off The Street no one knows, even if that doesn't seem fair based on 90 seconds of dancing.

2 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Kelly Q tried out five times before she made the squad, other girls have had to try out multiple times as well. I think Christina has worked on the areas of concern and she certainly looks more like a DCC now than she did last time she made TC.

While Kelli and Judy have kept girls that they were questioning: Morgan, Breelan, Allie, no way would they run the risk of ruining their brand/the squad just out of pity, if that were how they operated Amy and Kyndall would have made the team last year, especially Amy who had tried out five times

• Love 13
6 hours ago, WichitaStateShock said:

I think it's an interesting storyline and that's why they showed it. Kelly's comment about using "director's eyes" made sense to me also. 

• Love 4

Titan Briana is an “everything but.” Pretty, poised, loveable, but…doesn’t have the DCC style. It’s a shame because she seems like a great person.

NJ teen Brianna is so cute and a great dancer but holy smokes, her kicks in the preview weren’t even close. Is she the one that everybody criticized for her Chris Brown concert tweet? That was ridiculous; she’s not trashy in any way.

Ballroom girl…ugh, I hate to criticize people’s looks but when it’s a prerequisite for the job there has to be a minimum standard.

Mother/daughter girl might have a nose but so does Heather O and nobody cares because she is cute overall.

Whitney will never overcome her RBF.

Christina being first in line impressed me.

Dayton is darling and will be there in a year or two. I am not joking that there was a shot of Shelly where I did a double take because I thought she was Dayton for a second.

I liked the pace of the episode, the number of girls who were profiled or interviewed, and the time they spent showing the actual auditions.

Here is how outfits cost $300: http://www.dallaswearuniforms.com/exclusive-collections/

And finally: that bingo game needs a “world class” space for sure.

• Love 5