Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/12/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

Doesn't look like KAC showed up.  I'm thankful for small miracles. 

well, considering the major NEWSWEEK article detailing Trump's conflict of interest issues, and Trump cancelled his press conference on conflict of interest scheduled for this week, I think his camp has to re-group and figure out how to respond to this.   (I urge everyone to read the Newsweek article)

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

Doesn't look like KAC showed up.  I'm thankful for small miracles. 

Odds are she was told NOT to go.  Didn't Trump mention this show at one time, insulting the hosts?  I was looking forward to Sunny and Joy nailing her on avoiding the question along with everything else.  Everything else is a huge topic!  I would like to hear her defend the appointment of Flynn.  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, backformore said:

well, considering the major NEWSWEEK article detailing Trump's conflict of interest issues, and Trump cancelled his press conference on conflict of interest scheduled for this week, I think his camp has to re-group and figure out how to respond to this.   (I urge everyone to read the Newsweek article)

It just keeps getting worse.  Chilling.  Everyone, read this, please. 

• Love 11

I've been keeping up with all of it. Probably too much and it's making me crazy. People are right to be scared. I'm glad not to see that KAC on today. She's just one of the many brainwashed puppets running around defending the indefensible.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Fisher King said:

I've been keeping up with all of it. Probably too much and it's making me crazy. People are right to be scared. I'm glad not to see that KAC on today. She's just one of the many brainwashed puppets running around defending the indefensible.

I took a break.  Not a good idea because all that I missed is now coming at me.  Well, I hope there isn't anymore.   

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Joy does not look good. What I mean is physically she seems uncomfortable. More than just the complete hopelessness, despair and shattered dreams us T**** haters are experiencing. She appears unwell. She seems to pull herself together when the camera is on her. On the other hand, she is doing a stand up gig, so who knows.

She is fine, she is operating with a flat tire as we all are.  She perks up when hot topics are over and they move on to lighter fare.  

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

The view panel calling that stunt with kanye "outreach" was pathetic and absurd. 

Yes and shocked Sunny said that.  I think she was desperately trying to find some small piece of positive in something.  It didn't fly.  

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Haleth said:

Too bad Sunny couldn't literally pants her.

I was so glad to read this...only for the word "pantsed."   When my boys (middle-aged men now) were in high school, they corrected my use of "pantsed."  They "explained" that it's "depanteds."    WRONG!

2 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I was so glad to read this...only for the word "pantsed."   When my boys (middle-aged men now) were in high school, they corrected my use of "pantsed."  They "explained" that it's "depanteds."    WRONG!

I'm confused!!  I thought "pants" was a typo.  What am I missing?

Christmas  was originally a pagan holiday.  Christians didn't know when Christ was born so they tagged it onto a holiday already being celebrated for other reasons.

Regardless of when exactly Jesus was born, the date of December 25 has always played a significant role in the calendar, even before Jesus was born. In pre-Christian pagan belief, December 25 marked what was known as the Winter Solstice. Sol is the ancient Latin word for ‘Sun’, and Stice literally means ‘standing still’. It was celebrated by sun-worshippers as the day signaling the middle of winter, the shortest day of the solar calendar. This day was celebrated in different ways by different people all over the world.

For the pre-Christian Romans, December 25 marked their most important holiday, Saturnalia. This was later renamed to ‘Sol Invicti’, which means ‘the unconquerable sun’, in honor of the Syrian sun-god Apollo. Ancient Egyptians also used to celebrate December 25 in worship of Ra, or Horus, the sun-god child of Isis and Orisis. In Mesopotamia, the mythical god Marduk, who was believed to fight against the cold and darkness, was also worshipped on this day. The Aztecs on this day would sacrifice children in worship of their sun-god, Huitzilopochli. North-western Europe hosted festivities for the Nordic god Balder, while the Ancient Greeks dedicated the day for Adonis and Dionysos. For the Ancient Persians, December 25 represented the birth of Mithra, the sun-god.

http://www.worldbulletin.net/history/125609/christmas-before-christ-december-25-and-paganism

What I I hate the most are Christians sounding off about this holiday being commercial and the true meaning is lost.  She would have gone full frontal on this being Christ's birthday.  So glad she is gone.   Only 33% of the world is Christian so not everyone is on board with this.  It is celebrated around the world having nothing to do with Christ in many places. 

Jed tossed out the word atheist and implied we don't believe in anything.  It was at the end of a sentence and she trailed off.   Common misconception.  I have strong spiritual beliefs that many atheists share.  I just don't believe in a celestial dictator.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm confused!!  I thought "pants" was a typo.  What am I missing?

I bet my boys' use makes more sense for you.   To "pants" someone is to pull down his pants...usually a boy, usually a prank.  Often mean.   Is that good?

• Love 1

Sunny, I know you are trying to be nice, but quit defending Trump's actions in picking appointments. Trump is bringing in his old enemies to make them kiss his ring and grovel before him. Romney was a complete fool to fall for that. Carly Fiorino and Rick Perry are fools too, but Trump just might give them special treats and appoint them to positions that they are totally unqualified for, then he can try to appear magnanimous. If Jeb Bush joins this group of crazies, I'll be surprised, because he seems too smart and maybe too principled to align himself with these idiots.  Trump is a complete madman. Who knows what is going through his screwball head? (He and Kanye make good buddies because they both seem off their rockers.)

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 17

I am fond of Sunny but sometimes she is such a goody-two-shoes.  She was just being dense about the whole Trump screwing with Romney thing.  She wants to believe Trump appointing X person who was critical of him is evidence he is not an evil asshole sadist, and she just refused to grasp Jedi's point about how Trump was willing to stick it to Romney because Romney is unpopular with certain republicans ... he could get away with it.  But Trump couldn't get away with treating Rick Perry that way because Perry is too well-liked.  Sunny loses a point for not getting it and I will award Jed a point for trying to get her to understand.

And now I will swiftly swipe that point from Jed and award it back to Sunny because Jed was pretty dense herself about the Christmas discussion despite Sunny trying to edumacate her.  Jed doesn't seem to grasp that when it comes to public schools, separation of church and state demands that you leave the religious aspect of the holiday out on the curb, or you can't make Christmas a thing at all (and depending on where you live, sometimes even that is pushing it).  

Jed (and Sara's) assertion that because nothing religious is being "required" or barred with the Peanuts display means it okay showed they don't get it.  The means of establishing a religion is very subtle (as Joy and Sunny were trying to explain) ... and promotion of a religion is the first step to establishment of a religion.  So that is where the line is typically drawn.  You cannot promote a particular religion in a public school.  And a Peanuts display proclaiming Jesus as savior is arguably promoting Christianity. I agree with Sunny and Joy that the display was not appropriate. 

Whoopi had a valid point about it being Christmas and Jesus is the reason the holiday is celebrated and you can't expect people to ignore that fact.  But she seemed to entirely miss the public school aspect of the discussion which makes her point irrelevant because it's really all about the location.  What's fine in your grocery store or doctor's office or your front yard has no bearing on what is fine in a public school. Her comparison to abortion rights was completely misguided. That was not an appropriate comparison at all.  Because if you take her comments in the context of the school discussion, she seemed to be suggesting that the right to have a religious display in public school was akin to a woman's personal choice to have an abortion because nobody is requiring you to celebrate Christmas just like no one requires you to have an abortion.  Except children ARE in fact (generally) required to attend public school. And when displays within that public school cross the line into promotion of a particular religion, it can be argued that you are violating the Establishment Clause.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

And now I will swiftly swipe that point from Jed and award it back to Sunny because Jed was pretty dense herself about the Christmas discussion despite Sunny trying to edumacate her.  Jed doesn't seem to grasp that when it comes to public schools, separation of church and state demands that you leave the religious aspect of the holiday out on the curb, or you can't make Christmas a thing at all (and depending on where you live, sometimes even that is pushing it).  

Yes, and this has been the case for a while, at least where I am.  My kids are adults, but when they were in grade school, it was clear that the two weeks off were "Winter Break", not Christmas break.  And parties all had themes of snowmen and snowflakes.  People have always taken issue with it, thinking that somehow they aren't being allowed to celebrate Christmas.  I always respond - don't you celebrate it at home?  Is anyone stopping you?

Having gone through catholic schools, where religion is entered into EVERYTHING, I'm glad for good public schools where they can leave religion out of it.

• Love 16

I agree with you, Celia, except for one point.  

16 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Whoopi had a valid point about it being Christmas and Jesus is the reason the holiday is celebrated and you can't expect people to ignore that fact.

Christians believe this is true but many of us see this as a day to exchange gifts and get together with family and friends.    I don't ignore that others see this as Christs birthday so she is right on that part.  :^)  You cannot ignore it, it is everywhere!  This holiday existed before Christ was born so his birthday is not the sole reason why xmas exists.  

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I am fond of Sunny but sometimes she is such a goody-two-shoes.  She was just being dense about the whole Trump screwing with Romney thing.  She wants to believe Trump appointing X person who was critical of him is evidence he is not an evil asshole sadist, and she just refused to grasp Jedi's point about how Trump was willing to stick it to Romney because Romney is unpopular with certain republicans ... he could get away with it.  But Trump couldn't get away with treating Rick Perry that way because Perry is too well-liked.  Sunny loses a point for not getting it and I will award Jed a point for trying to get her to understand.

Jed (and Sara's) assertion that because nothing religious is being "required" or barred with the Peanuts display means it okay showed they don't get it.  The means of establishing a religion is very subtle (as Joy and Sunny were trying to explain) ... and promotion of a religion is the first step to establishment of a religion.  So that is where the line is typically drawn.  You cannot promote a particular religion in a public school.  And a Peanuts display proclaiming Jesus as savior is arguably promoting Christianity. I agree with Sunny and Joy that the display was not appropriate. 

Whoopi had a valid point about it being Christmas and Jesus is the reason the holiday is celebrated and you can't expect people to ignore that fact.  But she seemed to entirely miss the public school aspect of the discussion which makes her point irrelevant because it's really all about the location.  What's fine in your grocery store or doctor's office or your front yard has no bearing on what is fine in a public school. Her comparison to abortion rights was completely misguided. That was not an appropriate comparison at all.  Because if you take her comments in the context of the school discussion, she seemed to be suggesting that the right to have a religious display in public school was akin to a woman's personal choice to have an abortion because nobody is requiring you to celebrate Christmas just like no one requires you to have an abortion.  Except children ARE in fact (generally) required to attend public school. And when displays within that public school cross the line into promotion of a particular religion, it can be argued that you are violating the Establishment Clause.

^^^ EXACTLY!!! ^^^  Well said, Celia!!

From the beginning I thought Trump was shining Romney on to stick it in & twist it.  I think Mitt Romney is, basically, an honest man who expressed his misgivings about Trump (before everyone else) & Trump's thin skinned brain filed it away.  I feel bad for Romney!!

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I agree with you, Celia, except for one point.  

Christians believe this is true but many of us see this as a day to exchange gifts and get together with family and friends.    I don't ignore that others see this as Christs birthday so she is right on that part.  :^)  You cannot ignore it, it is everywhere!  This holiday existed before Christ was born so his birthday is not the sole reason why xmas exists.  

Merry Saturnalia and a Joyous Winter Solstice to you, Wings! Of course you are correct.  But to the majority of Americans, it's Christmas! Christmas! Christmas! and (supposedly) all about Jesus.  But the truth is, Jesus really has very little to do with the holiday anymore, let's face it.  Maybe that is why certain panelists are down with the idea of plastering Jesus is Savior stuff all over classrooms.  They want to get back to the fake roots they believe the holiday sprang from.  Because heaven forbid the truth leak about the holiday leak out to the masses ... next thing you know, some Pagan teacher might start plastering Goddess affirmations around the classroom, lol.  I wonder how certain panelists would feel about that.  No one is REQUIRING you get naked and dance in a circle, after all.  Right?  

Anyway, Whoopi was just spewing platitudes and I don't think she personally gives a crap about Jesus at all.  It was just another excuse to wag her finger at everyone.

Which reminds me, nice of her to once again turn her nose up at the personal issues the other women bring up.  Sara and Sunny and Jed were talking about not being able to delegate responsibilities and saying how mistakes they made really bothered them.  But of course Whoopi NEVER has those kinds of problems.  She has it all whipped, like always.  It gets so damn tiresome.  She's just so much more together, so much more on the ball, so above everyone else and their petty little hangups.  I usually chalk things like that up to Whoopi's enormous ego but then Joy chimed in too, suggesting they all need a shrink.  I was disappointed in her. I expect that kind of judgey superiority from Whoopi, but hearing that from Joy kind of surprised me.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Which reminds me, nice of her to once again turn her nose up at the personal issues the other women bring up.  Sara and Sunny and Jed were talking about not being able to delegate responsibilities and saying how mistakes they made really bothered them.  But of course Whoopi NEVER has those kinds of problems.  She has it all whipped, like always.  It gets so damn tiresome.  She's just so much more together, so much more on the ball, so above everyone else and their petty little hangups.  I usually chalk things like that up to Whoopi's enormous ego but then Joy chimed in too, suggesting they all need a shrink.  I was disappointed in her. I expect that kind of judgey superiority from Whoopi, but hearing that from Joy kind of surprised me.

I haven't watched the show yet, but it kind of reminds me of when they were talking about women apologizing a lot and Sara said that she is guilty of saying "I'm sorry" frequently.  Whoopi said she never says she's sorry.  (She actually begins every argument with I"m sorry, but I guess it is not an apology.) And Joy agreed with Whoopi that she (Joy) never says sorry either.

• Love 8

I didn't understand why Ali Wentworth was so abruptly shut down when she started to tell the story of her 14 year old daughter lamenting on election night that she wouldn't be able to get an abortion since Trump won the election.  (I heard the story on a different show).  It seemed rude and Ali seemed confused.

Whoopie really needs to rein in the "welcome to The View" shit.  She seems to be getting worse.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Whoopi had a valid point about it being Christmas and Jesus is the reason the holiday is celebrated

Jesus is not the reason for the season. I'm sick and tired of hearing people say that. The Church co-opted the Saturnalia holiday because they couldn't convert the pagans. So, it was a "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" kind of move. In fact, based on the available information and the travel times involved, Jesus was most probably born around June. Even the Bible has enough clues to give lie to the Church's move: https://www.ucg.org/the-good-news/biblical-evidence-shows-jesus-christ-wasnt-born-on-dec-25

And, no, I'm not atheist. But I'm also not a sheeple. And now you can be free from sheepledom, too! You're welcome.

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

but then Joy chimed in too, suggesting they all need a shrink.  I was disappointed in her. I expect that kind of judgey superiority from Whoopi, but hearing that from Joy kind of surprised me.

...I haven't seen the show, but I think Joy is a proud supporter of therapy.  She practices it, believes in it, and often says that everyone would benefit from it.  I can't disagree about the "judgy" comment because I didn't see the show.

• Love 2

I find it ironic that Christians forced schools to turn Halloween into "Fall Festival" while they are deeply offended by Christmas being turned into "Winter Festival" for the exact same reason-- religious correctness.  Jed's lamenting that there is no reason for offense over Christian displays misses the point. It's not being offended, it's fear of opening a door that promotes Christianity exclusively and denies equal representation by other faiths on public property.  I read a post on FB today about a story of crosses being removed from a Christmas tree at a courthouse.  The poster said everyone should protest by filling their (own) lawns with crosses. That'll show that evil ACLU.  I could only shake my head as she clearly didn't understand that that evil ACLU would whole heartedly support that.

• Love 13

pa·gan

noun

a person holding religious beliefs other than those of the main world religions.

synonyms:heathen, infidel, idolater, idolatress; 

archaicpaynim

"pagans worshiped the sun"

A common misconception (from Christians) is that pagan means some weird belief system that involves getting naked or swinging dead cats, by the tail, over your head under a full moon.  LOL!  Not true.   Just means you don't belong to an organized religion, holidays same thing.  

37 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Merry Saturnalia and a Joyous Winter Solstice to you, Wings!

Ha ha ha ha!  I am all about getting presents, personally.  :^)  No naked dancing. 

I am just a regular atheist and don't identify with the archaic and misunderstood word pagan.   It is the same thing with Easter, too.  No religious roots either.  Christians are common thieves!  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Fisher King said:

It hasn't even started, wings707.

I know, I know.  Bangs head on wall and heads to closet floor to rock and whimper. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

Jesus is not the reason for the season. I'm sick and tired of hearing people say that. The Church co-opted the Saturnalia holiday because they couldn't convert the pagans. So, it was a "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" kind of move. In fact, based on the available information and the travel times involved, Jesus was most probably born around June. Even the Bible has enough clues to give lie to the Church's move: https://www.ucg.org/the-good-news/biblical-evidence-shows-jesus-christ-wasnt-born-on-dec-25

And, no, I'm not atheist. But I'm also not a sheeple. And now you can be free from sheepledom, too! You're welcome.

Thanks for the info but I actually already mentioned Saturnalia in the post I made up above yours.  I think more people are aware of the pagan roots of the winter holiday than you might suspect.  That being said, I don't agree that acknowledging the fact that in modern America Christmas is supposedly a celebration of the birth of Jesus is being "a sheeple."  It's just being realistic about contemporary society for purposes of discussing something that came up on the show.  It's not an endorsement of anyone's misguided beliefs about the origin of the holiday.

53 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

...I haven't seen the show, but I think Joy is a proud supporter of therapy.  She practices it, believes in it, and often says that everyone would benefit from it.  I can't disagree about the "judgy" comment because I didn't see the show.

I think my perception of Joy's comment came from her tone when she said it.  She was being a bit ... well,  contemptuous is too strong a word, but she was heading toward that.  Disdainful?  She seemed to think the other women were being stupid, basically.  But perhaps she was being sincere and Whoopi's stank attitude tainted my perception, lol.  That happens from time to time.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 3
On December 12, 2016 at 5:27 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I must have been a very good old lady this year because Santa delivered another gift from my Christmas list today!  

First Whoopi announced this was her last season.  Then Candice left (and in a snit, apparently, which only makes it more delicious).  And then Jediho-bag got seriously called out on her lies and double talk when Sunny pantsed her live on the air today.  And you could tell Jed was upset by it, lol.  Oh happy day!  I did ask that she actually be made to cry on the air, but I will settle for what I got.  I'm pretty sure she cried after the show was over, anyway, so good enough for me.

I wonder what Santa will deliver tomorrow ... IIRC, the next thing on my list was for I someone slap KellyAnne Conway right across the face.

I'm crossing my fingers! 

What was Candice's snit? I'm glad, but I want to hear more. 

• Love 1

Christmas  was originally a pagan holiday.  Christians didn't know when Christ was born so they tagged it onto a holiday already being celebrated for other reasons.

Something that most religions do. I think most Christians, including myself, are aware that December 25 is not Jesus's birthday. I look at it the way I look at my pets' birthdays -- "as celebrated on." I don't know what their actual birthdays are, so I pick a day and celebrate that they came into the world. It doesn't matter when they actually did, just that I have a day when they are feted (if people tuna and peanut butter kongs a celebration make!)

One of my favorite parts of visiting England was seeing an ancient Christian church built smack dab in the middle of an even more ancient stone circle. :-)

Religions that are seeking adherents nearly always use a pre-existing religion as a validation. Roman gods were based on Greek gods (or vice versa, I can never remember). Jerusalem is the most holy city of three major religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam). Joseph Smith said that the Book of Mormon was a continuation of the Christian Bible. And on and on it goes.... you could look at it as marketing.

I have problems with Christians who deny that many of our best-loved religious traditions have pagan roots. Not a deal-breaker for me, obviously. If you want the straight Christmas story, go to the Bible and you'll be amazed what isn't there. (And, yes, I do get slightly uncomfortable when I go to Christmas services at fundie churches with relatives and they have Christmas trees and little blonde female angels -- Biblically, angels are male, and pretty damn scary. The first thing they always say is, "don't be afraid." Biblically, they are NOT sweet little girls with tinsel haloes!)

On a totally different subject -- KellyAnn! And her not being there! Yet another broken commitment. I have to wonder if yesterday's comment by Whoopi dissing her, something regarding her being "fake news," had something to do with it. Whoopi said it, and Joy said, "You know, she'll be here this week," and Whoopi muttered something about not caring.

I'm amazed they didn't dwell on her absence, since her appearance was so promoted.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 5

Bronzedog I agree. I don't understand why Ali wasn't allowed to tell her story uninterrupted. It was awkward. On a superficial note - I think she looks great. The under eye bags are gone. I'm all for aging naturally and gracefully, but if you have the wherewithal to improve things, go for it, especially when you're in the limelight.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

I read a post on FB today about a story of crosses being removed from a Christmas tree at a courthouse.  The poster said everyone should protest by filling their (own) lawns with crosses. That'll show that evil ACLU.  I could only shake my head as she clearly didn't understand that that evil ACLU would whole heartedly support that.

An atheist activist, Robert Sherman, died here in Illinois over the weekend. That was actually something he fought for, to get the lit crosses removed from public land in a suburb. Many people put lit crosses on their front lawns in response. He called it "a festival of religious liberty." Chicago takes a different tack -- on a public plaza, there are representations of many religions -- a menorah, a creche, and a huge cursive A, for "atheist"/"agnostic."

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Bronzedog I agree. I don't understand why Ali wasn't allowed to tell her story uninterrupted. It was awkward. On a superficial note - I think she looks great. The under eye bags are gone. I'm all for aging naturally and gracefully, but if you have the wherewithal to improve things, go for it, especially when you're in the limelight.

Although I'm not "one for the knife", I couldn't condemn Ali for having the surgery.  Her dark bags were really pronounced & something she had been dealing with all her life.  I had the same problem to a lesser extent, but make-up did the trick for me.  She looks fabulous!!!

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

On a totally different subject -- KellyAnn! And her not being there! Yet another broken commitment. I have to wonder if yesterday's comment by Whoopi dissing her, something regarding her being "fake news," had something to do with it. Whoopi said it, and Joy said, "You know, she'll be here this week," and Whoopi muttered something about not caring.

I'm amazed they didn't dwell on her absence, since her appearance was so promoted.

I am positive it was cancelled because of the Newsweek article, not anything Whoopi said.  since the article just came out this morning, the Trump camp hadn't decided how to respond to it yet.  They didn't want KAC to be asked about the conflict of interest stuff, since she screwed up the last time she answered (about Trump being involved in The Apprentice part-time)

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Sorry for the repeat.  In the spot above, a 5-digit number appeared instead of the quote..so here we go!  Read below.

39 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

On a superficial note - I think she looks great. The under eye bags are gone.

I watched (sadly) two episodes of Ali's new "comedy" series.  I noticed that her bags are "mostly" gone (cheers for that), but on different camera angles they are there (barely).  The show tries too hard.  She tries too hard.  It was painful for me...but I'm not an easy audience, especially for what passes these days as comedy.  I'm 76 and entertained more by things on Comedy Central and I'm definitely NOT their demographic.  Also, I think a little of Desperation Ali goes a long way...especially when she hits the talk-show circuit and I hear the same story over and over and over.............................

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

I think Sunny had a producer in her ear piece telling her to move it along and get to her show.  She had come to promote it. 

• Love 5

Oh Whoopi. When she said that America won't be a puppet government, I just kept thinking that Trump will be a puppet president, which is scarier than anything else. Pence was the starting point, but all of the people that Pence Trump is picking is showing that more and more. And while everyone keeps focusing on how crazy Trump is, they forget about Pence and how much power he's going to have and how dangerous he'll be since he's going to be running things and not Trump.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

I haven't watched the show yet, but it kind of reminds me of when they were talking about women apologizing a lot and Sara said that she is guilty of saying "I'm sorry" frequently.  Whoopi said she never says she's sorry.  (She actually begins every argument with I"m sorry, but I guess it is not an apology.) And Joy agreed with Whoopi that she (Joy) never says sorry either.

I don't know, I thought that particular conversation was more about power, and how women often diminish themselves by constantly saying sorry at the drop of a hat. I thought Joy was a little too mocking of Sunny with the shrink comment, but at least most of the time she intends things as a funny jab rather than hateful shutdowns like Whoopi and Joy always ends the conversation smiling with the others. Although, yesterday, when Sunny was giving Jedi the smackdown on her previous comments (since Jedi must think they exist in a different universe every morning, where nothing she's said will ever be brought up again after she contradicts herself on any particular day to win an argument), that Joy had this grin on her face like she was eating it up. Jedi's nonstop fake laughs meant to make herself fun and amiable get on my nerves, just like bringing up the fact that she's a cougar whenever a guest says they're dating someone young, or dancing her way to the table like she's the star, ugh. Just don't like this woman. And I don't believe for a second that Jedi didn't vote for Trump, as Sara said. I'm not really surprised she'd lie about it, considering the whole Libertarian snare is intended to avoid any criticism despite the fact that she spends her time defending Trump on nearly every topic.

Like I said earlier, I didn't understand a word of Whoopi's gibberish on the religion in schools topic. At first I thought she was arguing on Jed's side with "You can't take the Christ out of Christmas," but then she diverged into how they should have Hanukkah decorations and Kwanza decorations, etc. So I really had no idea what she was saying. Just hot air and nonsense. And her pissiness with Sunny is back. Oy vey. I actually liked her with the other three this past month, but I knew she'd revert eventually.

• Love 4

Rachel Maddow gave a "history lesson" on the country of Chad, it's Dictator, oil & Exxon.  A real eye-opener!!!  People like Donald Trump & Mike Pence are really dangerous because they don't know the consequences or their actions or their "world history"!!

• Love 10
5 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I remember thinking at the time that KAC's presence might be why Whoopi was so bitchy today. Don't blame her one bit and I hope she's not any nicer than she was the last time whenever KAC does appear.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Kenz said:

Sunny, I know you are trying to be nice, but quit defending Trump's actions in picking appointments. Trump is bringing in his old enemies to make them kiss his ring and grovel before him. Romney was a complete fool to fall for that. Carly Fiorino and Rick Perry are fools too, but Trump just might give them special treats and appoint them to positions that they are totally unqualified for, then he can try to appear magnanimous. If Jeb Bush joins this group of crazies, I'll be surprised, because he seems too smart and maybe too principled to align himself with these idiots.  Trump is a complete madman. Who knows what is going through his screwball head? (He and Kanye make good buddies because they both seem off their rockers.)

ITA about Kanye, he just got out of psychiatric hospital (apparently had a mental breakdown), so he & Trump have a lot in common!  And they both want to be President :)

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Rachel Maddow gave a "history lesson" on the country of Chad, it's Dictator, oil & Exxon.  A real eye-opener!!!  People like Donald Trump & Mike Pence are really dangerous because they don't know the consequences or their actions or that ExxonMobile has guards on the oil fields - something Trump said he would do when he took the oil fields in Iraq.

12 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Rachel Maddow gave a "history lesson" on the country of Chad, it's Dictator, oil & Exxon.  A real eye-opener!!!  People like Donald Trump & Mike Pence are really dangerous because they don't know the consequences or their actions or their "world history"!!

It was amazing.. I was in awe of Rachel last night.  She sounded sad and discouraged throughout her discourse because she said that none of the Republicans will vote against Drumpf's  pick for Secretary of State.  A man who has worked for Exxon, a company, that puts profits ahead of our country.  It is demoralizing. Yet, Hillary, was called crooked,  by the orange one.  However, I still have hope, because, we have people like Rachel Maddow, Joy Reid and our very own Joy Behar screaming about the dangers associated with Trump and his ilk.  I just hope that they are "allowed" to continue to speak openly about their disdain for the new administration.. As soon as I see, that, they begin to temper their rhetoric, then, I will know that they have been muzzled and that will be super scary for all of us..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10