Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Forsaking All Others

• Start Topic

This is an episode thread for discussing things that happened in this episode.  Many posters in the episode threads prefer to remain unspoiled re: social media posts, Unfiltered, Confessions, etc.   This is not a lot to ask, so please follow the rules.  

If you want to post any reference to something you heard outside of the actual episode and aired preview, please take it to the appropriate thread.  

3 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Wait, Sonia is wearing her freakum dress with all that body-ody-ody, and Nick is wearing jeans, a t-shirt, a hoodie, and sneakers?! He couldn't put on a dress shirt?

I thought that was weird too.  He seems like he's continually casual.  That's not an issue, but it looks weird that they're together when she's so dressed up.

• Love 12

Lily seems incredibly supportive, so I was surprise to hear Tom call her “a whiny complainer”, “impatient” and “neurotic”.  He stated that one of his concerns is that if they stay together he could possibly lose himself.  That doesn’t bode well. 

Nick doesn’t appear to be romantically interested in Sonia, so I can’t help but wonder why he is so keen to have her move back in.  I've noticed that he always says he wants a “partner” to share his life with, instead of being gender specific.   

• Love 19

Oh look PDA From Nick! He put his arm around Sonia and kissed her forehead when she was leaving to go home. I think that's the first time I've seen him touch her since the wedding day. Sonia tells Nick she put her wedding ring back on and what does Nick do...pets and kisses the dog....doh! I hope she doesn't stay married to him. 

I think the editing is screwing with us on Lily and Tom. One minute they say how great they are together but in another TH they are complaining about each other. I think there're ok, I'll be surprised if they don't stay together. 

Hey, no Heather or Derek this episode! Yay!

So is next week really the finale or are they going to drag it out for two episodes? I'm more than done with this show! 

• Love 15
Just now, Adeejay said:

Lily seems incredibly supportive, so I was surprise to hear Tom call her “a whiny complainer”, “impatient” and “neurotic”.  He stated that one of his concerns is that if they stay together he could possibly lose himself.  That doesn’t bode well. 

Nick doesn’t appear to be romantically interested in Sonia, so I can’t help but wonder why he is so keen to have her move back in.  I've noticed that he always says he wants a “partner” to share his life with, instead of being gender specific.   

I think Tom is looking for an out.  It's been fun for him, but the six weeks are up and he's probably ready to move on (sadly, 'cause Lily is pretty awesome).

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Oh look PDA From Nick! He put his arm around Sonia and kissed her forehead when she was leaving to go home. I think that's the first time I've seen him touch her since the wedding day. Sonia tells Nick she put her wedding ring back on and what does Nick do...pets and kisses the dog....doh! I hope she doesn't stay married to him. 

So is next week really the finale or are they going to drag it out for two episodes? I'm more than done with this show! 

LOL at the PDA comment. 

And yep next week is is decision day and then Nov 1st is the reunion show. Seems like it has dragged on forever though. 

• Love 5

From what Tom was saying, it seems like he is wanting the perfect woman.   A woman who does everything he wants, his way, on his clock.

Ain't gonna happen asshole.

I think Lilly is an incredibly thoughtful and loving person. She deserves better than Tom.

• Love 20

YAY no Derek and Heather!  Finally!!!

I'm sure Sonia has directly confronted Nick about his outburst but I wonder why they haven't shown it. Every conversation they've shown she beats around the bush.

The dress Sonia wore to the dinner...no, just no.  The top was sexy but it was too tight around the knees and made her outer thighs look huge.  Then the shoes cutting her legs off at the ankles didn't help her calves look good either.  Still, it was better than the frickin' hoodie and t-shirt Nick wore.  Nothing about that guy shows he's making any true effort.

Tom's bus doesn't have a/c...in Florida...and all the windows were closed.  I felt a little motion sick just watching it on tv and for once I didn't think Lily was overreacting when she complained.  I think Tom and Lily will stay together but I don't know for how long.  The bottom line is he seems to prefer a very bohemian lifestyle while she seems to prefer more refinement. 

One. More. Week.

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 11
Just now, Paddywagon said:

YAY no Derek and Heather!  Finally!!!

I'm sure Sonia has directly confronted Nick about his outburst but I wonder why they haven't shown it. Every conversation they've shown she beats around the bush.

The dress Sonia wore to the dinner...no, just no.  The top was sexy but it was too tight around the knees and made her hips look huge.  Then the shoes cutting her legs off at the ankles didn't help her calves look good either.  Still, it was better than the frickin' hoodie and t-shirt Nick wore.  Nothing about that guy shows he's making any true effort.

Tom's bus doesn't have a/c...in Florida...and all the windows were closed.  I felt a little motion sick just watching it on tv and for once I didn't think Lily was overreacting when she complained.  I think Tom and Lily will stay together but I don't know for how long.  The bottom line is he seems to prefer a very bohemian lifestyle while she seems to prefer more refinement. 

One. More. Week.

Proves that the "experts", even with 2 new ones, still don't know jack about matching people. A flaming bag of shit could do a better job.

• Love 12

This show is so awful, fake and badly edited

i think they cut and paste all over the place and try to change the direction of the couples every week. 

Theres no way to figure out who stays together. Ugh

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Lion18 said:

This show is so awful, fake and badly edited

i think they cut and paste all over the place and try to change the direction of the couples every week. 

Theres no way to figure out who stays together. Ugh

Yes but they don't want you to figure it out. Sadly they don't get they can do that without the crappy editing they seem to love to do. 

• Love 6

What a painful mess. Nothing with these couples worked tonight. Sonia dressed like she was working the street corner and Nick looked like he was going to watch a tennis match. Furthermore, if he were attracted to her, he would be trying to be affectionate...hugging, holding hands. Her intuition is right that she hasn't felt a change in their relationship. I don't even think these two can be friends. 

Tom is a bum for making her go on that awful bus. Lillie should cut her losses and move on. He will never appreciate her work or her lifestyle and she will be miserable if he makes her do the bus trips.

Edited by potatochips
  • Love 14

Tom seems so insistent on Lilly not having her phone, not answering her phone; who is going to support them if they stay together? I didn't like the way he was badgering Lilly over the shoulder thing. I have had two shoulder surgeries and while I still think her issue can't be that serious (I was unable to lift my arms at all before surgery), this isn't the type of thing an alternate doctor could do much with. She could go to a chiropractor, but a good ortho doctor is best. I wouldn't ride in a bus with no AC in Florida-nope. I think they will stay together for now, but Lilly is too smart to put up with Tom for long.

Nick has zero interest in Sonia and I think she is growing tired of him. He doesn't look at her, try to kiss her-nothing. I'm guessing the show is telling him to say she should move back in. He shows affection only to the dogs. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Considering that he describes surfing as his "religion" and the bus as his "identity", he might do well to lose himself and find a new one if he really wants a marriage or any kind of romantic partnership.

It seemed to me that when Sonia and her boobs came prancing out of the bathroom, we heard Nick say she was beautiful, but on my screen it looked like he was applying lip balm too vigorously to have actually said that at the time.  And I haven't seen him do one thing to convince her that he'd love to have her move back in and be married.  If I were in her shoes, hearing that everyone else thinks I should and he'll sleep on the couch wouldn't do it for me either. :(

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, princelina said:

Considering that he describes surfing as his "religion" and the bus as his "identity", he might do well to lose himself and find a new one if he really wants a marriage or any kind of romantic partnership.

It seemed to me that when Sonia and her boobs came prancing out of the bathroom, we heard Nick say she was beautiful, but on my screen it looked like he was applying lip balm too vigorously to have actually said that at the time.  And I haven't seen him do one thing to convince her that he'd love to have her move back in and be married.  If I were in her shoes, hearing that everyone else thinks I should and he'll sleep on the couch wouldn't do it for me either. :(

The whole bus and surf thing is why I was on the fence with Tom. If that is how he looks at himself, that is fine but he needs someone with the same attitude or some so called "free spirited" hippie chick or something. 

Nick never liked her. It was obvious. Yet the "experts" will never EVER admit the mistakes they make in things but instead push these people to work it out no matter what the issues are. Even ones that obviously show one part of that couple is not into the other one and never will be. She needs to listen to that gut of her's because she knows he isn't but those "experts" keep nagging at her to move back in over and over instead of dealing with him and his issues/behavior. They rather lay blame where it doesn't belong at all. Typical of them too. 

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

The whole bus and surf thing is why I was on the fence with Tom. If that is how he looks at himself, that is fine but he needs someone with the same attitude or some so called "free spirited" hippie chick or something. 

Nick never liked her. It was obvious. Yet the "experts" will never EVER admit the mistakes they make in things but instead push these people to work it out no matter what the issues are. Even ones that obviously show one part of that couple is not into the other one and never will be. She needs to listen to that gut of her's because she knows he isn't but those "experts" keep nagging at her to move back in over and over instead of dealing with him and his issues/behavior. They rather lay blame where it doesn't belong at all. Typical of them too. 

All of this. Those experts couldn't have been more wrong. I would love to hear from a former girlfriend of Nick' s to know if he is capable of showing affection to a woman.

• Love 8
Just now, potatochips said:

All of this. Those experts couldn't have been more wrong. I would love to hear from a former girlfriend of Nick' s to know if he is capable of showing affection to a woman.

IF he has a former girlfriend at all. I am still doubting he has had one ever.

• Love 8

Suddenly in the last 2 eps. we find out that Lilly is not Tom's "perfect woman", but this week the show went even so far as to make us think Tom has major reservations about the entire relationship.  Why didn't they let us see that until now?  Up until last week he has been gushing about how wonderful everything is.  I thought it was strange a few weeks back when Tom said they'd had their "ups and downs" because to that point we had not been shown any "downs" at all.  Suddenly in this episode and last we see him recite a litany of "downs".  I can't believe this is the first he's said any of these things.  Like others have said, it's obvious the editing is screwing with us. 

Tom being afraid of "losing himself" is egotistical lingo for "not being the constant center of attention".  Asshole, that's true in any healthy relationship.  That's what a relationship is all about, unless you want a little bobblehead or puppet that will love everything you say or do and never need anything from you.  He makes me sick.

That bus of Tom's is not set up for a passenger on long distance travel.  Poor Lilly was hot and had no comfortable seat like in a real RV.  When the show made it look like Tom would have to stop short because of the car that cut him off I think it was trying to make that point that Lilly was floundering around and might go flying because she really had no comfortable (or safe) place to sit.

As much as I can't stand Nick, I did think Sonia went overboard in her "come fuck me" outfit for that date night.  He was really more appropriately dressed for the place they went than she was.  Was she really trying to show the audience how little Nick would respond to her even if she shoved her boobs in his face?  Because I can't believe that after all she has been through she would try such an obvious ditch effort to get a reaction out of him.  I think she knows better and has already given up but is keeping up appearances for show.  Or maybe she thought she'd "advertise the goods" in case some men out in "TV land" would appreciate her.  Sonia's face is telling me she's trying like heck to listen to her gut that she wants out, and that's why she's not moving back in with Nick.  I seriously hope she doesn't cave.  I can't imagine why he is acting like he wants her to move back in when he is still so obviously not into her.  I think that's his way of "keeping up appearances" to look like he's really trying so as to get the experts off his back, plus make himself look like the one who was "done wrong" to get sympathy from the public.  Sorry, Nick, it's not working.

Halle - F'n - lujah, no Derek and Heather this week.  I think they squeezed just about every drop they could have out of them (and then some), although from the previews I woudn't put it past the show to include them in "decision week" just to (yet again) make anyone who's been half asleep all season think they might just decide to stay together.  Unbelievable.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 13

Just once I wanted to hear Nick tell Sonia he missed her.  He could have at least told her that he missed her and realized he was happier when she lived with him.  Instead he just told her it was her decision to move back and that everyone thought she should.  The guy obviously has no clue how to apologize or talk to anyone he has hurt with his words.  He is a jerk and she is better off without him. 

• Love 14

I don't think Tom and Lilly will work out in the end. He does not seem willing to compromise very much. He seems very set in his ways and his lifestyle with no desire to compromise for Lilly. Sure, he moved indoors but he was just talking about possibly living back in the bus in the future. I admire Lilly for being so open-minded and ready for new experiences. However, there is something about her that I don't like but I can't quite place it. What's up with her constantly saying she went to medical school in Nicaragua? Did she not finish before moving to the US? And how old was she when she moved? Now I'm curious about that.

I really thought Sonia and Nick would make it in the beginning. They were a slow burn but in a good way. However, I don't see it anymore. Nick and those darn dogs - that's all he cares about! I also agree that Sonia's dress wasn't very flattering. She has a good figure - she could've done much better! But I'm being too picky. She put in a lot of effort and he just wore jeans and a t-shirt!

Did anyone notice that one voice-over by expert Rachel that was decently long but ALL edited and chopped together from different conversations? How can they get away with constantly doing that? Do they think we don't notice? My 8 year old cousin probably could have done a better job.

• Love 9

I thought this might be the most insipid show I'd seen on reality TV and then while I was surfing the other night I saw a few minutes of "90 day fiancé" and boy was I wrong. That has got to be the worst reality show in history.

At least this show has reasonably nice looking people whereas that show is fat butt ugly people they are trying to hook up with losers.

Edited by CaptainCranky
  • Love 3

I lived in Miami for a couple of years.  I remember one day, due to storms, the power was out a couple of hours in the condo complex I was living in at the time.  I got a matchbook (the type they give out in restaurants and clubs) to light some candles.  I picked up the matches and was shocked to find out they were totally wet and would not light.  Then I noticed the floors were kind of slippery and slightly wet.  I was confused and then it hit me, because the AC was out, the humidity in the room had built up.  It was humid enough to literally wilt my book of paper matches.

This is a very long winded way of me saying, that wanting AC in southern Florida is not a prissy girl luxury.  Could you go without it, sure, but it really makes life a lot more pleasant.

Speaking of living in Miami, how are they making this vibrant place look like the most boring city in the world?  Nick and Sonia were in South Beach...there have been funerals with more excitement then their night out on the town.

I noticed when Nick did his tandem bike ride, he had the GoPro camera positioned on the handle bars for a perfect view of his Section 8 Yacht Club shirt.

I do not think that was the most flattering dress on Sonia, but I thought she looked great.  I think she was purposely trying to look a little "thick", as there are some men who really appreciate a thick, curvaceous woman.  I seriously doubt Nick falls into that category.

Like Sean, Nick thinks he has outsmarted the show.  He gets free advertising for his businesses, a pretty decent $1,000 a week stipend (or at least that is what the compensation was rumored to be last season, though I have no real verification on that number), free vacations, and he gets to pretend that Sonia is the bad guy, because she will not move back in.  The show has been a total win as far as he is concerned (I do not think he came into this sincerely looking for marriage, but that is pretty common in reality shows).

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 17

Tom:  I do understand Tom though, but the thing is, when you have a partner (and most of my friends who are STRAIGHT say "partner" these days), you will lose part of yourself, lose part of who you were when you were single.  Lily won't be able to work as many hours as she is now and Tom will have to give up some of his free spirit ways.  I am confused about Tom though.  On one hand, he says he wants to get married, but on the other hand, he doesn't seem to want to change anything about himself.  I have a friend who would have adored someone like Tom; she never wanted to have kids and hates living in large spaces, her dream is to get a camper and drive around the country.  Now she complains that her house is too big and she wants a much smaller space. 

Nick and Sonia:  If I were one of the experts, I'd tell Nick and Sonia that if they want to stay together they need to live separately, and DATE first.  What happened with Nick is a very important lesson for people to learn, sometimes you can say something to a person that can ruin your relationship with them for a very long time, maybe forever; Sonia is a sensitive soul and she's afraid, what if she moves back with Nick, he gets pissed off at her and hurts her feelings again?  That is what scares Sonia and I don't think the experts realize that.  Oh, and Sonia looked totally out of place in that dress; I could see if they were in a fancy restaurant in NYC or Vegas; I thought Nick looked more appropriate for where they were.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 15

I guess I missed the part about Tom telling Lily to go to a quack. UCK yes he needs a HIPPIE CHIC! She is way too classy and upscale for him. God that bus is gross!

I thought Sonia look hot and beautiful but they matched her up with the wrong type of man. Many men would find her attractive, not a slight tiny prissy closeted boy.

Heather and Nick seemed like a better match? I mean I think they would have had major issues but at least at first they would have got along...

I think Tom and Lilly may decide to stay together but break up within a few months. I really hate this show when they keep saying "we only have one week"- no you don't!!

• Love 8

Yay, no sign of Heather, Derek or their dead horse this episode!

Did I hear correctly that the bus has no A/C while driving?  Oh, Hell no!!!  Lilly is such a trooper (NOT a whiner)!  I say if Tom is so in luv with his bus they can keep it and use it as a weekend getaway thing, but it's time to grow up and live in a "real" house!  I think the reason that Tom is still single is that he probably starts off all his relationships on a high note because he knows all the right words and actions.  But when things start to look serious, women realize that Tom is not the settle down type and move on.

I don't consider functional medicine to be quackery, but from what I know, it is mostly based around what can be treated with nutrition and supplements.  I don't know that there is much more a functional practitioner could do when surgery is required.  Also, most health insurance does not cover functional medicine.  I appreciate Tom bringing up the suggestion, but if Lilly has made up her mind, he should respect her opinion on what she wants to do with her body and her health.

Nick and Sonia, I can't wait for them to wrap it up and go their separate ways.  Such a farce. 

Edited by suzeecat
  • Love 8

I don't know too many women who want to marry a bus who worships surfing. I mean, maybe they're out there, but Lily clearly isn't one of them. Which is what tells me that the "experts" are intentionally matching up couples who should not be together. It's like they're taking "opposites attract" as far as they possibly can to maximize the drama. Lily doesn't even need a fellow workaholic, just someone who shares her values. They should have at least matched her up with a man who wasn't really interested in a serious career, but would be happy to support his wife in hers. And Tom definitely needs someone who doesn't care about anything but catering to his needs and his lifestyle. I've known my husband for 17 years, and if he asked me to "vacation" in a bus without air conditioning IN FLORIDA, he would be making that trip ALONE. And Lily's somehow the bad guy for not wanting to make that sort of concession (because it is NOT a compromise) for someone she's just met? How could anyone who knows anything about people (as in, they have met people before), let alone someone claiming to be an expert on relationships, put these two together? There might be initial attraction, but that's not enough to build a decent marriage on, experts.

Edited by withanaich
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, withanaich said:

I don't know too many women who want to marry a bus who worships surfing. I mean, maybe they're out there, but Lily clearly isn't one of them. Which is what tells me that the "experts" are intentionally matching up couples who should not be together. It's like they're taking "opposites attract" as far as they possibly can to maximize the drama. Lily doesn't even need a fellow workaholic, just someone who shares her values. They should have at least matched her up with a man who wasn't really interested in a serious career, but would be happy to support his wife in hers. And Tom definitely needs someone who doesn't care about anything but catering to his needs and his lifestyle. I've known my husband for 17 years, and if he asked me to "vacation" in a bus without air conditioning IN FLORIDA, he would be making that trip ALONE. And Lily's somehow the bad guy for not wanting to make that sort of concession (because it is NOT a compromise) for someone she's just met? How could anyone who knows anything about people (as in, they have met people before), let alone someone claiming to be an expert on relationships, put these two together? There might be initial attraction, but that's not enough to build a decent marriage on, experts.

ITA and I've been thinking along these lines myself.  I think the fact that they bill this show as "a social experiment" tells me it's just that, an EXPERIMENT to see what would happen if they threw people together who probably have no business being thrown together.  Of course, we know what would happen - a train wreck, usually, but probably just to increase the drama of the show.  First of all, is that an ethical thing to do and secondly a lot of people watch the show to see real compatibility, not dramatic train wrecks.  This "I see why the experts matched us" stuff only goes so far with all of the couples.  It's obvious that the show also allowed some real deal breakers into the mix with pretty much all of them.  This "let's see if they can work around this" attitude feels sadistic at best.   I can't think of any big deal breakers with my own spouse that we ever had to work around when we first met, or we would never have gotten married.  Sure, we've had our issues over the years but anything big came later after we had been together a long time and we had a lot of motivation (and more maturity) to handle working them out.  These couples just met.  Expecting them to accept some of these curve balls so early on is unrealistic, IMHO.

• Love 13

STFU Tom! Never liked him, now I hate him. I'm just trying to figure out what Lily ever saw in him. They have nothing in common! She doesn't even like water, is afraid of or not interested in all the things he loves. But she's always willing to try, always. That's what is so great about her. Does Tom appreciate that? Hell, No! What has he ever tried to do that pleases Lily? Oh, yea. Sex. That's all he's bringing to the table to please Lily. And frankly, she probably does most of the work there, too.  As soon as that gets old and routine, they will be done. I do think they will stick it out until that happens, though. 

The bus with no A/C. I live in Florida and A/C is not an option, it's a must have. I'm a property manager (like Nick, ha!) and as soon as the A/C goes out in any one of my properties, people are on the phone to me freaking the fuck out! 

Nick:  (paraphrasing here) "I think you should move back in. You can sleep on the couch or in the other bed or I can sleep on the couch if you want." Yea, that's gonna make Sonia want to pack her shit and move right back in. Especially when there is only one week left. Moron. You know production is telling him to say that, he doesn't care if she moves back in or not. Keep kissing your dog's, Nick. It's the only display of affection we have ever seen from him. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

That bus of Tom's is not set up for a passenger on long distance travel.  Poor Lilly was hot and had no comfortable seat like in a real RV.  When the show made it look like Tom would have to stop short because of the car that cut him off I think it was trying to make that point that Lilly was floundering around and might go flying because she really had no comfortable (or safe) place to sit.

And when he realized that she had given up sitting uncomfortably behind him and was sleeping on the couch now, he seemed to be annoyed by that. Probably because she wasn't paying him attention. Boo-effing-hoo.

Lilly should run from this marriage. He's a selfish, pushy, aggressive asshole who wants everything to go his way, and I hate how condescending he is to her. She's trying to be a trooper, but all he can do is whine because she doesn't do everything exactly as he wants. I didn't understand why the experts had even chosen him for this show, but I'm even more annoyed now that they matched hard-working, ambitious Lilly with slacker, 'my way or the highway' Tom.

3 hours ago, TVwatcher35 said:

I don't think Tom and Lilly will work out in the end. He does not seem willing to compromise very much. He seems very set in his ways and his lifestyle with no desire to compromise for Lilly. Sure, he moved indoors but he was just talking about possibly living back in the bus in the future. I admire Lilly for being so open-minded and ready for new experiences. However, there is something about her that I don't like but I can't quite place it. What's up with her constantly saying she went to medical school in Nicaragua? Did she not finish before moving to the US? And how old was she when she moved? Now I'm curious about that.

I really thought Sonia and Nick would make it in the beginning. They were a slow burn but in a good way. However, I don't see it anymore. Nick and those darn dogs - that's all he cares about! I also agree that Sonia's dress wasn't very flattering. She has a good figure - she could've done much better! But I'm being too picky. She put in a lot of effort and he just wore jeans and a t-shirt!

I agree. I think Lilly has a good nature and she's a nice person, but the way she talks annoys me. It's like she has to be dramatic about everything she says.

I think she probably did one or two years of medical school in Nicaragua, but didn't finish.

At first, I thought Sonia looked nice in the dress, but then  I thought the bottom part was too clingy and it emphasized her butt and outer thighs a little too much. I wasn't a big fan of the cleavage either; I didn't think it was very flattering. But maybe men have a different opinion about that. ;)

7 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Just once I wanted to hear Nick tell Sonia he missed her.  He could have at least told her that he missed her and realized he was happier when she lived with him.  Instead he just told her it was her decision to move back and that everyone thought she should.  The guy obviously has no clue how to apologize or talk to anyone he has hurt with his words.  He is a jerk and she is better off without him. 

Same here! I wanted him to actually tell her that he missed her. Not just keep saying that she should move back in the house. Well, at least this time he said she looked beautiful, so that was a first. But that was it; no more compliments or an effort to touch her or anything.

1 hour ago, qtpye said:

Speaking of living in Miami, how are they making this vibrant place look like the most boring city in the world?  Nick and Sonia were in South Beach...there have been funerals with more excitement then their night out on the town.

LOL, I agree! Sonia mentioned going salsa dancing - that would have been more interesting! I was surprised they didn't do that.

Also, about the lack of A/C in the bus: Tom is such an ass about that, too. He doesn't deserve a giving person like Lilly.

45 minutes ago, operalover said:

I think Tom and Lilly may decide to stay together but break up within a few months. I really hate this show when they keep saying "we only have one week"- no you don't!!

I hate that, too. They make it sound like they HAVE TO make a decision or they'll be forced to stay together forever.

• Love 9

I don't think that either of these couples will make it long term but I think producers have edited out most of the positive interactions between Nick and Sonia and have edited out some of the negative stuff between Tom and Lilly.  Sonia and Nick so look at one another sweetly sometimes and they cut out the dialogue quite often when they seem to be having fun conversing with one another.  I think Tom and Lilly have had some serious fights but they've never really shown a one. 

I actually think the most telling thing I saw last night about the incompatibility of either of these couples was on Unfiltered.  Paraphrasing but Sonia thinks that a perfect partner is someone she can share everything with and Nick thinks that a perfect partner (or happily ever after or something to that effect) is knowing your partner so well that you don't have to communicate with them after a while, you'll "just know" when something is wrong.  Seems like a fundamental incompatibility to me.  To be fair to Nick, I think a lot of men, including my husband, would rather not dissect feelings all the time but don't as actively avoid any emotion like Nick does. 

Tom and Lilly just want totally different things out of life.   In credit to her, I think she sees it just as much as he does.  I would have thought because she's younger that she would be more in "la la land" than Tom but she's really not.  She's definitely sees some long-term issues with the two of them.  Way more mature than I thought at first.  Also thought it was really telling that Tom said he's not in love with Lilly. 

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Did I hear correctly that the bus has no A/C while driving?  Oh, Hell no!!!  Lilly is such a trooper (NOT a whiner)!  I say if Tom is so in luv with his bus they can keep it and use it as a weekend getaway thing, but it's time to grow up and live in a "real" house!  I think the reason that Tom is still single is that he probably starts off all his relationships on a high note because he knows all the right words and actions.  But when things start to look serious, women realize that Tom is not the settle down type and move on.

There is no one way to be.  Nobody has to have a "real" house or a "real" job if they don't want to.  But saying that, I do not understand why they paired Tom with someone like Lily.  Tom thought that Lily was materialistic, I don't know if Lily is materialistic, because she's young and when you're young you tend to think that material things will make you happy.  Some people want material things, house, car, even husband and kids, to show the world that they are "grown up."  Maybe Lily really is like that, but time will tell.

If I were one of the experts I probably would not have picked Tom, even if the bus were a very nice RV.  Not everybody wants that lifestyle, especially not a young woman who wants to start a family.  I think the problem with Tom is, he really hasn't embraced who he is; if he did he would have no problem finding a woman.  But he's saying he wants marriage and kids someday, but he's not willing to get rid of the bus because he doesn't want to lose himself.   To me it sounds like Tom can't really embrace who he is, no matter what he says.

As for Nick, I don't understand why people think he's gay/bi/in the closet.  I said it last week, he's a child.  He has ZERO relationship skills; the only way a person develops relationship skills is if they see them modeled or if they get therapy or something like that.  We're not born knowing how to navigate relationships.  Nick had no idea of the magnitude of his words.  He really doesn't get why Sonia doesn't want to move back in with him; I don't think he's being smug or an asshole, I think he has no idea at all.  Maybe his friends are thick skinned, of maybe he's had a lot of relationships that only last a couple of months. 

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, amola said:

Also a little concerned that Tom didn't seem to have any seat belts on the bus, especially for him .  I know the buses I ride on always have a seat belt for the driver. 

My guess is they likely switched out the normal chest belt for a lap belt -- the chest belt could interfere with the body mike and cause crazy white noise just from the belt pressing against you.

Tom and Lily -- yeah....either we are getting red herringed, or they used the 'we are just like two peas in a pod' to counteract the Heather/Derek fire-breathing loathing of each other.

• Love 2

Does Sonia really live at her own home or staying somewhere else?  When she woke up in the morning before she met up with Nick, there was a twin bed beside her and didn't look like a bedroom for a woman who has her own apartment.  Also, the bedspread and pillow cover appeared to be commercial linen.

• Love 2

Nick says they have done a year's worth in five weeks.  Really?  Other than bathing the dogs, what have they done?

At least Tom and Lilly seem like they are having fun, Nick and Sonia are just boring me!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, withanaich said:

Yep that is the problem. They are matching for max drama. They aren't matching to really find people that may actually work out in the end. I will say that living in Southern California, you need to have a/c. Especially if you are in land. I grew up inland but live about a mile from the beach now and even here there are many days we could use the a/c but most homes/apartments do not have them. You depend on the ocean breeze but when we get the humid crappy summers like we did last year or the Santa Ana winds kick in we need that a/c. There is no way I would be living in a place here inland without a/c and I couldn't imagine living in a place like Florida without it either. 

5 hours ago, TVwatcher35 said:

Did anyone notice that one voice-over by expert Rachel that was decently long but ALL edited and chopped together from different conversations? How can they get away with constantly doing that? Do they think we don't notice? My 8 year old cousin probably could have done a better job.

I wouldn't be surprised if she left medical school there before coming here because she found out she would have to go through it all over again here if she went that way. I don't think many in other countries understand you can't just go to school like that in another country and then come to a place like here expecting to do that job. Schooling is different. My MIL and I were just talking about this the other day for a different reason. Her dentist had come here from Iran. She had gone to school there for it and when she came here she had to go through schooling again in order to be a dentist in the U.S. Which she did do. So I will guess maybe Lily realized it would have been to much and decided to not finish in Nicaragua since she was coming here...which then she decided to not go to school for it here. Who knows why though in the end though really unless she says. I don't know how old she was but I think she has been in the U.S. longer than she may let on. 

I have said it so many times not but this show's editing is the worse I have ever seen. I am taking it they think we don't notice and they don't see on forums and anywhere else that the viewers do notice...and we don't just noticed..we REALLY notice it and how badly it is. Heck they took 2 different THs of Sonia's and used them that were saying similar things but she had on different outfits and hair was done differently. I guess we aren't suppose to notice though in their eyes all the bad edits and the bad scripts the "experts" read off of being sliced and diced. LOL

9 hours ago, LakeGal said:

See he is telling her how EVERYONE says she should move back in. As if she should do this because EVERYONE else says/thinks she should. Nothing as usual about why she moved out and his behavior in everything. I think he has no clue how to apologize or what that even is because, as I said before, he is used to having his mommy clean up after him in situations where he is in the wrong. From things like that happening he has never learned he was in the wrong. He has never been taught what he did was wrong in situations and how to say he was sorry for things. He will never say he is sorry and mean it. He only gave a crappy so called apology in front of the Pastor when it was said. He doesn't do stuff unless he is told to it seems like. Which he didn't even mean since what he said was the truth. He has issues he needs to deal with and should have never been picked for this show. Yet it comes back to the fact that it does seem to be the "experts" pick whoever in hopes of max drama and nothing else. 

28 minutes ago, hawk09 said:

Does Sonia really live at her own home or staying somewhere else?  When she woke up in the morning before she met up with Nick, there was a twin bed beside her and didn't look like a bedroom for a woman who has her own apartment.  Also, the bedspread and pillow cover appeared to be commercial linen.

I think she lives in her own home. The way it looks is the stupid shows editing and them probably not wanting or able to film much in her's for some reason. So they use his place for the fake wake up shots. 

24 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

Nick says they have done a year's worth in five weeks.  Really?  Other than bathing the dogs, what have they done?

At least Tom and Lilly seem like they are having fun, Nick and Sonia are just boring me!

I don't think Nick knows what he is yapping about. I think he is just mumbling out crap while he drinks and thinks it will sound good on tv while making it look like he is all in and "trying". Yet we all know he hasn't done anything but get drunk and tell her things that either a) were not about what was being discussed but said to be hurtful or b) said to just be straight out hurtful because he couldn't keep it in any longer while drunk that he can't stand Sonia. I would bet she was just as bored doing this with him as we have been watching them. LOL 

• Love 6

Wait, Sonia is wearing her freakum dress with all that body-ody-ody, and Nick is wearing jeans, a t-shirt, a hoodie, and sneakers?! He couldn't put on a dress shirt?

I would have been pissed! I make an effort to look good and you wear jeans and a hoodie??

Change MF!!

No hand holding,no hugs (one weird goodbye one) no nothing from Nick. Go with your instinct and run!!

Tom needs to move to CA and find some Vapid Surfer chick - Totally!

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

See he is telling her how EVERYONE says she should move back in. As if she should do this because EVERYONE else says/thinks she should. Nothing as usual about why she moved out and his behavior in everything. I think he has no clue how to apologize or what that even is because, as I said before, he is used to having his mommy clean up after him in situations where he is in the wrong. From things like that happening he has never learned he was in the wrong. He has never been taught what he did was wrong in situations and how to say he was sorry for things. He will never say he is sorry and mean it. He only gave a crappy so called apology in front of the Pastor when it was said. He doesn't do stuff unless he is told to it seems like. Which he didn't even mean since what he said was the truth. He has issues he needs to deal with and should have never been picked for this show. Yet it comes back to the fact that it does seem to be the "experts" pick whoever in hopes of max drama and nothing else. 

I agree with this about Nick.  I don't think he has any clue how to deal with relationships.  Maybe his mother always told him he was perfect and has no need to change.  I look at Nick and he really has NO IDEA that what he said to Sonia was hurtful.  He can't say he's sorry because he doesn't think he did anything wrong.

I think Nick wants to get married because he wants someone to take care of him; a woman like his mother.  He would only take from a relationship.  He wants Sonia to move back so he can continue taking from her. 

I don't think Nick was wrong in his attire, but Sonia was WAY overdressed, this isn't formal night on the Queen Mary II. 

Regarding Tom: 

15 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

Tom needs to move to CA and find some Vapid Surfer chick - Totally!

I really don't understand why when a person doesn't want to live a "conventional" lifestyle, people complain and get upset with them.  It reminds me of a show I saw years ago where there were these club kids and people in the audience were screaming at them like they were a bunch of mass murderers.  I was like, damn, maybe some of these people are projecting their anger at THEIR lifestyle choices, at these kids who really weren't hurting anybody. 

• Love 2