Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Dream a Little Dream

OMG, I looooooooved this episode.

Jesus' dream. Poor boy. He couldn't save Mariana and he always tried. :( So glad he woke up, but those speech issues...I can't wait to see how this whole plot unfolds. 

Love seeing the moms support each other. I also loved Lena playing Christmas music for Jesus because he loves the holiday.

Really enjoyed the scene with Lena and that woman's mother-in-law's ghost/angel. TV trope, but I don't care.

Stef lost it under the stress of everything. A human moment.

Ugh, Callie. Callie, Callie, Callie...did not see that twist about her possibly being tried as an adult coming. I know nothing about the law, so, I'm not going to dispute how things went down with her being questioned, her arrest, and the hearing.

I feel bad for Mariana that Stef essentially laid the blame of Callie being in juvie at her feet, even though it's kinda true. Those flashbacks. :( I can't even imagine going through that trauma.

I know Brandon has no right to talk, but I enjoyed seeing him call Jude out. He cares more about getting high than his own brother who's in critical condition. 

Looking forward to next week.

• Love 2

Callie is such a moron. She has done nothing but cause trouble since she moved in with the Fosters. I can't stand her. Her mom JUST ASKED her to avoid creating more drama, and instead of going to Steph or Mike, she once again does what she thinks is right instead of asking advice, so by the time they learn about this, it's another expensive stressful mess. I wish they would ship her off to boarding school. She is too dumb to have any freedom. If she had just asked for advice, she would have known she was causing more problems going in there. She did not flee the scene. Both testimonies are hearsay. Now she has eclipsed what Jesus is going through and I just want her to stay in jail. Now we get more Juvie drama. I am guessing it will involve an immoral guard.

Can't stand Jude turning into a puberty monster. I'm with Brandon: "What happened to that nice kid who moved in here?"

And Mariana used to be hilarious because she was always the kid having normal drama and silly problems and always cared about her future and staying in line. What she has caused for Jesus- I don't even feel like she cares. When did she stop being the breath of fresh air. I am guessing with her classy sex in the garage, we get to look forward to a pregnancy scare soon.

Brandon should be the most stable one in the bunch, but one stupid waitress was all it took for him to ruin his life. She was a predator, going out with him. She knew he was too young for all this. All of these kids just suck. 

• Love 2

Man, what a good episode, even with the tired TV cliches, such as Emma buying a pregnancy test and Brandon thinking that it's Mariana's (god, can we not get an Emma pregnancy during all of this? It's just too much and Jesus has enough to deal with), or Detective Jackass gunning for Callie for no good reason. It would be nice if they wrapped up the tired Callie storyline. It just feels very inauthentic, although I did really enjoy the judge shutting both lawyers down and got down to business. I'm just not interested in Callie in max security juvie. Also, can Callie really be questioned without a parent/guardian even being called? I would think that it's not allowed, but I don't know enough about law to dispute it. 

I guess this will be the season of Brandon figuring out his shit. Him trying to be the adult in the house, only to have Mariana and Jude snipe back at him was kind of funny, but I do appreciate that he told Brandon what we've all been thinking about New Teen Jude. 

Mariana keeps getting hit with these bombshells and it really sucks because it all seemed to hit her as soon as Stef told her that Callie was in juvie because of her. I'm glad Emma was there for her, and I'm glad her and Mat are alright. I do kind of like those two together. I think Mariana is going to need to also heal from this.  I think that we'll see Mariana deal with all of this over the season.

Jesus! His coma dream scenes were rough to watch, but Noah rocked those scenes. Having it center around Mariana and how he feels like he couldn't save her was heartbreaking. I wonder if it'll play into their relationship this season. I'm thrilled that he's awake, but his speech issues, completely mirroring the prank he played on them the first time around, was something I totally saw coming but it was heartbreaking.

Another cliche of "was this person a ghost or a hallucination or real" had me rolling my eyes. For my own sanity, I'm going to pretend it was some crazy patient who happened to overhear that the husband of other coma patient was in China. It's a good thing that the scene between Lena and the woman was well done. 

• Love 3

episode was ok, jesus scenes were interesting, ironic that they used steroids to help jesus when the steroids and stef and lena's unfair punishment of jesus using them lead to jesus and mariana meeting nick and lead to the whole situtation, long story short, in reality jesus's injury is actually stef and lena's fault, not gabe or mariana's fault, also with callie and the car and the idea that it was mariana's fault, not that's not correct, anyone with a brain knows you NEVER get into a strangers car so it's callie's fault only

brandon calling out jude was amusing considering brandon himself has never been a nice kid

mariana and mat plot was weird

callie is so stupid, she doesn't deserve a loving home or happiness, she causes too many problems 

Callie's thinking makes no sense.  She doesn't tell Lena & Stef so as not to dump drama on them.  But what did she think would happen if she walked into a police station with this story about kidnapping and hit and run?  The police would say, "K, thanks for stopping by!"  Of course it would end up with the moms, so why make it worse by blind-siding them? 

And what was her reason for not telling Mike as an alternate?  There are two police officers in this family, and the kids are the least likely to go to them for help with police and legal stuff.

What does that say about this family?  They are so messed up, while still being a loving family.  I hope this show hasn't turned people off from fostering, because even if we know it's drama, it gives the impression that they bring chaos.  That doesn't explain Brandon, though.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, izabella said:

What does that say about this family?  They are so messed up, while still being a loving family.  I hope this show hasn't turned people off from fostering, because even if we know it's drama, it gives the impression that they bring chaos.  That doesn't explain Brandon, though.

Well, Brandon was pretty old when he had a set of twins show up in his family. Plus his dad moves out and a woman moves in. I guess that could be jarring. I love Stef and Lena, but they have consistently been idiots about the amount of counseling each of these kids truly need, to properly adjust to what has been thrown on them. Calling them sweety every ten seconds, and bailing them out AFTER they created another hot mess is not the most they could do. All of these kids are a mess. But where would the show be if they weren't.... So I might be in the same camp with other posters, that I just can't take their crap anymore. 

Edited by Chewy101
  • Love 5

I know Callie has a record, but would they really arrest her for fleeing the scene as a passenger and let the driver get away scott free? Even if she was "harassing" him and caused the accident by distracting him, he still left the scene as the driver. At least Callie called 911 to get help, which is more than he did. She also can back up her story about Marianna being missing and getting a phone call that she was found right before the accident. 

And why could the cop question her without a parent? I don't know much about the law, but that goes against every other cop show I've ever seen.

• Love 14

Stef didn't really tell Mariana that Callie was in Juvie because of her. She never said that, she just answered her question and by answering it I don't think she meant it was Mari's fault. 

What made me laugh was Stef saying that Callie didn't know that even as a passenger it's a crime to leave a scene accident. The question is : does Callie know a thing about anything ? 

14 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Another cliche of "was this person a ghost or a hallucination or real" had me rolling my eyes. For my own sanity, I'm going to pretend it was some crazy patient who happened to overhear that the husband of other coma patient was in China. It's a good thing that the scene between Lena and the woman was well done. 

I never like the ghost/angel/whatever thing.  That scene would have worked just as well had the woman really demonstrably been the mother of the accident victim.  I don't know why they had to go for the cheese. 

• Love 8

I had to laugh when Callie was like, "I've been through this before," when she was going through the intake process. If you've been through this so many times, then why haven't you learned that you shouldn't say a word until you have a lawyer? Geez. Her stupidity is too much at this point and I'm not looking forward to her storyline. If they needed one of the kids to get mixed up with the law, why not Jude? He's always been so reliably good that the family hasn't had to worry much about him, to the point where perhaps they've been coasting. I know they like to have everyone fuck up at once, and especially Callie, but damn, let her be.

On the other hand, I'm very interested in Jesus and Mariana's stories (minus the pregnancy test business). Jesus has a surprising amount of insecurity (surprising because it seems to be much deeper than I thought it was) and Mariana has PTSD out the wazoo. I was already looking forward to seeing how they deal with whatever issues he has due to this accident but adding his deep insecurities to the mix makes me even more interested. (Again, I gotta give kudos to Noah. I was hesitant at first but now I can't even watch the earlier seasons because Noah's my Jesus now.) As for Mariana, I worry she'll be overlooked because of what's going on with Jesus and Callie. Her issues because of Nick were already a concern but sneaking pills when her biological mother is an addict? Red flags. As for the pregnancy test, I wonder if Emma bought it for herself. Maybe she slipped it into her purse and bought Mariana some tampons or something like that. Mariana may have gotten a pregnancy test when she was looked over by the doctor, so why would she need to check again, like two days later (and less than one day after sleeping with Mat)? I remember Emma said she and Jesus should get tested before having sex but I don't remember if they followed through with that.

I was happy Brandon called out Jude for his behavior, so at least the show knows he's been a big brat lately, lol. Brandon didn't have much to do in this episode besides his very sad attempt at fixing things with Julliard and seeing Emma in the hospital shop. At first I didn't realize it was Emma in the store, so I was worried they were already setting him up with a new love interest. Actually, I was very surprised that Jesus hallucinated Emma and Brandon hooking up... have they interacted before? Or has Jesus ever seemed concerned about the two of them, or just Brandon?

I know they won't but I wish Stef and Lena would realize they need to reevaluate their parenting techniques because these kids are a mess. That ghost mother-in-law assuring Lena that she's doing everything right was frustrating. Yes, teens will be teens, and this is a TV show, but damn.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, omgsowicked said:

Actually, I was very surprised that Jesus hallucinated Emma and Brandon hooking up... have they interacted before? Or has Jesus ever seemed concerned about the two of them, or just Brandon?

Same here. It did make me laugh, until I realized the reason why they included it. Jesus is worried about Emma leaving him for a more intelligent guy. For him, he sees Brandon as the representation since Brandon is smart (at least academically). So I don't think it was about Emma leaving him for Brandon, but it seemed to just reflect Jesus' insecurities about his own intelligence. 

• Love 2

Mariana may have gotten a pregnancy test when she was looked over by the doctor, so why would she need to check again, like two days later (and less than one day after sleeping with Mat)? I remember Emma said she and Jesus should get tested before having sex but I don't remember if they followed through with that.

Wasn't the night before supposed to be the first time that Matt and Marina had sex?

2 hours ago, omgsowicked said:

As for the pregnancy test, I wonder if Emma bought it for herself. Maybe she slipped it into her purse and bought Mariana some tampons or something like tha

I honestly assumed that it was for Emma since we see Emma buying it and then giving the brown bag to Mariana, all while Brandon is watching without context. My best guess is that he'll confront Mat about if Mariana could be pregnant, Mat will think that Mariana slept with Nick, and it'll cause issues with them. I just hope that when Emma comes clean, she also says that it turned out to be negative and that she's not pregnant. There's too much going on right now for there to be a pregnancy, let alone an Emma/Jesus pregnancy. 

Question-- what happened to the storyline about Callie's half sister getting into the car with the weird, driveway painting hermit ( whose dna didn't match that found on the murder victim) who was stalking Callie and mistook the former for that latter?   One of the cliffhangers from the first half of the season that seems to have disappeared

31 minutes ago, fauxphysician said:

Question-- what happened to the storyline about Callie's half sister getting into the car with the weird, driveway painting hermit ( whose dna didn't match that found on the murder victim) who was stalking Callie and mistook the former for that latter?   One of the cliffhangers from the first half of the season that seems to have disappeared

Oh no, she never got into any car with him. The Hermit confronted Callie's half sister Sophia in a bathroom but she managed to run out after someone else walked in. 

• Love 1

I laughed out loud at Jude snarking back at Marianna. I don't remember them, but there were a couple of sick burns in there. Hilarious!

I'm not interested in the drama having to do with the hit-and-run and the murder case, but I am interested to see Callie in a maximum security juvie.  It looked like one of the other girls was woken up in the middle of the night by a man. My mind went right to sex abuse.  I bet all kinds of messed up shit happens in those kinds of places :( 

• Love 1

This actually was a pretty good episode, that actually focused a bit more on character interactions, and less on pointless dramatics. I really liked the stuff with Jesus, and getting into his mind, before he starts his recovery. Poor Jesus. He really has a ton of issues, dosnt he? See, show, you can just show us the characters own issues they ALREADY have, instead of coming up with new, super dramatic ones.

I also liked Brandon being a big brother towards Jude, and calling him out for his stoner antics and dickish attitude. It seems like it actually stuck, if him doing the dishes is any indication. Really, it seemed like it was kind of a Come to Jesus kind of episode for a lot of the kids, with Mariana admitting that she caused the accident that hurt Jesus, Brandon trying to get things together, and even Callie admitted she acted like an idiot. Although, the people who should REALLY be having Come to Jesus moments are Lena and Stef. Not that they don't try their hardest, but they really do need to reevaluate their parenting styles after all this. Teenage hormones and bad choices are understandable, but all five of your kids having spiraling meltdowns all at once? The problem might be more than just hitting puberty.

Seriously. Callie is just all kinds of dumb. I feel bad for her, but this is so totally her fault. She is just damn lucky that Mike got in touch with Steff before she could get dragged away forever, because, as this episode seems to be saying, cops don't have to follow those pesky "rules" or anything, and can just screw with minors all they want. I just want Callie to be home, finish all this criminal stuff with Callie playing Nancy Drew, and move on! Cant we get the Adams-Foster clan having some normal problems at some point?

• Love 4

Based on my countless viewings of true crime, yes a minor can be questioned without a parent. However, they have to read the Miranda rights which we never saw. 

The officer was misleading when telling Callie she could go home after she signed. That's one of the ways false confessions are usually obtained.

How did the driver walk away? He was driving and also left the scene of the crime.He should be charged as well. Then bond, I assume.

Also,Callie, please read what you sign! Take what's his face with the innocence project with you. Or Mike. Or your rich dad.

I don't care about the Jack storyline at all even though it's pretty clear that officer jackass did tamper with evidence.

My DVR cut off when the lawyer asked for a fitness hearing. What happened after that? Thanks!

Edited by Court
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

How come I didn't see the part of the episode where Lena was talking to the ghost . I keep going through the episode and I don't see it 

I think it was around the middle of the episode, where she was talking to the older woman in the waiting room. The woman was going on and on about her daughter Melanie and how Lena was lucky to have "five Melanies" since her other daughter didn't even bother to show up to see her comatose sister.

Why I remember the details of that conversation, I do not know. 

21 hours ago, omgsowicked said:

(Again, I gotta give kudos to Noah. I was hesitant at first but now I can't even watch the earlier seasons because Noah's my Jesus now)

I forgot to reply to this earlier, but I am in the exact same boat. I've been trying to watch old scenes with Jake T Austin as Jesus and now they make me cringe. I used to like Jake as Jesus as well. Now? I can't fathom why I ever did. He was just playing a smug, preppy-dressed prick in all of this scenes. There are scenes that I used to think were great acting moments that I now think would have been better performed with Noah. It's very impressive because not many can ace any type of recasting, and there have been fans who are still against Noah because he's not Jake, but for the most part, I've seen a distinct improvement. I enjoy that Noah brings something different to his version of Jesus because he is so much better. 

• Love 1

So the ghost woman trope weirdness was... fine (and really, in keeping with Lena's past weird experiences in hospitals), but what was with the ghost/angel telling Lena that her other daughter was a "monster"? 

Also: this show does not need a pregnancy scare.  Though I would believe that Mariana is dumb enough to believe that she could take a pregnancy test less than 24 hours after sex and have a reliable result.  Emma seems like she's too informed for that (even if still a teenager and still prone to pregnancy scares).  

There are condoms in the house, easily accessible, so if Mariana and Mat had sex with no protection, I will be really annoyed. It just seems like Mat's entire brand is "responsible, careful, mature guy" and Mariana knows what happened with Jesus and her ex-best friend and the unwanted pregnancy, doesn't she?

On the other hand, why would ultra responsible Emma and Jesus who has already knocked up a previous girlfriend by accident, be that stupid, either?

I know hormones and impulsivity are a thing, but seriously-- after an unwanted pregnancy not very long ago, and the whole conversation he and Emma had about getting tested for STDs, it just seems like Jesus would always have condoms with him, and Emma probably would, too.

The test could be for an incident more than 24 hours ago, though. You can buy one right away even if you're not planning to take it til later. Or you can buy it just to have it around, in case you need it.

I would think that if either of them thought they were pregnant or even maybe pregnant, they'd want Plan B, not a pregnancy test. I just don't see either of them considering carrying it to term right now, even with Jesus in a coma and that causing sentimental emotional crazy.

I kept wanting them to let Mariana visit Jesus, since he was dreaming that she died and feeling guilty about it. I hate that stuff about not letting anyone visit. I know why they do that, but it never makes sense to me. If someone is in critical condition, or in a coma from which they are having trouble waking up, I'd think loved ones nearby could help anchor them and bring them back or at least comfort them if they are aware. And that's even if there isn't the whole "I hope she's not dead because I couldn't save her" complex going on.

I was surprised that Jude responded to Brandon's criticism. I'll take it, though. Jude has seemed not like a kid who outgrew his cuteness, but like a kid who had a total personality change. Some moderation of that, would be appreciated.

There is so much more shit to hit the fan, I don't know if this show will ever settle down and just give us some regular non EVENT episodes. I hope they will. But there's still stuff about the fake divorce/house contract, and Stef still doesn't know about Brandon's SAT debacle. And neither mom knows about Jude's shenanigans. He's still banned from seeing his bf, right? So I suspect that part of the story isn't over, even if Jude's campaign of total sullenness might begin to be dialed back a little.

RE the car accident, I suspect it's not just about leaving the scene. We don't know if the driver who was hit survived. SHe looked very bad off when Callie checked her. I thought she might be dead at that point. Actually, I thought when we saw the woman who turned out to be a ghost at the bedside of a blonde, unconscious person, that it was the victim of the accident, and that she was going to die and the car accident was going to turn out to be not just about leaving the scene, but also about vehicular manslaughter or some such added charge.

The judge did say the charges against Callie were dubious and he was only holding her because of her history of flight. I think that finding a motive for her to crash the car as a passenger is a bit rough. The driver is responsible for the driving, and if a passenger is going to eb charged with deliberately overpowering him and crashing the car while she herself is in it, that's going to be really a stretch. What motive could she have? She'd need to be extremely batshit crazy to do that, or else extremely fucking scared of the driver and desperate to get out of there even at the cost of her life.

So I hope this turns into a side trip to show us more of the inside of juvie, and not actually a long story about how Callie is framed for a major crime and then branded a terrorist and sent to Guantanamo Bay.

I agree Noah is working out as newJesus. I think they are finally giving his character more layers because Noah can handle it. Gone are the days of "girlfriend drama only"-- now he gets to have fever dreams, comas, nearly fatal self-doubt, and all the other stuff this soapy show has been piling onto the rest of the cast!

• Love 1

posted this before. i think the implied idea with the ghost lady was jesus may have developed psychic powers from the crash crash and called the lady from the dead to comfort lena, developing psychic powers after a head injury is common i believe

Edited by hovegeta
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

There are condoms in the house, easily accessible, so if Mariana and Mat had sex with no protection, I will be really annoyed. It just seems like Mat's entire brand is "responsible, careful, mature guy" and Mariana knows what happened with Jesus and her ex-best friend and the unwanted pregnancy, doesn't she?

On the other hand, why would ultra responsible Emma and Jesus who has already knocked up a previous girlfriend by accident, be that stupid, either?

I know hormones and impulsivity are a thing, but seriously-- after an unwanted pregnancy not very long ago, and the whole conversation he and Emma had about getting tested for STDs, it just seems like Jesus would always have condoms with him, and Emma probably would, too.

The test could be for an incident more than 24 hours ago, though. You can buy one right away even if you're not planning to take it til later. Or you can buy it just to have it around, in case you need it.

Jesus didn't knock up a previous girlfriend. They just had unprotected sex and she had to take the morning after pill.

And if Marianna was worried about being pregnant from the previous night, she could just do the same thing. She and Emma both seem smart enough to know that. So if she actually is at risk for being pregnant there must have been an incident with someone else. That was presented as the first time she and Matt had sex, and the Wyatt incident was ages ago. She took a pregnancy test after that too.....so maybe she's paranoid.

I think the show would have shown if she had sex with someone else though. It seems like they are setting up Brandon to misunderstand things and get Matt to be distrustful of Marianna.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I think the show would have shown if she had sex with someone else though. It seems like they are setting up Brandon to misunderstand things and get Matt to be distrustful of Marianna.

Yeah, I just see this as a TV trope, one where, in this case, Brandon sees something and misinterprets the situation. We see Emma buying the pregnancy test in a brown bag. The next scene has Emma handing Mariana a brown bag. It's typical to think that it's the pregnancy test, only to have the situation reversed. It's why I'm confident that it's Emma's. I just want it to be negative because the last thing we need this season is a pregnancy. At this point, it could go either way and I'd like to have hope that it's negative, but we have Mustache Twirling Detective after Callie/Stef, we have Moody Jude, and we still have the Kyle case looming over our shoulders. It's hard to say if they'll avoid TV Trope #4 here, but I am leaning toward yes. I just don't really get why they'd need this plot and Mat/Mariana problems if it was negative. 

Oh this messy show. I love it, but it is messy. Like I forgot Stef didn't know about Julliard yet. When Lena told her they needed to talk and Stef brought up loans, then it hit me that yeah, Stef doesn't know. So, that's still coming for her. Geez. Way to pile on the crap. One kid is in the hospital, another is in juvie, another was taking her brother's ADHD meds, another was trespassing onto boats with his boyfriend while getting high, and the oldest one took the SAT's for somebody else and as a result, is barred from the prestigious school he just got into. At least for the year.

What was it Stef said in the pilot? Right. They're definitely not the Brady Bunch. 

I really really really hope the Kyle case is over and done with by the end of this season. The detective is bugging me since he clearly has the wrong person in custody but I guess it looks worse to admit that he fucked up than to pursue the real killer. Or is the woman's grandson paying him off or something?

If Callie and Aaron can figure out that the Kyle can't be the killer due to him being left handed, then the seasoned detectives on this show are either oblivious or dirty. 

The charges against Callie do seem dubious. I've never heard of a passenger getting charged with a hit-and-run. Regardless of whether he went to go get medical attention first, the driver should be held accountable and charged with leaving the scene of an accident. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, JaggedLilPill said:

The charges against Callie do seem dubious. I've never heard of a passenger getting charged with a hit-and-run. Regardless of whether he went to go get medical attention first, the driver should be held accountable and charged with leaving the scene of an accident. 

Yeah, he should be getting charged as well. If he needed medical attention, he should have called 911 himself and asked for paramedics to be sent, and then he should have waited. Also, no matter if Callie has run away before, she shouldn't be in max security juvie. She didn't kill anyone, for goodness sake. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

The timeline on this show is the worst. Based on watching all the seasons, I would have thought 4 years have passed already. But basically only a year and a half has passed since the pilot.. wtf?

With the twins' 15th birthday in 01x04 (in May) and their 16th birthday in 03x17 (in September/October) and Jude is now 14 and turned 13 in 01x16 (November), they're trying to say it's been closer to a year. But if the timeline was accurate, it would be 18-20 months.

The best thing to do is ignore it, because it's beyond screwed up.

Edited by ShortyMac

I gave up being unspoiled because re-watching the show on Netflix made me realize that I don't really like it so much anymore. 

Watching the last episodes available on Netflix made me think about the timeline. The year and a half seems correct to me. Then I realize that what bothers me a lot is the amount oft things that happened to ONE family, in such a short period of time and how terrible parents Lena and Stef are. Seriously.

They could have kept the main fostering/adoption theme and even - what I think is boring a - Brandon/Callie "love" (I cant with teenagers claiming that they "love" one another). They could have had other characters, not the family,  get some of the tragedy/blunders/troubles if they wanted to address certain topics. Or at least have them suffer the consequences of all the criminal/almost criminal activities all of them have engaged in.

Then my usual complaint that Callie is the most "fake-deep" character. She is a mess most of the time, but she can be the most understanding and smart kid, very mature and full of life experience that makes her so compassionate and blah blah...

Not realistic at all.

Edited by alexvillage
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, SparedTurkey said:

if the pregnancy test was for Mariana and considering the timeline on the show it would be Wyatt's which is great because - between Mariana's beautifulness and Wyatt's hair that would be an extremely pretty child!

It would be a pretty child, but didn't Mariana take a pregnancy test after that? Stef and Lena found it in the trash and thought it was Callie's because Mariana said she didn't sleep with Matt. How long ago was that in show time? It was the beginning of summer and the kids have been back to school long enough for Callie to change her senior project a zillion times.

1 hour ago, alexvillage said:

Watching the last episodes available on Netflix made me think about the timeline. The year and a half seems correct to me. Then I realize that what bothers me a lot is the amount oft things that happened to ONE family, in such a short period of time and how terrible parents Lena and Stuff are. Seriously.

It is an insane amount of things to happen to five families over the course of 10 years, let alone one family over the course of 1.5 years. Seriously, more crap has gone on than has happened in my family in my whole life.

If only 1 year has passed since the beginning of the show , then I must be beyonce because Jude looked like he was 7 in season 1 and looks 15 in this current season. Normally timelines don't piss me off but this show is ridiculous with it.

• Love 1

Growth spurts happen. That's the risk of a show that doesn't follow real time and uses kid actors. When puberty hit my brother, he went from a cute little kid to a hulking slab of dude in just a few months. I agree it's confusing and startling when watching the show, but I don't think there's much they could do about it unless they wanted to do a massive time jump, which I also think would have been a mistake-- it would have booted the older kids right out of high school and that wouldn't have worked for the show either.

• Love 1

Cannot stand the New Jude. I loved Judicorn and echo Brandon's comments about this teen version. 

Cannot stand the Callie storyline - FF though it makes the show go much faster. Looking forward to Callie coming home and getting out of this perpetual victim status. 

Love the TBI storyline. Haven't seen this kind of story done on television so I hope they do it justice. I also like how Mariana became aware of her role in Jesus's injury. This is the one storyline I am interested in right now. Also interested in the possibility that Emma could be pregnant - right as Jesus is waking up with deficits. 

Actually liked Brandon in this episode - being a big brother to Jude, erasing the "Congratulations Brandon" note on the blackboard. 

Loved seeing Mama Bear rush into the station. Of course, I FF at that point but...

• Love 1