Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E04: Who's The Sucker At The Table?

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Man, the Immunity Challenge was a drag. And Probst didn't almost get knocked off his feet, so that's a minus.

ETA: Cannot wait for the inevitable twist, so Probst can knock off the generational talk. "Millennials, now resorting to Gangham Style!!"

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Man, the Immunity Challenge was a drag. And Probst didn't almost get knocked off his feet, so that's a minus.

ETA: Cannot wait for the inevitable twist, so Probst can knock off the generational talk. "Millennialist, now resorting to Gangham Style!!"

Somehow I have think he'll make it worse.  

Nervous for Jessica tonight.  I have a feeling Chris and Bret will be kept around for strength,  even if a swap is hopefully coming.

Well, that was a surprise.  I didn't think David had it in him to use the idol on someone else.  

Jessica's long convoluted question about trust followed by Ken's short, "Yeah," answer was funny.

That was definitely one of the more exciting reward challenges in a while.   I didn't notice how Michaela got her bathing suit back by the end of the challenge - anybody know?

The immunity challenge was also pretty good (but I wish the editors hadn't cut away when Ken was jumping the hurdles).  

I'm hoping Jeff does not say, "doing their own thing, millennial-style," ever again.

• Love 19

Well, that was crazy. David is stupid. I don't get why he saved Jessica. He was all for voting off Lucy. I'm glad she's gone though. 

Have Gen X won an puzzle challenged yet? 

Best part of the this episode was Probst almost getting knocked on his ass by that big wave. 

• Love 1

I don't even know how I feel about that.

CC probably died a little bit and I was so worried everyone was going to turn on Ken.  I really can't believe they didn't even consider it but I am glad they didn't.

• Love 10

Now that was a great tribal...totally seemed up in the air. My guess was the smart move was to off Jessica, and sort out the tribe later...but Dave's move was a surprise. Jessica is an idiot but Lucy is not a tiger mom...she's a born dictator. And her explanation...it works at home, it should work here won't fly...presumably your family loves you and your coworkers have no choice. At tribal...it is all about choice. Not so smart, Lucy.

• Love 18

HI, Lucy! Bye, Lucy!

Somewhere out there, thousands of fans are trying to make Jessica's expression into a meme. And thanks to David for livening up a blah season, even as it might cost him immediately.

Still can't be bothered to tell most of these people apart. If I was any moe ambivalent, the black guy in the demonstration footage would've thrown me off balance.

• Love 9

Okay, why did Ken vote for Jessica? He knew Dave had the idol. Did Dave tell him he might play it? I understand Dave telling CC to vote for Lucy, since her name would be the only other one out there, but why wouldn't Ken also vote for Lucy? 

• Love 3

My head is still spinning.  I kind of figured Lucy would be the one to go when they spent so much time on her.

I'm going to say it again:  When they do challenges that lead to wrestling and/or contact it makes me uncomfortable.  I don't think Survivor is the place for that sort of thing.

• Love 18

Holy immunity idol, David, you're my hero. Took some guts to use it on someone else! A risky move because you may need it, on the other hand, you have an ally for life, or at least for awhile. Jessica owes him big time. An alliance of Jessica, Ken and David could work if Ken gets over Jessica talking to Lucy. I think I like David best now. He reminds me a little of Tai but without Tai's assumed naivety. I was hoping Gen X would win - so close, but Millennials are better at puzzles. 

Ken reminds me of Nyle from America's Next Top Model and Dancing with the Stars.

Regarding Jessica's advantage, my guess is that once she's voted off, production will take her aside and ask who the advantage should go to. Then the heir will get the advantage slipped to him or her somehow.

1 minute ago, Etta Place said:

Okay, why did Ken vote for Jessica? He knew Dave had the idol. Did Dave tell him he might play it? I understand Dave telling CC to vote for Lucy, since her name would be the only other one out there, but why wouldn't Ken also vote for Lucy? 

He was mad at Jessica for not believing him and asking Lucy if it was true that she was on the block.

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Well!  That was so much fun to watch, two underdogs shaking up the over-confident people, but I hope the ones who were fooled don't hold a grudge.

I could watch Michaela do challenges all day long.

This is Survivor.  They'll hold a grudge.  Except if they were the ones pulling the move off, they'd say it was just a game and those grumbling needed to get over it.

• Love 12

I felt like Jeff was coaching them on who to vote for with his questions for Lucy, designed to make her look bad, and then his "Look at Jessica's body language!", as though he was inviting them to pity her. Well, his coaching would have failed if it wasn't for David. Jessica looked at him like he rescued her from a burning house. I still can't tell the Millennials apart except for Zeke, Mikayla and Hannah. Sometimes I can pick out Figgy.

My dream alliance based on who I like right now would be David, Ken and Mikayla.

• Love 5

Ken will have to get his emotions in check if he wants to win the game because he's voting emotionally which is not going to get him the win. I'm not even rooting for him anyway.

Maybe now Jessica will believe what people are trying to tell her cause as she plainly sees Ken was telling her the truth about everyone voting for her at TC. Dave shouldn't have played his idol and let her be blindsided but I understand why he did it because he doesn't want to be at the bottom of the pecking order again. I do like how the underdogs who don't have the numbers are slowly chipping away at the majority alliance. 

It's so hard for ladies to stick together on Survivor cause I really thought that Lucy, Sunday and Jessica would stick together but it's hardly ever the case.

I'm still rooting for Michaela at this point as she was the challenge MVP during the reward challenge.

It's also satisfying to see underdogs get the idol instead of the manipulators who always end up finding it first.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Have Gen X won an puzzle challenged yet? 

No, but my question is how bad is everyone else on Gen X at puzzles that they keep sending Dave out, who has yet to win one?

Did it freak out anyone else when the millennials wanted to go kill a pig?! Well, if they accidentally get Figgy by mistake, she has no one to blame but her own unfortunate nickname.

• Love 13

Great episode. Besides the gutsy move by Dave and the surprise Tribal, I think my favorite moment is when the real estate agent millennial acted out a completely fictional conversation between his tribe and Gen X ("Gen X is all (waving finger), 'Get a 9 to 5 job'...") and then talking about what a dreamer he was.  Dude, you're a real estate agent, not exactly a dharma bum.

Jessica's long convoluted question about trust followed by Ken's short, "Yeah," answer was funny.

Agreed. Love Ken, even though he didn't vote for Lucy (I blame Dave for not telling him the plan.)

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, ShadowSixx said:

Ken will have to get his emotions in check if he wants to win the game because he's voting emotionally which is not going to get him the win. I'm not even rooting for him anyway.

Maybe now Jessica will believe what people are trying to tell her cause as she plainly sees Ken was telling her the truth about everyone voting for her at TC. Dave shouldn't have played his idol and let her be blindsided but I understand why he did it because he doesn't want to be at the bottom of the pecking order again. I do like how the underdogs who don't have the numbers are slowly chipping away at the majority alliance. 

It's so hard for ladies to stick together on Survivor cause I really thought that Lucy, Sunday and Jessica would stick together but it's hardly ever the case.

I'm still rooting for Michaela at this point as she was the challenge MVP during the reward challenge.

It's also satisfying to see underdogs get the idol instead of the manipulators who always end up finding it first.

I'm hoping someone good finds the idol at Camp GenX next week when it's replanted.  I'm actually surprised at Jessica.  She seems to have had a good, smart head on her shoulders in terms of reading people so far, but she was a mess tonight.  I hope David's idol play doesn't come back to bite him.  I'd keep it for myself at this early stage, because I don't know if Jessica will be an ally in the long term for him.  She needs to quit running her mouth when she's given information, that's for sure.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Eolivet said:

No, but my question is how bad is everyone else on Gen X at puzzles that they keep sending Dave out, who has yet to win one?

Did it freak out anyone else when the millennials wanted to go kill a pig?! Well, if they accidentally get Figgy by mistake, she has no one to blame but her own unfortunate nickname.

I heard them talking about hunting, but I thought it was hunting for an idol because they next showed Adam finding the clue.  I don't think anyone on that tribe could actually catch a pig, let alone kill it. They'd say, "Wilbur!" or "Babe!" That's OK, because I don't want them to kill a pig.