Type keyword(s) to search

Shannon Beador: Magic Crystals and Nine Lemons

• Start Topic

(edited)
11 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I remember watching Shannon for the first time during her first season and thinking: This woman obviously signed up for this show to prove that the problems in her marriage were totally her husband's fault, and now that she is watching it back it is starting to dawn on her that she is also at fault for the obvious issues in that marriage. That was before the affair came out. But after the affair, it seemed that she reverted back to all of the issues in their marriage being David's fault, which is fair. She had every right to be angry and bitter about that. Then she said she wanted to work it out, but it seemed like she was much more interested in making David grovel and publicly humiliating him than looking at ALL of the dysfunctional aspects of the marriage.

Shannon's dead give away-David stopped paying attention after the vow-renewal.  She loves attention, which is why she loves USC football season, nothing but one weekend after another of being together for 12 weeks.  My guess is they are essentially rudderless, living on a piece of $27 million dollar land, in a tear down and waiting to see where they land next. 

I remember Shannon waking up to the idea that sleeping in separate bedrooms and David going to the gym at 4 am (hello there is a gym in the house) weren't conducive to a healthy marriage.  I can't believe it took one of the RHOC Einsteins to make those points.   Shannon on that tight wire between doormat and making David grovel.  Neither is a good look but after staying home with the kids for a dozen years I can see where she found her niche in being a RH.  Good paying job, don't have to work but a few months filming, nice trips and parties.  I always questioned the church stuff.  It seemed like they made a lot of changes very quickly including Shannon weaning her frequency from Dr. Moon. 

I had a hard time with Shannon's overreaction to David's ignorant mom last year.  She has got to dial it back-she is so freaking neurotic.  I can't imagine her being around Pixie Lydia who has is a carrier of igniting the neurotic. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 11

Shannon and Davids girls are old enough that they'll get through a divorce without too much trauma. They probably would be relieved, and want to spend most of their time with David.

David may be as ass, but dealing with Shannon must be so miserable.  It's not like either one will suffer financial hardship by splitting up.  They're just so awful together.    I don't condone cheating, but imagine having to come home to her and her whining and fucking victim complex and all the other hoo doo bullshit?   She's worse than Vicki in a way.  

• Love 9
On 7/14/2017 at 1:30 PM, WireWrap said:

I have always believed that Shannon wasn't quite the victim she claimed she was her first season with regards to Heather/Shannon. I really believe she got the good edit then and as she continued on the show, her more true self is being shown, she is fun at times but she is also neurotic, whiney and she like to blames others for her own failings. In other words, she is no better than her co-HWs. LOL

I don't know that I agree with your first point, that Shannon got a good edit that year. Heather seemed to be intent on gas-lighting and destroying her, starting with chair-gate, then late-for-hoedown-gate, then she and Terry clutching their pearls and wanting to call an ambulance for her, and on and on. Heather would outright lie about Shannon's behavior. Even Tamra was on Shannon's side and the video of these things backs up Shannon. I do think that Shannon is neurotic and whiny and blames others for things, but her first season? Heather was for some reason out to get her. Maybe because Shannon had the nicest and grandest home while Heather was in that "small" rental and felt threatened. Who knows.

What I do know is that Heather officially lost me as a fan with the way that she mistreated Shannon that season. Then Shannon won Favorite Housewife of the Year or whatever that was, and Heather got political and made up with her. Personally I wouldn't have forgiven Heather so quickly after all of that but Shannon was eager to fit in with the group, so whatever.

• Love 13
52 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I don't know that I agree with your first point, that Shannon got a good edit that year. Heather seemed to be intent on gas-lighting and destroying her, starting with chair-gate, then late-for-hoedown-gate, then she and Terry clutching their pearls and wanting to call an ambulance for her, and on and on. Heather would outright lie about Shannon's behavior. Even Tamra was on Shannon's side and the video of these things backs up Shannon. I do think that Shannon is neurotic and whiny and blames others for things, but her first season? Heather was for some reason out to get her. Maybe because Shannon had the nicest and grandest home while Heather was in that "small" rental and felt threatened. Who knows.

What I do know is that Heather officially lost me as a fan with the way that she mistreated Shannon that season. Then Shannon won Favorite Housewife of the Year or whatever that was, and Heather got political and made up with her. Personally I wouldn't have forgiven Heather so quickly after all of that but Shannon was eager to fit in with the group, so whatever.

Heather's animosity stemmed from the fact that Tamra and Vicki both immediately glommed on to Shannon and actually liked her. The three of them started having fun with each other from that first dinner, and Heather even overheard Tamra saying something about Heather having a stick up her ass. That also led to Heather telling Eddie about the conversations she and Tamra had been having about whether or not to have more kids, proving she was every bit devious as Tamra. Also, Heather knew that Tamra always has to have an enemy. If Vicki hadn't told Tamra that she would lose if she went against Heather, Tamra would have tried her hand at turning the whole cast against Heather. Heather had to have known that and went about making Shannon the focus of the animosity. The problem was that it backfired on both Heather and Tamra. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

I really think the Shannon we saw last season and so far this season was/is the same Shannon we saw her first season. I do think she got the better edit, they downplayed her neurotic behavior, the same behavior we saw last season and now this. Did Heather behave badly at times, Yes she did, but I don't think Shannon was some calm, happy newbie at all either.

6 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

Heather's animosity stemmed from the fact that Tamra and Vicki both immediately glommed on to Shannon and actually liked her. The three of them started having fun with each other from that first dinner, and Heather even overheard Tamra saying something about Heather having a stick up her ass. That also led to Heather telling Eddie about the conversations she and Tamra had been having about whether or not to have more kids, proving she was every bit devious as Tamra. Also, Heather knew that Tamra always has to have an enemy. If Vicki hadn't told Tamra that she would lose if she went against Heather, Tamra would have tried her hand at turning the whole cast against Heather. Heather had to have known that and went about making Shannon the focus of the animosity. The problem was that it backfired on both Heather and Tamra. 

Not quite. Heather realized that Vicki and Tamra were looking to take her down that season when they were in Hawaii and she refused to play along/react to their games, which is why they changed their game plan. They then switched tactics and baited Heather/Shannon against each other. Vicki would feed info to Shannon and Tamra would feed the opposite info to Heather, which had those 2 at each others throat. Things changed with Tamra only when she was caught lying by Shannon, even though Heather refused to out Tamra to Shannon. 

Shannon's always worked my last nerve. She just requires way more babysitting then any adult has the right to demand. You always have to check if she's hot, cold, hungry, tired, happy, upset, if her karma is aligned, does she feel sick, is she being left out, did David look at her wrong. It's exhausting and as much as she claims she's not like this if she doesn't feel attached by Vicki/Heather/David/Kelly/thin air/potatoes, I suspect she is always like that and just rotates the daily villain of the way too dramatic story she has going on in her head.

• Love 13
(edited)
8 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Shannon's always worked my last nerve. She just requires way more babysitting then any adult has the right to demand. You always have to check if she's hot, cold, hungry, tired, happy, upset, if her karma is aligned, does she feel sick, is she being left out, did David look at her wrong. It's exhausting and as much as she claims she's not like this if she doesn't feel attached by Vicki/Heather/David/Kelly/thin air/potatoes, I suspect she is always like that and just rotates the daily villain of the way too dramatic story she has going on in her head.

I gave every benefit of the doubt when I finally decided to watch this show a couple years ago! I saw how indifferently David was treating her, she was an outcast by Meghan & Heather, & betrayed by blabber-mouth Tamra gossiping about her situation with the other woman! Vicki was her only supporter for a bit with Kelly; now she's comfortably back in with the crowd and decides to turn her back on Vicki! The constant whining about it doesn't make it any easier to deal with since she has to invoke Vicki's name every few minutes just like Tamra! They can't stand her, but they won't get over her and move on! STUPID!

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

You always have to check if she's hot, cold, hungry, tired, happy, upset, if her karma is aligned, does she feel sick, is she being left out, did David look at her wrong.

Not to mention checking her butt for lost colonic nozzles.

• Love 12
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:10 PM, Mu Shu said:

David may be as ass, but dealing with Shannon must be so miserable.  It's not like either one will suffer financial hardship by splitting up.  They're just so awful together.    I don't condone cheating, but imagine having to come home to her and her whining and fucking victim complex and all the other hoo doo bullshit?   She's worse than Vicki in a way.  

I just watched last seasons move and the tension Shannon created for the family was crazy. David and the girls were walking on eggshells around her. I can't imagine having the money to hire help and still opt to pack and move with just David and the girl's helping. Man, did she create unnecessary anxiety for the family and I'm pretty sure she does it all the time. She had a bunch of eBay auctions that all ended at the same time and I laughed because I could just picture the ciaos she created by trying to post all those packages at the same time. She's exhausting.

• Love 10
(edited)

Shannon's really gullible. The charlatans must see her coming from a mile away. Elaine and her feng shui bullshit, Dr. Moon and his crystals. I realize that all of this nonsense makes her feel like she's taking action and doing something about her problems but it's just another way for her to avoid doing the hard work, dealing with them and making tough choices. Sure, nine lemons in a bowl will fix your marriage.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 10
(edited)

So, next week we have Shannon crying in shame over her body and then acting like a total lunatic in a public restaurant? This is really starting to get uncomfortable.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 11
On 7/14/2017 at 0:09 PM, jnymph said:

I don't understand Shannon.  

She chose to stay with David and work it out, yet she continues to be bitter, bitchy and combative.    I agree David is a dickhead, but damn ......... I can't help but see that she's got plenty of fault in their marriage woes. 

When she turned to the side in the kitchen I found her weight gain startling.  I'm not body shaming by any means, but she was BIG.  It just seems like a short time period for that amount of weight on her petite frame. I know she doesn't like to exercise, but it seems to me she always ate healthy.   Maybe she did A LOT of drinking?  

She packed on the pounds and David looks like he lost a ton.

weird.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Not to mention checking her butt for lost colonic nozzles.

At least it's not doody bubbles.  Yet.

i can't stand the bratz doll, but she's right.  Shannon and Vicki are so similar.  Both have martyr complexes and have to be the center of attention and have the last world.

shannon, stop buying your clothes at Ross.  Put those shiny ass leggings in the trash.  And what was she wearing for a top, a serape?   How mortifying it must be for her daughters when friends come around.  Maybe not keg stand mortifying, but still.   Shannon is a damn idiot.

• Love 5
(edited)

I've been stewing on the Shannon situation trying to figure out if I'm going to be a fan this season or not.   For now, I've decided I'm going for it (with these women, it changes on a dime, though).

It struck me the other day, that one thing I really like about Shannon is her honesty on screen.  I recall watching her on WWHL and she acknowledged that one of the premises of the show is that it is supposed to capture the womens' real lives and she didn't sugar coat it.  I recall with the Vanderpump Rules kids in post-season 1 interviews that when they agreed to do the show, they decided they weren't holding back.  It was all in or nothing.   I respect those who respect the original premise and have the courage to bare it all.  

During her time on the show, Shannon has been beyond courageous in putting it all out there.  I give her a ton of credit.  Vicki too.

The other reason I'm in Shannon's camp is that the she does have a good value system.  She cares about "right" and "wrong" and generally her values align with my own - although she's more extreme than me.   This is where the crazy starts with her, though.  She does need to let it go at some point.

I agree that she and Vicki have some shared qualities.  I actually think if Shannon let loose a bit, she and Vicki would have a lot of fun together.

Say what you will about Vicki, but....the one thing she has more than many of the housewives across all franchises is a life she can call her own.  She has a solid and flourishing career, lots of friends, etc.  She's the first to admit she likes having her children in her world and she likes having male companionship but that's not the same has having a life that is dependent on them.  She has an active and fulfiling life beyond both.

Contrast with Shannon who has built her life around her kids and her husband with little to call her own.   If I had one wish for Shannon, it would be to fix this little wrench.  She'd be far happier as would those around her.  I also think she lays into Vicki so harshly much of the time because she is envious on some level. Or maybe sad for her own loss for never having built something on her own.  

Word on the street is that Shannon gets more crazy as the season goes on but I'm gonna root for her and hope she comes in to her own (and kick David to the curb).

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 7

I really disagree that Vicki has a fulfilling life.  She's miserable.  Having money and kids who tolerate you out of a sense of duty isn't my idea of happy and fulfilled.  

• Love 12
(edited)
4 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I really disagree that Vicki has a fulfilling life.  She's miserable.  Having money and kids who tolerate you out of a sense of duty isn't my idea of happy and fulfilled.  

Vicki is polarizing for sure.  I, for example, think her kids love Vicki a great deal and they seem to have fun with her.  I also think they respect her as a business woman (men is another story).  I view Vicki's relationship with her kids as one of the more healthy parent/child relationships.   They talk, argue, call each other out on their BS, resolve, have fun, help each other, etc.   

The fact that they can be open and honest with one another about all things without reprisal is unique and healthy, IMO.

I also like both her kids.  I know I'm in the minority, but I think Briana is pretty amazing.  I don't see the son much but I like him when I see him. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

Vicki is polarizing for sure.  I for example, think her kids love and respect Vicki a great deal and they seem to have fun with her.  I also think they respect her as a business woman (men is another story).  I view Vicki's relationship with her kids as one of the more healthy parent/child relationships.   They talk, argue, call each other out on their BS, resolve, have fun, help each other, etc.   

The fact that they can be open and honest with one another about all things without reprisal is unique and healthy, IMO.

I also like both her kids.  I know I'm in the minority, but I think Briana is pretty amazing.  I don't see the son much but I like him when I see him. 

I do have to disagree on her kids respecting her. Love, sure. That's their mom. But respect?  Michael won't even tell her where she lives.  That's not respect. Nor is it healthy. He has said he doesn't give it to her because she doesn't know boundaries. Also, don't forget that she ignored the whole Brooks situation despite Brianna telling her everything. Vicki was willing to overlook that Brooks told Ryan that he needed to beat Brianna. Again, not a healthy parent/child relationship. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Jextella said:

Vicki is polarizing for sure.  I, for example, think her kids love Vicki a great deal and they seem to have fun with her.  I also think they respect her as a business woman (men is another story).  I view Vicki's relationship with her kids as one of the more healthy parent/child relationships.   They talk, argue, call each other out on their BS, resolve, have fun, help each other, etc.   

I liked Vicki until last season. The cancer scam made me dislike her immensely.

I agree with your assessment of Sharon though. On some weird level, she envies Vicki.

I also am with you that I will continue to cheer on Sharon.

She is acting cray because she is so damned unhappy, imo.

And David drags her down,  who needs this passive aggressive bullshit in their life????

he is not an asset of any type and his voice alone pushes me across the edge.

I would rather fuck Juicy the convicted felon. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Although different, both Shannon and Kelly are equally extreme in how they respond to perceived slights - and neither seems to take the time to understand the other's point of view.

Of the two, though, I have empathy for Shannon so I'm in her court and wish her the best.  I have no empathy for Kelly as of yet because thus far, she is just mean.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 7

My not so hot take is that Shannon is depressed. This is the reason for her out of proportion anger and spiraling out of control. She may even be on anti depressants most of which lead to weight gain.  She has an unhealthy need to control things outside her control. Hence, the non toxic house and all the cleansings and detoxifying mumbo jumbo.  She needs to control because she feels out of control.  She seems truly miserable inside.

of course none of that excuses Kelly or the producers from putting Shannon in situations where she will fall apart.  Most humans refrain from doing that to someone. I wouldn't want to be around Shannon, but if I were, I wouldn't want to see her go crazy either. It's very awful to watch. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/23/2017 at 11:14 PM, diadochokinesis said:

I do have to disagree on her kids respecting her. Love, sure. That's their mom. But respect?  Michael won't even tell her where she lives.  That's not respect. Nor is it healthy. He has said he doesn't give it to her because she doesn't know boundaries. Also, don't forget that she ignored the whole Brooks situation despite Brianna telling her everything. Vicki was willing to overlook that Brooks told Ryan that he needed to beat Brianna. Again, not a healthy parent/child relationship. 

Completely agree. Actually, the thing I have always found the most interesting and disturbing about Vicki and her relationship with her kids is that they seem to have so little respect for her. I am talking about from the beginning of the show. I know they were teenagers back when the show started, but I was always shocked at how little respect they seemed to give to their mother. I remember specifically some vacation they were taking. Maybe it was the "family van" trip? She was trying to get them out of bed so they would not miss their plane, and they were just shocking in their irritation and disdain for Vicki and what appeared to be a fabulous trip that my own kids would have been so excited to see happen.

They have always just given her the side-eye about everything. Micheal in particular seems to barely tolerate her, the few times we see him he seems to be intent on letting her know he thinks she is a nutter. And you can never discount the fact that he found her so intrusive that he refused to give her his address. I am trying to imagine anything more disrespectful or hurtful if my own children were to ever act this way.

The Brooks deal was horrible in particular for Brianna, but the way she went on national TV and said some of the things she said about her mother. My own kids would be trying to protect me, even if my decisions were foolish and hurtful. One thing I know for sure is that my kids would always circle the wagons around me to protect me. It always seems like they are trying to get back at Vicki for something. They know how she is perceived by a large segment of the viewing public, yet they rarely do anything to change the perception or help her come out looking better. That is a shocking lack or respect, IMO. Shocking because I do think that she loves them and that she has done a lot to support and help them, especially financially. Yet still they treat her this way. But she is a horrendous person, so it doesn't bother me as much as it shocks me. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Completely agree. Actually, the thing I have always found the most interesting and disturbing about Vicki and her relationship with her kids is that they seem to have so little respect for her. I am talking about from the beginning of the show. I know they were teenagers back when the show started, but I was always shocked at how little respect they seemed to give to their mother. I remember specifically some vacation they were taking. Maybe it was the "family van" trip? She was trying to get them out of bed so they would not miss their plane, and they were just shocking in their irritation and disdain for Vicki and what appeared to be a fabulous trip that my own kids would have been so excited to see happen.

They have always just given her the side-eye about everything. Micheal in particular seems to barely tolerate her, the few times we see him he seems to be intent on letting her know he thinks she is a nutter. And you can never discount the fact that he found her so intrusive that he refused to give her his address. I am trying to imagine anything more disrespectful or hurtful if my own children were to ever act this way.

The Brooks deal was horrible in particular for Brianna, but the way she went on national TV and said some of the things she said about her mother. My own kids would be trying to protect me, even if my decisions were foolish and hurtful. One thing I know for sure is that my kids would always circle the wagons around me to protect me. It always seems like they are trying to get back at Vicki for something. They know how she is perceived by a large segment of the viewing public, yet they rarely do anything to change the perception or help her come out looking better. That is a shocking lack or respect, IMO. Shocking because I do think that she loves them and that she has done a lot to support and help them, especially financially. Yet still they treat her this way. But she is a horrendous person, so it doesn't bother me as much as it shocks me. 

It doesn't shock me at all. I love Vicki as a TV character, but I am sure she was an emotional nightmare of a mother. A narcissist, hysterical, overbearing - and Lord knows if she screamed at them the way she has screamed at cast members, which, IMO, would constitute emotional abuse. I think Vicki very much created a gilded cage for these kids - providing them with a lot, but at a deep, deep emotional cost. I think they're both pissed as hell (and I think probably not conscious about it at all), and I do think Briana passive-aggressively "gets back" at Vicki through the show. I do think Vicki did a good job in some respects, and you can feel the love there, and they clearly turned out "well" in terms of Housewives kids, but I think that was a severely fucked up household. Lets not forget that Vicki surprised Michael at his college, embarrassed him and then he had to cajole/comfort her when she had a breakdown about it. I really feel there were no emotional boundaries for those kids. Although maybe I am over-identifying as the son of a hysterical narcissist who was a lot like Vicki in many ways.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

It doesn't shock me at all. I love Vicki as a TV character, but I am sure she was an emotional nightmare of a mother. A narcissist, hysterical, overbearing - and Lord knows if she screamed at them the way she has screamed at cast members, which, IMO, would constitute emotional abuse. I think Vicki very much created a gilded cage for these kids - providing them with a lot, but at a deep, deep emotional cost. I think they're both pissed as hell (and I think probably not conscious about it at all), and I do think Briana passive-aggressively "gets back" at Vicki through the show. I do think Vicki did a good job in some respects, and you can feel the love there, and they clearly turned out "well" in terms of Housewives kids, but I think that was a severely fucked up household. Lets not forget that Vicki surprised Michael at his college, embarrassed him and then he had to cajole/comfort her when she had a breakdown about it. I really feel there were no emotional boundaries for those kids. Although maybe I am over-identifying as the son of a hysterical narcissist who was a lot like Vicki in many ways.

I see Vicki as a parent with npd too, and imo she is lucky that her kids haven't gone "no contact" - it would be the healthy thing for them to do.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

I see Vicki as a parent with npd too, and imo she is lucky that her kids haven't gone "no contact" - it would be the healthy thing for them to do.

Vicki for the most part still provides a majority and in the case of Michael all their income.  Briana's primary income is derived from the show-not nursing.  I am sure that could change in the future but Vicki was spouting off again how she wants Briana as a full time RH.  http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/vicki-gunvalson-wants-daughter-65557.aspx

I can see why Shannon et al, would object to such casting.  Briana brings nothing to the show-her appearance at Eva's birthday party is what we could expect. 

• Love 5

I don't like Brianna on the show.  However, I feel for her because she needs to hitch her wagon to Vicki, since her Lupus diagnosis is going to make it hard for her to support her family, even by middle class standards.  Maybe I'm a cynic, but I don't see Ryan as the primary wage earner, either now or in the future.

Micheal can go to another broker.  Then again, it seems like she cut him more slack because Brianna was always more accessible to her.    Michael probably doesn't deal with her much.  Poor Brianna is stuck with a debilitating illness, a shiftless seeming husband with an uncertain future, and she's raising 2 very active little boys.   Sucks for her.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Vicki for the most part still provides a majority and in the case of Michael all their income.  Briana's primary income is derived from the show-not nursing.  I am sure that could change in the future but Vicki was spouting off again how she wants Briana as a full time RH.  http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/vicki-gunvalson-wants-daughter-65557.aspx

I can see why Shannon et al, would object to such casting.  Briana brings nothing to the show-her appearance at Eva's birthday party is what we could expect. 

Is this speculation or do we have facts?

I just watched Shannon on WWHL.   It struck me that she is really controlled and kind of a miss-perfect type.   I think this is her leverage in life.  Anyone who strays from the perfect zone gives her license to nag.  That's most of us most of the time.    Something's up with that.  Not sure what, but it seems like its the only way she knows how to shine in life.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I don't like Brianna on the show.  However, I feel for her because she needs to hitch her wagon to Vicki, since her Lupus diagnosis is going to make it hard for her to support her family, even by middle class standards.  Maybe I'm a cynic, but I don't see Ryan as the primary wage earner, either now or in the future.

Micheal can go to another broker.  Then again, it seems like she cut him more slack because Brianna was always more accessible to her.    Michael probably doesn't deal with her much.  Poor Brianna is stuck with a debilitating illness, a shiftless seeming husband with an uncertain future, and she's raising 2 very active little boys.   Sucks for her.  

Why won't Ryan be able to support his family?

while he is not my cup of tea, there are plenty of military families who live on his salary alone.

I don't think that Brianna had to hitch her wagon to anyone. She is a professional woman and has no student loans.

now, could they afford the lifestyle she now has, without Vicky and the show? Nope.

So I don't feel sorry for Brianna whatsoever. And much like Motor, I despise Brianna's lack of loyalty toward her mother.

if she is so horrible, cut her off. Period.

In addition, she uses Vicky as a babysitter????

the fuck???? I would not let her babysit my cat!

7 hours ago, Jextella said:

I just watched Shannon on WWHL.   It struck me that she is really controlled and kind of a miss-perfect type.   I think this is her leverage in life.  Anyone who strays from the perfect zone gives her license to nag.  That's most of us most of the time.    Something's up with that.  Not sure what, but it seems like its the only way she knows how to shine in life.

I find this interesting because the reality seems to be she really doesn't do much very well. Whenever she's cooked its dry, burnt or lifeless looking. Her parties turn out odd when she's trying for something else. I haven't noticed any particular talent. And worst of all she generally makes everyone uncomfortable and on edge waiting for a blow up. She's pretty average with a big old dollop of anxiety plopped on top. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

I find this interesting because the reality seems to be she really doesn't do much very well. Whenever she's cooked its dry, burnt or lifeless looking. Her parties turn out odd when she's trying for something else. I haven't noticed any particular talent. And worst of all she generally makes everyone uncomfortable and on edge waiting for a blow up. She's pretty average with a big old dollop of anxiety plopped on top. 

I think that even at her best, Shannon is paralyzed by GAD. Just a hunch.

They need better make up Artist's on WWHL. Wtf??? 

IMG_0327.JPG

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

My god. Trump called, he wants his orange face paint back.

Between the contouring and the awful highlighting, it was super distracting.

I have to give prop to Cohen as he rightfully called on the assholey personal trainer on his behaviors.

Plus he complimented Shannon on her appearance. He even said that she was a beautiful woman no matter what her weight was.

I would love to have a little talk with her good friend Jeff Lewis. It is very likely Imo, that there is much going on behind the scene with Shannon.

AC was kind to her!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

Between the contouring and the awful highlighting, it was super distracting.

I have to give prop to Cohen as he rightfully called on the assholey personal trainer on his behaviors.

Plus he complimented Shannon on her appearance. He even said that she was a beautiful woman no matter what her weight was.

I would love to have a little talk with her good friend Jeff Lewis. It is very likely Imo, that there is much going on behind the scene with Shannon.

AC was kind to her!

i actually liked andy then

• Love 2

The poll on WWHL: 

Whose side are you on?

Kelly - 12%

Shannon - 88%

That was during the show - Andy didn't show results at end. Anyone know if they are posted somewhere?

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, nexxie said:

The poll on WWHL: 

Whose side are you on?

Kelly - 12%

Shannon - 88%

That was during the show - Andy didn't show results at end. Anyone know if they are posted somewhere?

I have more sympathy for her pathetic family that have such a loon as their matriarch! Her hysteria knows no bounds and she's still likely to flip out over "nothing" as evidenced so far this season! Lydia tried to compare "her reaction" of the friendship she had with Vicki; not that they're comparable in other ways! She was demonstrative, even if not screaming; mon Dieu, they just met! Shannon needs to get off this show and straighten out her mental state unobserved by our prying eyes! ;-)

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

I have more sympathy for her pathetic family that have such a loon as their matriarch! Her hysteria knows no bounds and she's still likely to flip out over "nothing" as evidenced so far this season! Lydia tried to compare "her reaction" of the friendship she had with Vicki; not that they're comparable in other ways! She was demonstrative, even if not screaming; mon Dieu, they just met! Shannon needs to get off this show and straighten out her mental state unobserved by our prying eyes! ;-)

Vicki, is that you?

• Love 7

How are so many people still on Team Shannon? Particularly this season, she is completely unhinged and it's actually become painful to watch her. The scenes at the dinner in Epi 3 were horrifying. She literally informed everyone about her weight gain, unsolicited, and then threw a tantrum. I was cringing from secondhand embarrassment. 

Also: yelling "I'm fucking done!!!" in every other scene. She probably should be done with this show.

Edited by ilovetrashtv
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, ilovetrashtv said:

How are so many people still on Team Shannon? Particularly this season, she is completely unhinged and it's actually become painful to watch her. The scenes at the dinner in Epi 3 were horrifying. She literally informed everyone about her weight gain, unsolicited, and then threw a tantrum. I was cringing from secondhand embarrassment. 

Also: yelling "I'm fucking done!!!" in every other scene. She probably should be done with this show.

She's not helping herself or the family exposing all this dirty laundry to the world! The woman needs serious help and it ain't gonna get better under the watchful eye of millions! ;-(

• Love 5

I'm not necessarily Team Shannon. And even people I don't like can get my sympathy. 

I'm invested in her weight loss story line because I am also in the process of losing weight.  For my health. So I'm relating to her.  Except for throwing plates.  I'm not relating to that!

I'm not freaked out about being fat.  For goodness sakes I go 3 weeks in between facial waxing. I'm very comfortable with who I am as a person. 

Something I think Shannon is lacking...sshes not comfortable with herself even when she's thin.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

Lookin' good!

(Latest instagram pic - don't know why it's so big here.)

I think we have to know more about what's going on "under the hood?" If Shannon's still flying off the handle in hysterics over a comment, then losing the weight will do her little good except maybe being a better looking mental patient! Listen to her tonight! Tamra's trying to have a conversation with her about Kelly and all she does is live in the past! She brought up Kelly's act in Ireland making Tamra lose it over comment about her daughter! I have little to nothing for Shannon if she wants to continue acting like this insecure mean girl! ;-(

• Love 1

She looks great! 

And I'm actually with Shanon and her relecutance to move forward with Kelly and Vicki. I don't see it as living in the past. I see it as realizing these two are vile pieces of shit and wanting nothing to do with them. It's not like Kelly and Vicki are family members or life-long friends, where there is a history there.... a reason to try and work things out. Kelly is someone I could NEVER be friends with. She will throw every low blow out that she can think of, when she gets angry. And Vicki can't be trusted. Tamra just wants to make up, so she can get back in "the action", and not be off to the side with Shannon all season. 

• Love 19

I think Shannon should just buck up, go to the social events, civilly say hi and then go into "you don't exist" mode.

If she's in a group and Vicki/Kelly join in, stand there with a smile and zone out.  If they get nasty, smile and say "Oh look the ponies are by the pool and they're eating brussel sprouts".  

And walk away.

Ignoring the Demonic Duo is probably more maddening to them, than engaging them.

She kind of does have to interact with them at some point.  Four episodes in and the show is disappointing a lot of people. 

Although.  What better revenge on Vicki than damaging the ratings so badly, it gets dropped.

• Love 9