Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I have to say that - while Holly wasn't my favorite DCC - I was surprised that I missed seeing her picture up there with the rest of the team!  She certainly stood out with her looks, her snazzy haircut and her style. I so wish whatever happened didn't. And I miss seeing Erica too. Hopefully we might see her next year if she's able.

• Love 6

I feel like if this was really about an injury with Erica, wouldn't she have been there tonight?

i mean it could have been about an injury, but if she was on good terms she would have been there. 

• Love 4

DHjiCEWVoAA4AZI.jpg:large

Alexandria, Alexis, Amy L., Cersten, Chantel, Christina, Elizabeth (Bess), Gina, Heather O.

Jenna, Jessika, Jinelle, Kalyssa, KaShara, Kelli, Kelsey, Keyra, Khalyn

Lacey, Lauren, Lexie, Madeline, Maggie, Milan, Miranda, Molly, Rachel

Robin, Savannah, Selina, Simone, Stephanie, Tara, Tasha, Tess, Yuko

I did pretty good I only couldnt figure out a few but I think this is right

Edited by grabalifevest
fixed names
  • Love 10
59 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Melissa was under contract with ABC after The Bachelor and DWTS.  She was a GMA correspondent as well as covered red carpets for Entertainment Tonight.  She also had a CMT reality show.  Not sure if she does anything besides DCC and raising her 4 kids but she made some decent money being an entertainment reporter.

I was talking about Jasmine -- someone mentioned her earlier as a "success" given that she was on the Bachelor.  

1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

Melissa was under contract with ABC after The Bachelor and DWTS.  She was a GMA correspondent as well as covered red carpets for Entertainment Tonight.  She also had a CMT reality show.  Not sure if she does anything besides DCC and raising her 4 kids but she made some decent money being an entertainment reporter.

I believe Melissa is currently working on a morning show that airs in various areas, the morning dose or something like that. 

22 minutes ago, grabalifevest said:

So I'm strugglin' today. I feel like I don't recognize most of the girls so I'm going to make a new post with the picture and add the names to it but I may need some help. 

I'm struggling with disconnect too. But DCC:MTT has just begun, so I hope I'll get to know the new girls better over the next 9 or 10 weeks.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, grabalifevest said:

Alexandria (R), Alexis (R), Amy L. (3rd Yr), Cersten (2nd Yr), Chantel (3rd Yr), Christina (R), Elizabeth (Bess) (3rd Yr), Gina (R), Heather O. (2nd Yr)

Jenna (6th Yr), Jessika (2nd Yr), Jinelle (5th Yr), Kalyssa (R), KaShara (3rd Yr), Kelli (2nd Yr), Kelsey (2nd Yr), Keyra (R), Khalyn (2nd Yr)

Lacey (4th Yr), Lauren (R), Lexie (R), Madeline (2nd Yr), Maggie (2nd Yr), Milan (2nd Yr), Miranda (R), Molly (R), Rachel (R)

Robin (3rd Yr), Savannah (R), Selina (2nd Yr), Simone (3rd Yr), Stephanie (3rd Yr), Tara (R), Tasha (2nd Yr), Tess (2nd Yr), Yuko (2nd Yr)

While grabalifevest was struggling to place the names (thanks for doing that!), I was trying to figure the Vet status!Are the years right? I get Tess and Bess mixed up all the time...  please help me out if I'm off!

ETA: Updated, thanks to grabalifevest!

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Tootie said:

x Alexis.jpg

x Gina.jpg

x Molly.jpg

Who is the gal with the blue top? It's cute. 

But mostly I just want to say that they need to crank up the AC in JerryWorld, because all three of these DCC look positively wilted. 

• Love 4

@lfedncr I'm not disagreeing with you I'm just curious -- if Allie wasn't cut for weight, what was it? I felt like her smile at the end when she was cut was either to mask tears (we've all been there), or because she knew something a little fishy had gone down and she wanted to laugh. 

Since you said you know some of the girls I'd appreciate any insights you have. Thanks! 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, gofightwin said:

@lfedncr I'm not disagreeing with you I'm just curious -- if Allie wasn't cut for weight, what was it? I felt like her smile at the end when she was cut was either to mask tears (we've all been there), or because she knew something a little fishy had gone down and she wanted to laugh. 

Since you said you know some of the girls I'd appreciate any insights you have. Thanks! 

She knew she was getting cut 

19 minutes ago, kalibean said:

But mostly I just want to say that they need to crank up the AC in JerryWorld, because all three of these DCC look positively wilted. 

19 minutes ago, kalibean said:

She is a dallas mavs dancer she was Alexis teammate last year 

1 hour ago, grabalifevest said:

Alexandria, Alexis, Amy L., Cersten, Chantel, Christina, Elizabeth (Bess), Gina, Heather O.

Jenna, Jessika, Jinelle, Kalyssa, KaShara, Kelli, Kelsey, Keyra, Khalyn

Lacey, Lauren, Lexie, Madeline, Maggie, Milan, Miranda, *, *

Robin, Savannah, Selina, Simone, Stephanie, Tara, Tasha, Tess, Yuko

I did pretty good I only couldnt figure out a few but I think this is right

I can't tell Rachel and Molly apart (Is molly on the left since its alphabetical?)

Yes molly is on the left 

• Love 1

Christina's hair in that cameo pic sucks. It looks so much better with the curls she has for her social media profiles. 

Edited by Java
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Why do all Kalyssa's clothes say "werk"? Episode 2 it was a jacket, then ep 3 is was a tank AND a duffle bag lol

It is a dance studio in OK. It looks like it's focus is on audition prep. This is the "about" on facebook.

WERK offers WERKshops customized for Pro, Collegiate and High School dancers preparing for auditions as well as a fun dance class, WE WERK OKC, for all levels.

All of our WERK Pros are former NBA and Collegiate dancers who have experience as dancers for the Oklahoma City Thunder Girls, Indiana Pacemates, New Orleans/Oklahoma City Honeybees, Oklahoma State University (OSU) Pom, University of Oklahoma (OU) Pom and the University of Central Oklahoma (UCO) Pom. 

Our WERKshops give dancers an insiders view of the overall prep needed for any audition. This includes but is not limited to various styles of choreography, technique, head shots, hair and makeup, professionalism, social media etiquette as well as health and fitness. WERKshops will enable you to develop the skills and abilities to be a well-rounded, prepared candidate. 

Each dancer will be equipped with the proper tools to audition with confidence for any professional or collegiate dance team. 

If you are ready to become an ambassador for a professional or collegiate organization, come build your skills with our WERK Pros. 

WERK Pros are also available the following services:
Private lessons 
Solo choreography 
Team choreography 
Private WERKshops for groups 
Judging professional, all-star, college and high school dance try-outs

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, grabalifevest said:

It is a dance studio in OK. It looks like it's focus is on audition prep. This is the "about" on facebook.

Speaking about audition prep - this came up in the other thread . I wonder if some of the TCCs,  hire an interview coach, to fine-tune or develop interview skills. They may be of help in answering difficult questions - to keep from saying "I don't know" . or a flat " no" , to a question where a "no" could be a deal breaker.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Kashara point, Lacey to the left and Jenna to the right, Robin behind Kashara.

I'm so glad Kashara got to keep her spot! Then again I don't think Jenna is going to retire without getting point and probowl.

7 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

I feel like if this was really about an injury with Erica, wouldn't she have been there tonight?

i mean it could have been about an injury, but if she was on good terms she would have been there. 

And she hasn't a single mention of the dcc on social media. She doesn't owe us an explanation, but if it was amicable I would expect her to write a supportive message and say how much she misses performing with all of them.

• Love 6

I am so very happy for Christina! How many times did she try out? I don't know why they gave her a shot and not Amy.....hmmmmm. May be it was style but Amy went onto the Golden State Warriors and they won the NBA championship. But back to Christina..so very thrilled for her. I don't like her cameo picture but definitely happy for her. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, BeautyB said:

I am so very happy for Christina! How many times did she try out? I don't know why they gave her a shot and not Amy.....hmmmmm. May be it was style but Amy went onto the Golden State Warriors and they won the NBA championship. But back to Christina..so very thrilled for her. I don't like her cameo picture but definitely happy for her. 

This was her fifth time. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

Rookies

IMG_2083.PNG

Once we get to know the Rookies, we'll have to start figuring out who the one hit wonders are (those who will retire after 1 year), and which are the most likely 1 year then cut girls.  Hope that doesn't sound mean...

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

Once we get to know the Rookies, we'll have to start figuring out who the one hit wonders are (those who will retire after 1 year), and which are the most likely 1 year then cut girls.  Hope that doesn't sound mean...

The majority of the girls have cheered on pro-teams so I think they have the potential to all come back again, Christina may be a toss up since we know her kicks sucks.

Just now, DCCFanInKy said:

Is it me or did they not change Rookie Lauren's look ONE BIT from her audition look?

She is a stunning girl, but her hair needs to be toned down.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Is it me or did they not change Rookie Lauren's look ONE BIT from her audition look?

I think they changed the blonde a bit and the curls are somehow...bigger? But I honestly can't picture her with anything else.

soo... they didn't turn anyone red this year?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KatebytheSea said:

I literally thought the same thing. I definitely don't think they all will make it back.

1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Doesn't look like they did. I don't think they do makeovers just for the sake of it. Perhaps they thought she really didn't need anything. 

• Love 2

You have to wonder if the stress of knowing what happened at finals with Holly, the pressure that it would be televised....might have driven her to let loose and drink.  Can't say I blame her.  20 years old, reality tv, all of dcc image is everything.  She might have just lost it.  I am sure K&J have very little sympathy.  The brand comes first.

50 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think threats Lauren's real hair. It's hard to tone down really thick hair.

Poor Lauren,  there are ways to wear thick, curly hair without looking like "Charlie's Angels called, they want their hairstyle back".  Chantel & Kyndall look great, for example.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Harrythecat said:

You have to wonder if the stress of knowing what happened at finals with Holly, the pressure that it would be televised....might have driven her to let loose and drink.  Can't say I blame her.  20 years old, reality tv, all of dcc image is everything.  She might have just lost it.  I am sure K&J have very little sympathy.  The brand comes first.

I think Kelli and Charlotte were a lot more forgiving than you might think.

If you believe what's been posted, this wasn't Holly's first beer. She's had issues with breaking rules since her rookie year, but back then she was a little more stealth about it. This past season it would seem she adopted a  "I'm the fan favorite and everyone loves me so IDGAF anymore" attitude about it. She not only told teammates about some of her off-field stuff, she was crazy enough to be seen in public doing things she shouldn't. 

Bless her heart she IS a great dancer and a charismatic performer, but she made some poor choices.  Maybe she did break under the stress with the last incident, and it's understandable if she did, but she apparently hasn't been a model DCC for quite awhile. 

You have to be more careful than the average 20yr when you're a DCC. 

• Love 13