Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, njcate said:

I thought this was a super interesting comment ??.  I would love to know which girls got / get the most screen time at games - I assume you were referring to some of the huge HD stadium screens. 

If you could share I would love it!!

Hi! The guys controlling the huge screen last night loved Kelsey, Lacey, Jenna, Kashara, Heather O, Maggie, Jinelle, Kelli Q, Gina, Kalyssa, and Tara. 

Lacey and Kashara got A LOT of HD love, probably the most. Heather too.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 5
Just now, PrincessLeia said:

Hi! The guys controlling the huge screen last night loved Kelsey, Lacey, Jenna, Kashara, Heather O, Maggie, Jinelle, Kelli Q, Gina, Kalyssa, and Tara. 

Lacey and Kashara got A LOT of HD love, probably the most. 

Thanks for the inside scoop !!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, FutureDCC said:

Why does Alexandria look like she is marking the halftime dance? No energy at all! Of course it doesn't help that she has powerhouse Kalyssa in front of her.  But still... 

Is she  wearing a blue crop top and light greenish long pants?

1 hour ago, njcate said:

I thought this was a super interesting comment.  I would love to know which girls got / get the most screen time at games - I assume you were referring to some of the huge HD stadium screens. 

If you could share I would love it!!

Wasn't Lacey the Game Day Girl?  It would explain her excessive exposure.

I guess I answered my own question.  Lacey was the Game Day Girl for Dallas vs New York.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Jess14 said:

On a different note, here's a clip of the hip hop dance from yesterday. Madeline and Kalyssa are most visible in this clip? 

Moderator question: since the team hasn't been announced yet on the show, clips featuring the team dancing should still be posted in this thread and not the Media one, right? 

It is so uncomfortable watching Maddie thrust and gyrate like that. It appears pelvic thrusting is DCC's new signature move? ?Some girls can hack it, but good lord Maddie can't. I wonder if there are any male fans out there who find her attractive and/or fit for the "DCC look", because I know a lot of us females do not. #stopgyrating

• Love 3

If you are doing true hip hop, then you really need to get low to the ground the way Kalyssa is doing. She is really one of the few doing it right. My daughter was on a dance team for years and they were really good at hip hop. Going to some of their competitions, and seeing some of the teams, Kalyssa looks like a Girl Scout compared to the way many groups are. They are always telling the girls to get lower etc. She is just doing what she is suppose to do. 

She also danced in the NBA, which is known for their hard hitting hip hop. It's just a different style. She would be really good on the R&B's team. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Trivia time, which one is Bess and which one is Tess? ?

IMG_2229.PNG

There's a Tess? ;) 

The snippet of the half-time routine looked silly to me; can anyone that was at the game say if it looked better in person?  

I saw Kelsey once on tv and she is just stunning. 

I agree with you @NMDD34; Maddie just can't pull off some of those  gyrations/pelvic thrust moves;  probably not the best idea to have Kalyssa dance so close to her.   

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Dccfanwithaloha said:

Since we all have our favorites...here are my all time and current:

(Sort of my take on the request to rank all the current vets)

all-time

1 - Abigail Klein, 2 - Mia Greenhouse, 3 - Jessica Purdy, 4 - Mackenzie Lee, 5 - Kinzie Ryanne, 6 - Jenn K

Current:

Top 15 - Cersten, Lacey, Robyn, Heather, KaShara, Simone, Bess, Khalyn, Yuko, Maggie, Jinelle, Jenna, Tasha, Milan, Amy (Cersten being my number 1 and then in order)

the rest of the vets are all great...very happy with this season...just really sad about Erica (whatever the circumstances were)

All time - Ashton Torres, Emma Mary, Kelsey Bond, Erica, Nicole Hamilton, Kali Nicole, Sasha Agent

Current - Gosh, not too many since there aren't any vets left and I don't know the new girls - probably Lacey, Jinelle and Robin

Favorites who didnt make the team - Rachel Buckmaster (I think that was her name?), Clarissa,  Ika, Kyndall...

Edited by MyFavShows
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

All time - Ashton Torres, Emma Mary, Kelsey Bond, Erica, Nicole Hamilton, Kali Nicole, Sasha Agent

Current - Gosh, not too many since there aren't any vets left and I don't know the new girls - probably Lacey, Jinelle and Robin

Favorites who didnt make the team - Rachel Buckmaster (I think that was her name?), Clarissa,  Ika, Kyndall...

I LOVED Rachel Buckmaster ?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

Its definitely not the most flattering pic of Kalyssa, raunchy or otherwise(and when I first saw it I thought I'd be really upset if I were her and that was the picture of me chosen to be put up but thats just me), but I don;t really see in the footage of her dancing what others seem to - I don't see her as being any more raunchy in the dance than the others, seeing as how its a dance that is about 65% pelvic thrusts and gyrating so raunch is kind of always going to be hinted at. if anything, I think she looks more at home with the style and better in it than Madeline and a couple other dancers around her, some of whom really look like girls playing at a 'risque' dance.. its kinda strange to think of any dancing that is done in a yard of fabric and a push-up bra as ''family friendly' anything. 

Seriously! The DCC uniform (or as Kelli refers to it, their 'Superman cape') itself could be considered pretty raunchy given how barely-there it is. I think Kalyssa looked great in that hip hop number; much more natural and fun to watch (for me) than any of the dancers around her.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Hmmmm the plot thickens (preview for Thursday) 

Spoiler

Well we know Selina makes the team but seems like she gets picked on  a lot this year. It's probably Brianna who gets cut is why Judy said it's the hardest cut.. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, DBAAT said:

If you are doing true hip hop, then you really need to get low to the ground the way Kalyssa is doing. She is really one of the few doing it right. My daughter was on a dance team for years and they were really good at hip hop. Going to some of their competitions, and seeing some of the teams, Kalyssa looks like a Girl Scout compared to the way many groups are. They are always telling the girls to get lower etc. She is just doing what she is suppose to do. 

She also danced in the NBA, which is known for their hard hitting hip hop. It's just a different style. She would be really good on the R&B's team. 

Couldn't agree more - Kalyssa is super at home with the style, and is really selling it, those around her look pretty weak in comparison. Alexandria was marking, missed a number of beats and towards the end of the clip before they started to move across the field not only looked tired as hell, but also like she couldn't remember the dance, like she was having to watch the others and catch up a half-beat later. what the hell were those arms? Madeline just looked like a little girl. she's got the power, but that style of dance combined with her looking like a young girl is just not a great combo, personally.

10 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

They're like a shiny gray, but yeah, they're not flattering on anyone I've seen them in. 

I wish they'd change up the costume, they're always in that one and it's dull

8 hours ago, Pinknblue said:

I LOVED Rachel Buckmaster ?

I LOVED Kyndall, I thought she was super cute, had a lovely personality, super photogenic, seemed sweet.  Was so hoping she'd try out again and make it

• Love 4
20 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

So we had awesome seats last night- 25 yard line, 3 level. So great view of the field and the big screen. Here are my thoughts:

Kashara shined on the big screen. She is not  built like Lacey, but nothing jiggled. She had a sparkle in her eye, and really brought something special. The men in our section loved her. 

Lacey also sparkled. She also brings something extra and her body is to die for. 

Kalyssa looks great in HD. She was a great dancer and is very pretty. 

Ive already posted about Kelsey. They seriously need to keep her forever. Prettiest girl on the squad.

I'm just over Jenna. All I could notice was her appendectomy scar, which looks one foot long on that giant screen. 

Christina looked awkward. 

There were definitely girls who looked heavy. Tasha looked better, but not as skinny as last year auditions. I don't know the names of the girls who I thought looked heavy, so they were rookies bc I know all the vets. 

I know we're supposed to be body positive and all that, but Jenna's scar is huge and distracting.  I just don't think keeping the scar makes her the role model for body positivity that she imagines it does, and I get the impression that's why she's never had it revised.  I would have it stitched up pronto.  JMO.

• Love 2
Just now, RedDelicious said:

I know we're supposed to be body positive and all that, but Jenna's scar is huge and distracting.  I just don't think keeping the scar makes her the role model for body positivity that she imagines it does, and I get the impression that's why she's never had it revised.  I would have it stitched up pronto.  JMO.

What do you mean by 'I just don't think keeping the scar makes her the role model for body positivity that she imagines it does'?  I don't understand.  Not trying to be combative, just curious

• Love 1

I personally think it makes her an excellent model for body positivity - she has a giant, visible "flaw" on an otherwise flawless figure and seems extremely body confident.  I don't blame her one bit for not having the scar revised, if it's even possible, if only because of her job with the DCC.  Stitches on the torso are a total whip from a healing perspective (unfortunately I know this from experience)...she'd have to stop dancing for at least six weeks to have it done.  Her job doesn't seem to mind so I don't think she'll ever bother.

Her scar is distracting for me at times, but I can only imagine how cool kids on a hospital visit would find it.  That's the kind of stuff I'd love to see more often on social media.  Athletes like Russel Wilson are constantly making visits, so I'm wondering if/when the DCC does the same.

I respect that we all have different opinions about it, though, just wanted to share my POV.

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

What do you mean by 'I just don't think keeping the scar makes her the role model for body positivity that she imagines it does'?  I don't understand.  Not trying to be combative, just curious

No worries! ? I have to throw out the disclaimer that I'm so over Jenna, so my thoughts on the matter are overshadowed by that. I remember reading somewhere that some little girl said something to the effect of Jenna makes me feel better about the scar that I have, and then suddenly Jenna became the role model for body positivity.  I want to be clear that my comment/reaction has nothing to do about the little girl, and everything to do about eye rolling Jenna because I think she has an overinflated ego to begin with. Sounds horrible, I am aware. 

• Love 2
On 9/11/2017 at 7:31 AM, Jess14 said:

I wonder if the lying probably really pissed them off and frankly, it's a stupid lie. Holly has a distinctive look with red hair, and they were in a public bar. I'm sure many people saw her. Had not Jenna lied, I assume she would probably be off the squad as well at this point.  It doesn't appear to be information that would be difficult to verify if they wanted to get to the bottom of it.

Right. I'm certain they didn't learn from this forum

On 9/11/2017 at 8:39 AM, CaseyRe said:

I find the whole 'no dating/talking to/being around the players' rule hella sexist and patronizing. It's to protect the players images predominantly, especially those that are married/in a relationship and incapable of keeping it in their pants, particularly on the road.  Rather than teach men to be faithful and respectful, the girls are expected to ensure they're off limits, to the point where in previous years being at the same party that a player crashed meant having to leave immediately and still facing K&J if you were reported (and who even does that?!?! it's like when I was at school, we weren't allowed to be seen to eat or drink in uniform while in public even outsdie school hours and members of the public actually WOULD call the school to report that one of us had been seen with a water bottle on the bus or whatever. those people need lives asap), even if you weren't in the same damn room as the player, and you were invited and he wasn't and you didn't know he'd be there.  Its more of the whole 'the cheerleaders are meant to be viewed as super sexual and hyper-sexualised, and seemingly available but not actually be sexual' thing the DCC have going on.   HOWEVER, if it's a rule, it's a rule, no different to an office that prohibits office romance. 

I know your teens/early 20s you can have some terrible taste in guys, but wowza, if true Holly has some awful taste in guys.

They don't need to teach grown men anything. I don't think it's sexist at all since it applies to both sexes.

5 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I personally think it makes her an excellent model for body positivity - she has a giant, visible "flaw" on an otherwise flawless figure and seems extremely body confident.  I don't blame her one bit for not having the scar revised, if it's even possible, if only because of her job with the DCC.  Stitches on the torso are a total whip from a healing perspective (unfortunately I know this from experience)...she'd have to stop dancing for at least six weeks to have it done.  Her job doesn't seem to mind so I don't think she'll ever bother.

Her scar is distracting for me at times, but I can only imagine how cool kids on a hospital visit would find it.  That's the kind of stuff I'd love to see more often on social media.  Athletes like Russel Wilson are constantly making visits, so I'm wondering if/when the DCC does the same.

I respect that we all have different opinions about it, though, just wanted to share my POV.

I agree. It doesn't necessarily distract me as much as it used to make me wonder what it was from and made me feel like the DCC obviously didn't care about stuff like that.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, kalibean said:

As someone covered in surgical scars, including a hella ugly one all down my abdomen from anterior spinal surgery,, I agree.  I've spent a lot of time hating my scars, esp the one on my stomach that goes from ribs to pubic bone, about 8" and it's not pretty, and where they had to cut a triangular piece because I started to bleed out (I have veins where no veins should be and every time my surgeon tried to break apart andd old spinal cage I started to bleed - spinal surgery is super violent) there's a dimple where the three cuts were sewn up, and looked like a second belly button for AGES and still is supeer visible, but I started to view them positively - they're proof I survived something that almost killed me. IThat i can even walk at all is a minor miracle. the size of her scar is suggestive either the appendicitis was advanced (meaning super swollen and required larger incision to remove safely rather than keyhole which happened to my sister) or she was young when it happened and the scar has stretched a lot.  yeah, the scar isn't pretty, but I don''t think there's that much she can do about it, and for those that haven't had abdo surgery, its super painful. it was the most painful thing I've ever endured and I broke my back in three places.  trying to 'fix' the scar, could very easily make it worse, recovery would be prolonged and the new scar purple and red for ages, making it look 'worse' and she'd be in pain all for aesthetics. if it doesn't bother her, it doesn't bother me

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Dccfanwithaloha said:

Since we all have our favorites...here are my all time and current:

(Sort of my take on the request to rank all the current vets)

all-time

1 - Abigail Klein, 2 - Mia Greenhouse, 3 - Jessica Purdy, 4 - Mackenzie Lee, 5 - Kinzie Ryanne, 6 - Jenn K

Current:

Top 15 - Cersten, Lacey, Robyn, Heather, KaShara, Simone, Bess, Khalyn, Yuko, Maggie, Jinelle, Jenna, Tasha, Milan, Amy (Cersten being my number 1 and then in order)

the rest of the vets are all great...very happy with this season...just really sad about Erica (whatever the circumstances were)

all time

1. Jacie Scott 2. Danielle Barhold 3. Kim Tong 4. Jinelle Davidson Tie 5. Brooke Sorensen Nicole Bulcher

Top 15...In no order

Kelsey Bond, Simone Collett, Veronica Lind, KaSexy, Ashton Torres, Madeline Massingill, Sasha Agent, Emma Dutton, Jenna Amburn, Cassie Trammell, Breelan Statham, Morgan Jordan, Chrisitna Riccelli, Mary Dill and Raylee.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

No worries! ? I have to throw out the disclaimer that I'm so over Jenna, so my thoughts on the matter are overshadowed by that. I remember reading somewhere that some little girl said something to the effect of Jenna makes me feel better about the scar that I have, and then suddenly Jenna became the role model for body positivity.  I want to be clear that my comment/reaction has nothing to do about the little girl, and everything to do about eye rolling Jenna because I think she has an overinflated ego to begin with. Sounds horrible, I am aware. 

When did this happen? I honestly curious, not being combative. I don't recall her scar ever being mentioned on the show, and I only recall seeing it mentioned in one or two articles/videos that's been posted here. 

• Love 1

Oh gosh I don't even remember, it was definitely ages ago, but I do recall the chatter about it.

It's a sticky subject because we see K&J so terribly judgemental of some girls God given physical characteristics with terms like "thut". In some cases it doesn't seem fair. Overall there is a lot of body judgement.

I don't think the scar is ugly but I do find it to be distracting and I think Jenna's a little full of herself. That's all I got.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

When did this happen? I honestly curious, not being combative. I don't recall her scar ever being mentioned on the show, and I only recall seeing it mentioned in one or two articles/videos that's been posted here. 

I think it's because she's obviously celebrated for it being a part of her and that it's okay to not be "flawless". The fact that it's not covered makes her the "we take everyone as they are" girl. That's all I think that means.

• Love 2

Totally off-topic, but I'd forgotten about it til now - I notice a lot of the girls promoting the same products on insta - face scrubs, protein powders, 'weight loss' supplements etc - and I was wondering if anyone knew - is that something they do through the DCC (as in the DCC are sponsored or whatever by the product and so the girls have to promote it on their instas) or are they approached individually?

Just now, LadyMsJay said:

I think it's because she's obviously celebrated for it being a part of her and that it's okay to not be "flawless". The fact that it's not covered makes her the "we take everyone as they are" girl. That's all I think that means.

plus the cynical side of me thinks it allows them to say 'look how inclusive we are' while also giving them a get out of jail freee card to not take other girls with 'flaws' because they alredy have that 'diversity' box checked. 

• Love 2

Kelsi Reich has to be somewhere on the list of all-time, perfect DCC.  She was a great performer and used to teach prep classes with Michelle Keys a long time back.  Plus she subsequently redeemed the slightly mean-girl quality I always attributed to her (and I don't know if she was one or not) when she basically became a Christian missionary and an example of living a simple life in the service of others.

4-kelsi-reich-dallas-cowboys-cheerleader)

09000d5d8241c302_gallery_600.jpg

• Love 1

I never even noticed Jenna's scar, until someone here mentioned it months ago.  I had to zoom in on a picture of her to see it.  I don't follow anyone on social media, but from what I'm seen on the show I don't see anything objectionable in her personality.  As if anyone could tell from this promo ad masquerading as a reality show.

I hope this is her last year, because it's time..  She doesn't seem to have an issue maintaining weight or injuries, so we'll have to see.  But if I was 24 and was a local celeb in the Dallas party circuit, I don't know if I'd be in such a hurry to move on.  I also hope she get Pro Bowl.  She's put in the time.  Has been GL for multiple years.  Show group for many years.  

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Gotcha. It just seemed like Jenna herself was being criticized for talking about her scar all of the time or something. Jenna is certainly not above criticism, I just haven't seen her talk about the scar that much (no sob story on the show for instance), which is what prompted the question. If it's referring to general perception, then that's makes sense. 

I imagine that they did consider her scar her rookie year. Once they got into training camp however, that was a pretty big rookie class and she was nowhere near the bottom dancewise. It's not all that visible when she's in motion, and for still pictures, she can be positioned where the scar is not seen. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, pizzaislife said:

I bet its Brianna. Since they adore her so much.

We're hoping it's Erica . . . but we know it's not.  Bye Brianna.  What kind of girl (no matter race or economic status) from New Jersey, has never danced to hip hop?  Just because you have model looks, those excuses won't fly.  See you next year! Or not.

• Love 2

It's Brianna, and they should feel bad!  Kelly did her "let's take a chance on this girl and see if we can transform her" when there's no way in heck Brianna has the flexibility or the DCC style.  Poor thing is barely out of high school and left everything to pursue a dream that was never going to happen.  Kelli's interest in "finding a diamond in the rough" mislead this poor girl big time, and they should feel terrible.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

It's Brianna, and they should feel bad!  Kelly did her "let's take a chance on this girl and see if we can transform her" when there's no way in heck Brianna has the flexibility or the DCC style.  Poor thing is barely out of high school and left everything to pursue a dream that was never going to happen.  Kelli's interest in "finding a diamond in the rough" mislead this poor girl big time, and they should feel terrible.

Yup. for all their 'we hate taking girls to TC and then cutting them' nonsense, they sure took a bunch of girls this year thaat were NEVER going to make the squad. maybe in a couple years Brianna would make it, with some intensive prep classes but I can't imagine why they took her this year except for the drama of it all (and her looks) and maybe (if im being generous) giving her a peek at wha it could be, what she could have, if she worked for it for future auditions.  she's cute and all, but nt DCC ready, not yet nd taking her to TC was just building her up for a fall

• Love 3
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

Yes, I agree... I'd leave the scar as is. However, it is all I could notice when she was on the big screen. But, I'm over Jenna so maybe that's why. She's a beautiful girl with or without that scar.

yes- the DCC does hospital visits.

• Love 1

I don't have an medical qualifications whatsoever, but I'm pretty sure not every scar is operable and even if it is she may not want it to be. Some people wear their scars (literally or figuratively) proudly and concider it part of who they are. 

Either way, I don't even notice it anymore. Doesn't make me like watching her any less. 

• Love 1

I have a lovely scar from a kidney operation after being hit by a car. It looks like the surgeons cut me in half. I can tell where they cut me open and closed me back up. I think they were more concerned about saving my life and left kidney than leaving a scar. I hate it, but to me it is my warrior scar after being hit by a car the day before my fourth birthday and almost not making it. My husband's kidney transplant scar looks like they took out his appendix or gall bladder than a major operation where he got a new kidney. It is interesting when a few doctors have seen my scar because they ask me if I was the one who got a new kidney instead of my husband.

In the case of Jenna and her scar. It does not bug me. To me a person's imperfection makes the person who he or she is. I have known some so-called beautiful people with an unpleasant/ugly attitude, but a person with scars tells me he or she is a fighter and is usually a kinder and gentle person compared to someone who can mean on the outside. I did like Jenna when she first made the team, but I think being a DCC for so long and now being the senior leader on the squad may have went to her head.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

Yup. for all their 'we hate taking girls to TC and then cutting them' nonsense, they sure took a bunch of girls this year thaat were NEVER going to make the squad. maybe in a couple years Brianna would make it, with some intensive prep classes but I can't imagine why they took her this year except for the drama of it all (and her looks) and maybe (if im being generous) giving her a peek at wha it could be, what she could have, if she worked for it for future auditions.  she's cute and all, but nt DCC ready, not yet nd taking her to TC was just building her up for a fall

Well..they took a few girls in who got barbies who didn't make the squad. I'm sure they didn't anticipate that those girls would get cut. I think it makes sense to take in more girls and weed out the ones who just don't get it instead of only letting the "greats from finals" in.

• Love 2

If they only brought in the TC Candidates and the vets who would definitely make up the new squad, there would be no show because why would viewers want to watch the girls practice the routines for the upcoming seasons. Bringing in girls who probably would not make the team or vets who may be on the bubble for weight gain or other offenses which pisses off Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte brings in the viewers and ratings.

I have a theory on Brianna. It occurred to me that maybe Kelli sees a lot of her own daughter, Sam, in Brianna. Young, pretty and at the start of grownup life. Maybe she hoped by taking Brianna to TC that she was being a supportive mother-type since B moved so far from home. I think it really messed with Kelli's usual objectivity, thus all the tears that surely came when they cut her. In truth, they never should have taken Brianna to TC in the first place when she needed a year to grow up and get more dance experience. Just my two cents.

Also, this just got posted:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

Well..they took a few girls in who got barbies who didn't make the squad. I'm sure they didn't anticipate that those girls would get cut. I think it makes sense to take in more girls and weed out the ones who just don't get it instead of only letting the "greats from finals" in.

Agreed.  I'm sure K&J judge who has potential based on the solos, then in TC find out how good the candidates are/can be at their style.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Regarding the preview of show group auditions, Neal McCoy is hilarious.  Kitty is full of herself.

Yep!  So Kitty said she is their technical coach.  I didn't know that.  Does this mean she is at rehearsals during training camp to help each one with their technique? Or only when the cheerleaders are told to go get extra help, which I assume the TCC have to pay for any extra classes, since Jasmine was so worried about where she would get the money.  

• Love 1