Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: The Importance Of Being Family

• Start Topic

As I was watching this week I was wondering, if it weren't for Teresa and Joe's legal problems, would RHONJ still be on the air? There really are no storylines other than that. Jacqueline is boring and desperate for attention; the Wakile contingent is boring and desperate for attention; Dolores barely registers and Siggy makes me want to rip my head off at the neck and put it somewhere safe where it doesn't have to hear the sound of her voice. Her mother has to be mentally ill if she's actively working to spend more time with that mess. I get that these shows are only loosely based on actual reality, but even the made-up drama is no drama at all. I wish we could just sweep the cast clean and get in a full contingent of new women, maybe some of them with actual careers (as opposed to "Real Housewives" type careers [I look in your direction and cough, Melissa]) It's just not fun anymore.

• Love 6

Wow.  A camera crew around on the last few days to film them before their father leaves for prison.  The Giudices' will do anything for money. 

The Giudices have been pimping their children and their emotions for years now, so that wasn't surprising. The overall well-being of their daughters just isn't a priority for them.

It's funny how the paps were suddenly welcomed onto the Giudices' property so they could film that "last hug goodbye" (which was phony AF, since Teresa left with Juicy).

Theresa: Gabriella, do you want to say a prayer for daddy, too?  Gabriella: Nope.

And, when Juicy told her he loved her at the cupcake place, her reply was "I know". That kid is so over those mofos.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, kassa said:

Jac should have sent Chris to the party.  Chris and Joe never had a problem, and Joe never appeared to hold Jac's past blowups with Tre against Chris.  What is the harm in running by the party and shaking the man's hand?  Because Siggy told you not to?  (Chris honestly didn't seem to have a problem with going to the party, and Jac outright stated that she had no problem with Chris going to the party and then Siggy said not to, and he caved.  It was like she was passing along his marching orders from production or something, how quick he turned around.)

It was actually Dolores that told him not to, which I found weird, considering Dolores seems the best at being able to navigate "sides" without drama. I almost wondered if Jac put her up to it, so it wouldn't come from Jac herself. Just like I thought Jac privately asked Dolores and Siggy to campaign for her to stay in Vermont, so she wouldn't have to eat crow and say she was staying after declaring that she was leaving. There was just something weird about the whole thing. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Kellyee said:

The cameras were not there for 15 minutes. They film for hours each day, then cut it down to 15 minutes for the show. And they are filming real trauma felt by real children, not fake trauma for a TV show. These kids were watching their dad go to prison, and now it is broadcast for the WHOLE world to see and be entertained by. At best, its warped and exploited. At worst, it really is a form of child abuse.

I absolutely agree with you.  How is watching young children weep for their father, who is going to PRISON for 4 years supposed to be entertainment??  I really don't get that.   

• Love 3

Joe and Tre are a pair of criminals. Full stop. They were brazen enough to go on television and still expected to be just fine. Unlike a lot of criminals, they have been able to milk Bravo for plenty of cash to keep on living a pretty lush life. They have always hustled their kids in front of the cameras...and there is no way Bravo was not going to film a teary going away to the big house scene. 

All of these folks are essentially trailer trash...though that is unfair to decent people who live in mobile homes. i have zero sympathy for criminals, especially these two, who seem to be in total denial of any guilt. I still want to know if Joe is deported after he finishes his sentence...if he were Latino, there would be no doubt of his departure.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

it was interesting to hear her father's experience about being a child during the Nazi occupation.  (I know a few survivors of camps and to hear them speak makes me wonder about their will to live on past the horrific experiences).  We are losing our eyewitnesses to an unbelievable time in history and their experiences do need to be told and retold for future generations.

THIS!!

28 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

I still want to know if Joe is deported after he finishes his sentence...if he were Latino, there would be no doubt of his departure.

Not anymore!

• Love 3

Does anyone else think its a little tacky to have a "Going Away" party when you're going up the river? I understand wanting to see people, but I would think you would say some quiet goodbyes and then just go.

It sounds like it was something Joe wanted, and it looked like fun. (I think once you're headed to the pokey, the notion of "tacky" becomes moot :) ) I thought it was interesting to see the Gorga boy - Joey? - hang on Juicy. I've not really seen the Gorga kids interact with Zio Joe much, and I think he's Antonia's godfather. So, that scene was nice to see. 

Where does the show go from here after such a dark turn, though? The big storyline for this season has been Teresa returns from camp, and Joe prepares for his own time away. (Is Bravo preparing a series of "Joe checks in" specials, btw?)

• Love 9

Sigmonster is the type who when you have lost your entire family would at the funeral monopolize your time telling how you should feel, lecture you in the stages of grief and then tell you how she understands what you're going through as she tells you about everyone she's ever lost and how it affected her.

• Love 8
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 10:37 PM, archer1267 said:

Melissa wearing that Envy cap was a nice way to promote her biz AND give Joe a sympathetic send-off at the same time. I guess she had to do something, as her "social media director" is clueless.

Now that Jacqueline's now on the outs with the two OGs, I hope this doesn't mean more on-camera time with the Wakiles. Richie reminded me of why I haven't missed him at all.

If you're referring to Teresa and Melissa, Melissa's not an OG.  Jacqueline is.

• Love 1

I could never open up my life for a reality show- not for any amount of money. However, I read something that gave a different spin on the Giudice's filming before Joe left. Apparently, the women on the shows get quite close to their individual camera and production crews. The footage of Teresa and Joe and their kids was mostly filmed with iPhones to allow the semblance of a bit more privacy. One particular producer said they were up for 48 hours and spent that whole time with the family and their hearts were breaking for the girls. They took them to soccer practice and Starbucks and tried to comfort them as best they could. 

Im not making excuses for what Teresa and Joe have done, or their decision to allow cameras into their lives. Honestly I never really thought about the possibility that the cast would grow very close to the crew. 

• Love 13

I could never open up my life for a reality show- not for any amount of money. However, I read something that gave a different spin on the Giudice's filming before Joe left. Apparently, the women on the shows get quite close to their individual camera and production crews. The footage of Teresa and Joe and their kids was mostly filmed with iPhones to allow the semblance of a bit more privacy. One particular producer said they were up for 48 hours and spent that whole time with the family and their hearts were breaking for the girls. They took them to soccer practice and Starbucks and tried to comfort them as best they could. 

Im not making excuses for what Teresa and Joe have done, or their decision to allow cameras into their lives. Honestly I never really thought about the possibility that the cast would grow very close to the crew. 

This same claim has been made by every single reality star who chooses to exploit their kids on camera for money since the beginning of the reality genre. Even if the kids like the camera people, its still exploitation. Its still letting their kids cry on camera for the whole entire world to view as entertainment. Kate Gosselin made this exact same claim.

I wonder if Teresa has production lights in the house like Jon and Kate Gosselin did. Kate's neighbors used to say the house was lit up like the sun.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SoCal4Us said:

"Their opinions of me and made up lies don't mean anything to me or affect my life in any way. Either way, I'm still winning! My light is bright and shining stronger than ever! Life is good over here! I'm happy!"

Winning??????? Now she's subscribing to the philosophy of that paragon of normal behavior, Charlie Sheen? Oh Jackie, STFU before you embarrass yourself further. And don't choke on those sour grapes.

• Love 5

Jaq is such a blockhead. She really seems stunted emotionally. I cannot stand her. One thing that did stand out to me from reading her dumb blog is something a wise person told me long ago. When having a disagreement with someone, never discuss it with someone else. Long after the feud is settled your words can come back to haunt you. People will remember what you said long after the original beef has been forgotten. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

"Their opinions of me and made up lies don't mean anything to me or affect my life in any way. Either way, I'm still winning! My light is bright and shining stronger than ever! Life is good over here! I'm happy!"

Winning??????? Now she's subscribing to the philosophy of that paragon of normal behavior, Charlie Sheen? Oh Jackie, STFU before you embarrass yourself further. And don't choke on those sour grapes.

Goofy Bitch. The only reason Chris doesn't divorce her ass or commit her is Nicholas. She's there to baby sit.

• Love 4

Pretty disappointed with Bravo. People leave children and go to prison probably everyday. Why are they exploiting this particular situation for "good tv"?? Giving them a hefty paycheck? I feel no sympathy for these people. Money corrupts and this is a prime example of that. They weren't trying to keep up with the Joneses, they were trying to BE the Joneses. They were caught & they are regular people who cannot run from the law. No sympathy! Instead I'm disgusted seeing how devastated their children are - how could you do that to your kids? Disgusting.

WTF @ Teresa in full make up going to bed lol... this is not real life...

Edited by tumamita
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, tumamita said:

Pretty disappointed with Bravo.

This kind of thing is what they do.  Standard stuff imo.  RHoNJ has been chronicling Teresa's life and family for 7 seasons, why stop now?  It's not like everybody doesn't know what's happening.  So they show the kids being sad.  To me there's nothing wrong with that.  It's a sad situation and wouldn't be made any better by hiding it and attaching more shame to it.  The silver lining is that Teresa is closer now with Melissa and her brother than at any time since the show started.  Teresa texted "love you" to Melissa when she left to drop Joe off and Melissa seemed very moved by that.  When the going gets tough looks like the family sticks together, it's kinda nice the way they're supporting each other. 

I wonder when Caroline Manzo is going to do a TH cameo where she does the "told ya so" dance.

• Love 6

That shit was hard to watch.  Y'all, I'm gonna miss JoeGu's presence on the show in a weird sort of way!

Bravo, stop trying to make Kathy and Rosie (and especially Richie) happen. 

Shut up, Ashlee.

Shut up, Siggy.

The more Chris Laurita becomes involved in this show, the less I like him. 

That is all. 

• Love 12

I've been following this forum for ages and have never posted a comment. However, I HAD to sign up so I could post something after Jacqueline's disgusting remark regarding Ashlee giving birth. What woman would say that to her daughter?! To top it off, at the announcement of the pregnancy, she screams out, "Glamma!"  Of course, Jacqueline would make it about herself. As a Mom and Grandmother, I was more concerned with my daughter and grandchild, and their health, than with my own "glamorous" image.  I can't imagine how she can be so crass.

I think Jack is trying hard to be extra vile this season so she can stay relevant, and it's making all the other HWs look good in comparison. I picture her sitting in that big, ugly house all day, gossipping on the phone for hours, and only going out for appointments for hair, injections, etc. Also, the bowling alley scene with that motley crew should have been left on the cutting room floor. I can remember going bowling in high school and doing the silly antics they were doing, but I don't enjoy watching out of shape 50 year olds do it, thinking it looks cute.

I have a grandson with autism, and while I know some people think it would be exploitation, I would love to see some scenes with little Nicholas, focusing on the techniques they use with him and the progress he's making. It might bring more awareness to the challenges children and parents face, educating people and perhaps encouraging more people to go into the field or help in some way. Now that might be helpful to the autism community, not the paltry amount that might trickle down from popcorn sales. I'm sure some creative accountant will make sure the Lauritas get plenty off the top, and the lion's share of any profits.

All I can say is that this show has taken a real turn this season. When the Giudices come off as the classy ones, I've got to think either it's time to quit watching, or I'm just losing it.

• Love 8

Actually Addie, I'm watching a really old season of Atlanta. Where Kim Zolciak has just met Kroy and married. I think it's 2011, so 5 years ago. 2 things relevant to NJ: Nene's son Bryson fathers a child in the next season, Nene makes a big deal of being a 'Glamma' as opposed to the usual. Jac makes this sound like something she devised. And allso in this season, Cynthia is wearing a tshirt with "I act like a lady but I think like a boss'. Sound familiar, Melissa? It's also the season where Greg and Nene have separated and Nene is the object of obsession of a New York Italian guy who she met through Celebrity Apprentice. This guy keeps mimicking Nene's 'catchphrases' (or what he perceives as Nene's), it's embarrassing to the point of being offensive. I see a lot of that from the NJ wives. Not an original thought or style idea between them and so much borrowed blatantly from African American urban culture and copied really badly.

I've already commented on this episode on Jac's appalling 'advice' to her pregnant daughter re natural birth. I had 2 home births and 2 other natural in hospital. My home birth midwife gave me some really good advice. She said 'when you're pregnant, EVERYONE is going to give you their opinion as if it is fact. You have to choose 1 or 2 people to listen to and just nod and smile at the rest'. This worked for me. Especially when my first child's grandmother told me that i needed to wash under my infant son's foreskin, because it 'gets dirty under there'. Luckily I asked my midwife and learned that the foreskin is ATTACHED to the penis for around 2 years! Can you imagine? What would that obnoxious botoxed blob know about anything 'natural' unless it's branded as such and she's paying a premium for it in some 'go to be seen' health food emporium? I'm not a fan of Ashlee and I'm not a fan of Jac's or any of the hos on this show anymore. I had hope for the Sigmunster, but she's becoming more shrill and irritating with every episode. 

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:50 AM, luckyroll3 said:

Theresa: Gabriella, do you want to say a prayer for daddy, too?     Gabriella: Nope.

Love her.  I'm wondering how long into her adulthood she'll wait before changing her name. 

Hee hee. Got to love Gabby for keeping it real!

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 11:22 AM, Kellyee said:

Does anyone else think its a little tacky to have a "Going Away" party when you're going up the river? I understand wanting to see people, but I would think you would say some quiet goodbyes and then just go.

I never really thought that. Maybe because I have a friend who did a stint (18 months iirc) in a minimum security prison for some financial-related crimes.  He's still an amazing, funny, smart, caring person - he just happened to do something dumb. So yeah, there was a "going away" party for him because he has a lot of friends who were going to miss him.  I'd also like to add that he's completely turned his life back around since he got out 5 years ago, so hopefully it will be the same for Juicy.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, queenjen said:

I see a lot of that from the NJ wives. Not an original thought or style idea between them

Not to mention...

Dolores's tagline this season: "I was raised Jersey strong. Nothing in this life can shake me."

Teresa's previous tagline: "I'm a Jersey girl.  No one can knock me down."

It's like the writers aren't even trying anymore. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, jaync said:

Neither does "Glamma".

I heard that term a long time ago. A friend of mine who became a grandma at 36 (over 10 years ago)  goes by "Glamma" b/c  she says she's way too young to be a grandma!  more power to her!!