Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Chanel Pour Homme-Icide

After the terrifying events of Halloween, Dean Munsch is forced to notify the authorities of the murders occurring at the C.U.R.E. Institute, which surprisingly leads to an influx of new patients. Fed up with doing dirty work, Chanel concocts a plan to put the new patients to use by recruiting them to join the Chanels. Meanwhile, Zayday and Chanel #5 pay a visit to someone with ties to the hospital's past, and a new patient's ailment causes the hospital staff to go a little mad.

Looks like they changed the date of the episode airing. Yesterday this was on my DVR to record today, but when it didn't I looked it up on the guide & now the date is 11/15. I wonder why the change?

53 minutes ago, GaT said:

Looks like they changed the date of the episode airing. Yesterday this was on my DVR to record today, but when it didn't I looked it up on the guide & now the date is 11/15. I wonder why the change?

It was preempted tonight (11/1)  for baseball and next week (11/8) for the election.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, wayne67 said:

I was vaguely curious about whether there was a new episode out so I could complain more about the stupidity but I guess I'll just put this on the 'lose track of' pile.

It has just be per-emepted by  baseball and the election.

7 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

Now that I have confirmation that Denise is dead.  This show can go on the trash heap where it so rightfully belongs. Niecey Nash was one of the very few reasons I returned, sans her, nothing to see here, so I'm out.

She isn't dead.  She is cryogenically frozen because she wasn't totally dead.  She'll be back.

I'm sure I had some other things to say about this episode, but then they used the soundtrack from a movie I watched more times than is healthy when I was a kid and now I'm totally distracted.

• Love 2

I've clearly lost interest. Also yes sadly all the preempt from baseball and election didn't do the show favors. Granted those two things aren't the shows fault but the season hasn't been that great to care much when the show was back on. 

I don't really see the show coming back at this point. Last season was good and funny and I remember being all excited episode 1 of this season but I now agree throwing these characters in a different situation doesn't really work. Chanel and CO were stereotypical sorority girls; based on that awful real life letter written by a sorority president. Dean was a feminist dean who hated them. Taking the same characters and throwing them into a hospital setting makes no sense. No matter how much they try to spin the story. 

I hate the jokes on Chanel # 5. I wish she had died so the jokes would stop. They aren't funny at all and I still wonder why AB is fine with it. But whatever, I guess it's all part of a role and she doesn't give a damn.

Kristie Alley has returned!

• Love 3

I don't have any idea what the plot (if there is one) is supposed to be anymore. At this point, I'm only watching because nothing else is on. The show has completely lost me.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GaT said:

I don't have any idea what the plot (if there is one) is supposed to be anymore. At this point, I'm only watching because nothing else is on. The show has completely lost me.

Me either. I don't really even pay attention when it's on screen anymore really. Also the plot doesn't make sense. They really forgot about kristie ally for like three episodes? And I'm betting she's going to have a big part in the killings. That's my prediction. And yet she's hardly around. I wish I cared enough to remember. I already miss Chad and Denise.

i did get a laugh out of Munch "I loved Denise! Well as much as any of the rest of you did"

• Love 2
5 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I already miss Chad and Denise.

Ain't that the truth. But given how outrageous this show is, I wouldn't put it past it to somehow have Chad resurrected either via the chemical swamp or one of his body parts is transplanted to someone in subsequent episodes and he possesses that body to 'come back'.

Also Denise in her costume in the cryo chamber was totally Sleeping Beauty/Snow White waiting for her Prince to kiss her awake. This show would win back a lot of fans with FrankenChad coming back to will Denise back to life.

As for the rest of the show? Yeah, not compelling.

• Love 1

This season sucks.

Chad/Denise both being pretty dead (although Denise can possibly come back), and Chanel #5 getting the brunt of the jokes is just the start of what I dislike about this season.

I'm only here to see if Chanel #5 murder Chanel and Chanel #3. Or if FrankenChad comes back to wake up Sleeping Denise. It probably won't happen. 

• Love 2

I must be the only one who still loves this show.  I found it humorous that the Chanel's wanted more minions to use as Cannon fodder for the Green Meenie.  I find Hester lol funny.  I actually like Zayday when the show paired her with Munch.

Honestly I didn't miss Denise at all I am one of the few people who didn't like the character. 

• Love 3

I did kind of crack up at the fake accents. Taylor Lautner was terrible at them and they totally called him out. Also, the visual of Chanel #5 trying to drink tea (that she thought was coffee) in her body cast made me laugh too. 

But overall I have to agree there just doesn't seem to be any point to the show anymore. And while Kirstie Allie looks great (this is longest she's ever managed to keep the weight off) I don't see any point to her character either. Lea Michelle is just sort of hanging around without any purpose too.

It's a miracle the show got renewed in the first place, and even so the Cancel Bear has it listed as a toss-up for renewal. If it gets a 3rd season? Well, something fishy is going on that's a far more fascinating mystery than the fictional one on the show.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 3

The only reason I could see it maybe getting picked up is the networks loyalty towards Ryan Murphy. Correct me if in wrong but isn't the network FX a product of Fox? And FX has two other shows by RM American Horror Story and American Crime story. I know they did cancel Glee but then two seconds later it was announced RM has a new show coming to FOX scream queens. So maybe they just want to keep him loyal to them. I just honestly don't think this season is funny or good. There are brief moments but the hate on Chanel 5 is kind of gross and not funny. 

I also agree they have no idea where to put Lea Michele/Hester because like all the other characters her character doesn't fit in this setting.

It all depends if Scream Queens has a better location next season.  I admit that this is hardly the greatest and I am still genuinely enjoying it.  I do think that the Channels work best when they are bossing other people around.   I think the hospital idea just isn't working but there are plenty of places that would and I do think this show is genuinely bitingly funny.

1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

The only reason I could see it maybe getting picked up is the networks loyalty towards Ryan Murphy. Correct me if in wrong but isn't the network FX a product of Fox? And FX has two other shows by RM American Horror Story and American Crime story. I know they did cancel Glee but then two seconds later it was announced RM has a new show coming to FOX scream queens. So maybe they just want to keep him loyal to them. I just honestly don't think this season is funny or good. There are brief moments but the hate on Chanel 5 is kind of gross and not funny. 

I also agree they have no idea where to put Lea Michele/Hester because like all the other characters her character doesn't fit in this setting.

FTY - They did not cancel glee. In season 4 it was determine it would go two more season and it did.  They did cut back the last season though.

The only mystery that is even remotely interesting to me is how Hester is connected to the Green Meanie.

I think Hester fits in as well as the rest of them. I also love how crazy she is and I guess I can believe her involvement  considering every other thing is unbelievable too. 

I do not think they have much of a plot for any of them.  Zayday has no personality anymore ala Grace.  Chanel has no purpose w/o her Sorority. #3 is tethered to boring Cassidy.  John Stamos  now no rival w/o Chad.   Dean Munsch kind of has a arc with the dying bit.  And as mention #5 only point is to be the punching bag.

Edited by marymon

I was unsure if Glee was cancelled or if it had been a mural decision to end it. 

I don't know. I just feel there's something missing this season. I wish they had gone with the idea of summer camp. I think that would have been more fun than this. 

• Love 1

I'm still enjoying this season and I totally have "Dancing in Heaven (Orbital Bebop)" on my music list. Girls Just Want To Have Fun fans unite!

I love Hester - I can't help it. Lea Michelle is having a blast playing the character and I love the little looks and smirks she has. Wouldn't be surprised to learn that she is working with Taylor Lautner to bring down the Chanels.

Is TL the mystery baby? The mom did say something about him being the closest thing to her but is he the actual child? I think there is more to this backstory than we know at the moment.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It's a miracle the show got renewed in the first place, and even so the Cancel Bear has it listed as a toss-up for renewal. If it gets a 3rd season? Well, something fishy is going on that's a far more fascinating mystery than the fictional one on the show.

If it gets a 3rd season it is Fox really trying to prove that delayed viewing is worth while for some shows.

I realized I was only interested in this episode because I know one of the guest stars. I would have likely forgotten it was back otherwise. It won me back with the calling out of random horrible accents in films. Billie Lourd is reallt a fantastic comedic actress.

4 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Over on the American Horror Story thread many posts were dedicated to Sarah Paulson's accent, so it was hysterical to see and hear a basket of deplorable accents tonight.  

I was thinking that too.   Heh!  

Honestly i think SQ is what it is and is just silly fun and it is fun to watch a bunch of actors having fun acting,   If that makes any sense.  It looks to me like every lady one of them is having a blast.    Yes the show could use more of a plot and that is a major drawback but I am having fun watching all the crazy and funny.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

Also, I don't think this show is getting renewed anymore. 

That doesn't bother me at all.  I just enjoy the general wackiness of it all, the segment with the accents alone was worth the price of admission.  SQ is a nice antidote to all the serious drama I watch.

• Love 1

What's the deal with the girl who couldn't move her face? Is that a real thing, and is that something the actress really had? Because the other new girl - the tall one they said had Marfan's Syndrome - that actress really does have that. She was on the last season of Last Comic Standing, her name is Andy Erikson. 

It's called Moebius Syndrome and from some Googling it seem like the actress (Riley McKenna Weinstein) does have it or something like it. Apparently she had a number of surgeries, starting at age 2, to remove a bunch of brain tumors but the surgeries also led to partial facial paralysis. 

9 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Holy crap, that is creepy as all get out.

I just looked her up. She doesn't have möebius, but that really is her face and how she speaks. 

Its so weird how she sounds so normal but her lip movements don't match.