Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: The Red Scare

CooperTV

58a29e70d7ac7_NUP_177214_1095_595_MiniLogoTVwhite-Gallery.jpg.20aca8e0860552e68b84a965db23eb34.jpg

With one of our heroes' lives on the line, the team chases Flynn to 1954 through the paranoid corridors of Joe McCarthy's Washington D.C., en route to a secret, once-a-generation meeting of Rittenhouse leaders.  While there, Lucy must wager the ultimate sacrifice to save history as we know it.

Promo pictures

51 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Huh. I always thought they were going to do an episode about Pearl Harbor. I wonder if that was the original finale, and that got changed with the three-episode renewal.

I've been been expecting Pearl Harbor too.  After your post, I looked it up because I swore I saw somewhere it was mentioned. I don't know about interviews, but it was in this preseason commercial for the show. 

The video doesn't belong in this thread, but I wasn't sure which one to take it too. I guess I assumed it was going to be an episode because the commercial has Lincoln which was the second episode. I don't know if they'd be able to fake Hawaii in Vancouver.  All green screen maybe?  

On a shallow note, Abigail really was meant to be in period pieces.  She has a great look for them especially in the Pearl Harbor portion of the commercial and last week's France episode. 

Edited by Stuffy
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Stuffy said:

I've been been expecting Pearl Harbor too.  After your post, I looked it up because I swore I saw somewhere it was mentioned. I don't know about interviews, but it was in this preseason commercial for the show. 

The video doesn't belong in this thread, but I wasn't sure which one to take it too. I guess I assumed it was going to be an episode because the commercial has Lincoln which was the second episode. I don't know if they'd be able to fake Hawaii in Vancouver.  All green screen maybe?  

On a shallow note, Abigail really was meant to be in period pieces.  She has a great look for them especially in the Pearl Harbor portion of the commercial and last week's France episode. 

I bet if we got a full 22 episodes, we would have seen Pearl Harbor and Amelia Earhart (also in that video). The producers probably had a list of famous times to go to when they pitched the show. Or maybe Earhart got changed to Lindburgh?

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I bet if we got a full 22 episodes, we would have seen Pearl Harbor and Amelia Earhart (also in that video). The producers probably had a list of famous times to go to when they pitched the show. Or maybe Earhart got changed to Lindburgh?

Amelia Earhart's transatlantic flight didn't happen until 1932, five years after Lindbergh's.  I think the stop there and in Pearl Harbor were just intended to give us an idea of what the show was about. Notice that Lucy didn't wear the same dress in the Lincoln episode that she wore in the promo, and she never wore that psychedelic dress from ca. 1967, either.

Speaking of fashion (and more on-topic for this episode), I'm curious as to what Lucy's cover is here.  She's dressed like a slightly uptight version of Lois Lane -- is she posing as a reporter in 1954?

1 minute ago, legaleagle53 said:

Amelia Earhart's transatlantic flight didn't happen until 1932, five years after Lindbergh's.  I think the stop there and in Pearl Harbor were just intended to give us an idea of what the show was about. Notice that Lucy didn't wear the same dress in the Lincoln episode that she wore in the promo, and she never wore that psychedelic dress from ca. 1967, either.

Speaking of fashion (and more on-topic for this episode), I'm curious as to what Lucy's cover is here.  She's dressed like a slightly uptight version of Lois Lane -- is she posing as a reporter in 1954?

I know, I just meant that maybe that had an idea to do something around early flight record, so picked her for the promo, but then they decided Lindbergh was a better option. The promo was clearly made before they filmed most episodes so I don't think it was ever meant to be actual scenes. 

Lucy's wardrobe is limited now that they aren't able to use Mason's awesome costume closet.

Minutes 40-55 seemed rushed, and then there was the whole deal with Lucy's mom being Rittenhouse. Can't say I'm surprised but with this show being on the bubble, that was a pretty gutsy ending. 

I loved Lucy's grandpa, he was cool. 

• Love 13

Commence rambling...

Ok, well, I was happy that Jiya got to finally travel with the crew, although not if she's going to get all wonky, health-wise. But why would she be the only one of the four affected if it had something to do with bringing more than three? Does the lifeboat know that SHE is the 4th, as opposed to any of the other ones?

I'll echo the above and what I've said before; Abigail Spencer really does have a look that works well with so many past looks/fashions. She looked lovely in the blue/pearls getup. Although, not that I make it a point to look at other women's chests, but whatever 1950s bra they put her in was alarmingly high/pointy. If that's how everyone's girls looked back then, yikes.

Ok, Wyatt's reaction to Lucy's grandpa at a gay bar was practically straight out of a cartoon. Ha. Also, Wyatt getting ogled, heh. But, d'awww, Lucy telling Grandpa Cahill who she was is kind of sweet.

I knew it's been snowing a lot more than normal in Vancouver this winter, but really, couldn't they move/delay filming or just freaking melt the snow? It's supposed to be spring in DC, no?

Oh snap, Rittenhouse mom. Thought that might be coming... 

Welp, between that, Jiya's weird post-apocalyptic vision/seizure, and the Wyatt/Lucy tease, they've certainly left themselves open to season 2 plots (weak/dumb as they may be). As many flaws as this whole mess has, I really do hope it manages to come back. Does anyone know when such decisions would be made by NBC? Fingers crossed. It's far from perfect, but I kind of love it anyway.

• Love 12

"A surprising number are corporate lawyers." 

Ha! Oh show.

That was a solid finale, even though I felt some type of way about Team Time being split up for most of it. The ending I kind of saw coming when Lucy said "Mom you deserve to know the truth." The fact that Lucy's Mom is part of Rittenhouse sets up all kinds of intriguing questions, so I hope we get a season 2.

Loved the Rufus/Jiya stuff. And I'm intrigued by what happened to Jiya at the end. Does this mean she can time travel on her own sans the time machine?

• Love 6

Called it, about the doctor fiance thinking it was because of Wyatt that she was giving him the heave-ho.

So I blame myself for being surprised and not seeing the possibilities - Mommy and Emma being Rittenhouse.

Also sorta called Mason being a 'fake bad guy'.

The Wucy was strong in this one  [yes, that was a Star Wars nod cuz of Wyatt/ML/Anakin]

Jiya 'sees' time now?  Was that flash of the bridge a pre-finished image of it or a post-apocalypic vision??  Didn't quite make out the look of the rest of the area.

Agent Christopher turned Flynn into the bad guy they labeled him as with his capture and arrest.  Which puts Lucy & the rest in his crosshairs, and will be looking to kill instead of disrupting or sabotaging their efforts to stop him.

Wyatt - "He's looking at me like I'm a piece of meat."
Lucy - "Yeah, I wonder what that feels like."

• Love 5

Nice try, show. This clunky finale won't redeem you.

Rittenhouse stopped - check(ish)

Actually using Susanna Thompson - check

Final kiss-off for Lucy's finacee - check

Lucy and Wyatt shipping from left field - check

Finding a use for Jiya (and possible superpowers) - check

Catching Flynn just as he turns out to be less bad - check

That episode was extremely dense and frenetic. Then they went and did that thing where they had to set up a cliffhanger for a second season that will never happen. It was also pretty obvious that Rittenhouse wouldn't go down quite that easily. And why wouldn't Ben Cahill have any evidence about Lucy's mom when he kept some on his own son? Lucy was pretty much blindsided. And another thing, if 4 people is too many, why didn't anything happen to anyone else BUT Jiya?

• Love 2

My only guess for why Jiya was the only one affected is that she didn't have a belted seat.  Maybe the seats keep them synced with the ship movement and she got side swiped by the time stream.  Crazy enough?

There were shades of interesting things in this.  Jiya having time visions could be interesting.  Rittenhouse ending up with the time machine can't be good, and could lead to actual changes in the timeline.

On the whole, I won't be broken up if it isn't renewed.  If it is, I'll have to think about whether to tune into it.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Randomosity said:

Welp, between that, Jiya's weird post-apocalyptic vision/seizure, and the Wyatt/Lucy tease, they've certainly left themselves open to season 2 plots (weak/dumb as they may be). As many flaws as this whole mess has, I really do hope it manages to come back. Does anyone know when such decisions would be made by NBC? Fingers crossed. It's far from perfect, but I kind of love it anyway.

The decision either was made or will be made shortly. Usually, we don't know until the upfronts in May when the show is not on the Fall schedule.

7 minutes ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Jiya 'sees' time now?  Was that flash of the bridge a pre-finished image of it or a post-apocalypic vision??  Didn't quite make out the look of the rest of the area.

Pre-finished. I saw cranes and a steamship when I played it back.

• Love 6
Just now, MisterGlass said:

My only guess for why Jiya was the only one affected is that she didn't have a belted seat.  Maybe the seats keep them synced with the ship movement and she got side swiped by the time stream.  Crazy enough?

I'd thought that could be a thing, but she was flipping all the doodads to get the thing started, so I thought she was actually in a seat, and one of the other three was not.

1 minute ago, ketose said:

The decision either was made or will be made shortly. Usually, we don't know until the upfronts in May when the show is not on the Fall schedule.

Pre-finished. I saw cranes and a steamship when I played it back.

Hmm. Interesting. It would be really cool if Jiya's time-travel opened up some latent ability to actually travel back and forth in time without the machine.

I really think whatever is happening to her is something specific to Jiya and not just because she was the fourth person in the machine.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3

I thought this episode felt really weird starting from when Lucy asked her grandfather to live a double life and the scene where she went to talk to her mom. It felt anti-climactic to have them just have the evidence they needed to take Rittenhouse down, and it seemed way to easy. I guess that was intentional to set up the fact that Rittenhouse is still in control?

I don't get Lucy's attachment to wanting to help Flynn get his family back. Yes, he didn't start out a bad guy but he killed a ton of people this season. He was a bad guy by the end and he deserved to get arrested. Lucy was a bit too trusting there.

They didn't really do much with McCarthy, but I did like the actor playing the young Ethan Cahill. He came off really sympathetic, and I don't get how he raised as awful guy like Ben. Especially once he was recording evidence on them. He knew he was taking them down and that if his son was involved he'd get caught up in it.

When Lucy was talking to her mom at the end, I thought the mom was going to say had a hysterectomy after Lucy was born and couldn't have had a second kid. I couldn't figure out why else they would bother with that scene. Then I realized right before she said it she was Rittenhouse. That will give Lucy some conflict over stopping her next season (if we get one).

Just now, MisterGlass said:

I thought that too. They made a big deal of showing everyone get buckled in every week. Or maybe she was touching the wrong part of the controls and that impacted her? She said she died a lot in the simulator, and I'm really curious what she was doing wrong.

• Love 4

Mason gloriously smarmily revealing his double agent status was great. So happy he'll still be around.

Flynn's happy ending being delayed makes sense if they want to use him in S2. He still needs that carrot to drive him, but he'll be hella pissed at Lucy. Why Wyatt didn't tell him that he actually tried to save his wife and failed and that what Flynn was doing also wouldn't work was lame. Wyatt actually had the emotional angle he could attempt to appeal to Flynn. 

Emma being revealed to being a mole on Flynn's team was also great. Annie Wersching is now primed to be a S2 regular possibly. 

The producers in their post S1 spoilerish for S2 interviews confirm-

Spoiler

-Lucy's mom outranks her father in Rittenhouse. Her being Rittenhouse was set in stone from the beginning. 

-Lucy's life has been meticulously planned by her mom and Rittenhouse to lead the team to do the surgical historical strikes needed to bulk up Rittenhouse's strengths.

-Jiya saw the GGB under construction  so that flicker was to the past. Kripke says she's kinda unstuck in time.

-when Flynn mentions that Lucy aged well that doesn't necessarily mean he went to the future. She could've come back to meet him as she may have come from a future where their time machines can cross one's own timeline.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 4

If they get a second season they need to use Susanna Thompson and Sakina Jaffrey way more and also include Agent Christopher's partner (wife?) because why make her a lesbian if you aren't going to follow through.

• Love 1

Nooooo!  No more Rittenhouse!

I was legitimately surprised that Lucy's mom turned out to be part of Rittenhouse.  But I should have seen that coming.  You don't case Susanna Thompson and barely use her for an entire season without a reason.  I think she'll be very good as a villain but I had really hoped they had put Rittenhouse, the weakest element of the show, behind them.  I had hoped at least it would evolve into something else.

That being said, I really did enjoy the episode.  The guy played Ethan was very good and despite the low-key nature of how events played out, I thought that it worked.  Glad Mason turned out to be on their side after all.

BTW, Abigail Spencer always looks good in period clothing but damn, she looked absolutely beautiful in that shade of blue.

What a shock that Wyatt didn't kill Flynn. " Glad Flynn is still alive but it looks like he will still be "GRRRR!!!  Rittnenhouse!" if this show gets a second season and I hope that it does.

Flaws aside, I really enjoyed this show and hope it gets a second season.

• Love 5

Going back to the pilot, Carol Preston hooked up with a Rittenhouse guy and had Lucy, then married the "dad" and had Amy. In the prime timeline, Carol was dying and apparently no more use to Rittenhouse. This brings up a couple of questions.

Was Carol less involved with Rittenhouse when she married Amy's dad and had her? Because right now, she seems to be all in.

Did Flynn actually make things worse by changing history so that Amy was never born?

Bonus question: Why didn't Lucy put that information in red marker on the first page of her journal for Flynn?

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, maraleia said:

If they get a second season they need to use Susanna Thompson and Sakina Jaffrey way more and also include Agent Christopher's partner (wife?) because why make her a lesbian if you aren't going to follow through.

Because aside from giving her an incentive to work with the Time Team to keep her wife and children's existences intact regardless of what Flynn/Rittenhouse do, how could you work Agent Christopher's wife into the time travel that would be organic and logical?  The show isn't about Agent Christopher.  It's about Lucy, Wyatt, and Rufus.

• Love 8

That felt very rushed and sort of frenetic. Simultaneously tying up loose ends for a possible non-renewal, while trying to set up new mysteries in case they do get renewed. 

Abigail looked absolutely beautiful in her blue dress and pearls. Glad that Mason was a double agent after all. Mommy Rittenhouse caught me by surprise. Jiya seems to have some latent ability which made her "see" alternate timelines all by herself. Emma's double agent status didn't make much sense. Why had she been hiding out in the last century if she was working for Rittenhouse?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, djinn said:

Emma's double agent status didn't make much sense. Why had she been hiding out in the last century if she was working for Rittenhouse?

Maybe they needed to stash a spare pilot in the past in case shit went down in the present? Otherwise, I got nothing.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

Because aside from giving her an incentive to work with the Time Team to keep her wife and children's existences intact regardless of what Flynn/Rittenhouse do, how could you work Agent Christopher's wife into the time travel that would be organic and logical?  The show isn't about Agent Christopher.  It's about Lucy, Wyatt, and Rufus.

Serious question- are you a part of the LGBTQ community? I'm a lesbian who wants show runners to do better if they choose to incorporate queer characters in their shows.

I don't understand why you are pushing back on my call for more and better queer representation on TV shows (here and Supergirl for example). If the writers care they will figure out how to incorporate Agent Christopher's family life into this show if they get a second season.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Randomosity said:

Maybe they needed to stash a spare pilot in the past in case shit went down in the present? Otherwise, I got nothing.

But it was Flynn who rescued her. Not Rittenhouse.

• Love 2

If Lucy's mom and Cahill were such Rittenhouse royalty, why aren't they together?   And why would she be searching hospitals and wondering where Lucy was when Rittenhouse knew she stole the time machine.   And if Emma was a Rittenhouse spy, why was she hanging out in the 1700s, and why didn't she just kill Flynn and take the mothership, oh, say...anytime?

So many questions!

• Love 18
1 minute ago, maraleia said:

Serious question- are you a part of the LGBTQ community? I'm a lesbian who wants show runners to do better if they choose to incorporate queer characters in their shows.

I don't understand why you are pushing back on my call for more and better queer representation on TV shows (here and Supergirl for example). If the writers care they will figure out how to incorporate Agent Christopher's family life into this show if they get a second season.

Answering this in private.

• Love 3

Of course, Moira Queen would be in Rittenhouse!  Really, I knew there was no way they would not bother getting Susannah Thompson as Lucy's mom, and not have her be at least a little bit sinister.  If there is another season, at least she can hopefully be unleashed and her talents will no longer be wasted!

Normally, I would say that Spencer Garrett was over-the-top as Joseph McCarthy, but by all counts, that is actually pretty accurate.  I remember when George Clooney used real footage of him in Good Night and Good Luck, and during an interview, he talked about how there were actually complaints from test audiences that they thought the "actor" playing him was too much.

Damn you, quit teasing me with Rufus and Jiya!  After last week's cliffhanger, they managed to save Rufus (hey, Lucy's doctor boyfriend I forgot about is relevant!), only for them having four people go into the ship, and have Jiya get effected by it!  I'm glad it looks like she won't die or anything, but she can apparently see different dimensions or universes?  I have no idea what to make of that.

Glad Emma is still going to be around since Anne Wersching continues to rival Abigial Spencer in who looks best in period outfits.

Flynn is now a prisoner, but I have a feeling that won't last for a long time.  Oh, and he will be extremely pissed!

Mason being a double agent is a decent twist.

Overall, kind of rushed finale and I was underwhelmed on some levels.  Still, if it returns, I'll watch.  It's pretty fun, even if very silly at times.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, djinn said:

But it was Flynn who rescued her. Not Rittenhouse.

He went and got her, sure. But that doesn't mean Rittenhouse planned for him to interfere like that. She could have just played along so as to not blow her Rittenhouse cover.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, maraleia said:

"More and better" would have been to make one of the main three LGBTQ. Not to force an irrelevant aspect of a supporting character's life down our throats if not necessary to the plot. To do so would make it that much more of a forced/token caricature, which is not "better". I wouldn't expect to see much of Agent Christopher's husband if she were with a man, why would I expect to see more of her wife?

Beyond that, one single show can't necessarily do everything; they ARE rather racially/ethnically diverse once you get past pasty-white Lucy and Wyatt.

• Love 17
43 minutes ago, MisterGlass said:

I was thinking it's more like a disease, and the others are all frequent time travelers so they've built up a kind of immunity.

So my thoughts are, "Time Sickness" is a real danger the more people you are displacing through time, it's always safe to take 3, and gets more dangerous the more people you add. But people who are more used to time traveling are less likely to get "Time Sickness."

Edited by Maximum Taco
  • Love 6

Agent Christopher: "Somewhere, under all that smarm, there's a heart."

Mason: "I'm touched."

Hee.

I think they gave Agent Christopher a family so she could be more viscerally sympathetic to Lucy wanting her sister back. And maybe they made her a lesbian for some superficial diversity.

Edited by dubbel zout
sorry about the formatting.
  • Love 6

I guess Lucy's mom being Rittenhouse explains why she kept steering Lucy to follow in her footsteps. She was doing that even in the Amy timeline. Lucy wanted to quit school to be in a band. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Stuffy said:

Lucy wanted to quit school to be in a band. 

Which I find funny :D What did Wyatt call her? An uptight know-it-all or something? Because in my head, that so doesn't fit with running away to be in a band. Unless she meant a marching band or string quartet or something :)

• Love 4

AlternaLucy: "Polka never dies!"

If I hadn't already guessed because of the high-grade casting of Lucy's Mom, that would have been a pretty vicious twist. Even so, I felt for poor, manipulated Lucy.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4

Here's a screenshot of the Golden Gate Bridge during Jiya's little episode. The bridge was constructed between 1933 and 1937, so she's not just flashing back to the one other time she visited.

I thought this was a decent season finale. This show, while flawed, is one of the few I always watched the night it aired, and I'll be back if it gets a second season. I'm interested to see more of Emma (and what Rittenhouse does when they have control of a time machine) and find out what's up with Jiya being unstuck in time.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Randomosity said:

He went and got her, sure. But that doesn't mean Rittenhouse planned for him to interfere like that. She could have just played along so as to not blow her Rittenhouse cover.

So, even when it's down to just the two of them, and Flynn's about to murder everyone at an important Rittenhouse meeting in the past, she does nothing. But when a huge SWAT team shows up, she finally acts, takes them out somehow, and steals the time ship.

Very dramatic, but not very logical, to me at least.

Now, it would make a little more sense if the timeline had been altered in certain ways, by Lucy flipping Cahill. Maybe Rittenhouse figured out he was a double agent and took precautions to counteract the damage, resulting in Emma and Lucy's mom being recruited when they weren't Rittenhouse agents before. But I don't think that was the implication at all. I think we're supposed to think both of them were Rittenhouse all along.

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
  • Love 5

Whoa, so A LOT just happened here, almost none of which I saw coming. I really liked the plotline with Lucy and her grandpa, who was actually a nice guy. Going in to the episode, I was expecting him to be awful like his son and Lucy having to make a choice to kill him or something. I actually much prefer him being a good guy, since making him evil would've been the easy thing to do. When it jumped to Lucy and Wyatt visiting her grandpa as an old man, I was momentarily confused and wondered if someone was dreaming. 

And speaking of... Jiya can apparently do some time traveling sans time machine now?! I really want to know why she's the only one who can do this (that we know of). Maybe because the other three are "supposed" to be there and Jiya isn't? Agent Christopher remains a badass, though arresting Flynn is not going to endear him to trusting the Time Team anymore. At least he gave Lucy the journal. I was hoping we'd get to see more of what she actually wrote, however. 

Emma's been Rittenhouse all along and so has Lucy's mom. Yikes. Poor Lucy, honestly. Finding out you were born into a creepy shadow organization is bad enough, but she basically never really had any control over her life--her mother was manipulating it all along. That's messed up.

Also messed up: Mason walking in and interrupting Lucy and Wyatt while they were having a moment. Their hug and Wyatt saying, "Maybe I do need to be open to possibilities" had me flailing (and so did their goodbye in 1954. "I cannot lose you again."). 

• Love 2

Way, way too much was squeezed into this finale.   I wonder if once the number of episodes were bought that the final episode was rewritten.  It seemed all too forced.

A disappointing series.  Yes, fetching actors, endearing even.  A few good characters.  Time travel that makes no sense at all, even on the scale of the time-travel genre.  Poorly thought out stories.

I suspect this series costs more per episode than would have been ideal, as so much had to be shot on location, outdoors, or with lots of extras and scenes.  

Will it be renewed?  The online sites claim this show is still on the bubble, but after seeing this last episode I get the feeling the producers were rushing to tie up loose ends even as they were introducing possible season 2 story devices.

Edited by puzzler
  • Love 3

That finale was interesting. If it gets renewed - I imagine it will get a Friday slot and a lowered budget, which I think the show could do better with - lowered expectations on a Friday.

Before the last 5-10 minutes, I would've said "Wow, that was a pretty good finale for a show this frenetic."

Then they packed a whole bunch of stuff in.

Still an interesting episode - I wonder what the concept would've been like under another showrunner, or a different network.

• Love 1

I could have done without the Rittenhouse Mom reveal just like I wished the Mentalist writers had wrapped up Red John in season one. I also found the Flynn flip flop from redeemed to raving revenge threatener to be too much. I liked this show way more than the last few minutes of the finale.

• Love 4
On 2/15/2017 at 7:00 PM, Stuffy said:

I agree with this, and have all season.  You're right, something about AS's base appearance just lends itself to the need for the cosplay they do each episode.  Never once have I looked at her in a period piece, hair done up to go with the clothing, and said to myself "nah, that look just doesn't work".  Its almost always was a general feeling of awe at how beautiful she looked, no matter the time-required clothing & hairstyle she wore.  This is not even mentioning seeing her in her normal everyday appearances when not on missions.

Casting department hit a HR with Abigail Spencer in the 'Lucy' role, and not just because of how good she looked in the different clothing, imo.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, bros402 said:

If it gets renewed - I imagine it will get a Friday slot and a lowered budget, which I think the show could do better with - lowered expectations on a Friday.

With Grimm ending this season, there's a Friday opening. Timeless has a few too many flaws for me to actively want its renewal, but I think this show could take over its slot successfully.

The title of this ep was rather misleading. It was only superficially concerned with the Red Scare. (I know they had to name it something that wouldn't give away all the twists.)

• Love 1
6 hours ago, bros402 said:

That finale was interesting. If it gets renewed - I imagine it will get a Friday slot and a lowered budget, which I think the show could do better with - lowered expectations on a Friday.

I think a Friday time slot would work for this show, as would moving to the 7/8 pm time slot (maybe in Grimm's place since that show is in its final season). I never understood why this was in the late time slot.  Personally, I hope the show is renewed though I know it's a long shot. But it's one of the few shows that my 13 year old son enjoys watching with me so it has a special place in my heart for that alone.

I'm personally sick of Flynn and think he deserves whatever the law throws at him. Murdering numerous innocent people throughout time in the name of your own family doesn't make him any better than Rittenhouse. How many families did he devastate in the same way his was?  He may not have started out as a monster but he made himself one.

What did Flynn say to Lucy at the end.? That she gave him the journal sometime in the future and that she aged well? 

And was Lucy's mom Rittenhouse in the original timeline where she was sick and Amy existed? Or is her involvement in Rittenhouse part of changes made to the timeline (at any point during the show's run)? It would make sense that if some formerly Rittenhouse families were prevented from joining, other families who were never part of Rittenhouse would take their place.

• Love 5

It was a good finale but I'm sad Flynn is not killed off. Can he not return next season if it's renewed? He adds nothing to the show except melodrama. After all he has done, being thrown into jail seems mild. Team Eyeball can find other reasons to go back in time.

The reveal about the mother made a lot of sense that I'm kind of impressed the show went there. Of course she would have been in on it and it was shady how she didn't tell Lucy who her biological father is until recently. It would be interesting if she was the more zealous Rittenhouse member than her father. 

Lucy and Wyatt: I like them together. The actors have good friendship chemistry as well as romantic chemistry. So they can go either way with that. I do love that Lucy's eyes get adorably big whenever Wyatt says anything affectionate to her. 

• Love 3