Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

The MTT page on Facebook has a couple of sneak peeks of tomorrow's episode. On one, Kelli announces that "we're down to 37 and have one more cut to make." So she certainly isn't making any attempt to be vague with the number count. It will be interesting to see when/how they address that last week's 38 has become this week's 37. If they just go straight to 37, it really would be true that they don't care a bit about continuity from one episode to the next.

• Love 1

um...what do you mean "finally"? It's not like she wasn't on instagram before. She deleted her old perti certi IG.

Meanwhile, is it me or is Robin rocking a serious wedgie? That looks uncomfortable.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Have you ever met him? Or talked to him or Dak at this club?   Do they have people all trying to get autographs and stuff?

I’ve met Dak a couple of times actually! He’s a nice guy with his head on his shoulders. People give him his space and no one really tries to get photos/autographs with him. He never tries to go igcongito either - on Saturday he was out wearing a jersey with his last name on the back ?

• Love 9
12 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

The official DCC insta put up a bimini photo of Jenna and holy photoshop fail. she's barely recognisable.  even the comments are calling it out. i know they photoshop the crap out of the calendar but I've never seen such bad and blatant PS before on one of the girls to the point that without the caption I would've struggled to know who it was meant to be

jenna.jpg

I immediately recognized who it was. Of course photoshop is used, but I don't think it's anything more extreme than what's generally used.

8 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

I’m very curious that Erica and Holly are Cersten’s biggest hype girls. Why would you want two girls that left on such bad terms doing your promo??? 

..maybe they're just friends?

• Love 9
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

It's under the preview, the second comment and there are like 19 replies - it's in that group.  How do you post a link to just that video??  I am so not tech savvy:(

There's a way to click on the FB video and see the link to post but I'm not tech savvy enough to figure it out right now (need coffee lol)

13 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

I’m very curious that Erica and Holly are Cersten’s biggest hype girls. Why would you want two girls that left on such bad terms doing your promo??? 

I'm confused.. Cersten did a promo for whom , where Erica and Holly assisted  by doing what exactly ?

Edited by sATL
3 hours ago, sATL said:

I'm confused.. Cersten did a promo for whom , where Erica and Holly assisted  by doing what exactly ?

Erica and Holly have both recently posted pictures with themselves and Cersten. I don't think it's anything to read into too much.

Edited by ilovetrashtv
  • Love 1

I am confused about something, in the episode where Gina gets called along with Lacey and Robin, Kelli said that was because they were her group leaders but in all the videos where you can see all 9 , Gina is not in Lacey's Group.  Am I missing something?

On 10/14/2017 at 5:00 PM, tajalexander said:

Something tells me Jenn K will be involved. Mmm.. 

Her choreography is hit or miss for me. I would want someone who pays very close attention to detail to take over for Judy. And I don’t readily know a DCC that is THAT precise and nitpicky with movement. 

(I forget her name but I loved her) the retired DCC with dark/black hair that came in with the retired vets to critic the girls. She was always paying attention to those details. Then maybe have an Emma or Nicole Bulcher for showmanship, and A Jackie Bob-type as Kelli?

I agree, Ashton Torres would be a great director down the road when Kelli retires. Ashton has the same authenticity as Kelli when she critiques, both in her corrections of the girls and in her praises. And she seems to care a lot about the brand.

I'm not sure who'd eventually replace Judy as choreographer. Someone here mentioned Michelle Keys. I think Michelle would be great, but her own career as a choreographer has taken off to such a degree, I'm not sure she'd want to give that up to do DCC full time. Though she'd be more than qualified if she wanted it.

That said, I hope Kelli and Judy stay in it for another decade. They make the show and I absolutely adore them!

- longtime lurker, first time poster :)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I am confused about something, in the episode where Gina gets called along with Lacey and Robin, Kelli said that was because they were her group leaders but in all the videos where you can see all 9 , Gina is not in Lacey's Group.  Am I missing something?

Groups did change later in training camp with vets cut and she may be in a new group now. 

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Watch them pic Melissa Rycroft for name recognition.

She's hustling her brand, too, so not too far off base.

Bite your tongue. The squad would definitely go down hill fast if she takes over Judy's job. The only reason why is on the show now is the fact CMT wanted her on the show because I am not buying Kelli and Judy want her as a judge and mentor.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Bite your tongue. The squad would definitely go down hill fast if she takes over Judy's job. The only reason why is on the show now is the fact CMT wanted her on the show because I am not buying Kelli and Judy want her as a judge and mentor.

I THOUGHT BIGSKY meant Kelli’s job. Who would replace Kelli? I could see them adding Melissa R as something more permanent as long as CMT is there, but I think Kelli is fully aware Melissa does not have any sort of business or choreography skill. Just entertainment reporter name value.

So yes, bite your tongue!  

Edited by RazzleberryPie
Clarification
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I meant Kelli’s job. 

UGH!!! The thought of her getting Kelli's job. No, no and did I say no. There are other former DCCs who are better and more qualified for Kelli's job than Mentor Melissa.

44 minutes ago, Acromantula said:

21690020_1662473560491787_7724200009830236160_n.thumb.jpg.7eff9a9cc95f4f62dcfd4b592abe450c.jpg

Is Tasha on weight watch again I wonder? I mean she looks fabulous nevertheless, but honestly for a pose where she's stretching like that her midriff still looks a bit...chunky to me? 

She honestly looks perfect ? honestly she can gain a crazy amount of weight and I'd still be crushing! 

• Love 7

I cant believe they are going to just ignore the Erica situation? They should just say that she is out because of injury, or had to resign, something?! To not acknowledge is ridiculous, the long time fans like myself do notice. Even if it was for violating her contract they could say, she decided she needed to move on. I need answers!

• Love 9
Just now, TMoney said:

I cant believe they are going to just ignore the Erica situation? They should just say that she is out because of injury, or had to resign, something?! To not acknowledge is ridiculous, the long time fans like myself do notice. Even if it was for violating her contract they could say, she decided she needed to move on. I need answers!

I agree.  They clearly don't care about the fans.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, TMoney said:

It’s very weird they didn’t use the injury as a reason. It was as legit a reason as any to explain her absence and let everyone  save face. 

• Love 5
Just now, TMoney said:

Do you guys think when this season of MTT is over Erica and Holly will post on social media more about their future plans?

Holly already has (set up a webpage promoting herself and has moved to LA). Don't know about Erica.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Holly already has (set up a webpage promoting herself and has moved to LA). Don't know about Erica.

Holly just posted on Instagram that she was moving but back of car looked empty.  I am less impressed with her as time goes on and think I will just unfollow her.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

It’s very weird they didn’t use the injury as a reason. It was as legit a reason as any to explain her absence and let everyone  save face. 

This!! Exactly this! I have been wondering this since the beginning of the Erica thing... I just simply don't get it. 

• Love 2

If the Cowboys lost their minds and made Rycroft a full-time DCC admin in either Judy OR Kelli's role, I think I would have to find myself a new favorite show.  I simply could not stand to hear her yammering on for the entire hour, week in and week out, pretending like she's an expert on all things DCC.  There are sooooo many more qualified vets to take over their roles, Ashton Torres being one of many.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Holly just posted on Instagram that she was moving but back of car looked empty.  I am less impressed with her as time goes on and think I will just unfollow her.

Holly is attaching herself with an old dance mate from her original dance studio (that taught her everything she knows). He has made his own way into modeling.. so hey old friend can I move in with you?  FYI she only "drove 2 hours away and did her homework by the dome light" (DCC audition interview) because the studio owner she was raised by couldn't make Holly her only priority so Holly left and drove to a studio that catered to her. . Imagine having a studio and maybe you have to give attention to ALL your students and not just the princess. The nerve. 

• Love 1
On 10/7/2017 at 10:22 AM, MssdDrms said:

I think Brennan should have gotten it over Rachel.  If they had made Brennan a brunette with her blue eyes, I think she would have been a knockout.  I know it wasn't her looks that knocked her out, but how many times have they said during the makeovers that the right look could impact their dancing like a DCC?

Rachel made the squad due to Jenn k teaching at her studio. 

5 minutes ago, Terri said:

Holly is attaching herself with an old dance mate from her original dance studio (that taught her everything she knows). He has made his own way into modeling.. so hey old friend can I move in with you?  FYI she only "drove 2 hours away and did her homework by the dome light" (DCC audition interview) because the studio owner she was raised by couldn't make Holly her only priority so Holly left and drove to a studio that catered to her. . Imagine having a studio and maybe you have to give attention to ALL your students and not just the princess. The nerve. 

She then left that second studio ...same Sensrio as first.   She will burn thru old friend just has she has everyone else.  Two question is how quick ? 

5 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

Rachel made the squad due to Jenn k teaching at her studio. 

She then left that second studio ...same Sensrio as first.   She will burn thru old friend just has she has everyone else.  Two question is how quick ? 

She took on a character during auditions and the audience ate it up with a spoon. (Accent and all..shes from Missouri we dont' say ya'll?) Hard to watch. Ahh the struggles of a small town girl. Who auditioned with a solo personalized for her by a renown and paid for choreographer. Im sure Holly worked super hard to earn the money to pay him. With a costume coated with swarovskis.  Nothing on her daily schedule but tanning, dentisting, and working out. Imagine trying to compete with that when you work a real job all day and rush to practice while eating dinner in your car and doing your makeup on the freeway. 

Thank you CMT (and whoever else makes editing decisions) for assuming viewers can't add or do simple math (38 minus 1 does not equal 36 last time I checked) and thank you for also assuming we wouldn't notice when a popular veteran just disappears. There is not one good reason her departure wasn't even acknowledged. If they simply "chose not to show it", then that is the dumbest choice the show has ever made. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought I missed an episode. Very annoying. 

I think KaShara's southern accent is the cutest thing. Like, I live in Chicago, and she makes me want to talk with one ?

Gina's hair makes my eyes hurt.

Is the squad usually announced prior to Cowboys training camp? Is that the event that was usually in Oxnard? Surprising they let the rookies perform with show group since the squad isn't official yet

Anthony Ramos' role on the show is just so.... random. Does CMT have some sort of affiliation with Access Hollywood?

Omg, the three of them in those massage chairs ?? Judy looked like she was about to fall asleep

Another introduction for Kalyssa? Is CMT letting the interns edit the show? What is going on? I don't think we've even "met" Alexis (or Taryn?) yet, but we've met Kalyssa and Alexandria twice now

Kalyssa is adorable though. She definitely sounds and looks tired. Kudos to her for being able to juggle that crazy schedule. I am jealous of the lack of bags under her eyes 

Ughh, Christina. Stop crying. Or better yet, just stop talking. 

...."I've been trying to make this team for five years"

...."This is my 5th time auditioning". 

Yeah, so have hundreds of other girls. Get over yourself.

She acts like because she's tried out so many times that she just has to make the team this year. Take a number sweetheart. 

Is the show trying to make "empty your bucket" a thing? 

Kelli to Taryn: "You are so close. You are so close to making this team" ... "You are one locker away from making this team" Way to dangle the carrot, Captain Obvious.

I can name a few others who "aren't game ready yet", Kelli. 

Whew, this was a long post. Thank you to anyone who still reading ?

• Love 12
10 hours ago, ilovetrashtv said:

Erica and Holly have both recently posted pictures with themselves and Cersten. I don't think it's anything to read into too much.

But Cersten's on her left...

• Love 5

Not like anyone cares, but I saw Stephanie, Simone, Chantel, and Yuko out at the new bar, Bottled Blonde tonight. I love that Yuko was there. She’s honestly so breathtaking in person. 

There were at least 5 current cowboys players that I saw and none of the girls were even in their vicinity after they saw them. Jenna & holly, take notes. 

• Love 9

I've noticed Christina has really bad posture on top of several other shortcomings....makes her look like she needs to be on weight watch. Slouched, not pulling in stomach. The LIST goes on and on.

There used to be a fad called "TV Brick" and I want one every time I see her to throw at the T.V.

I certainly would have thought two Vets who were cut this year in auditions would have been leaps and bounds literally above some of the rookies that made it this year. Raylee..that was all kinds of personal, and not warranted. Charlotte, what did she not do for you/

and our fabulous spinner in her solo dance, sorry name escapes, starts wth an M, yes she did make a mistake on the kick line that was bad, but it was a one time stress thing, I don't believe she did that all year on the field.

• Love 2

So I am rewatching episode 10 where they name Kashara point.  When Kelli is talking about Kashara’s journey and they show her dancing on the field you can see Simone back to the left of her.  It almost looks like Simone says oh **** because she totally forgets the choreography!  I had to watch it again, it was a huge mess up!  

Bummed they didn’t address Erica’s departure but I think they were probably over the veteran nonsense.  

In regards to Jenna, she seems more about herself and standing out than about the team.  It was weird how she texted Shelly and told K&J that she gave Kashara a hug.  Also, in last weeks episode when they came back to the Star, Jenna was dancing with her group and was fast in her Choreography on the end pose.  K&J said Jenna was early, when watching her dance it’s like she does it as a look at me.  She has just been an attention seeker this year.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Is the squad usually announced prior to Cowboys training camp? Is that the event that was usually in Oxnard? Surprising they let the rookies perform with show group since the squad isn't official yet

It was last year. This year Training camp was in two parts - Oxnard and The Star so fans could come watch. 

Show group went to Oxnard (mid July ish?) but they didn’t film it. The Star Training camp was actually after team announcement, they just edited it to make it look like they were still on the chopping block. Weird move, I guess they have too much to put in next weeks episode. 

Year before last they did do an event with Showgroup TCCs in uniform though.

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

How did Lauren make Show Group then get called into the office for making "a million mistakes"???  Makes no sense to me.  I've never seen that in previous seasons.

She probably did. Who knows.

13 hours ago, Acromantula said:

21690020_1662473560491787_7724200009830236160_n.thumb.jpg.7eff9a9cc95f4f62dcfd4b592abe450c.jpg

Is Tasha on weight watch again I wonder? I mean she looks fabulous nevertheless, but honestly for a pose where she's stretching like that her midriff still looks a bit...chunky to me? 

I think the only reason we notice this kind of stuff is because she was in better shape last year. But I definitely see what you're talking about. She still looks fantastic!

11 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

I agree.  They clearly don't care about the fans.

I think only the hardcore fans who know each girls name actually notice. 

9 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Thank you CMT (and whoever else makes editing decisions) for assuming viewers can't add or do simple math (38 minus 1 does not equal 36 last time I checked) and thank you for also assuming we wouldn't notice when a popular veteran just disappears. There is not one good reason her departure wasn't even acknowledged. If they simply "chose not to show it", then that is the dumbest choice the show has ever made. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought I missed an episode. Very annoying. 

Gina's hair makes my eyes hurt.

I can think of a few more..lol. It's annoying yes, but..blah. In Shelly's words "moving on..."

*Christina's *teeth

It's not really surprising they let the rookies perform; they did it last year.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I think the only reason we notice this kind of stuff is because she was in better shape last year. But I definitely see what you're talking about. She still looks fantastic!

I think only the hardcore fans who know each girls name actually notice. 

I can think of a few more..lol. It's annoying yes, but..blah. In Shelly's words "moving on..."

*Christina's *teeth

It's not really surprising they let the rookies perform; they did it last year.

Well Shelly and company need to stop acting so annoyed that we want answers. Don't have a show if you're going to leave stuff out that's that major. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, INKWTWH said:

But Cersten's on her left...

LOL maybe Holly's calling herself Cersten's "go to".

2 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

Raylee..that was all kinds of personal, and not warranted. Charlotte, what did she not do for you

Charlotte made a comment something to the effect of veterans needing to get improve every year & Raylee looked the same.  Spare me, I do not believe that every veteran who makes it back doesn't level off.  I agree, something more was going on with her cut.  To have someone like Savannah over her is a crime.

4 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:
13 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

How did Lauren make Show Group then get called into the office for making "a million mistakes"???  Makes no sense to me.  I've never seen that in previous seasons.

Did what?  Make mistakes?  We know she did, she got called out many many times.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

#JusticeforTaryn

I don't think she should have been let go.  If they were going to keep Christina then they should have just let it be 37 and call it a day.

41 minutes ago, Teresa said:

Man, it's almost dangerous that Kalyssa is going full steam on maybe 3 hours of sleep a night. Poor girl! I would be dead. No wonder she's so exhausted. 

She's only 20, she can handle it.   To be young again.......

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Charlotte made a comment something to the effect of veterans needing to get improve every year & Raylee looked the same.  Spare me, I do not believe that every veteran who makes it back doesn't level off.  I agree, something more was going on with her cut.  To have someone like Savannah over her is a crime.

That’s why it’s diffucult for vets who return, because they already know what you’re capable of over some TCCs who they think can turn it up into camp. Not saying Raylee should have been cut over Savannah, because I don’t think there was anything “blah” about Raylee, but it’s a different scenario. Putting it on paper, Raylee had 2 previous years with them, some comments were made that she wasn’t a strong performer vs. Savannah who cheered with another Pro Team for three years that they decided to take a chance on. I can definitely see how Finals is the most difficult because it’s not about who’s good anymore, it’s just about what’s on the table at that moment. They couldn’t have anticipated Savannah dropping the ball in TC. 

Now Christina...there’s just no excuse for that what were they thinking?!

• Love 1