Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/17/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Still find it infuriating that this show dares to rotate Sunny with CCB. CCB doesn't not add any substance to this show.  She only perks up when it only serves her agenda. Which is usually promoting her awful Hallmark movies, Fuller House and God.  The show doesn't even let her do the fluff stuff. They have Sara for that.

Aside from Sunny's constant head tilting, I find her to be one of the best co hosts The View has had in years.

Regarding Sara...I find myself yelling at the screen when she adds her "point of view." Because she rambles on & on & on. The other ladies at times have to help her get to the point. Go back to getting drunk with Kathie Lee & Hoda.

Jediwoman doesn't bother me that much. She is pretty repetitive with her comments. But, I like that she is there and not Paula. Only because now CCB doesn't have a ministry time buddy to high five anymore. Which is one of the reasons I think CCB is more timid this season.

And Raven, you must really need that coin. Because co host once a week?  Yikes. But, she will probably use the excuse that she has more time for " art" school.

Lastly, saw Meredith on the show last week.  ABC should give her whatever the hell she asks for and try to get her back as moderator. IMO, that's the only way The View can have a 21st season.

• Love 8

Did anyone happen to see CNN post debate tonight? Scotti Nell Hughes, Trumpite, was wearing the exact same dress that Sarah wore on her birthday appearance on The View. I usually don't notice things like this but when Sarah wore that dress all I could think was that it looked so unbreathable and plastic and that it must be a sweatbox underneath. Then lo and behold, Scotti Nell Hughes had the same damn dress on tonight!

I remember it! As we know, airhead Sara returns clothing after she has worn them. So maybe this same dress went from her to Scotti!!

• Love 6

Ugh… Candace the Eternal Victim Queen, I can’t take her. If they want to boo you, get over yourself.

Joy was absolutely right that Hillary has no obligation to shake hands with somebody who incites people to assassinate her. That’s all I care to say about today’s trainwreck.

• Love 23

Oh please. Chris Wallace did a good job? He let Drumpf walk all over him, let that Orange Orangutan go back to the previous subject so he could get the last word in, told not just Hillary, but Wallace, "I'm talking" and pointing his stubby finger toward Wallace. And Wallace LET him do this, and Wallace fucking tried to fact check Hillary, but not Orangutan? Give me a fucking break.

And SHADDUP, Sara and Jediblahblah, and Chipmunk. No one on his staff is sane. And he just kept repeating over and over again that he "came up with 20 names" that he would appoint that were "Prolife" and that would change the court, and if Roe v. Wade got overturned, so be it, then it would go back to the States. Hillary nailed him on it, and she was the SUPERSTAR last night.

Chipmunk makes NO SENSE. She's not voting for Hillary because of abortion. Because everything else she said she's looking for? Hillary has those qualities. Drumpf does not. The ONLY thing they both agree on? Abortion. I can't just can't reconcile how some normally sane people can choose someone who is overtly and openly racist, misogynist, sexist, bigoted, xenophobic, and a sexual predator. If I'd been in the audience today, I would have yelled, it's my "First Amendment Right to Free Speech and Boo your racist ass if I want to!" and wouldn't mind if Security booted me out.

And Sara can also shut up about the shaking of hands. If she'd seen last week's debate, how he stalked her, hovered over her, and all the other shit, oh, wait. This is Sara. And NO, Hillary IS Better than Drumpf.  So shut about about "no one is better than the other."

• Love 21

What exactly was in Hillary's opening statement in the debate that CCB objected to so strongly?  Oh yeah -  Women's rights,  LGBT rights.   Boo, Hillary!  

CCB's comments lead me to believe she watched the first 5 minutes of the debate and was done.  

Sara -  Hillary doesn't have to shake Trump's pussy-grabbing hand! 

• Love 19

Candace has finally transitioned her way into becoming Elizabeth Hasselbeck 2.0. She plays the victim and I was kind of angry that Whoopi defended her when the audience started booing her useless ass. We already know that you're voting for Trump so stop being a pussy and stand by your candidate. I can't wait until Fuller House starts filming its next season so we don't have to see Candace for a couple of months. 

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, GokaiGreen said:

Candace has finally transitioned her way into becoming Elizabeth Hasselbeck 2.0. She plays the victim and I was kind of angry that Whoopi defended her when the audience started booing her useless ass. We already know that you're voting for Trump so stop being a pussy and stand by your candidate. I can't wait until Fuller House starts filming its next season so we don't have to see Candace for a couple of months. 

Yeah, she reminds us all the time of how much she dislikes Hillary - but won't say who she's voting for? 

• Love 6

Ok so was it just me or did it seem like the panel, especially Whoopi was trying to be extra gentle with Candace? Because at the start of the show when they were talking about the debate, she basically went the whole segment without saying anything. It wasn't until they came back from commercial that Whoopi turned to her and said, "So what do you think?" And even then Candace couldn't be bothered to articulate her point of view (whatever it is) and had to have Whoopi help her out. First she tried to give the appearance of being so above it all. "I look at the issues, I'm not interested in arguing the little nitpicky issues". I'm so glad Whoopi pointed out that what might be a little nitpicky issue to her is a huge a issue to someone else. Like maybe she doesn't care that Donald keeps advocating for racial profiling of Muslims or the return of stop and frisk in black neighborhoods, because those things don't affect her, but there are others who hear that and are terrified. Then she kept talking about how Hillary has just has philosophies that are just completely counter to what she believes, without saying what those philosophies are. She is talking about abortion. She just doesn't want to say it, because she knows it isn't popular and we've seen she's a delicate flower. And then she tried to get all indignant when asked who she was supporting. Look no one in this country is required to tell anyone else who they are voting for. That's her right. But ma'am, you are a panelist on a show called The View, were you are paid to give people your view. So don't act all out of sorts because someone dared to ask you the question. I honestly do not know what her purpose on this show is. I thought it was to present a conservative view point, but she very often completely sits out whole conversations, like she did today. Then when she is drawn into a conversation it's almost like she doesn't want to say what she thinks. Again, if it is because she is nervous as to how people will respond to her, then maybe this isn't the line of work for her. 

Sara and her "everybody shake hands" deal can go sit down somewhere. Joy was right in saying that Trump is not like any other candidate. Especially any other Republican candidate. 

• Love 21
30 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

abortions will still be legal in all those blue states where the heathen liberals all live.  You know like California and New York where you happen to live.

It is well-documented that when Marla Maples became pregnant with Tiffany Trump, Donald Trump pressured her to get an abortion. Obviously, she didn't. But he was very pro-choice then. His choice, not the choice of the mother, but still.... (And how awful it must be to be Tiffany, because if I know this, then she has lived with it most of her life.)

Also, since Roe v. Wade was a decision of the Judiciary Branch of the government, the Executive Branch cannot overturn it. I simply can't believe a candidate representing a major party doesn't know what this chart from Kids.gov does. I'm at the point where I'd vote for mandatory civics classes for every registered voter.

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, spiritof76 said:

"I look at the issues, I'm not interested in arguing the little nitpicky issues".

And what exactly are these nitpicky issues that CCB doesn't care about?  Social Security?  Foreign policy?  Civil rights?  Climate Change?

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, backformore said:

Yeah, she reminds us all the time of how much she dislikes Hillary - but won't say who she's voting for? 

Exactly!!!

Candace defends every deplorable thing Donald has said and done. She talks about how Hillary was nice when she was a guest on the show but trashes her. She's two-faced just like Elizabeth because Elizabeth pulled that same mess with President Obama.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

And what exactly are these nitpicky issues that CCB doesn't care about?  Social Security?  Foreign policy?  Civil rights?  Climate Change?

Everything except a woman's right to choose.  All other issues are nitpicky, according to CCB.  

• Love 12

So, while talking about things that turned them on & off, The Whoopster has the unmitigated gall to say someone who has bad breath, probably due to a stomach issue, turns her off.  She's not very tolerant considering all the years she walked around with bad teeth & cow's ass breath.  Just sayin'.

• Love 9

Oh, I just wished the boos had been louder toward CCB!! I bet someone turned down the mic near the audience.

It would have been priceless if she had walked off! So close but so far................!

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Whoopie is a rancid bitch and her know it all attitude is always grating.  I miss Sunny and I wished that she was there to talk about the importance of the supreme court justices and the constitution. Whoopie is so incoherent, in trying, to articulate her thoughts.  It is embarrassing..

Yes! When she couldn't even get out "separate but equal" and the Brown vs. the Board of Education decision I was done! Because there was a valid argument to be made that some of the fundamental rights that minority groups now enjoy came from the Supreme Court, not the people voting as Jedawhatever said. But Whoopi is so frickin inarticulate.

• Love 6

I too wish Sunny had been there today to explain to Whoopi the difference between Congress amending the Constitution and the Supreme Court ruling on the constitutionality of a law, because she sure didn't understand.  Jed (bless her heart) tried but know-it-all Whoopi was having none of it.

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I too wish Sunny had been there today to explain to Whoopi the difference between Congress amending the Constitution and the Supreme Court ruling on the constitutionality of a law, because she sure didn't understand.  Jed (bless her heart) tried but know-it-all Whoopi was having none of it.

I do think that Whoopie would not be to keen on Sunny schooling her about anything.  We have seen the contempt that she has for Sunny.  It seemed to have affected Sunny.  There was a weird vibe between them, the last time that they were on the panel together.. I do believe that Whoopie played a role, in Paula's demotion, on the show..Despite her protestations, to the contrary, on tweeter.   Paula used to get under her skin, I used to get a perverse pleasure from that...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
34 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I know, right? But like @Apprentice79 said, the Whoopster would shout her down. If only they could get Hillary to return and school 'Ms. I know everything about the law since I lived through the civil rights era and no one, especially a lawyer who would know, will correct me even if I'm wrong unless it's a MAN*'

*Dan Abrams

• Love 2

I am tired of Sara as well...She adds nothing to the show. I miss Michele.  Sarah always seems like she is about to have a nervous breakdown and it is painful to watch...She seems to be very unhappy, in her personal life.

Airhead Sara really needs a day off each week.

An hour a day is too much for her. Even though she says very little, she always has that puzzled look on her face.  I think it is draining on her to try to understand and follow the conversation, no matter what they have practiced or planned out before the show.

• Love 3
Just now, athousandclowns said:

I hate to ask since I did watch but what was the opening Hillary statement that made Candace know she couldn't vote for her? I really truly can not figure out the thought process in thinking she should be on the panel.....no vetting there 

It really wouldn't matter what Hillary said ... Born Again Barbie's mind is already made up.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I hate to ask since I did watch but what was the opening Hillary statement that made Candace know she couldn't vote for her? I really truly can not figure out the thought process in thinking she should be on the panel.....no vetting there 

Here's what she said. I've bolded what made Chipmunk's head explode:

"When we talk about the Supreme Court it really raises the central issue in this election, namely, what kind of country are we going to be? What kind of opportunities will we provide for our citizens?

What kind of rights will Americans have? And I feel strongly that the Supreme Court needs to stand on the side of the American people, not on the side of the powerful corporations and the wealthy.

For me, that means that we need a Supreme Court that will stand up on behalf of women's rights, on behalf of the rights of the LGBT community, that will stand up and say no to Citizens United, a decision that has undermined the election system in the country because of the way it permits dark, unaccountable money to come into our electoral system. I have major disagreements with my opponent about these issues and others that will be before the Supreme Court, but I feel that at this point in our country's history, it is important that we not reverse marriage equality, that we not reverse Roe v. Wade, that we stand up against Citizens United, we stand up for the rights of people in the workplace, that we stand up and basically say the Supreme Court should represent all of us. That's how I see the court, and the kind of people that I would be looking to nominate to the court would be in the great tradition of standing up to the powerful, standing up on behalf of our rights as Americans, and I look forward to having that opportunity."

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 16

Hey, spiritof76  Based on the nasty things CCB says about Hillary Clinton & other male & female Democratic political candidates, she repeatedly says are horrible, awful, terrible people, because they don't share her christian values.  I'd love to hear Candace's interpretation of Mark 12:31, part of which says...."Love your neighbor as yourself."  

• Love 6

Candice really showed her ass with her "nitpicky" comment.  How utterly .... obtuse ... can a person be?   

I was disappointed in how gently Whoopi handled her, politely reminding her that what's "nitpicky" to her is important to other people. But  of course that's how you have to talk to delicate little Candice, lest she pull her dress up over her head and run offstage crying like a three year old.  She's a fragile little baby chipmunk and she has to be coddled. 

I wonder how Candice would feel if someone on the panel turned to her and said they think the only issue she cares about - abortion - is "nitpicky?"  That they don't care, don't want to hear about it, it doesn't matter to them?  Implies it should not be a consideration, that something else is the only thing that matters?  She'd think they were egocentric and insensitive as hell, and claim religious persecution because her Christian Values were being disregarded.

But it's fine for her to dismiss other people's concerns about things like racial discrimination, the rights of people who practice religions other than Christianity, homophobia, equal rights, economic security, and the environment.  That's just some insignificant  "nitpicky" shit and Candice doesn't want to hear it!   

I wish the audience had pelted her with rotten fruit.  Booing is too good for her.

• Love 19
37 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

Hey, spiritof76  Based on the nasty things CCB says about Hillary Clinton & other male & female Democratic political candidates, she repeatedly says are horrible, awful, terrible people, because they don't share her christian values.  I'd love to hear Candace's interpretation of Mark 12:31, part of which says...."Love your neighbor as yourself."  

Oh she'd probably say she does love them, despite their horrible "sinfulness", but it is her job as a Good Christian to point out their sinful ways. A phrase that's super popular in some churches is "to speak the truth in love". Meaning you tell someone when they are wrong because you love them. However, the way I've seen it used is to allow some people to say whatever they want to say, without being accused of being mean. It's kind of a way around the "no judging" thing. My guess is Candace is a "speak the truth in love" kind of girl. I know her kind trust me.

15 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Candice really showed her ass with her "nitpicky" comment.  How utterly .... obtuse ... can a person be?   

I was disappointed in how gently Whoopi handled her, politely reminding her that what's "nitpicky" to her is important to other people. But  of course that's how you have to talk to delicate little Candice, lest she pull her dress up over her head and run offstage crying like a three year old.  She's a fragile little baby chipmunk and she has to be coddled. 

I wonder how Candice would feel if someone on the panel turned to her and said they think the only issue she cares about - abortion - is "nitpicky?"  That they don't care, don't want to hear about it, it doesn't matter to them?  Implies it should not be a consideration, that something else is the only thing that matters?  She'd think they were egocentric and insensitive as hell, and claim religious persecution because her Christian Values were being disregarded.

But it's fine for her to dismiss other people's concerns about things like racial discrimination, the rights of people who practice religions other than Christianity, homophobia, equal rights, economic security, and the environment.  That's just some insignificant  "nitpicky" shit and Candice doesn't want to hear it!   

I wish the audience had pelted her with rotten fruit.  Booing is too good for her.

And that was my problem with what she said too. She acted like she was so above it all. When she kept saying, "I look at the issues ", she was implying other people weren't. Again, like she and she alone understood the real stakes in this election. It just really annoyed me. Especially because when given a very clear chance to say exactly where she stands and what she believes and why, she didn't. If you're vote is all about abortion say so. Don't talk around it. My guess is she doesn't want to have the conversation about abortion and Donald's true position on it. 

• Love 11

If confronted about which issues she is paying attention to I bet CCB would freeze like Bambi caught in headlights.  As mentioned above by a few posters we all know abortion is her deciding factor.  Which fine OK but do not try to make it sound like all other voters are just being nitpicky because we aren't voting with our Christian hearts and smug holier than thou attitudes.  Jesus (no pun intended) this woman irritates the fuck out of me.

• Love 7

Thanks so much GHScorpiosrule. So according to my calculations no one but her pastor is fit for the office.  That's really rich she looks at the issues unlike the rest of us roobs  yay for Al Frankenstein Friday 

Hope I'm given a little leeway here but need to share about the debate. It's like playing chess with a pigeon he just knocks over the pieces, poops all over the board , and struts around like he won. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure, so I went back to my DVR and watched the beginning of the debate again.  And I came away INSPIRED and moved, that a woman who cares so much about other women, is going to be our next president.   Every time I think of it I get emotional. 

• Love 16
16 hours ago, maryis1 said:

Did anyone happen to see CNN post debate tonight? Scotti Nell Hughes, Trumpite, was wearing the exact same dress that Sarah wore on her birthday appearance on The View. I usually don't notice things like this but when Sarah wore that dress all I could think was that it looked so unbreathable and plastic and that it must be a sweatbox underneath. Then lo and behold, Scotti Nell Hughes had the same damn dress on tonight!

I did not see it, but you know I love a good fashion comment maryis.  Nice catch.  And speaking of fashion - when Whoopi was on remote at that Chicken Coop fundraiser, I thought that if not for the cameras following her around the chefs might have mistaken her for a bag lady looking for handouts.  When she attempted to shove an entire chicken, waffle, and pickle sandwich in her mouth they would be sure of it. Movie Stah indeed.  

5 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Fuck shaking Donald Trump's hand. Who the hell knows where it has been? Oh yeah-all of us.

Bwahahahha!   Although I find very little about this election funny, that was hilarious @GiveMeSpace Thank you for the excellent snark.  You guys rock!

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

Candace is a single issue voter and she certainly isn't alone but she needs to put on her big girl pants own it.   I'm a life long supporter of electing pro-choice Democratic women to office [see Emily's List] and know there are many single issue voters on both pro-choice and anti-choice.  Heck, as a young woman I was a single issue voter [when applicable] myself but it's strange to hear someone ON TV call foreign policy, including nuclear weapons programs, blatant racism, and the delegitimizing of our very democracy,  "nit picky stuff".   Yikes.  

I  agree she also needs to stop acting like she's thought through the issues and the candidates.  At all.   It's pretty clear to me that before landing this gig [and I STILL don't understand how that happened] she had never thought about politics at all [outside of her church] and certainly never talked about politics at all. 

The only reason I can think of her refusing to say who she's voting for is the fear of more boos, even though Whoopi let us all know that The View does not include the audience views.   Luckily [or unluckily for BAB] she votes in California and so it doesn't really matter if she votes for Hilary or not - her state is a solid blue.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I'm sure if he'd said "Christians are rapists and murderers," she wouldn't think his other controversies are "nitpicky." She only gives a shit when something directly affects herself, screw the rest of us. If I was in the audience, I would've booed as loud as I can after Whoopi and she acted all offended that people reacted to her offensive words even if I wasn't one of the people booing originally.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
"she acted," not "her acted," sorry lol
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

Hope I'm given a little leeway here but need to share about the debate. It's like playing chess with a pigeon he just knocks over the pieces, poops all over the board , and struts around like he won. 

I don't know if everyone on this forum is aware but the board admins are now allowing some discussion about the election with regards to the network reporting in  the "Network Talk" forum  and opened a new forum in "Off Topic" called  *Current Events & Politics" to fully discuss the players and the race.  Quite a spirited real time convo about the debate last night in a thread they generously opened for those that are hooked.

As far as BAB and her reviewing of the issues?  She needs to get out more, she needs to open her narrow mind and educate herself and she needs realize that her worldview and belief system is far from being the only one that is important to recognize, be tolerant of and, yes, even embrace.  For all of her "looking at the issues", she seems to have missed a few in her own little reality.

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

The only reason I can think of her refusing to say who she's voting for is the fear of more boos, even though Whoopi let us all know that The View does not include the audience views.

I thought along that same line until...until they seemed to be very happy with audience CHEERS!   The audience can respond, but only in a positive manner.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

First of all, Candace, shut the fuck up! I am sorry, but, I have had it with her.  I have tried, but, it is futile..I have no problems with her stance against Abortion. It is her right as an American.  What pisses me off, is her holier than thou attitude and scoffing about things that she finds to be nitpicking, is outrageous.  I am Black and the things that Donald Trump has said, scares the hell out of me....I don't want us to fight, so, I will keep my opinions about Trump, to myself..

I'm Italian and I outraged.  His own party is comparing his run up to the election to 1930s Germany.  So many comparisons to Hitler's rise.  Rise within the party and then destroy the party and have your henchmen start in on the government military and then turn on the henchmen.  I loved how one Republican said he is amazed that the very people who are gung ho Trump fans are the very people he considers losers.

I am so sick of Candace and her right to life crap.  If she really wanted to curb the need for abortions then she would vote Democratic.  Abortions have almost been cut in half since the Reagan administration.  All the tools women need to make a choice for life has been given by the Democratic party.  Wick, Head Start etc.  The Clinton administration provided free healthcare for all children in need.  The last time I checked my state, the health care for kids was about 60% of all children in the state.  This link gives many, many more programs that has allowed women with a true choice.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, maryis1 said:

Was Scottie wearing it too? I didn't see her, but I thought Kayleigh Mcenany was wearing it! Is that the official Trump uniform? lol 

I'm not sure if anyone here watches "After The View" but the one today was a doozy! It was Candace, Joy and Sarah with a sex expert. I'll let you guess who looked mad uncomfortable, sat there with a judgey face and contributed next to nothing to the conversation. 

Edited by spiritof76
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, spiritof76 said:

I'm not sure if anyone here watches "After The View" but the one today was a doozy! It was Candace, Joy and Sarah with a sex expert. I'Lloyd let you guess who looked mad uncomfortable, sat there with a judgey face and contributed next to nothing to the conversation. 

Do you have a link?