Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Chapter Forty-Nine

I absolutely love the little Jane actresses. So freaking cute!

The Michael-Rafael scenes were hilarious. I hope their semi bromance continues.

Rogelio is golden. The fact that Michael has seen his penis still cracks me up. And him patching up Michael and Rafael.

Nice twist to Petra being de-Petrified.

Jane and Alba were nice. Glad Jane stuck up for herself, but new cousin doesn't bode well since every new family member introduced on this show has been batshit crazy.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 6

It seemed like a really packed episode to me. I enjoyed it a lot.

I did start to wonder, though, is that nanny cam bear still there? Because if it is, Rafael has his own ammunition. And for some reason, I'd really like to see Scott and Anezka back together (though would he like her as much if she wasn't trying to be Petra?)

Loved the Grease tribute.

You have to be careful with new family members - particularly if there was bad history involved. I learned that when my father was dying and I was coordinating his care with his half-sister. Her stories were enthralling, until I found out she'd basically stolen half of my father's money over his last few years. So the stories, not so reliable. I think Alba may just be right on this one.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 1

I was trying to figure out what was odd about Alba's part of the song, and the realized it was because she was singing in English.

The resolution to the issue of Xiomara's career makes sense. Actually, I had figured that she must already have decided she didn't want to teach dance, because otherwise it seems odd that it took so long for her to think of just building on what she's already doing.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

Oh my, Michael and Rafael in the gym? Major laughs! The jusxtaposition of the two was so funny. I haven't really been very pro-Michael since the beginning, but this season has me changing my mind--I'm starting to LOVE him!

And Rogelio? Total fangirl. He can do no wrong in my book.  

I don't know why, but Jane's line reading of "Are you okay?" to Scott with her eyes averted made me laugh a lot.

I really enjoyed this episode! 

Moving the guys' stories from constant Jane involvement/love triangle has allowed both to grow and shine immensely IMO.

• Love 7

A lot going on in this episode, but it was a lot of good stuff.

See, show? There doesn't need to be a love triangle to incorporate both men into the show! And we got to see Michael/Rafael awkwardly bonding! With Rogelio! All the men in one scene! And having a married lead doesn't take away from the show! I laughed really hard at the men scenes. But it really let Michael and Rafael start to hash out their issues, which is good. Those two work really well together. I didn't even piece together Rafael's supposed flirting with a married woman with Michael/Jane's first engagement. Man, this show really knows when to pull out the punches and go somewhere I would never expect.

I'm definitely with Alba. There's a reason why she wants Jane to stay away from her side of the family. Clearly it's more than just her sister ruining her family. I don't blame Jane for being curious and I don't blame her for wanting to reach out. It's a complicated situation and it's neither of their faults. 

But I will say, the way Catalina showed up at Jane's house? It definitely makes me want to shake Jane and tell her to listen to her abuela. 

I love the sly transition. First with the wheels turning line followed by Jane's computer wheel turning, and then "I don't know what changed" with Scott followed by Rogelio changing lanes in the car. So many small details on this show that always make me smile. 

I don't know if Scott will stay with Anezka when he finds out the truth, but Scott's an odd guy, so maybe he would. 

Petra is Petra again! And of course she comes out of her paralytic state with the intent to take over the hotel. Oh boy, though. I wonder what she has planned.

I'm really glad Xo finally found her career. Of course, in a Grease-inspired song.

Great funny plotlines and relationships that continue to evolve in interesting ways without love triangles and after the lead gets married! I love telenovelas, but one of the things I HATE about them is the convention of keeping the lead couple from being functional and stable and happy together until the very end, as if it is the only possible source of drama and plot and there is no major story to be had other than the will they? won't they? (they will. they almost always will) and a wedding is the be all and end all of satisfaction. So I'm REALLY glad Jane the Not-Virgin veered sharply from that.

I'm generally heart-eyed over Rafael, and only wish that gif had been available for meditative use 6 days ago, but I think he could ease up a little on the gym. I'm sure Justin Baldoni cares less than zero about my personal opinions on male pulchritude, but when a guy is so ripped and veiny that he looks like he'll pop if he bumps into a sharp object, it makes me anxious.

I don't know whether I'm on Alba's side or Jane's. On the one hand, awful sister. But on the other, all those cousins who weren't at fault. Jane should be able to get to know them! But on the third mutant hand, new family members are almost never good news on this show. But then Rogelio was a newly found family member at one point, and look how that turned out. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm definitely with Alba. There's a reason why she wants Jane to stay away from her side of the family. Clearly it's more than just her sister ruining her family.

I don't think there's anything more to it than Alba's dislike of her sister.  She doesn't know anything about Catalina et al. (beyond whatever's in her sister's letters, I guess).

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 3

I thought Alba look beautiful, and the best, in the "Dance School" song!

Jane's contribution to her cousin Catalina's GoFundMe

Of all the things that happened, this bothered me the most; until the tattooing of Anezka (squick!) that is.  But, really, wasn't it just last week Jane and Micheal were fighting over buying lattes?  Where did she get the extra funds to fund?  And, of course, it would never occur to her to contribute anonymously.  No good can come from this.

• Love 3

But, really, wasn't it just last week Jane and Micheal were fighting over buying lattes?  Where did she get the extra funds to fund?

They were fighting over lattes when they were trying to come up with another $1000/month in rent. Now that they've decided to move to a less expensive place, I guess she figures there's room in their budget for splurges and donations again. 

2 hours ago, Enginerd said:

They were fighting over lattes when they were trying to come up with another $1000/month in rent. Now that they've decided to move to a less expensive place, I guess she figures there's room in their budget for splurges and donations again. 

But their goal is to save up enough money to be able to move into a bigger place again, so it doesn't make any sense to relax the budget now. With Mateo growing, and if they want to have a child together, there's only so long they can stay in a 1-bedroom apartment. Also, huge side eye to the cousin who needed GoFundMe for her "project", but has enough money for an impromptu flight from New York to Miami.

• Love 3

So, I LOVE this show, huge fan, it is absolutely one of my favorites...

But I really don't like this Petra/Anezka story!  It's bothering me from so many angles at once.  Being frozen like that for three months would be an unbelievable hell (that locked-in thing is absolutely my worst nightmare), and they've treated it with such lightness.  It doesn't track for me that Anezka would have the emotional coldness to keep re-injecting Petra every 24 hours, it does not seem to fit with the rest of her personality.  Nor do I quite believe Petra would come out of her paralysis with her vengeance fixated on Rafael... yes, he said something bad about her parenting, but also he was responsible for saving her, and I feel like she had the same doubts of her own mothering last season!  (though I can kind of buy the anger at him for not noticing that it was Anezka and not her)  Also, absolutely one of my favorite scenes in all of last season was Anezka's Mother's Day toast to Petra... I really thought their growing sister relationship was great, and I'm less interested in this poisonous version we're getting now.

I realized one of the things I love about this show is how they keep their characters and relationships evolving in a way that most shows do not.  The love triangle being the best example... most shows wouldn't be able to help themselves from returning to it endlessly, but here they played it out, definitively resolved it, and now we are moving on to other issues and character dynamics.  Petra seems like the only character where I keep thinking they have done such a great job of evolving her beyond her initial villainy, and then they backslide into it somehow.  Let her really move on!  Whenever she's having good relations with Jane or Rafael, I find those wary/friendly relationships so much more interesting than when she's in standard villain mode.

I'm just going to hope this is our last pass through Petra villainy before we move on to other things for her...

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, JyDanzig said:

So, I LOVE this show, huge fan, it is absolutely one of my favorites...

But I really don't like this Petra/Anezka story!  It's bothering me from so many angles at once.  Being frozen like that for three months would be an unbelievable hell (that locked-in thing is absolutely my worst nightmare), and they've treated it with such lightness.  It doesn't track for me that Anezka would have the emotional coldness to keep re-injecting Petra every 24 hours, it does not seem to fit with the rest of her personality.  Nor do I quite believe Petra would come out of her paralysis with her vengeance fixated on Rafael... yes, he said something bad about her parenting, but also he was responsible for saving her, and I feel like she had the same doubts of her own mothering last season!  (though I can kind of buy the anger at him for not noticing that it was Anezka and not her)  Also, absolutely one of my favorite scenes in all of last season was Anezka's Mother's Day toast to Petra... I really thought their growing sister relationship was great, and I'm less interested in this poisonous version we're getting now.

I realized one of the things I love about this show is how they keep their characters and relationships evolving in a way that most shows do not.  The love triangle being the best example... most shows wouldn't be able to help themselves from returning to it endlessly, but here they played it out, definitively resolved it, and now we are moving on to other issues and character dynamics.  Petra seems like the only character where I keep thinking they have done such a great job of evolving her beyond her initial villainy, and then they backslide into it somehow.  Let her really move on!  Whenever she's having good relations with Jane or Rafael, I find those wary/friendly relationships so much more interesting than when she's in standard villain mode.

I'm just going to hope this is our last pass through Petra villainy before we move on to other things for her...

Thank you for writing that.  I absolutely hated the Petra stuff. It made no sense to me, for all the reasons you stated. 

Lets see... I'm paralyzed for months by my horrible twin sister who drugs me daily, impersonates me and steals my life, and when the father of my children figures it out and intervenes to rescue me... I forgive crazy, evil twin sister and decide to ruin the life of the father of my children (who I loved) because he made a comment about my parenting skills??? 

It's even worse because Petra herself was concerned because she didn't feel a maternal connection... so it's not like Raphael was off base.  The whole thing is so frickin ridiculous. 

I'm especially annoyed because I was enjoying the man-date stuff, and everything with Rogelio... and then the Petra crap just ruined it.  Honestly, it was so bad that I feel like dropping the show even though there are elements I still like.  I just don't trust the writers, and when that happens, it makes me want to bail on a show.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, JyDanzig said:

Yes! Agree on all counts. Not to mention, if you had been lying in bed 3 months being tube fed and (maybe if anezka remembered) being turned over every once in a while to prevent bedsores- you would not just jump out of bed with no recovery. 

The one interesting part of this I thought was that Petra wanted to join forces with Anezka and take the hotel.

but yeah... all of it felt really off and I'm going to miss sympathetic Petra.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AnnaRose said:

Lets see... I'm paralyzed for months by my horrible twin sister who drugs me daily, impersonates me and steals my life, and when the father of my children figures it out and intervenes to rescue me... I forgive crazy, evil twin sister and decide to ruin the life of the father of my children (who I loved) because he made a comment about my parenting skills??? 

It's even worse because Petra herself was concerned because she didn't feel a maternal connection... so it's not like Raphael was off base.

That's exactly why it upset Petra to hear Rafael say it, because it hit a nerve. If he'd said something about her that she wasn't insecure about herself, she wouldn't have cared.

But it isn't only that, it's that, as she said, Rafael never noticed that it wasn't her. She was married to him, she's the mother of two of his children, and he didn't notice. I completely understand her anger and hurt, because he's the person she cares about most, she's been waiting for him to get over Jane, and it turns out he doesn't know her well enough to notice when it's her twin. So I see why she wants him out, just looking at him has to be incredibly painful for her right now, but as she said, she's not going to give up the hotel herself.

I actually ship Petra/Rafael and figure this is just an obstacle for them because otherwise there's nothing keeping them apart now that he's out of love with Jane. That's all they were waiting for, for him to get over Jane. And with Jane/Michael an established couple, the show needs will-they-won't-they tension someplace else, so they don't want to put Petra and Rafael together already. Hence, an obstacle was needed. Rafael's defense will probably end up being that Petra's changed a lot from the woman he was married to and that's why he didn't twig to Anezka's impersonation, which opens the door for them to work out their remaining issues.

As for Anezka, I definitely wouldn't say Petra has forgiven her. She noted she's only keeping Anezka around because she's bonded with Petra's children. I found the "Not Petra" brand on Anezka's forehead hilarious, but it was also sad in a way for exactly the reason Petra is so upset right now - that she feels a brand is the only way anyone will know Anezka isn't her.

Which makes me excited for Petra and Jane's reunion, because Petra doesn't know it yet, but Jane did realize. She's the only person who did, and that should start softening Petra's anger, to know that at least someone did.

• Love 2

Petra is the only character I find remotely compelling right now. I really don't think they know what to do with the show anymore - there's no narrative driving it forward and even the Marbella stuff is a rehash from seasons past. The last two weeks have been variations of "let's throw these characters together and see what happens."

Still love the vibe of the show though so I will keep watching. Hopefully they find some new paths to explore.

Rogelio singing "Beauty School Drop Out" was something I never knew I wanted until I saw it!

I'm glad that Michael and Rafael are moving past being snippy with each other whenever they're within 100 feet of each other. I totally understand wanting to find common interests, but you can be friends without liking all the same stuff. They have been overlooking a huge thing that they have in common: they both love Mateo. I bet if they just started talking about how smart and cute Mateo is and sharing Mateo stories with each other, they could spend a good hour together perfectly happy.

Family is always complicated, but I think it was wrong for Alba to insist that Jane have no contact with her relatives. Alba can choose not to have any relationship with them, but it's very selfish to tell Jane she can't get to know them. And even if cousin Catalina turns out to be a total nutjob, there are still lots of other cousins (and aunts and uncles) who had nothing to do with Alba's falling out with her sister. Jane should be allowed to talk to them and decide for herself if she wants to stay in touch with them.

Catalina sounds like bad news because seriously, who just shows up unannounced on the doorstep of a relative she barely knows? That's like nightmare level pop-in! For now, I'm withholding judgment on the whole she had a gofund me but could afford to fly to Miami at the last minute. Maybe the gofundme was for something non-personal or maybe she's in Miami for work? None of that excuses her popping up at Jane's front door though. Call, text, email, IM, whatever - pick any method of communication and tell me you're going to be in town!

I was trying to figure out how Xiomara had enough money to rent a theater for that recital. Even getting a crappy high school theater for one performance is costly. And now she's going to pay monthly rent on a dance studio and pay for insurance?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

Alba totally broke my heart when she told Jane that her Mom died still not speaking to her.  Ivonne Coll is always brilliant anyway, but you could feel the anguish there. I don't think that's something you can ever really get over, and while it's probably not fair to lay that all at her sister's feet, I can understand where her anger comes from. She might in theory be able to patch things up with the rest of the family, but her mother is gone for good. She'll never be able to get that closure. That also may be why she's always forgiven Xo no matter what she's done or how angry she's gotten with her. 

The men also sold the panic (as short-lived as it was) when Mateo wandered off. (I'm shallow, but I miss last year's Mateo.  This one is cute, but the baby they had at the end of last season was so adorable I wanted to reach into my TV and abduct him.)

• Love 2

I'm mad at the Petra stuff too. I feel ripped off. They shortchanged the character and her fans. Let's see, Michael nearly dies from a gunshot. People emote over it, and when he survives, he gets his moment to process it, react, and be consoled. Rogelio is kidnapped by his stalker, she almost kills him, and once he's rescued and back to "normal", it's allowed to back up on him and he has an emotional reaction/seeks comfort from Jane.  The same is true for all the other characters when they've had moments of real crisis and pain. Petra's predicament was no more telenova than the others', but we get ZERO pay off.

They also shortchanged by having Jane be the first to realize Petra wasn't Petra, but then have Jane play no part in Petra's rescue. They set us up to expect more, then railroaded through this b.s.

For me, this is because the show is prioritizing its plotting and its character positioning over paying off Petra's stories. They manage to do both with other characters - set up future plot, re-position characters - without depriving the audience. With Petra, they blow over the payoff completely. I am positive they could have come up with a way for her to receive consolation from Rafael and Jane and keep her sister on without using a pretext to completely steamroll over the payoff by having Petra claim she's Anezka when she wakes up. And only confess the truth in a vicious whisper at the very end.

They softened Petra last season and showed us her human side, but didn't pay it off at all. NOW the show pretends - and they ARE pretending - that all of us were waiting for her bitch side to return. NO, we were waiting for some kind of at least LIP SERVICE acknowledgment and pay off from her ordeal. Maybe a little gratitude for Jane or Jane being horrified, maybe consolation from Rafael.

I believe Rafael and Petra are probably end game, but they want to keep them apart for now, so Petra can play the antagonist and Rafael can have other relationships that create conflict with Jane/Michael/Mateo. I get the character positioning. That is not an excuse to constantly blow past any pay off for that character and treat her like a pawn and not a fan favorite. These writers are talented enough to both pay things off and get the characters positioned where they need them to be for future stories. They didn't bother. They cheated us and pretended it was a pay off (The bitch is back).

Edited by DianeDobbler
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, DianeDobbler said:

I'm mad at the Petra stuff too. I feel ripped off and they shortchanged the character and her fans. Let's see, Michael nearly dies from a gunshot. People emote over it, and when he survives, he gets his moment to process it, react, and be consoled. Rogelio is kidnapped by his stalker, she almost kills him, and once he's rescued and back to "normal", it's allowed to back up on him and he has an emotional reaction/seeks comfort from Jane.  The same is true for all the other characters when they've had moments of real crisis and pain. Petra's predicament was no more telenova than the others', but we get ZERO pay off.

For me, this is because the show is prioritizing its plotting and its character positioning over paying off Petra's stories. They manage to do both with other characters - set up future plot, re-position characters - without depriving the audience. With Petra, they blow over the payoff completely. I am positive they could have come up with a way for her to receive consolation from Michael and Jane and keep her sister on without using a pretext to completely steamroll over the payoff by having Petra claim she's Anezka when she wakes up. And only confess the truth in a vicious whisper at the very end.

They softened Petra last season and showed us her human side, but didn't pay it off at all. NOW the show pretends - and they ARE pretending - that all of us were waiting for her bitch side to return. NO, we were waiting for some kind of at least LIP SERVICE acknowledgment and pay off from her ordeal. Maybe a little gratitude for Jane or Jane being horrified, maybe consolation from Rafael.

I believe Rafael and Petra are probably end game, but they want to keep them apart for now, so Petra can play the antagonist and Rafael can have other relationships that create conflict with Jane/Michael/Mateo. I get the character positioning. That is not an excuse to constantly blow past any pay off for that character and treat her like a pawn and not a fan favorite. These writers are talented enough to both pay things off and get the characters positioned where they need them to be for future stories. They didn't bother. They cheated us and pretended it was a pay off (The bitch is back).

I agree with this. I'm going to give them an episode or two to fully judge, because I have to believe that Petra will have a moment to break down. I mean, Michael got a moment but it still ended up being more about Jane than Michael, so it's not as if he got a whole lot either. But it is really dumb that Petra's first response after being de-Petrafied is to go after Rafael. I did like how she got to be angry for a second that nobody noticed Anezka was pretending to be her, but I think we'll see her discover that it was Jane who was led to that conclusion, so that'll probably be a good moment for her. I am also hoping for more consequences to Anezka. The tattoo isn't going to cut it. 

What I'm hoping for is a moment between Petra and Michael, where they both acknowledge their traumatic events and maybe they can....not quite bond over it, but be able to react toward these traumatic events together. But because Petra has now only told Rafael the truth (and I expect he'll tell Jane soon), I think she's trying to maybe bottle it all in and focus on her rage instead. At least it's an emotion! I'm just going to believe that it hasn't sunk in with her yet. This show has its flaws, but it's always managed to deliver on the emotional punches when we least expect it. 

• Love 1

Okay, I will keep my fingers crossed, but I think simple story telling impact would NOT have her pretend to be Anezka when she woke up. IMO that didn't play at all, and now it's almost hard to make up for it. You don't get the right set up for a pay off too often.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

I may be wrong, but I think the little actor playing Mateo is still the same-only toddler-sized.

That baby had straight hair and this one has a whole mess of curls.  I know kids can change quickly so I could be completely wrong. Can anyone verify if it's the same child? 

21 minutes ago, Anakerie said:

That baby had straight hair and this one has a whole mess of curls.  I know kids can change quickly so I could be completely wrong. Can anyone verify if it's the same child? 

I don't know about the baby in the show, but I do know my own kid went from straight to curly in a similar fashion.

2 hours ago, DianeDobbler said:

I'm mad at the Petra stuff too. I feel ripped off. They shortchanged the character and her fans. Let's see, Michael nearly dies from a gunshot. People emote over it, and when he survives, he gets his moment to process it, react, and be consoled. Rogelio is kidnapped by his stalker, she almost kills him, and once he's rescued and back to "normal", it's allowed to back up on him and he has an emotional reaction/seeks comfort from Jane.  The same is true for all the other characters when they've had moments of real crisis and pain. Petra's predicament was no more telenova than the others', but we get ZERO pay off.

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I agree with this. I'm going to give them an episode or two to fully judge, because I have to believe that Petra will have a moment to break down.

I also have some hope that we will get Petra really processing the trauma of the whole experience (and I will be so disappointed if it never happens).  In my ideal version, she's a villain raging at the world for two or three more episodes, but then she finally breaks down.  Then we can get back to a more evolved, sympathetic Petra.

I was also wondering if it could be Stockholm Syndrome... Petra begins to identify with captor Anezka and her scheme, and misdirects her rage at other targets.

Interesting you bring up Rogelio and the stalker, I was thinking how that was the last story on this show I really disliked, for similar reasons: they were playing too much lightness in a story that was too far into true trauma.  The emotional aftermath helped redeem it, though I was ultimately still dissatisfied with the whole arc.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Anakerie said:

Well, I know they did a four or five month time jump in one single episode so I don't THINK it's the same child. But then again, that was back near the beginning of season two, so I don't THINK they did a baby swap since then.

All I can find is the name of baby Mateo now, which is Adam. They had twins on for season 2 but I'm not sure if it's the same child. 

Interestingly enough, baby Mateo in early season 2 was played by baby girl Aria. 

The man date, Rogelio being all patriarcal and fix things, OMG, this was some of the best, funniest scenes between all three, I mena, between all four men (can't forget Mateo!) So very well done, loved it! And yes, both actors playing Rafael and Michael really sold that scene where they had "lost" Mateo. Gave me heart palpitations.

I don't know how I feel about Alba being so adamant Jane doesn't seek out her relatives. And then bam Catalina shows up... I smell something bad will happen.

And as far as Petra... I am with ya'll - I do not like that Petra is turning all her anger towards Rafael. I have a feeling Petra has it in for her mother, who ordered Aneska to do all this, after all... I don't know how, or when, or how being angry at Raf will help that but... That's my feeling. LOL

Petra is really misdirecting her anger. Does she actually expect Rafael would ever realize much of anything? Bless his sweet handsome heart, he is not the sharpest knife in the block, and he has a solid history of gullibility, and she knows that. She uses it against him often. 

Plus, with both Rafael and Jane, Petra changes moods and attitudes and personalities all the time. She swings drastically from friendly to vulnerable to villainous to seductive to whatever will suit her purposes at the time. Plus she's been influenced by her mother and by postpartum depression and the threat of poverty and being blackmailed...is it any wonder they don't know who she really is and can't identify her true persona?

I'm also hoping her rage will burn out in a few episodes max and she'll be more rational. It's understandable that she's angry and hurt that he thought Anezka-as-Petra was a better mother, but Petra is very smart, so I hope eventually she'll realize that hurting him won't help her. Maybe she'll also put some energy into BEING a better mother rather than being furious at him for expressing something she herself acknowledged to be true. Did she ever really take care of the depression issues?

• Love 2

I was loving this episode so much right until the Petra stuff in the end, which threw me off completely. I HATED it. What I love the most about this show is that it's always possible to relate to most characters at least up to a point - even with something I disliked, like Jane jumping straight from her engagement to Michael into a relationship with Rafael (and the whole triangle business later on) or Petra's many schemes from season 1, I could at least see where people were coming from. I just don't see it now. I simply don't believe Petra would be going after Rafael in this situation so ruthlessly, not matter how upset she was. In fact, I find it so off the base for this show that I'm hoping there's another surprising twist coming up, even though I don't know what it could be.

I like Petra best when she's showing a bit of her bitchy side, but I absolutely don't want her to become a full blown villain (again).

It really never occurred to Xiomara that she could start her own dance school throughout all of these years of giving lessons in her living room? Like someone said, I thought she'd given up on dance classes altogether. 

Edited by Joana
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Bouffe said:

I have a feeling Petra has it in for her mother, who ordered Aneska to do all this, after all

Do you think we have seen the last of their mother's friend played by Dot-Marie Jones?  It was odd that she wasn't lurking somewhere to stop the rescue of Petra.

Who is playing Catalina?  She reminds me of Finola Hughes.

In regards to who's playing Mateo

I follow the actors on social media and the post clips of the little boy. His name is Aiden and he seems to play the bulk of the Mateo role, he's all over they're snapchat and Instagram (they refer to him by name) and then there is also another little boy named Adam who plays Mateo occassionally. Aiden was def one of the baby's playing Mateo in the second half of last season. He's the main Mateo but not the only one, so when they look different thats probably why.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, possibilities said:

When Rafael had sex with Petra and concluded it just wasn't the same, that was really Aneska, right? Or do I have my timeline wrong?

It was Aneska. He didn't know it at the time but Rafael actually knew something was different between them.

I am so disappointed in the Petra storyline. I was hoping that she would emerge from the paralysis as a decent person and forge a renewed friendship with Jane. I have no desire to see Evil Petra again. I also did not like the tattooing. 

The Cousin Who Showed Up Unannounced has to be bad news. 

Loved the Michael/Rafael bromance - especially when they almost lost Mateo. 

• Love 1

So, what? Petra overheard Rafael say one random thing about motherhood and now she hates him more than the people who paralysed her. I can understand her wanting the hotel but outright revenge? She's mad she was paralysed and "no one noticed" but Rafael and Jane did notice. That's why she's awake now.

As for that tattoo - WTAF?

Why did Michael and Rafael even take Mateo out of the car? They were just asking for him to run off by doing that. 

Shockingly, this episode really humanized Scott for me. 

Did they ever release that Beauty School Dropout parody? Because I need it. 

Ahaha, this show and its love "triangle" where Michael, the legit husband of Jane, the main character, to whom she lost her virginity to three episodes ago, is extremely, insanely jealous of Raf, Jane's baby daddy, with whom she only dated without any sex. Like, dude, this behavior was not pretty in s1, it's definitely not pretty now. Raf actually doesn't have to explain himself to you, as it was Jane who chose to break up with you first, then start dating Raf. They didn't cheat.

Michael/Raf "bonding" works as well as it ever will, I suppose. Which means, not very much, and I don't care.

• Love 2