Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/17/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

It's interesting that the rumors about Paula and Raven getting demoted actually were true... despite the show trying to tell the us otherwise. They clearly kept them on the payroll to save face. 

Edited by geekburger
1 hour ago, geekburger said:

It's interesting that the rumors about Paula and Raven getting demoted actually were true... despite the show trying to tell the us otherwise. They clearly kept them on the payroll to save face. 

Well, the rumours about Barbara "retiring" turned out to be true despite the show repeatedly telling us she wasn't going anywhere.  Ditto for Bitsy.   In this case, on this show, I'll believe the rumours first before the show.  

• Love 7

They couldn't "poof" out Paula and Raven (like they did Michelle)  and bring in Sunny and Jediblahblah.  So they have Paula and Raven once a week or so.  I'll bet money Paul and Raven are gone by Spring. Will see less and less of them, just like Michelle.

Who knows why we get CCB for almost a week!

• Love 6

So Candace will walk out on a Broadway show for language but will vote for a person who is beyond vulgar?

Her walking out on a show for her reasons does not bother me at all.  We all have our thresholds.  When she tweeted about it to bring it back to her is when I had to disagree.  Why not say, "It's not my cup of tea", and be done with it?  Nope had to drag God into it.  He must be sick of being at her beck and call.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

It was so weird how Michelle just disappeared and was never spoken of again.  Even Bits, Rosie Perez and Nicole got a " don't let the door hit you on the way out" exit.

And Michelle was already replaced by airhead Sara.

For months, Michelle was shown in the opening and airhead Sara is there. The worst any co-host has been treated.

• Love 4

Michelle may have been annoying at  times imo, but she was far, far from the worst (imo)     So she got NO send-off?    Has she said anything?         (    twitter etc      ?)   

Edited by ari333
2 hours ago, Vinyasa said:

And Michelle was already replaced by airhead Sara.

For months, Michelle was shown in the opening and airhead Sara is there. The worst any co-host has been treated.

The more co-hosts they hire, the more disposable they all are to the show.  Can anyone even name all the "contributors" they had on the payroll but not the stage last season?   Now there are eight "permanent" co-hosts and no "contributors" which sounds about right since at least half of these co-hosts contribute very little if at all.   

• Love 2
15 hours ago, jumper sage said:

So Candace will walk out on a Broadway show for language but will vote for a person who is beyond vulgar?

She probably didn't want to participate in hurting God's feelings.    Why anyone thinks his/her all powerful god has feelings...or could be hurt is beyond me.

• Love 4
On 10/21/2016 at 0:56 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:
On 10/21/2016 at 0:52 PM, Silver Raven said:

Did Candace really say yesterday that Trump doesn't say "bigly", he's saying "big league"?

Yeah.  Both her and Jediblabla said that.

Sadly, "bigly" is listed in some dictionaries; it's an adverb.    I have closed-captioning on often and even when I hear (clearly!) "BIGLY," CC shows "Big League."  He says "bigly" all the time...and most of the time it's easy to hear.

• Love 4

Now there are eight "permanent" co-hosts and no "contributors" which sounds about right since at least half of these co-hosts contribute very little if at all.   

When the season started, they said Whoopi, Joy, CCB, Raven, airhead Sara and Paula were the "permanent co-hosts" and Sunny and Jediblahblah were "contributors". Seems that has all gone out the window!

• Love 2
21 hours ago, ari333 said:

Michelle may have been annoying at  times imo, but she was far, far from the worst (imo)     So she got NO send-off?    Has she said anything?         (    twitter etc      ?)   

NO send off. Not a word  was said on the show.  They just took her out of the opening.

She thanked people on twitter and said she was another member of the  one season on The View club or something like that.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Former Nun said:

She probably didn't want to participate in hurting God's feelings.    Why anyone thinks his/her all powerful god has feelings...or could be hurt is beyond me.

Well these are the same people who think natural disasters happen because of gay marriage being legal so their critical thinking skills leave something to be desired.

• Love 10

Love2 dance: I was enjoying a performance of the musical "Rent," when several couples sitting directly behind me, I'll call them the "Outraged Christian Brigade," started saying they objected to the casual sex between unmarried characters, gay relationships, the male character working as a female impersonator & the AIDS plot line.....  Never left their seats, just kept complaining. Their whining was starting to ruin my evening, so I finally turned around & told them......."Maybe you didn't know this but, this play is a modern version of the opera "La Boheme."  That finally shut them up.

• Love 11

So, (& this is for you @Vinyasa), I just watched the after-show with the Sexologist.  Every time Sara spoke I was more amazed that she was so lacking in self-awareness & has been for most of her life.  I was blown away that she NEVER understood that if she had sex with a guy she "expected" him to stick around because she'd made such an "investment".  She didn't seem to know that women, because of Oxytocin, more info. here:  http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/275795.php

are more likely to attach to a man than he is to her because of the "Love Drug".

My Mom, wise woman that she was, explained this to me when I was 16 because she knew (she did my laundry) I was in pretty deep with a boy.  She explained that women want more closeness & men want more sex & a girl has to be careful not to be overcome by this "need".  For once I listened to her & was a little more careful & was cautious getting into other intimate relationships, knowing I had more "skin in the game".

I really liked Sara when she was with Hoda & Kathy Lee & was happy to see her join the panel.  Unfortunately, the more she talks, the less I like her.  She's 39 & appears to have learned nothing.  Just sayin'.  (You win @Vinyasa.)

• Love 6

So, (& this is for you @Vinyasa), I just watched the after-show with the Sexologist.  Every time Sara spoke I was more amazed that she was so lacking in self-awareness & has been for most of her life.  I was blown away that she NEVER understood that if she had sex with a guy she "expected" him to stick around because she'd made such an "investment". 

I must watch this after show.  Off to search for it!!

(You win @Vinyasa.)

:)

• Love 2
On 10/22/2016 at 4:38 PM, Former Nun said:

Sadly, "bigly" is listed in some dictionaries; it's an adverb.    I have closed-captioning on often and even when I hear (clearly!) "BIGLY," CC shows "Big League."  He says "bigly" all the time...and most of the time it's easy to hear.

It's outdated and unless you're in England around 1522, you're* an idiot for using it.

And he's using it incorrectly.

Book of Mormon is hysterically offensive. I was offended but I couldn't help but laugh. It's the kind of show where your face and stomach hurt from laughing so hard because you can't believe how offensive it is. I LOVED it, but I'm not competing to sit at the right hand of God like Christian Barbie is. Her reasons for voting for Trump are so transparent. You do not believe a woman should lead this nation. It's a man's job. Be honest with yourself, for your heart's sake.

*general you

Edited by Meatball
  • Love 7

Meatball---- As a Mel Brooks fan, I found the musical version of "The Producers," hysterically funny....even though others said the show's plot was offensive.  I guess BAB is unaware of the existence of the "Guide to Musical Theatre," Website......which contains detailed plot information about current Broadway/Touring Company plays and musicals, including a list of all musical numbers.  In some cities it may be called "Know Before You Go."   As the saying goes: "Forewarned is Forearmed."

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

Meatball---- As a Mel Brooks fan, I found the musical version of "The Producers," hysterically funny....even though others said the show's plot was offensive.  I guess BAB is unaware of the existence of the "Guide to Musical Theatre," Website......which contains detailed plot information about current Broadway/Touring Company plays and musicals, including a list of all musical numbers.  In some cities it may be called "Know Before You Go."   As the saying goes: "Forewarned is Forearmed."

OR - she went to the show in order to be offended and walk out.   I had not realized she wrote a blog about it.  But, as you example a few posts up, about people attending Rent - it is possible that people attend a show they know will offend them, in order to write stories/reviews about how outrageously offensive the show is.  

If you're going to be offended by blasphemy, Book of Mormon is not the show you would want to see -  unless you want to flaunt how outrage you were by the show, and tell other Christians to stay away.

(or what Ari just posted above)

It reminds me of being in a catholic elementary school, and on Fridays, listen to announcements of all the movies playing that week at local theaters, and which ones were rated "C"  for Condemned by the church. (you watch it, you will burn in hell),  And we all wondered, who were the catholics who watched these movies in order to rate them?  Did they get absolution, since they were watching for the greater good?  or were they such saints that they were willing to risk their immortal souls in order to save others from the sin of watching a movie? 

(and then, when I was older, listening carefully, because the movies with the C rating were the only ones worth seeing)

• Love 6
3 hours ago, honeydo7 said:

Is the Guide to Musical Theatre a book?  Because if it is you can bet BAB has never picked it up.   

By the way, it drives me crazy the way they all  talk about Evangelical Christians like Candace, supporting Trump when it's really mostly White Evangelical Christians - of the Huckabee variety.    There is an entire group of Black EC who, according to the NYT, are not supporting Trump.  Also, younger (as in Millennial) Christians who have rejected the racist whistle-call of Trump and are more concerned with social justice issues.   Just sayin'.  

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Is the Guide to Musical Theatre a book?  Because if it is you can bet BAB has never picked it up.   

By the way, it drives me crazy the way they all  talk about Evangelical Christians like Candace, supporting Trump when it's really mostly White Evangelical Christians - of the Huckabee variety.    There is an entire group of Black EC who, according to the NYT, are not supporting Trump.  Also, younger (as in Millennial) Christians who have rejected the racist whistle-call of Trump and are more concerned with social justice issues.   Just sayin'.  

Yup! Been screaming this from the rooftops! Not All Christians! LOL! 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Meatball said:

It's outdated and unless you're in England around 1522, you're* an idiot for using it.

There are more current...bigly more current definitions than hundreds of years ago--and I would have said "one" rather than "you're" when calling someone an idiot.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, backformore said:

And we all wondered, who were the catholics who watched these movies in order to rate them?  Did they get absolution, since they were watching for the greater good?  or were they such saints that they were willing to risk their immortal souls in order to save others from the sin of watching a movie? 

As a teenager In the late 50s I was "religious" about reading The Legion of Decency's list of Condemned Movies (posted in the back of St. Agnes Catholic Church) and definitely stayed away from them.  We were supposed to stay away from those films "morally objectionable," and even those "morally objectionable in part."   At the drive-in I accidentally saw a condemned movie (the second feature).  I was shocked and humiliated the next Sunday when I saw that movie on the CONDEMNED!!! list.   I sat through Mass and worried (at first) and then, remembering the movie, I was a bit mad.  There was NOTHING in that movie that was sexy, had bad language...anything.  It shook my "faith" in the Legion of Decency so much that when I helped to write our Class Prophecy, I made myself a reviewer of condemned movies.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

There are more current...bigly more current definitions than hundreds of years ago--and I would have said "one" rather than "you're" when calling someone an idiot.

Congratulations. Keep doing you!

Ha! Whoops! I can't believe Whoopi showed up on a Friday. It wasn't even a special occasion. Maybe to remind Joy who the actual moderator is even though Joy will always be more professional? I enjoy those Friday shows so much because I know there won't be any lecturing.

Edited by Meatball
  • Love 1