Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Honestly, it just seemed to me like they didn't want to bring Brianna into the office again, so they just picked someone else lol. While I think Alexandria will be an asset to the team as long as she's there in terms of professionalism and reliability, I'm not yet sold on her dancing based on the clips we've seen. She doesn't look bad, but I haven't seen anything to make her be a favorite.

Sometimes Alexandria looks great to me while dancing and others kind of stiff in the neck. But she does bring a maturity and professionalism to the table that I think makes a difference. She also seems to catch and retain choreography well. 

I've noticed that TCC Madeline seems to be connected to Sydney Durso and her clothing line now. Not sure how that happened (and I don't need to know), but if she really wants to be a DCC, she'd do well to get some serious training in with Sydney. And take some power classes. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

It's not a lie, it's an alternative fact!

Yeah there's not enough time to show Erica being announced because obviously that would have taken longer than Kashara's announcement. No reason to make reality tv if you don't want to actually show anything.

I think that's why people think it's becoming boring. It actually is. We see EXACTLY the same things each year, with less and less rockstars and we don't even remember the names of half the team. This year that they do have drama they chose not only to ignore it but make it worse.

Totally agree. This is a reality show about making a a real team. These aren't characters on a sitcom where producers don't need to worry about aligning story lines with real life. These are real teammates that are in the public eye and have fans. For 2 very popular ones to disappear and not be explained or addressed on said show that is ABOUT THE FREAKING TEAM is kind of bullshit. I agree with @hypeman, if they continue this deceiving editing and make no mention of the cuts, then this very well may be the beginning of the end for the show. A simple "it didn't work out" would suffice. Yes, people would still have questions and want to know the truth, but at least the show wouldn't be ignoring a major roster change.

I understand as Shelly mentioned that these are real people and some topics are not up for discussion in order to protect their privacy and/or the organization.  But this is a reality show that the organization chooses to put out in the public eye. If they're not willing to show everything, even if it's watered down, then maybe it's time for them to pull the plug on this show. It's all kind of a slap in the face to the fans. If we didn't watch the show there would be no show. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Totally agree. This is a reality show about making a a real team. These aren't characters on a sitcom where producers don't need to worry about aligning story lines with real life. These are real teammates that are in the public eye and have fans. For 2 very popular ones to disappear and not be explained or addressed on said show that is ABOUT THE FREAKING TEAM is kind of bullshit. I agree with @hypeman, if they continue this deceiving editing and make no mention of the cuts, then this very well may be the beginning of the end for the show. A simple "it didn't work out" would suffice. Yes, people would still have questions and want to know the truth, but at least the show wouldn't be ignoring a major roster change.

I understand as Shelly mentioned that these are real people and some topics are not up for discussion in order to protect their privacy and/or the organization.  But this is a reality show that the organization chooses to put out in the public eye. If they're not willing to show everything, even if it's watered down, then maybe it's time for them to pull the plug on this show. It's all kind of a slap in the face to the fans. If we didn't watch the show there would be no show. 

They might as well pull ALL reality shows then lol

• Love 2

Hi all

Long time reader, first time posting here. I really enjoy this forum. Some people's comments make me literally laugh out loud (in a good way).  Anyway, here is where I'm at.

After digesting comments regarding DCC, Erica, Holly, Jenna, yadda, yadda, yadda... (you get the drift), I'm mulling over the issues relating to how much the Cowboys organization really "owe" its fans... more specifically its DCC fans.

Mr. Jerry Jones himself proclaimed DCCs as a high-value public relations asset and good will representatives of the team. The acknowledgement was nice to hear as a fan and I'm sure it was appreciated by the TCCs.  That said, everyone within the organization is held to a very high standard because no one in the organization wants media trouble or more drama than absolutely necessary. It's a Football Club with cheerleaders on the sidelines... not a Cheerleading Squad with players in the background. DCC is a revenue center for sure but the Football Club is the cash cow. The mythology that has grown up around the Cowboys is too valuable a commodity to tamper with and no one is going to xxxx where they xxx (pardon my language).

I've never seen a copy of a DCC contract but my assumption has always been that it contains very clear morality clause language as well as expectations around public behavior regardless of whether in uniform or not because these women are local celebrities. Each girl who makes the team signs it. The smart girls take it very seriously and uphold their part of the bargain.

As for Ms Powell, I'm actually sad for her because she just doesn't seem to realize what she's lost. Her own words on her new personal Twitter account pretty much characterize her as an extremely passive-aggressive person. "A little girl seeks revenge. A real woman moves on while karma does her dirty work (insert toilet emoji)". Her ego outgrew her britches, she screwed up, and is too immature to accept the consequences and get on with her private life.  Why?  IMHO, because she is malignantly narcissistic as to believe that all eyes are still on her.  Imagine 36+/- cheerleaders all thinking that way... it just can't be allowed to happen.  Holly is being set out as example that no one person, no matter how powerful a performer she happens to be, is so important to DCC that her bad behavior (in violation of a valid contract) will be accepted.

The exact circumstances pertaining to E, H, and J (or anyone else) may never be fully divulged due to confidentiality agreements. People will believe what they want to but the Cowboys organization doesn't owe its adoring public the down-and-dirty details of these misadventures. The season is starting and this melodrama will not be allowed to overshadow the main attraction.

• Love 6

I still believe that they will adresss the Holly situation, though I'm sure in the most slanted way possible. They're not shying away from showing or mentioning Holly at all. As for Erica, I think they just plan to pretend like she was never in training camp, similar to the girl in season 7 who got in legal trouble. 

I will just say though that the team has to take the good with the bad. They chose to put the team out there on a so-called reality tv show for a decade. They also choose to have a very active presence on social media.  Can't complain when people notice obvious consistencies and the team gets called out on a very obvious and poor edit job to hide what really happened. 

• Love 10

The show is only into the second week of training camp.  I watched the episode about 6 times. They did call out Ericas name clear as day,  just didn't show her and showed Kashara which is odd but during this episode, they showed Erica sitting with the girls several times, like 4 or 5 times I saw her. They showed Holly also. So there was no reason to mention anything about two girls leaving because they had not left yet! I don't know when Erica was injured but I do remember Kelly posted pics of Erica in the group leader pics on Insta and there were many pics of Erica when they went to HOF -   I think Holly leaving will be addressed on the show, she is too visible this season already and she is well known.  I hope Erica is well and I am going to miss her on the team. And I do hope they address the reasons E and H are not on the team today but if they don't I will still be a fan and will still watch the Cowboys play. DCC has lost star vets for decades and there will be more. My only request of anyone who actually could relay the input,  Is  to tell K and J or WHOEVER, please please go back to having a different pre-game routine before each game. 2009 and 2010 had so many great performances that were all different.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

It's not a lie, it's an alternative fact!

Yeah there's not enough time to show Erica being announced because obviously that would have taken longer than Kashara's announcement. No reason to make reality tv if you don't want to actually show anything.

I think that's why people think it's becoming boring. It actually is. We see EXACTLY the same things each year, with less and less rockstars and we don't even remember the names of half the team. This year that they do have drama they chose not only to ignore it but make it worse.

Amen!

I particularly agree with your 2nd paragraph. When I first saw they had extended the season this year, I was so happy!  I thought, "Finally, we get to be more invested in the girls again," because I'd assumed the reason I couldn't remember half or more of the girls from seasons 9-11 was that the show had been shortened, plus a dearth of real beauties like the squads had in the early seasons (lookin' at YOU, Kelsi Reich!). Around the time they began hiding the girls' last names, it began getting less interesting.

But you hit it on the head: even after adding episodes, it's STILL too generic, they're unwilling to show drama like vets leaving (like the weird blonde whats-her-name that didn't show up for practice that night). They cut the swimsuit calendar stuff, a lot of the Jay boot camp stuff, and cool special performances, and brought in a LOT of Rycroft to fill in the void.  (Don't miss her at all this season.)

Personally, I'd much rather see a returning all star girl critique the newbies each week. So You Think You Can Dance figured out that after 10 seasons, fans have past all stars we'd love to see again. MTT needs to do something like that.

• Love 4

I personally do not want to see another swimsuit calendar shoot episode after the Season 7 one. I still am trying to understand why they pretend the shoot happens after the new squad is announced. The girls going on and on about how they never thought they would be doing a DCC calendar shoot, the dreaded runway show with the girls almost showing their cash and prizes, and lets not forget Kelli and Judy freaking out because of the *gasp* problems during the runway show. No thank you.

Edited by bigskygirl
8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I personally do not want to see another swimsuit calendar shoot episode after the Season 7 one. I still am trying to understand why they pretend the shoot happens after the new squad is announced. The girls going on and on about how they never thought they would be doing a DCC calendar shoot, the dreaded runway show with the girls almost showing their cash and prizes, and lets not forget Kelli and Judy freaking out because of the *gasp* problems during the runway show. No thank you.

I wouldn't mind seeing a feature now that they didn't do it last year (and hopefully not in the future). Bimini is way more luxurious than Mexico as well so as long as they had a different approach than last time I'd dig it.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Nah...the silly fashion show I don't care about.  But I never noticed that the point was to make it appear as though it happened after final squad announcement. I sorta assumed that was the reason why no rookies could go, while you had to be a major screw up as a vet in order to be released.  But back when Schram and Mackenzie Lee were on the squad, it was cute. (ANY fashion show they do is silly, but I liked how they performed for the guests at the resort.)  And were all those special performances back in earlier seasons all PREGAME shows?  And they only do the SAME ONE now, over and over?  No more Susan B Komen shows, Christmas shows, nothing?

1 minute ago, nancy444 said:

Nah...the silly fashion show I don't care about.  But I never noticed that the point was to make it appear as though it happened after final squad announcement. I sorta assumed that was the reason why no rookies could go, while you had to be a major screw up as a vet in order to be released.  But back when Schram and Mackenzie Lee were on the squad, it was cute. (ANY fashion show they do is silly, but I liked how they performed for the guests at the resort.)  And were all those special performances back in earlier seasons all PREGAME shows?  And they only do the SAME ONE now, over and over?  No more Susan B Komen shows, Christmas shows, nothing?

They still do all of those, they just don't show it on the show. The special performances are halftime.

6 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

sorry but the lack of addressing the disappearance of 2 well-known vets is a bit lame... yawn.  I think i'll skip the rest of the season.  I'm curious is ratings took a hit ....

Since the 2 vets didn't disappear until much later in training camp, it wouldn't make sense for MTT to be addressing it now.

As for the GL situation, I'm going to wait & see how they handle Erica as episodes progress. It's possible that they've had to re-edit a bunch of them to make room for the late drama, and just inserted KaShara early so as to not have to explain footage with her as GL. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, AshMarie83 said:

I found a roster for the 2017-2018 season and Jenna, Erica, and Holly are all listed as returning veterans. 

IMG_0988.PNG

Savannah's last name is really Heineken?   Like the beer? 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

Since the 2 vets didn't disappear until much later in training camp, it wouldn't make sense for MTT to be addressing it now.

As for the GL situation, I'm going to wait & see how they handle Erica as episodes progress. It's possible that they've had to re-edit a bunch of them to make room for the late drama, and just inserted KaShara early so as to not have to explain footage with her as GL. 

I don't think Erica's disappearance is going to be discussed at all.  I'm not omniscient, but why not announce her as GL now, and show Kashara's promotion to GL then.  One plausible reason not to, is that it lays the groundwork to just ignore Erica's disappearance in the future.

I bet my left foot that the previous episodes were already past post-production by the time she left and/or didn't feature her prominently (or by name).  This is probably the only rewriting of history we were able to catch, cuz they really bungled it.

• Love 7

After watching this weeks episode:

-Miranda has grown on me.  She seems very mature.

-Brianna annoys me.  She definitely doesn't seem mature and comes off as too young for this squad.  I think she should come back when she is a little older, in like another 2 to 3 years.  

-Molly's look seems off to me, it doesn't say "DCC."  Maybe as the season progresses it will change!

-I thought Erin was pretty in many of her instagram photos, but on the show she looks old to me.  Maybe it is her makeup.  

-I think Savanna looks great with more red in her hair for her makeover.

I like when they bring in new choreographers.  That guy kinda looked like a crack head! LOL I don't know too much of him.  But I bet he is great choreographer.  I didn't think the whole "spicy" floor routine with Kitty was that entertaining though.  I would of rather seen Kitty critique actual dances that the TCC have to learn.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, AshMarie83 said:

I found a roster for the 2017-2018 season and Jenna, Erica, and Holly are all listed as returning veterans. 

IMG_0988.PNG

Probably included back when their presence was still up in the air. They're obviously gone. 

14 minutes ago, Annmarie1111 said:

Hi All!

I'm from the Chicago area and curious if anyone who lives in the Dallas area hears any "gossip" about the Erica, Holly, Jenna situation?

Only thing we've heard is the same as everyone else. Jenna and Holly drinking with players (Holly being underaged) and Erica is still a toss up, but guesses are something they couldn't legally addresses because she was edited out of the group leader segment. 

• Love 1

looking for the answers to some long time DCC secrets....

1) Anybody know when did the first DCC start doing the jump split - since Judy said it wasn't in the 1980s ?

2) for those in training camp and NEVER has done the jump split - how do they teach it so quickly, if the earlier experiences (i.e. college/other pro teams/specialized training and/or gymnastics) don't ?

3) anybody remember the name of Kelli's assistant? For 12 years she has taken the TCC to the office and I don't recall a segment or a nice back story about her? It would be nice if they would give her a little time in the camera like they did with Phil. Was she too a former TCC/DCC ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, nancy444 said:

Amen!

I particularly agree with your 2nd paragraph. When I first saw they had extended the season this year, I was so happy!  I thought, "Finally, we get to be more invested in the girls again," because I'd assumed the reason I couldn't remember half or more of the girls from seasons 9-11 was that the show had been shortened, plus a dearth of real beauties like the squads had in the early seasons (lookin' at YOU, Kelsi Reich!). Around the time they began hiding the girls' last names, it began getting less interesting.

But you hit it on the head: even after adding episodes, it's STILL too generic, they're unwilling to show drama like vets leaving (like the weird blonde whats-her-name that didn't show up for practice that night). They cut the swimsuit calendar stuff, a lot of the Jay boot camp stuff, and cool special performances, and brought in a LOT of Rycroft to fill in the void.  (Don't miss her at all this season.)

Personally, I'd much rather see a returning all star girl critique the newbies each week. So You Think You Can Dance figured out that after 10 seasons, fans have past all stars we'd love to see again. MTT needs to do something like that.

This! I think the DCC standard is to not fix something that isn't broken. That's why they don't change up their routines every year and their moves are kinda outdated (in the sense that they've been doing the same thing for years so other teams are now copying them-even if they aren't that good)... And the same thing happens on the show. Every year they say that this is the best rookie class they've ever had. The format is exactly the same with no surprises and we don't get to learn the girls or see how the vets are doing.

I'd love to see again a half time, the calendar shoot, some appearances, even roommates and girls hanging out-yes they weren't very natural as segments BUT it's something different and we get to see more of the girls.

6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I totally agree that the execution was awful, but I'd love to see the calendar shoot again-without the extra stuff. But K&J are always freaking out so we will have to deal with that :p

• Love 3

Obviously I know Erica is not on the squad anymore, but I do think it is true that a lot of people don't know this while watching the show. I had to watch the episode on the internet a day later and probably wasn't paying that much attention (I was tired..), but I wouldn't have noticed that Erica wasn't made a group leader if it weren't for this board or my super weird obsession with this team. If you don't KNOW Kashara was Ericas second leader that scene is totally fine. And I'm guessing a lot of people really didn't know. I watch a ton of shows and don't really know or care about any behind the scenes stuff and that's probably true for a lot of people. Maybe after watching the episode some people look on the internet and realize that Erica was supposed to be group leader, but most viewers aren't as invested as we are... that being said, yes, it is weird that they totally changed that scene.

and I am super nosey and want to know the whole truth about Jenna, Holly and Erica and it is really going to bug me for a while that we probably will never know the whole truth, but there's nothing we can really do about that unless someone spills the beans and I'm guessing that's not going to happen. The speculating is super fun though! 

Didnt Shelly say that all the theories she had read so far are wrong?  

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Preity said:

If you don't KNOW Kashara was Ericas second leader that scene is totally fine.

I disagree. I knew Erica was going to be leaving at some point, but I didn't know going into this episode that she had been a group leader. I still thought that scene seemed to be very oddly edited because KaShara is a third year veteran and they didn't even show her reaction to supposedly being made a group leader even though they spent several minutes on Jinelle being made one after five years. While not unheard of, being made a group leader after only three years is way more rare so you'd think that there would have been some reaction from KaShara, if it had actual happened the way it was edited to look. That combined with the fact that Erica was just gone(outside of a split second shot when she was next to Jenna when she was announced GL) definitely raised eyebrows for me.

• Love 3

I'm starting to wonder what the point of watching the show actually is, if they aren't showing things as they really are. The group leader manipulation takes the show into the realm of fiction. (Obvs "reality tv" is like that... but I was thinking MTT was more docu-drama, not outright made up cover ups). Which makes it just a formula - same storyline, same lines, (I mean - Kelli-ism bingo!) every single year - just different girls. I've seen it all before. Boring. 

I've purchased this season on iTunes, so I'll watch the rest hoping that we'll see some of the real drama unfold... but if none of the actual drama can be screened, I think I'll switch off after this one.

I'm not mad... just growing indifferent. I'm obviously not in their target market...?

Edited by Pinknblue
  • Love 17

I'm really annoyed by this week's episode... I found it REALLY boring... and frustrating, because now I realized they probably won't show what happened with Erica. Like seriously, having them say Erica and show Kashara?? That's the best they could do? If they really wanted to hide it, they could have done a voiceover saying KaShara. I'm also wondering what the point is, like why am I so invested if they aren't going to show what happened. I'm hoping the next couple of episodes get better. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Preity said:

Obviously I know Erica is not on the squad anymore, but I do think it is true that a lot of people don't know this while watching the show. I had to watch the episode on the internet a day later and probably wasn't paying that much attention (I was tired..), but I wouldn't have noticed that Erica wasn't made a group leader if it weren't for this board or my super weird obsession with this team. If you don't KNOW Kashara was Ericas second leader that scene is totally fine. And I'm guessing a lot of people really didn't know. I watch a ton of shows and don't really know or care about any behind the scenes stuff and that's probably true for a lot of people. Maybe after watching the episode some people look on the internet and realize that Erica was supposed to be group leader, but most viewers aren't as invested as we are... that being said, yes, it is weird that they totally changed that scene.

and I am super nosey and want to know the whole truth about Jenna, Holly and Erica and it is really going to bug me for a while that we probably will never know the whole truth, but there's nothing we can really do about that unless someone spills the beans and I'm guessing that's not going to happen. The speculating is super fun though! 

Didnt Shelly say that all the theories she had read so far are wrong?  

The opinions/guesses on this board has been underage drinking, partying-alcohol/drugs, partying/dating with players, weight, family/friend emergency, new job, health, burnout, & upset about not being a GL.  The only other thing that hasn't been mentioned is dating another cheerleader.  Holly was the superstar on the team & was taking the team onward & upward.  I feel the team is now flat with no superstar dancing.  Holly did add extra sparkle & the others strived to keep up.  That sparkle did make the team have a new energy.  

Edited by Jazzmom
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Jazzmom said:

The opinions/guesses on this board has been underage drinking, partying-alcohol/drugs, partying/dating with players, weight, family/friend emergency, new job, health & burnout.  The only other thing that hasn't been mentioned is dating another cheerleader.  Holly was the superstar on the team & was taking the team onward & upward.  I feel the team is now flat with no superstar dancing.  Holly did add extra sparkle & the others strived to keep up.  That sparkle did make the team have a new energy.  

Huh? If the DCC cannot date anyone in the Cowboys organization?

1 minute ago, sATL said:

Huh? If the DCC cannot date anyone in the Cowboys organization?

That's true.  I just meant that the gamut has been covered with our guessing why & that was not mentioned.  

A lot of people are jumping on the "CMT intentionally bungled the GL announcement" bandwagon and, yes it was annoying to see that in the episode, but there are other explanations that people seem to be forgetting.  Maybe Erica asked not to be shown so much this season and, when she left (for whatever reason), she asked that it not be shown or gave them legal papers saying that she wasn't to be shown/highlighted/named in any way? If that's the case,especially if they were already editing the show, it could be that the change, while awkward, was a relatively minor one and fairly easy to do.  It could also be that someone in the editing room DIDN'T know who Erica was and thought that KaShara was Erica.  Maybe they accidentally deleted the footage of Erica's announcement or the footage got corrupted and they couldn't reshoot it by the time the show got to the editing phase.  Who knows?

We don't know the real reason behind the editing, we're not GOING to know (due to privacy and legal reasons) and to get upset at bad editing in one scene when we don't know the reason behind it AND we know the show is heavily scripted and edited seems to be rather . . . .and I'll leave it there since I don't want to insult anyone, even unintenionally.  It's been mentioned numerous times that there's hours of footage that can't/won't be used on the show so why get SO upset.  I know Erica's well liked by a lot of people, but I tend to think she would have already announced WHY she left if she was going to and, while someone might already have asked (or will ask) why she left the DCC , it won't be by me since I'm a complete stranger to her and think that it would be kind of creepy to be asked for an explanation about a very personal decision by a complete stranger, especially on the Internet.

YMMV.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

A lot of people are jumping on the "CMT intentionally bungled the GL announcement" bandwagon and, yes it was annoying to see that in the episode, but there are other explanations that people seem to be forgetting.  Maybe Erica asked not to be shown so much this season and, when she left (for whatever reason), she asked that it not be shown or gave them legal papers saying that she wasn't to be shown/highlighted/named in any way? If that's the case,especially if they were already editing the show, it could be that the change, while awkward, was a relatively minor one and fairly easy to do.  It could also be that someone in the editing room DIDN'T know who Erica was and thought that KaShara was Erica.  Maybe they accidentally deleted the footage of Erica's announcement or the footage got corrupted and they couldn't reshoot it by the time the show got to the editing phase.  Who knows?

We don't know the real reason behind the editing, we're not GOING to know (due to privacy and legal reasons) and to get upset at bad editing in one scene when we don't know the reason behind it AND we know the show is heavily scripted and edited seems to be rather . . . .and I'll leave it there since I don't want to insult anyone, even unintenionally.  It's been mentioned numerous times that there's hours of footage that can't/won't be used on the show so why get SO upset.  I know Erica's well liked by a lot of people, but I tend to think she would have already announced WHY she left if she was going to and, while someone might already have asked (or will ask) why she left the DCC , it won't be by me since I'm a complete stranger to her and think that it would be kind of creepy to be asked for an explanation about a very personal decision by a complete stranger, especially on the Internet.

YMMV.

I want to say only the Shadow knows but most people on this site are probably too young to catch that reference? I like what you said!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, AshMarie83 said:

IMG_0988.PNG

I'm not sure that either the Cowboys organization or CMT are responsible for the Wikipedia entry or its editing. I did see a notation which calls into question its validity, the notation appears as follows:

"This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages). This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2012). This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012)."

Assuming (which I hate to do) that it is a third party, they don't have any more/less information than do the general public at this point.  If it is the Cowboys or CMT maintaining the entry, of course it is going to include everyone listed.  They are smart enough not to slip up and give away more or different information on a Wiki than has been revealed on the show :)

• Love 1
11 hours ago, sATL said:

looking for the answers to some long time DCC secrets....

1) Anybody know when did the first DCC start doing the jump split - since Judy said it wasn't in the 1980s ?

2) for those in training camp and NEVER has done the jump split - how do they teach it so quickly, if the earlier experiences (i.e. college/other pro teams/specialized training and/or gymnastics) don't ?

3) anybody remember the name of Kelli's assistant? For 12 years she has taken the TCC to the office and I don't recall a segment or a nice back story about her? It would be nice if they would give her a little time in the camera like they did with Phil. Was she too a former TCC/DCC ?

#3 They did a back story last year?  She had breast cancer and was wearing a wig and I think people might have asked about her.  I believe when the show first started there was a blonde woman who called people in.

10 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

#3 They did a back story last year?  She had breast cancer and was wearing a wig and I think people might have asked about her.  I believe when the show first started there was a blonde woman who called people in.

Cheryl Dorris

http://www.5pointsblue.com/in-the-fight-through-people-like-luke-wade-and-cheryl-dorris-breast-cancer-awareness-month-takes-on-a-deeper-meaning-for-the-dallas-cowboys/

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Found her first and last name and an article partially mentioning her
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

YMMV.

Every other time they've announced GL they always announced the 2nds as well.  When the announcement was made I remember being shocked that Robin was made a 2nd and not Holly.  (I love Robin BTW and was very happy).  They simply re-edited the segment to match the current situation, not as it really happened.  It's not a crime.  No one died.  We will all move on--eventually.

However, the decision to go back and edit differently was an intentional decision.  I am not expecting to see every detail of the DCC organization presented fully without filter.  I'd like to know all the details, but it's not my right--I get it.

Maybe this was the lesser evil or the choices provided.  We will probably not know that for a while.

I'm just super perplexed why the options of saying Erica left "for reasons all concerned parties have chosen to keep internal,'" or just not address it at all, were inferior to trying to pull a fast one.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think SI set a standard for swimsuit-related photo shoots so for DCC to do it over and over again each season is b-o-r-i-n-g. Personally, I enjoy the make-over episodes more. Sadly, they minimized it this year.... leaving me a bit disappointed. I'm neutral about the fashion shows themselves but I really think they point out a different side of the TCCs ability to "rise to the occasion" and show off.  That is an important PR skill.

On 9/1/2017 at 7:00 AM, mmm said:

I saw this on Twitter they might be doing a W formation now rather than a rectangle , the last time they did was in 2010 when K & J didn't know who to pick to be the point between Crystal and Whitney. That year crystal was the point at the beginning then they switched to this formation later in the season. I think this might be what's happening right now , I think this a little better i love Kshara as all hell but i think Jenna is a far superior dancer and it shows when they stand next to each other , I think jenna should be the point !!

Omg, I said the same thing it is weird to see Kashara as the point person. Kashara cannot hold a candle to Jenna. When you watch Kashara dance next Jenna your eyes still go to Jenna. I feel really bad that this is what they did to Jenna due to the incident that happened with her and Holly.  Kashara does have the same pop that Jenna has to lead the team.   

• Love 4

I'm also indifferent to the powers-that-be editing Erica's group leader announcement out of the show, but it just doesn't sit right with me to announce her as a GL on social media and then not address it at all on the show.  I do hope her departure is addressed sometime on the show, especially since she was featured during solos.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

The only other thing that hasn't been mentioned is dating another cheerleader.

Plot twist: Jenna found out Erica and Holly are secretly dating, and told Kelli and Judy to get them off the team! (This is absolutely a lie I just strung together, but has there been any reports of any cheerleaders dating within their own teams/ girls on other pro teams?) 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, hypeman said:

Every other time they've announced GL they always announced the 2nds as well.  When the announcement was made I remember being shocked that Robin was made a 2nd and not Holly.  (I love Robin BTW and was very happy).  They simply re-edited the segment to match the current situation, not as it really happened.  It's not a crime.  No one died.  We will all move on--eventually.

However, the decision to go back and edit differently was an intentional decision.  I am not expecting to see every detail of the DCC organization presented fully without filter.  I'd like to know all the details, but it's not my right--I get it.

Maybe this was the lesser evil or the choices provided.  We will probably not know that for a while.

I'm just super perplexed why the options of saying Erica left "for reasons all concerned parties have chosen to keep internal,'" or just not address it at all, were inferior to trying to pull a fast one.

My guess -- because it makes them look dumb. Putting someone in a leadership position who either totally screws up or who up and walks away  makes K&J look like they don't know what they are doing. It will be the same with Jenna. They will never say "We thought these girls were the best of the best, we were wrong".

• Love 4

I just saw a Insta story so that's the only reason I'm bringing this back up, but did we ever get any closure on little heather / Heather H on why she was cut? I know the show alluded to Raylee not performing up to the standard to which a vet should. Allie looked a little heavy in her solo, but what about Heather? If mousey was why, she would not have made it last year, right? I mean can you reallly change mousey? Weight yes. Power and technique yes. Kicks yes. But that?

Im just annoyed that they used her as a promo girl on the countdown for auditions and then cut her a week later when finals rolls around.

• Love 1

If they're cutting people because they find their voice and teeth distracting (the same teeth and voice they had when they made the team in the first place) thats one explanation for why the team is so weak this year. I don't doubt it though.

• Love 3