Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

10 hours ago, Hooper said:

Well, to be fair, these aren't the only reasons many people were opposed to her.  There's also " 'member that time her husband got a blow job?"  And more recently, "member that time she got sick for a day?"

Don't forget she has cankles.

• Love 21

I'm glad I live in a major west coast city, as it increases my chances of dying in the blast. Better to be here one minute and a shadow on the sidewalk the next, rather than to linger on for months dying of radiation poisoning.

I've seen mention somewhere on one of these threads that the 1983 made-for-tee-vee movie The Day After should be required viewing for everyone.  Not disputing that, but for a really really horrific and probably pretty realistic vision of nuclear MADness, nothing tops Testament which came out in theaters the same year and underscores Fishcakes's point brilliantly.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Lunata said:

Why aren't Trump supporters getting even a little bit nervous?  I don't get it.

I think they can't imagine anybody seeing Trump in a way other than they do. They brush off whatever they want as a joke (like how he's going to take away your healthcare), therefore the paranoid dictator will do--or else, remember, this is their idea of being "tough" like Putin scaring Angela Merkel with his dog so people are going to actually be scared by this stuff in a way that makes them behave.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 2

If Obama's purpose was to (falsely, per Trump) use the leaked info to make Trump look like a Russian puppet, the best strategic time to do it would have been during the election.

Instead, Obama pretty much sat on it until after the election. Because he didn't want to be accused of trying to throw it to Hillary.

Trump is daily creating an alternate reality where he truly CAN get millions of people to believe whacked out conspiracy theories of his own making rather than the work of 17 intelligence agencies and the reporting of the most responsible and professional press in the country. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

I will just bet that Trump is obsessed with those "Retweets" and "Likes" numbers on his tweets.

For him its not so much about what he says. It's all about the attention and validation he derives (and craves) from those numbers. I swear, he is playing a game with himself. Betting he can up those numbers like a video game. As in, 'wow, every time I mention North Korea I get a few hundred more Likes but when I mention China the numbers go out the roof. Let me see if I can top the number of Likes from yesterday's tweet. "

Fucking mad man. Make that fucking man child. 

Does he forget how many of those re-tweeters  are people he pays to like him?  

There has been some evidence that many of them are the same people.

It's just like when he descended the escalator to announce his candidacy, and said "look at this crowd!" And it turned out there had been a casting call for actors to show up. They were paid to be there.

Recently I've been wondering if maybe someone else is doing this, and he really is unaware.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Hooper said:

Well, to be fair, these aren't the only reasons many people were opposed to her.  There's also " 'member that time her husband got a blow job?"  And more recently, "member that time she got sick for a day?"

Not to mention the fact that "She and Obama are demons that smell like sulfur!  How do I know this?  Because my pastor, the Right Reverend Pimp-in-the-Pulpit, SAID so and actually had an exorcism service at the altar to rid us of this...this...pestilence!"

Oh, and don't forget "pizzagate" related to the "child sex ring she and Podesta were running out of a pizza parlor in Washington, D.C.!"  

After the hair-on-fire shrieking for months about Hillary's foundation, now, some of these same fools are expressing their "regrets" because they actually voted for someone who is unethical and corrupt.  Never mind that neither Drumpf nor his grasping, social-climbing fambly ever hid their corruption.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Hooper said:

I've seen mention somewhere on one of these threads that the 1983 made-for-tee-vee movie The Day After should be required viewing for everyone.  Not disputing that, but for a really really horrific and probably pretty realistic vision of nuclear MADness, nothing tops Testament which came out in theaters the same year and underscores Fishcakes's point brilliantly.

Jane Alexander was brilliant in Testament.

• Love 5

Don't kids have to read "Hiroshima" in high school anymore?  Maybe someone should read that to Trumputin when they put him to bed.  It can give him the nightmares it gave me, and maybe he won't be so quick to play war games.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Hooper said:

And, damn it, the woman doesn't know how to smile right.  

2 hours ago, random chance said:

Me either, but every time I look at the replies on his crazyass tweets they're full of crap like this:  "Oh is the sensitive little #snowflake #triggered do you need a #safespace." Yeah we're all gonna need a safe space soon, buttercup.

God yes, I need time to run out for cigarettes and gin. Although once he's in office I suppose I might as well go ahead and buy them.

Ahaha happy new year indeed.

Yes, yes, I would like a safe space from the nukes this assclown is daring his fellow unstable assclown to send our way.  But, hey, Trump voters, you go ahead and eschew safe spaces.  God speed.  

2 hours ago, Pixel said:

I live 30 miles south of Chicago. What are the odds Chicago will be a major target?  I'm hoping for a quick death.

I was going to type almost exactly the same thing (except I'm more like 40 miles southwest of Chicago).  

• Love 7
On 1/1/2017 at 11:40 PM, NinjaPenguins said:

He probably thinks he's doing them a favor, KerleyQ. I have to admit, small and petty though it may be, Orange's low-rent inauguration is one of the few things that make me happy. Talk about being told no one likes you on a grand and very public scale. 

If a natural disaster happens on Inauguration Day, even better. An act of God ruining the Pumpkin Prick's coronation (and his hair) would be classic. 

Can you imagine what JKRowling would have done with a HP character based on Kellyanne Conway?

KAC does kind of remind me of Beatrix Lestrange with a bad dye job, a better wardrobe and without the personality. Still BSC, though. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, izabella said:

Don't kids have to read "Hiroshima" in high school anymore?  Maybe someone should read that to Trumputin when they put him to bed.  It can give him the nightmares it gave me, and maybe he won't be so quick to play war games.

Please! If the Texas Board of Education's attempts to rewrite the history of slavery is any indication, it probably won't matter if the history of Hiroshima is taught in schools.  Evidently, the slave trade was described as "millions of workers" being brought across the Atlantic to work on plantations, after which they were treated horribly and a war was fought to free them.  This, as opposed to the forced migration of Africans by the Dutch, the English, the Spaniards, etc. to the Americas.  Never mind that these Africans were chained so closely together that they couldn't move.  Never mind that some jumped overboard to their deaths in shark-infested waters rather than come to the Americas as "workers."  Never mind that half of them died and were thrown overboard.  Never mind that they were forced to work in intolerable conditions, were raped, and otherwise dehumanized.  Never mind that their dehuminization was codified into the laws of several states, where even the movements of slaves were controlled.  Never mind that they had no agency over their own bodies.  Maybe, I should just be relieved that the middle passage wasn't referred to as a cruise that went horribly wrong.  Fortunately, a student and his mother caught that bit of foolery in his high school geography book.  Several states, including Texas and Virginia, have also tried to downplay the role of slavery in the Civil War, indicating that it was a "side issue."  Never mind that several Confederacy states, including Virginia, made it very clear in their own states' constitutions that they wanted the right to own other human beings and that they were seceding from the Union because of that "right."

But, yes, according to some revisionists, slavery had an "upside."  You know--the importance of family (despite folks being sold off at a moment's  notice), the Christian church (despite slave owners selectively using Bible passages to keep their "workers" enslaved), and community dances.

There has been a concerted effort to downplay the horrors of the Holocaust (including outright denying it happened), particularly as the victims of that generation die off.  There have also been efforts to misinform school children about the horrors of other events that certain Americans refuse to confront or acknowledge.  Check out Oklahoma's efforts to get rid of AP courses because they don't teach American exceptionalism (or their version thereof).  Check out the tricks of obfuscation when discussing the so-called alt-right, which are nothing more than glorified white supremacists, as embodied by the likes of Steve Bannon and Richard Spencer.  Given the wholesale attempt by Drumpf's apologists to get the sane among us to accept that we now life in a "post-truth" society, look for attempts to paint the "happy side" of fascism, as well as trying to frame something positive about Hiroshima and other such events (population control perhaps?).

Edited by MulletorHater
Replacing population for popular
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

If a natural disaster happens on Inauguration Day, even better. An act of God ruining the Pumpkin Prick's coronation (and his hair) would be classic. 

Like,  let's say,  a good old-fashioned Nor'Easter? 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DollEyes said:

37 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Or, let's say, a good old-fashioned bolt of lightning?

• Love 16
18 hours ago, Duke Silver said:

***This is a pure opinion piece, and even the author plainly acknowledges he is speculating, but does anyone disagree with the conclusion?***

Trump's Poor. And Putin knows it.

Great piece. Trump is cash poor and integrity poor. All the bragging and chest thumping doesn't mean a damn thing.

• Love 13

I thought we all knew Trump was somewhat poor. or struggling. One of the top 'The apprentice" producers even said the reason they gave him the show was because his business was struggling and he needed the money. I'll have to find that interview now, but it did come out a few weeks ago

Edited by Lana X
  • Love 4

Although I can certainly see the appeal, I'm not rooting for any sort of natural disaster on the day of the coup.   I'm hoping for beautiful clear skies and balmy 60 degree temperatures.   And that there are like 2000 people in attendance, half of whom are wearing orange t-shirts that say "I'm with stupid".   And I want every news organization on the planet to display side by side photos of the sunny empty mall and photos of the 1.5 million-ish people celebrating President Obama's 2009 inauguration in sub freezing temperatures.  I'm hoping that the six Rockettes who, for whatever reason, felt compelled to perform do so wearing hijabs.   I'm hoping the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings a medley that includes* Dylan's Masters of War, CCR's Bad Moon Rising, and Public Enemy's Fight the Power.  And I don't care what that other guy who's performing sings.

* You young 'uns feel free to add appropriate songs that were written since my childhood/young adulthood.

Edited by Hooper
I still like my original choice of Fortunate Son, but Bad Moon says it all
  • Love 20
47 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Or, let's say, a good old-fashioned bolt of lightning?

I'd be happy with a blizzard the size of the one in "The Day After Tomorrow".  And all the fools standing outside waiting to hear their new PuppetTsar speak words of wisdom to them end up as Trumpsicles. 

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, Lana X said:

I thought we all knew Trump was somewhat poor. or struggling. One of the top 'The apprentice" producers even said the reason they gave him the show was because his business was struggling and he needed the money. I'll have to find that interview now, but it did come out a few weeks ago

That'd be a nice twist, but I don't think so. I've read so many times that Mark Burnett got to know Trump while doing the finale for "Survivor", when he needed to rent (Trump's) Wollman Rink to remake it as a jungle. He'd been thinking of the Apprentice idea having rotating businessmen each season and asked Trump if he'd like to be the first. He was so good at it that they kept him. (If only he'd kept his day job. I wouldn't mind watching him in another season of "Celebrity Apprentice".  He was obnoxious on it, but entertainingly so--and it was a game show. )

• Love 1

Hmm.  Not really sure where this discussion belongs, but I went looking for the ratings for last night's Celebrity Apprentice, and saw this: ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Ties Ratings Low With New Host, Topped By ‘The Bachelor’.

Now, many of the headlines online are saying that the ratings fell because Trump is no longer participating in the show, but I like to think that people intentionally didn't watch precisely because of his past involvement.

• Love 11

I didn't even know it started yesterday.  Did Trump tweet about it? I heard nothing on the media.  I wonder if, as with Martha Stewart, he doesn't want another host to be more successful at it than he was and plans to do nothing to help.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

Now, many of the headlines online are saying that the ratings fell because Trump is no longer participating in the show, but I like to think that people intentionally didn't watch precisely because of his past involvement.

I quit watching the show a few years ago because Donald was becoming increasingly intolerable and the celebrity version of the show is boring af, but I was kind of torn about watching the new season. On the one hand, I want Arnold's version to be far more successful than Donald's version and to finally win an Emmy so that Donald will eat his own liver. On the other hand, Donald is still an Executive Producer and therefore making money on the show, so I want it to fail. In the end, I watched the first twenty minutes, realized it was still boring and switched to something else. Life is too short for me to watch an infomercial for Tyra Banks's makeup line.

ETA Breaking News: Trump Hires Reject From Hot Dog on a Stick.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Lana X said:

I thought we all knew Drumpf was somewhat poor. or struggling. One of the top 'The apprentice" producers even said the reason they gave him the show was because his business was struggling and he needed the money. I'll have to find that interview now, but it did come out a few weeks ago

Lawrence O'Donnell is the absolute best resource with regard to how "not rich" Twitler really is.  L'OD did a great show after that one page of Twitler's taxes were released, the one that showed us the almost $1B of net tax loss carry-forwards Twitler has had to work with for the past 18 years in showing why Twitler never paid any federal income taxes.  

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watch/the-most-important-line-on-trump-s-tax-return-778561603723

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

Hmm.  Not really sure where this discussion belongs, but I went looking for the ratings for last night's Celebrity Apprentice, and saw this: ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Ties Ratings Low With New Host, Topped By ‘The Bachelor’.

To me Arnold and his ego is just as bad as Trump. I never watched the show and that won't change with Arnold in charge.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, rcc said:

To me Arnold and his ego is just as bad as Trump. I never watched the show and that won't change with Arnold in charge.

I did watch the first season of The Apprentice but ignored the latter seasons. However, I did like Martha Stewart's version of The Apprentice, but then again, I am Martha Stewart's bitch.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I changed my mind, I just want it to be super windy so that his hair is a enormous mess and all the pictures suck. We all know how vain he is about pictures, I want them to be as awful as possible.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I changed my mind, I just want it to be super windy so that his hair is a enormous mess and all the pictures suck. We all know how vain he is about pictures, I want them to be as awful as possible.

And may all of the photographers there capture him from his worst angles (wait, is there a "good" angle on that orange mess?). 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Bookish Jen said:

I did watch the first season of The Apprentice but ignored the latter seasons. However, I did like Martha Stewart's version of The Apprentice, but then again, I am Martha Stewart's bitch.

She'd be a much better president too, no doubt. 

• Love 7

I (hate) watched part of one season of the Apprentice. It was the season with Kate Gosselin because I hate hate hate her. Yeah, I know, but I guess that's why they call it hate-watching. Anyhoo, Trump didn't seem to do enough to be deemed a "star" imo. The appeal of the whole thing is a mystery to me. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Hooper said:

Although I can certainly see the appeal, I'm not rooting for any sort of natural disaster on the day of the coup.   I'm hoping for beautiful clear skies and balmy 60 degree temperatures.   And that there are like 2000 people in attendance, half of whom are wearing orange t-shirts that say "I'm with stupid".   And I want every news organization on the planet to display side by side photos of the sunny empty mall and photos of the 1.5 million-ish people celebrating President Obama's 2009 inauguration in sub freezing temperatures.  I'm hoping that the six Rockettes who, for whatever reason, felt compelled to perform do so wearing hijabs.   I'm hoping the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings a medley that includes* Dylan's Masters of War, CCR's Bad Moon Rising, and Public Enemy's Fight the Power.  And I don't care what that other guy who's performing sings.

* You young 'uns feel free to add appropriate songs that were written since my childhood/young adulthood.

I like the classics.

Fortunate Son – Creedence Clearwater Revival

Land of Confusion – Genesis/Disturbed

For What it’s Worth – Buffalo Springfield

Imagine -- John Lennon

The Sound of Silence -- Simon and Garfunkel/Disturbed

Edited by SpencerHawk
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, navelgazer said:

Lawrence O'Donnell is the absolute best resource with regard to how "not rich" Twitler really is.  L'OD did a great show after that one page of Twitler's taxes were released, the one that showed us the almost $1B of net tax loss carry-forwards Twitler has had to work with for the past 18 years in showing why Twitler never paid any federal income taxes.  

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watch/the-most-important-line-on-trump-s-tax-return-778561603723

Yes, Lawrence O'Donnell has been saying for several years now, that Trump isn't as rich as he'd have people believe.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, fishcakes said:

On the one hand, I want Arnold's version to be far more successful than Donald's version and to finally win an Emmy so that Donald will eat his own liver. On the other hand, Donald is still an Executive Producer and therefore making money on the show, so I want it to fail.

This has been my conundrum when it comes to this season. I've never watched the show but I was, at first, rooting for its success to stick it to Trump. But when I found out he's still a producer, I didn't want him to continue to profit from it. Unfortunately, either way, he wins. If it fails, he can crow about no one wanting to watch without him. But if it succeeds, like I said, he profits.

• Love 3

"Executive producing" a new Celeb Apprentice was a smart move for DT.  If it's popular, it's because he's The Best and everything he touches turns to gold.  If it tanks, it's because he's The Best and no one else can fill his shoes.

I think the ratings were low because the majority of Americans find anything associated with the man repugnant and disgusting.  I have the same lack of respect for anyone appearing on that shitshow as for anyone performing at the inauguration. 

I guess I'll head over to the What Now? thread to see if there's anything about the Repub secret meeting during the night on Day One and voting to gut the Office of Government Ethics:   No longer allowed to investigate anonymous tips, no longer allowed to release any reports to the public?!?!

For the purposes of this thread, it's fascinating that Kellyanne Conway was her usual eye-rolling "obviously" self on Good Morning America, insisting that this move was perfectly sensible--and then DT torpedoed her, tweeting the exact opposite.  What the fuck is going on with these people??  Either KAC doesn't think she needs to check with the boss anymore or someone else got to DT after she left for the studio and T-whispered him into a 180 degree reversal.  (Or maybe KAC just naturally assumed the less ethical scrutiny, the better.)

• Love 6

For the purposes of this thread, it's fascinating that Kellyanne Conway was her usual eye-rolling "obviously" self on Good Morning America, insisting that this move was perfectly sensible--and then DT torpedoed her, tweeting the exact opposite.  What the fuck is going on with these people??  Either KAC doesn't think she needs to check with the boss anymore or someone else got to DT after she left for the studio and T-whispered him into a 180 degree reversal.  (Or maybe KAC just naturally assumed the less ethical scrutiny, the better.)

It entertains me immensely when Dump shits all over his own adviser's efforts to smooth over the things he says.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, candall said:

I'm guessing that what she said represented his stance up until his people found out that Congress was going to pull back because of the volume of calls that flooded in opposing it.  Then he made sure he got his opposition in on the record before they announced they were scrapping it, so he could take a victory lap over yet another thing he had nothing to do with.  

• Love 13

i dont think Donald or his team really communicate. i mean, MiKe Pence wasnt bothered over the hamilton thing at all, but Donald was demanding apologies and saying how rude they were. it was pretty weird, but hilarious. they are all on different wave lengths.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, Lana X said:

i dont think Donald or his team really communicate. i mean, MiKe Pence wasnt bothered over the hamilton thing at all, but Donald was demanding apologies and saying how rude they were. it was pretty weird, but hilarious. they are all on different wave lengths.

The thing is, it doesn't matter. KA's job is just to go on a show and act like the reporters are being silly and it's nothing. If Trump Tweets something different later who cares? She's not on TV then. Her "it's fine and you're the one being weird" still stands.

So I see Trump's now putting "Intelligence" is scare quotes to let us know how dumb the IC is. I notice his release of his "tax returns" and the erasure of his "personal conflicts" have been delayed until "hell freezes over." Very strange.

Obviously they don't really need the time to build a case. They've been doing that for months and Trump won't believe anything they say anyway.

• Love 14

wall: when the hell am I going up??!!! 

World: ummm.....

Mexico: dont look at me!!!

USA: nuh uh!!!

Russia: hmmmm

North Korea: wonder if we can get a missile over that thing

• Love 6
1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

I'm guessing that what she said represented his stance up until his people found out that Congress was going to pull back because of the volume of calls that flooded in opposing it.  Then he made sure he got his opposition in on the record before they announced they were scrapping it, so he could take a victory lap over yet another thing he had nothing to do with.  

Oh.  Right.

• Love 4