Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

The Chiefs Cheerleaders to me, have always been the best in the business, even though I love the DCC. There are very few who aren't college graduates with

impressive jobs. They are smart, poised, professional, graceful, and well spoken. They may not have the best choreographers, but putting them up against the

DCC in every aspect, they can hold their own. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

There are very few who aren't college graduates with impressive jobs. They are smart, poised, professional, graceful, and well spoken. 

Well, that excludes Holly . . .

• Love 1

Longtime lurker, very infrequent poster, but boy is this season a ride!

My take on the conversation with Kelli and Judy last week: I think Kelly was subtly (or not so subtly) suggesting to Holly that she needed to resign...she point blank told her "I don't trust you, I don't want someone I don't trust on the team, you are on the thinnest of ice and you cannot win my trust back" etc. She pretty much slammed the door shut on any future for Holly with DCC. I thought it was an attempt by K&J to give Holly the opportunity to resign allowing Holly some dignity and saving the organization face from having to boot a cheerleader for poor conduct on national tv...even if everyone knows what happened, this is a very PR conscious way of handling a situation like this.

I think Holly was just too young and immature to get what was happening  and offer her resignation right there and it took a couple days for her to figure it out (or maybe not figure it out but do what they wanted anyway, off camera).

I think as well they were willing to cut Jenna some slack they were not willing to give Holly, for whatever reason....maybe her transgressions were less severe in their minds. They were willing to let her stay and make amends to stay on the team.

Getting all my remaining chores for the evening done so I dont miss a minute tonight!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, MssdDrms said:

Wow!  You are hard core to know all this stuff!!!   I'm impressed!

Thanks for the kind words, can't say I really know this stuff, just speculation, but a lot of the clues do give the impression that it's about the 2006 DCC Squad.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

The Chiefs Cheerleaders to me, have always been the best in the business, even though I love the DCC. There are very few who aren't college graduates with

impressive jobs. They are smart, poised, professional, graceful, and well spoken. They may not have the best choreographers, but putting them up against the

I apologize for calling them a "Random Cheer Team" in a previous post...K&J have done such a good job of branding the DCC as the best in the NFL....I think at this point I'm brainwashed. :)

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, bitsy123 said:

Longtime lurker, very infrequent poster, but boy is this season a ride!

My take on the conversation with Kelli and Judy last week: I think Kelly was subtly (or not so subtly) suggesting to Holly that she needed to resign...she point blank told her "I don't trust you, I don't want someone I don't trust on the team, you are on the thinnest of ice and you cannot win my trust back" etc. She pretty much slammed the door shut on any future for Holly with DCC. I thought it was an attempt by K&J to give Holly the opportunity to resign allowing Holly some dignity and saving the organization face from having to boot a cheerleader for poor conduct on national tv...even if everyone knows what happened, this is a very PR conscious way of handling a situation like this.

I think Holly was just too young and immature to get what was happening  and offer her resignation right there and it took a couple days for her to figure it out (or maybe not figure it out but do what they wanted anyway, off camera).

I think as well they were willing to cut Jenna some slack they were not willing to give Holly, for whatever reason....maybe her transgressions were less severe in their minds. They were willing to let her stay and make amends to stay on the team.

Getting all my remaining chores for the evening done so I dont miss a minute tonight!

Holly was the Kelli pet project ..she has known about Holly since last year and choose to ignore it.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Pure speculation, but if you go through all the clues, has to be Dulce Rosales of the 2006 DCC Squad. The article without a doubt is referring to the DCC.

Late to the party...just saw your explanation.  I have my doubts.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I remember her. I just read the article...how did you come up with Dulce?

19 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

So again just speculation, but pretty sure its DCC

Quotes from the article:

1) "Exactly one week later, I weighed 118....I'd lost 9 pounds (and an entire bra cup size) in seven days! The choreographer patted my butt and said "Good girl!"  - that sounds like Kitty Carter to me.

2)  "When you put 35 hungry, pretty girls together" - 2006 squad was 35.

3) "reality-show levels of drama ensue" - okay so we all understand this.

4) "identifying myself as a cheerleader in public" - heard this is the rule.... would some random cheer team like the Chiefs have this rule (oops sorry sore subject with the KC Chiefs, on this board)

5) "I even had to turn down public appearances for my media job (as in, the one that actually paid my bills) because the squad worried I was a risk to their reputation. " - So Dulce Rosales did commercials and other talent agency events per her online resume.

6) "The constant negative feedback and constraining rules were murdering my self-esteem" - Again this sounds like DCC to me not the Seattle Sea-Gals or Buffalo Jills.

7) "The Power of the Uniform" - Really, because we all can't get over the power of the Iconic Uniform of the New England Patriots.

8) "when it came time for a second season, I opted out" - Ducle Rosales cheered one year.

2 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Oooo next week. 
Jenna, take yo punishment girl, just take it.

I would have taken Taryn or Brennan over Christina any day.

I wonder if Kelli and Judy are thinking the same thing about now.

• Love 10
Just now, Shallan said:

I wonder if Kelli and Judy are thinking the same thing about now.

Yes, I've heard that there's a lot of dissatisfaction with Christine and that she's gotten some serious warnings.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Sigh.  Squad photos used to be so much better.  Relatively speaking, they look like crap now.

10 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Sigh.  Squad photos used to be so much better.  Relatively speaking, they look like crap now.

Who is the brunette on the left between Christina Parker and Deryn?

Well, it doesn't look like the team is being named next week, so it is still possible that they will address, even if just in passing, Erica's departure. I think she was released the day the team was announced. 

7 hours ago, SuzySmith said:

First time posting, and I have to wonder - why all the shade for Christina?  She is on par from what I've seen with most of the others.  There's lots of mistakes, not just hers.  

For me, if it was her or Breelan, I would take B. B looked more put together. Just a personal preference. 

Edited by ElenaFR
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, SuzySmith said:

First time posting, and I have to wonder - why all the shade for Christina?  She is on par from what I've seen with most of the others.  There's lots of mistakes, not just hers.  

Christina's first year she was kind of whiney and desperate. She wasn't a great dancer or kicker despite having a lot of dance experience and when it was crunch time she (and Vivian lol) magically had a injury that was never mentioned before. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Allegedly..

No. Honestly, I think she's done cheering professionally.

The NFL cheer directors absolutely communicate. Just like any other job. Work ethic is work ethic no matter the profession. The rules and contracts are broken down and communicated right up front with the new rookies-there are no surprises. They are aware of everything from weighing in to the no fraternization policy to what their compensation will be. Don't like or agree with it? Then maybe don't take a uniform away from a young lady willing to sign on the dotted line. 

• Love 4
On 10/3/2017 at 9:32 PM, ElenaFR said:

I would say this represents a lot of us, ha!

Holly, go be amazing in whatever you decide to do in life. I just loved watching her dance. She is effortless and has a gift. 

I agree, thank you. I, myself, have fat lazy days in front of the laptop. Holly is a talented dancer and cute as a button. I don't hold ill will towards ANY of the women. I certainly couldn't do what they do.

• Love 7
On 10/4/2017 at 11:21 PM, Terri said:
On 10/4/2017 at 0:35 AM, Kiki88 said:

LOL. Not ever.Underscore ever. Maybe the Chiefs cheerleaders aren't as perfect as the Cowboy's Cheerleaders... However they are overseen by the Hunt family. You're welcome for the AFC WEST and the Superbowl.  Pretty smiles and abs will never talk their way into this team. Brains, beauty, dance excellence and integrity will be your golden ticket to a spot on this team.  #INTEGRITY. 

Ehhh, I've seen their cheerleaders routines and been to Arrowhead stadium... not impressed

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DBAAT said:

The Cowboys's TV show shows their best moments and angles. Try cheering NOT in a dome. In the elements. The August sun, the December snow, and the rain. Chiefs cheerleaders and many other teams not only do this-but get photographed while they do. It's a love for the game. Not necessarily the fame. Extensions and lashes don't fair well in the rain. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Terri said:
3 hours ago, DBAAT said:

The Cowboys's TV show shows their best moments and angles. Try cheering NOT in a dome. In the elements. The August sun, the December snow, and the rain. Chiefs cheerleaders and many other teams not only do this-but get photographed while they do. It's a love for the game. Not necessarily the fame. Extensions and lashes don't fair well in the rain. 

I was speaking in terms of their dancing and routines. Reminded me of the local high school routines lol 

• Love 1

They aren't afforded regular choreographers. The cheerleaders often craft the dances. After working 40 hour a week jobs. The chiefs program emphasizes community involvement above all. The main goal is to help their team win a game. Not out dance their teammates.  

15 minutes ago, Kiki88 said:

I was speaking in terms of their dancing and routines. Reminded me of the local high school routines lol 

There's a reason Cowboys don't wear the higher heeled boots the other teams do. Little more difficult to turn and leap. Their boots are made by Capezio. They are dance boots. Best team money can buy. 

Edited by Terri
20 minutes ago, Terri said:

Their boots are made by Capezio. They are dance boots. Best team money can buy. 

Their boots are made special by Lucchase Boots.  Kelli mentions them often and one of the VPs is a judge at tryouts.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Terri said:

There's a reason Cowboys don't wear the higher heeled boots the other teams do. Little more difficult to turn and leap. Their boots are made by Capezio. They are dance boots. Best team money can buy. 

The Cowboys cheerleader boots? Those are Lucchese boots.. they’re legit boot that you can actually buy a version of! 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Holly is Hollywood bound according to her Instagram account!

IMG_2625.PNG

This whole situation is so weird to me. She obviously left on bad terms, so why show love? Especially after her snarky, passive aggressive posts earlier. I get that she wants to ride the DCC/reality tv coattails as long as possible, but geez, have a little dignity. Otherwise, what was the point of quitting? 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Blou07 said:

The Cowboys cheerleader boots? Those are Lucchese boots.. they’re legit boot that you can actually buy a version of! 

They switched to Capezio.  Robin and Maggie talked about them on Facebook.  They are a dance boot with a softer arch.  The ones they used to have were stiff and heavy.

7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

They switched to Capezio.  Robin and Maggie talked about them on Facebook.  They are a dance boot with a softer arch.  The ones they used to have were stiff and heavy.

Yes.The rest of the NFL cheerleaders are not afforded these boots. Or artificial turf. Or a ceiling. However.. Amazing football with ALL the elements that football season offers. 

22 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

This whole situation is so weird to me. She obviously left on bad terms, so why show love? Especially after her snarky, passive aggressive posts earlier. I get that she wants to ride the DCC/reality tv coattails as long as possible, but geez, have a little dignity. Otherwise, what was the point of quitting? 

29 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Weird! Didn’t know that! Especially since they pride themselves on being one of the only teams to dance in actual boots and they posted a picture of IG last month of the boots and tagged Lucchese in them! 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Terri said:

Yes.The rest of the NFL cheerleaders are not afforded these boots. Or artificial turf. Or a ceiling. However.. Amazing football with ALL the elements that football season offers. 

Welp dignity isn't always the trademark of "America's Sweethearts". Just a thought. Please do your homework if you are going to pledge your allegiance to an NFL cheer team. You are being spoon fed information. There are many teams without TV shows, or nationally recognized choreographers-that still show up every Sunday. Just to do their job. Win games. Maybe that they have a chance to look at the flag and be apart something spectacular that we will never experience. Don't tell me you've been to Arrowhead and not been shocked straight out of your seat. This is the loudest stadium in the NFL. And these are the ladies the run it. #CHIEFS CHEER 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, NMDD43 said:

Let her be gracious. Growth and all that. Better late than never. There is tremendous dignity to be found in humility and learning from one's mistakes. I'm proud of her honestly. 

Edited by Jessinvirginia
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Lucchese has made our boots for the last 8 years. Prior to Lucchese becoming a sponsor, our boots were made by Capezio. 

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Lucchese has made our boots for the last 8 years. Prior to Lucchese becoming a sponsor, our boots were made by Capezio. 

Super wish all NFL cheer teams were afforded these boots. #realgrass 

Another clue to the COSMO article:

"While our code of conduct required us to act like nuns, strangers got away with groping us (I lost count of how many guys did the arm-over-shoulder boob grab to me when posing for pictures). These weren't just random fans either but corporate backer types who paid big bucks for the privilege of hanging out with us. "

So after doing a little digging, it looks like that corporate event they focused on in tonight's episode probably had to be the AdvoCare National Success School event that happened around July 15th. Honestly lost a little respect for the DCC tonight, AdvoCare is a "Creeps-ville" type company, basically one large pyramid scheme, that found a loop-hole in corporate business ethics. I wish I could let K&J know the brand took a big hit tonight in my heart. 

Below was sourced from Wikipedia:

In March 2016, Advocare was the subject of a critical exposée in ESPN The Magazine. The exposée argues that the company and a small number of distributors at the top of a distribution network makes most of its money from the signing-up of new distributors rather than sales of the product, while exaggerating the likelihood of financial success of distributors when only a few make a significant amount of money; that the company creates a cult-like atmosphere of not questioning the company's claims or the probability of financial success in new distributors, to the point where distributors will shun friends and family members who do so; and that the company is internally riven by divisions over the company's strong use of religious affiliation as part of its business model, with more devout members of the organization using it to gain and hold power in the organization and over its members

I obviously love the DCC or I wouldn't be on this post!! My previous comment about the Chiefs Cheerleaders stems back to 20 years ago up until now. The DCC has always been well known, but up until the past 5 years, with the popularity of MTT, the girls were good dancers, but the show has brought higher leveled dancers to tryout. If you have watched every season, you can see the transformation. I believe someone else said after the alumni watched them dance and were giving them feedback, that if some of those women auditioned now, they wouldn't have made it.

I have watched the Chiefs cheer for years, and actually auditioned. They have always had very technical dancers, and the audition process requires that you are able to do everything, even 20 plus years ago. Now, as their tryouts have evolved, they actually have a public tryout as well, fitness testing before making it etc. You can see some clips of their audition process online too. 

I still love my DCC, just don't like the Chiefs to be called second class!!

Edited by DBAAT
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Jessinvirginia said:

Let her be gracious. Growth and all that. Better late than never. There is tremendous dignity to be found in humility and learning from one's mistakes. I'm proud of her honestly.

I agree. Holly quit a few months ago. She's had time to think about it. Maybe she realized she made a mistake, maybe she's had some growth, or maybe she just wanted to save face. 

I quit a bullshit job 7 years ago and I bitched about it for years. In public, however, when I talk about the organization and my former co-workers, I am all smiles and rainbows. 

• Love 6

From that article, "That's not to say the rule successfully kept romances from happening. One teammate quit the squad to marry a player." Does anyone know who that would be?