Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Chapter Fifty-Two

Jane finds it difficult to stop meddling in other people’s relationships, especially Xo’s and Rafael’s. Rogelio makes an unorthodox agreement with his matchmaker. Petra goes to great lengths to find out if Rafael is working against her.  Michael, with Jane’s help, makes an important life decision. Meanwhile, Rafael gets some upsetting news that leaves him reeling. 

Promo:

If we're supposed to think Rafael was in the wrong with Petra, I don't buy it, seeing as he was acting to stop her from taking all his money for a bullshit reason.

Speaking as a presently unemployed lawyer, Michael, it's a saturated market right now.  Though with his background he'd probably get a lot of interest both from DA's offices and defense firms.

• Love 6

Why couldn't Michael be an investigator for a law firm or for the DA's office, or a private investigator? That seems like an easier solution than going to law school when you already are living on a budget.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 14

I'm so over this back and forth with Rafael and Petra. Petra was wrong to try to blackmail Rafael after her ordeal and she's wrong now to be mad when he was only defending himself. Is there no other storyline for her to have? I feel like she's always cutting off her nose to spite her face.

I'm disappointed in Rafael's storyline with Catalina. Why does he always have to be in a relationship? And why is her character necessary? She only brings more unnecessary drama atm. And why can't he keep a secret? I feel like he hasn't stopped telling people he's not really his father's biological child since he found out.

I don't like Xo's new, old boyfriend nor do I appreciate her proprietary attitude towards Rogelio. I'm glad she decided to get over herself and support him.

I'm actually pretty happy with Rogelio's baby storyline. Darcy seems to be a good match for him.

The anvils just keep dropping with Jane and Michael. We'll see if anything comes from it.

I know it's a telenovela but this show's constant drama is exhausting.

• Love 2

I am suspicious about the desk duty for Michael. Why can't he sit in on interrogations? If he can't even do that, he won't be able to sell cars, either, or do anything that goes beyond sitting very still and quiet. I think he should get a physical from a second source.

• Love 2
(edited)

I was totally Team Jane on the Bruce issue. First of all, Xiomara was judgmental as fuck when Jane started dating Rafael, so turn about is fair play. Xiomara doesn't get to pull the "I'm your mom so I'm allowed to judge you and your choices but you can't judge mine" card. Secondly, Jane has legit reasons to be suspicious of Bruce (unlike Xiomara who disliked Rafael only because she loved Michael and assumed that Rafael was an asshole because he wasn't dirt poor). His married ass cheated on his wife. He and Xiomara broke up FOURTEEN TIMES. He has hurt Xo time after time. There is no reason why Jane should think that this time will be any different, despite Xiomara's protestations. Even if I get on Michael's "don't meddle" train, that doesn't mean Jane has to go out of her way to be nice to Bruce. She is allowed to not like him.

Jane meeting Arnaud put her in an awkward position, but when Rafael said that Jane should have told him (instead of Jane telling Catalina to tell him), why didn't Jane just say that she was making an effort not to meddle in their relationship after what happened with the jewelry/money in the purse situation?

I'm glad Jane discouraged Michael from becoming a car salesman. He's never shown any interest in it before and his motivation was, "It's a job." As for his idea that it's steady money, it's commission based so it's not really steady money.

Heh, but sorry, Michael, you are not exempt from dinner with Bruce in my book. You are Jane's husband, so awkward family dinners are part of the job now.

Law school is SO expensive. If Michael truly believes that being a lawyer will make him happy, then fine, but it sounds like he thinks being a lawyer is all about being in a courtroom, which is not always the case. He should at least go talk to someone, anyone, who is a lawyer (I'm sure Rafael and Rogelio could point him towards at least twenty different lawyers without any problem). When Jane suggested he look into some of the other jobs recommended by the aptitude test (PI, security consultant, FBI analyst) he specifically said that those were just desk jobs that would make him wish he was out in the field doing investigative work. Does he not realize that being a lawyer involves A LOT of sitting behind a desk? I don't know why he was so quick to dismiss being a PI. That would be the most similar to his previous job.

Maybe Michael should create a YouTube channel for Mr. Let It Bee and then he can get his own childen's show!

I wish they would tell us what aspect of his physical exam he didn't pass that requires him to be on desk duty. It obviously isn't something that's physically preventing him from being an active father since he can walk and move around. Is it something he can work on or is it something permanent? Like if he would just chill out for a few more months, is it possible that he will pass whatever it is he didn't pass this time around and then they would take him off desk duty?

I'm so bored of Catalina. I want her to go away very soon. I don't care where she goes - New York, Europe with her old husband who's 34th in line for...something (the throne of Monaco?). Just away. I can't take her smug face anymore.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 9

If the show wants us to hate Bruce they made a huge mistake casting Ricardo Chavira, everyone's favorite husband from Desperate Housewives. And this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I like Xo and Ro better as friends than as romantic partners. I like Darci for Rogelio because she's spunky and unimpressed with his stardom.

To me, stand-up comedy is one of the least sexy things a man can do, so I was impressed that Jane was able to be so supportive of Michael's practices and club appearance.

I've lost interest in the umpteenth "intrigue at the Marbella" storyline. Fresh storyline, please!

• Love 2

I agree that becoming a lawyer seems like a bad idea on many fronts. I thought they were going to go with Private Investigator, since that job is pretty much Michael's skill set, without the badge. I too think that not being allowed to sit in on the interrogation was strange. I'm no cop, but my assumption is that desk duty isn't just answering phones and filling out paperwork.

I did like that they showed that Xo had acted badly during the relationship as well. And though his daughter was still hard to like, at least they gave her a solid reason to hate Xo.

The bee sock serious conversation and the laughing baby were so cute.

I love the actress Rogelio's planning to have a baby with. I am currently watching the Netflix One Day At A Time, where she's the lead, and she's so good.

I already tired of Jane's cousin and she hasn't even been on very long.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, possibilities said:

I am suspicious about the desk duty for Michael. Why can't he sit in on interrogations? If he can't even do that, he won't be able to sell cars, either, or do anything that goes beyond sitting very still and quiet. I think he should get a physical from a second source.

This. I was also wondering how long he would have to wait to take (and potentially pass) another physical. Failing a physical once does not mean you are never fit again for that kind of duty. But nevertheless, it shouldn't affect his being able to sit in on interrogations. It seems to me that most of season 1 and 2 was him in an office, working on cases. Also, I'd like to know the reason why he didn't pass his physical? He seems fine?

6 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

Jane and Michael are. The. Cutest.

This. Cutest couple on TV right now.(Let's get bizzzzzzzzzzy...) And how friggin' cute is he with Mateo? 

Maybe Michael should create a YouTube channel for Mr. Let It Bee and then he can get his own childen's show!

Haha, I actually tweeted something similar! I said Mr. Bee and Michael should have a call in advice show. Even as an adult, I might all into something like that...adulting is hard. I could use Mr. Bee's advise. 

Count me in with those who really like Ro and Darci! She is sassy, and doesn't put up with nonsense, but in a caring way. And once again, Ro gets some of the funniest lines of the show. (Man bun!) I do think they would make great co-parents, and so I hope the show actually goes through with that regardless of how a (soon to be failed?) romantic relationship might complicate things. Kind of don't mind Xo and Bruce either. Though I'm pretty sure they're all just blocks in the road for the eventual reconciliation of Xo and Ro, which I'm also more than OK with! 

I already tired of Jane's cousin and she hasn't even been on very long.

Yes, please go away Catalina. There is enough going on in this show, we really don't need her too. Pointless character, pointless storyline. It does kind of seem like they're grasping at a lot of straws this season, with her, Rafael not being a Solano, etc...

I actually loved Michael's awkward comedy act, and of course Mr. Bee. Brett Dier is really, REALLY funny, and he doesn't often have a chance to showcase that on this show, so tonight was great. His Dame Judy Dench impression was especially funny. 

Spoiler

All of these spoilers of Jane becoming a widow later this season had me sure that I would stop watching (even though I literally just started watching...finished all of Season 1, 2, and 3 to date in less than a month - thank you Netflix!), but I do think this show might enough to keep me watching. But I adore the character of Michael, him and Jane are an amazing couple, and Brett Dier is fantastic. 

I'm not sure I enjoy this whole "Petra taking a turn for the incredibly evil" again. But I get it. And there seems to have a been a lack of Petra this season, so I'll take it. Yael is great! 

What happened to Anna and Elsa? Seriously? Also, the kid(s?) who plays Mateo is so cute, it's crazy.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, AdorkableSars said:

This. I was also wondering how long he would have to wait to take (and potentially pass) another physical. Failing a physical once does not mean you are never fit again for that kind of duty. But nevertheless, it shouldn't affect his being able to sit in on interrogations. It seems to me that most of season 1 and 2 was him in an office, working on cases. Also, I'd like to know the reason why he didn't pass his physical? He seems fine?

My thought about this since we found out about Michael not passing is that it's more psychological. I don't know if it's true or if they'll explore it, but I thought that his body was trying to tell him that he isn't ready to go back out on the field and he's still subconsciously dealing with the trauma of the shooting, even if he may not know it. 

But yeah, he should still be allowed to sit in on interrogations, I would think. But I guess because it would involve getting directly involved with a suspect and it technically involves detective work, maybe that's why? I do assume that if Michael had not quit, he would have been allowed to take the physical again at some undisclosed time, probably a couple of months down the road. I doubt he would have been at desk duty forever. 

Michael and Jane are really one of the cutest couples of TV this year for me. They really work well, and he's so good with Mateo. Did you see the little boy's face light up when Michael/Brett was using the sock puppet? The kid actor, Aiden, just seems to adore Brett Dier. Plus, Brett Dier hit all his comedic moments. Even if Michael's comedy act was awkward, it wasn't the worst ever. I actually enjoyed most of his impressions, and I love that Jane helped him to overcome his stage fright. That being said, Michael becoming a lawyer seems a little weird. He's going to have to go through many years of schooling, and then he'll still be sitting behind a desk. And if he truly wants his own firm, then that seems to be more time behind a desk and not in the courtroom. 

I may not love Petra going back to her villainess ways, but I get it. It makes sense, after all that she's been through. It sucks for Rafael, though, but I honestly feel like Petra won't go through with actually destroying his life. I do think she still cares about him a lot; she just seems more hurt right now, so hopefully those two can work out their issues. Rafael is going through a difficult time and Petra's scheming won't help matters. Both of them need to heal from their family issues. 

Catalina is the worst and she's just wasting precious screen time. Unless this is a Sin Rostro 3.0 twist, then I don't care. And even then, that would be annoying. 

I don't care enough about Bruce, and it's obvious that they won't say together for long. It also feels like a very quick relationship so it's hard to jump into it as a viewer. 

I like Rogelio and Darci together. I do hope this storyline ends well, though. I assume the co-parenting will eventually fall apart, but hopefully Rogelio can get a kid out of it. It would be nice to see it all work out. 

6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Jane meeting Arnaud put her in an awkward position, but when Rafael said that Jane should have told him (instead of Jane telling Catalina to tell him), why didn't Jane just say that she was making an effort not to meddle in their relationship after what happened with the jewelry/money in the purse situation?

That was my thought. It's not really Jane's place to tell him since it isn't her business, so she could have just said that she didn't want to meddle. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 1

I love the actress Rogelio's planning to have a baby with. I am currently watching the Netflix One Day At A Time, where she's the lead, and she's so good.

She will always be Vanessa (Rico's wife) on Six Feet Under to me. I like Darci. She's fine with Rogelio's dramatic outbursts and isn't fazed by his fame. She knows what she is looking for and her screening process sounded pretty thorough. And unlike Jane/Rafael, Darci and Rogelio have discussed important aspects of their child rearing decisions ahead of time AND put them in writing. No, it's not the most conventional way to have a kid, but as Alba pointed out, that's par for the course in this family. I won't be surprised if Darci and Rogelio end up a couple (even if only temporarily, despite Darci's insistence that they not go down that road).

I liked that we got to see Tess's point of view about Xiomara and Bruce. I wish that instead of buying clothes to bribe Tess into giving Xo a chance, Jane had told her that she understood how Tess felt and explained how she had seen Bruce being the bad guy but that everyone is capable of changing for the better. Instead she basically said yeah, my mom acted a little crazy but she's not anymore.

• Love 2

Is anyone else suspicious of Darci? I don't quite know what her motivations might be since they seem to be writing a contract, but she was too agreeable to everything. I wondered if maybe she wanted to have a famous baby daddy (God, I hate that term) or if she'd abscond with the kid and/or money or something. It's probable I'm wrong and they really are a good match and maybe that's the point, but whenever people who barely know one another agree a little too well I get suspicious! And it seemed like she was agreeing to him more than he was agreeing to her. Or I just read their scenes together very differently than others!

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, BookThief said:

Is anyone else suspicious of Darci? I don't quite know what her motivations might be since they seem to be writing a contract, but she was too agreeable to everything. I wondered if maybe she wanted to have a famous baby daddy (God, I hate that term) or if she'd abscond with the kid and/or money or something. It's probable I'm wrong and they really are a good match and maybe that's the point, but whenever people who barely know one another agree a little too well I get suspicious! And it seemed like she was agreeing to him more than he was agreeing to her. Or I just read their scenes together very differently than others!

Rogelio signing the contract in such a nonchalant manner without even taking a glance at it made me think she's maybe setting him up somehow. IMO it's a twist this show would pull. It would be kind of a bummer, as they do have good chemistry.

Jane and Michael are on the best TV couples ever and I don't mean it as a hyperbole. I love them, I really do.

I didn't love much of the other stuff in this episode, though. It's so disappointing on Petra being evil again. I get that she's scarred and traumatized by her recent experience (which the show didn't take nearly seriously enough, BTW), but turning against Rafael in this particular manner seems awfully contrived. Also, her interactions with Jane are one of the show's absolute highlights and they basically haven't even shared a scene this entire season. 

Nothing about Michael's career change makes much sense. It was never properly explained why he can't be a detective anymore. It really might be another undercover mission, which would be a bit of an overkill at this point.

I dunno, I feel like the show is starting to run in circles and it's a bit disappointing after the truly fantastic four or so episodes of the season.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, possibilities said:

Something just occurred to me - we never saw Michael fail the physical, quit the job or have his farewell party. We were told all of these things, by him. Also, his co-worker said he couldn't be present at the interrogation in front of Rafael. It seems like they want everyone who's close to Michael to believe he can't do his job anymore. 

I think it's an undercover mission of some sort. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

That was my thought. It's not really Jane's place to tell him since it isn't her business, so she could have just said that she didn't want to meddle. 

I think this was the one instance where "meddling" made sense because it's not really meddling.  It's sharing a fact that Catalina shared with her and not Rafael.  I think Jane handled it the right way, though, in that she encouraged Catalina to tell the truth.

12 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I may not love Petra going back to her villainess ways, but I get it. It makes sense, after all that she's been through. It sucks for Rafael, though, but I honestly feel like Petra won't go through with actually destroying his life.

I don't know what she'd really gain from destroying his life in this way.  The hotel is only part of his inheritance. (Based on what we've learned in the past although with this show, who knows?) Her daughters stand to inherit a lot of money from him when he dies but not if his inheritance is taken from him.  And I don't recall the details of Milos buying part of the Marbella but if he got it from Rafael, then he may not have had standing to sell it and her stake in the hotel could be at risk.

27 minutes ago, Joana said:

Something just occurred to me - we never saw Michael fail the physical

No but we have seen him struggle when he was exercising with Rafael so I do think they've laid the groundwork for him to fail the physical.

3 hours ago, BookThief said:

Is anyone else suspicious of Darci?

Not really.  We were told she was a successful businesswoman.  She tried to fix Rogelio up but then came up with the idea of having a baby with him once she realized his true purpose wasn't love but reproduction. The only thing suspicious about her is that she seems to be put together on a show of not-put-together people.

• Love 1

Seriously, Jane and Michael ARE SO CUTE! Its like watching puppies frolicking in the snow, its just so adorable. I love them. And Michael is such a great step dad! Mateo was just grinning his little head off at Michael and Mr. Bee. Speaking of, I totally support a Michael and Mr. Bee YouTube Channel. Life advice from a Bee sock puppet sounds like as good a way to get advice as any. I LOVED him trying to give Rogelio advice with his Bee voice, and his reoccurring presence throughout the episode. And, really his stand up wasn't awful. Not something to steak a career on, but pretty funny. I can see Michael being an investigator, but not a lawyer. Maybe putting cases together and he's likable enough for court, but I've always thought there was plenty of sitting behind desks.

I don't like Petra going full on villain again. She certainly has her reasons, but I prefer likable but pragmatic Petra. Also, has anyone checked on Anna and Elsa lately?

I don't blame Jane for giving Xo some crap for the whole Bruce affair. I cant say I'm that surprised (Xo has made some bad choices in the past), but finding out your mom was the Other Woman, who went so far as to come to his house and scream at him, possibly with his wife and kids around, and kept taking him back over and over even after she knew he was married must really suck. Maybe Bruce is trying better, but Jane totally has the right to be suspicious of him, and judgmental about the whole affair. I'm glad she is still giving him a chance, but I would be wary too.

I just watched One Day at a Time on Netflix (which was great) so its fun to see the main actress here as Darcy. She and Rogelio seem to be a good match. I hope she is for real, and its not some telenovela twist where she wants to steal his baby or something. I don't think that would make a lot of sense, but who knows with this show!

• Love 4

The Petra storyline makes no sense. Even if she blackmailed Rafael with the information, he could easily call her bluff, since if he loses his inheritance, so do Anna and Elsa. Also, the hotel would go to his sister and I'm pretty sure she would think he deserves half anyway.

Edited by Serena
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Line of the night: "What is this, The Americans?"

For me too. We're currently binging all 4 previous seasons of The Americans (already watched, but it's so complicated we want to be prepared for the next season) - so we're seeing a lot of wigs and disguises!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Line of the night: "What is this, The Americans?"

I forgot to mention this! Absolutely the line of the night. So great. Wigs, cars at night? Sounds like classic The Americans! I love when my favorite shows reference each other.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Serena said:

Even if she blackmailed Rafael with the information, he could easily call her bluff, since if he loses his inheritance, so do Anna and Elsa.

The way Michael told Rafael about his parents confused me.   Michael said that Rafael was not the child of (dad) and (mom) - sorry names escape me - that to me sounded like neither of them were his parents.  If it was just (dad), wouldn't it be more accurate to say that "he's not your father"?  Could the show be setting up yet another surprise mom, and dad, for Rafael?

8 minutes ago, elle said:

The way Michael told Rafael about his parents confused me.   Michael said that Rafael was not the child of (dad) and (mom) - sorry names escape me - that to me sounded like neither of them were his parents.

That's right, neither of them are his biological parents. His mother took him from a convent orphanage.

• Love 2

I agree that I've lost track of Petra v Rafael and it's been a long time since I cared. Then again, I don't care that much about Rafael and I wouldn't mind if the character died a tragic telenovela death. Petra is more interesting with almost anyone else. Actually, she'd be far more interesting talking babies with Jane.

Catalina and her stupid skinny legs can go away. No I am not bitter/jealous. Not at all. Seriously though, she's not bringing much to the table, character-wise, and they are squandering the opportunity for more digging in Jane's ancestral past. Maybe since many of us like Petra (I think?) they felt they needed a new gazelle-legged love-to-hate character. But she's also not evil/scheming enough for that. Petra would still flatten her. (We can hope, I guess.) She's just meh. 

Sorry, but if the BF talked to me in a children's puppet voice in an attempt to acquire sexy time, it would backfire.

Oh, Rogelio remains the best. And I love that Darci is curvy.

(Between Petra, Xo and Catalina, I'm hating on my own thighs for the first time in about ten years.)

(Oh, PS, quick plug for another CW show that knocks its diversity out of the park: Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. The first season is on Netflix, and it's been renewed for S3, but it needs your love. And deserves it. Don't worry about the name, just load up the first episode on Netflix. In a way, CxG is like the filthier, funnier flip side of the same slightly surreal, meta-show coin as JtV.)

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

That's right, neither of them are his biological parents. His mother took him from a convent orphanage.

When was that twist revealed?  Rafael really doesn't know who are his parents.

1 hour ago, elle said:

When was that twist revealed?  Rafael really doesn't know who are his parents.

In the last episode before the winter break. He doesn't know who his biological parents were, he just remembered having been picked up by Elena as child at the orphanage.

This was a really disappointing episode for me. My very first since the show started, so I guess it's pretty darn good as a whole. :)

Michael's search for new career direction was predictable and I didn't mind it too much. I do wonder why he couldn't sit in the interrogation room, but I guess since he quit, we may never know. His comedic stint was hilarious, and so was Mr Let It Bee and Mateo! I think Michael's scenes with Mateo were my fav this episode (and I usually don't really like him interacting with Mr Sweetface, for reasons I just can't put my finger on).

I usually enjoy Petra's antics, but I was so bored with her this episode. I do enjoy how the actress plays both Aneska and Petra - I cannot tell who is who until it is revealed.

Rafael... I felt terrible that he is not Emilio or Helena's child. That brings so many questions and uncertainty for him. And what the heck is he doing with Catalina after everything Jane told him? I don't enjoy Catalina and that particular plot line. So to see Rafael back with her really confused and disappointed me.

Rogelio's baby storyline is boooooooooooooooooooring to me. So boring. I don't buy Darcy only wanting a baby. There's more under all of this.

Xo an Bruce...  Meh. I appreciated that it was shown Xo behaved a badly as Bruce did in previous relationships, which gave a solid reason for both Tess and Jane to hate Xo/Bruce. I am a total Xo&Ro forever fan, so not surprising I'm bored with this storyline.

Jane... The Let It Bee sock puppet popping up everywhere made it funny, and I actually enjoyed seeing Jane lose it on Bruce. And while yes, meddling as much as she does may not always be a good thing, when it comes to Michael or her baby daddy, she really should get involved. I guess we will see where this goes.

• Love 1

It's so disappointing on Petra being evil again. I get that she's scarred and traumatized by her recent experience (which the show didn't take nearly seriously enough, BTW), but turning against Rafael in this particular manner seems awfully contrived. Also, her interactions with Jane are one of the show's absolute highlights and they basically haven't even shared a scene this entire season. 

My thoughts exactly. Plus Petra has children with Rafael. If he loses his inheritance, they lose it too. 

Justina Machado, who plays Darci, stars on the Netflix reboot of One Day at a Time and is fantastic. I also liked that Darci stood up to Xo and didn't take any crap from Rogelio's "supportive family". 

Edited by LisaM
  • Love 2

If we're supposed to think Rafael was in the wrong with Petra, I don't buy it, seeing as he was acting to stop her from taking all his money for a bullshit reason.

Speaking as a presently unemployed lawyer, Michael, it's a saturated market right now.  Though with his background he'd probably get a lot of interest both from DA's offices and defense firms.

Yes! I don't feel bad for Petra either. Can everyone just leave Raf alone? These telenovelas are too ridiculous. He can never catch a break.

I was totally Team Jane on the Bruce issue. First of all, Xiomara was judgmental as fuck when Jane started dating Rafael, so turn about is fair play. Xiomara doesn't get to pull the "I'm your mom so I'm allowed to judge you and your choices but you can't judge mine" card. Secondly, Jane has legit reasons to be suspicious of Bruce (unlike Xiomara who disliked Rafael only because she loved Michael and assumed that Rafael was an asshole because he wasn't dirt poor). His married ass cheated on his wife. He and Xiomara broke up FOURTEEN TIMES. He has hurt Xo time after time. There is no reason why Jane should think that this time will be any different, despite Xiomara's protestations. Even if I get on Michael's "don't meddle" train, that doesn't mean Jane has to go out of her way to be nice to Bruce. She is allowed to not like him.

I'm glad Jane discouraged Michael from becoming a car salesman. He's never shown any interest in it before and his motivation was, "It's a job." As for his idea that it's steady money, it's commission based so it's not really steady money.

Heh, but sorry, Michael, you are not exempt from dinner with Bruce in my book. You are Jane's husband, so awkward family dinners are part of the job now.

Law school is SO expensive. If Michael truly believes that being a lawyer will make him happy, then fine, but it sounds like he thinks being a lawyer is all about being in a courtroom, which is not always the case. He should at least go talk to someone, anyone, who is a lawyer (I'm sure Rafael and Rogelio could point him towards at least twenty different lawyers without any problem). When Jane suggested he look into some of the other jobs recommended by the aptitude test (PI, security consultant, FBI analyst) he specifically said that those were just desk jobs that would make him wish he was out in the field doing investigative work. Does he not realize that being a lawyer involves A LOT of sitting behind a desk? I don't know why he was so quick to dismiss being a PI. That would be the most similar to his previous job.

I wish they would tell us what aspect of his physical exam he didn't pass that requires him to be on desk duty. It obviously isn't something that's physically preventing him from being an active father since he can walk and move around. Is it something he can work on or is it something permanent? Like if he would just chill out for a few more months, is it possible that he will pass whatever it is he didn't pass this time around and then they would take him off desk duty?

I'm so bored of Catalina. I want her to go away very soon. I don't care where she goes - New York, Europe with her old husband who's 34th in line for...something (the throne of Monaco?). Just away. I can't take her smug face anymore.

She is allowed not to like Bruce but Jane always takes it further to some crazy degree. You can not like someone and steer clear but she just explodes on ppl and then walks off in her entitled way. It's not fair.

Also, I agree with you about Xo's treatment of Raf. It's also the Villanueva woman as a whole. To them, having money makes you a dick when Raf is anything but. Has he made mistakes? Sure! But he's always had Jane and Mateos best interests at heart. I find myself yelling at the TV watching these episodes.

ALSO, this whole notion that you have to be passionate about Your job is bullshit and idealistic. You just spent an episode arguing about finances and now I don't want him to take jobs. He can work at a car dealership (or wherever) while pursing this new passion for the law. Jane herself works as a WAITRESS while going to school. The hypocrisy is mind blowing with her! I understand if not everyone agrees with me but it needed to be said.

Catalina is boring. What sucks is that I'm watching the episode after this and it looks again like Jane Is easily manipulated AGAIN. WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR HER TO TRUST RAF?

On 25/02/2017 at 9:38 AM, CerealKiller813 said:

Also, I agree with you about Xo's treatment of Raf. It's also the Villanueva woman as a whole. To them, having money makes you a dick when Raf is anything but. Has he made mistakes? Sure! But he's always had Jane and Mateos best interests at heart.

It's no surprise I agree with you. Rafael does not deserve any of the things that has happened to him. One thing that steamed me in this episode is that Petra keeps accusing him of sleeping with her sister, while apparently forgetting that he was raped. Nobody seems at all concerned about this, in fact. Raf was being blackmailed and assaulted and somehow Petra is acting like he was the one victimising her. I just don't get it. And now we have the Catalina plotline to add to the adoption plotline. If I was Raf I would be in a hole right now with an empty bottle trying not to kill myself. I'm a little tired of it actually.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, AudienceofOne said:

It's no surprise I agree with you. Rafael does not deserve any of the things that has happened to him. One thing that steamed me in this episode is that Petra keeps accusing him of sleeping with her sister, while apparently forgetting that he was raped. Nobody seems at all concerned about this, in fact. Raf was being blackmailed and assaulted and somehow Petra is acting like he was the one victimising her. I just don't get it. And now we have the Catalina plotline to add to the adoption plotline. If I was Raf I would be in a hole right now with an empty bottle trying not to kill myself. I'm a little tired of it actually.

I would get so discouraged reading the JTV forum because those who think like us are few and far in between lol. 

It sucks that they won't address the fact that Anezka took advantage of Raf. He thought she was Petra. Now what if she claimed it was not consensual afterwards (as a form of blackmail). They would've had his head on the platter without a second thought. 

It's a surprise Rafael isn't a hopeless drunk with the things he has to deal with on a daily basis from these women. 

To think, Rogelio told Rafael that they were his family. Hah! Some family lol 

3 hours ago, AudienceofOne said:

I can't believe you mentioned that. It drives me nuts how the show ignored how Rafael was a victim as well.