To leave office via impeachment or resignation before end of 1st term

2/1

NOT to be re-elected as President in 2020

4/7

Obama still to be sitting President on Feb 1 2017

10/1

Nigel Farage to be next UK Ambassador to the US

7/1

I was thinking to put some money down on the first one.  $100?  No, $200!  No, $500!!!  Unfortunately, it turns out US citizens aren't allowed to wager on that website.  : (   Too bad--the odds on this are only going to get shorter with time.  For once, I really thought I was going to get in on the ground floor of a "sure bet."

Edited by candall
  • Love 4

Polling goes on.  59% of Americans say trump doesn't have a mandate.

On John King's CNN show this morning, his panelists say trump knows this.  Or a least his "inner circle" does.

Wrong and wrong.

One of the panelists says trump must get in front of cameras, have a news conference and unite the country.

This a laughable.  Even if he did have a news conference he has no ability or knowledge on how to unite a country where, besides, the majority of people hate him and didn't vote for him.

• Love 18

Do you guys actually follow him on Twitter?

I do. I started following him years back when he had his massive hissy fit with the writer from Modern Family.  I never cared for him but having followed him long before he was a candidate definite shaped my opinion of him, a total asshole. LOL, a man in his 60s tweeting that the Twilight actor should dump the Twilight actress because she cheated on him (hello - pot meet kettle) over and over. It was so bizarre. I kept following him because of the "whacko" factor, many of his tweets were so strange or like a child having a tantrum that it was entertaining. That was then, this is now and now its scary given the power he's about to have.

ETA: CBS News - Donald Trump rages against Hillary Clinton team over recount efforts in Wisconsin

I wonder if something else about him is about to come out so he's blasting this to take the convo off him. Maybe this:

Potential Conflicts Around the Globe for Trump, the Businessman President

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Jediknight said:

All of them have to be approved by the Senate.

The Secretary of Education Trump chose is a believer in vouchers, we thought he couldn't have had a worse choice, we were wrong.

Yes, and her brother (and she) have publicly indicated that they believe relaxation of child labor laws is a good idea, because "kids would find mining 'exciting'."

This assemblage of despicables tRump is putting together to run the country is straight out of Theodore Dreiser. Where the fuck is Teddy Roosevelt? Hell! Paging Teddy Rex and Teddy Kennedy. Stat. Fuck me sideways, but they're trying to turn this country back to the Gilded Age. Only problem is that the only folks that got to enjoy that era were fat, self-serving and greedy pond scum like tRump.

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, Duke Silver said:

LMFAO..."Dolores Umbridge of DC," hahahahaha

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/status/802917146124660736

5thjFVl.png

Seriously?  Is this supposed to provide reassurance to the American people?  Could she be a little more forthcoming as to who might be providing this much needed intel because with Trump it could be anyone from Putin, Farage or the ghost of Miss Cleo.  Not so comforting Dolores!

• Love 12

That her and cohorts knew those emails were a problem and were looking for ways to get rid of them.

The only people - and I use the term "people" very loosely here - that had any "problem" with those fucking emails were the rethugs. Both Kindasleaza Rice and Powell used private emal servers. Powell advised, actually urged, Mrs. Clinton to do the same. Not a single, fucking Democrat ever so much as whimpered about 'private' email use by Powell or his staff in the State Department. The emails would have never amounted to hill of beans except for political hackery by a bunch of puffed up, pompous pinhead rethugs. I'm looking at you, Chaffetz, you POS. The idea that this issue was the one that propelled tRump to victory is just so much horseshit. I'll concede that the people looking to cover their ass with a plausible denial argument, i.e., "it was the emails and Comey's 'investigation'", is craven crap. These people (if these people even honestly existed) were rethugs through and through. They'd never so much as THINK of voting against their party, even it meant voting for Adolf Hitler. Which they fucking DID! The emails were only a convenient excuse by a bunch of "got mine, gonna take yours too", selfish, entitled, comfortable white 'burb pod people and their knuckledragging bigoted, racist, misogynistic kith and kin. Fuck them all.

• Love 20
15 hours ago, PrincessEnnui said:

I'm mad. Cary Elwes got into a twitter fight with Trump and got blocked by him and his tiny hands and no one here mentioned it. But what makes me angrier is y'all not using nickname Elwes gave him. Prince Trumperdink. Elwes will go down in history for that.

When I read this I got mad at myself, because I just realized I wasn't already following Cary Elwes on Twitter.  

15 hours ago, Jediknight said:

Another example of why Romney has no shot at SoS - Trumperdink is going to give all the posts to people who kissed his ass during the campaign, and the less qualified for the spot, the better.  Romney definitely did not kiss his ass, and, my disagreement with his politics aside, he would actually be qualified for the job.  So it's never happening. 

15 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

I wonder how many of his cult members have already convinced themselves that those letters were written by some secret Clinton operative trying to make him look bad (while simultaneously thinking it doesn't make him look bad because they completely agree with the letter writer).  

14 hours ago, windsprints said:

djt.JPG

Self awareness is really not his strong suit. 

14 hours ago, Padma said:

I wish I'd saved all that time. Having watched The Apprentice off and on and seen his likeability now and again, it took me a while to realize just how awful he is. But...I may have been slow... but right with y'all now! He is despicable and repulsive. It sickens me to think of him sitting in the room where Lincoln led our country through war. Or defacing JFK's desk with his sweat and spilled Diet Cokes (of course, he'll probably not use any of the WH furniture when he can get the cheap fake Louis-XIV stuff that someone has spray painted gold for him).

I swear, if he paints JFK's desk that crappy cheap gold... 

13 hours ago, Duke Silver said:

Any chance Comedy Central can get a show together for Keith to take the 11:30 time slot after The Daily Show?  We're going to need him to get through the next four years.  

5 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

This is despicable and unacceptable. There is no excuse and drumpf should make a serious statement about it. I won't hold my breath though. Good luck to the cops in solving this. Doubt it will happen. 

Of all that pisses me off about Sgt. Small Hands, this may be the biggest.  The most he can do is issue a limp "stop it" when pressed on it during an interview.  And the reason for that is that he cannot go against someone who likes him.  It's flattering to him that people are doing this shit as some kind of twisted tribute to him.  He won't forcefully condemn it, because it's an honor in his view.  And, as long as you like him, you're golden in his book.  It's why he wouldn't forcefully denounce Duke and the KKK during the campaign - they like him.  It doesn't matter how deplorable they are, because they like him.  Instead, he boasts "lots of people like me."  It's so disgusting and narcissistic, and it's one more way that he's wildly unqualified for the job.  You can't base decisions, as POTUS, on whether the players involved like you enough for your fragile ego's tastes. 

1 hour ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Yes, and her brother (and she) have publicly indicated that they believe relaxation of child labor laws is a good idea, because "kids would find mining 'exciting'."

This assemblage of despicables tRump is putting together to run the country is straight out of Theodore Dreiser. Where the fuck is Teddy Roosevelt? Hell! Paging Teddy Rex and Teddy Kennedy. Stat. Fuck me sideways, but they're trying to turn this country back to the Gilded Age. Only problem is that the only folks that got to enjoy that era were fat, self-serving and greedy pond scum like tRump.

It can't be a coincidence that the people he keeps putting in charge of various departments are people who would like to dismantle those departments, can it?  He's the Koch Brothers' dream POTUS.  He's going to go ahead and do their dirty work, and they haven't even publicly affiliated themselves with him, so, when it all goes south, as it will, they're not on the hook for the blame.  

• Love 19
3 hours ago, windsprints said:

I do. I started following him years back when he had his massive hissy fit with the writer from Modern Family.  I never cared for him but having followed him long before he was a candidate definite shaped my opinion of him, a total asshole. LOL, a man in his 60s tweeting that the Twilight actor should dump the Twilight actress because she cheated on him (hello - pot meet kettle) over and over. It was so bizarre. I kept following him because of the "whacko" factor, many of his tweets were so strange or like a child having a tantrum that it was entertaining. That was then, this is now and now its scary given the power he's about to have.

I once tweeted a comment about the Celebrity apprentice show and got back a scolding from Don Trump Jr. telling me how wrong I was.  I laughed it off, because, it was so odd.  Usually anyone involved with a show doesn't engage in an argument with viewers on Twitter.  They might add information, or hint at what's to come, to encourage people to keep watching -  but arguing?   Not smart. 

I don't follow Trump o Twitter, but I do check his account from time to time, and yeah, I sometimes reply.  I like to think it gets under his skin, but I wonder if he even knows how to read replies.  (maybe Kelly Anne sets his twitter feed to hide replies so he doesn't spend 24/7 on the computer)

Edited by backformore
  • Love 3

LMFAO..."Dolores Umbridge of DC," hahahahaha

Oh, goody. Four years of "hem...hem..." 

I mean, why wouldn't a president get his intelligence from The Mirror and his Brexit Bro and...I don't know...could it be...*SNL voice*....PUTIN??! 

Nothing to see here, though. Tubby's cryin' about Jill Stein and I'm pretty happy to see him driven to distraction about that. Whassamatter, Tubby, you don't like playing defense? Get used to it.

Also, somehow, reading "Tubby" always makes me smile and laugh. And I need that. A lot.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, backformore said:

Kelly Anne Conway is praising how "gracious"  trump is being for not prosecuting Hillary Clinton.   HUH?   Does anyone on his team understand the branches of government and how our country works?  

Go right ahead, I'm sure they'll be lawyers lining up to defend Hillary for free at this point, even with her millions.  Lawrence Tribe was ready to defend Trump's accusers for free and he said they were a bunch of lawyers willing to do it, because it's that bully Trump.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, backformore said:

Kelly Anne Conway is praising how "gracious"  trump is being for not prosecuting Hillary Clinton.   HUH?   Does anyone on his team understand the branches of government and how our country works?  

Well, considering her intended audience, such knowledge isn't so universal based on the attempted discourse I've had w/ said audience over the past year especially.  

ETA:  hahahahahaha, Keith keeps bringing it:

phEdDVu.png

Edited by Duke Silver
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, MulletorHater said:

You know, this shit is getting old and redundant.  When will Drumpf's enablers in the media finally get it through their thick skulls that a candidate who ran a divisive, hate-filled and race-baiting campaign without dog whistles is NOT going to unite the country.  First of all, it's not in his best interests to do so.  Second, he's incapable of doing so, as he lacks the maturity and empathy to recognize how hurtful his campaign was.  Third, he will never accept that he isn't universally loved.

At the end of the day, it's all about him and to hell  with anyone else.  

Seriously. I don't understand why the media doesn't get it--FOX, MSNBC, CNN, the big Three, it doesn't matter. Like our president, they can't seem to really, truly accept what this guy is.

I can't believe the media is still thinking Tubby will pivot. I can hear them saying it in four years, "Well, now that Trump finally has the authority centralized as president, and martial law us firmly in place, during his next four years we can expect him to pivot away from growing his financial empire abroad (protected by American troops) and to reintroducing democratic reforms that he promises will actually strengthen the Constitution and its protections to make life better for all Americans."

Reality check for the media: This is a despicable, arrogant and incredibly ignorant man who isn't even TRYING to learn what a president should know! He will do the minimum he can get away with doing for the country (like, say, appointing wealthy incompetent rightwing lackeys to the Cabinet) and the maximum to benefit himself, especially when it comes to his own comfort, convenience, ego and fortune.

He's SO predictable! And he's NEVER going to be "presidential" so please stop saying it!

• Love 18
45 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Another example of why Romney has no shot at SoS - Trumperdink is going to give all the posts to people who kissed his ass during the campaign, and the less qualified for the spot, the better.  Romney definitely did not kiss his ass, and, my disagreement with his politics aside, he would actually be qualified for the job.  So it's never happening. 

It can't be a coincidence that the people he keeps putting in charge of various departments are people who would like to dismantle those departments, can it?  He's the Koch Brothers' dream POTUS.  He's going to go ahead and do their dirty work, and they haven't even publicly affiliated themselves with him, so, when it all goes south, as it will, they're not on the hook for the blame.  

I was pretty neutral about Romney and saw that bullshit for what it was--a chance for Herr Drumpf to summon his rival to his Tower of Turds for the cheap thrill of humiliating him.  The Crypt Mistress has been attacking Romney incessantly, stating that she didn't even know if he voted for Drumpf.  

The New York Times' Frank Bruni has a great op-ed piece today about the fake populism of Drumpf.  Upon reading it, it should be noted that based on his picks, Drump has assembled the perfect government of the rich, by the rich and for the rich.  We are about to enter another gilded age in which the wealthy will rule.  I hope that Drumpf's would-be subjects in the Rust and Bible Belts are practicing their goose-stepping and salutes to their fuhrer and his family.  And, the same thing goes for those BoB's who whined incessantly for months about Hillary's speeches and fundraisers.

The Pretend Populism of Trump

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

The most infuriating part is that the bar for him to act "presidential," is as low as humanly, no, sub-humanly, possible.  As long as he doesn't actually have Hillary brought up to the podium and executed during a speech, he's "presidential."  Didn't smear his own feces all over the walls?  Presidential.  Didn't answer every reporter with "fuck you, asshole" during a press conference?  Presidential.  

This made me laugh, so thank you for that! Also, I haven't ruled any of them out--especially the last one.  We drop the bar low, but he manages to keep lowering it. (Who ever thought a year ago, the heir to Lincoln would be taped saying he likes to "Grab them by the...."?)

We haven't seen the depths Tubby is capable of yet. All I know is that next one will be something I never thought of.

And I -wish- Olbermann could get a Comedy Central gig! That would be amazing!  (Even a weekly rant on The Daily Show would be great!)

• Love 9

Trump the Populist is the among the most hilarious aspects of his impending Presidency.  That his supporters actually believe, or even just hope, that he cares about anything other than his own popularity/acceptance among his fellow economic elites is pathetic.  Trump supporters I've encountered bemoan the elitism of liberals, but they are under the sway of Trump & his elitist gang of billionaire friends.  It's amazing to me.

• Love 14
27 minutes ago, Duke Silver said:

Trump the Populist is the among the most hilarious aspects of his impending Presidency.  That his supporters actually believe, or even just hope, that he cares about anything other than his own popularity/acceptance among his fellow economic elites is pathetic.  Trump supporters I've encountered bemoan the elitism of liberals, but they are under the sway of Trump & his elitist gang of billionaire friends.  It's amazing to me.

Yep. It's amazing. It's cultlike. I was at trivia at my local bowling alley this week and my neighbor was there spouting "Make America Great Again!" and listing off Hillary's "crimes". He's done this for two weeks in a row now. He tries to get me to agree with him and all I can say in order to keep the peace is that I hope I'm wrong about Trump. I've never wanted to be wrong about anything more in my entire life. But I don't think I am. I've never seen anything like the zeal of his supporters outside of a cult or religious event. It's terrifying, the passion with which they are embracing willful ignorance. 

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, Duke Silver said:

I won't follow Trump, nor will I directly link to his tweets...  His self-delusion is glorious.

https://twitter.com/Anthony/status/802973715457785857

chDRvUI.png

Does the Oompa Loompa not remotely understand how reckless it is for a POTUS to tweet wild conspiracy theories as fact?  This is just as bad as his various tweets about "failing" businesses or fabricated stories about companies looking to move their US locations out of the country.  The President of the US cannot be so wildly irresponsible in the things he says/tweets.  It means something.  

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Pixel said:

....I've never seen anything like the zeal of his supporters outside of a cult or religious event. It's terrifying, the passion with which they are embracing willful ignorance. 

I've never seen it either, not even for the Kennedys. I wish I could understand what he is touching in them that arousing such loyalty and commitment and fervor. It certainly isn't about jobs or the economy or "cleaning up Washington.  Is it really because he's saying essentially, "White people are the best, Christians are the best, Americans are the best, and I'm going to make everyone acknowledge our superiority in the U.S. and around the world!"

That's all I can come up with and its not trying to be mean or insulting. I recognize he is an extremely gifted conman.  But I really don't see any other reason than "white+Christian+American superiority" that would cause them to give such loyalty to Trump--or what would blind his supporters so deeply and completely that they don't see he is a corrupt and manipulative liar.

ETA: Per KAC, Trump and Obama spoke for 45minutes yesterday.

She's not saying what the two discussed, but she says the two men "talk regularly" and "get along nicely" despite strong disagreements on policy. Conway tells NBC's "Meet the Press" that "there's a respect there."

WTH? After the birther nonsense? And Tubby calling Obama the "most incompetent president in history" and "literally, the founder of ISIS", there's now "a respect"?  I find that nauseating.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 17

He doesn't care.  It's all about his #butthurt.  Again, the irony is delicious.  He's the poster child (emphasis on "child") for anti-PC, yet he's the one who is all whiny & desirous of safe spaces for his butthurt.  His supporter's are only glad to provide him with same.  It's hilarious to me the blatant double standard being applied.  My bowl of popcorn is at the ready.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Does the Oompa Loompa not remotely understand how reckless it is for a POTUS to tweet wild conspiracy theories as fact?  This is just as bad as his various tweets about "failing" businesses or fabricated stories about companies looking to move their US locations out of the country.  The President of the US cannot be so wildly irresponsible in the things he says/tweets.  It means something.  

Agreed but he won't stop. He's no better than the fake news propaganda that was everywhere during the election. He has no integrity and doesn't care about what is true. He spews, his supporters cheer and adore him and that is all he wants. 

Clearly losing the popular vote is under his skin. No matter what happens he will always be the man who takes office with no mandate and over half the country against him.

• Love 16

I follow the White House on Tumblr and Snapchat, and they're always posting about events like the kids' Science Day or the Easter Egg hunt or when the cast of Hamilton performed and Lin freestyled with POTUS' help in the Rose Garden. I can't even imagine those continuing. Not with much enthusiasm. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, calliope1975 said:

I follow the White House on Tumblr and Snapchat, and they're always posting about events like the kids' Science Day or the Easter Egg hunt or when the cast of Hamilton performed and Lin freestyled with POTUS' help in the Rose Garden. I can't even imagine those continuing. Not with much enthusiasm. 

Can you even imagine him and Melania laughing and interacting with the kids at those events?  It's impossible to picture it.  

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Yet another reason why it’s so terrifying that anyone in the press is normalizing this guy. He’s making it clear just in that one Tweet that he intends to irresponsibly lie whenever he feels like it and in the most exaggerated ways. You can’t talk about him like he’s a regular president, with the authority that that title implies, when this is who he is. You have to commit to putting the truth out there, and saying again and again that the president is not telling it. This isn’t even playing with the truth, is the president elect saying on zero evidence that people who didn’t vote for him had no legal right to vote. It was irresponsible enough when the Republicans kept telling this lie—even McCain referenced it as truth during the campaign, but now the president elect’s openly accusing over 2 million people of it like it’s a fact.

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, lyric said:

Never mind...y'all already covered it.  Can't seem to delete jpg

He's such a garbage human being.

Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 2.56.05 PM.png

Thanks! I missed this.  And what the hell?  I thought he was insisting all the voting was on the up and up. Now he's saying there were million--millions--of illegal votes (2.5 million, hmm?) and THAT's why he didn't win the popular vote?

Okay!  I accept your challenge!  Let's have a 50 stat redo --just for president-- with every vote counted  Get out the lazy 53% who didn't even bother, too.  Seriously, Tubby. Let's  find out if a majority of Americans really want you or not!!!  And let's abide by the results!

• Love 14

If Romney doesn't put a stop to the SOS talk by coming out publicly any saying , not interested, then he might as well be one of Mr. Garrison's bitches (sorry to and for the South Park reference) and lick trump's dry penis.

Mitt, can you really be that desperate to be a part of this hot mess that you would let troll bitch from hell insult you on all the Sunday morning shows?

Edited by stormy
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, Padma said:

[snip]

ETA: Per KAC, Trump and Obama spoke for 45minutes yesterday.

She's not saying what the two discussed, but she says the two men "talk regularly" and "get along nicely" despite strong disagreements on policy. Conway tells NBC's "Meet the Press" that "there's a respect there."

WTH? After the birther nonsense? And Tubby calling Obama the "most incompetent president in history" and "literally, the founder of ISIS", there's now "a respect"?  I find that nauseating.

I think Obama is playing the long game here.  I know I'm not being original in my thoughts, but he's a very astute observer, and it's clear to me he grasps that having any kind of influence on Trump, no matter how minor, requires him to be, uhhhh, diplomatic.  While I'd love to see Obama put Trump on blast, I think it's probably better for the country, overall, if he first tries to do what he can to moderate Trump's extreme views.  Yeah, it likely won't help much given the craven gang of deplorables hovering over Trump's transition/future administration, but I suspect it's better than instantly being on the outs.  We'll see, I guess.

I also understand anger among liberals over Obama not railing against the election results.  However, again, I think he understands the better role for him to play is to try & influence Trump, even if only in small ways.  The chance of an election being overturned are not even minuscule, and while I understand people grasping at straws, the fact is, it isn't gonna result in a changed outcome.  I've tried to not comment on these aspects because, even though I'm not a Dem, I am a #neverTrump Independent who voted for Hillary, and in-fighting over things that ultimately won't change the outcome just doesn't interest me.  I'll save my ire for Trump & his supporters.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

• Love 24

@Duke Silver I agree. Obama is a chess player and he's already looked 3 moves ahead for multiple scenarios.

I said it before and I'll say it again: just because we don't see what the current administration is doing doesn't mean they aren't doing anything. 

And that's how I sleep at night.

Ladies and Gentlemen, our President Elect: https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamieross/donald-trumps-fabulous-world-of-golf?utm_term=.ft5JYbZAW#.ltaWZ3lbw

Edited by theredhead77
  • Love 11
41 minutes ago, Duke Silver said:

I think Obama is playing the long game here.  I know I'm not being original in my thoughts, but he's a very astute observer, and it's clear to me he grasps that having any kind of influence on Trump, no matter how minor, requires him to be, uhhhh, diplomatic.  While I'd love to see Obama put Trump on blast, I think it's probably better for the country, overall, if he first tries to do what he can to moderate Trump's extreme views.  Yeah, it likely won't help much given the craven gang of deplorables hovering over Trump's transition/future administration, but I suspect it's better than instantly being on the outs.  We'll see, I guess.

I also understand anger among liberals over Obama not railing against the election results.  However, again, I think he understands the better role for him to play is to try & influence Trump, even if only in small ways.  The chance of an election being overturned are not even minuscule, and while I understand people grasping at straws, the fact is, it isn't gonna result in a changed outcome.  I've tried to not comment on these aspects because, even though I'm not a Dem, I am a #neverTrump Independent who voted for Hillary, and in-fighting over things that ultimately won't change the outcome just doesn't interest me.  I'll save my ire for Trump & his supporters.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

You're probably right about playing the long game, and maybe even the wisdom of it (until it proves futile, which imo it will. Hope I'm wrong, of course.)

But there's a difference between railing against election results and seeing the reasons that recounting is a very good idea--or at least not a harmful one, and will--at minimum--help reassure people, especially when the "winner" didn't receive the most votes.

I think Obama could/should have either remained non-committal and silent or at least been mildly supportive, noting that even though he didn't think any results would change, there were some discrepancies and it was important that people not feel there had been anything amiss, especially since the one with the most votes wasn't the winner. (Okay, he could leave out that last part.) It's pure wimpiness imo to capitulate to Republican talking points from the beginning (telling Hillary to concede on election night--very premature, given all the voter suppression that we knew about already, plus the very close numbers coming in).--and now, I just see his rebuke of Stein as "more of the same".

There's the "effective, well considered long game" in the hope of achieving more important results later on. And there's the "wimpy, conforming capitulation to the Republicans" in the moment. I've seen Obama do both, so I guess time will tell which is which in this case.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Padma said:

You're probably right about playing the long game, and maybe even the wisdom of it (until it proves futile, which imo it will. Hope I'm wrong, of course.)

But there's a difference between railing against election results and seeing the reasons that recounting is a very good idea--or at least not a harmful one, and will--at minimum--help reassure people, especially when the "winner" didn't receive the most votes.

I think Obama could/should have either remained non-committal and silent or at least been mildly supportive, noting that even though he didn't think any results would change, there were some discrepancies and it was important that people not feel there had been anything amiss, especially since the one with the most votes wasn't the winner. (Okay, he could leave out that last part.) It's pure wimpiness imo to capitulate to Republican talking points from the beginning (telling Hillary to concede on election night--very premature, given all the voter suppression that we knew about already, plus the very close numbers coming in).--and now, I just see his rebuke of Stein as "more of the same".

There's the "effective, well considered long game" in the hope of achieving more important results later on. And there's the "wimpy, conforming capitulation to the Republicans" in the moment. I've seen Obama do both, so I guess time will tell which is which in this case.

Agree with this. My other worry is that, since Trump clearly does not think or behave like a  normal person and is prone to going along with whomever he is speaking with at the time combined with his need to be loved, adored, etc., that, in his warped mind these conversations are legitimizing him, his actions, his choices for various posts, and his "win."

Even if Obama seems to get something through to him in a half hour talk or whatever, Trump will forget about it the second KellyAnn or Bannon or Pence or his demon spawn or whomever else tells him something different. The man has no attention span, he incapable of critical thinking, logic or reason, he is extremely myopic in his viewpoint and can't see the long term damage being done, and he doesn't know enough to see that these are problems. He cares about lining his pockets, period.

I can see him tweeting that, because he and Obama had a decent conversation, that Obama approves of everything Trump is doing and that there should be no recount and that Trump won fair and square and that Obama believes Trump will be a great President. I'm not, of course, saying that Obama believes any of this, just stating how Trump could view and twist just one comment in his warped little mind. We've seen it happen a million times.

Obama is trying to play a long game with a man who can't comprehend a short game or any sort of game. It's risky and I understand that Obama is in a bit of a tough spot at the moment and that he is trying to do what he believes is best for the  country right now, but he has to know his opponent, and Trump is too unstable and it is too hard to tell how he will react to this.

ETA: Look at how stupid he was by posting that tweet about how he would have won the popular vote if not for all the "illegal votes." Does he not realize that that, combined with him claiming very early on that the election was rigged anyway and that he would only accept the results if he won (and let's not even talk about the likelihood that Russia was involved here), make him delegitimize the election and the results even more? He is bringing more attention to it and causing more questions and harming himself by calling the results even more into question.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

Can you even imagine him and Melania laughing and interacting with the kids at those events?  It's impossible to picture it.  

No. The thought is actually laughable. Or maybe it's just wince-inducing. What I actually picture is that after any public appearance in which the two appear together, when they return home he just peels her off his arm and hangs her in the closet. Maybe sends her out to be dry cleaned from time to time, readied for her next accessorizing appearance. What am I saying? Ridiculous. As if tRump ever picked a schmatta off the carpet and hung it up himself. What was I thinking? Must be the accumulated stress.

I can see him tweeting that, because he and Obama had a decent conversation

According to the reports that followed this bizarre meeting, actually Obama was characterized as saying it wasn't as pleasant and smooth as it was described in the media. I choose to believe this rather than the hugs and kisses and "all is forgiven" shit that was attempting to be shoveled down our throats or up our asses. I think the only reason President Obama has not openly come out in support for this effort is simply because he believes that anything he might do to encourage this would be met with physical violence. I don't speak of just civil disobedience and violence, following the 2000 election, several years out, Tipper Gore and Kareen (sp?) Gore spoke about the actual death threats that were made to the family because of the recount challenge. The Obamas have a teenage daughter that will be attending school in Georgetown for the next couple of years and they plan to live there during that time. I've no doubt that they've been threatened. Are still being threatened, and the same thing goes for HRC and the family. There are enough gun nuts out here in the hinterlands that anybody with the sense god gave a goat would feel threatened in this horrendous roiling mess created by the NRA loyalists and the AltRight Nazi coalition.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, backformore said:

On the off chance that your question wasn't redundant, no, no, they do not.

I saw Herr Trump tweeting his happiness at the death of Castro. Did he not get the memo from Puppetmaster Putin that Castro was to be praised?

• Love 4

Have Trump name the states that all these millions of illegal votes were cast.   Why isn't he demanding recounts for every one of those states?  This man just amazes me.  One minute, Hillary is a terrible person for agreeing to participate on a recount that she didn't ask for, the next minute he is alleglng wholesale fraud in the same election.    The next 4 years (or less since he will likely either be impeached or resign) are going to be a nightmare. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

On the off chance that your question wasn't redundant, no, no, they do not.

I saw Herr Trump tweeting his happiness at the death of Castro. Did he not get the memo from Puppetmaster Putin that Castro was to be praised?

I thought for sure Trump would go into a period of mourning as he lost one of his great dictator-type role models...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Duke Silver said:

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Thanks, I agree completely.

I find myself wondering if Romney ( and I am not a fan) might not be putting love of country against personal satisfaction by appearing to consider a cabinet post. All after, Trump stated that MR would gladly fall to his knees for Trump. Because I would hate to think that the whole knees comment would turn out to be accurate.

• Love 4

I want Obama to keep doing what he's doing, calm and acting like that piece of shit is legit.  He and Clinton need to act as if it's business as usual.  I didn't even want the Clinton campaign to admit they are joining in the recount. I'm actually hoping that they got Jill Stein to go after the recount, and that it was their idea. But I didn't want them to show that they were involved just to make voters/supporters like me feel good. Dems. need to be more sinister, do not show your hand and stop bringing knives to gun fights. As long as I believe that Obama is playing the long game, I'm fine, because no fucking way do I believe that he thinks he can influence Trump, no way. I'm sorry you can't get where he is as a black man in this country and believe shit like that, no way.

On the other hand, the democrats  I want to hear talking shit are ALL the rest them. Bernie, Warren, Ellis, etc. I want to hear them say shit like our only goal is to make him a one term president. Every time I  hear any of them saying we'll work with him on this if, my blood boils, it makes me angrier than the thought of Trump in that oval office, that's how angry. I have pictures of those democrats, literally being kicked up the ass and out of their offices on Capitol Hill. Fuck working with him for the people.  Cut the shit, because the people are already fucked as long as he's in office, so stop trying to find common ground. It's  utterly, fucking infuriating.  Stop taking these redundant questions from the media on why Dems lost the election and go on attack toward only republicans every time a camera is in your fucking face. Otherwise stay off my damn tv screen as you are useless to me a democrat otherwise.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 14