Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Forgive me if this has been asked but I did not want to search the forum and see spoilers but why is my guide on my tv telling me there are  no new episodes and the one on Tuesday is from 2012?

5 minutes ago, Gyproselee said:

Forgive me if this has been asked but I did not want to search the forum and see spoilers but why is my guide on my tv telling me there are  no new episodes and the one on Tuesday is from 2012?

The new season starts on Thursday. 

43 minutes ago, Gyproselee said:

My guide is saying the same thing. I think it's just an error

On 7/28/2017 at 11:54 PM, RhiRhi said:

Yes they were there but it looks like they were excluded from some activities which makes no sense for your most senior vet and one of your strongest dancers.

After the latest rumours Holly and Jenna posted a video singing along to "I don't know what you heard about me....but I'm a mother f*&@$r p.i.m.p."

It's literally just a song. I don't think there was anything implied behind it. 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, TwopLurker said:

Is this the first time the show has started before the team has been announced?

Can't remember back in the first few season but I'd say yes in the recent years. The pattern usually seems to be that announcements were made mid-July-ish?

3 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

My guide is saying the same thing. I think it's just an error

I'm sure it is but it's so odd that they are premiering the season on the same night DCC vets will be dancing at the Hall of Fame game.  I know the audiences are probably different but it just is bizarre to me.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, SanLynn said:

I'm sure it is but it's so odd that they are premiering the season on the same night DCC vets will be dancing at the Hall of Fame game.  I know the audiences are probably different but it just is bizarre to me.

It is probably a scheduling issue. They are adding more episodes so they are probably adding it on the front end and launching the new season ahead of when other networks start their. They also are launching Kelly Pickler's new show right after it. It won't hurt them not having the team yet since this episode is probably covering the auditions. Actually it is brilliant having it the same time as the HOF game since people will be interested in the cheerleaders after watching and it may lead them to find the show.

(edited)

The lack of spoilers this season has really dwindled my enthusiasm for the show. I feel like I have no connection to the TCCs this season. No one I'm rooting for. The only one I really know is Christina. I'm hoping she fixed her flexibility issues and her kicks are up to par. Other than that, I can't tell you anything about any of the TCCs this season. The lockdown on info is ruining the fun. I looked forward to the new season each year by reading all the speculation on the boards. It's been pretty lackluster this season :(

And now they're not even announcing the team before the show airs. UGH!

Edited by SopranoKris
  • Love 16

Long time lurker but first time posting.  Did anyone notice on the DCC Twitter that Holly and Jenna weren't in the pictures in Canton, OH?  Can't wait for the season to start! 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Amk2017 said:

Long time lurker but first time posting.  Did anyone notice on the DCC Twitter that Holly and Jenna weren't in the pictures in Canton, OH?  Can't wait for the season to start! 

Maybe it wasn't just a song by the two of them??  Isn't this Holly's second offense with her not going on USO trip?

Has anyone seen Kelsey in the pictures? I didn't see her either, but I could have missed her. It seemed like all of the vets were supposed to go 

2 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

The lack of spoilers this season has really dwindled my enthusiasm for the show. I feel like I have no connection to the TCCs this season. No one I'm rooting for. The only one I really know is Christina. I'm hoping she fixed her flexibility issues and her kicks are up to par. Other than that, I can't tell you anything about any of the TCCs this season. The lockdown on info is ruining the fun. I looked forward to the new season each year by reading all the speculation on the boards. It's been pretty lackluster this season :(

I 100% agree with this. I can't remember being less excited about a new season than this year. Obviously, I'll still watch for sure but i feel like I know nothing about the rookie candidates.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Amk2017 said:

I noticed that too! And they were not in the field pic, that I could tell, when Kashara was at point, which had a hashtag or something more about the Hall of Fame engagement. 

Edited by Jazzmom
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Has anyone seen Kelsey in the pictures? I didn't see her either, but I could have missed her. It seemed like all of the vets were supposed to go 

I 100% agree with this. I can't remember being less excited about a new season than this year. Obviously, I'll still watch for sure but i feel like I know nothing about the rookie candidates.

Hopefully we will all feel differently once the show starts. But as for now, just nothing to connect to. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

I totally agree!!  I just don't feel the excitement I have had in the past without the connection to some of the TCC.  I am sure I will record the shows...but I don't see myself watching the evening the show airs like in all the years past.  Just not feeling it this year and that is disappointing to me because I really looked forward to reading the board and learning who every was and then watching the show...there was more of an investment in the TCC....not this year......:(

• Love 7

I keep hoping the Season 12 "season pass" will show up soon on iTunes so that I can buy it, but no luck so far.  I don't have cable (too expensive with Comcast raising my rates practically every month or every other month) so I can't watch the show when it airs, thus iTunes.  I can't wait!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I keep hoping the Season 12 "season pass" will show up soon on iTunes so that I can buy it, but no luck so far.  I don't have cable (too expensive with Comcast raising my rates practically every month or every other month) so I can't watch the show when it airs, thus iTunes.  I can't wait!

I was just going to ask about this. I've got an Amazon gift card that I'm going to use to buy the episodes/season pass, since I don't get CMT anymore (thanks Comcast!) - when does this usually show up? I've not had to do this in the past.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, CheerMeUp said:

I totally agree!!  I just don't feel the excitement I have had in the past without the connection to some of the TCC.  I am sure I will record the shows...but I don't see myself watching the evening the show airs like in all the years past.  Just not feeling it this year and that is disappointing to me because I really looked forward to reading the board and learning who every was and then watching the show...there was more of an investment in the TCC....not this year......:(

Remember a year ago with all the Auto Amy & Kelsey drama? Who would have thought that we'd miss it?

• Love 4

I think the difference between last years excitement and this years indifference is the fact that we had insiders giving us the tea.  This year, we have Shelly who reminds me of a school principal coming in to "shush" us.  Boring and not fun.  No offense to her but just how I see it.  

CMT (and DCC) should be grateful they have people interested in this show at all.  We fund Kelly's bandage dress obsession.  

• Love 11
4 hours ago, JennOnTheGo said:

I was just going to ask about this. I've got an Amazon gift card that I'm going to use to buy the episodes/season pass, since I don't get CMT anymore (thanks Comcast!) - when does this usually show up? I've not had to do this in the past.

I buy the Better Call Saul season pass on Amazon, and it was offered later this season than last, but yeah, considering episode 1 is in 2 days, this is really late. 

• Love 1

Though I LOVE spoilers, not having as many hasn't really dampened my spirits.  Except for prior TCCs and comeback girls, I don't know anything about the auditionees before the show and can't remember who's who until the third episode or so.  I'm so excited for Thursday. Got my DVR set and I'm ready to go!  You guys keep me going between hiatus and during the week.  So I'm really excited to hear all of the opinions.

• Love 2

I too find myself less excited but i think it's mainly because last year's rookies were just so bland, and they make up the majority of the squad.  It seems that earlier seasons really allowed us to get to know the girls and, thus, I was excited when the season came back to see what those folks were up to and how they'd grown as performers.  Last year, we hardly got to know any to them and so I don't really care to see them again -- heck, anytime one of you mentions them (other than Kelsey), I have to go to the squad photo to see who you're talking about.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

I think the difference between last years excitement and this years indifference is the fact that we had insiders giving us the tea.  This year, we have Shelly who reminds me of a school principal coming in to "shush" us.  Boring and not fun.  No offense to her but just how I see it.  

CMT (and DCC) should be grateful they have people interested in this show at all.  We fund Kelly's bandage dress obsession.  

yeah I agree ... I feel like insiders are a bit more cautious now in making sure they don't give anything away or be too negative.  It's like when employers ask employees for direct feedback ... um, yeah like that's a fair question!

Bit of a yawner this year so far ... sadly I will probably just watch the first couple episodes to see what happened w/ the cut vets and then keep it moving.  :(

• Love 1

The new TCC that stands out to me the most is Miranda. She's gorgeous. Also, whiny Christina has grown on me. I'm not sure if she's quite 'glam' enough, but from the shots from her studio, she's really worked on flexibility and seems genuine. Approachability goes a long way with this type of job.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

The new TCC that stands out to me the most is Miranda. She's gorgeous. Also, whiny Christina has grown on me. I'm not sure if she's quite 'glam' enough, but from the shots from her studio, she's really worked on flexibility and seems genuine. Approachability goes a long way with this type of job.

10000% agree. Especially about Miranda ?

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Five minutes ago DCC put on FB a commercial about auditions and this looks like from this year as I do not recognize any of them especially the mother daughter group!  Of course, Charlotte laughs at that!!

Charlotte is the worst, at least Judy gave the mom credit for attempting to audition.

19 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Five minutes ago DCC put on FB a commercial about auditions and this looks like from this year as I do not recognize any of them especially the mother daughter group!  Of course, Charlotte laughs at that!!

Dayton is in the clip along with Shelly... she is so pretty:)

• Love 5
16 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Exactly! I have Comcast and they moved CMT to the premium package. It's nearly an extra $50/month for the premium package. I'm not paying that for ONE channel I want to see. I could care less about the other channels in the package. I'm going to have to buy the season on Amazon, which means I won't get to see it in real time for the first time since the show started. No bueno :(

• Love 2
4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

So this. Miranda is super duper beautiful. I saw a commercial for this season where she is crying and even then she looks pretty. That is impossible to do. 

Christina has obviously fixed her flexibility issues or K & J would have never taken her to TC. She looks great as a blonde with that great haircut. I hope they both make the team. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Moxiejan said:

Remember a year ago with all the Auto Amy & Kelsey drama? Who would have thought that we'd miss it?

I most definitely don't miss auto amy.

1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

I agree with Charlotte.  Some people will do ANYTHING for attention, including auditioning for a televised show about a cheerleading team they will never make.  

I think some older women audition as a just-want-to-try-it.  There is no real expectation, but they can say they did it.  I struggle with weight and I'm waaaaayyyy too old but if I ever got down to a respectable size and was near Dallas I might try it.  And I would pray to NOT end up on CMT.  Sure, some women may be delusional, but I'm thinking most just think of it as fun.  

• Love 3
18 hours ago, JennOnTheGo said:

Last year when I went to my video library on Amazon, since I have all the other seasons the day after the 1st episode aired, the season number was on the scroll down list and I selected it to buy the entire season then after that each episode would be available to view the next morning after it aired,  except there was one week where it wasn't there until that night. I know how you feel I don't have CMT either.

I think Tara is pretty 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

anytime one of you mentions them (other than Kelsey), I have to go to the squad photo to see who you're talking about.

You HAVE to know who Yuko is...she may have been discussed once or twice here LOL

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

So I'm like y'all. Jenna and Holly are nowhere to be found on the HOF pics. What the heck is going on there? 

They're probably on probation like everyone is speculating. 

• Love 2