Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/17/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Do you have a link?  

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/news/after-the-view/after-the-view-thursday-october-20-2016

So here's the thing. We know you are traditional Candace. You aren't unique. Lots of people are. Heck, I'm pretty traditional in my life. However, yet again, if you are on a show called The View, where one is paid to share their view, sitting like a bump on a log during big chunks of the conversation seems counterproductive. Yet again, Joy had to ask her specifically what she thought to get her to really jump in and contribute. 

Edited by spiritof76
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, spiritof76 said:

Thanks for the link!  Hahaha!  Candace could not have been anymore uncomfortable and judgey.   Is "trusted friends" a code for her pastor?  Does she get her sex tips from her church friends?  Whatever, the one thing I'm sure of is "read and learn" is advice Candace will not be taking.  On anything. 

But I found the conversation interesting.   I don't know many Millennials and the ones I do know these conversations never come up, LOL.  But the few M's I do have in my life are probably the least judgemental people I've ever met - much like this guest.   

• Love 3

Oh good grief - just watching today's show. Candace sits sweetly there with a "what?" face. Can she not process different issues with this election? It appears to be she can't because it is like she hasn't heard the other co-hosts info or opinions. Or watched or read about it.

Good grief - how many times have co-hosts been booed on the show? A handful of times in 20 years? So.....Candace - how have you been kind and generous to others and refuse to give your VIEW on the show? Or compare yours to Hillary or Trump. Why are you there on the show? She couldn't agree Chris Wallace did a good job until she felt safe when all others agreed he did. Then she sweetly smiles and laughs.

• Love 5

Just finishing the repeat from today - why can't Candace join in and have fun with her co-hosts - especially on lighter topics. She sits there looking side to  side trying to process and then decides like she will smile. Seems like a lot of viewers dismiss Sara - I dismiss Candace because she has no sense of humor.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, maggiemae said:

Just finishing the repeat from today - why can't Candace join in and have fun with her co-hosts - especially on lighter topics. She sits there looking side to  side trying to process and then decides like she will smile. Seems like a lot of viewers dismiss Sara - I dismiss Candace because she has no sense of humor.

... because she out of her "element" & doesn't know how to react.

• Love 8

Confused why Jedediah was the only wearing purple for LGBT, guess they didn't get the memo..... and omg Whoopi pls don't talk about the constitution. Conservs think it is set in stone, liberals think its a living document, both sides think they are correct quit arguing whoopster. She brings up slavery for every argument ever especially with voting rights. Its a powerful argument when you use it correctly but not every time dude. 

• Love 1

Wait, what?  Candace said the other day that Trump doesn't convey any values or morals that she can agree with, but then she says, she cannot vote for Hillary because of her values and morals?  Or words to that effect?  She's just not very smart.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, fl2dc said:

Was Scottie wearing it too? I didn't see her, but I thought Kayleigh Mcenany was wearing it! Is that the official Trump uniform? lol 

Was that Kayleigh on the CNN post debate show wearing it? I thought it was Scottie Nell Hughes - I get all those blondes mixed up. I posted my comment on the View facebook page. That may be why they didn't allow it to be posted... it wasn't Scottie, it was Kayleigh? Now I'm confused. Not something new... the confused thing :)

PS - whoever here made the comment about how Sarah returns her clothes to the store, THAT made me laugh! She could have returned it and the woman who wore it on CNN bought it. Who knows? Maybe they all do that. I swear, the next time I go high end dress shopping I am now for sure going to smell the pits before I buy one!

Edited by maryis1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

It is well-documented that when Marla Maples became pregnant with Tiffany Trump, Donald Trump pressured her to get an abortion. Obviously, she didn't. But he was very pro-choice then. His choice, not the choice of the mother, but still.... (And how awful it must be to be Tiffany, because if I know this, then she has lived with it most of her life.)

And that makes sense why Tiffany Trump isn't in lockstep with her dad or her half siblings. Imagine knowing that your dad didn't want you from the get-go and now he is advocating for abortions to be outlawed. A lot of people have said that she seems to be the 'outsider Trump' and the 'less-than-cherished or less than intelligent Trump'.

Maybe she is all of those things but maybe she is not and just playing her life close to her vest. I loved the last debate where she deftly rebuffed his fish lips coming at her but did it in a way that wouldn't get FOX news in an uproar. She looks a lot like her mother whereas Ivanka has that icy resemblance to her own mother.

I guess I should cut this short by saying that Candace ought to dig deeper in her only belief that she can hang her hat on concerning Trump. If she knew that he wanted Marla to abort Tiffany - and then see Tiffany and what an independent child she is, on her own at University etc. - that one thing Candace embraces would be shot to hell.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Really.......and married to perhaps someone that supports Putin.

True.  She did say a while ago that Russians feel safe under Putin.  Probably something her husband told her.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, maggiemae said:

The face I see is, "How did I end up here?" You can tell she wants to be anywhere else and holds all the other panelists in disdain. She and Raven are surprisingly very similar--and no wonder they were cast almost at the same time--in that they are both in the bottom 5 stupidest women to ever sit at the table, but believe they are superior to everyone else and rely on facial expressions because they're incompetent speakers. At least Sherri, Jenny, and Debbie didn't have egos the size of China.

8 hours ago, Bmarsh said:

Confused why Jedediah was the only wearing purple for LGBT, guess they didn't get the memo..... and omg Whoopi pls don't talk about the constitution. Conservs think it is set in stone, liberals think its a living document, both sides think they are correct quit arguing whoopster. She brings up slavery for every argument ever especially with voting rights. Its a powerful argument when you use it correctly but not every time dude. 

I thought Candace had a bit of purple in her shirt/dress/whatever? I thought it was funny the two of them decided to feign interest in LGBT concerns.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, May Jacks said:

Nitpicky things like racism and xenophobia, huh Candace?

I wish just once when someone makes a vague statement like Candace did (any of them), another person would ask for one example. Just one. Discussion would become so much more interesting. They don't. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Thanks for the link!  Hahaha!  Candace could not have been anymore uncomfortable and judgey.   Is "trusted friends" a code for her pastor?  Does she get her sex tips from her church friends?  Whatever, the one thing I'm sure of is "read and learn" is advice Candace will not be taking.  On anything. 

But I found the conversation interesting.   I don't know many Millennials and the ones I do know these conversations never come up, LOL.  But the few M's I do have in my life are probably the least judgemental people I've ever met - much like this guest.   

What is so funny is that Joy admitted herself that she tends to be more traditional when it comes to sex, etc, but she was still able to engage in conversation with the sex expert. (I hate to keep calling her the sex expert but I can't remember her name!) Anyway, as soon as the sex lay said she was living with someone in a long term relationship, but that it was open, Candace couldn't inch further away from her. Joy on the other hand, asked her a lot of questions about the rules of such a thing etc as did Sarah. They both said, they didn't think they could do it and that it probably wasn't for them, but they still seemed interested in hearing where the lady was coming from. Candace just sat that there looking crazy. When Joy finally asked her what she thought, she just said, "I just have a fundamentally different, belief on relationships and sex and marriage and their person than you do" to the sex expert. And the sex lady, bless her, was super cordial about that and said, "I totally respect that 100%. Because it's about what works best for you." Every time to the sex expert said the words "no set rules" or "no one right way for everyone" I swear I could see Candace's eye twitch! Nobody is asking you to perform a threesome right then and there, but jeez lady if you can't at least participate in the conversation at hand and articulate your views then stay home!

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

True.  She did say a while ago that Russians feel safe under Putin.  Probably something her husband told her.

I remember her saying that. It made me wonder what her husband's family's place in Russia is. Maybe they are connected and high up therefor they are safe. It would make sense why she gets a sick look on her face every time they bring up Putin and his human rights violations and the fact that he is a dangerous, deadly dictator. Not once has she ever agreed with that. That is another conversation she tends to sit out. 

• Love 5

It occurred to me that CCB  is such a dim bulb, cuz she is lacking in formal education,  and also, maybe because she grew up on a tv set where they TELL YOU WHAT TO SAY AND WHAT TO DO every freaking second. Never had to think for herself.  No.critical thought about social issues or mixing with different kinds of people in schools. 

Ditto for Raven. Dress, hair,  makeup,  teleprompters, and repeating lines are ALL they know. 

CCB for married early and had kids.  Then she went to the dark side of her brother's crazy extreme religigosity which became a family thing for them all. CCB stayed dumb and uninformed. Maybe she is seriously,  I mean this seriously,  low in IQ points and  for the capability of intelligent discourse or considering another viewpoint. Coming up with her own cogent thoughts is too hard. It's easier to try a new hairstyle. 

And we all know Raven still refers to herself as a kid, at 30+ years old. 

So, we have arrested development,  little education, grooming for compliance on set, lots of $ to do so, and no reason to think outside the tiny box of their minds.  

Get off my tv, you nimrods. Just go away. 

Edited by Tosia
Disgust.
  • Love 15

We know Candace & her children have access to television, the internet & social media, so I find her excuse of being unaware & offended by the plot of the play, "The Book of Mormon," hogwash!  I guess she's also knows nothing about, will play dumb, or come up with some other excuse to defend Mike Pence's claim that a woman's menses takes the life of an unborn child. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

We know Candace & her children have access to television, the internet & social media, so I find her excuse of being unaware & offended by the plot of the play, "The Book of Mormon," hogwash!  I guess she's also knows nothing about, will play dumb, or come up with some other excuse to defend Mike Pence's claim that a woman's menses takes the life of an unborn child. 

Fun fact, one of her favorite shows was Scandal. She used to talk about it on her Twitter all the time. Just saying.

Anyway, excited to have Senator Al Franken today. He's both funny and common sense. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, maryis1 said:

PS - whoever here made the comment about how Sarah returns her clothes to the store, THAT made me laugh! She could have returned it and the woman who wore it on CNN bought it. Who knows? Maybe they all do that. I swear, the next time I go high end dress shopping I am now for sure going to smell the pits before I buy one!

That was ME!   Airhead Sara was so proud that she returns the worn clothing.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 10:22 AM, Vinyasa said:

I remember it! As we know, airhead Sara returns clothing after she has worn them. So maybe this same dress went from her to Scotti!!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

It occurred to me that CCB  is such a dim bulb, cuz she is lacking in formal education,  and also, maybe because she grew up on a tv set where they TELL YOU WHAT TO SAY AND WHAT TO DO every freaking second. Never had to think for herself.  No.critical thought about social issues or mixing with different kinds of people in schools. 

Ditto for Raven. Dress, hair,  makeup,  teleprompters, and repeating lines are ALL they know. 

There may be some truth to that but there are plenty of child stars who had the same on set educations and grew up to be intelligent well informed adults.  I think CCB's biggest problem is her religion.  Evangelicalism is all about women knowing their place.  Which apparently isn't in an environment where they can get an education (outside of Sunday school of course).  And as for Raven I think she suffers from the same ailment Whoopi has.  Thinking you know it all simply because you are famous.

• Love 9

Is Raven off permanently? If so, good.

I wish CCB would follow Raven's departure (if she is indeed gone, IDK) bc CCB is morphing into Bitsy territory for me in that my blood pressure can't take much more.   If CCB doesn't want an abortion she shouldn't have one.  She is perfect and everyone not like her is going to hell. I thought God was supposed to be the judge of people  - not CCB.

BARF

Frankly I'd enjoy the show if it were just Joy and guests of her choosing.

• Love 7

What's Raven doing back? And how many times did she utter her "I grew up in the INDUSTRY" today? I keep having to leave the room to do more important stuff like clean the cat's litter box so I'm probably missing some very important things.

Can I be bothered rewinding? Ah....no.

I see many posters feel the same way about Candace as I do. She adds zero to this show and she's so out of her element as far as discussing issues in an intelligent manner goes. She walked out of The Book of Mormon?!!!! See what I mean? 

Someone that narrow-minded should not be on a show like this. She makes me cringe and that's not just her strident tone.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

No, Raven was back today after being gone all week.  I meant I hadn't missed not seeing her.  She did share a fun fact with us though - she's been in the industry since she was 3 years old!

No way?! Why is she just now mentioning this? That seems like the type of thing one would repeat, ad nauseum, over and over again. The restraint of that girl! She's to be commended!

So I think I might be able to tolerate Paula. If it's between her and CCB, I think I pick Paula. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, spiritof76 said:

What is so funny is that Joy admitted herself that she tends to be more traditional when it comes to sex, etc, but she was still able to engage in conversation with the sex expert. (I hate to keep calling her the sex expert but I can't remember her name!) Anyway, as soon as the sex lay said she was living with someone in a long term relationship, but that it was open, Candace couldn't inch further away from her. Joy on the other hand, asked her a lot of questions about the rules of such a thing etc as did Sarah. They both said, they didn't think they could do it and that it probably wasn't for them, but they still seemed interested in hearing where the lady was coming from. Candace just sat that there looking crazy. When Joy finally asked her what she thought, she just said, "I just have a fundamentally different, belief on relationships and sex and marriage and their person than you do" to the sex expert. And the sex lady, bless her, was super cordial about that and said, "I totally respect that 100%. Because it's about what works best for you." Every time to the sex expert said the words "no set rules" or "no one right way for everyone" I swear I could see Candace's eye twitch! Nobody is asking you to perform a threesome right then and there, but jeez lady if you can't at least participate in the conversation at hand and articulate your views then stay home!

I remember her saying that. It made me wonder what her husband's family's place in Russia is. Maybe they are connected and high up therefor they are safe. It would make sense why she gets a sick look on her face every time they bring up Putin and his human rights violations and the fact that he is a dangerous, deadly dictator. Not once has she ever agreed with that. That is another conversation she tends to sit out. 

I love your post and it is why I dislike Candace and her brand of Christianity, they project a holier than thou attitude, against those that they deemed to be different. 

Candace is unfit to be on this show and it shows on the after show clip above. Paula is an evangelical like her, but, Paula is able to project empathy and compassion to those, that are different from her. 

Candace would never denounce Putin, because he embodies the ideals that she believes in. His treatment of the LGBT community is chilling.  Not to mention, he is  very antisemitic and anti-Muslim. I would not be surprised to learn that her husband's family enjoys  a privilege status in Russia.. 

• Love 5

I haven't seen today's show yet, so I didn't know Raven is back. BAH

I don't want to get totally down on religion bc it has its place in some ways, but what floors me is this. Some folks (CCB for example) who claim to be so religious - are, imo, the least tolerant ,compassionate, and understanding - which I thought were some of the main teachings.  It's puzzling and irritating for me.

Another irritating factor is this. Why do they have to coddle and tippy toe around CCB? Again, memories of Bits. Heaven forbid CCB get upset and make a pouty face.  If you cant take the heat..... oh let me shutty.

Edited by ari333
spelling uggg
  • Love 10

We finally get rid of Jedimotormouth and get saddled with a Whoopi/Raven combo. So much for Joy(ful) Friday’s.

There is such palpable tension between Joy, Whoopi, and Raven. They are constantly trying to put Joy in her place, and it’s infuriating to watch. I mean, when Whoopi was calling out both Paula and Joy about not wanting their kids to move far away, I wish somebody had the guts to call out Whoopi for a change—“That’s easy to say when your child and grandchild and great grandchild all live with you.” Like flying back and forth nonstop every week is at all feasible even for a rich person. And then they couldn’t stand the fact that the other women were talking about birthing gifts (or whatever they’re called), like what they think is the end-all be-all. Even Paula had to explain to Raven that they are talking about the mother, not the child because Raven was clearly too dumb to get it. I’m just looking at how those two expected The View to treat their birthdays and you know Raven would want a huge hoorah if she gave birth.

I’ll be so glad when Whoopi and Raven are no longer on this show, they are just rancid.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

We finally get rid of Jedimotormouth and get saddled with a Whoopi/Raven combo. So much for Joy(ful) Friday’s.

There is such palpable tension between Joy, Whoopi, and Raven. They are constantly trying to put Joy in her place, and it’s infuriating to watch. I mean, when Whoopi was calling out both Paula and Joy about not wanting their kids to move far away, I wish somebody had the guts to call out Whoopi for a change—“That’s easy to say when your child and grandchild and great grandchild all live with you.” Like flying back and forth nonstop every week is at all feasible even for a rich person. And then they couldn’t stand the fact that the other women were talking about birthing gifts (or whatever they’re called), like what they think is the end-all be-all. Even Paula had to explain to Raven that they are talking about the mother, not the child because Raven was clearly too dumb to get it. I’m just looking at how those two expected The View to treat their birthdays and you know Raven would want a huge hoorah if she gave birth.

I’ll be so glad when Whoopi and Raven are no longer on this show, they are just rancid.

THIS! You said it  and I'll add toxic and annoying (ok...understatement) to the very apt rancid. 

I'm trying to shutty, but I cant seem to. :-)

Joy... bless her heart.

• Love 6

OK. Color me absolutely ignorant. PUSH PRESENTS??? What the fuck? Yes, now I do know what they are thanks to someone on the panel explaining what they are. I am fucking tired of pregnant naked big belly photographs of pregnant women. I am sick sick SICK of the phrase "we're pregnant" - uh no, your husband is NOT pregnant, you are. I am sick of seeing wedding pictures of women in maternity dresses - puleez, get a big bouquet and place it strategically in front of your stomach. I am sick of women thinking they deserve a gift after breast feeding for a month... hey, not everyone can breastfeed and about the only gift I would have wanted was a nursing bra that didn't look like some sort of military/Janet Jackson garment.

Sarah does not seem to be a happily married woman. She blurts out things about her husband that border on something you might tell your best friend and not millions of viewers. During the cooking segment honest to god it appeared like the poor thing must be dieting all the time and when that delicious food was in front of her she just lost it. (I don't blame her though. It looked totally delicious).

Raven's hair today. It made her face look especially square when she grimaced at the cooking segment. And spitting on your hands? Good lord.

And Joy. Oh my God. She has the patience of a saint. Being shut down or disagreed with every time she opened her mouth. Believe me, that is NOT her normal demeanor.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

Is Raven off permanently? If so, good.

I wish CCB would follow Raven's departure (if she is indeed gone, IDK) bc CCB is morphing into Bitsy territory for me in that my blood pressure can't take much more.   If CCB doesn't want an abortion she shouldn't have one.  She is perfect and everyone not like her is going to hell. I thought God was supposed to be the judge of people  - not CCB.

BARF

Frankly I'd enjoy the show if it were just Joy and guests of her choosing.

My DVR tapes Joy so recently her old show she did out of her home have recorded and I really enjoy watching them again.  She is very comfortable and it makes for pleasant exchanges. 

• Love 2

Please dear god, no more of that valley voice from Whoops. It's played... so played.  Make it stop. Someone apparently told her it's funny.  The only worse thing is that vocal fry voice that some women do. (Kardashians leap to mind)  For those who don't know what it is, I wish I had a link as an example bc it is very recognizable when you hear it.

Love Joy's nasty t shirt. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, ari333 said:
41 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

41 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It is why I love Joy, she never lets them rattle her..If the rumors are true and Joy is the reason that Raven got demoted, then, I love her even more....I cannot stand Whoopie and Raven. They are truly rancid bitches.  It is pretty obvious, that they are working, in tandem, to annoy Joy...How middle school? Whoopie should be ashamed of herself, she is a great-grandmother. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I dismiss Candace because she has no sense of humor.

And that's it really; more than her closed-mindedness (I don't know if that's a word) for me.  The other women, Paula, Jediblahblah, etc. may have different views but they both know how to laugh at themselves.   Poor little Born Again Barbie gets tickets to a hit Broadway show and makes herself the victim of the story, "I had to walk out! My friends stayed but I had to leave."  Waaaaa

12 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I always thought it was code for her brother.

Bwahahahaha!  Gross but probably true.  

4 hours ago, mbutterfly said:

I wish just once when someone makes a vague statement like Candace did (any of them), another person would ask for one example. Just one. Discussion would become so much more interesting. They don't. 

That would be good but I think it's because generally they are so busy looking at their blue cards and waiting for their turn to talk, there isn't much listening going on.  

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

And that's it really; more than her closed-mindedness (I don't know if that's a word) for me.  The other women, Paula, Jediblahblah, etc. may have different views but they both know how to laugh at themselves.   Poor little Born Again Barbie gets tickets to a hit Broadway show and makes herself the victim of the story, "I had to walk out! My friends stayed but I had to leave."  Waaaaa

Bwahahahaha!  Gross but probably true.  

That would be good but I think it's because generally they are so busy looking at their blue cards and waiting for their turn to talk, there isn't much listening going on.  

I do think that Joy tries to engage Candace in conversation..I do think that Joy is open to speaking to her about her perspective.  I remember that awesome conversation that the ladies had about Abortion.  I remember Joy asking her, if she believed that Abortion is wrong, why even make exceptions for rape and incest.  I thought it was well done, for a show like that, it was pretty good.

• Love 6

Oz was talking so fast I couldn't follow any of it. If they don't have time for a cooking segment, then why do it a mile a minute? Here. hurl all of these ingredients into a pile, then taste it. Also, what's-her-name was doing  a Whoopi routine, reaching around and snatching food as if it's so delicious and she's so starving she cant stop herself.  

• Love 4

Loved seeing Joy in her  #Nasty Woman t-shirt today...... hope she wears it again when Candace is on, so Born Again Barbie can go into her phony indignation act.......at which point they need to run the clip of CCB  performing karaoke, on The View  while strutting around the stage in an outfit her parents, pastor & her bible study group would find offensive. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, honeydo7 said:

Loved seeing Joy in her  #Nasty Woman t-shirt today...... hope she wears it again when Candace is on, so Born Again Barbie can go into her phony indignation act.......at which point they need to run the clip of CCB  performing karaoke, on The View  while strutting around the stage in an outfit her parents, pastor & her bible study group would find offensive. 

Great point! I've also thought the same about the strapless ensembles and the up-to-the-lady-parts short skirts. Sorry for all the dashes :) Heh at first I typed dishes. If she didn't come across as so judge-y of others,  I wouldnt mention the skirts. I wish I looked that hot in short skirts. Yeah,I said it.

• Love 3

Didn't Candace say she reprimanded her sons for using what she considered to be "bad language?"  Those words just didn't pop out, her boys heard them somewhere.....from friends, at school, sports practice, church or maybe at home from their father.  Also, during the 2012 Republican debates, some Christian GOP candidates claimed Mitt Romney's, Mormon religion was a cult.  After working with Evangelical Christians, I learned they could be sweet as sugar one minute, make nasty comments about people belonging to other religions, then insist they were strong believers in religious freedom.  I'll bet the Christian Broadcasting Network would jump at the chance to give this former child sitcom actress, her own show.

• Love 1