Type keyword(s) to search

Grimm Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

SimoneS

6 hours ago, Darklazr said:

This show is way past skeevy and has moved on to just being nasty as hell.

The more we talk about this the more I feel vaguely dirty for watching it. >>

4 hours ago, Darklazr said:

LOL.  Sorry.

We should demand an apology from everyone involved with this show for making the first season good and interesting, because otherwise I can't imagine any of us would even still be watching in the first place. Deceptive business practices! Fraud, I say! Fraud!

• Love 4

I don't think Diana even knows about sex, she probably thinks putting the dolls together will make her parents kiss which she has seen other adults do.  Maybe the sex is an unexpected side effect? Just speculating.

Then again she does know about death as evidenced by wrapping Rachel in a sheet.

I was just on Facebook, where I caught the end of a live chat with Bitsie.  She says that the Finale is more action-packed then any other episode. And that it "answers questions"  and ends things in a way that she believes won't make us upset in having to wait for the next season. She also said that it was the show runners idea to change her character into a vet, because being a baker "didn't serve the show well" ( or something like that ). She did say she talks A LOT about her dog, and that may be where it came from, but the showrunners' idea.  I only put that in there because I think I read on boards  where people complained that Bitsie  made the decision to change her character . 

Anyway, as she was reading quickly through the comments and questions, one of them was "is Kelly your son?"  She kind of Grinned a little and looked a little uncomfortable, but quickly moved onto the next question without addressing it. 

She also said something was going to happen with MonRosalie that would make fans happy....

what little I saw of her,  he really does seem like a very nice down-to-earth person . 

• Love 1

Whenever anyone from this show says something is going to be awesome, it ends up being JuliEve levels of bad, so, I'm expecting the worst. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lii said:

Whenever anyone from this show says something is going to be awesome, it ends up being JuliEve levels of bad, so, I'm expecting the worst.

It usually is, what a complete waste of time with this nonsense.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

http://tvline.com/gallery/2016-fall-tv-spoilers-photos-ncis-grimm-jane-the-virgin/#!11/grimm-season-5/

This brought 2 thoughts to my mind:

1 - They are going to try to get more episodes out of this season

2 - They have no fucking clue what they are doing

We have a magical ten year old that killed two people and is trying to get her parents to fuck.   We have the magic hat being smoked by not dead Juliette Eve and Nick, Hank, Wu, Monroe and Rosalie have yet to connect the dots that something may be wrong with Renard?

I dropped Once Upon a Time and Sleepy Hollow after the first three episodes of 2015/2016, because the shows were off the rails and a waste my time.  

If Grimm wants more episodes they need to close out 100 plot holes from s1 - s5 and then find new writers or at least ones that can tell a cohesive storyline.  What happened to Billy Trump and Lucien characters?!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Darklazr said:

We have a magical ten year old that killed two people and is trying to get her parents to fuck.   We have the magic hat being smoked by not dead Juliette Eve and Nick, Hank, Wu, Monroe and Rosalie have yet to connect the dots that something may be wrong with Renard?

I dropped Once Upon a Time and Sleepy Hollow after the first three episodes of 2015/2016, because the shows were off the rails and a waste my time.  

If Grimm wants more episodes they need to close out 100 plot holes from s1 - s5 and then find new writers or at least ones that can tell a cohesive storyline.  What happened to Billy Trump and Lucien characters?!

Started a reply and then realized it needs to go in the wishlist thread...

If they're going to make a major plot point of the stick, too bad they couldn't have called it something other than the stick.  Or made it something other than the stick.  It's kind of emblematic of where they are in their writing - they're sticking it to the viewers.

• Love 1

I don't usually read spoilers, but I've been coming across a lot of suggestions that Meisner might not be dead in a permanent way. The speculation seems to all go back to this segment of an interview with the executive producers:

TVLINE: Damien Puckler, who plays Meisner, has been with the show since Season 3. What was his reaction when he found out his character was being killed?
KOUF:  We actually forgot.
GREENWALT:  We forgot to let him know! He found out when he got the script.
KOUF:  We were so busy writing the last two that we didn’t realize when he got the script.
GREENWALT:  He got it before we thought he was gonna get it. He’s a tremendous guy. For one thing, he does all his own stunts. You hear people claim that, but he actually does it… He took it really well. We don’t know how, but we would hope that he’s not gone forever. But these things have to happen.

The second to last sentence, of course, is key. But I included the rest of the segment for context. This seems to me to be very weak evidence that Meisner will return from the dead. It seems more like the producers are very fond of Puckler, and hope they might find a way to work him into the remaining episodes. But that could be in a flashback more easily than in a resurrection scenario. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, tpel said:

I don't usually read spoilers, but I've been coming across a lot of suggestions that Meisner might not be dead in a permanent way. The speculation seems to all go back to this segment of an interview with the executive producers:

The second to last sentence, of course, is key. But I included the rest of the segment for context. This seems to me to be very weak evidence that Meisner will return from the dead. It seems more like the producers are very fond of Puckler, and hope they might find a way to work him into the remaining episodes. But that could be in a flashback more easily than in a resurrection scenario. 

Truble steals the stick while Nick's back is turned and uses it on a dead Meisner, end of story.  Meisner is now alive and well and folks start to wonder how and that is when the "stick" story really heats up!  Nick is furious because Meisner has now used the "stick" on the other dead HW folks and wants to keep it for their purposes.  Trubel tries to get the "stick" back but it is now out of the Grimm's hands and into HW's.

^^^ Oh, I'm not saying it COULDN'T be done. Obviously, the stick is an option. But I take calling something a "spoiler" to indicate that it is something beyond mere speculation, rather, that there is some evidence that the event WILL occur on the show. In this context, I think the "spoiler" that Meisner may be back smacks a bit of wishful thinking. I'm wishing for it too, of course, but I like to segregate my hopes from things I have good reason to anticipate :-)

By the way, the idea of a Hadrian's Wall zombie army is all kinds of awesome!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, tpel said:

^^^ Oh, I'm not saying it COULDN'T be done. Obviously, the stick is an option. But I take calling something a "spoiler" to indicate that it is something beyond mere speculation, rather, that there is some evidence that the event WILL occur on the show. In this context, I think the "spoiler" that Meisner may be back smacks a bit of wishful thinking. I'm wishing for it too, of course, but I like to segregate my hopes from things I have good reason to anticipate :-)

By the way, the idea of a Hadrian's Wall zombie army is all kinds of awesome!

Oops.  I got a little carried away with my comments.  

GREENWALT:  He got it before we thought he was gonna get it. He’s a tremendous guy. For one thing, he does all his own stunts. You hear people claim that, but he actually does it… He took it really well. We don’t know how, but we would hope that he’s not gone forever. But these things have to happen.

I'm taking that last sentence (emphasis mine) as the sign that the death is permanent.  And I hope it is, I am fed up with people popping back to life on this and other shows.  It just gets silly, death is rendered meaningless, why bother, where is the impact, etc.  The stick and its healing powers are sort of semi-interesting, but not if it's going to be waved around like a magic wand.  I'm already rolling my eyes so hard at this show that my ocular health is at risk. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm torn. I agree with you, ShadowFacts, that repeatedly reversing character deaths makes them kind of meaningless. But I'm with Darklazr in wanting my Meisner back. I mean, it's going to be a kind of crappy show anyway, right? So why not be a crappy show that occasionally gives us Meisner's signature beautifully badass fight scenes? As for what will happen, my guess is that the death is permanent. A flashback next season would make me happy, but I'm not holding my breath on it. I just hope the positive comments about Puckler result in him getting other acting jobs.

Edited by tpel
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, tpel said:

I'm torn. I agree with you, ShadowFacts, that repeatedly reversing character deaths makes them kind of meaningless. But I'm with Darklazr in wanting my Meisner back. I mean, it's going to be a kind of crappy show anyway, right? So why not be a crappy show that occasionally gives us Meisner's signature beautifully badass fight scenes? As for what will happen, my guess is that the death is permanent. A flashback next season would make me happy, but I'm not holding my breath on it. I just hope the positive comments about Puckler result in him getting other acting jobs.

Yeah, it's already kind of crappy, and on its last legs.  So Meisner would be nice to have, inasmuch as several characters have been ruined or watered down or missing (Bud? oh Bud where are you?).  But I think he's gone gone, and maybe Damian is soon to be employed elsewhere, because let's face it, a body double or stuntman wouldn't be needed with him, he's like a two-fer. 

Damian's IMDB page shows where he just finished a gig, so I have my fingers and toes crossed that he's back from the dead on Grimm.  If we only end up with 13 episodes, Meisner and Adalind can run off with Diana who it turns out is Eric's kid, Juliette can just die, and Nick can raise Kelly Jr. with Momma Grimm and company!

• Love 1
On 6/13/2016 at 6:54 PM, Darklazr said:

Juliette was dead and the IIC brought her back and Meisner was at least a badass, so I vote that Trubel use the stick and at least give us some eye candy.

Well, if Juliette's bad ass could come back, and Meisner was a badass even before he died, clearly badassery is the key to zombiefication. 

No seriously though, please don't. There are already too many characters on this show that the writers don't care about. Unless he comes back as a hexenbiest, the writers will just ignore him again. There's no point.

• Love 1
(edited)

Elizabeth Tulloch released a picture of the season 6 script front page.  It's titled "The Fugitive" and they start filming in early August.

Edited by OtterMommy
An attempt to sound like a nicer person than I probably am....
  • Love 1
(edited)

Recently (about 2 weeks ago), the artist formerly known as Bitsie formally changed her professional name to Elizabeth Tulloch.  On one hand, I'm not sure why she would do that now, at this point in her career, when she does have a fairly decent sized body of work under "Bitsie."  On the other hand, as an adult, I also switched from being called what I considered a "childish" nickname to my full name (although my family and long-time friends still use that nickname), so I do understand it from that point of view.

And, yes, it is nice that we no longer have 2 BT's on this show....

Edited by OtterMommy
"formerly" and "formally" are not the same word...
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

Recently (about 2 weeks ago), the artist formerly known as Bitsie formally changed her professional name to Elizabeth Tulloch.  On one hand, I'm not sure why she would do that now, at this point in her career, when she does have a fairly decent sized body of work under "Bitsie."  On the other hand, as an adult, I also switched from being called what I considered a "childish" nickname to my full name (although my family and long-time friends still use that nickname), so I do understand it from that point of view.

And, yes, it is nice that we no longer have 2 BT's on this show....

Now that you mention it, it's really not that odd -- I myself did something similar to what you did.  Why should an actor be any different.  She has a fairly memorable or distinctive face which probably doesn't hurt in her business, either.  I read somewhere that Bitsie isn't even a variation on Elizabeth in her case, it was her grandfather's wartime nickname or something like that. 

• Love 2

Are there any spoilers for this show yet? I honestly can't care about it without knowing in advance what garbage is going to be paraded across my screen so as to be able to prepare myself. I know no one else cares either, though, so it's not like I expect anyone to have actually looked up spoilers on purpose or anything. 

1 hour ago, Lii said:

Are there any spoilers for this show yet? I honestly can't care about it without knowing in advance what garbage is going to be paraded across my screen so as to be able to prepare myself. I know no one else cares either, though, so it's not like I expect anyone to have actually looked up spoilers on purpose or anything. 

So far:

1 - The title of the first episode is "The Fugitive"

2- The stick will figure prominently (keep in mind, they said that about the keys for 4 seasons)

3 - Nick will "finally" choose between Juilette and Adalind ("finally" is the word use in the source...)

4 - Filming starts in early August and the premiere is October 28

Those are the only official spoilers out so far.

• Love 3

Lololol, that's the Grimm we all know and love. As in, total bullshit island. Is there a regular-TV-show version of wrestlecrap? TVcrap? Is that a thing? Is it too early to induct this show into the hall of fame?

I'm envisioning them using their last 13 episodes of life to do the things that are REALLY important. You know, like deciding once and for all who lands where in Musical Hexenbeds, and adding another baby to the show. 

I do wonder who will be fugitive-ing from whom. Like, will the various tunnel groups be fleeing from Renard? Will Renard be fleeing from Nick? Will EVERYONE be fleeing from the terrifying hexenchild of death? Will the writers be fleeing from the plot threads they started last season?

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Lii said:

I'm envisioning them using their last 13 episodes of life to do the things that are REALLY important. You know, like deciding once and for all who lands where in Musical Hexenbeds, and adding another baby to the show. 

Well, we do know that they ARE adding another baby!

From what I've read, it really sounds like they are going to make a play to extend the season past 13 episodes....which means that there is a very high likelihood that the series will end with unresolved plots galore.  

• Love 2

How lame. I could rant about disrespecting the fanbase or something, but really, I think at this point all the fanbase expects is shenanigans, plot holes and hexencrap, so I guess good job? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, OtterMommy said:

Well, we do know that they ARE adding another baby!

From what I've read, it really sounds like they are going to make a play to extend the season past 13 episodes....which means that there is a very high likelihood that the series will end with unresolved plots galore.  

A third baby, in addition to Kelly and Diana?  Oh, noes!!

I want the show to go on for the entire Grimm crew.  However, the writers will clearly never be replaced and that is part of the major issue at least for me when it comes to having close to 115 plot holes!

Nick should not choose Adalind or not dead Juliette Eve, let him be a single father that co-parents with Kelly's mother.

My sexy pants Renard needs his head back on straight!

(edited)
On 7/8/2016 at 1:34 PM, SnarkyTart said:

A third baby, in addition to Kelly and Diana?  Oh, noes!!

Yes, in the will be Monroe/Rosalee pup (which I'm not opposed to generally, but this show has a terrible track record with babies and I don't trust them to give Monroe and Rosalee a drama-free pregnancy and baby).

On 7/8/2016 at 6:19 PM, Darklazr said:

I want the show to go on for the entire Grimm crew.  However, the writers will clearly never be replaced and that is part of the major issue at least for me when it comes to having close to 115 plot holes!

I agree with this.  I think that if NBC had the cajones to replace Kouf/Greenwalt/Carpenter, they would have a shot and getting this show back on its feet (personally, I would forgive any weird revelations/plot twists/retcons the new writers would have to do to get it back on track). As it is now, it is a dead show walking.

On 7/8/2016 at 6:19 PM, Darklazr said:

Nick should not choose Adalind or not dead Juliette Eve, let him be a single father that co-parents with Kelly's mother.

If I had any say in this, my choices in order would be:

1- Nick not have a love interest
2 - Nick have a completely new (to him and to the show) love interest
And, since there is absolutely no way the twits behind this show would let either of these happen...

3 - Nick and Juliette reunite
4 - Nick gets together with any Trubel or Rosalee
5 - Nick switches teams and gets together with any of the guys on the show
6 - They wipe Nick completely off the show
7 - Nick and Adalind continue with their ridiculous house-playing

I do get the Juliette hatred, even though I don't really share it.  I think, plot-wise, they should have left her dead after season 4 (I think a show should only be able to bring one character back from the dead and they already did that with Kelly.  Plus, the character assassination provide a pretty monumental hurdle to overcome). But, the Nick/Adalind thing is just wrong, both on the level that it flows in the face of anyone who values consent but also because it runs contrary to 4 years of episodes....and it was all pretty much done on a dime.

K/G/C (er, one of them) has said in the past that Nick and Juliette are endgame--obviously, these guys have an interesting take on being true to their words.  But, if we have to sit through a dumbass Nick/Juliette/Adalind love triangle, which the spoilers clearly indicate, I hope they were telling the truth.

Oh, and @Lii...one other official spoiler.  Juliette is apparently going to deal with "a lot of guilt."  So, you know....THAT is something that we all want to see.....ugh.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 2

Nick going back to Juliette after she had his mother and the neighbor's killed is right up the writer's alley and that is a shame.   Nick should want more for himself than Adalind OR Juliette!

I agree Nick should either be single or have a brand spanking new love interest that is NOT connected to anyone on the show.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

If I had any say in this, my choices in order would be:

And, since there is absolutely no way the twits behind this show would let either of these happen...

3 - Nick and Juliette reunite
4 - Nick gets together with any Trubel or Rosalee
5 - Nick switches teams and gets together with any of the guys on the show

I like these options, but I would change the order a bit for my idea.

3 - Nick switches teams and gets together with any of the guys on the show
4 - Nick gets together with Trubel or Rosalee or any other female character on the show
5 - Nick and Juliette reunite

• Love 2

Just saw DG posting a live feed on Facebook. He did spoil that Bud is on for at least the first three episodes. Oh, and that Bud says something "naughty" that David apparently felt was quite funny. But that's as far as the spoilers would go. 

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, neuromom said:

Just saw DG posting a live feed on Facebook. He did spoil that Bud is on for at least the first three episodes. Oh, and that Bud says something "naughty" that David apparently felt was quite funny. But that's as far as the spoilers would go. 

Well, then my guess is that Nick is the fugitive and hides with Bud because it is another opportunity to put Bud in danger....  (If Nick were to hide with someone, Bud would be the logical choice since he's a fugitive from Renard and Renard doesn't have *that* much to do with Bud.  I think the only time they really ever had anything to do with each other was at the Wesenrein).

I do wish they would do something more with Bud than just bring him out when they don't know what else to do.  

• Love 2

I went and watched David and it was interesting that the cast doesn't know if the show is returning in October or January, just that they start filming next week.  Hmm.  He mentioned that Danny Bruno who plays Bud is a Portland actor who was just supposed to be in one episode. 

As far as Nick being the fugitive, David said he is directing the first episode.  Is it hard to direct oneself if featured prominently in an episode?  I don't know, just wondering.

59 minutes ago, ShadowFacts said:

I went and watched David and it was interesting that the cast doesn't know if the show is returning in October or January, just that they start filming next week.  Hmm.  He mentioned that Danny Bruno who plays Bud is a Portland actor who was just supposed to be in one episode. 

As far as Nick being the fugitive, David said he is directing the first episode.  Is it hard to direct oneself if featured prominently in an episode?  I don't know, just wondering.

I think it is tricky, but plenty of actors do it.  Kevin McKidd directs several episodes of Grey's each season, and I don't recall his character being especially absent in those eps (of course, Grey's has such a huge cast that no one is really a predominant character anymore, not even Meredith). And I think David Schwimmer directed several episodes of Friends.

On the other hand, this is the first time DG has directed and there really isn't any way at this point for Nick to NOT be prominently featured (if it were a mid-season episode without some huge long arc, then maybe...), so who knows.  I remember reading him saying that he was directing the first episode so that he'd have plenty of time to prepare.

(I have my own theories as to why he's directing, but they mostly come from my own feelings about the current state of the show....)

Elizabeth Tulloch has said in the past that the premiere date was 10/28, so it would be interesting if that was called back after her announcement.  Grimm premieres so late in the season that I can see NBC doing a wait-and-see approach with it in case one of their new shows tanks quickly and they want to pull it after only a few episodes.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

I think it is tricky, but plenty of actors do it.  Kevin McKidd directs several episodes of Grey's each season, and I don't recall his character being especially absent in those eps (of course, Grey's has such a huge cast that no one is really a predominant character anymore, not even Meredith). And I think David Schwimmer directed several episodes of Friends.

On the other hand, this is the first time DG has directed and there really isn't any way at this point for Nick to NOT be prominently featured (if it were a mid-season episode without some huge long arc, then maybe...), so who knows.  I remember reading him saying that he was directing the first episode so that he'd have plenty of time to prepare.

(I have my own theories as to why he's directing, but they mostly come from my own feelings about the current state of the show....)

Elizabeth Tulloch has said in the past that the premiere date was 10/28, so it would be interesting if that was called back after her announcement.  Grimm premieres so late in the season that I can see NBC doing a wait-and-see approach with it in case one of their new shows tanks quickly and they want to pull it after only a few episodes.

Excellent observation and one of the reasons that I have thoroughly enjoyed GA over the last few years.  Maybe Grimm should have followed this example and I would not have to complain about Nick being a marginal character on his own titled show.

5 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

Well, then my guess is that Nick is the fugitive and hides with Bud because it is another opportunity to put Bud in danger....  (If Nick were to hide with someone, Bud would be the logical choice since he's a fugitive from Renard and Renard doesn't have *that* much to do with Bud.  I think the only time they really ever had anything to do with each other was at the Wesenrein).

I do wish they would do something more with Bud than just bring him out when they don't know what else to do.  

I love Bud!  It's too bad the writers did not cut at least six of the Nick shacking up with Adalind scenes so that we could have had more Bud and Meisner.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

Actually it's easier to direct an episode that heavily features your character because you already know how you want to act/direct the scenes.

From what i've seen in other shows, the actor/director is usually given a lighter load in the episode prior to their directing gig so they could have time to prep their directing episode.

Jensen Ackles has directed the Season Premiere episode of Supernatural  for the past 3 years but is skipping this year. It might actually make it easier on the actor/director to do the Season Premiere 

• Love 2

Elizabeth Tulloch just posted the front page of the script for 603 (did I miss 602?). It's called "Oh Captain, My Captain" and David Giuntoli is directing this one as well.

It looks like we may be having a Nick vs. Renard season, which (imo) would be an excellent thing. I may have to actually watch this season!

(edited)

As long as my sexy pants Renard comes out on top and he squashes Nick like a bug, I'll be there with bells on my toes!  Renard is being written evil in order to justify Nick taking not dead Juliette Eve back or being with that twit Adalind.

Edited by Darklazr

If this ends up being a Nick v Renard season, it's actually possible Nick might regain some of his former badassery, building from the end of last season. I'd be all in on that. Especially if Adalind stays off in her own plotline with the kids, like she always used to. Then I can happily fast forward her crap without wondering if I'm missing anything relevant to the plot 

• Love 2