Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

11 hours ago, DeLurker said:

Why do I suspect Trump will not warm up to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau?

Trudeau probably has bigger hands than the Orange Oaf has.  And better hair.  So no, there will be no love fest between the two.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

I'm pretty sure I heard KAC tell Chris Cumo, in response to Cuomo's statement that Putin has journalists killed, that, We do too!

It was breathtaking. I think I heard Chris gasp. 

That's some nasty spin.

I didn't see the interview, but I wouldn't be surprised if she said that. In the past, Donald has defended Putin's murdering of journalists by saying, "we kill people too." Which was not surprising since Donald is as ignorant as his supporters, but I find it more despicable coming from KAC because she presumably knows better.

11 minutes ago, izabella said:

Oh, he's pathetic, yes he is!  But, he's doing exactly what he's been doing all along.  Using his Tweets to distract from the bigger issue.  Of COURSE he wants to distract everyone from the intelligence briefings on Russian hacking that he's supposed to get today! 

I agree it's a distraction, but I don't think it's calculated, at least not on his part because he's not smart enough to understand that a distraction is needed. It's KAC or Spicer or Ivanka or someone who knows a distraction is needed so they say, "isn't it weird that people are saying Arnold did a better job than you did even though his ratings weren't as good?" and "huh, people are still harping on that popular vote thing," and then they hand him his phone and let his fragile ego take over.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 11

Kellyanne Conway was indignant on CNN this morning about the complicity between Russia and Trump and dared to make the claim "People are just trying to delegitimize Donald Trump's Presidency".

Did she forget the fact that Donald Trump did his very best to try to delegitimize the Presidency of Barack Obama for EIGHT LONG YEARS? Donald Trump's actions were based exclusively on the fact that Barack Obama is a black man, not a single thing more than that. Racism, bigotry and hatred for a black man as President was his only motivation. If anyone challenges the legitimacy of Trump's election, which they are not, it is based on the fact that he was pointedly in favor of Putin hacking any of Hillary Clinton's or John Podesta's email. He encouraged it which makes him look like an accomplice. He was very aware of what Russia was doing, but Trump would do or say anything to get votes.

As Representative Steny Hower (D) just stated on CNN. Imagine if Donald Trump had lost the election and there were allegations that the Russians had participated in the election with the intention of hurting Donald Trump and that Donald Trump had received 2.8 million more votes than Clinton, but the electoral college elected Hillary Clinton, what would Donald Trump's reaction have been? It would have far surpassed in terms of alleging fixed election, crookedness, bad procedure, and Russian involvement.

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 21

Because the news often read like a bad novel these days, lets's push the crazy further. Trump really wants the best of the best for his freaking wall, so he brings in Chinese contractors, because China has the best of the best, a wall that has been standing for centuries that can be seen from space. Of course, as he's used to looking to China for supplying his materials and manufacturing the products that carry his name, that would be nothing new.

So let's push the envelop further. Imagine China had taken a patent on the wall idea and Trump built one, without paying any royalties, of course. In my fictional scenario, this opens the door to China using any American patent/trademark without paying a dime on it. Who do you think would be the big winner in that scenario? 

In this fictional scenario, Trump has a business deal with China, where he's signing up all US patents and trademarks for use, with a percentage to him and his Ivanka's descendants for generations to come, and pretends to be antagonistic and to root for Russia, all the better to hide the economic shenanigans behind the scene.

I know this looks crazy at first glance, but can you honestly look me in the eye and tell me we haven't seen crazier recently? 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

Trudeau probably has bigger hands than the Orange Oaf has.  And better hair.  So no, there will be no love fest between the two.

Plus Trudeau is young, cute, hot and sexy. Donald lost all those things about 25 years ago. Too bad, so sad. You're old, fat, bloated, orange and have stupid hair. You're stupid, nearly illiterate, know nothing about foreign policy and are nothing more than a bully. So, suck it.

tean.gif

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 8

It's not calculated at all. You're right that he's not smart enough even for the "Look, Squirrel!" strategy, fishcakes. His narcissism demands he behave this way; he's in constant survival mode, desperately trying to patch the holes in the imaginary Trump he's constructed that he projects into the world. That false image is all he has, and as the occasional reporter, the intelligence community, and the public perception relentlessly tears into it, he must lash out and protect it. I know it sounds bizarre, but narcissists are bizarre. Unfortunately the nation is about to get a crash course in an incurable personality disorder. 

• Love 16
10 hours ago, Lana X said:

interesting that most Canadians don't like him. Just like in the UK, they do not care for the royal family. Like we do. 

funny how in other countries, citizens don't like their leaders as much as other countries like their leaders. If that makes sense 

wow that was a mouthful 

Trudeau is a polarizing figure here but he's pretty popular. Though that may just be me being in a Trudeau bubble. His win was essentially our version of Obama's win in 08. There was pretty big voter turnout to get Harper out and Trudeau in. Plus the Trudeau's are Canada's version of the Kennedys with less scandal.

He's been critical of Trump in the past so I have always worried about US & Canada relations since agent orange won. But Trudeau is also pretty measured and diplomatic so I think he'll try and work with it as best he can.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

How many times does Mexico have to tell the Orange Oaf that they're not paying for that fucking wall before he gets it into his head that they're not paying for that fucking wall?

3 hours ago, millennium said:

He is not trying to convince Mexico to pay for the wall.

He is trying to convince his supporters to pay for the wall based on another empty promise that Mexico will pay it back (someday, down the line, eventually, in the future)   And you know what?  They'll buy it. 

Of course, they'll buy it.  Just like they've bought everything else Coral Caligula has had to sell.  Too bad some of them don't realize that just because a person sits on a gold-gilded toilet, that same toilet receives human waste just like a porcelain or plastic one does.  But Coral Caligula has masterfully convinced some that his golden toilet is actually a throne instead of the bullshit (his) receptacle that it actually is.

For those having regrets now, I have to ask.  I ask this in all sincerity and with love.  Did you notice the black tie New Year's Eve bash (to which you would have never been invited) and how Coral Caligula's well-heeled guests roared with delight when he announced that he would be repealing the healthcare coverage that so many of you have come to rely on?  Did it occur to you that maybe the source of funds needed to build that wall (which Mexico ain't paying for) may come from your cut "entitlements?"  #FeelingUsedLikeA$2.00Ho  #FeelingLikeFloridaEvans: Damn!Damn!Damn!

I also like this for a Donald Drumpf thread:  Trump the Gollum - Subsisting on Precious Praise

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, Lunata said:

Plus Trudeau is young, cute, hot and sexy. Donald lost all those things about 25 years ago. Too bad, so sad. You're old, fat, bloated, orange and have stupid hair. You're stupid, nearly illiterate, know nothing about foreign policy and are nothing more than a bully. So, suck it.

tean.gif

Just my opinion, but he never had those particular qualities.

• Love 11

Yes I think trudeau's popularity has declined since he was elected, but he is still doing okay. The bigger concern here for me is the Trump effect. I feel like there is a watered down reflection happening here, where there are a couple conservative politicians (Kellie Leitch) stirring up similar anti-immigration sentiment and anger, and established conservatives trying to object. There was also some racist incidents in Toronto immediately after Trump's win, though I think it has stopped.

There is similar anger and discontent here just more muted. That is how Rob Ford got elected. 

Edited by cleo
  • Love 9

Weirdly ( ? ) KAC was on three networks at a the same time this morning while I was at the gym.  The TV's hang from the ceiling and didn't hear anything that was said but, I wish I would've heard her with Chris Cuomo.  He and Alyson actually do a good job.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, stormy said:

Weirdly ( ? ) KAC was on three networks at a the same time this morning while I was at the gym.  The TV's hang from the ceiling and didn't hear anything that was said but, I wish I would've heard her with Chris Cuomo.  He and Alyson actually do a good job.

Here's the Cuomo interview, if anyone is interested:

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Moose135 said:

We'll actually be going back to having death panels - those anonymous bean counters at the insurance companies who decide if your illness should be covered or if it costs too much and your coverage should be dropped.

Speaking frankly here, it would be a solution to the financial crisis of this country and leave more money in the country's treasury to be stolen by Trump and his band of destroyers. If the poor, sick, weak and needy just died, that would be one great solution for them. It all reminds me of a line from Charles Dickens 'Scrooge'.

Ebenezer Scrooge showed his cold-heartedness toward others by refusing to make a monetary donation for the good of the poor, claiming they are better off dead, thereby "decreasing the surplus population." Donald Trump has taken a page right out of Charles Dickens and built his life on this belief that if there were less poor, less sick, less hungry that they should just die and decrease the need to offer federal assistance. Ebenezer J. Trump in the flesh.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Lunata said:

This was just tweeted seconds ago. Donald Trump is officially at war with our 17 different intelligence agencies.

d2c5d3b8-a7da-41b7-af6e-15b4ae742f6a.png

....THE HELL?! 

i hope they tell him where to shove it

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Lunata said:

This was just tweeted seconds ago. Donald Trump is officially at war with our 17 different intelligence agencies.

What's even stupider is that Trumputin could have been briefed ANY time he wanted since the election, but chose not to be.  THAT is the story here! 

• Love 17

Looks like somebody follows WikiLeaks on Twitter.  

This "top secret intelligence shared with NBC"...is that just supposed to be the info. that was reported on last night, or is there supposed to be something bigger coming later?

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, izabella said:

What's even stupider is that Trumputin could have been briefed ANY time he wanted since the election, but chose not to be.  THAT is the story here! 

Maybe being briefed is too hard for him to comprehend

intel: there may be an attack planned on your hotel on inauguration day. we would prefer to have you somewhere else. in an undisclosed location

donald: but my name is on the building. I need to be there. 

Intel: sir. you may be under attack. you are now a target

Donald: nobody is going to attack me. they love me

Intel: no sir, that is not the case

Donald: get Kellyanne in here

Kellyanne: i am right here

Donald: what should i do?

Kellyanne: whatever you want, pumpkin

Donald: I think i'll stay here

Intel: ok sir. we warned you.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Lunata said:

Speaking frankly here, it would be a solution to the financial crisis of this country and leave more money in the country's treasury to be stolen by Trump and his band of destroyers. If the poor, sick, weak and needy just died, that would be one great solution for them. It all reminds me of a line from Charles Dickens 'Scrooge'.

Ebenezer Scrooge showed his cold-heartedness toward others by refusing to make a monetary donation for the good of the poor, claiming they are better off dead, thereby "decreasing the surplus population." Donald Trump has taken a page right out of Charles Dickens and built his life on this belief that if there were less poor, less sick, less hungry that they should just die and decrease the need to offer federal assistance. Ebenezer J. Trump in the flesh.

At least Scrooge was willing to admit his mistakes and change his ways in the end; The Orange-Tinted Turd never thinks he's wrong, no matter how wrong he is. 

By defending Julian Assange, Trump has hit yet another low, which doesn't surprise me. Contrary to the Pumpkin Prick's opinion, Assange is not only not a hero, he's a criminal, a coward and a fugitive who's currently hiding out at the Ecuadoran Embassy to avoid facing a rape charge in Sweden. Of course Trump would cover Assange's ass because if it wasn't for Assange-or Putin, for that matter-Trump probably wouldn't be President in the first place. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Pixel said:

I will never believe he wanted to be President. I believe his goal was 1) getting attention and adoration and 2)landing a new TV show, probably on Fox.  I think that's what he wanted, and now he's stuck with President.

Well, his oldest son, Uday, did indicate that the presidency was a step down for dear old dad.  It became clear to me that Drumpf didn't really want to be president when his insults against his GOP opponents became more outrageous over time.  It seemed he was hoping to be disqualified.  Unfortunately, his stans and the media lapped up every word that came from his putrid mouth.  That feeling for me was finally validated when his vile son-in-law started shopping a TrumpTV deal to potential investors in the last weeks of the campaign.  By then, Drumpf was a little pissed off with Faux News and he already had Roger Ailes (a/k/a Jabba the Hutt) in place.  He would have also relied on his built-in fanbase, whom he could have fed a steady diet of anti-Hillary vitriol for the next 4 years at least.  But, alas...it was not to be!

Some of us had even speculated that Joe Squinty Scarborough and his platinum haired scarf-wearing hench woman, Meeka, were angling to be on Drumpf's potential new network.  The visit to the Tower of Doom in September marked the beginning of a wholesale change in the way they covered Drumpf.  They previously tried to fake the funk and criticize him when the heat got too great in the kitchen.  But after September 2015, they were clearly in the tank for him and were probably "auditioning" for spots on the new network that Drumpf missed out on.  Now, they relish their roles as normalizers.  

Poor Drumpf...it must suck monkey butt to know you're in a job that you never really wanted all because your diehard stans (who rival Beyonce's "beehive") called your bluff.  If he weren't so vile, insipid, stupid, dangerous and woefully ignorant, I would almost feel sorry for him.  Almost.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

His timeline this morning is a frightening peek into the way his declining mind works. He scrambles up a lie about how Mexico is going to repay us for the wall, then starts crowing yet again about how he beat Hillary, pitifully begs people to come to his inauguration, brags that he's more popular than Arnold Schwarzenegger even though Arnold's a movie star, and namedrops Anna Wintour. What a transparently pathetic little man he is.

Does he think the USA can declare bankruptcy as he has done so many times? 

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

Just my opinion, but he never had those particular qualities.

Not just you.  Never been my cuppa and now he just repulses me.  Everything about him was, is and will be forever more, ugly and disgusting. 

• Love 9

Trump's not stupid or insane. He's completely focused on his own benefit--financial and/or personal--at all times and in all situations. This war with the intelligence agencies (16 +Office of DNI) is self protective. He is the only one who is saying it is being done to delegitimize his presidency.  (Just told the NYT that it is a "political witchhunt" being done for that purpose.)

Edited by Padma
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Padma said:

Who will be the first public figure--media or government--to come out and say that "It appears that Donald Trump is actively working with Vladimir Putin to undermine American democracy?"  You know that some in Washington have to be thinking it, especially after he and Assange are now also hooked up.  Who is going to say it?

I keep waiting for this, but so far, nothing.  If they aren't thinking it, they are naive.  I've noticed that news sources, and certainly McCain and crew, are all very, very careful to say it is absolutely clear that Russia hacked and put out propaganda, lies and fake news in order to get Trumputin elected, BUT they don't think it impacted the election results.  Well, I think they most certainly DID impact the results, and I think Trumputin's henchmen WERE involved, so I keep hoping someone, somewhere will leak something that proves it.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Padma said:

Trump's not stupid or insane. He's completely focused on his own benefit--financial and/or personal--at all times and in all situations.

I wouldn't describe him as stupid (meaning unintelligent), but I think he is *an idiot* because he has absolutely no foresight or insight. He does so many things that are contrary to his best interests and he doesn't even seem to notice, because he is oblivious and has zero impulse control.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Padma said:

Who will be the first public figure--media or government--to come out and say that "It appears that Donald Trump is actively working with Vladimir Putin to undermine American democracy?" 

Evan McMullin's coming pretty close.

• Love 9
Just now, ClareWalks said:

I wouldn't describe him as stupid (meaning unintelligent), but I think he is *an idiot* because he has absolutely no foresight or insight. He does so many things that are contrary to his best interests and he doesn't even seem to notice, because he is oblivious and has zero impulse control.

The thing is, nothing he has done has caused him any harm.  Has it?

• Love 2
Just now, izabella said:

IMO he has done massive damage to his brand, which is everything to him. Sure, he has zealous followers, but they don't have the kind of money to keep him afloat. He needed wider appeal and he lost whatever of it he had.

• Love 8
Just now, ClareWalks said:

IMO he has done massive damage to his brand, which is everything to him. Sure, he has zealous followers, but they don't have the kind of money to keep him afloat. He needed wider appeal and he lost whatever of it he had.

No problem.  He will have all kinds of opportunities for corruption and graft and bribes to help fill his coffers.  He even has an entire Goldman Sachs Cabinet to help him with his investments, and future insider trading.  He's going to clean up bigly.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, izabella said:

true. remember what he said??? he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and nobody would care. the dead person maybe, but other than that.....PFFT

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

The rest of the world thinks he's a joke too.  My dad who lives in Western Europe asks me all the time what the hell we were thinking when he got elected. 

1 hour ago, Lunata said:

d2c5d3b8-a7da-41b7-af6e-15b4ae742f6a.png

Holy crap,  it's happening even faster than I thought it would happen! 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I wouldn't describe him as stupid (meaning unintelligent), but I think he is *an idiot* because he has absolutely no foresight or insight.

I don't know what he used to be like, but right now he seems to be speeding through the early stages of dementia.

6 minutes ago, izabella said:

But he's not in office yet.

• Love 7

If anyone other than geeky me are watching the electoral votes being counted in the House of Representatives, there's been a couple of objections, one by Maxine Waters to the election of Donald Trump. Her objection was overruled by Joe Biden who is chairman of this session of the House because an objection will be denied unless there is one more signature on this objection letter, there wasn't. In addition to Maxine Waters there was another from a black woman from California which was denied. Right before the gavel was struck making Trump the official President, there were several people there shouting objections to the election results, They were physically removed by security.

As Maxine Waters stood up waving the petition asking for one U.S. Senator to join her in her letter of objection, Paul Ryan sitting on the dais behind Joe Biden suddenly burst into laughter. He's a snake too, maybe even worse than Trump.

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, Lunata said:

If anyone other than geeky me are watching the electoral votes being counted in the House of Representatives, there's been a couple of objections, one by Maxine Waters to the election of Donald Trump. Her objection was overruled by Joe Biden who is chairman of this session of the House because an objection will be denied unless there is one more signature on this objection letter, there wasn't. In addition to Maxine Waters there was another from a black woman from California which was denied. Right before the gavel was struck making Trump the official President, there were several people there shouting objections to the election results, They were physically removed by security.

As Maxine Waters stood up waving the petition asking for one U.S. Senator to join her in her letter of objection, Paul Ryan sitting on the dais behind Joe Biden suddenly burst into laughter. He's a snake too, maybe even worse than Trump.

Paul Ryan use to have a spine of some kind. wtf happened to him? :-/

• Love 4

From the NYT interview this morning. "They got beaten very badly in the election. I won more counties in the election than Ronald Reagan. They are very embarrassed about it."

Can't you just picture his flunkies combing through the election results trying to find any little scrap of data that supports his belief he had an amazing landslide?  "Look, Mr. President-Elect*! You won every city and town in America that starts with the letter V!!! No president in history has ever done that before! Incredible!"

*After all, he had that phony PEOTUS seal made for his spokesmen to stand in front of. You just -know- he's making everyone around him use the title, if not already outright calling him, "Mr. President".

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, izabella said:

No problem.  He will have all kinds of opportunities for corruption and graft and bribes to help fill his coffers.  He even has an entire Goldman Sachs Cabinet to help him with his investments, and future insider trading.  He's going to clean up bigly.

I think he actually does care about the adoration too. You see how it galls him when anybody criticizes him. 

• Love 10

Interesting in that NYT interview today how he still criticizes the intelligence on WMDs (although some of the flaws were because of pressure George Tenet was getting from the WH to confirm it.)

Will he ever be asked about the EARLIER failure?  It was because George Bush kept refusing his intelligence briefings throughout the summer that he failed to learn what they wanted to describe to him--al Queda's imminent plans to attack the U.S., very likely targeting the WTC.

Trump has refused ... what?... all but 3 of his daily briefings?  And despite the intelligence agencies releasing the letter about Russian in October, it's been 2 months after the election before he even, finally, agrees to talk with them about it--all the while, basically implying its a politically motivated lie.

How is this not making our country just as vulnerable as we were on 9/11--maybe more so?  What do terrorists think about a president who refuses to get intelligence briefings--or to believe what they tell him when he DOES get them?

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Padma said:

How is this not making our country just as vulnerable as we were on 9/11--maybe more so?  What do terrorists think about a president who refuses to get intelligence briefings--or to believe what they tell him when he DOES get them?

More importantly, what do potential allies think? Nobody's going to risk anything to pass info to the US that would protect us when they know the president will ignore it or deny it. Or maybe even out them for it depending on how much he dislikes it. 

• Love 7