Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: What We Leave Behind

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

After Prometheus attacks Curtis, Oliver realizes Prometheus knows all of Team Arrow's secret identities and is planning to come for them one by one. Meanwhile, Felicity and Det. Malone discover a clue that links Prometheus to Oliver's past.

That was a great episode.

Loved that Prometheus set Oliver up to kill Billy.

Loved that twist with Diggle getting caught. I almost screamed thinking he was going to be killed.

Too much screentime given to Curtis.

How the fuck did BS get inthe lair after they changed the stupid combo?

Loved Rene in this but, I really enjoy him anyway. I loved the Rene/Rory pairing, we need more of that. Rene totally has a kid somewhere.

Evelyn was wasted in this episode as well. I mean seriously, WTF? Guess they cut her stuff because she's really bad actress.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

Welcome back Laurel.  I do wish she would have came back on The Flash though, they did a better job writing her character than Arrow did.

I still think Tommy is Prometheus.  They still haven't shown his face, the guy has to have an emotional impact on Oliver, and introducing a random character just to have his son want revenge, would be a massive cop out.  It's Tommy.

"Make this city great again."  I wonder who that could be a shot at.

• Love 4

I can't believe they didn't reveal Prometheus. I actually feel cheated by that. I'm ok with Prometheus being the son of some dude Oliver killed in S1 that we didn't know about. However, I kind of feel like they're dragging it out

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5

Call Cisco and Barry to pick up Black Siren so I can be done with this Laurel plot.

I enjoyed the twist of Oliver killing Felicity's boyfriend in an actual accident and hate myself for not seeing the "ductaped weapon with a speaker" plot until he died. I did love how they all stood by Oliver after the reveal.

Rene improved. I laughed at his "Diggle might up with five kids" comment. C'mon, writers, let me love Rick Gonzalez. Rory is officially my favorite newbie now. He and Rene work well together.

Are you seriously telling me Lyla can't make warrants for her hubby disappear? What's the point of being director of ARGUS? Seriously, between Felicity and Lyla he should be set.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I can't believe they didn't reveal Prometheus. I actually feel cheated by that. I'm ok with Prometheus being the son of some dude her killed in S1 that we didn't know about. However, I kind of feel like they're dragging it out

They've got to wait till Colin Donnell's free for the Tommy reveal.

Can't believe I forgot, I agree with Oliver, Die Hard is the best Christmas movie ever.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 2

That's what it looked like was gonna happen to me when she started Kissing him. Also I'm pretty sure that's Black Siren at the end 

1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

Did Oliver sleep with the reporter?

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

What's happening? Are they bringing Laurel back to life?

Thinking that's Black Siren 

The Olicity flashback was cute.

But are you honestly telling me that Oliver kills Felicity's boyfriend, then goes to the reporter and hooks up with her? Seriously?! Is Arrow trying to make me not want Oliver and Felicity together? (Also mad that it took until the end of the scene for Thea to go hug Felicity.)

Well, at least it looks like we'll get movement in Diggle's storyline. He should've known that was a trap. Be smarter, Diggle. 

So BS Laurel is a genius because she somehow got into the lair after they just changed the codes? Why do they even have any security for that place? 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Its not Tommy, they told you who it was, Clayborne's son

They never had him take off the mask though, so Clayborne's son could be a distraction and it's Tommy.

7 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

That's what it looked like was gonna happen to me when she started Kissing him. Also I'm pretty sure that's Black Siren at the end 

Thinking that's Black Siren 

I think it's actually Laurel, and it's a result of Sara being a complete idiot in her quest to kill Darhk and then revealing his future to him in Legends of Tomorrow.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 2

What's happening? Are they bringing Laurel back to life?

I'm too lazy to use spoiler tags and give you a proper recap, but the answer is in the Flash tv series.

Anyway, great episode!  I was shocked that Ollie killed Felicity's boyfriend.  Also shocked that Diggle was set up.  I'm not even sure how Prometheus pulled that one off.  Did he managed to abduct Lyla and put the feds on Diggle's trail?

• Love 1

Oliver just helped save the world from an alien invasion and served as de facto leader - does this not count for anything with Evelyn? 

Speaking of which, Diggle was on stage with the POTUS while she was thanking him and the rest of the heroes.  I think she'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt about his supposed actions.

I guess Prometheus watched the Dark Knight and was inspired by the Joker's swap during the climax. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Also, okay Oliver..."I didn't know where else to go". REALLLLY????? Go to a fucking hotel by yourself. Don't go crying to your reporter girlfriend. 

Exactly what are they trying to do? Emily Bett acts the hell out of anything she gets and what she got is Oliver killing her BF, telling her while others can hear and Diggle consoles Oliver. Then he leaves her to go to the reporter. Absolutely trash. 

• Love 14

I'm not a fan of superheroes that kill but I have to say that Oliver was a beast back in his "Hood" days.  I wonder how much easier his job would be if he lightened up on his "no killing" policy.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

Exactly what are they trying to do? Emily Bett acts the hell out of anything she gets and what she got is Oliver killing her BF, telling her while others can hear and Diggle consoles Oliver. Then he leaves her to go to the reporter. Absolutely trash. 

I legit don't understand WTF this entire plot with the reporter is amounting  to. It's completely stupid. Unless it turns out that the reporter is in cahoots with Prometheus and she's going to out Oliver because once again he's an idiot.

And the THE WORST part is that the team literally told him they are there for him. WTF ??

• Love 9

Oliver, you have failed your former fiancee/GF/BFF.  

They never had him take off the mask though, so Clayborne's son could be a distraction and it's Tommy.

I didn't watch season 1, but I would be heavily inclined to agree that it's someone that really knows him and the son is really to throw him off the scent.  Oliver wouldn't suspect someone that is "dead" even with seeing Laurel (from most likely Earth 2.)

• Love 1

Yeah I don't think it's Clayborne's son. I think given the apparent massive amount of knowledge this person has  and for it to have emotional impact IMO it has to be someone other than Clayborne's son.  The son is a red herring IMO

• Love 4
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I legit don't understand WTF this entire plot with the reporter is amounting  to. It's completely stupid. Unless it turns out that the reporter is in cahoots with Prometheus and she's going to out Oliver because once again he's an idiot.

Oliver is a level 10 moron and I love(d?) him despite that fact, but what in the actual hell is this reporter storyline? It goes to show how awful the writing is that I legit can't tell if he a) is the kind of moron who repeatedly opens up to someone he knows wants to screw him (literally and figuratively) despite being warned about it, b) knows she can't be trusted and is actually playing her, c) was playing her but really likes her after they had drinks at the local VFW, or d)...something combination of those things, haha. Anything is possible! I'm going with A tho.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

I can't believe Oliver killed Felicity's boyfriend, then Felicity's left devastated alone while Oliver goes to sleep with his girlfriend. That kind of makes me hate Oliver. Shouldn't he have guilt or something?

Just Plot reasons. MG and WM literally can't see or don't care what this makes Oliver look like 

• Love 2

What I Leave Behind may just be this show.  But I liked Rayporter drugging Oliver to get him to hallucinate.

Good things:

Billy is gone.  So is Evelyn.

Bad things:

Rene: Oliver knows I never listen........ Felicity: Oliver, why do you never listen.  Me to Show:  RENE IS NOT OLIVER, STOP TRYING TO PRETEND HE IS.

Such transparent stalling to keep Oliver and Felicity apart for longer.

Horrible things:

Oliver feels bad that he killed Billy, Diggle & the other hugs him.  FELICITY IS LEFT ALONE AND NO ONE CARES ABOUT HER PAIN.  Also this make Oliver Barry, who needs propping all the time because he feels so bad about what he did.

Oliver goes to skanky reporter's for comfort instead of Thea or just being alone.  Poor Widdle Oliver, so sad he killed Felicity's boyfriend.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

And the THE WORST part is that the team literally told him they are there for him. WTF ??

It's quite obvious Wendy and Marc feel Oliver has to be a dumbass and are too obsessed with him having to sleep with Reporter lady for plot reasons. Even though these "brilliant" writers had his whole team tell him they are there for him, no he has to sleep with and turn to someone who barely knows him instead of his brother and ex GF/Finacee who know him way better.

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Oliver is a level 10 moron and I love(d?) him despite that fact, but what in the actual hell is this reporter storyline? It goes to show how awful the writing is that I legit can't tell if he a) is the kind of moron who repeatedly opens up to someone he knows wants to screw him (literally and figuratively) despite being warned about it, b) knows she can't be trusted and is actually playing her, c) was playing her but really likes her after they had drinks at the local VFW, or d)...something combination of those things, haha. Anything is possible! I'm going with A tho.

A, it's always A when it comes to Oliver. Helena, McKenna, Isabel, etc.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I had a thought that maybe he's playing her but I'm unconvinced.

I mean, there's nothing at all suggesting that he is. And he's a moron, so this is totally something he'd do? It's just foolish hope that there's more to it than this idiocy, I guess. LOL

4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

But I don't get why he needs to sleep with the reporter for plot?

He doesn't but they think he does for some reason. Never mind the fact he could confide in Thea or Dig or Felicity. No he has to go to Susan who he barely knows cause he's alone which is bullshit

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

He doesn't but they think he does for some reason. Never mind the fact he could confide in Thea or Dig or Felicity. No he has to go to Susan who he barely knows cause he's alone which is bullshit

Yeah, if anyone's alone right now, it's Felicity. The woman whose boyfriend was just killed. Not the guy who has a team of people backing him and comforting him instead of her. 

• Love 23

Well, Guggs and company have always said how much they enjoy writing Oliver make mistakes, sooo ... but there's a difference between making a mistake because all your choices are bad and there's just being utterly moronic. And that's how they've been writing Oliver since 4B.

The storyline with the reporter is so stupid. Just so fucking stupid.

I actually liked that Oliver killed Billy because that's a real conflict between him and Felicity now. I would get excited if this show had better writers but they're totally going to drop the ball on this so I'm not holding my breath. In fact, I'm not even sure I'm going to watch the back half. This show has gone off the rails it feels like. 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

I can't believe Oliver killed Felicity's boyfriend, then Felicity's left devastated alone while Oliver goes to sleep with his girlfriend. That kind of makes me hate Oliver. Shouldn't he have guilt or something?

His guilt IMO was why he went and drowned his sorrows with the reporter.  Note that he didn't seem to have stayed the night, just got his and went home to the bunker.  

Also the camera very carefully panned to the bottle of Russian vodka among Rayporter's stash.  Thanks for the reminder. 

I didn't hate how Oliver told Felicity.  Yes, it was in front of the whole team and no, he didn't try to even touch her but he was just drowning in guilt.  He probably thinks if he ever had any shot of Felicity fogiving him, it's gone now even though (and I am sooo glad of this) that Felicity immediately put all the blame on Prometheus.  

I didn't mind the team offering Oliver their support since he had basically told them all to run away from him and no, that's not happening.  And I loved Diggle repeating his line from season two to Oliver about them being right where they belonged.  But I do wish that the scene had lasted longer so we could have seen them move from comforting Oliver to comforting Felicity.  

I don't disagree that Oliver needed comfort and I honestly think in that moment, he was more traumatized, but Felicity is going to suffer guilt for this as well.  She was alone I'm sure because she wanted to be. And we at least got the cut to her crying when Oliver was talking about hurting the ones he loved.  

Another small mercy, we won't have to ever see Felicity at Mayo's apartment.  

Evelyn was the worst.  I get she's was against Oliver but she wanted to have ALL of the team taken down but then she gives Dig, Rory and the Dong Xmas stocking to hang because they were the closest thing she had to family?  Cold.  Very cold. 

I liked Curtis again in this episode.  Or at least I felt for him enough to not mind how much time was spent on him.  Paul just might not get killed!  Arrow, flouting Destiny again!

It was sweet that Thea was willing to suit up for Felicity's boyfriend even if all she did was go as Speedy to talk to Oliver on a roof.

The Flashback Olicity scene was pretty random as was the focus on another red pen.  It was a nice scene...for season one.  Not sure what the lines about believing in magic were supposed to mean.  Am I missing something?  Are they setting something up?

So Billy is dead (I shouted crap when the first body Oliver came to was not Billy) and I fist pumped (unplanned) when I realized what Oliver had done.  Sorrynotsorry.  

"Laurel" in the bunker was just weird.  

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Also - what happened to Evelyn? 

She continues to be pointless

More thoughts, I liked the S1 Flashback episode even though it was  odd to see another Red Pen scene. However, pretty sure it was deliberately done to have Oliver down on bended knee and no that's not a shipper tease. 

I did love that Felicty put the blame on Prometheus instead of Oliver. I doubt there will be much anger between them. I see more guilt/sorrow on Oliver's part of Felicity being upset with herself.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I actually liked that Oliver killed Billy because that's a real conflict between him and Felicity now. I would get excited if this show had better writers but they're totally going to drop the ball on this so I'm not holding my breath. In fact, I'm not even sure I'm going to watch the back half. This show has gone off the rails it feels like. 

I don't think it is a conflict. Felicity immediately made it clear that this was all on Prometheus. I didn't get the sense that she was blaming Oliver.

3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

The Flashback Olicity scene was pretty random as was the focus on another red pen.  It was a nice scene...for season one.  Not sure what the lines about believing in magic were supposed to mean.  Am I missing something?  Are they setting something up?

I have a feeling that flashback to the red pen was added just to have an Olicity moment in the episode. It didn't really feel like like it was connected to anything, even though she gave him the address. It felt very random. Was that the only mention of magic in the episode?

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I miss The Hood days.

I must have been kind of numb to it because the body count really made me cringe tonight. 

Also, even though we all guessed it, having Prometheus be some son of a dude we've never heard of is such a let down (even though I was already keeping no expectations.)

At least Diggle's storyline will have to be dealt with now.  Let's fix that quickly and permanently. 

I can't say I liked Wild Dong but I hated him the least I've hated him in this episode.

Oh, and toddler JJ can be in the Arrow Bunker but Baby Sara couldn't?  Uncool.  Uncool.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I don't think it is a conflict. Felicity immediately made it clear that this was all on Prometheus. I didn't get the sense that she was blaming Oliver.

But Oliver is blaming himself, which is even worse. Maybe conflict is not the right word. An issue? Seems too light. Whatever it is it feels like it could lead to some emotional moments/revelations later on. But maybe not. Who knows? It could easily be dropped by next episode. It'll be 2 months so Felicity will be back to her jolly self, no PTSD, no crying, won't even remember her boyfriend. Billy who?

• Love 6

I didn't care for the the beginning. The reporter and Felicity approaching Oliver was 101 cheese, the exchanges between them was not funny, I was embarrassed for them.  

I do like Paul.  I love Rory even more.  Dare I say, I actual didn't mind Wild Dog. Miracles do happen at Christmas.

I love that Oliver killed Billy, but I am so disappointed that once again Felicity does not even get a moment to be mad or even be comforted that her bf was murdered. I get that Oliver was devastated but this should've been about her pov not only his.

To the point where I threw up in my mouth, the reporter and good old Oliver. I am not surprise because this is typical  season 1 Oliver but this takes the cake for me.  How can a hero be such a moron. I am convince he really doesn't think too highly of himself. Imo he should have relied on Thea for comfort. 

Laurel - whatever it is what it is but it was not a good cliffhanger for me. I wanted something better. I liked how things ended for Diggle.  Now that is something to look forward to.

• Love 5