Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Harry's Meat And Gatsby's Fete

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

I think former cast member Marisa Zanuck (at least, I think it was her) once said a person would only agree to be a part of and stay on this due to one or more of the following reasons: they need the money, they're trying to sell a product/build a brand/give their company or business a platform/etc, or they're just trying to expand their fame.

As opposed to what? It isn't exactly a humanitarian endeavor.  I am not doubting what you say but I think it is called a job.  SOmetimes these people are masters of the obvious.

• Love 11

How is it a fail? Those points were for what would motivate someone to agree to join the show and why they would stay on it. Not from Bravo's point of view on whether or not to keep them on the show.

Of course its a job. But that explains why you probably won't find any true high society women doing the show (not just this particular version of the franchise) just for fun, or just for the sake of doing the show. And my whole point anyway was just a reply to chick binewski's point about Lisa discussing why she did the show.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I'll agree that Eden is behaving like a self-appointed self-help guru, and she's being rather annoying about it.  But I still think that when Rinna told her that Kim could be on the brink of death during the shopping trip that it triggered something in Eden.  How could it not?  Her sister died from an overdose, right?  And with the way she brings up her sister so often, it's hard to believe she doesn't have unresolved feelings about her.  She even said that maybe she could have prevented what happened to her sister in one of her THs tonight.  

Maybe so - but she's been given plenty of chances to see that her thoughts on the matter are unwelcome, and all she can do is whine "#Nobody #cares #what #I #have #to #say."  Yes, that's right!  So shut it!  Ditto with the fact that Rinna started it - yes she did, but Eden's been given ample notice from the Richards sisters that it's over.  She says in her blog that now she's done (#done) but I'll believe it when I see it.

10 hours ago, Rina99 said:

Eden has managed to do something that I did not think was possible, have me on Kim Richard's side on something. She's so thirsty and obvious that it's physically painful to watch her. Eden has also managed to make Dorit seem less annoying in comparison. PK can still go, though.

Haha I was thinking that PK is probably thrilled that Eden is on the show so he's not the biggest idiot there :)

Also Eden, I did not care for your BBQ outfit.  #itwasstupid

Edited by princelina
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Those points were for what would motivate someone to agree to join the show and why they would stay on it. Not from Bravo's point of view on whether or not to keep them on the show.

Right but a wealthy person, who doesn't have anything to plug, and doesn't want to be famous isn't going to want to be on the show in the first place.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Those were really nice porta potties.  Those I could handle.

37 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Right, those porta potties??  The best I have seen.   Not a problem.

33 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

With the way Rinna and Eileen were bitching about it, I thought they were walking up to one of those big blue potties that smells like a sewer.  

I've been in those kinds of porta potties and they ARE nice. They look like little (I mean, *little*) "regular" bathrooms. Some even come stocked with (fake) flowers and mints.

Incidentally this week's ep title bugs me a bit. It's supposed to rhyme right? I'm mentally pronouncing it "Harry's Met and Gatsby's Feht" (though yes, I know some people pronounce "fete" as "feet" or "fayt" in the good old USA).

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 14
14 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

How is it a fail? Those points were for what would motivate someone to agree to join the show and why they would stay on it. Not from Bravo's point of view on whether or not to keep them on the show.

Of course its a job. But that explains why you probably won't find any true high society women doing the show (not just this particular version of the franchise) just for fun, or just for the sake of doing the show. And my whole point anyway was just a reply to chick binewski's point about Lisa discussing why she did the show.

Camille wasn't plugging anything.  I was not finding fault with your comment.  I am not sure what Eileen is plugging, product wise.  Rinna begged for the job and was repeatedly turned down.  So I view her comments which vary wildly from the best job ever to the easiest job and now that she is in the hot seat -just to promote.

Andy has said BH was an unusual casting project.  They wanted the show and zeroed in on Kyle.   I don't think the show was ever suppose to be about high society. 

• Love 2

Camille was plugging herself. As is Eileen, to a certain extent, and possibly even hoping to maybe get a few more eyeballs on Y&R. And given that Eileen isn't as well off by the standards of many of the HWs on this show, the extra income probably doesn't hurt as well. Rinna as well.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Camille was plugging herself. As is Eileen, to a certain extent, and possibly even hoping to maybe get a few more eyeballs on Y&R. And given that Eileen isn't as well off by the standards of many of the HWs on this show, the extra income probably doesn't hurt as well. Rinna as well.

It didn't work out too well for Camille.  I think PK nailed Eileen perfectly-one of the Muppets in the balcony.  There is no shortage of women who want to be on-some have little to offer personality wise.  As for Zanuck. . . she was in until tragically her FIL died and she missed the big Paris trip.  Same with Joyce, her father got sick and died during filming.

• Love 4

I know it didn't work out too well for Camille. Or Zanuck. But that's beside the point I was making. I do agree, I'm sure there are lots of women who, for the reasons I mentioned, would want to be on any of the HWs shows, the trick is Bravo needs to make sure to get the right set of women each season.

Then again, I still like Eileen, so what do I know lol

• Love 7

Can't wait for the Eden/Dorit experiment to be over.  I wonder if Eden and Brandi share a doctor in common.  Sometimes I hear/see shades of Brandi in Eden's voice/mouth.  Like the weird lisp thing Brandi developed when she overdid her lips.

• Love 5

I've always been team Kyle but she's bringing it this season. I love the flashback to Eden's long hugs where she just rolls her eyes and walks away. Eden's exhausting so it's nice to see Kyle approach her with humor right now. I hope she'll eventually get the hint.

Erika is surprisingly fun this season too. I think the Lymes Queen (her name escapes me now) was bringing her down before. I have to agree that Harry's meat looked so yummy! Also, I was shocked that she really nailed the audition. I'm not sure if they cut around her bad takes but she was great. Dare I say she make a better actress than pop star?

• Love 24
3 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

There's something really off about Eden - sitting talking with Dorit at the beginning of the episode, she's weirdly intent.  No blinking.  No affect.  Claiming that Kim has a problem because she wasn't paying attention to anything Eden was saying and "that's a red flag".  Eden's really on a mission here (in her own mind, anyway).  And exactly what do people have to do to make Eden feel that they are kind and welcoming?  Also, if Eden is just a "friend", why is she getting so much air time?

Eden is her own special snowflake isn't she?!  WTF?!  The way she approached Kyle and Kim at the Gatsby party was the creepiest thing I've seen on these shows.  I always thought Kim was awkward in social situations, but Eden makes Kim look...NORMAL!  I guess she's not going to be satisfied until she drives Kim back to drinking.  And I loved the way LisaV pretty much threatened her if she doesn't leave Kyle alone.  Way to ride-or-die Lisa!  I also cracked up when all of the ladies one by one left the area when she was talking to Kyle at the barbecue.  Guess everyone was reading the look on Kyle's face and were thinking, "Watch out...she's going to blow!!!"  LOL!

• Love 24
9 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

I know it didn't work out too well for Camille. Or Zanuck. But that's beside the point I was making. I do agree, I'm sure there are lots of women who, for the reasons I mentioned, would want to be on any of the HWs shows, the trick is Bravo needs to make sure to get the right set of women each season.

Then again, I still like Eileen, so what do I know lol

What I like about Eileen is she is loyal.  What I don't like about Eileen is she is loyal to a fault.  I think she would be so much better if she got a RInnaectomy.  I truly believe she would so much more interesting if she wasn't always running interference for Rinna.  I would like to see more of Eileen and her husband with other couples on the show.  Vinnie is so very charming. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Sai said:

PK won major points for me tonight when he compared Eileen and LisaR to the two old muppet guys in the balcony.  Bwahahaha!!!!  They were so insulted.  Heehee.

I may be one of the few but I don't mind PK.

• Love 21
18 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

I've been in those kinds of porta potties and they ARE nice. They look like little (I mean, *little*) "regular" bathrooms. Some even come stocked with (fake) flowers and mints.

Incidentally this week's ep title bugs me a bit. It's supposed to rhyme right? I'm mentally pronouncing it "Harry's Met and Gatsby's Feht" (though yes, I know some people pronounce "fete" as "feet" or "fayt" in the good old USA).

Did you see Kim Z looking over the various types of portable potties on Don't be Tardy for the Wedding. Some of them are fantastic looking and frankly not that expensive to rent. 

The rhyme was completely whack.

Didn't Harry Hamlin do the carpentry for Rinna's store too? He can cook, bake, act, and build things.

I really liked Dorit and PK tonight. Dorit's workout was ridiculous and PK calling Eileen and Rinna Statler and Waldorf was dead on.

The party looked great, but Kim looked a mess and moved like an 80 year old.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, rustyspigot said:

Why does ghost Camille keep showing up and talking like oxygen is being deprived from her brain as she speaks this season? Camille. Bring back your "The Grind" MTV dance persona.

Camille is a cancer survivor.  I'm not sure if that has anything to do with her speech, but I would imagine she's on some sort of medicinal regimen to keep her cancer free.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, ivygirl said:

hat party looked like so much fun. Everyone looked great. Kim actually looked ok and seemed better than I've seen her.

The first thing I thought when I saw Kim was 1. she just threw on a frock and wacked on a headband for this party and 2. She's had work done recently and 3. that sore leg is getting a lot of scripts mileage, given last week there was a full moon and this week there is hardly any moon.

Haven't read the comments yet, but Kim also mentioned to Camille that she was going somewhere next week (god FORBID Mexico, please don't let her be on the trip, she didn't say Mexico, she said rehab, right?!) and that explains the shiny puffy face and her hair just hanging around it for her sister's bigdeal Gatsby party.

Eden continues to be an intrusive flake with no SL except her overinvestment in the Richard's sisters and I hope all that hits Lisar upside the head very soon. Eden is responsible (along with Lisar) for reanimating Kim and I hope she likes the reception she's getting for it from fans of the franchise. Go away Eden, glad Kim called her out for deviating from the responsible recovery plan. I don't want to hear 'Kim's behavior' ever come out of Eden's face again. Or anyone's. 

Again, LVP doesn't seem to be filming at all except for group settings and the obligatory meet and greet one on one with the new hos. But she's making sure we all know she's Kyle's bestie. Interesting. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Thumper said:

Okay, I don't read the blogs but I too wonder if Eden is for real.  Did the producers send her in as a plant to stir up trouble?  Otherwise, I can't believe how clueless she is in reading the room.

This is exactly what I asked last week. It's looking more and more obvious, she has no organic friendship with any of the hos, she's down as being Lisar's friend, but they hadnt met before we saw them at the loopy lunch when we first met Eden. Why can't we get another ballsy Adrienne Maloof type ho on this show, they must be a dime a dollar in BH?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Eden's new addiction -- hashtags

12 hashtags this episode to add to last week's total on the hashtag counter (I kept count last week, I'll add them)

Did you know that before hashtags became a hashtagThing, Eden Sassoon was addicted to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's one of those people. I'm counting them also. Eden is very frustrated in this blog post, so she's reverted for emphasis to adding exclamation marks. There are 13 of those in this blog post alone. 

Did you know that Eden has 'mad respect' for LVP. We'll see...

• Love 6

No music playing when there are already many guests there, heaters not working, and ice sculpture not located where guests can see it..... wonder how much they paid the party planner .... whose job it is to make sure that does NOT happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Extra !!!!!s in order to mock Eden at the same time #outrage)

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
Took the chance to include Eden in my snark
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, AndySmith said:

the trick is Bravo needs to make sure to get the right set of women each season.

My expectation of this show is that it will be cast with women who live a glamorous high end lifestyle in their particular city. That's the bill of goods we were sold once they refined OC. It was supposed to be 'behind the gates' of the gated communities. Obviously the immediate problem is that real wealth whispers and society women are not going to expose themselves in such a vulgar manner as to appear on the stage participate in a reality tv show, a woman should have her name in the paper only 3 times: when she's born/married and dies (I may have misquoted that).

BH is different in that it is a show business community. The wealth was traditionally built around the industry. So Eileen and yes, to a lesser extent, Rinna (I HATE admitting that) and Kyle are show business royalty in that town. LVP has her restaurants, Eden's father was Vidal, Erika is a performer and married to a litigator, Camille married to Kelsey (not for long) and also a producer. BH is authentic in that respect. Rinna is the neediest and thirstiest of the bunch, though. 

Tinsley Mortimer is a cautionary tale. She was a legitimate member of NYC high society and was shunned after she starred in a reality show about her life. She lost her husband, her friends, her position in society and has recently been in the papers in Miami because of a bad relationship with an abusive boyfriend. How dreadful. And next season of RHONYC, she's Sonja's roomie and the new ho on the show. 

I agree with what you originally said and were getting at: the women they are casting now are doing it because they are schilling something, whether it's themselves, a product or a brand. So as an audience, we don't feel we are authentically being given that glimpse behind the curtain that was the original concept. Atlanta has got way out of hand and is now so improbable it's got to be scripted and in some cases, we are actually being misinformed (Kenya's fake boyfriends, Sheree's uninhabited 'chateau' etc). The key is the 'Real' in 'Real Housewives'.

Edited by queenjen
  • Love 14

OH joy, I actually really liked everyone this episode, of course except Eden, who continues to be awful. 

Love that they are throwing in all the funny TH scenes with Kyle. Girl looks great and is having a great season thus far - I think her best yet. 

Loved, loved, loved LVP letting Eden know it would be best to leave Kyle alone. This is the LVP that I like. The strong, secure gal who would herself loathe the whining victim she can often become. I will take this LVP all day long. 

Eileen - well, I loved her 3 years ago, last year, and continue to this year. I think she is just fierce and love most everything about her. Mostly though I confess to missing some of what she says because I am always struck by her beauty. She is simply stunning. Love her friendship with Rinna, and especially with Erika. 

Erika has completely won me over after last season where I didn't have two shits to give about her. I hate all of her performance bullshit simply because it is not interesting to me, but I love pretty much everything else about her. Girl is really charming one-on-one, which I think is when she is most comfortable. She looked absolutely amazing at the party. 

Dorit - I thought she was just charming in this episode. Showed real awareness in her conversation with Eden. I still detest her husband, but am starting to understand what the others like about Dorit. 

Rinna - love her relationship with Harry Hamlin. Love that she calls him Harry Hamlin (I have always referred to my hubby by his first and his last name). Love that they have been in their home for 30 years. It looks like a real family home. Someone is cooking in that kitchen because it is not a show kitchen, and while too cluttered for my taste (cannot stand that much stuff on my countertops), it all looks very cozy to me. Harry can make me a pie, or give me some meat any day....

Eden - what to say? I've never seen a crazier bitch on any of the HW franchises.  She makes Carlton look normal. And yes, I can see that she is going to throw Rinna under the bus next week. Fine. I get it. Rinna should have never said what she did about Kim, and certainly not about Kyle. They have every right to be mad at her for saying it. But the idea that this is why Eden is going all "Single Sober Female" on Kim and Kyle is nuts. So what that Rinna told her something in private? She didn't tell it to her in a group. I don't think she intended for Eden to become unhinged. It's all going to become about the "enabler" comment, or about how Kim is certain to die soon. Which means that Eden's true nuttiness gets forgotten. Before Rinna ever mentioned the stuff with Kyle or Kim, dopey Eden was talking about how rude Kyle was to her at her party. She was already having a "feeling" about Kyle just based on that one party. And we shouldn't forget that Kim (and Kyle) have both said that Eden freaked them out and made Kim feel defensive on that very first meeting, when she accused Kim of "attacking" Rinna. Again, all before Rinna had said the stupid shit. And she keeps going on and on about how rude Kim has been to her. WTF? Girl is crazy, girl has a dead sister that use to be friends with Kim, girl watched past seasons and knew what she wanted her narrative to be about. Too bad for Rinna she was still mad at Kim and let her loose lips get her into trouble.  

• Love 17

Shit is getting good.  I'm all about gangsta LVP putting her foot up someone's ass.  I'm all about Kyle and LVP being zany ride or die BFFs.  I'm especially all about Rinna getting thrown under the bus.  I'm rubbing my hands in glee in anticipation.  I thought Erika looked amazing at the party.  I liked LVP's look too, but i think that might just be because I like her with her hair up.  I loved Kim saying she could be friends with Eileen if Eileen learned to MYOB.  I'm not amused by Rinna's pill jokes or her stupid daughters.  Overall a good episode and I think the first one I've been able to pay full attention to in forever.

• Love 23
21 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

Am I remembering this wrong or did Eden give an empty jar as a gift to Harry and Lisa? And she wanted to put chlorophyll or chloroform in it?!?!  

And something about how much inspiration they have given her.... or 'something' they have given her (can't recall exactly what she said) ....she doesn't even know them!

Ps. How do you stop posts merging?

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
I want to write a separate post
  • Love 3

From LisaR's Blog:

"Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to hang out with my favorite scene stealer and 7th housewife, Lola."

She's such an ass.  She's know damn well if there's a dog who's going to be a housewife dog it's going to be Bambi or River.  She really does try so hard to be relevant.  

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Sai said:

"Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to hang out with my favorite scene stealer and 7th housewife, Lola."

I wonder who cleaned up the dog crap after Lola let Eden know that she only had 1 shit to give for her conversation.  Lol!

• Love 15

I do get a laugh,  with the fact that Kyle's party planner is a very large overweight sweaty man, lol.  I guess I should be ticked at myself for being so closed minded.  When I think of party planners that is not what I think of,  and that is my bad. 

I do always love Kyle's parties. They always look fun and we'll planned. Ok,  maybe not her non BBQ, barbecue. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, queenjen said:

My expectation of this show is that it will be cast with women who live a glamorous high end lifestyle in their particular city. That's the bill of goods we were sold once they refined OC. It was supposed to be 'behind the gates' of the gated communities. Obviously the immediate problem is that real wealth whispers and society women are not going to expose themselves in such a vulgar manner as to appear on the stage participate in a reality tv show, a woman should have her name in the paper only 3 times: when she's born/married and dies (I may have misquoted that).

BH is different in that it is a show business community. The wealth was traditionally built around the industry. So Eileen and yes, to a lesser extent, Rinna (I HATE admitting that) and Kyle are show business royalty in that town. LVP has her restaurants, Eden's father was Vidal, Erika is a performer and married to a litigator, Camille married to Kelsey (not for long) and also a producer. BH is authentic in that respect. Rinna is the neediest and thirstiest of the bunch, though. 

Tinsley Mortimer is a cautionary tale. She was a legitimate member of NYC high society and was shunned after she starred in a reality show about her life. She lost her husband, her friends, her position in society and has recently been in the papers in Miami because of a bad relationship with an abusive boyfriend. How dreadful. And next season of RHONYC, she's Sonja's roomie and the new ho on the show. 

I agree with what you originally said and were getting at: the women they are casting now are doing it because they are schilling something, whether it's themselves, a product or a brand. So as an audience, we don't feel we are authentically being given that glimpse behind the curtain that was the original concept. Atlanta has got way out of hand and is now so improbable it's got to be scripted and in some cases, we are actually being misinformed (Kenya's fake boyfriends, Sheree's uninhabited 'chateau' etc). The key is the 'Real' in 'Real Housewives'.

The original concept was about networking and these working women.  So schilling has always been part of the show from Vicki Gunvalson's in home insurance agency. to Jeana's real estate career.  Bethenny from NY has always been about her brand, by the time BH rolled around, the businesses weren't so much home grown, you had Maloof whose family had a major interest in a NBA team (she later sold for $500 million), interest in a major Las Vegas hotel, which permitted the ladies great sets at a Jay Z concert, LVPs multiple businesses.  I don't know who keeps making up all these rules for casting and real wealth, some are showier about their money, and some are fake about their money.  Charities still take the RH money, even if they have been filmed on a reality show.

I agree about Atlanta, their problem is the money came from the show instead of the wealth being there so much of the drama is rooted in opportunities, and just trying to hold on to their peach.  (Kandi is the exception.)

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, imjagain said:

I do get a laugh,  with the fact that Kyle's party planner is a very large overweight sweaty man, lol.  I guess I should be ticked at myself for being so closed minded.  When I think of party planners that is not what I think of,  and that is my bad. 

I do always love Kyle's parties. They always look fun and we'll planned. Ok,  maybe not her non BBQ, barbecue. 

I love that Kyle has always used this same party plannning guy, and that there always seem to be a lot of people at Kyle's  parties. They never look like just Bravo parties, but actual parties. 

• Love 19

Rinna bordered on infuriating on WWHL, or in Rinna terms enraging.  She has this incredibly smug attitude that somehow she is not a pot stirrer, that she moved on after shopping with Eden that day and dropping the bombshells that put Eden in motion.   I guess she forgot she facilitated the lunch with Kyle and Eden.  So she washed her hands of Eden and she loves Kyle. After seeing a clip of Kyle saying, "Rinna needs to have her fucking lips sewn shut, all is good because she sent Kyle an emoji with zippered lips.  Apparently, RInna is unable discern sewing something shut is very different that a zipper-which can be opened and closed at will.   

Rinna was also asked how Harry Hamlin would have handled PK's attack.  PK didn't attack he proffered an plausible explanation based on most likely intentionally skewed information RInna put out about she and Eileen in regards to their differences with LVP.  Timelines are important.  Hamlin would have most likely provided clarity.  Which is why Kim and Kyle are fuming with Rinna.  RInna knew nothing of what was going on with  Kim's recovery and was totally irresponsible to call Kyle an enabler.  Opinion doesn't cut it when you make unsubstantiated   claim.  Moving on doesn't count when you are the one who pulls the trigger. 

Eileen was disappointing other than her dress, she just sits there.  The dress was stellar.  It was this one in black http://houseofzhivago.com/product/revenge-dress/  Ironically called the Revenge dress.

• Love 11

Eden being a little presidential when polls aren't in her favor: 

Her response-I'm calling BS.  (Eden was in last place Dorit won by a seven point margin to Eileen with Rinna and Eden a couple of points apart in the cellar. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Rinna bordered on infuriating on WWHL, or in Rinna terms enraging.

I got this smug and arrogant vibe from Rinna on WWHL.  She kept trying to throw Eden under the bus about Kyle being called an enabler but thankfully the clip was shown with her saying it to Eden.  I don't know why she thinks planting the bomb and then running makes her innocent of the destruction it leaves behind.  She's such an uber asshole, I can't with her anymore.

PK looked even uglier standing next to Mauricio at the Gatsby party.  He should really avoid filming with Mauricio or Harry Hamlin in the shot.  He started to remind me of Quasimodo.

2 hours ago, English Teacher said:

Am I remembering this wrong or did Eden give an empty jar as a gift to Harry and Lisa? And she wanted to put chlorophyll or chloroform in it?!?!

Bitch crazy!

• Love 12

Rinna's BBQ looked really cute, more my speed than any of the previous "BBQs". I liked how hands on HH was with the food. 

But Eden....STAHP. Ohmygosh, she's exhausting. I don't know how any one puts up with her in real life. "Kim's behavior was really closed off". She doesn't even know you!!!! I swear, Eden thought she would swoop in as this addiction expert and the Richards sisters would just flock to her, begging for her help and support and insights. She is really delusional. 

And I see you, Dorit. You suggest Eden bring up her issues with Kim to Kyle (why???) and then have to dash off to an appointment your nannies probably usually attend. Yea, I see you. There were a couple times this episode where I noticed her subtly dropping hints about what people had said about each other. Stealth, that one. 

At any rate, the dog pooping was more interesting than whatever Eden was prattling on about. Kyle has the patience of a saint, because I would not tolerate her BS for one more second. 

Also, Eden, your hugs are not okay. I just have to reiterate - STAHP. 

LOVED when they were all just chilling in the limo and all of a sudden Mauricio pops up, "WHO said you're an enabler???" People can say what they want about that marriage, but in my eyes - Mauricio adores his wife. 

I'm over Gatsby, but the party looked nice. I thought Rinna looked like Little Orphan Annie, and the dark, severe bobs don't really work so well on older women with very thin faces. Just saying. 

• Love 24
5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Rinna's BBQ looked really cute, more my speed than any of the previous "BBQs". I liked how hands on HH was with the food. 

But Eden....STAHP. Ohmygosh, she's exhausting. I don't know how any one puts up with her in real life. "Kim's behavior was really closed off". She doesn't even know you!!!! I swear, Eden thought she would swoop in as this addiction expert and the Richards sisters would just flock to her, begging for her help and support and insights. She is really delusional. 

And I see you, Dorit. You suggest Eden bring up her issues with Kim to Kyle (why???) and then have to dash off to an appointment your nannies probably usually attend. Yea, I see you. There were a couple times this episode where I noticed her subtly dropping hints about what people had said about each other. Stealth, that one. 

At any rate, the dog pooping was more interesting than whatever Eden was prattling on about. Kyle has the patience of a saint, because I would not tolerate her BS for one more second. 

Also, Eden, your hugs are not okay. I just have to reiterate - STAHP. 

LOVED when they were all just chilling in the limo and all of a sudden Mauricio pops up, "WHO said you're an enabler???" People can say what they want about that marriage, but in my eyes - Mauricio adores his wife. 

I'm over Gatsby, but the party looked nice. I thought Rinna looked like Little Orphan Annie, and the dark, severe bobs don't really work so well on older women with very thin faces. Just saying. 

Didn't Vidal Sassoon, according to Eden invent the bob?  Interesting because the Gatsby era was 1925 and Vidal Sassoon was born in 1928.  The continuing BS of Eden Sassoon.

I was listening to Eden Sassoon on AfterBuzz, as she broke down the episode.  For someone who is so helpful, her first response about Kim, is instead of helping her down the stairs she should have made her crawl.  So another BS persona from Eden Sassoon.  She spent an inordinate amount of time talking about the Reunion.  Maybe she doesn't realize her part could be minimal.  The four anchors got her off her recovery and New Age nonsense long enough to ask about her relationships and contact  with the others and no one is talking to her. HAHA and yet she prattled on about next season and what she would do differently.  She pretty much feels like road kill because of Rinna.

Eden has been part of three previous reality shows that failed to make it to air.  Might explain her desperation.  She claims she was approached and asked Josh Flagg about doing the show and he said, " you know Lisa Rinna."  So their stories just don't jive.  She made it sound as if she highly sought after.  To her credit, she did not say (this round) anything about production pushing an agenda.

She also said she doesn't like parties where people are having fun she would rather sit around and have deep conversations about her sobriety and journey.   She had a difficult time getting people to engage with her at Dorit's party.  Apparently she overlooked the part where it was PK's birthday and Boy George there to celebrate the day.   She talked about her mental illness and apparently it presents with all kinds of delusion and really high expectations of others to accommodate her. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, swankie said:

And I loved the way LisaV pretty much threatened her if she doesn't leave Kyle alone.  Way to ride-or-die Lisa! 

That was great. I'm not always the biggest LVP fan, but I adored her in that moment. She really has a way with words, and I love how she made the threat while not seeming nasty or bitchy. She just had that twinkle in her eye, but you knew she was serious. Eden was, for once, speechless. 

2 hours ago, English Teacher said:

LOL! Yes. It said "LOVE" on it. So they're supposed to fill it with things they love? Rinna seemed just as confused as we are. And yes, there was a mention of chloro something......I just finished reading a detective novel where the "bad guy" chloroformed his victims, so the Hamlins might want to watch their back. Don't open the jar inside!

• Love 16
23 minutes ago, swankie said:

I got this smug and arrogant vibe from Rinna on WWHL.  She kept trying to throw Eden under the bus about Kyle being called an enabler but thankfully the clip was shown with her saying it to Eden.  I don't know why she thinks planting the bomb and then running makes her innocent of the destruction it leaves behind.  She's such an uber asshole, I can't with her anymore.

PK looked even uglier standing next to Mauricio at the Gatsby party.  He should really avoid filming with Mauricio or Harry Hamlin in the shot.  He started to remind me of Quasimodo.

Bitch crazy!

Isn't that exactly what she was accusing LVP of last year? 

• Love 15
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Erika has completely won me over after last season where I didn't have two shits to give about her. I hate all of her performance bullshit simply because it is not interesting to me, but I love pretty much everything else about her. Girl is really charming one-on-one, which I think is when she is most comfortable. She looked absolutely amazing at the party. 

[snip]

Eden - what to say? I've never seen a crazier bitch on any of the HW franchises.  She makes Carlton look normal. And yes, I can see that she is going to throw Rinna under the bus next week. Fine. I get it. Rinna should have never said what she did about Kim, and certainly not about Kyle. They have every right to be mad at her for saying it. But the idea that this is why Eden is going all "Single Sober Female" on Kim and Kyle is nuts. So what that Rinna told her something in private? She didn't tell it to her in a group. I don't think she intended for Eden to become unhinged. It's all going to become about the "enabler" comment, or about how Kim is certain to die soon. Which means that Eden's true nuttiness gets forgotten. Before Rinna ever mentioned the stuff with Kyle or Kim, dopey Eden was talking about how rude Kyle was to her at her party. She was already having a "feeling" about Kyle just based on that one party. And we shouldn't forget that Kim (and Kyle) have both said that Eden freaked them out and made Kim feel defensive on that very first meeting, when she accused Kim of "attacking" Rinna. Again, all before Rinna had said the stupid shit. And she keeps going on and on about how rude Kim has been to her. WTF? Girl is crazy, girl has a dead sister that use to be friends with Kim, girl watched past seasons and knew what she wanted her narrative to be about. Too bad for Rinna she was still mad at Kim and let her loose lips get her into trouble.  

Good observation about Erika being better one on one. It may tie in to what she said this ep about how long it takes for her to trust people. It certainly didn't help her trust level to have Yo in her ear all last season.

Re: Rinna & Eden -- Its true that Eden is fuller capable of being nosy, overly persistent, unable to "read" people accurately, and sensitive to imagined slights all on her own. I don't think anyone will forget that ;) However, IMO Rinna told her that stuff because she knew it would throw Eden into hyperdrive. And it's also IMO hypocritical of her to criticize Eden for bringing this stuff up at a party, because Rinna hasn't precisely kept all her commentary about others' behavior off screen/in one on one conversation in the past.

3 hours ago, English Teacher said:

Chlorophyll. You can add it to water and it's supposed to give you health benefits.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I'm not amused by Rinna's pill jokes or her stupid daughters.  Overall a good episode and I think the first one I've been able to pay full attention to in forever.

I know, what's up w/that?  Last week we had Xanax in the smoothies & a baggie full of pills (I'd never do that;  I'd be scared shitless that I'd accidentally take the wrong one!  Ambien, calcium, who's to say?)

This week she doesn't know her way around the kitchen but she knows where her pills are?  Suddenly she's Judy Garland or something?  I don't get it, that's not what I'd make "my thing" if I were her

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Didn't Vidal Sassoon, according to Eden invent the bob?  Interesting because the Gatsby era was 1925 and Vidal Sassoon was born in 1928.  The continuing BS of Eden Sassoon.

I think he's known for reviving the bob, not inventing it.  He upgraded it and made it popular again.  For a while, almost every woman in Hollywood was sporting it.

• Love 4