Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, LaurelleJ said:

Can you imagine an Erica/Jenna/holly triangle? That would have been amazing and the three musketeers would have ruled the squad. 

I think that's what they were originally all gunning for. That would have been my dream triangle lol

14 hours ago, kalibean said:

Erica with the real facts about the distance between The Star and the stadium and how it's you know, a bit of a drive ?? Understatement of the year!!

I get the impression this was filmed quite a bit ago, maybe early summer? I'll admit I only watched the first half tho. 

Of all the things she had to say about the differences, she chose to include that? A complaint about the drive? SMH. 

I wonder how she feels about that drive now, lol. 

#getoveryourself #ungratefuldiva

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Java said:

Of all the things she had to say about the differences, she chose to include that? A complaint about the drive? SMH. 

Actually it is ok to think you commute for your minimum wage slave job sucks, especially if you have options.

• Love 3

I thought it was cool of Erica to say that, rather than say something negative about the place itself, like the people can watch me do sexy hips, saying getting there is challenging. It takes forever to get there, but once I'm there oooh aaahhh ooohhh. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

She's not weak, just not as good as the two brunettes.  If those are who they consider "their top 3", don't you think they'd put the blonde in the front to balance it out?  Just like if their top 3 was two blondes and a brunette, I think the brunette would have the advantage. 

IMO Lacey is a much better dancer than Kashara, and Jenna is a better performer (and I'm not just basing it on this one dance).  I think there are definitely reasons other than dance/performance ability that Kashara is point.  If it's not her look/hair color, is it that J&K like her better?

Am I way off w/ these opinions - like do some of us think Kashara is the best dancer/performer on the DCC?

But last year they had two brunettes and one blonde too, and Melissa wasn't point. I think at some point shelly said that they're also considering height and Kashara is a happy medium between Lacey and Jenna. When we first saw this triangle (with jenna at point) many of us said it looked unbalanced so maybe that's why Kashara "won".

1 hour ago, tajalexander said:

Although it will never happen, given that (I'll just put it in the atmosphere) Cersten is going to med school and this is her last year, I would love to see her as point one time. I think she's always strong but never in the center. 

YES! If they're going to rotate, Cersten deserves the position! If she decides to postpone med school for another year, I think she's definitely going to get point next year.

And I also think that if they're going to recreate the hip hop routine, she's going to be on Holly's spot.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Show Group

Showgroup.jpg

(in the video) I'm guessing Tasha...

Amy L wasn't in the original SG, correct? I guess this made her official with Holly gone and Erica out of the picture as well! Good for her - she is adorable and such an underrated performer. 

• Love 7
Just now, LaurenBrook said:

Amy L wasn't in the original SG, correct? I guess this made her official with Holly gone and Erica out of the picture as well! Good for her - she is adorable and such an underrated performer. 

Yeah, you're right!  I didn't notice her until you mentioned it...

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

Actually it is ok to think you commute for your minimum wage slave job sucks, especially if you have options.

Plus Shelly said that even those girls who live closer to the stadium have to go at Valley Ranch (now to the star) first and leave together aaand after a full, exhausting day go back and then go home so yeah I would 'complain' too.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Whose the blond between Maddie and Anthony Ramos?

6 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Why are they wearing different color practice wear? I thought once they became a team they all wore the same color (blue).

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Java said:

The drive is awful..... I used to live in Dallas and the drive from Arlington, where the stadium is located, and Frisco, where The Star is now located, is a nightmare. 

Thst being said, it should only be an issue on game day, and they ride a bus! Unless there are other times they go back and forth between AT&T and the Star. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Java said:

LOLOLOL!!!  EXACTLY what I thought!!!

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Why are they wearing different color practice wear? I thought once they became a team they all wore the same color (blue).

This was before the team was announced

46 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Plus Shelly said that even those girls who live closer to the stadium have to go at Valley Ranch (now to the star) first and leave together aaand after a full, exhausting day go back and then go home so yeah I would 'complain' too.

So would I...hell I complain about MY commute all the time, but not in a public forum like that.  I don't think my firm would be thrilled if they put out a video of "what do I like best about my job" and my reply was to bitch about my commute.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed as far as Jenna and Kashara. Jenna was originally at point and took herself out of that position by whatever she did to get in trouble. I'm not sure why Kashara got point over Lacey especially since Lacey is more senior. It may well have been due to hair color, but I don't think it's unreasonable for Kashara to be point over Lacey. Similar to my views on Jenna and Kashara, I think Lacey is a better dancer, but she's not that much better IMO. I would say still put Kashara in the top 5 dancers who remain on the team.

With that said, I do think hair color is the reason why Melissa was in the triangle over Erica last year. Melissa is an amazing technical dancer, but I never thought she stood out that much as a DCC over others, though she was certainly good.

They've had several girls at point who aren't blonde, so I don't think KaShara's blonde hair was a factor. From several comments here, many thought that Lacey's more lyrical style might be the reason she wasn't given point - I don't have an opinion as I haven't seen Lacey dance solo enough to know.

I appreciate your viewpoint on Melissa, though I must disagree. Melissa was called out twice for being one of the most powerful and skilled dancers in DCC history, even being likened to Everett Smith in talent.  She earned her triangle spot in spite of being blonde. It wasn't a seniority issue either, as she and Lacey were rookies together. 

Of course, Kelli and Judy know and see much more than us about the talents and power of the girls. Considering Kelli's dedication to having the best squad possible, I don't believe she'd put anyone at point or in the triangle who wouldn't do it justice.

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 2

Squad photo happening, should we take a pause on "Who's on Point" (pun intended) topic and switch to "Who's in Front"? Obviously senior vets, but they have so many second year vets I wonder how they're going to be placed. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
18 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

May be subject to change 

IMG_2106.PNG

Looks like just the vets so far. Is that Tasha in front? Jinelle should be in front 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Java said:

I would think the drive could be a huge deal to some people -- it is to me. Dallas traffic is no joke, and if you're adding an hour or so to your commute to and from rehearsal and games, that really affects your quality of life. I also think the location of the Star could discourage some girls from auditioning in the future.

• Love 2

I remember in previous seasons when they show the final squad photo on the show that Kelli has mentioned that many times the squad photo has to have the right look hair color wise, so placement may not be seniority.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

This photo was Aug 9 and posted Aug 10.  Was the team named by then??  Anthony Ramos was in that dance??  Wow I missed that!

4 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

I just found it unprofessional for an employee.

You don't complain about your inconvenience in working for the company during a promotional video *for* the company.

I mean really? Of all the things she could say and that was the best she could come up with? 

If you don't like the drive for the minimum wage slave job you audition for year after year, you don't have to be on the team.

Oh...wait....

• Love 8

100 % in agreement with you.  I live in NJ - just outside of NYC - we all have traffic.  You just deal with it, it's part of life unless you live in an extremely rural area. No one likes it.  To complain about it on a promotional video is just very unprofessional.   Was that video released by the DCC? If so I wonder why they would release something showing any type of negativity- surely they could have edited it out?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, autumdusk said:

Haha, let's be serious, it's all you need. Honestly, I can tell that Lacey got a nose job but who cares. They did an amazing job and it really complements her face. She's a total glamazon and would also be a great point and spokesperson. She's quite articulate and has a very grounded and calming energy - all attributes Jen K has! Even though I was never a die-hard Jen K fan, I can't deny she was a great unofficial captain. 

I agree with you about Lacey. Of course she got a nose job!  Her nose looks completely different.  Having said that I think her new nose looks AMAZING!  It gives her face a softer more feminine look.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Java said:

I just found it unprofessional for an employee.

You don't complain about your inconvenience in working for the company during a promotional video *for* the company.

I mean really? Of all the things she could say and that was the best she could come up with? 

If you don't like the drive for the minimum wage slave job you audition for year after year, you don't have to be on the team.

Oh...wait....

giphy.gif

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, njcate said:

100 % in agreement with you.  I live in NJ - just outside of NYC - we all have traffic.  You just deal with it, it's part of life unless you live in an extremely rural area. No one likes it.  To complain about it on a promotional video is just very unprofessional.   Was that video released by the DCC? If so I wonder why they would release something showing any type of negativity- surely they could have edited it out?

I just have to add @njcate traffic is NYC/NJ is insane. I can imagine it is bad is the Dallas area but I am so glad I do not have to drive up there any more;) I wonder if she said it without thinking and wished later that they had edited it out.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

I just have to add @njcate traffic is NYC/NJ is insane. I can imagine it is bad is the Dallas area but I am so glad I do not have to drive up there any more;) I wonder if she said it without thinking and wished later that they had edited it out.

Dallas traffic is crazy. I have to go there for work or for six flags ? It is always under construction which makes it even worse. I drove past my exit 6 times before I realized that the exit was some back alley do to construction. There is no good way to get around. I can't imagine how the girls that work make it to practice on time.

• Love 1

OK now that this board has decided to cooperate (editing issues) who is that behind Jenna's feet? Side note....Jenna's in trouble and she gets that front position??

Edited by DCCFanInKy
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, njcate said:

Is it Lacey ?

It depends on what part of Jenna's feet/legs are being talked about.  It looks to me like Jenna & Jinelle lying down and Lacey on her knees between them, then left to right Maggie, Bess, KaShara.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

It depends on what part of Jenna's feet/legs are being talked about.  It looks to me like Jenna & Jinelle lying down and Lacey on her knees between them, then left to right Maggie, Bess, KaShara.

I think it might be Lacey behind the soles of Jenna's boots

5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

The drive is awful..... I used to live in Dallas and the drive from Arlington, where the stadium is located, and Frisco, where The Star is now located, is a nightmare. 

Thst being said, it should only be an issue on game day, and they ride a bus! Unless there are other times they go back and forth between AT&T and the Star. 

5 hours ago, ByTor said:

So would I...hell I complain about MY commute all the time, but not in a public forum like that.  I don't think my firm would be thrilled if they put out a video of "what do I like best about my job" and my reply was to bitch about my commute.

3 hours ago, DelilahBlue said:

I would think the drive could be a huge deal to some people -- it is to me. Dallas traffic is no joke, and if you're adding an hour or so to your commute to and from rehearsal and games, that really affects your quality of life. I also think the location of the Star could discourage some girls from auditioning in the future.

All of the traffic comments made me laugh! We all have so many different opinions. I didn't think Erica had a crappy attitude in the video, and she very well might have been prompted by the producer who was filming ie "How's the new facility working out? Is The Star far from where you live?"

If your employer decided to move your office 30 miles away in a large city (and all routes from Las Colinas/Valley Ranch to The Star require a toll road) you'd probably react a bit too.  Especially if you signed a lease/bought a house near your place of employment. That's their main practice facility and traffic to get there from south, east or west SUPER sucks. It's probably not fun for Shelly, Kelli or Judy either.

Sure, wouldn't quit your job over it, but it kind of stinks. Valley Ranch was pretty centrally located for any of the girls living in uptown, Addison area, SMU, TCU, etc. Straight shot from UNT as well.

Las Colinas and the mid cities are the most reasonable for rent too, so I'm really curious how that worked out this summer. Studios near The Star (at the Shops) were going for $1500/mo last I checked. Cheaper than most big cities, but still. Back in the day a lot of the girls lived in LC, especially during camp, but not sure how that rolls now. 

Either way to y'all's point...nothing she has to worry about anymore! 

• Love 4