Type keyword(s) to search

Ryan: What the hell happened to him?

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

The only way Maci can really be dammed is if she doesn't do what's best  for Bentley . If that means  no overnights with Jen (he's way to old to sleep with her) or Supervised visits for Jen and Larry too, so be it.

As  someone who was cut off from  an abusive, enabling grandmother believe me he will survive. And in time be happier.

• Love 8

Wow, Bentley looks freakishly like Maci now. I don't think that Ryan and Maci look much alike, but somehow Bentley strongly resembles both of them. He is identical to 7 year old Ryan that Jen posted awhile back.

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

I smell damage control, but Ryan showing up probably meant the world to Bentley so...

I thought the same thing. Can't you just show up to support your kid without plastering your pic all over Instagram?

"Great job, Bentley! We love you!"

Translation: "Look at Ryan, healthy appearance and supporting his son! And look at ME, being such a great stepmom going to his game and taking pictures!"

• Love 21

I donno he still has those big round scary eyes! 

I for one am not giving him a by for one stinking baseball game.  He has missed tons and showed up late for way too many.

Time will tell but I am surely NOT team Ryan!

• Love 9

His eyes look great, comparatively, to me. There's going to be residual, permanent damage to his appearance, most likely, from all the drug use. Who knows how long he used and what he was using!

• Love 8

Its really a shame. Ryan at the start of this mess was super hot, imo. Physically, very attractive and he had a decent job as some kind of truck mechanic. Now, he's pushing 30, hasn't had fulltime employment in years, married to an attention whore, and of course,  recovering  (hopefully) addict.

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, ChicagoChris said:

Its really a shame. Ryan at the start of this mess was super hot, imo. Physically, very attractive and he had a decent job as some kind of truck mechanic. Now, he's pushing 30, hasn't had fulltime employment in years, married to an attention whore, and of course,  recovering  (hopefully) addict.

Yeah, I used to think he was hot, too. I loved his southern accent-tinged, soft spoken "damn, Maci" isms he'd say whenever she was railing at him (although usually justified, in her defense). Like she would just rant and rave over what a selfish fuckup he was (in regards to always leaving her holding the bag with Bentley), and he would just kind of look bewildered and then say, "damn, Maci, what do you want me to say?". I know 20 year old Ryan wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but I still think he could have done a lot better than 16 year old Maci. I think she's cute now (with enough makeup on), but her 16 year old self was plain, bordering on unattractive, IMO. And yeah, looks aren't everything, but to a 20 year old boy- I'd say they were a significant part of the package.

I don't believe he's recovering though, if he's had a 5 year addiction and didn't even last 2 weeks in rehab.

• Love 13
23 hours ago, Tatum said:

Yeah, I used to think he was hot, too. I loved his southern accent-tinged, soft spoken "damn, Maci" isms he'd say whenever she was railing at him (although usually justified, in her defense). Like she would just rant and rave over what a selfish fuckup he was (in regards to always leaving her holding the bag with Bentley), and he would just kind of look bewildered and then say, "damn, Maci, what do you want me to say?". I know 20 year old Ryan wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but I still think he could have done a lot better than 16 year old Maci. I think she's cute now (with enough makeup on), but her 16 year old self was plain, bordering on unattractive, IMO. And yeah, looks aren't everything, but to a 20 year old boy- I'd say they were a significant part of the package.

I don't believe he's recovering though, if he's had a 5 year addiction and didn't even last 2 weeks in rehab.

He only lasted two weeks???  No wonder his eyes look the same to me. 

I'm sure when rehab started some tough love Ryan went scampering back to his enablers Jenn and Mackenzie!

• Love 6
(edited)

I think Ryan looks MUCH better here. I wouldn't kick this Ryan out of my bed (unless he just laid there and yawned, you know....). But as I've said before, not so messed up on drugs Ryan pre-2012 especially was my physical type and similar to my hubby, tall with dark hair (with some premature silver-foxy grey) and dark eyes and athletic-ish build.  I hope Ryan is clean and stays clean.

But why the heck did they bring the puppy to Bentley's baseball game??? 

I generally think Bentley looks like Ryan with Mimi Jen's coloring, but damn, he looks like a mini-Maci here for sure. 

As for why anyone would marry Ryan (especially high Ryan), aside from the MTV "fame" and money, you'd also get Jen & Larry as your in-laws. Yeah, Jen is an enabler and over-babies Bentley. But in many ways she would at least seem like a desirable mother in law. Until you really get a close look at the situation, Jen seems like a great MIL and grandparent for your kids. And Larry seems awesome. They seem like nice, giving, good people even with enabling and babying stuff Jen does....which just screams misguided rather than awful. I could see any young girl with a child thinking hitching her wagon to Jen & Larry would be a good idea. They seem nice, have a nice house & stuff, and even seem to love (and watch for free) their son's baby mama's kids by her second baby daddy.

(That said, I think Mac is into Ryan mostly for MTV "fame.") 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 12
52 minutes ago, Court said:

Is that poor kid's name really Huddle?

I believe his name is Hudson. 

Also I'm not giving Ryan a thumbs up  for doing something he always should be doing. Yay Ryan, you acted like a father today. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Court said:

Hudson is much better. My sister is a teacher and I'm shocked at the names people saddle their kids with sometimes.

Nothing tops twins named Aliannah and Aleeah.

• Love 9

I don't know....I once had twins in my daycare class named Anqueniece and Anqueneesha. Worse? Their mom couldn't even tell them apart sometimes and would just call them "twin". 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Court said:

Hudson is much better. My sister is a teacher and I'm shocked at the names people saddle their kids with sometimes.

Or when it's a fairly common name, but the parents went over the top with the spelling. For example: there is a boy named Xzyavier in my daughter's class. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I don't know....I once had twins in my daycare class named Anqueniece and Anqueneesha. Worse? Their mom couldn't even tell them apart sometimes and would just call them "twin". 

How did MTV miss putting this Mom on TV? She sounds like a prime Teen Mom-type reality "star" train wreck.

1 hour ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Or when it's a fairly common name, but the parents went over the top with the spelling. For example: there is a boy named Xzyavier in my daughter's class. 

This is my absolute pet peeve. My son's name is Henry. When I was pregnant with him, people asked me how I was going to spell it. I was like "um...the way it's spelled." 

Some of them were disappointed I hadn't thought up a youuu-neek spelling of it. You know, like Maci with JaYde. Ugh. Compared to plenty of names I see kids with and the spellings, Hudson is pretty normal and a perfectly fine name. I'll even concede that Aleah isn't too bad and Aliannah is just a bit extra...because...I've seen way worse and worse spellings...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Oh my word, I know. My daughter's name can really be spelled several ways. I didn't invent them. So we run into trouble with that. But some of these people....

My sister is a 1st grade teacher and she was telling me about some of her students yesterday. She kept saying, "Creighton" - or that's how I was spelling it in my mind. Because that's college out here. And I was like, "I hope Creighton goes to UNO, because otherwise...." - and she said, "it's not spelled that way". Apparently it's Krayton. I just wanted to die. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Oh my word, I know. My daughter's name can really be spelled several ways. I didn't invent them. So we run into trouble with that. But some of these people....

My sister is a 1st grade teacher and she was telling me about some of her students yesterday. She kept saying, "Creighton" - or that's how I was spelling it in my mind. Because that's college out here. And I was like, "I hope Creighton goes to UNO, because otherwise...." - and she said, "it's not spelled that way". Apparently it's Krayton. I just wanted to die. 

Also in Nebraska, a lady I know has a daughter named Kreightyn. Seriously. Wondering if Jen got auto corrected from Hudson to Huddle or if that's the kid's nickname. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/13/2017 at 5:28 PM, Tatum said:

ITA with the entire post. Regarding the bolded, however, in Maci's speech for the abstinence program, she claimed she had to encourage him to have sex with her and it was all her idea. He was rumored to use Ecstasy and opiates back then when partying, and she probably caught him on an Ecstasy day, which is known to cause hypersexual behavior (fun fact: so is meth, according to Intervention). Why she would say that if it wasn't true doesn't make much sense to me, but she certainly lies and obfuscates a lot. I also think she got pregnant with Bentley on purpose, trying to lock down the very popular Ryan, who wasn't bright enough to wear a condom. Of course, he wouldn't be thinking much if he was on drugs.

On 7/14/2017 at 6:21 PM, AmyFarrahFowler said:

There are some rehabs who will accommodate a 21 day stay if that's all the patient's coverage allows. 

There's that.

One of the comments on one of the tabloid articles claimed he only detoxed at the rehab and is now in outpatient therapy, but I think they were guessing, not actually knowledgeable about his situation. Even though I hope it's true, I doubt it because he is around too many enablers.

MTV has paid for the rehabs of everyone but Butch, who I don't think was serious about his sobriety and that is why Dr. Drew shut him down and MTV didn't send him. It's unlikely to me that MTV didn't offer to pay for Ryan's rehab, and actually suspect they are the reason he went, since his dad was the only person in his life that wasn't enabling him.

We saw Catelynn saying to the producer that she and Tyler talked about it, and she decided she needed help. Both Amber and Jenelle were shown with court cases that were probably a part of the reason they went, but I've always suspected that 11th Street Productions or MTV said, "You go to rehab or we won't re-sign you for next season, " and think that is what happened with Ryan. It is just not realistic to me that he decided to go after Mackenzie, her parents and his parents sat him down and had a "Come to Jesus" talk. Mackenzie and Jen didn't like him using, but were complete enablers, as far as I can tell.

Edited by Christina
missing necessary words
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Christina said:

ITA with the entire post. Regarding the bolded, however, in Maci's speech for the abstinence program, she claimed she had to encourage him to have sex with her and it was all her idea. He was rumored to use Ecstasy and opiates back then when partying, and she probably caught him on an Ecstasy day, which is known to cause hypersexual behavior (fun fact: so is meth, according to Intervention). Why she would say that if it wasn't true doesn't make much sense to me, but she certainly lies and obfuscates a lot. I also think she got pregnant with Bentley on purpose, trying to lock down the very popular Ryan, who wasn't bright enough to wear a condom. Of course, he wouldn't be thinking much if he was on drugs.

I think she is lying. I think it is, in fact, a humblebrag, which we all know she loves to do. What I think she is getting at is that the average person might assume hot 20 year old Ryan was interested in a mousy little ginger 16 year old for sex, and she wants the record to state that she was SO magnetic that Ryan would have dated her even if it meant no sex. Kind of like when Nick Lachey gave an interview in the late 90s saying, sure, he was a 27 year old man and he missed the sexual component of a relationship while dating the world's most famous virgin, but that waiting for Jessica Simpson was worth it, and he'd rather be in a chaste relationship with her than a sexual relationship with anyone else. So, Maci gets up on stage and basically hints that Ryan would have been fine to hold her hand and stop at first base because she was just such a super special awesome girlfriend (which we all know didn't happen, because, you know, Bentley), so SHE had to make the initiative.

• Love 6

I am a bit surprised. I figured after all the drugs he'd done he'd have trouble getting it up. But the actual cheating? NO. 

I feel kind of left out that I've never met a stranger to bang at Food City. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Lol Ghoulina, I WAS a bit surprised that he could still get it up too!

Mackenzie's supposed response to this makes me sad. Another woman who wants to blame the "other woman" instead of her own partner.

Mackenzie is as brain damaged as Ryan. Check her for TBI.

Ryan and his wife Mackenzie have yet to address his alleged sexting, but Mackenzie did recently respond to comments on an Instagram photo she posted of herself that did not include Ryan. Someone asked if Ryan’s absence from the photo meant she had “finally” broken up with him. “Uhhh no,” she replied. “When you get a flat tire do you ditch your car? No. When your house is dirty do you walk away? No. It’s no different with the person you love. Just because you walk through rough waters does not mean you give up. It means you have enough self esteem to keep going, put your head up and fight harder.”

Sweet summer child. 

• Love 6

Wow. Also, I was ashamed to admit I probably would have hooked up with a 2008-2009 era Ryan, but if he had come at me with killer lines such as "Me hard", and other misspelled caveman talk, that probably would have slapped some sense into me even back then, so maybe I can rest easy.  That tinder exchange is just embarrassing. Also, using a publicity photo as his Tinder profile pic is actually pretty clever on his part (he can always say it wasn't really him), but that kind of goes to shit if he's going to take live photos of himself and hand out his real number after being contacted. There's nothing to stop anyone from using a fake profile to get a good Radar Online paycheck, which is what this chick did. Although it sounds like she was seriously considering meeting up with him to bone so she could get an even better paycheck from Radar Online, as they would probably pay more to get a story from someone who actually slept with Ryan vs just got sexts from him. 

I don't follow Mac's social media, but based on the comments I read on The Ashley, it sounds like Mac's argument is she doesn't care because Ryan married her, so even if he can't stay faithful he still values her over random Tinder bangs. That might be an okay argument if your partner was some A lister millionaire, and you were willing to accept infidelity in exchange for the money and perks of being with say, Ryan Reynolds or Channing Tatum, but Mac married an unemployed monosyllabic addict that she had to drag down the aisle while he was under the influence,  so A. she doesn't really have a prize that makes being unfaithful a little more acceptable*, and B. she didn't "get" him on the up and up anyways. Anybody willing to go forward with that freakshow wedding would have been able to call herself Mrs. Edwards, provided she was strong enough to physically hold him up through the ceremony.

*not suggesting that a high income or fame is a license to cheat, just saying some people may find infidelity acceptable under mitigating circumstances.

• Love 16

http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2017/08/23/ryan-edwards-wife-mackenzie-standifer-reacts-to-his-alleged-cheating-scandal-see-the-latest-texts/

Do Mackenzie and Rhine really make that much money for their small roles on Teen Mom OG to afford to "buy someone off" to keep them quiet? 

Geesh! The self-proclaimed importance these fools possess. They feel that important that they have to pay someone to stay silent to not "leak" the "scandal" lol. More like to not leak gossip about the scandal potential skanky affair Ryan was going to have. Pfft.

MTV needs to shut this shit down. They're no talent bums treating themselves like celebrities. Ugh.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Calm81 said:

http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2017/08/23/ryan-edwards-wife-mackenzie-standifer-reacts-to-his-alleged-cheating-scandal-see-the-latest-texts/

Do Mackenzie and Rhine really make that much money for their small roles on Teen Mom OG to afford to "buy someone off" to keep them quiet? 

Geesh! The self-proclaimed importance these fools possess. They feel that important that they have to pay someone to stay silent to not "leak" the "scandal" lol. More like to not leak gossip about the scandal potential skanky affair Ryan was going to have. Pfft.

MTV needs to shut this shit down. They're no talent bums treating themselves like celebrities. Ugh.

I assumed the cash would be coming from Larry and Jenn. Something tells me that Jenn would do whatever it takes to keep Rhiiiine's name out of scandals like this.

• Love 2

From the article:

The Food City floozy argues that she never actually intended to actually sleep with Ryan, given that she’s 10 years younger than him. She asks Mackenzie why a 19-year-old would want to sleep with Ryan and Mackenzie allegedly replied, “Same reason every other slut does.”

Isn't Mackenzie damn near 19 or 20 herself?  Does this girl have a mother to knock some sense into her brain?  Yoohoo, hello sweetie, your dumbass married him after he nodded off while driving to the quicky service.  What did you expect sweetpea?

• Love 7

In the new bunch of published texts, Mackenzie informs the girl that she will not be getting any tail from Ryan, and that the girl should be ashamed of herself for trying to hook up with a married man.

I so wish the girl had responded, "what about marrying a man who's not in his right mind? Should that not invoke a little shame?"

Oh, Mackenzie is just so very, very dumb, and so very pathetic.

• Love 11

Yea, and the question was stupid to begin with. It's not like Ryan is 60. I don't think it's unheard of for a 19-year-old to want to sleep with a 30-year-old. 

If the Food City Floozy asked ME that, I would have said - "Me. I was 19 when we got together. What's that got to do with it?"

Oh wait.....no, I wouldn't. I'd be too busy berating my HUSBAND. 

I see no reason to go after the would-be-hook-up unless she was like relentlessly calling their house or something. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I see no reason to go after the would-be-hook-up unless she was like relentlessly calling their house or something. 

It's pretty clear that Ryan can't be trusted to stay faithful. I am sure Mack checks his phone and social media as frequently as she can, and the minute she looks away he's back at it again. Rather than, I don't know, LEAVE HIM, her Plan B is just to try and scare off any potential side chick directly, eliminating Ryan's options to cheat.

She could confront him directly, but right now the only thing she's got going for her is Ryan is ungodly lazy, and the hassle of leaving her probably outweighs the benefits of leaving her at this point. If she nags him too much though, the scales will be shifted, and then Mack will be that girl that married an unemployed, chipmunk cheeked addict that cheated on her nonstop, and STILL was the one who got dumped. And obviously she's not going to leave him and lose her shot at Z list fame.

• Love 4