Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Knocked Up?

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, honeydo7 said:

Previews for next week's episode show her mother in the hospital & someone talking about "a brain bleed."  If Whitney  was pregnant, the stress of worrying about whether or not her mom was going to live or die may have caused her to miscarry.

TLC already posted a video clip showing that it was a false positive. She did not miscarry.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, mamadrama said:

. . . and that the radio station is probably owned by Todd's family and agreed to take her on for a plot point (although I believe their reaction to her asking for a job the other night was real enough).

Bingo.  The radio station is owned by Beasley Broadcasting Group.  Todd's last name is . . . Beasley.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I wondered why Buddy has to pay rent? By living in that house, he is agreeing to have a film crew there all the time. He is obviously paid for the show, so why can't he just endorse a check or two for filming over to Whitney if she insists on rent. How easy would it be to find another roommate? Unless someone is looking to be on tv, who would want to live with the filming. While the filming looks easy, it takes forever to do one of the scences. I have watched reality tv filmed and participated in filming and you would not believe the retakes and time it takes for a short segment. 

I'm sure the "late rent payment" is also just a storyline, to add tension to their friendship.  And to make viewers wonder if she'll throw him out or not.  I should think she's already got a lot of "just throw the bum out" tweets on her twitter account, or on Facebook.  Along with "how dare he disrespect your taste in décor!  You have the bestest taste of ANYbody.  Can you come redo MY house?".  I'm sure there'll be a cliffhanger at the end of the season on whether or not their friendship will end.  And the True Believers will all besiege TLC, begging for yet another year, just so they can find out the answer.  LOL

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

I'm sure the "late rent payment" is also just a storyline, to add tension to their friendship.  And to make viewers wonder if she'll throw him out or not.  I should think she's already got a lot of "just throw the bum out" tweets on her twitter account, or on Facebook.  Along with "how dare he disrespect your taste in décor!  You have the bestest taste of ANYbody.  Can you come redo MY house?".  I'm sure there'll be a cliffhanger at the end of the season on whether or not their friendship will end.  And the True Believers will all besiege TLC, begging for yet another year, just so they can find out the answer.  LOL

I agree.  Some things just happen naturally, but so much is obviously there for our amusement...or at least the TLC producers think that it's amusing.  I'd like to share my thoughts with them about this.  I don't find it amusing to be made to think that Buddy can't pay his rent.  I suppose they do, but, I don't believe it.  lol

Another issue that I have is about how there is this general consensus that Glenn co-signed the mortgage.  At first it was that he was on the deed, but, he's not.  So, I'm now trying to find actual proof that he's on the mortgage. Anyone know if that has been confirmed?  Not, that it matters, but, if someone is going to be tied and quartered over getting a parent to co-sign a loan, I'd like to confirm that it's even true.  lol  

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Another issue that I have is about how there is this general consensus that Glenn co-signed the mortgage.  At first it was that he was on the deed, but, he's not.  So, I'm now trying to find actual proof that he's on the mortgage. Anyone know if that has been confirmed?  Not, that it matters, but, if someone is going to be tied and quartered over getting a parent to co-sign a loan, I'd like to confirm that it's even true.  lol  

Here's a link to the tax data for Whitney's house:  http://taxweb.co.guilford.nc.us/CamaPublicAccess/PropertySummary.aspx?REID=0034873&pageIndex=1

She is listed as the sole owner and purchased it in May for $221,000. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, saratothej said:

Here's a link to the tax data for Whitney's house:  http://taxweb.co.guilford.nc.us/CamaPublicAccess/PropertySummary.aspx?REID=0034873&pageIndex=1

She is listed as the sole owner and purchased it in May for $221,000. 

Also, here's the Deeds of Trust (basically the mortgage). 

http://rdlxweb.co.guilford.nc.us/view_image.php?file=2&type=pdf&sessid=d070d7e003a310cd72b1f21620f89fa8

http://rdlxweb.co.guilford.nc.us/view_image.php?file=1&type=pdf&sessid=d070d7e003a310cd72b1f21620f89fa8

Glen is actually listed on one of them. 

From quickly looking over the documents, it appears Whitney signed a $22,000 Deed of Trust individually and then she and Glen both signed another one for $176k. 

**Sorry, apparently the links for the Deeds of Trust aren't working. I think it's because I found them through the websites internal search. If someone really wants to look at them, go to http://rdlxweb.co.guilford.nc.us then type THORE in the name box, find Whitney's name, check the little box beside her name then click DISPLAY DETAIL LISTING at the top of the page.  

Edited by saratothej
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Alapaki said:

In the first place, the show arranges for this "internship" solely to provide enough footage to put a whole season together, because in real life, other than being a "TLC personality", Whitney doesn't really do anything

Exactly. Take away her TLC life and everything they've arranged for her to do and there's nothing really going on in her life. I guess this is similar to other reality shows where at least the first season is more "real", but after becomes more contrived as the cast and the show becomes more popular.

On another note, I truly believe the pregnancy storyline will be the beginning of the end for this show. They should've wrapped this up last week in the premiere or had another 1 hour episode follow it. I don't think her fans will be understanding that she's actively played along with this storyline on social media when she's not pregnant. Showing 3 positive test results is knowingly creating so much confusion that I think she's really stepped in it this time.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Just B said:

Exactly. Take away her TLC life and everything they've arranged for her to do and there's nothing really going on in her life. I guess this is similar to other reality shows where at least the first season is more "real", but after becomes more contrived as the cast and the show becomes more popular.

On another note, I truly believe the pregnancy storyline will be the beginning of the end for this show. They should've wrapped this up last week in the premiere or had another 1 hour episode follow it. I don't think her fans will be understanding that she's actively played along with this storyline on social media when she's not pregnant. Showing 3 positive test results is knowingly creating so much confusion that I think she's really stepped in it this time.

I hate it when they force storylines. That's when people start to get annoyed.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Runnergirl said:

I hate it when they force storylines. That's when people start to get annoyed.

Whitney and TLC are looking at her show as some sort of trashy soap opera nowadays but when a lot of her fans have PCOS ( and trouble conceiving) this is just wrong, wrong, wrong.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, saratothej said:

Also, here's the Deeds of Trust (basically the mortgage). 

http://rdlxweb.co.guilford.nc.us/view_image.php?file=2&type=pdf&sessid=d070d7e003a310cd72b1f21620f89fa8

http://rdlxweb.co.guilford.nc.us/view_image.php?file=1&type=pdf&sessid=d070d7e003a310cd72b1f21620f89fa8

From quickly looking over the documents, it appears Whitney signed a $22,000 Deed of Trust individually and then she and Glen both signed another one for $176k. 

Thanks for taking the time to post these links. Sadly, when I click on them, I get image not found. Odd.  I believe you though.  I'm just nosy and wanted to peruse myself. lol 

I did read that Whitney's net worth is $650,000.00! That sounds pretty nice.  Good thing she's not teaching school.  NC pays their teachers diddly squat. 

I just read something that is a spoiler potentially.  Where do we post those?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Thanks for taking the time to post these links. Sadly, when I click on them, I get image not found. Odd.  I believe you though.  I'm just nosy and wanted to peruse myself. lol 

I did read that Whitney's net worth is $650,000.00! That sounds pretty nice.  Good thing she's not teaching school.  NC pays their teachers diddly squat. 

I just read something that is a spoiler potentially.  Where do we post those?

I think in this thread??? Just click the spoiler button! Now tell me! haha :-)

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 3

Yes, TELL.  After you type it, just highlight whatever text you want to hide, then click on the little "eye" icon at the top of the box you're typing in.  That will put it in spoiler mode.

Spoiler

Like this.

Edited by AZChristian
Clarity.

Okay. I think that it was mentioned upthread, but,

Spoiler

What I read seemed to be more serious than I had believed previously.  It said that Whit was reporting that her mom was too ill from her strokes and seizures to watch the show, but ,she would try.  Man, apparently, Babs was really sick and is still not well.  Strokes can really cause a lot of problems., both physical and mental.   Well wishes for Babs.  I hope she can recover from this.  I guess that I was thinking this might be just for the cameras.  I guess not. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, AnJen said:

I'll step right up as a person whose disdain for Whitney comes partially because of weight. If Whitney admitted her weight was a problem, acknowledged that she clearly binge eats high-calorie food, or did anything other than cry about how her problems aren't her fault and get angry at people who try to help her out, I wouldn't care what she weighed. 

But as an obese person with PCOS myself, I care a hell of a lot about the lies Whitney tells about her body to the people watching. 

10% of all women have PCOS and 65% of women with PCOS are obese. And the message that Whitney sends over and over and over is that nothing is her fault, PCOS controls her life, and that everyone who thinks she's capable of having any level of control over her body is "bullying" her.

It's bullshit and it's dangerous bullshit at that. If I'd found Whitney 5 years earlier I would've bought what she was selling hook, line, and sinker cause it's so easy. It takes all responsibility off me. I can just keep overeating myself into an early grave because hey, PCOS right? Nothing I can do, right? Fat and fabulous, right? 

Except, no. I do have control over my body. I've lost over 100lbs without killing myself at the gym or removing any of the foods I love from my life. And no, nothing about being super morbidly obese was fun or fabulous. My back used to ache constantly. I would get winded just walking across campus. I couldn't run and play with my nieces. I was embarrassed to eat in front of anyone in case they judged me so I'd secretly binge eat. I was depressed. I hated myself. 

I'm glad I realized I was lying to myself before a charismatic personality like Whitney became semi-famous and told me that my problems were all out of my control. Because I know women who found Whitney first, and I've watched their lives deteriorate as they internalized her message: not their fault, out of their control, just be happy with mediocrity, celebrate your fatness. 

I've posted about one girl here before; she's clearly depressed. She's eating herself into early grave. She's covering up her emotions with food and fake positivity. She's using the internet to find validation and confidence that she doesn't have in herself, which in her case means since she discovered Whitney and her no body shame movement, she posts a bunch of "sexy" videos of herself jiggling her fat rolls or eating food. The people who like and comment are either other morbidly obese women seeking similar validation or men with a fat fetish. It's not "empowering" to be viewed as an object.

Whitney isn't awful because she's fat, she's awful because of the message she's sending to other women about their ability to control their weight and their lives. Women with PCOS already have a much higher risk of depression, and 65% of women with PCOS are morbidly obese, which is also associated with depression. Whitney's message preys on those women. It finds them in their low point and confirms everything they think about themselves. "You can never change, you'll always be fat." 

She's earning her living off of shoving people down before they even realize they're capable of pulling themselves up. 

She's also crass, obnoxious, self-centered, treats her friends and family terribly, refuses to apologize to anyone, makes everything about herself, creates contention between people she claims to love for her own amusement, yells at anyone who disagrees with her (over anything) but starts crying and playing a victim when they defend themselves, and uses her internet fame to try to get people to bully anyone she feels has "wronged" her.

You're free to feel however you want about her; so are the rest of us.

If I am honest with myself, I am in the same boat as you. I am obese - in the 230s at 5'3" so I am morbidly obese and I do have PCOS.

Women like her, you don't really see it with men, I do think are dangerous. Ask my mother who after years of obesity (never the size Whitney) has done to her joints. She has destroyed her right knee and her left hip is in dire need of a hip replacement. She has about 25 more lbs to go before she can have surgery (she is now at 189 lbs at 5'1" her heaviest was 250lbs). 

When I was first diagnosed with PCOS I felt hopeless. I saw so many women like Whitney who were all about love your curves aka fat, you can intuitive eat because it was not MY decisions but the PCOS that had me at 288 lbs. But the reality is that eating A LOT of calories is what made me fat. PCOS made it a little easier due to insulin resistance and PCOS I do think has had an adverse impact on my metabolism (Measured my RMR is approximately 250 calories less than what was estimated) but you don't become 100 lbs + overweight because you are eating a "normal" portions. Even those that say, they eat only 1000 calories a day but they keep gaining or not able to lose - I imagine if they had Secret Eaters we would find what other studies have shown - people VASTLY underestimate how much they eat and Over estimate what they burn. 

I think Whitney propagates those beliefs. She claims she is doing good, she doesn't eat too much, she forgets to eat. Then we see her mindlessly almost trance like eating like an addict when tasting cupcakes (that she doesn't like), how big her portions are, the hidden food containers, thinking she is good because she is snacking on a massive Starbucks cookie or eating only one, hiding and eating in her car, ordering big pizza and appetizer after being let out of the hospital for a fainting/heart issue.

Not being able to shave your legs, barely being able to walk, needing help to get out of the shower because of a back issue, inability to barely ride a bicycle.

She just sends out such a delusional message and I cringe to think women younger than me who may think it is all fabulous and continue one with horrible habits who will realize it is not "fun" once they get into their 50s.

• Love 10

Babs was present at the premiere screening party on Tuesday and appeared to be quite recovered. She and Whitney even dressed as "twins" according to pics Whitney posted on Facebook.

16298473_10102634515217478_3261463350994099463_n.jpg

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, lovetheduns said:

If I am honest with myself, I am in the same boat as you. I am obese - in the 230s at 5'3" so I am morbidly obese and I do have PCOS.

Women like her, you don't really see it with men, I do think are dangerous. Ask my mother who after years of obesity (never the size Whitney) has done to her joints. She has destroyed her right knee and her left hip is in dire need of a hip replacement. She has about 25 more lbs to go before she can have surgery (she is now at 189 lbs at 5'1" her heaviest was 250lbs). 

When I was first diagnosed with PCOS I felt hopeless. I saw so many women like Whitney who were all about love your curves aka fat, you can intuitive eat because it was not MY decisions but the PCOS that had me at 288 lbs. But the reality is that eating A LOT of calories is what made me fat. PCOS made it a little easier due to insulin resistance and PCOS I do think has had an adverse impact on my metabolism (Measured my RMR is approximately 250 calories less than what was estimated) but you don't become 100 lbs + overweight because you are eating a "normal" portions. Even those that say, they eat only 1000 calories a day but they keep gaining or not able to lose - I imagine if they had Secret Eaters we would find what other studies have shown - people VASTLY underestimate how much they eat and Over estimate what they burn. 

I think Whitney propagates those beliefs. She claims she is doing good, she doesn't eat too much, she forgets to eat. Then we see her mindlessly almost trance like eating like an addict when tasting cupcakes (that she doesn't like), how big her portions are, the hidden food containers, thinking she is good because she is snacking on a massive Starbucks cookie or eating only one, hiding and eating in her car, ordering big pizza and appetizer after being let out of the hospital for a fainting/heart issue.

Not being able to shave your legs, barely being able to walk, needing help to get out of the shower because of a back issue, inability to barely ride a bicycle.

She just sends out such a delusional message and I cringe to think women younger than me who may think it is all fabulous and continue one with horrible habits who will realize it is not "fun" once they get into their 50s.

Ohmigosh the cupcakes. For someone who "doesn't like" them, she sure was shoveling them in. 

It's true most people overestimate how much they burn--even when I was racing competitively my intake rarely went above 2,000 calories and I was running twice a day! It's very hard for people to accept that we really don't need to eat much to maintain a healthy weight (except those freaks with fast metabolisms). That's very hard for people in modern times where there's food EVERYWHERE, and it's usually bad food. 

I wish Whitney would just follow Will's program. He knows what he's doing. She's definitely in denial. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

Ohmigosh the cupcakes. For someone who "doesn't like" them, she sure was shoveling them in. 

It's true most people overestimate how much they burn--even when I was racing competitively my intake rarely went above 2,000 calories and I was running twice a day! It's very hard for people to accept that we really don't need to eat much to maintain a healthy weight (except those freaks with fast metabolisms). That's very hard for people in modern times where there's food EVERYWHERE, and it's usually bad food. 

I wish Whitney would just follow Will's program. He knows what he's doing. She's definitely in denial. 

The cupcakes was fresh out of a scene of My 600 Lb Life -- it was that show that helped both my mom and me lose the weight we have been losing - well that and measuring cups and a solid food scale.

In My 600 Lb Life and that scene of Whit chowing on the cupcakes (and the one with the ice cream) she gets that same zoned out expression that happens on the other show-- its like GET IT IN MY MOUTH NOW ALL OF IT HURRY I NEEDS IT distant stare.

One thing that my mom learned early on (she used to INSIST she was eating the right portion because she knew what a cup looked like -- and then one day she actually measured and weighed out 1 tbsp of sour cream. It was tiny) is that obese people generally don't know what a real portion should be.

I have very thin friends who swear they just eat so much, but if you ever get the chance to be around them for a long period of time you notice that they don't scarf down the huge lunch - they eat slowly, usually have lots left, but they are convinced they are super full and then they think that they have eaten so much. In reality, if I was left unbridled I could swallow their lunch in 15 min.

I would REALLY love if this show was more reality (like get off your lazy ass and TRULY teach a Big Girls Dance class and not just pick up "jobs" to make a reality show seem relevant) and I would love to REALLY follow her progress with Will (and not the person he seems to have turned into on the show so far).

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, Diamond Dog said:

Whitney binge eats, and she does it all secretly in her vehicle. Also, by the looks of the huge liquor supply in her kitchen, she probably drinks too much, and that is detrimental to weight loss. 

I travel a lot for work and I have some pretty solid rules about alcohol. 2 drinks a week MAX and if I am home just in general, I don't drink period unless I meet a friend and have a drink with her at her house (2 glasses of wine). This happens POSSIBLY 2x a month. So averages 1 drink a week, many months much less.

• Love 1
On 1/26/2017 at 10:15 AM, Madding crowd said:

I was happy to see Whitney working out again and I continue to not hate her because she chooses to be happy.?I know fat people are supposed to walk around miserable all the time, but I think we are allowed to be happy. I'm sure the pregnancy test was a false positive, but I don't agree that people like her (AKA Fat), shouldn't be allowed to breed. I think most of the show is silly like all reality shows, but I see nothing Whitney has done to garner so much hatred except being fat. She is far from the only 30 something adult to still lean on her parents, struggle with finances or act silly.

As far as how "shocking" she acted on the radio show if you have ever listened to a shock jock radio show you will hear much, much worse. I think she is immature and not really all that likable but I reserve hate for people who murder, torture, rape etc. 

I haven't watched the show yet and I haven't read the entire thread but I didn't get the vibe that people thought she shouldn't reproduce due to her weight it was due to her being Whitney.  I don't want her owning pets due to her raging narcissism.  A child heck no.  So its not her weight its her lack of maturity.

• Love 11

We have 22 pages alone on the "Whitney" thread as to reasons we are frustrated by her or flat-out dislike her. I peeked over at her Facebook page and saw the hordes of hiney kissing from fans for this week's episode. If a single person expressed dissatisfaction, they were on them like flies on poop. I am glad we are anonymous here, and that her fans haven't found us. I would have to go into hiding and change my name. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, saratothej said:

Glenn is actually listed in both of them. On the $22,000 one, on page 10 he's listed as a borrower. It is interesting that there are two rather than one though.

• Love 1

I agree w those that think the whole episode was manufactured drama.

I hope she truly is back to working out at the gym - but she's definitely not watching what she's eating. She'll see the most results by monitoring that, obviously. 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

We have 22 pages alone on the "Whitney" thread as to reasons we are frustrated by her or flat-out dislike her. I peeked over at her Facebook page and saw the hordes of hiney kissing from fans for this week's episode. If a single person expressed dissatisfaction, they were on them like flies on poop. I am glad we are anonymous here, and that her fans haven't found us. I would have to go into hiding and change my name. 

I'm a fan of Whitney's.  Well, I suppose I'm more of a fan than foe.  That doesn't mean that I am pleased that she's stubborn and pretends to be oblivious as to her health crisis.  I take the good and bad. No person is all one way, imo.  Plus, I don't take every little thing to heart.  She does frustrate me, that's for sure, but, I do think she has good qualities too. 

• Love 2
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm a fan of Whitney's.  Well, I suppose I'm more of a fan than foe.  That doesn't mean that I am pleased that she's stubborn and pretends to be oblivious as to her health crisis.  I take the good and bad. No person is all one way, imo.  Plus, I don't take every little thing to heart.  She does frustrate me, that's for sure, but, I do think she has good qualities too. 

I've read your posts. You seem capable of looking at things she does with a neutral eye and forming your own opinions without following herd mentality. You have a bit of snark in you, too, and have made some light-hearted comments that have been fun to read. The same cannot be said for a lot of the rabid followers, unfortunately. They are set out to attack, attack, ATTACK. 

During the reunion special last season I was on Facebook and got on Kerryn's page. (The comedienne.) She was getting beaten up by Whitney people and I felt bad for her. I posted one single comment: "Hang in there, Kerryn!" My inbox was suddenly full. I had more than 61 replies to my comment. People called me every name in the book. I depend upon the general public for my income (ie: I sell stuff). Whitney fans were suddenly urging other Whitney fans to spread the word and boycott me. My sales suffered. That was back in, what, August? September? My sales have STILL not recovered, which is a problem since they are our sole source of income. I have never made a public comment like that again. Lesson learned. 

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I've read your posts. You seem capable of looking at things she does with a neutral eye and forming your own opinions without following herd mentality. You have a bit of snark in you, too, and have made some light-hearted comments that have been fun to read. The same cannot be said for a lot of the rabid followers, unfortunately. They are set out to attack, attack, ATTACK. 

During the reunion special last season I was on Facebook and got on Kerryn's page. (The comedienne.) She was getting beaten up by Whitney people and I felt bad for her. I posted one single comment: "Hang in there, Kerryn!" My inbox was suddenly full. I had more than 61 replies to my comment. People called me every name in the book. I depend upon the general public for my income (ie: I sell stuff). Whitney fans were suddenly urging other Whitney fans to spread the word and boycott me. My sales suffered. That was back in, what, August? September? My sales have STILL not recovered, which is a problem since they are our sole source of income. I have never made a public comment like that again. Lesson learned. 

That's unfortunate.  I'm pretty sure I would not be able to condone that.  I have no trouble speaking my mind, but, no way can I tolerate disrespect for others' opinions.  Whitney can't be helped by sympathy and coddling.  Its just doesn't work that way.  Sometimes, I suppose wounded people get defensive.  Still, it's not helpful for Whit.  I can only root for her and hope she gets serious.  If it gets too sad, I'll walk away. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
On 1/26/2017 at 6:28 AM, Nowhere said:

There are gag gift pregnancy tests you can get at Spencer's or online and the results are positive every time. There's also a way to get a real test to show a positive result by using Diet Pepsi or something like that. A couple of kids did an experiment that they posted on YouTube using some sort of soda and got positive tests several times. Just saying there are a thousand ways they could have gotten the test to show positive on camera. Like using a fake test.

Pink line tests are more reliable than blue line. Those are really bad for giving evap or ghost lines, making you think it's positive. Just an fyi for anyone curious lol

I've heard of false positives with some meds, but the way those work is HCG has to be detected to get a positive result. Don't know how Diet Pepsi could have HCG?

5 minutes ago, Stripper Glitter said:

Pink line tests are more reliable than blue line. Those are really bad for giving evap or ghost lines, making you think it's positive. Just an fyi for anyone curious lol

I've heard of false positives with some meds, but the way those work is HCG has to be detected to get a positive result. Don't know how Diet Pepsi could have HCG?

Not sure how it works but there are quite a few You Tube videos out there with people trying it, and it working. 

• Love 2

I don't have much to say that hasn't already been said!

Whitney being pregnant. No. I am so furious on behalf of her currently-infertile fans for this entire storyline. It is possibly totally fabricated, and certainly has been resolved by now that she is not (currently or ever) pregnant, so this whole cliffhanger is a real slap in the face. Even though it doesn't seem fair to some folks who have never been through it, being infertile and hearing about another person's pregnancy is awful. Especially a miracle pregnancy that is unwanted. But she ain't fuckin' pregnant, so it's now a moot point, but TLC has chosen to portray it this way. 

Roy is clearly not into Whitney. She is a moron for thinking so.

Buddy is a goddamn loser, sorry about it. He has no right to dictate how she decorates her house if he isn't even paying rent. Then to put his heckles up about signing a lease, which would at least give Whitney a document to point to and say "uh, your rent is due the first of the month, you deadbeat schlub." Nothing wrong with delivering pizzas as a career, as long as you can PAY YOUR DAMN RENT.

The Donna massage was so strange. Why did SHE have to be nearly naked? Why was Whitney face up with her tits out? Was Donna massaging her TITS? Who DOES that?! And calling it a "sense-us experience," I just cannot with this.

I like how in the "this season on," the other big-girl dancers call her out for basically being a shitty dancer who can't move her legs. THANK YOU. 

• Love 8
On 1/24/2017 at 9:12 PM, Nowhere said:

wow. She's pregnant. 

I keep seeing the commercials but must have missed when the show was supposed to air. So she's really pregnant, huh? Wow. And not 'wow' in a nice way, either.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I don't think those people understand where the dislike originates from. It's not because she is fat--it's because there's a large percentage of women with the same problems thinking, "What the hell?" in reference to her crying, excuses and antics. 

Kerryn Feehan spoke some truth to Whitney when she said the odds were stacked against her and that it wasn't fair, but it is what it is. The struggle will be harder for Whitney. At this point, Whitney isn't ready to embrace that struggle even though many women do, every day. And that is why she is disliked. 

• Love 6

So I finally watched this today.  First of all, Whit was really being a C U next Tuesday about how now she is a home owner and its her house and yada yada.  Yes, Buddy needs to pay his fair share, but my God, if she can't afford a note that's just under $200k then she has no business owning a home and should move back in with her parents.  I bet her mortgage is around $1,000 and was probably way less than she was paying in rent.  She's a TLC star, not a single mother trying to make ends meet working at McDonalds.

Her parents were very wrong to just pop in on her.  Did they do that when she was renting her house?

Ok, so she was having sex with Donna.  Whoopie!  But dammit, put some clothes on when your parents are there, or ask them to leave.

I got to see the leaked preview on TLC before they took it down.  What I don't get is how does one get three false positive pregnancy tests?  Per Google, it doesn't seem that fake positives are a part of PCOS.  Urine pregnancy tests are 97% accurate.  Once again Whit defies the odds???

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Runnergirl said:

At this point, Whitney isn't ready to embrace that struggle even though many women do, every day. And that is why she is disliked. 

I think as long as her show is on I will assume that she has no intention of losing significant weight or else she'll have no show. Perhaps her thinking is she'll first clean up well with TLC and make lots of money THEN she'll focus on herself I dunno. At the very very least she shouldn't be gaining anymore weight; it's not worth it Whitney!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Stripper Glitter said:

I don't know how it works. It just does. But it has to be a certain line test. 

On 1/25/2017 at 1:36 PM, okerry said:

I agree. I don't think she was ever pregnant....

Maybe it will touch her non-existent conscience just a little to realize that many of her fans - also obese and/or with PCOS - took false hope from her saying she had conceived. I don't care about some of the other crap she's pulled, but this is going too far.

Conscience, much?

It never occurs to me that somewhere, somebody is taking this woman seriously. If she has faked this and winds up stomping on her fans' emotions in the process and making light of a very serious problem for many woman, I hope there is a national call to take her off of the air.

Is it wrong for me to hope Whit gets butt wings? Maybe she'll be able to add flying to her dance routine. 

• Love 11

Went back and watched again. Guys, we were totally wrong! She wasn't having a sexualized experience with Donna Lee-it was a "sen-sus" one. Basically, they were just taking their clothes off as they counted the members of the household. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

I don't think those people understand where the dislike originates from. It's not because she is fat--it's because there's a large percentage of women with the same problems thinking, "What the hell?" in reference to her crying, excuses and antics. 

Kerryn Feehan spoke some truth to Whitney when she said the odds were stacked against her and that it wasn't fair, but it is what it is. The struggle will be harder for Whitney. At this point, Whitney isn't ready to embrace that struggle even though many women do, every day. And that is why she is disliked. 

(above bbm)

But better to be a 32 year old with PCOS than a 40-something with PCOS, in terms of the metabolism.  Yeah, I know PCOS hinders metabolism to some extent (my dr suspects I have had it for years).  But I sure would like to have what would be left of my 32 year old metabolism be fighting it, rather than my 50 year old metabolism.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

(above bbm)

But better to be a 32 year old with PCOS than a 40-something with PCOS, in terms of the metabolism.  Yeah, I know PCOS hinders metabolism to some extent (my dr suspects I have had it for years).  But I sure would like to have what would be left of my 32 year old metabolism be fighting it, rather than my 50 year old metabolism.

I literally cannot even imagine what Whitney will be like at 50 years old. Her teenage antics will be even less adorable than they are now (which they aren't, at all). You're totally right that her metabolism will be way worse, too, as will her mobility because she sure as hell ain't gonna lose weight by then. Honestly, and I'm not saying this to be cruel, just practical, she may not even live that long unless she gets her shit together for her health.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, MegD said:

Glenn is actually listed in both of them. On the $22,000 one, on page 10 he's listed as a borrower. It is interesting that there are two rather than one though.

It sounds like one of them is a HELOC - so she can do repairs and renovations.

I haven't looked at the links but if the house sold for around 220k 20% of that for a downpayment would be 44k which would bring down the "mortgage" to around 176k. 22k would be half of a 20% downpayment (she would avoid PMI and maybe get more favorable interest rate with that large of a downpayment). 

If my line of thinking is right, then she took out a HELOC for 22k that would allow her to get some "cash" back since perhaps the downpayment would have wiped out her reserves (based on the conversations she had with Buddy about not having liquid cash) and she would not have been able to do the home improvements, shopping, etc.

13 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

I do think the weight has something to do with it. I get heavily annoyed with Tess Holliday, Ragen Chastain, the Militant Baker, and a few others.

I do think body positivity has been perverted; I don't think the patriarchy is mandating a woman has no worth if she is overweight. I do think we have an obesity crisis that doesn't make the populace stronger. Do I think it is people's intentional fault? No. We have an OVER ABUNDANCE of food. More than even when I was a teenager and driving (in a few months I will be 40). Food is everywhere. You want a super high calorie drink? Drive to Starbucks and oh what there is more - a full bakery in there almost. Tons of fast foods, tons of fast restaurants, tons of high calorie easy to grab products. I mean if you want anything at any time of the day it is available and for pretty cheap. Restaurant portions are massive. When I lived abroad, the family meal was cooked and there were no leftovers or seconds. But most people didn't have to commute long ways to work seated or if they did there was quite a bit of walking involved after taking public transportation. We are suburban based where you practically have to have a car. Not many people spend a lot of time walking around and just moving (yesterday I put in a 11 hour workday. seated. the.entire.time). Food was not as super plentiful - you had to make an effort to get something to eat for fun. I never had real nutrition classes in health and my family members who are teachers say "health" is not even really taught now it has been pretty much cut. So do I think people started eating at excess because they are sloths or can't handle themselves - no, our environment has played a large variable in why we are where we are.

I don't think "fat" people should be discriminated against, but as a fellow fattie you are damned sure I am not going to give you a pass in taking up my tiny airplane seat because you didn't buy another ticket. When I was too fat to not spread even slightly into another's space - I would buy first class tickets or two tickets. This was a HUGE effort in making me get control over my own habits. 

But like Whitney and the others named seem to feel it is a state of "normalcy" for humans to be not just a few pounds overweight but 50-200+. Whit's fatlogic of it is all her conditions, it is because she just doesn't eat enough - drive me up the wall. Girl please, when was the last time you saw someone who is actually starving (famine areas, horrifically poverty stricken areas, gulags, work camps, concentration camps) where there were still a bunch of obese women?

At least I remember one of those episodes with Ruby where she admitted she knew how to fake out the scale with how she stood to throw the pounds off in one direction or another.

We just don't have that sincerity from Whitney (or many others named). 

What I will say that I appreciated about Whitney early on and what made me a watcher of the show was that she seemed earlier on to REALLY know she had a problem and how she was going to attack it. The show after the first season or two feels like now it is a platform for a raging narcissist who is in utter denial (and wants others to pat her on the head and tell her how right she is and she appears to also be like a crab ready to pull anyone back into the bucket who is trying to "get out" of unhealthy habits).

I think this is the other reason why we haven't see Ashely on the show as much. I saw her linked in a FB post and I went to her page.. she looks great. She has really lost a significant amount of weight.

Of course maybe Ashely wants some distance too - I would hate to be put on a tv show in front of thousands or millions where I will drive hours down to rub down my naked morbidly obese friend. Or it could also be that she knows that Whitney doesn't "help" her path. I know there are a few friends I will not do "eating out" things with because there is a constant pressure of -- oh lets get this too, or is that all you are going to eat - where it is obvious that they want me to also participate in my former overeating habits to help make themselves feel better as well. Its weird. I half think that this is why we see where Buddy has exploded since living with Whitney... VERY hard to live in a household when everyone else wants to order massive amounts of food...and have an eat a thon for fun when you are trying to break out of that pattern. Makes me wonder if there are previous to living with Whitney photos of Donna and how much weight she has packed on since living in the house.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, lovetheduns said:

It sounds like one of them is a HELOC - so she can do repairs and renovations.

I haven't looked at the links but if the house sold for around 220k 20% of that for a downpayment would be 44k which would bring down the "mortgage" to around 176k. 22k would be half of a 20% downpayment (she would avoid PMI and maybe get more favorable interest rate with that large of a downpayment). 

If my line of thinking is right, then she took out a HELOC for 22k that would allow her to get some "cash" back since perhaps the downpayment would have wiped out her reserves (based on the conversations she had with Buddy about not having liquid cash) and she would not have been able to do the home improvements, shopping, etc.

Or she got the down payment from the Daddy Bank, and is already using the new house as an ATM.  (I'd think the interest on the HELOC would be more than the premiums on PMI).

IMO, the only reason she moved into that house in the first place was to provide a storyline for whatever season that was.

With the contraction in the lending market, I seriously doubt Whitney could get a mortgage for between $175k - $220k.  I don't think she's making all that much from this show.  But regardless, the lender is not going to look at her debt-to-asset ratio, but her debt-to-income.  And I don't think a lender is going to look at "basic cable reality show [which by the way is premised upon the borrower's unhealthy lifestyle]" as a reliable source of income.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lovetheduns said:

I do think the weight has something to do with it. I get heavily annoyed with Tess Holliday, Ragen Chastain, the Militant Baker, and a few others.

I do think body positivity has been perverted; I don't think the patriarchy is mandating a woman has no worth if she is overweight. I do think we have an obesity crisis that doesn't make the populace stronger. Do I think it is people's intentional fault? No. We have an OVER ABUNDANCE of food. More than even when I was a teenager and driving (in a few months I will be 40). Food is everywhere. You want a super high calorie drink? Drive to Starbucks and oh what there is more - a full bakery in there almost. Tons of fast foods, tons of fast restaurants, tons of high calorie easy to grab products. I mean if you want anything at any time of the day it is available and for pretty cheap. Restaurant portions are massive. When I lived abroad, the family meal was cooked and there were no leftovers or seconds. But most people didn't have to commute long ways to work seated or if they did there was quite a bit of walking involved after taking public transportation. We are suburban based where you practically have to have a car. Not many people spend a lot of time walking around and just moving (yesterday I put in a 11 hour workday. seated. the.entire.time). Food was not as super plentiful - you had to make an effort to get something to eat for fun. I never had real nutrition classes in health and my family members who are teachers say "health" is not even really taught now it has been pretty much cut. So do I think people started eating at excess because they are sloths or can't handle themselves - no, our environment has played a large variable in why we are where we are.

So many people have sitting jobs--I consider myself very, very lucky.  I get to walk/hike/run for work (can vary depending on duty station). We get 3 paid hours a week for fitness, too, which is a requirement (if people can't pass the fitness test, they don't have a job). 

I feel very lucky to have grown up in the country with a subsistence lifestyle, sports and a good handle on nutrition. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Runnergirl said:

So many people have sitting jobs--I consider myself very, very lucky.  I get to walk/hike/run for work (can vary depending on duty station). We get 3 paid hours a week for fitness, too, which is a requirement (if people can't pass the fitness test, they don't have a job). 

Just asking out of curiosity - what type of job do you have Runnergirl? 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, aliya said:

It never occurs to me that somewhere, somebody is taking this woman seriously. If she has faked this and winds up stomping on her fans' emotions in the process and making light of a very serious problem for many woman, I hope there is a national call to take her off of the air.

I doubt this will happen, as her more fervid Facebook fans have already stopped congratulating her and squeeing over what a great Mom she's going to be. They've moved on to muttering worriedly over how upset she must be if she's really lost her baby or had her poor heart broken by a false positive test, and at the same time being gagged by TLC so that she can't share the truth with them and reach out for their comfort. However it turns out, I don't think they'll attribute anything negative to Whitney.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

They've moved on to muttering worriedly over how upset she must be if she's really lost her baby or had her poor heart broken by a false positive test

The funny (not haha) thing is Whitney probably praised Jesus when she wasn't pregnant (anymore?). No way she could handle a baby. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

I doubt this will happen, as her more fervid Facebook fans have already stopped congratulating her and squeeing over what a great Mom she's going to be. They've moved on to muttering worriedly over how upset she must be if she's really lost her baby or had her poor heart broken by a false positive test, and at the same time being gagged by TLC so that she can't share the truth with them and reach out for their comfort. However it turns out, I don't think they'll attribute anything negative to Whitney.

I figured as much. Those fans aren't going to be upset by anything Whitney does. She might be pregnant? Awesome! Whitney is going to be such a GREAT Mom!!!! False positive? Aw, so sad...Poor Whitney. She must be SOOO disappointed. Faked storyline for the show? Thanks Whitney! You really did a great job showing the world what it's like to have PCOS!

She will "win" no matter how they portray her. 

• Love 8