Type keyword(s) to search

Grimm Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

SimoneS

So, Nick and Meisner are going to finally meet. Great now maybe they can sort out all of this resistance stuff/mystical claw of the known Wesen group out. Although, knowing this show we will probably end up only getting more half-ass answers. 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1

THERE IS AN EFFING 20-FOOT TALL CGI RAT! 

(Pardonnez ma francais, but CRAP!)

What the ever-living hell are these people thinking?

What?  You don't believe that Rats of Unusual Size exist?

I watched the promo and it was so cheesy.  I thought that I was re-watching Zoo.

The ROUS is either a reference to The Prince Bride or to the Nutcracker.  Either way, these writers don't even care what they write.  This episode won't be anything good like Danse Macabre. 

I'll watch because I'm hoping that it's as cheesy as the Zoo summer series.

• Love 1

What?  You don't believe that Rats of Unusual Size exist?

I watched the promo and it was so cheesy.  I thought that I was re-watching Zoo.

The ROUS is either a reference to The Prince Bride or to the Nutcracker.  Either way, these writers don't even care what they write.  This episode won't be anything good like Danse Macabre. 

I'll watch because I'm hoping that it's as cheesy as the Zoo summer series.

Could this be a reference to Stephen King's Graveyard Shift?

• Love 1

It's about time for a Monroe-centered episode....  Maybe all the Adalind foolishness will be done by then....

Now, I am really looking forward for this episode (and hoping that all this Adalind stuff will be behind us and/or the writers just write both Adalind and Kelly into the background).

• Love 2
My son and I also looked at each other with our mouths agape when it was FINALLY shown , after 4+ years! what a Wesen sees in a Grimm's eyes.

I've seen a lot of people (happily) shocked that they actually showed what a Grimm's eyes look like to a woged wesen.  There are, as far as I can tell, 3 big things that viewers active in discussions in social media have been wanting answered/resolved.

1 - What does a wesen see in a Grimm's eyes - checked that one off the list

2 - The keys - that will be checked off the list on March 4, 2016

3 - WHY WON'T THEY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ADALIND RAPED NICK?   I have a feeling we're going to get a "The More You Know" episode soon on this one...

Ooh, and there is a 4th one...but they're saving that one for February sweeps.  

Edited by OtterMommy

3 - WHY WON'T THEY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ADALIND RAPED NICK?   I have a feeling we're going to get a "The More You Know" episode soon on this one...

From your lips to God's (or the writers') ears.  Followed by Nick saying "We can have a truce for the sake of our son, but we will never be friends, and if you do something evil again, you are dead."

• Love 2

The quick fix was to have Adalind die on the OR table along with Kelly Jr.!  No muss, no fuss, and we find out that Momma Kelly is still alive with Diana, and Juliette really IS dead, dead!!!!!!!!!!!!1

They are about to kiss but ohnoes they are interrupted? I laughed so hard at this. Thanks, OtterMommy. It seems the show is officially a soap now.

Is it bad that I want them to kiss and the show to implode? :D As someone who has quit watching what feels like ages ago, I'm filled with malicious glee that it is indeed meeting the worst expectations, and every episode just brings it closer to cancellation, with the show runners riding the dead horse into the sunset. (Yeah, I'm an awful person.)

Edited by Crim
  • Love 2

I don't know what you guys are talking about.  That's a picture of Adalind making some evil threat to Nick, and Nick thinking he's going to take her out once and for all.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Love 2

I don't know what you guys are talking about.  That's a picture of Adalind making some evil threat to Nick, and Nick thinking he's going to take her out once and for all.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I hope so. Although, for all we know it's just Adalind and Nick talking really quietly?

• Love 2

They are about to kiss but ohnoes they are interrupted? I laughed so hard at this. Thanks, OtterMommy. It seems the show is officially a soap now.

Is it bad that I want them to kiss and the show to implode? :D As someone who has quit watching what feels like ages ago, I'm filled with malicious glee that it is indeed meeting the worst expectations, and every episode just brings it closer to cancellation, with the show runners riding the dead horse into the sunset. (Yeah, I'm an awful person.)

Replying in the Everything Wrong thread....

I hope so. Although, for all we know it's just Adalind and Nick talking really quietly?

To be honest that's exactly what that looks like to me. It's doesn't look remotely sexual or intimate to me. Wishful thinking? Could be *shrugs*

• Love 1

I'd wish, but these writers can't take any real risks unfortunately.

TULLOCH | When Eve is out on missions, she can’t run into somebody who worked with [Juliette] at the veterinary practice, or a friend, because they all think she’s dead.

Oh?  The staff at the clinic even know she was killed?  WHEN did they find out?  How was "no dead body" explained?  This is so fucking stupid.

Edited because anger makes you type sloppily.

Edited by Prevailing Wind
  • Love 5

This probably belongs in the Juliette thread, but since the whole thing about her now being "Eve" was mentioned in the article Stacey posted and not in the episode, I thought I should keep it here.

First of all, I hate when they change character's names in shows.  In AoS, we have Daisy, formerly known as Skye.  Now we have Eve, formerly known as Juliette.

And keeping on that...both women went through a transformation and now have badass powers.  And new names.  And are now leaders in some sort of secret group out to protect humanity.  I wasn't too keen on this plot in AoS, and I'm less keen on it now.

Between this and Juliette Silverton: the Winter Soldier, I'm surprised they haven't started just slapping "Marvel" in the opening credits.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 1

So, apparently, all of Juliette's friends and co-workers believed she was dead....I'm not sure how they knew that, but it has been decreed that we must accept it.

Granted, I didn't watch for several seasons, but Juliette had friends and co-workers on the show after S1, outside Nick's gang ?

I find it weird that they give so much information about the character before it is actually explained/developped on the show. I'm under the impression that usually, the post-mortem interviews are more about rehashing what happened onscreen/giving insights, and playing coy in the vein of "keep watching and you'll see". I wonder why.

So, I guess that "not the same character" means that Version 2.0 won't be held responsible for setting up the Grimmbago on fire and Kelly to die. Yeah, no.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 2

It is obvious that the writers are backpedaling hard on Juliette by making her some kind of new character. They probably never expected such massive backlash and hate towards Juliette and the actress after what they had her do, burning the trailer and setting up Nick's mom to be beheaded. These are absolutely unforgivable acts.

People are still pissed at Adalind for all the crimes she had committed against the main cast over the years, even if the writers have tried badly to sweep all of that under a carpet.

Yes, I hold the writers completely responsible for how awful season 4 was. BT was just doing a job, not a good job, but the showrunners absolutely should have known that BT wasn't capable of handling such dramatic material like the plot of a human slowly going insane turning into a Hexenbiest.

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 3

Juliette's transformation is basically a twist on what happened when the character of Fred died on Angel, a show which Greenwalt co-produced. On Angel, Fred dies and they had a dead powerful spirit take over her body, so the actress played a completely different character in Fred's body with her memories which threw the man who loved her into turmoil.

It is a good way to get past what Juliette did so she and Nick can start over. I knew that this triangle was coming and since I have low expectations from these showrunners, I give them kudos for coming up with this character reboot.

Edited by SimoneS
TVLINE | How much will we see Eve, moving forward?

GREENWALT | You’ll see her in every episode, doing something.

KOUF | But not necessarily as part of the gang.

This is the part I really didn't like.  This show is Grimm, not Eve/Juliette/Bitsie, but Grimm.  She's supposed to be a secondary character, they tried to make her more prominent and failed.  Why are they trying again?

• Love 5

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/11/the-spoilertv-daily-newsreel-7th.html

So, apparently there is another character death coming up.  I vote for Adalind!!!!!  (Yeah, like THAT is going to happen!)I't

After last nights episode, I'm taking a wait and see approach. But after the Juliette / Eve shenanigans, all I can say is I'm out - done if they kill any of the following: Monroe, Rosalee, Hank, Wu, Theresa, Renard, Meisner, or Bud; or Nick I guess. So that leaves Eve or Adalind. I'll be especially pissed if they get rid of Hank or Wu because they have become my absolute favs. 

Edited by ShellsandCheese

This is the part I really didn't like.  This show is Grimm, not Eve/Juliette/Bitsie, but Grimm.  She's supposed to be a secondary character, they tried to make her more prominent and failed.  Why are they trying again?

BT is dating the show's male lead and is probably a nice person, but her character should NOT be on this show any more!

After last nights episode, I'm taking a wait and see approach. But after the Juliette / Eve shenanigans, all I can say is I'm out - done if they kill any of the following: Monroe, Rosalee, Hank, Wu, Theresa, Renard, Meisner, or Bud; or Nick I guess. So that leaves Eve or Adalind. I'll be especially pissed if they get rid of Hank or Wu because they have become my absolute favs. 

Whatshername should have stayed dead.  Adalind could have died in childbirth along with her baby.  Nick could be free and single for a while.

Juliette's transformation is basically a twist on what happened when the character of Fred died on Angel, a show which Greenwalt co-produced. On Angel, Fred dies and they had a dead powerful spirit take over her body, so the actress played a completely different character in Fred's body with her memories which threw the man who loved her into turmoil.

Minor point but Greenwalt had no responsibility for that Fred/Ilaria plot. Greenwalt left Angel at the end of S3 due to a contract dispute with FOX.

Minor point but Greenwalt had no responsibility for that Fred/Ilaria plot. Greenwalt left Angel at the end of S3 due to a contract dispute with FOX.

I know this. It is still my opinion that based on the spoiler about Juliette that Greenwalt's transformation of Juliette was influenced by what was done to Fred on Angel. 

OK...so Juliette is now "Eve" - with all J's memories, but none of her emotions.  (WHAT emotions?)  Are we taking bets whether or not her middle initial is "L" ??  EveL Silverton.  Unless she's changed her last name to Hexenbiest.  EveL Hexenbiest.  Oh, yeah, BT - you're SO bad ass, I can hardly contain my awe.  Not.

• Love 6
OK...so Juliette is now "Eve" - with all J's memories, but none of her emotions.

At least they are finally playing to the actress's strength.  No expression, robotic manner...it was the role she was born to play!

• Love 4

I still can't believe we lost MEM to this...wallpaper.

I've watched "Limitless" twice now and MEM's totally wasted in the part.  In fact, even Tulloch could do the part.  It's a completely stupid show.

Edited because typing & Nyquil don't mix.

Edited by Prevailing Wind

OK...so Juliette is now "Eve" - with all J's memories, but none of her emotions.  (WHAT emotions?)  Are we taking bets whether or not her middle initial is "L" ??  EveL Silverton.  Unless she's changed her last name to Hexenbiest.  EveL Hexenbiest.  Oh, yeah, BT - you're SO bad ass, I can hardly contain my awe.  Not.

That somehow sounds even worse then her 'evil' self.

Thank goodness the bad redheaded actress on Sleepy Hollow wasn't sleeping with Tom Mison.

Speaking of which, it will be on Fridays so I can easily ditch this show.  At the very least, this show tried to reboot/fix the problems in this series unlike Grimm which only compounded on them with the contrived Adalind romance and now this laughable new Juliette plot, and the "war" has been so poorly executed and handled.

I've watched "Limitless" twice now and MEM's totally wasted in the part.

I can't blame MEM for wanting to leave, staying on Grimm didn't do much either way since she already had limited screentime as it was.

And at least they built her up as a bad-ass.

She had actual build up unlike Juliette being forced into yet another role she's not capable of pulling off.

Edited by Free
  • Love 1

I guess bland is the new "bad-ass."

At least Daisy was born Daisy. She gave herself the name Skye, which was a more bad-ass name, while Daisy sounds significantly less so. Like, she's running around in her bondage outfit (see, Arrow) and being called Daisy. And at least they built her up as a bad-ass. She was trained in fighting, etc., before the transformation, which just gave her powers and did not suddenly make her a ninja. She had backstory and growth.

Yes, now they'll have a reason for the awesome Juliette, errr.. EVE.L. character to have something more to do than Google, and I'm thrilled, So much so, I'm going to do the OtterMommy and not watch the show if she's featured prominently. I refuse to support David's squeeze. Thank goodness the bad redheaded actress on Sleepy Hollow wasn't sleeping with Tom Mison.

I still can't believe we lost MEM to this...wallpaper.

Moving to the Everything Wrong thread....

Anyone heard any reliable rumors about the future of Grimm? My sister mentioned that she heard it was "on the chopping block", but didn't specify where she got that rumor. I told her I wouldn't be surprised though.

Then I asked her a question about OUaT (she's a BIG fan and I gave it up 2 years ago because it was so convoluted it made my head hurt) and she said "I don't know the answer to that. I'm really confused and lost with the stories in that show".

And she finds it humorous that I'm sticking with my silly show until the bitter end.

So, apparently OUaT hides a lot of stupidity in complex, convoluted storylines that bounce back and forth in time.

And then there is Grimm- where they are obvious with the Stupid. Which, come to think of it, is starting to make my head hurt also.

Edited by neuromom
  • Love 1

Anyone heard any reliable rumors about the future of Grimm? My sister mentioned that she heard it was "on the chopping block", but didn't specify where she got that rumor. I told her I wouldn't be surprised though.

There are a number of sites that keep a "cancellation table" where they track shows' ratings and their likelihood to be renewed.  Most of them have Grimm as being "in trouble." 

I like SpoilerTV's...just because I like that site AND I like how they put everything on one page, but here it is:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/08/spoilertv-cancellation-predictor-table.html

TVLine also has one, which is more optimistic about Grimm:

http://tvline.com/2015/10/16/renewed-tv-shows-2016-renewal-scorecard-cancelled-series/4/(goes to NBC page)

But, no official word from the network.  My guess is that we'll hear in the spring.

• Love 2

Thanks, OtterMommy. I figured you would have the scoop! :-) I was excited to see the optimistic rating on TVline...until I realized it was dated in October - before ratings started tanking further. The SpoilerTV rating. Is probably the more reliable one, as it is dated this week. And I think those of us who watch Grimm (or follow on the boards) would agree with the assessment of it being "in trouble". (Which Truble probably cannot save)

• Love 3

Thanks, OtterMommy. I figured you would have the scoop! :-) I was excited to see the optimistic rating on TVline...until I realized it was dated in October - before ratings started tanking further. The SpoilerTV rating. Is probably the more reliable one, as it is dated this week. And I think those of us who watch Grimm (or follow on the boards) would agree with the assessment of it being "in trouble". (Which Truble probably cannot save)

Yes, and sadly, kind of preventable trouble I think.  This is one that didn't have to go as downhill as it did.  It wasn't broken, and they went and 'fixed' it. 

• Love 4

Then I asked her a question about OUaT (she's a BIG fan and I gave it up 2 years ago because it was so convoluted it made my head hurt) and she said "I don't know the answer to that. I'm really confused and lost with the stories in that show".

And she finds it humorous that I'm sticking with my silly show until the bitter end.

So, apparently OUaT hides a lot of stupidity in complex, convoluted storylines that bounce back and forth in time.

And then there is Grimm- where they are obvious with the Stupid. Which, come to think of it, is starting to make my head hurt also.

It's because of Grimm's rating decline, otherwise it could go either way so far.

As for both OUAT and Grimm, I've given up on both shows this season after tolerating its problems in previous seasons.

• Love 2

TVByTheNumbers.com's Cancellation Bear has Grimm at 'likely to be renewed' in this week's end-of-the-year post, so there  is that too...

• Love 2