Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Knocked Up?

• Start Topic

I don't think she's pregnant.  I think all the clips from the previews of her "telling" people are scenes where she's testing someone to see their reaction to a pregnancy scare (which is what I think Lenny's clip is) or her discussing a hypothetical pregnancy scare with other people (which is what I think the radio station clip is).

• Love 3

I don't believe Whitney is/was pregnant. She certainly isn't now! After the show, she posted pictures of 3 positive pregnancy tests on Facebook, and  I was horrified by the gleeful stream of messages of excitement,  love and support and "oh you are going to be the bestest mom ever" and "I am overweight and have PCOS and now I know my deep wish to have a baby can come true because of you"  on her Facebook page from her fans. I guess even Whitney has some vestige of a conscience around this issue, because she posted a sad-faced video today saying how much she wished she could say more about the episode, but she can't due to her TLC contract until after next week's show. (And now her fans are all worried about her - losing a baby is such a miserable experience, poor poor Whitney!)

So I confidently predict the next show will include either false positives or a "miscarriage." And if I thought she was an awful human being before this, and I did, I have no words sufficient to describe what I think of her now.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 14

New to this board but have been watching this show from the beginning (for some reason). I think the positive test(s) is either due to her health issues, or, something sad happens. I'm leaning toward it being related to her PCOS or something else though. Looking at the rest of the previews, she seems none the worse for wear, which makes me lean less toward miscarriage, unless she just didn't care. Either way, using it as a ratings grab is pretty low.

Edited by gonecrackers
clarification
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

New to this board but have been watching this show from the beginning (for some reason). I think the positive test(s) is either due to her health issues, or, something sad happens. I'm leaning toward it being related to her PCOS or something else though. Looking at the rest of the previews, she seems none the worse for wear, which makes me lean less toward miscarriage, unless she just didn't care. Either way, using it as a ratings grab is pretty low.

Found this on a site called pregnancy corner: "Of course, it is possible for a woman to become pregnant, get a positive test result, and then miscarry. This is known as a chemical pregnancy. A positive hCG test result does not necessarily indicate a viable pregnancy. If an at-home pregnancy test shows a positive result, it is important to have a healthcare professional confirm the result with a blood test; after that, it is important that you continue to see your healthcare practitioner on a regular basis so that he or she can help you maximize your chances of maintaining a healthy pregnancy."

Guess we'll have to wait and see!

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Runnergirl said:

Found this on a site called pregnancy corner: "Of course, it is possible for a woman to become pregnant, get a positive test result, and then miscarry. This is known as a chemical pregnancy. A positive hCG test result does not necessarily indicate a viable pregnancy. If an at-home pregnancy test shows a positive result, it is important to have a healthcare professional confirm the result with a blood test; after that, it is important that you continue to see your healthcare practitioner on a regular basis so that he or she can help you maximize your chances of maintaining a healthy pregnancy."

Been there, done that, unfortunately, more than once. Physically it could be either a shorter or longer recovery, emotionally can be tough. Judging by the previews, I thought she seems just fine, so, maybe it's just related to an existing condition, & not a pregnancy/miscarriage (hopefully not). She does seem a bit sad in her video, but like another poster said that could just be an attack of conscience due to the well wishers. Their reactions would've been expected though, so it bothers me either way that whatever happened to her is being used on the show, & I'm hoping the issue is closed up by next week's episode. It sounds like it will be as she said she can't comment until then.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, my3sons said:

I haven't watched since season one but was sucked into watching it last night by the pregnancy clips.  My first thought was the pregnant DJs urine was used to ensure a positive pregnancy test.  On an upcoming episode, I saw where Whitney tells the people at the radio station she's pregnant.  I'm wondering if she's even been to the doctor to confirm that it's not a false positive.  When I was pregnant, my husband and I never uttered a word -- not even to our parents or siblings -- until after the first trimester.  If Whitney is pregnant, I wish her nothing but the best because having children is one of the most beautiful experiences of a woman's life.  If she's not and this is just a preconceived plot to suck in viewers, I will be done with the show forever.  Oh how long for the good old days before 'reality' tv which isn't reality but scripted.

There are no false positives.  False negatives, yes, but not false positives.

ETA: well, it could, but it's very rare.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 2

I don't know the nuances of how pregnancy tests and hormones work, but maybe it was an ectopic pregnancy. It would explain why the test was positive, why the ultrasound doesn't look like a pregnancy, and why she would be sad and not seem to be pregnant now.

• Love 3
Just now, M.F. Luder said:

I don't know the nuances of how pregnancy tests and hormones work, but maybe it was an ectopic pregnancy. It would explain why the test was positive, why the ultrasound doesn't look like a pregnancy, and why she would be sad and not seem to be pregnant now.

An ectopic, or tubal, pregnancy is a genuine medical emergency. She would either have to have surgery or she'd almost certainly be dead. 

• Love 8

Yeah, I know it's a serious emergency. I haven't seen this episode yet, so I might be saying something stupid, but maybe she does get the surgery in an upcoming episode (if it is an ectopic pregnancy). I should probably have waited to actually watch the episode before commenting, but I was working on the assumption that she just took an at-home pregnancy test and hadn't yet gone to the doctor. 

• Love 2

Has Allistair asked for a paternity test?

Well, Will certainly has sold out to TLC.   His praise of Whitney?   I do not see any weight loss. I guess he threw the scale out along with his integrity.

• Love 12

I think that video above proves she miscarried.  Said she cant talk about anything until next week,  but she seemed very sad and emotional...

I know I know..its Whitney?

I think with all the well wishers on her fb, she realizes the backlash that could happen if she doesnt say something 

Edited by Christi
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Christi said:

I think that video above proves she miscarried.  Said she cant talk about anything until next week,  but she seemed very sad and emotional...

I know I know..its Whitney?

I think with all the well wishers on her fb, she realizes the backlash that could happen if she doesnt say something 

Don't forget, as she pointedly reminded us last season, she's an actress.

• Love 3

She looks absolutely enormous to me, she must be close to 400 pounds, no? Her butt from the back and the stomach seem larger than ever.

The scene in the bedroom was so strange. Why would her friend just sit there in her bra or whatever when the parents came in? Wouldn't you get up and cover yourself and probably even leave? I don't know what to think about that. If it WASN'T staged (and who really know for sure anymore with this show) then I felt badly for her parents having to stumble into that. How come we've never heard of Donna??

• Love 3

IF she were pregnant, there would be gift registries all over the place, and they would be publicized on social media.  Anyone seen one of those?  If not, there's no baby.  Unless the gift registry includes a flat screen tv (for the nursery), and other stuff like that.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Runnergirl said:

I have had 3 of these. They are actually very common. Some studies have shown that the majority of women off of bc have had one. People are only now becoming aware of them because tests are getting better and you can test sooner. I finally made a deal with myself not to test until at least 6 weeks after missing a period-that way a full cycle had passed.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, Christi said:

See, I think it demonstrates that she is lying the whole way through it and acting. She doesn't look much at the camera, looking away from the screen, blinking, touching her face, etc. She can't look at the camera because she knows she's full of it. Even the "choked up" voice doesn't match her eyes. Her eyes are never bright with unshed tears and she's got no teartracks or dry eyes from crying a lot. I think at least part of her statement was scripted. She had to keep looking down at it.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Pepperminty said:

The scene in the bedroom was so strange. Why would her friend just sit there in her bra or whatever when the parents came in? Wouldn't you get up and cover yourself and probably even leave? I don't know what to think about that. If it WASN'T staged (and who really know for sure anymore with this show) then I felt badly for her parents having to stumble into that. How come we've never heard of Donna??

We have talked a lot about Donna on here. Look under the "friends" thread. Donna has lived with her for the past few years, she just wasnt filmed for whatever reason.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Honey said:

There are no false positives.  False negatives, yes, but not false positives.

ETA: well, it could, but it's very rare.

I had a partial hysterectomy and still get positive pregnancy tests. It is due to the cysts on my ovaries. I have ovaries but no uterus. It happens. PCOS can also cause false positives, as can protein in the urine and chemical pregnancies, as previously discussed.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Lesia said:

I think she's starting to get the butt flap, kind of like that one on "My 600 lb. Life"- Charity? Chastity?  Bleh.

Butt wings. 

Pee-pad meatloaf isn't far behind - with Boo Bear as sous chef.

37 minutes ago, MegD said:

See, I think it demonstrates that she is lying the whole way through it and acting. She doesn't look much at the camera, looking away from the screen, blinking, touching her face, etc. She can't look at the camera because she knows she's full of it. Even the "choked up" voice doesn't match her eyes. Her eyes are never bright with unshed tears and she's got no teartracks or dry eyes from crying a lot. I think at least part of her statement was scripted. She had to keep looking down at it.

I agree. I don't think she was ever pregnant. That's very, very unlikely in a morbidly obese woman with PCOS and what is said to be just a sporadic sex life. Faking that test would have been very easy and I'm sure Whit would think nothing of arranging for that.

Hey, she needed a story to keep people watching. The only thing to compete with a baby would be a wedding. That'll be next.

Maybe it will touch her non-existent conscience just a little to realize that many of her fans - also obese and/or with PCOS - took false hope from her saying she had conceived. I don't care about some of the other crap she's pulled, but this is going too far.

Conscience, much?

• Love 10

New to this forum but all I can say is everything just seems sooo FAKE and set up. I  have a feeling that not only is Whitney not pregnant but there will be a backlash next week against her. They're playing this pregnancy storyline way too hard and right out the gate and people are congratulating her on Facebook already. Something else is going on imo and also if she's hitting the gym and recommitted herself why is she looking heavier than ever? Wth is going on with her? Where are the positive changes? 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

I was sooooooo embarrassed for everyone in that radio studio when Whitney looked gobsmacked that Ron had a girlfriend the whole time he's known her, and she kept insisting that he liked her and was flirting with her. I know it might have been a surprise to hear, but her reaction was way over the top and she took it really personally.

That was pretty funny, although I do kind of agree with Whitney that he had been flirty with her. Remember, he came to her dance performance and I think brought her flowers there?? 

• Love 2

I haven't even watched this shitshow yet (scheduled for tonight), but I'm already steaming, just reading your comments so far.  If she really isn't pregnant, then how dare she (and TLC) play around with that?  If she isn't pregnant or she miscarried and they're actually using that as a teasing plot point, then fuck TLC and Whitney very, very hard.  People lose babies and it's not a joke or a zany plot twist in this insane woman's pathetic life.  /rant

As for Lenny, that dude must be tremendously hard-up for money if he's willing to continue subjecting himself to this public embarrassment (not that I think he has any other viable irons in the fire).

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

I haven't even watched this shitshow yet (scheduled for tonight), but I'm already steaming, just reading your comments so far.  If she really isn't pregnant, then how dare she (and TLC) play around with that?  If she isn't pregnant or she miscarried and they're actually using that as a teasing plot point, then fuck TLC and Whitney very, very hard.  People lose babies and it's not a joke or a zany plot twist in this insane woman's pathetic life.  /rant

As for Lenny, that dude must be tremendously hard-up for money if he's willing to continue subjecting himself to this public embarrassment (not that I think he has any other viable irons in the fire).

Just out of curiosity, what do you all think the reactions would be if she decided to terminate?

I'll start - I will be sad for all the women out there with PCOS and other issues trying and spending thousands to conceive.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, notyrmomma said:

Just out of curiosity, what do you all think the reactions would be if she decided to terminate?

I'll start - I will be sad for all the women out there with PCOS and other issues trying and spending thousands to conceive.  

I agree 100%.  I hate the "Is she or isn't she?" aspect of this for that very reason.  I'll reserve any further comments or assumptions until I watch the episode tonight.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

But he's an ARTIST! Sarcasm included.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, saratothej said:

That was pretty funny, although I do kind of agree with Whitney that he had been flirty with her. Remember, he came to her dance performance and I think brought her flowers there?? 

Fake. The radio crew already said they were all there together at the fake competition, and the producers set up the "Roy gives the flowers to Whitney' moment. And Roy has been incredibly restrained and polite around Whitney, but his micro-expressions have been of annoyance, disbelief and, at times, disgust.

• Love 13
Spoiler

I am so confused with this show.  If this is just a ploy to get sympathy or rating FUCK YOU I am 67 years old and never had a pregnancy that actually resulted in a live child.  I had two babies die and the rest were not viable...so there is that....I am done watching this show

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I hope she gets hell if she wasn't actually pregnant..., why post all those pregnancy tests after the fact if it turned out be an ovarian cyst?

Very pathetic of her to post this if she isn't and was never pregnant.

Edited by Nutella
  • Love 4

Well, I had written this show up to being just VERY STAGED.  Some reality shows are and some aren't.  I can take them both.  This one seems to be very heavy with it, but, it still does make me laugh and although Whitney FRUSTRATES me to death at times, I still like her and find the show amusing.  Okay, then last night.....OMG.  I'm not sure if this is a stunt or what, but, it got my attention.  I'm reserving my judgment.  

I agree with others who have said, that with VERY large women, you often cannot tell that they are pregnant.  At nine months, they look the same as before they got pregnant.  And after delivery, they look no different. So, who knows WHEN these scenes were filmed.  Is it possible, that she's already delivered?  Did she give birth soon after learning she was pregnant?

To me, the lease issue with Buddy was  prefabricated, the woman in the bed with Whitney...Prefabricated....her sick in the gym....Prefabricated. . Almost all of it really. Still, I like it well enough.  And if she would really apply herself, I'd like it even more.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

My guess is that the "pregnancy" has something to do with her PCOS. Production, and Whit, probably thought that it would make an excellent plot point in an attempt to educate people on the trials and tribulations of her "disorder" (putting it in parenthesis because I am not yet sure which one they are going to blame for this, not because I don't believe in any of them). Maybe get some sympathy for ratings. (See how terribly sad it is to be Whitney? Just when she got her hopes up...) I am not even convinced any of it happened. Like someone else hypothesized, this is something that might have happened to her in the past and now they're faking the story line for the show as a plot point. When Whitney got online last night and saw all the "congratulations" and hopeful comments, I believe she was stuck by guilt-THAT is why she looks sad in the hastily made video. She might have realized that she crossed a line and now she's backtracking. 

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Fake. The radio crew already said they were all there together at the fake competition, and the producers set up the "Roy gives the flowers to Whitney' moment. And Roy has been incredibly restrained and polite around Whitney, but his micro-expressions have been of annoyance, disbelief and, at times, disgust.

I'm convinced the radio team saw a woman who was willing to humiliate herself without her knowing it. I also observed Roy seemed annoyed/disgusted with Whitney.

It's as if she was the only one not in on the joke. 

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, saratothej said:

In my memory, Whitney instigated everything with Roy, not the other way around. SHE asked HIM to check out her butt/back/legs when she was on the ground. She asked to sniff HIS underarms. She made him give her a "real" hug last night, instead of the side hug. Although he did show up at the fake dance competition, that was production driven. It wasn't a real contest, it was just another day of filming on the proverbial soundstage. I am sure he was paid for the appearance, as were the other radio people that they declined to show in favor of the narrative. Everyone knew Roy had a girlfriend at the time of filming. They only pretended to be shocked last night because it had come out in an interview a few months ago and they were covering their butts in favor of the storyline that had been created. 

• Love 9

Haven't watched the stupid show yet, but I saw the FB video she made that is posted upthread.  I don't think she was ever pregnant.  There is some medical reason the test was positive, and it wasn't a fetus.  She looked guilty in that video and didn't really know what to say.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, jacksgirl said:

Those butt wings were amazing and hideous at the same time. I think TLC should air My Big Fat Fabulous and My 600 Pound Life back to back. 

My 5-year-old daughter, who watches the show with me, now refers to MY 600-POUND LIFE as "butt wings." "Let's watch butt wings, mama!" In her defense, she also cheers for them every time they lose weight and are able to drive themselves around. She's a big fan. 

Did I hear her correctly when she told Buddy that she and Lenny had only had sex 3 times? He asked her something about sex and I swear she said, "Three times." Didn't they date for over a year? I mean, I have been married for a decade and have two kids. We're tired a lot and, you know, sometimes things suffer. But they should have still been in their honeymoon phase, right?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

My 5-year-old daughter, who watches the show with me, now refers to MY 600-POUND LIFE as "butt wings." "Let's watch butt wings, mama!" In her defense, she also cheers for them every time they lose weight and are able to drive themselves around. She's a big fan. 

Did I hear her correctly when she told Buddy that she and Lenny had only had sex 3 times? He asked her something about sex and I swear she said, "Three times." Didn't they date for over a year? I mean, I have been married for a decade and have two kids. We're tired a lot and, you know, sometimes things suffer. But they should have still been in their honeymoon phase, right?

Whitney was talking to Heather, but, I think she was saying that she and Lenny had sex 3 times SINCE they broke up, not total in their relationship. That was my interpretation. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Whitney was talking to Heather, but, I think she was saying that she and Lenny had sex 3 times SINCE they broke up, not total in their relationship. That was my interpretation. 

Gotcha! I thought I remembered something like that. Forgot it was Heather. They start blending in together for me. 

Someone on Whitney's page wrote that, a week or so ago, Buddy posted that Whitney WAS pregnancy and miscarried. He apparently deleted the post 20 minutes later. No idea if that's true. I gather all my Whitney info from here and Reddit. I can only handle her news in small, controlled doses. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Haven't watched the stupid show yet, but I saw the FB video she made that is posted upthread.  I don't think she was ever pregnant.  There is some medical reason the test was positive, and it wasn't a fetus.  She looked guilty in that video and didn't really know what to say.

Yeah, she used a pregnant woman 's urine.

I 100% believe this is a faked storyline and she's a piece of shit.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, lovetheduns said:

That is actually kind of sad. I mean you would think that is one of the "cool" things about being pregnant is the visible changes in your body that you are carrying some precious cargo.

Never been pregnant but when my horse was pregnant and then showing later in her pregnancy it was exciting and so much more real.

I feel pretty certain the woman in question had plenty of visible changes in her body, even if she did not "show" with a basketball tummy like someone tiny would. Her pregnancy was probably still "cool" to her in spite of her obesity - even fat women get to feel their babies kick. I am not trying to be rude, your response just sort of rubbed me the wrong way. Like - oh bless that fat lady's heart, she didn't even get a cool pregnancy. 

If Whitney is pregnant, I hope the show uses is an opportunity to review some of the complications PCOS patients deal with during a pregnancy - increased miscarriage rates, increased preeclampsia rates, increased gestational diabetes rates, etc. It's not a cakewalk and you have to be very careful and get good medical care - and even that does not rule out complications.  For so many of us, PCOS is an obstacle and once we are pregnant, we're like WOOHOO! BABY!  - but there's plenty of stuff still to deal with. This is one of the things I've been disappointed about with this show - so many women have PCOS, why not use this platform to really educate people about it instead of just showing us Whitney on skis?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Those butt wings were amazing and hideous at the same time. I think TLC should air My Big Fat Fabulous and My 600 Pound Life back to back. 

I'd never seen "butt wings" before 600 lb life. Makes sense, someone who's immobile the fat needs to go somewhere. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Just B said:

Everyone needs to head over to My big fat fab life facebook page and check out the newest post...yup there's your answer! Whitney is NOT pregnant! TLC felt the heat for sure lol

Just watched it. As many predicted, it was some sort of false positive. How convenient that she ran and told Lenny BEFORE going to the actual doctor. DRAMA! 

• Love 7