Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: The Day Will Come When You Won't Be – Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

halgia
  • Start Topic

And we're back!

Last season ended with Rick and our group kneeling helplessly before Negan and his group; what Negan does will haunt those who survive forever.

Some reminders since it's been a while:

• This thread is open for speculation about this episode now, though note that there's also a generic season 7 anticipation topic.
  • Chat away here during the episode.
  • It will close at 10:15pm Eastern on the 23rd. After the episode finishes, take it to the main episode thread.
  • No spoilers, including comics, Talking Dead, and other sources. There's a spoiler thread for that.
  • Be nice and have fun!
6 minutes ago, NorthstarATL said:

I predict that someone will refer to the episode as a "home run" when reviewing.

Or something like "Negan made solid contact with a big swing". 

And despite not being from Kentucky, his best girl will likely draw the "Lucille Slugger" moniker from someone.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Or something like "Negan made solid contact with a big swing". 

And despite not being from Kentucky, his best girl will likely draw the "Lucille Slugger" moniker from someone.

Let's hope it's not "a swing and a miss"!

• Love 2

AHHHH! I am sick to death of my family over-analyzing every detail. We've watched all 6 seasons at least half a dozen times since the season finale. I am so very relieved to have the end in sight. I don't even care who lives or dies at this point, at least I won't have to hear my mother's crazy theories. I tried to tell her the writers aren't as into details as she is, but there's no convincing the woman.

Anyway, I predict the first 10 minutes of the premiere is the last 10 minutes from last seasons' finale. Is the run time longer or is it still in the hour timeslot?

• Love 4
10 hours ago, SpaghettiTuesdays said:

Anyway, I predict the first 10 minutes of the premiere is the last 10 minutes from last seasons' finale. Is the run time longer or is it still in the hour timeslot?

Taking Dead is scheduled for 10:06, so just a little bit over.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, SpaghettiTuesdays said:

AHHHH! I am sick to death of my family over-analyzing every detail. We've watched all 6 seasons at least half a dozen times since the season finale. I am so very relieved to have the end in sight. I don't even care who lives or dies at this point, at least I won't have to hear my mother's crazy theories. I tried to tell her the writers aren't as into details as she is, but there's no convincing the woman.

Exactly why I stayed away from everything TWD until - not counting right now, on this thread & in this forum - the S7 premiere airs, because I likely would have driven myself insane with re-watches and trying to figure out, in a non-spoiled fashion, who got killed to end S6/start S7; plus what might be coming in the immediate future.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Exactly why I stayed away from everything TWD until - not counting right now, on this thread & in this forum - the S7 premiere airs, because I likely would have driven myself insane with re-watches and trying to figure out, in a non-spoiled fashion, who got killed to end S6/start S7; plus what might be coming in the immediate future.

And that, my friend, shows how very wise you are.

One of my mom's theories is that Glenn is brained, then Maggie collapses and dies because her baby is a zombie and slowly making her septic. I love love love Glenn and Maggie (they're my favorite) but I think that would be an interesting route to take. I'd wouldn't even be mad.

• Love 1

Maggie and Glenn are the only pairing to have lasted this long. They are a pillar of hope for everyone. I hope neither of them dies. I kind of hope it's Daryl. Only because nobody is really expecting that. I wouldn't mind if they killed off Rosita and/or Aaron...which is why I think they wouldn't do that. I wish Tara was there so she could bite the dust. Not a big fan of her.

I (think/believe I) just came to a realization....

So, we have the prequel that is the FTWD, right?  With already having Judith and the possible addition of Mag&Glenn's baby to the cast mix... I just get this (horrible?) feeling that AMC/TWD people might try their luck with a 'sequel' series - even if TWD is still on - and it will center around a mature adult Carl (& Enid?) and a fast-approaching womanhood/manhood Judith & M&G's baby, etc.

I have yet to see the last two episodes of S1, nor any of S2, so maybe FTWD got lots better and another 'quel series would be cool... but going off memory of those first 4 S1 eps of Fear, I would not be eagerly welcoming of the news of any more spin-offs.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1

@iRarelyWatchTV36 - It's my opinion that FTWD didn't improve enough the 2nd season to make it watchable. I'm nowhere near ready for another sequel, although your Carl/Enid theory is plausible and could work with the proper creative production behind it.

Back on topic - No matter what happens this Sunday night, there will be more than a few of us crying "foul" after the premiere. I truly hope they don't throw us another damned curve ball and keep us waiting til the mid-season finale for the big reveal. 

• Love 1

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they dragged it out past the first episode before they reveal who gets it from Negan, i'd be astonished if they simply get it over with in the first five minute. though i think given that they've kept us waiting this long that would be by far the best way to go.

The problem with  sequel featuring Carl and Judith is that it precludes any tension over the fate of these characters in the main show as we would know that they must survive to adulthood.

I'm in the minority on this site in thinking that fTWD isn't too bad. In terms of narrative cohesion and the development of coherent theme it's actually better than the original, which has always been all over the place and frequently relies on making established characters do things that are out of character or just plain stupid in order to create tension or move the narrative forward. The reason TWD fans seem to have taken against it is because it's actually a very different show in tone and look, it's not just TWD with different people dodging the walkers.

• Love 2

The reason I soured on FearTWD is that it offered nothing new to me.  I never took to any of the characters nor did I care about their fate (and I tried; I liked the kid Tobias and the Army Major Moyer - both died offscreen). I was genuinely interested in watching the early days of a ZA in a sprawling metropolis like LA but the show wasn't interested in telling me that story. LA was emptied offscreen, the bulk of the population deemed irrelevant. The main characters' professions proved equally irrelevant in contrast to Rick, Herschel and others on the mothership who adapted their previous experiences to the ZA.  FearTWD has regularly left me unmoved and unconvinced, and none of the actors  IMO are capable of the emotional beats of Andrew Lincoln, the seething menace of Jon Bernthal or the steely competence of Danai Gurira, never mind the growing skill Chandler Riggs has shown as Carl faces his ordeals. I watched this past season of Fear to the finale and still don't like or care about the characters.

I''m concerned now that Negan might eat my show and I'll end up souring on it too. I don't remember The Governor getting this much publicity during his overlong arc. I like Jeffrey Dean Morgan but Negan, not so much. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Irishmaple said:

I''m concerned now that Negan might eat my show and I'll end up souring on it too. I don't remember The Governor getting this much publicity during his overlong arc. I like Jeffrey Dean Morgan but Negan, not so much. 

As far as I'm concerned, he already has. I have no interest in seeing this character, & I hate the way they've decided to off at least one of the people we've been invested in. I'm not into watching torture or people suffering, & I think that's all we're going to be getting from now on until Negan is gone. I've decided to hold off watching the episode until I read the comments here. If I don't like what I read, I may be done with this show.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, GaT said:

As far as I'm concerned, he already has. I have no interest in seeing this character, & I hate the way they've decided to off at least one of the people we've been invested in. I'm not into watching torture or people suffering, & I think that's all we're going to be getting from now on until Negan is gone. I've decided to hold off watching the episode until I read the comments here. If I don't like what I read, I may be done with this show.

I'm right there with you!  I still, quite naively I fear, hold out hope that this is all one big come on.  That in truth, none of them will be killed.  Fooled ya!!  I have no desire to watch one of my favorites being bashed in the skull.  If I read here that actually did happen, I too will be done with the show.

• Love 3

This is the most recent post on FB I've seen from Skybound (the comic company): Warn your neighbor that those emotional screams coming from your place Sunday night are nothing to be worried about. The Walking Dead returns in TWO DAYS!

Like, how is that what they want us to look forward to? 

Edited by mandolin
  • Love 2

How pregnant is Maggie supposed to be? We never saw her tell Glenn she was pregnant, but he knew and she talked about it when the whole dumpster thing happened. Wasn't there supposed to be a few months between when the Alexandria/herd thing was resolved and the back half of season 6 occurred? I thought she told the Saviors that captured Carol and her that she was 2 months along. Then, she has the terrible pain and that's what takes them to Hilltop. Hmmm. This has puzzled me. I would think that in the ZA, without the aid of ovulation kits, early PG kits, etc. that you'd be a couple months along before you knew you were pregnant. I mean, all that stress, you might not be regular. So if she was a month or two, then there was a few month gap -- that's more than 2 months along right there. Also, if you're only a few months along and something happens, typically, it might be some severe cramping, but then that's it -- typically there would be a miscarriage -- not the type of thing Maggie is going through. Maggie isn't showing, so she can't be too far along -- but all of this doesn't really add up IMO. 

If the answer has been out there and I missed it, I'm sorry for this long post. This is just something that has bothered me. 

9 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

I thought she told the Saviors that captured Carol and her that she was 2 months along. Then, she has the terrible pain and that's what takes them to Hilltop.

Yeah, they said 2 months then, which is weird because some sources at least also say it was a 2 month gap between the wolves/etc and first seeing Paul Rovia, so she somehow knew right away.

9 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Also, if you're only a few months along and something happens, typically, it might be some severe cramping, but then that's it -- typically there would be a miscarriage -- not the type of thing Maggie is going through. Maggie isn't showing, so she can't be too far along -- but all of this doesn't really add up IMO. 

My first thought was that she had a miscarriage and now has a walker fetus inside her. With no teeth or anything really effective to get at her, maybe it can only hurt her as much as it's been doing?

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Dougal said:

Yeah, they said 2 months then, which is weird because some sources at least also say it was a 2 month gap between the wolves/etc and first seeing Paul Rovia, so she somehow knew right away.

My first thought was that she had a miscarriage and now has a walker fetus inside her. With no teeth or anything really effective to get at her, maybe it can only hurt her as much as it's been doing?

Oh my -- I hadn't thought of that, if the baby died, but she didn't actually miscarry yet and it turned into a walker...wow. Yikes. Still, that would have been more effective if she actually looked pregnant and the baby she was carrying wasn't the size of a kidney bean with no arms and legs. 

• Love 2
On 21/10/2016 at 6:12 PM, Irishmaple said:

none of the actors  IMO are capable of the emotional beats of Andrew Lincoln, the seething menace of Jon Bernthal or the steely competence of Danai Gurira, never mind the growing skill Chandler Riggs has shown as Carl faces his ordeals.

do they show a different version of TWD in America or something? Only i'm in the UK and i don't remember watching any of that. TWD, though still flawed, has improved considerably in the writing department, but the first two series were just awful. none of the characters are given any consistent traits and their on screen personalities change at random in order to fulfil the needs of the plot. It's also clear from the outset that the people we are watching are complete idiots.

None of fTWD's characters are particularly likeable, but that's kind of the point, as the key theme is that in this world survival is a bout moral compromise, you survive at the expense of others, you can't survive and be the good guy. Despite this, none, not even Chris, are anywhere near as awful or unlikeable as Lori, who was quite simply the single most unlikeable character in the history of television programmes ever.

FTWD is by no means perfect and there's plenty you could be critical about, but i just find it odd that people criticise it whilst in the next breath lauding TWD as the orognal show suffers from the came faults and many more besides.

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:20 PM, mandolin said:

This is the most recent post on FB I've seen from Skybound (the comic company): Warn your neighbor that those emotional screams coming from your place Sunday night are nothing to be worried about. The Walking Dead returns in TWO DAYS!

Like, how is that what they want us to look forward to? 

I know. they keep saying "watch with someone who can hold you and comfort you." Crap. How about I don't watch at all. I'd love it if the rating tanked because people were sick of getting jerked around.

One of the producers said that the main group is already the real walking dead.... not the walkers. So I don't think most of them will survive anyway.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, crowsworks said:

One of the producers said that the main group is already the real walking dead.... not the walkers. So I don't think most of them will survive anyway.

Rick does implicitly say this in one episode, as per dougal's clip, i forget when, but some time between terminus and Alexandria i think, not that long ago anyway because i wrote the following on another forum in 2014 before the scene in question was broadcast and was quite smug afterwards because for once i'd called something right:

https://justthetalk.com/media/13618/the_walking_dead_ii__dawn_of_the_dumb_/178

Though i haven't read them i believe the comics are very brutal, they depict a grim violent world, it's all very misanthropic and nasty full of people like The Governor who've taken advantage of the breakdown of society to be absolute shits, for some reason.

The message seems to be that even if you do get your shit together and find a little enclave where you build the resources to survive, bad people will come and take it from you because that's what they do.

So you have the characters engaged in a desperate day to day battle just to stay alive, (hampered by the fact that the writers keep making them do really dumb things).

Though not dying isn't the same as living, the characters are alive, but what for? what do they have to look forward to other than something unspeakably bad happening tomorrow? I sometimes think that the show's title refers not to the zombies, but to the living characters. Like TS Eliot's living dead, who were stuck in a mundane soulless existence, TWD's character are stuck in a sort of literal hell on earth, where "you kill or you die", and the only way out is to kill yourself, or to embrace becoming a walker, as Lizzie wants people to do.

Then again, this is the walking dead, and i'm probably overthinking this. It's more likely that the show follows the theme of: shit happens, for some reason and er, look! Zombies! How cool is that?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BasilSeal said:

Rick does implicitly say this in one episode, as per dougal's clip, i forget when, but some time between terminus and Alexandria i think, not that long ago anyway because i wrote the following on another forum in 2014 before the scene in question was broadcast and was quite smug afterwards because for once i'd called something right:

https://justthetalk.com/media/13618/the_walking_dead_ii__dawn_of_the_dumb_/178

Though i haven't read them i believe the comics are very brutal, they depict a grim violent world, it's all very misanthropic and nasty full of people like The Governor who've taken advantage of the breakdown of society to be absolute shits, for some reason.

The message seems to be that even if you do get your shit together and find a little enclave where you build the resources to survive, bad people will come and take it from you because that's what they do.

So you have the characters engaged in a desperate day to day battle just to stay alive, (hampered by the fact that the writers keep making them do really dumb things).

Though not dying isn't the same as living, the characters are alive, but what for? what do they have to look forward to other than something unspeakably bad happening tomorrow? I sometimes think that the show's title refers not to the zombies, but to the living characters. Like TS Eliot's living dead, who were stuck in a mundane soulless existence, TWD's character are stuck in a sort of literal hell on earth, where "you kill or you die", and the only way out is to kill yourself, or to embrace becoming a walker, as Lizzie wants people to do.

Then again, this is the walking dead, and i'm probably overthinking this. It's more likely that the show follows the theme of: shit happens, for some reason and er, look! Zombies! How cool is that?

never read the comics (they looked silly to me, and the "art" is amateurish), but the series has had me hooked since the beginning because I was /am interested in what people do once Society has broken down. History tells us that our ancestors lived short, brutal lives for the most part, without cars, indoor plumbing, refrigeration, or personal media and cell phones! And, yes, the leaders often tend to be the worst and/or the best of us. (Not to get TOO political, but even in today's enlightened society, the "cream" has not risen to the top.) People's very nature makes them/us choose safety/protection over freedom. And there are people who take advantage of that. What's more interesting about the world of TWD, though, is that everyone except Judith lived in world before it all went bad, so they have to be taking it harder than our ancestors, who did not know better. What do they build? How can you rebuild if you don't know what destroyed it all in the first place and how to keep history from repeating?

It's a TV show, so we get people making dumb choices to further the plot, advance the narrative, and likely an episode that focused on the group considering the future would have the viewers calling it filler and complaining, but that's what I watch for.

Am I "excited" for tonight? Not really. The only logical choice for Negan to kill, IMO, is Rick, and he is undoubtedly safe, so whoever is "chosen" will annoy me, but I DO believe that there would likely BE Negans in a ZA, and how the group handles/hopefully defeats him will be interesting to see.

I DO wish that FTWD's Kim Dickens had been chosen to play a role on this show, though. She manages to convey better than any cast member how bad the zombie apocalypse must smell.

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, NorthstarATL said:

never read the comics (they looked silly to me, and the "art" is amateurish), but the series has had me hooked since the beginning because I was /am interested in what people do once Society has broken down. History tells us that our ancestors lived short, brutal lives for the most part, without cars, indoor plumbing, refrigeration, or personal media and cell phones! And, yes, the leaders often tend to be the worst and/or the best of us. (Not to get TOO political, but even in today's enlightened society, the "cream" has not risen to the top.) People's very nature makes them/us choose safety/protection over freedom. And there are people who take advantage of that. What's more interesting about the world of TWD, though, is that everyone except Judith lived in world before it all went bad, so they have to be taking it harder than our ancestors, who did not know better. What do they build? How can you rebuild if you don't know what destroyed it all in the first place and how to keep history from repeating?

It's a TV show, so we get people making dumb choices to further the plot, advance the narrative, and likely an episode that focused on the group considering the future would have the viewers calling it filler and complaining, but that's what I watch for.

Am I "excited" for tonight? Not really. The only logical choice for Negan to kill, IMO, is Rick, and he is undoubtedly safe, so whoever is "chosen" will annoy me, but I DO believe that there would likely BE Negans in a ZA, and how the group handles/hopefully defeats him will be interesting to see.

I DO wish that FTWD's Kim Dickens had been chosen to play a role on this show, though. She manages to convey better than any cast member how bad the zombie apocalypse must smell.

Good post and I agree with most of it. It amazes me that FTWD can be so much less as far as portraying the societal breakdown. Funny about Kim Dickens, I guess she has some value after all, lol. She has nailed that "I smell something funny" expression that Melania Trump does so well. :) 

• Love 4

For some reason watching a character or characters that i've become fond of over the years of watching the show get bludgeoned to death by an overly verbose nut case with a base ball bat isn't my idea of entertainment. it's more misery porn.

I'll watch to find out what happens, but like Northstar has said, it will just be annoying, probably. perhaps AMC will surprise us and pull off something unexpected that doesn't involve hiding under a bin, but i'm not holding my breath based on past experience.

• Love 14

I'm excited. I know I'm in the minority, but I can't wait to see what happens, and I can't wait for Negan's eventual downfall. 

I didn't like how they rushed the back half of 6 so Negan could appear. That whole Carol thing annoyed me because it didn't feel authentic to her character -- not enough development. I couldn't tell if she really had a change of heart or was faking it. 

I didn't watch the show from the beginning. My husband has always been a huge fan. I hated the noise the walkers made and it seemed like just a gory show. What actually got me watching was the dumpster episode. I was doing working on something in the same room where my husband was watching it. I knew of Glenn and was horrified. It hooked me. After the first half of 6, I binge watched all the seasons until the back half came on. Maybe because I'm late to the game I don't feel so screwed as an audience member as so many of you do. I do think the first few seasons were the best, but I still really love the show and am excited to see what comes next. 

The idea that I'm excited to see someone get their skull crushed with a baseball bat makes me question my sanity a bit, but I'm still with the show. As long as they don't keep choosing plot over character, I think this will be an interesting season. 

• Love 1

Not watching.  I'm really turned off by AMC's marketing of Negan as the star of the show, like I'm supposed to be excited about the murder of a favorite character.  Just now saw that the hashtag for TWD on Twitter has added a baseball bat icon to it.  Wtf?  Not a katana, a crossbow, a Python, or a hat.  But Negan's bat.  No.

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, BasilSeal said:

I'll watch to find out what happens, but like Northstar has said, it will just be annoying, probably. perhaps AMC will surprise us and pull off something unexpected that doesn't involve hiding under a bin, but i'm not holding my breath based on past experience.

Seriously.  On top of the misery porn, they will probably still find a way to make it boring, also.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, peach said:

they will probably still find a way to make it boring, also

Yeah, there is that, Negan and his boys do tend to go on a bit, you'd think he was trying to talk his victim to death,

I totally agree WRT making Negan the focus of the show. Something modern TV hows have realised is that often the bad guys are more interesting than the good guys, hence a load of shows that focus on the bad guys, Breaking Bad, sons of Anarchy, The Shield. Though all of thee show feature characters that although they do bad things, think they are doing them for good reasons. Character like say. Boyd Crowther from Justified are complex and multi layered, they are bad but also charismatic and compelling. I'm concerned that Negan is just a sociopath who kills because he can, because sociopaths are ultimately boring and mundane.

What i'd really like to see happen is for Negan to be giving forth about how he's going to beat the living daylights out of one of them only for Edith and the Cowardly Vicar to be hiding up a tree with a sniper rifle and shoot the fucker in mid soliloquy, so after all the hype Negan doesn't make it to the first ad break after getting killed by the least popular character in the show's history. That would be fecking hilarious and as an added bonus it would really piss on the chips of all those shut ins on you tube who've been posting videos about how they'd  studyed the trailers frame by frame and analysed the footage with a protractor to try and work out who gets bashed

• Love 14
3 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

I'm excited. I know I'm in the minority, but I can't wait to see what happens, and I can't wait for Negan's eventual downfall. 

I didn't like how they rushed the back half of 6 so Negan could appear. That whole Carol thing annoyed me because it didn't feel authentic to her character -- not enough development. I couldn't tell if she really had a change of heart or was faking it. 

I didn't watch the show from the beginning. My husband has always been a huge fan. I hated the noise the walkers made and it seemed like just a gory show. What actually got me watching was the dumpster episode. I was doing working on something in the same room where my husband was watching it. I knew of Glenn and was horrified. It hooked me. After the first half of 6, I binge watched all the seasons until the back half came on. Maybe because I'm late to the game I don't feel so screwed as an audience member as so many of you do. I do think the first few seasons were the best, but I still really love the show and am excited to see what comes next. 

The idea that I'm excited to see someone get their skull crushed with a baseball bat makes me question my sanity a bit, but I'm still with the show. As long as they don't keep choosing plot over character, I think this will be an interesting season. 

I agree with you (I don't like the violence, but I am in it for the characters-but I also know that they cannot all live), and I am also a late convert.  I binge watched the series late last year and have been a big fan since.  I think it would have been better served for the death to have occurred during the last episode and not as the start of the season. There has been too long of a break for me, it has taken away some of the shock of it. For what it is worth, people speculated immediately who it would be and if the spoilers are correct, lots guessed correctly any way. I don't think it added anything making us wait.  Since I am a non-graphic novel reader, I am looking forward to Ezekiel and what happens with Carol and Morgan. I know that sometimes having to wait and mull over the details can make some fans more upset about what the producers are doing. For myself, I have no real expectations, so wherever the story goes, I guess that I accept it. The only character I would be very upset about dying would be Carl, as I just really love that he has been on the show forever and has grown up in front of my eyes. I also cried really hard at Tyrece's death. I was not expecting it and that is always the best way I guess. For example, I just got HBO and decided to give GoT a whirl. I purposely did not even read  the episode descriptions. I was shocked and very happy when a certain King got poisoned. It was great not knowing it was coming! I think that for myself, approaching TWD that way makes it easier, but YMMV. 

• Love 6

As much as I lover live watching with you guys.  I just can't tonight.  I am so pissed about  TPTB - I don't want to reward them by live watching this episode.  I removed the series from my DVD.  They are throwing a party I do not want to come to.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

As much as I lover live watching with you guys.  I just can't tonight.  I am so pissed about  TPTB - I don't want to reward them by live watching this episode.  I removed the series from my DVD.  They are throwing a party I do not want to come to.

I can appreciate your POV. I have to go for it and hopefully the Talking Dead will talk me down. Although that is kind of a weird deal too. Group therapy for a TV show? God, I'm hopeless. 

• Love 1

I'm really cynical about the show at this point.

I'm not particularly concerned about who gets killed.  My favorites are too aligned with the characters who would only be killed after their actors quit for that.

I'm more concerned about how they are going to handle the death narratively speaking.  That's what they need to fix from last season.  I'm dreading the following possibilities:

- Repeat or continuation of Negan's never-ending monologue

- Opening back at Alexandra with the entire episode populated mostly by Alexandrian's moaning in Rick's general direction so that 1) we can play where's Waldo all episode, 2) we can miss any emotional fallout over the death (the grief part not the witness part) and 3) they can save the death for the last 10 minutes.

- Scene filmed from the POV of the audience

- Straight from the pages of the comic book posing/screen grabs

• Love 1

I got rid of cable, so I'll be checking here to see who eats wood tonight. 

I really hope TPTB pull the world's biggest fakeout and nothing as it seems for The Walking Dead. However, I don't hold out much hope for tonight....

Edited by SnoGirl
1 hour ago, riverheightsnancy said:

I am also a late convert.  I binge watched the series late last year and have been a big fan since. 

This seems to make a difference.  Having hung out with the Atlanta 5 since 2010, it's just really irritating to turn over focus to someone like Negan. 

I agree that villains can be interesting, and I think Merle was one of the most interesting characters in the entire series (credit entirely due to Michael Rooker).  Gareth was interesting.  ( even liked watching the Governor a lot. <ducks tomatoes> Negan is not interesting, he looks like a soap opera character, and the show is pushing him way too hard.

It's possible, of course, that I'm just getting bored.  I started the Hunger Games series of books with my kids way back when they were in grade school, and we had to wait a whole year for each new book to come out, and then for a movie (went to the midnight premiere on a school night!) and then dragging out two more films.  And they went for the money grab by splitting Mockingjay into TWO films, and we just got sick of it all.  The final film is sitting in Amazon Prime for free, and I still haven't watched it.  Just don't care, and we were yuuge fans from the beginning.

I wish I had never watched Fear The Walking Dead, because I didn't like it, and it started the burnout.  Now the main show isn't even doing anything I want to see.  Really, the boards are what makes it entertaining at all.  lol  If I didn't have smart, funny people to chat with about it, I probably would have quit last year!  I do want to see what happened to Carol and Morgan.

• Love 4

@riverheightsnancy

It's rumored that JDM's availability is limited.

That could by why Negan was shoehorned into 6B.

If that's true, don't think the All Out War storyarc will go beyond S7.

He must have blew Gimple away in the audition.

JDM beat out Garrett Dillahunt and Timothy Oleyphant for this role.

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba
  • Love 1

I feel gutted and sad already. That's a testament to how good this show is .. I'm legitimately already sad and want Negan dead. I fear that if it gets too brutal I will have to give it the How I Met Your Mother treatment. Gave them 6 years to move the story along and then I moved along. I will give Negan Season 7. By Season 8 he needs to be neutralized or dead. 

• Love 1

I'm hoping it's Dwight that gets it tonight. No such luck I'm sure.

What I am looking forward to is how Rick and Co. get out from under Negan's control, if they ever do. I don't read the graphic novels. I've been watching from the beginning and usually have the periodic AMC marathon repeats on for background noise, if nothing else, so I've seen the early seasons several times over the years. One of my observations about this show is that all of them are the "bad guys" to someone else.

I know we are experiencing the story from Rick and Co's POV but for other characters/groups that encounter them they could be perceived as a threat too, when no other information about their motives are known by those characters/groups. Even last year, when they first got to Alexandria, Rick, Carol and Daryl had that little pow-wow on the front porch and agreed that they would just take over if the Alexandrians couldn't adapt. The only redeeming value is that we see more of a basic humanity in Rick's group and that they don't just kill and terrorize others from a desire to be the top dogs, but couch it in either survival for their group or as punishment for those who commit the first strike against them. I think the only time they crossed the line was when they took on the vigilante role for Hilltop and went after Negan's group on someone else's behalf. So, in a sad way, Negan's actions against the group can be seen as understandable, by me. Where Negan will go too far is with the whole "all your stuff belongs to me now" directive. Now he's back to the bad guy who needs to be taken out. I'm confident our heroes will regroup and prevail, in this season or the next.

LOL Peach, about The Hunger Games. I had meant to see the last installment when it came out last year and never got around to it. I've been meaning to order the DVD and again, haven't got around to it. I did finally watch it on Amazon Prime a couple weeks ago. Good thing I already knew how it ends.

• Love 2